1 can white beans, drained and rinsed well
3 eggs
1/2 C splenda
1/4 C sf flavored syrup or sf pancake syrup
2 T SmartBeat or Canola oil
1 T cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350. Mix everything in a blender or food processor (you could use a hand mixer but texture might be lumpier). Add to muffin pans sprayed with cooking spray. Bake about 30-40 min or until firm and a toothpick comes out clean. It's hard to over cook these things!

Makes 6 jumbo muffins or more smaller. They have about 125 calories a piece if using SmartBeat, canola oil will up the calories a little.

I just made mine plain and they were really tasty but you could use these flavorings as well:
-1 or 2 T bannana extract with 2 T walnuts
-2T maple extract with 2 T pecans
-P2--zest of one lemon, 2 T lemon juice, 1/2 C blueberries (reduce sf syrup by 2T if you do this one)

(adapted from another SBD board)

marie718
01-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Another recipe I can't wait to try. I am going to add chopped pecans and sf maple syrup to mine...mmm. THANKS!!!

KO
03-05-2010, 09:13 AM
I've never seen this recipe before has anyone tried this?

diary
03-05-2010, 09:26 AM
How do the beans effect the texture? This sounds like an intriguing recipe....

CyndiM
03-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Just like the mock cornbread the beans are invisible in this recipe :)

KO
03-05-2010, 09:47 AM
I think those are going to be my new AM Snack! I added to peapod!

KO
03-06-2010, 01:49 PM
There cooling! They look like real muffins :) I subbed 2 heaping TSP (ballpark 2 T) of PB for the oil b/c I didn't have any and PB has nutrition

KO
03-06-2010, 02:47 PM
The recipe made 6.5 (I used a rammekin) Jumbo muffins
They were really good! i did sub the PB for the oil and next time I will add nutmeg and ginger
The texture was like moist slightly underdone muffins

monasmom
03-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Ok I am curious from those who have made these & if you had any problems. I made them today & followed the instructions to the letter except, I wanted a lemon-poppyseed flavor so I used 2 Tbsp lemon juice & reduced the flavored syrup to 2Tbsp as directed and added approx 2 tsp poppyseeds. Then I poured them into muffin tins sprayed with Pam. When I went to remove them, even after loosening with a knife, I only got muffin tops:?: Did this happen to anyone else? I am a bit bummed. Also mine tasted good but were kinda dry in texture and I baked them the min time of 30 mins.

Sue

KO
03-10-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm thinking with the juice it might have been too viscous

jenne1017
03-13-2010, 12:33 PM
yes, the acid in the juice, even a little bit, would throw off the baking powder...Maybe add some SF Lemon Jello powder?

cottagebythesea
03-13-2010, 01:32 PM
I think rather than using lemon juice, lemon extract may work better. Also, try adding in maybe 2 Tbsp. of nonfat yogurt to make them moister, too.

I hope this helps!

souvenirdarling
03-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Lemon zest would probably be best and most concentrated in flavour!

KO
04-23-2010, 10:43 PM
If I have white beans going to try another batch in the AM with Smart balance
I might try it with black beans if i don't

SBSuz
05-16-2010, 07:40 PM
KO, did you try them with black beans? I'm thinking of making these with black, but guessing it might be smart to add a little cocoa powder to them? I'm torn, wondering what you came up with. :)

KO
05-16-2010, 07:45 PM
I made them with White beans and they were very good :)
There is a black bean brownie recipe somewhere here

SBSuz
05-16-2010, 09:08 PM
I've made black bean brownies before; I like them but my husband doesn't. I just made these muffins with black beans and threw in 2 tbsp of cocoa. I don't care for them, but hubby does. Go figure! :) (I made them in mini muffin cups so it was "dessert")

Looking forward to trying these with white beans!

Suz

KO
05-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Suz when I made the white bean muffies the PB really made it taste great

WibblyWobbly
09-20-2010, 05:54 PM
I am looking forward to trying these. The big test will be feeding this to my 6 year old son. He is the world's most picky eater. I would love to find a way to sneak beans in to his diet. I have tried to be clever with other veggies and he seems to have x-ray vision. :lol:

WibblyWobbly
09-20-2010, 07:57 PM
I didn't realize I was out of cinnamon. I used apple pie spice instead. It was very good!

spixiet
09-20-2010, 08:03 PM
I have never heard of anything like this... I'm going to have to make sure I pick up a couple cans of beans when I go to the grocery store this week. Peanut butter and cinnamon sounds awesome :)

Thanks for the great idea!

lazylioness
10-05-2010, 10:18 PM
gonna try this tomorrow. The mock cornbread is awesome, so I would imagine that this will be too!

lazylioness
10-06-2010, 12:15 PM
OK so tried this today. I actually made them last night and had a bite right out of the oven. I like them ok enough, but the kids do not. Of course at this point, they have given up fighting with me about what is to eat because there is nothing but healthy options in the kitchen HAHA.

Anyway,this morning warmed up with a turkey sausage and a smidge of "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" and the fiancee and spawn were much more...whats the word....impressed? So all in all they are pretty good. I like them more than the family did.

When I made them I used dried beans that I had soaked and boiled for a few hours, so we are going to try with a can of beans and see if that changes the texture (which is a little "off"). But really all in all, they were pretty yum

janis
04-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Made the white bean muffins. They were delicious. Gave one to my husband who was really impressed. I can't believe they were this good without any flour. Looking forward to trying the black bean brownies next.
What a treat!!

VermontMom
04-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Oh my. You've all inspired me!! I have white beans in the cupboard..I have mini muffin tins and paper liners. I am going to try the PB and cinnamon version.

EVERY morning when I have my coffee, I longingly think of something to have with it...piece of toast, muffin..not even a doughnut, I'd be happy with toast or muffin! so tomorrow I'm going to try this! and will of course let you know my results.

janis
04-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Holly, try it the regular way first. I think you'll find you don't need the fattening PB.
Today I'm going to try the black bean "brownie" version.
Will let you know how it goes.

VermontMom
04-18-2012, 07:57 PM
I just made these .... I guess I am pleased with them. They did stick to the bottom of the muffin tins, despite spraying. But I loosened around the edges with a thin sharp knife and then used a spoon to get them out.

This is exactly what I did -

1 can white beans, rinsed and drained - ran through my teeny little baby food processor, which did not get it completely smooth. Scraped the mostly smashed beans into my KitchenAid, and used the paddle attachment to try to cream it smooth.

3 eggs
2 TBSP. natural chunky peanut butter
2 TBSP. nonfat plain yogurt

added the above and creamed til smooth.

1/2 cup Splenda
1 heaping TBSP cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder

added the above and briefly mixed, just til combined.

Used 2 mini muffin tins, sprayed with non-stick spray. Used my mini scoop to portion - filled 23.

So I tried to figure the calorie count -
beans - 350 calories
3 eggs - 240 calories
2 TBSP peanut butter - 180
2 TBSP plain yogurt - 25 calories

795 total, divided by 23 = 34 calories each, when made mini.

I'm satisfied with them. They certainly can't be as good as 'real' muffins. But I'm happy with them, with a big cuppa coffee! :)

VermontMom
04-18-2012, 10:04 PM
*and I'm pretty sure they won't disappear, courtesy of son or husband...they don't like them :devil:

tar118
05-14-2012, 08:02 PM
I've been eating these for breakfast almost every morning! I am not an egg fan but don't mind them in baked goods.

SouthBeacherAT
09-10-2013, 04:16 AM
How much is on can of beans in grams/oz?

Ruthxxx
09-10-2013, 04:20 AM
About 16 oz drained. Hope that helps and :welcome: to 3FC!

SouthBeacherAT
09-10-2013, 04:38 AM
so almost a lb

thank you Ruth...I love this forum, so many yummy recipes

Ruthxxx
09-10-2013, 05:05 AM
No. That is volume ounces, not weight measurement. It should weigh much less than a pound. Too bad the whole world doesn't just go on metric!
16 oz is 454. ml.

(Next time you are going by, wave at the statue of Mozart.)

SouthBeacherAT
09-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Okay, thanks. I'll use a measuring cup.

But I have to say when it comes to veggies and fruits a scale is much better than a cup (for me) ;)

Beth19
10-12-2013, 12:53 PM
YUM! Just tried these for the 1st time and they were great. I stuck with the SF maple syrup with cinnamon.

I'm making these again!