Support Groups - MOMYS Seeking to Lose 50# by Christmas

julieofarc
07-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Hey gals- I'm a 31 year old MOMYS (Mother of Many Young Siblings) with 4 ages 8, 5, 3, 2 and planning to lose 50 # by Christmas. Anyone else wanna come along for the ride?

I'm working towards some specific fitness goals so I can do some competitve rowing next year. I've been eating along the lines of what is recommended in the Perricone Prescription, but mostly just lean meats and fruits and veggies.

Julie

tamemejamie1977
07-31-2005, 11:24 AM
I will go along with you. I want to lose 50# by Christmas. I started Adkin's 3 days ago. This is day #4 for me. So far ...so good. I am determined to get this weight off this time & KEEP IT OFF! I have a 9 year old and I am 28. Keep in touch!
Jamie

bsweet2selina
07-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Wow we have so much in common. I am 26 and have tw0 boys 10 and 5. I want to lose 50 pounds by december too. I graudate from college in feb. so I want to look good. mabe we can keep in touch. I am doing akins too but I cant seem to keep on track. I only lost three pounds and it has been two weeks so I need a little help lol.

julieofarc
07-31-2005, 02:31 PM
Great Jamie & bsweet! I'm did Atkins a couple years ago, and really had some TMJ issues with it. So, I'm loosely following the food plan in the Perricone Prescription (lots of lean fish and poultry, with berries & melons and the dark veggies, some nuts). I'm considering joining Weight Watchers here, but it seems like a lot of money just for that. (And I get a little obsessive about counting points!) Overall, my plan is to work my way through this weight at the gym while making healthy, sensible food choices. :strong: :ebike:

Do we want to pick a weigh in day so we can keep each other accountable? (I didn't lose anything this last week, but since I've been in the gym the last couple weeks that makes me happy since muscle weighs more than fat.)

I was able to buy a pair of size 18's in capri pants yesterday. That's big stuff for me. I also bought a pair of 16's so I can still wear them 10 pounds from now. I read someone around here saying they buy new clothes a size smaller as a motivation. I think that idea may have some merit.

Anything particular you gals want out of this buddy thing? :listen:

bsweet- I just started back to college to finish my BA in History. I'll be taking about 9 hrs. this fall and 9 this spring, in addition to being wife, mom, homeschool teacher, and woman on a mission to lose this weight. :) What's your degree in?

bellarotunda
07-31-2005, 11:22 PM
i'm in too! 35 and 2 kids - ages 7 and 4. i'm just shy of wanting to lose 50lbs, but close enough. i need a regular place i can check in, weigh in, and just chat. i find the board bit overwhelming, so it would be nice to have one group to call 'home'. i'm trying weight watchers - but not officially (i just have all the stuff from my last failed attempt at joining them). my vices - eating after the kids go to bed, and portion size.

momof3hes
07-31-2005, 11:27 PM
Hey there.... Dont leave me behind! Ive been lurking around for awhile now, trying to see just how this thing works and thinking I would like more of a buddy situation. I have way more than 50 to lose at this point, but 50 by Christmas would make a huge dent I think. Ive got little ones myself so hopefully Ill fit right in :) Angie

julieofarc
08-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Well, we're forming a good little group here! I'm so excited to meet each of you. Welcome, Angie & Bella. I'm so glad to see so many of us with little ones. It gets harder and harder to make good choices for yourself, both in the food and exercise realm, with little ones needing so many things from you. I am finally adopting the 'airplane oxygen' philosophy- I can't take care of them well until I've taken care of myself. Not in a selfish way, but if I'm an overweight, unfit mom, I can't by the mother, wife, homemaker I want to be.

Is everyone up for Friday AM's as weigh-in days? (I'm also taking measurements once a month, and comparing them at www.mybodycomp.com . Just be forewarned that my body fat % was waaaaay off- even the bio-impedence thing the PT used somewhat as a joke after doing the body composition caliper stuff said about 10 percent lower than my physical measurements calcuation did. I haven't heard back from her yet as to what the total is.)

Off to put my littlest two down for naps and have the oldest read to the 5 year old.

Julie

julieofarc
08-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi again! I wanted to 'talk out loud' about this 50# thing. I don't want to get to October and think, "Whoa! This isn't possible!" because I messed around early on. For me, losing the 50 will require a steady loss of about 2#/week. I'm not going to crash diet or compromise muscle mass in order to make a silly goal. So, here's some mini-goals I'm thinking on:

By Labor Day: -10 #
By Halloween (or Reformation Day): -16 (26 total)
By Thanksgiving: -8 (34 Total)
By Christmas: -8 (42 total)

Most of us, unless we've been at this a while will probably drop more than the 2# a week at the beginning. I started counting towards this two weeks ago, which would add another 4 lbs. avg. to the total of 46. That's still a little agressive, so we'll just have to see how it goes.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Is 50 too much to aim for? Should we say 40? Or aim for 50 just to see if we can make it? :?:

momof3hes
08-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Friday weigh day sounds perfect! I think I am going to stick to the 50 lb. thing. I just have SO MUCH to lose. My youngest will be 2 at the end of this month and I am still breastfeeding. Up until this point, I have been eating carefully and plentiful. He is only nursing now for comfort and I am comfortable with eating way less now. I dont know about the whole measuring inches thing. I have never been confident with the idea that I am measuring the exact same spot as the last time...if that makes any sense. Anyway, I am still toying with what exactly I am going to be eating. That pericone? plan sounds interesting but Im not a big meat eater. I MUST STAY AWAY FROM THE SKITTLES! lol. Anyway...I am so glad to have met you, and am thrilled to have somewhere to post my weight and not hang my head in shame. I have been so depressed and am feeling rather hopeful right now. Thanks :)

bbmom
08-02-2005, 12:39 AM
Hey girls! Wait for me! I am a 29yr old married mother of 3. A ten yr old, 7yr old, and the baby just turned 1. Currently, I am a stay at home mom, and a nontrad student at the local UW. I was planning on getting my BA in Education, but then we had a little surprise... (our baby) so I am still in school but now taking it very S...L...O...W.... I think I'll be taking this semester off, as the last two with the new addition to our family were REALLY TOUGH!
I don't know about you guys, but I have tried EVERY diet pill on the market, and nothing has worked. I know the only way to lose the weight is to exercise but I just don't have the motivation. I try for a few days and then give up. A support system would be awesome!! My golden birthday is December 30th. I really don't want to enter my thirties with this extra weight....

julieofarc
08-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Cool, bbmom! Glad you're here. And I'm still sticking to the 50# thing as well, Angie.

I downloaded a free trial of the Weight-by-date program from www.weightbydate.com last night, and I think I'm really going to like it. It accounts for measurements and weight, tracks calories, tracks exercise, water, journal notes, etc. For visual folks, it offers graphs and charts of your progress and projected finish date for your goal. It also tells you what, given you height, body fat percentage you should be at at goal, and if that's a healthy range. It costs $39.95 to buy, but I think I'll end up doing it anyhow (that's cheaper than WW or other things to help you track).

BTW, I was a good girl and drank all my water yesterday and was up peeing every couple hours last night! Arrrggh! I need to work towards finishing my water earlier in the day, obviously. Also, I know my body will get acclimated to being well hydrated and regulate that better. Until then I may lovingly request that my dh switch sides of the bed with me! :lol:

Julie

txmom23
08-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey everyone,
I'm a 31 yr. old stay-at-home mom of 3 (ages 8,soon to be 7, & soon to be 5) and also a p/t student. Would love some support and accountablility in the weight loss area! Friday weigh-ins sound like they would work, but I can't promise it will be in the a.m. My hubby just designed a strenght training routine (he's an avid weight lifter) and I plan on starting to it tonight. Wish me luck!
Missy

julieofarc
08-02-2005, 10:27 AM
So, there are 8 of us to date:

me (Julie)
tamejamie1977 (Jamie)
bsweet2selina
bellarotunda
txmedcalf (Missy)
bbmom
bigbootie (Ailah)
momof3hes (Angie)

And we're going to weigh in on Fridays and post our pounds lost/gained (gasp!). Why don't we also post our exercise hours for the week? That'll help make sure we're not just starving ourselves....

Also, let's pick something in our closets that's a size too small or just doesn't fit well, and work towards getting into it. (My personal trainer is having me do this besides just weighing.) Make sure to let us know when you fit into yours so we can cheer you on!!!! (People around here seem to love dancing bananas!) I'm chosing two things- a pair of size 16 capris and a knee-length tank dress that fits rather close (too close! I look pregnant in it right now!).

We can talk about creative ways to get some exercise with little ones around, if anyone needs some ideas. I'm sure everyone has something to share about that.

I'll find out if we need to move this from the buddy area to the support group list or if the moderators will do that for us.

bigbootie
08-02-2005, 02:18 PM
My name is Aila and I also have the goal of loosing 50lbs by XMAS. (Hopefully) I am a mother of 4, they are 10,9,4 & 6 months. I do not have a specific diet that I am following. I am just watching what I eat, and exercising. I am glad to be a part of your group and look forward to getting to know all of you.

bigbootie
08-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Julie,

50 lbs does seem like alot, but I think that it is a good goal to have. Even if we don't loose it we can sure try. Friday's for a weigh in sounds good. Guess I better go buy a scale. The only reason I even know my weight is because I was just at the Doctors. I haven't weighed myself in years!!!

gina71
08-02-2005, 02:46 PM
:wave: Hi I am new and I really want to do this. My name is Gina and I have a five year old daughter. Just one but I still have 50lbs to lose. I need a group to keep me motivated. I have read all of the groups and I just felt like I didn't fit in to any of them. Friday is a good day for weigh in for me. I am excited.

julieofarc
08-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Julie,

50 lbs does seem like alot, but I think that it is a good goal to have. Even if we don't loose it we can sure try. Friday's for a weigh in sounds good. Guess I better go buy a scale. The only reason I even know my weight is because I was just at the Doctors. I haven't weighed myself in years!!!

If you'd rather just take measurements rather than buy a scale, I'm sure that'd be fine. Then you can just get on the scale someplace else. Whatever you are comfortable with.

julieofarc
08-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Hey Gina- I'm hope you'll feel like you fit okay here. We've all be where you're at (with 1 little), and we remember! :) Be talkin' with ya soon...

julieofarc
08-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm a 31 yr. old stay-at-home mom of 3 (ages 8,soon to be 7, & soon to be 5) and also a p/t student. Would love some support and accountablility in the weight loss area! Friday weigh-ins sound like they would work, but I can't promise it will be in the a.m. My hubby just designed a strenght training routine (he's an avid weight lifter) and I plan on starting to it tonight. Wish me luck!
Missy

Yeah Missy! I'm glad you're here! (Missy and I go way back- like high school! I watched her pour more quarts of oil into her RX7 than should be allowed. And college! And weight lifting partners! And she was my maid-of-honor!) Since we had talked on the phone, I didn't reply initially, then I realized how rude that looked to the rest of us! :o So, a big ole' Texas welcome from Colorado! :)

gina71
08-02-2005, 04:26 PM
:hun: Ok, I am off to go have a chicken salad for lunch. I am so excited. I know I can do this. Thanks
Gina

MommaB3
08-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Hi ladies~
I'm in for this one as well - I have *way* more than 50 lbs to lose but it's a start (and how motivating!!).

I have 3 little ones (3, 2, and almost 3 months) and I'm breastfeeding - but I have SO much milk, I doubt it will be a problem. Plus, I'm really going for lifestyle change here rather than drastic starving weightloss.

Julie, I don't think I qualify for MOMYS (isn't it 4 under 8yrs. old?) - but I'll be there soon enough, Lord willing!!

Friday is weigh-in day - don't have a scale but I'm going to just check in with how I'm doing. I'm also going to try the 'find a too-small item of clothing' idea. Let's see...I have a dress that is a bit too small - I'll start with that. If I can get to where that dress is too large, then I'll know I'm doing good.

Talk to ya soon!

txmom23
08-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, HOWDY!! Jules ;) and hello to everyone else. I am not following any particular "meal plan", but am trying to up the fruits and veggies and cut back on the rest. Hoping to sit down tomorrow and mark out my goals. And I've already got the "motivation jeans" hanging in my closet!! Think I'm off to attempt my new strength training routine!! :strong: Talk to everyone tomorrow!
Missy

julieofarc
08-02-2005, 07:19 PM
This is fun! You gals will just have to make sure and kick me in the backside when it gets to being not fun, okay?

I'm so glad you're here too Lori! I get to see Lori on a fairly regular basis since we go to church together. We both seem to be pretty busy lately (her with her new baby, and me with I don't know what exactly), so we've been short on girl time. I'm just tickled to have a couple real life friends here as well as you new virtual friends!

As far as the MOMYS goes, I don't think anyone really knew what that meant. (MOMYS is an email list for moms with at least 4 children ages 8 + under, or who've had that many under 8 ever.) I was just hoping to find some other moms with young children who would understand some of the weight loss challenges that presents. You all definitely qualify!

I'm doing about 1600 calories a day, which isn't very drastic, but combined with the exercise *should* bring about the desired effect.

And Lori, if you just want to weigh in, you're welcome to drop by my house and use mine. Some people prefer not to use them at all, so that's cool too, I just wanted to offer. I bought one of those fancy digital ones that goes to the nearest halfpound when I tried doing the WW online stuff..... oh, I guess it was 8 years ago?... Anyhow, it's right on accurate with the real doctor type scales at the YMCA.

AmySue
08-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Okay!! I would love to join this group as well. My name is Amy, I am married to a wonderful man for almost 5 years and mommy to one (yes only one) daugter, who will be two in October. I want to loss 50# by Christmas for a number of reasons: my health, my self and above all my family. I don't want to leave then just yet. My daughter is now at the fun exploring age and I feel as though I can't keep up with her sometimes. And just the other day she picked up on that and asked me if I was ok. :( I have a problem with portion control and motivating myself to excersise. I am a work at home mom running my own business which keeps me at the computer for a greater portion of the day. So I am looking forward to getting to know you all and to lose 50# by CHRISTMAS!!!!!

julieofarc
08-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Hi Amy Sue! You and Gina both are in the 1 kid club, so you're not alone.

As far as exercising at home, the personal trainer I'm working with at the Y (that's a nice way of saying I'm paying tons for her time.... :) ) keeps showing me exercises I can 'do at home with the kids'. I think I need to tell her I come to the Y on purpose- so I don't have to try to exercise with them around my feet. (I've tried that for years, and as we have added more children and they've gotten older but not old enough to be trusted to stay out of trouble on their own for a bit, it's just gotten more difficult.) I just find that funny- some things she's recommending are: walking lunges (takes me back to cross country in high school), squats with a chair under you, push-ups against the wall rather than on the floor (I'm a wimp and can't do them on the floor, on knees or otherwise- now Missy, that girl can rock with her upper body!) and getting in the push-up position and just holding yourself up by tightening abs. I'm sure this makes absolutely no sense, so I'm not sure why I typed it up. :shrug:

I think one thing I am going to do is to keep track of how many times I go up/down the stairs by putting a paper & stickers or pen at the top of the 2nd floor and the basement door. I tend to avoid going up and down, so it would naturally help me in the exercise department just to do that regularly instead of piling things on the steps to be carried up later. I'll have to think up some good non-food reward for making 100 trips or something (and that should easily happen in a week- our laundry is generated upstairs, but the washer and dryer is in the basement. :mad: )

momof3hes
08-03-2005, 12:05 AM
I was going to say hello to everyone who hopped aboard and as I read, I realized there were so many that I couldnt remember their names! But hello to you all nevertheless and of course good luck! Julie...you seem so motivated...could you throw a little of that my way? ;)

Jamngclub
08-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Hi everyone!!

I'm Jen currently a sahm to 2 girls (ages 7 and 5) I say currently because I will probaly be going back to work in the fall when the kids are in school (well, if I can find a job after being home 6 yrs - hee hee) Anyways, I will be 29 next month (9/12) and NEED to lose some weight. 50lbs would be great by Christmas!! :) hee hee

My short term I goal is to lose 75lbs total. Ideally I would like to 100-125, but I could live with 75lbs.

Anyone have any good advise? I have had NO luck in my dieting attempts in the past. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Jen

MommaB3
08-03-2005, 01:49 AM
I'm not sure how you ladies want to do this? Should we just check in each day with how we are doing as far as eating and exercising go??

Today, I ate "OK" - meaning less than I used to eat, more than I should have eaten. But then dh came home and decided we were taking a family walk. We grabbed our "hospitality meal" and headed to a new family we have just met recently. (our walks usually include giving away some of our extra food, which I guess is good for our health as well!)

We ended up walking for about an hour - which is good for us!

I also have a stair stepper machine - but it KICKS MY BUTT!! I'm gonna see if I can learn how to adjust it and see if I can get it any easier to start off with. Right now, I can only do 1-2 min. - seriously.

Dh has also agreed to purchasing an exercise video of some sort, to help me out at home. Can anyone recommend something?? I'm wondering about this Pilates craze I've heard about? Any suggestions??

Ok, time to hit the hay~

txmom23
08-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Hey gals,
I'm also having a hard time remembering who posted what, so this is a catch all answer to several comment! :dizzy: Julie, as for the push up hold, it's AWESOME! For those of you who don't know, I had all the children by c-section, and NOT the nice little bikini cut kind. I got the big, up and down mondo inscision (emergency on the first baby). Needless to say, my abs are not what they used to be! Get into a push up position (be sure and keep you back level) and hold. It works LOTS of muscles and great for the abs!!

As for the stair stepping machine, I also have one but can't do it for very long. (Yeah, I know Julie, the 30 mins. on it at the Colvin Center at OSU seems AGES ago). I can set mine to where I'm simply walking slowly up. Like that setting a lot! :lol: As for Pilates vidoes, I have a couple, but my issue is ABS ABS ABS! The beginning moves are great, I really like them, but to do the more advanced stuff, my abs just don't hold up. My main issue w/ videos is like what Julie was saying, can't keep kiddos out from under my feet. Maybe someone else can suggest something?!

Someone mentioned Julie as motivating! You came to the right person for that! When she puts her mind to something, everybody better watch out!!! It's gonna get done!! :dancer: Love ya, Julie!!

Well, girls, off to run errands in town. Thanks to ya'll (I can say ya'll cause I'm from TX!!) I will be taking the monster sized water bottle in tow!!

Have a great day!
Missy

bigbootie
08-03-2005, 10:39 AM
There are so many of us that I justed wanted to mention a quick Hello to everyone. My dh offered me some chocolate chip cookies last night and I turned them down, I am so proud of myself. That is a first for me. I have never said no to chocolate. I am beginning to really think that I can do this. I have had some doubts but I can see a glimpse of me now skiiny and beautiful. I hope all is well with everyone and I hope you all have a Good Day!!! ;)

julieofarc
08-03-2005, 04:44 PM
You gals are all too fun!

Way to go on skipping the chocolate chip cookie, Aila! That can be big stuff for us! (And sorry for misspelling your name earlier- I get to 'thinking' a name a certain way so I can remember how to say it, and sometimes it comes out in the typing.... :)

Lori, I had hoped we can all just check in during the week as time allows. We're all busy with our little ones, but if we can take a minute to share our discouragement or our motivation, we can make each others burden lighter. (I'm a Christian, and definitely believe in bearing each others burdens- we can't carry each other's weight, but we can help each other to have the courage to make good decisions on what to put into our body and whether we move our body as well.)

Several of you mentioned my being motivated- that's good! I really am on a mission to get this part of my life under control. It's probably a little too much of a focus right now, but I know time will help me mellow out a bit. And like I said before, when I get down I'll be depending on ya'll (I'm a former Texan, so I take liberties- I really don't have much of an accent, but people here say 'oh, there's another Southern girl', which I find rather funny coming from Californians and Minnesotans.) to help carry me.

Hi Jen! Welcome aboard!

Our local Mom's Group (Lori knows this) does a 'Brags & Sags' part of the session each week. Maybe we could incorporate that on a weekly/daily/sporadic basis. (as in whenever works for you) so you can say your brag (highlight, best thing, etc.) and sag (worst, etc.) on your daily habits. So, chime in whenever you feel like it, okay?

Gotta go clean (I am a horrible housekeeper- my dh had a men's group meeting tonight, so I'll be doing an hour of heavy cleaning instead of water aerobics after the kids are in bed) so when the computer repair guy comes he isn't shocked at the popcorn and almonds on the floor in here. And I am *not* going to bake cookies like I planned, because I know who'll end up eating too many..... ME! If it ain't here, I won't eat it, but if it is........ watch out!

bigbootie
08-04-2005, 09:23 AM
The last time I was weighed was July 18 at a doctors visit and I weighed in at 212. I weighed myself last night and to my suprise I am down to 197. I am questioning if the scale is right only because I didn't get really serious about loosing until this week. After my doctors appointment I started watching what I ate a little more but still was not very careful. I will take the 197 though. It is making me feel even more inspired to eat right and exercise. I know that we are supposed to do a weigh in on Friday's so I will wait until next Friday to do mine.

Julie it is okay that you spelled my name wrong I am used to it. It happens to me all the time. LOL. Good decision not baking those cookies, who can resist homemade cookies?

I hope everyone has a good day talk to you all later.

Aila

AmySue
08-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Aila,

I know that people have told me that when you diet only go off of one scale and use that scale in the same place everytime that you weigh. Because the same scale can weigh you differently if say you were weighing yourself on a hard floor verses carpet. Sometime even if its both hard floors but ones in the bathroom and the other in the kitchen will still be different depending on the structure of the floor and house. What I do is I weigh myself in the bathroom and mark the same place for the scale so its in the same place everytime. The best way is if you don't have to move it at all.

I know when I was trying to get pregnant I would weigh myself at home right before my doctors appointment and then they would weigh me at the office. No matter what between the two scales the numbers would never match. My suggestion for you, Aila, is to take the loss and be extremely excited about it. Weigh from your scale at home only!! And if you ever have to get weighed at the doctors again, just keep that in mind that you are only using the one at your home, PERIOD!!!!!!

Keep it up Girly!!! Your doing GREAT!!!!!! :bravo:

gina71
08-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Hello all,
I have done great today and even went for a walk. I lifted some free weight yesterday. I have some 10 and 15 lb weights and when I do them on a regular basis I can really see a difference in inches lost. I am still going to weigh on Fri, but I may not see the big weight loss at first if I am lifting weights. I will try the push up and hold for sure. I was watching Oprah last night and her guest (Perrconni Promise ?) said that if you replace coffee with green tea you can lose 10lb in two months. He said that coffee causes an increase in insulin. I thought I might give it a try. I do like green tea and it would be a great way to get off coffee. Has anyone else heard of this guys book?

Gina

txmom23
08-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Hey girls,

I totally agree on the "use only your home scale thing"!!! I only use the one at my house so if I'm off, I'm consistently off!

I LOVE the "brag and sag" idea. I think we all need the chance to vent and then let it go. We also need the opportunity for other gals to pat us on the back when we do good! So... kudos on the bypassing the cookie!!! :bravo:

Well, looks like another south TX lightning storm is headed my way, guess I need to go unplug everything...again...

I did work out yesterday and today, yeah for me!!!
Missy

julieofarc
08-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Let's see, for today:

My sag is that I woke up with a migraine and so I didn't go to the gym. That has become my stress relief outlet. My dh and I are talking about buying an erg so we'd have something here for the times we can't make it to the gym. Someone on the Concept2 website mentioned they like to rent movies and then row for the 1 1/2 hours during the movie- a long steady row. I love that idea, and it would sure work better than my current habit of eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's while watching a movie. (But hey, they now have B & J's Body & Soul variations that are like half the fat and a quarter the sugar or something like that. I have yet to try it.)

My brag is.... hmmm, can think of more sags than brags given my frame of mind and all this rain..... that I've gone up and down the stairs many, many times on purpose. So, rather than setting a toy that belongs downstairs on the stairs to be taken later, I've been taking it and then coming back upstairs. Anyone know where you can buy those little clicker counter things? You know, where you can push a button and it counts up so you can keep track of laps around the track, etc.? I think I want one if they're not too expensive.

My mom is flying in to visit, so I'm headed out to the airport to pick her up! I told her to bring her gym clothes and hiking stuff, so if this rain quits we can go to a couple of the nice day hiking areas around here.

Looking forward to weigh-in day so I'll have a better baseline. It took me a while to get used to drinking the water and quit pinging up and down on a day to day basis. (I still do, just not nearly as much.)

AmySue
08-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Hmm my sag for the day....hmmm I have a lot of sags thats what I am trying to get rid of. :lol:

My brag for the day... just when I was getting depressed and thinking about grabing something well not healthy to eat...I got the newspaper. Now how you ask does that side track one from eating..... my business was on the FRONT PAGE!!!!! I was soooooooo excited that I started to dance around like a mad woman!!! :rofl: Needless to say that I forgot about eating and was more thirsty than anything!!

Anyhoo~ Julie ~ I think that your looking for a pedometer (sp?) They at one time was giving them out with the Adult Happy Meals at McD's. I have also seen them on cereal boxes like special k. Do a search and I am sure that you will find one at a decent price. What it does is keeps track of you steps for how ever long you wear it.

Sounds like you and your mom are going to have a nice time with hiking and the gym. Let us know how everything goes!!

Weigh in is tomorrow ~ do we have a "set" time as to when to weigh? I know some only weigh themselves in the morning before they eat anything because you are suppose to weigh less in the morning. Does it matter? should we just remember to weight at the same time and same day each week?

So ready to shed 50lbs!!!!! :D

txmom2ty
08-04-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey Julie, Missy, and everyone else;
My name is Sherri and I would love to loose 50 pounds by X-mas as well. I actually started eating better and exercising on Aug.1st (my 28th b-day). I have made it my goal that I am not going to be fat this year. I didn't know about this group until my sister (Missy) e-mailed me earlier this week. I don't have a particular goal in mind but I know that I don't want to stay in a size 16.

I am a single mom of an amlost four yr old little boy, I am a preschool teacher during the day and a college student at night. I have struggled with my weight all my life and I'm tired of being the heavy one in the family. I have come to the realization that I eat when I am bored and I tend to eat junk food most of the time. I am in a constant battle with depression, which doesn't help matters but since starting this diet on Monday I feel better about my self and I have alot more energy.

Weighing in on Friday mornings sounds great, but I have to be at work at 6:30. If I don't get a chance to weigh in, I will have my sister weigh in for me. I think it is wonderful to know that there is a support group out there to hold me accountable every week. I am really excited and I will talk to everyone later.

Bearsmommy
08-05-2005, 01:16 AM
Hi Everyone!

I would love to join! I am a working mom (teacher) with a husband and one child. I NEED to lose some weight. Each year it creeps up and up. Overall I would love to lose 60 pounds but 50 is good to. I think I am going to do WW. I am creating meal plans for each week.month. So that I do not have to think about it. I really wish i was Oprah. I would have enough money to hire a chef.

Anyway let me know if you have room.

Kathy (bearsmommy)

julieofarc
08-05-2005, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=txmom2ty]
If I don't get a chance to weigh in, I will have my sister weigh in for me. [QUOTE]

Now, Sherri, it's no fair posting someone else's weight! As much as you may not like it, you will have to weigh yourself!!! :joker:

Okay, really bad joke! It just hit me funny when you said you'd have Missy weigh in for you!

Glad you found us, Sherri! Thanks for sharing your bio.

julieofarc
08-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey gals- I'm checkin' in. I'm down 1.5 pounds. (203.5 last fri, 202 today) :woo: I can't get those silly tickers below to show half-pounds! This is also my PMS week, so I'm hoping in two weeks to see some more down, since I do tend to keep water weight around this time.

Even better, my measurements show I'm down 1.5 inches in my thighs (I measured and remeasured to see if there was a 'bigger' place, and I couldn't find anything!) That I love! I gained a bit in waist, biceps, but lost in my thighs and calves

I have picked a tile in our bathroom to set the scale on to make sure it weighs evenly. I'll be weighing in after I get up in the mornings on Fridays. I think as long as you pick a regular time, it works the same.

Amy- you are too funny! It took me a minute, I was thinking "Oh, poor girl, she's really had a bad day and has too many to share." until I realized you were talking about other kinds of sags! LOL

Kathy- Welcome! Welcome! As it's getting later in the weeks, I think the probability of losing 50 by Christmas becomes pretty minute, depending on how much you had to lose in the first place. The moral of that story is please don't be frustrated if it doesn't happen. Honestly, if we all lost 25 by Christmas that would be awesome. I'd be in a size 14! I could shop with the normal people. I'm impressed with your meal planning. I go in fits and sta
rts with that.

All right, time to 'fess up everyone!!! :drill:

txmom23
08-05-2005, 10:55 AM
OK, here it goes...

I weighed on Tues and it was 168, this morning it was 167. Hoping the strength training has something to do with that. But, a pound is a pound and I'll take it gladly. About 35 more to go!

Sherri (for those of you who didn't see before, is my sister) emailed her weigh-in last night. Starting Mon, she was 205 and as of last night she's down to 197!!!! YIPEE!! :cp:

Don't let the thought of getting on a scale discourage you! It's just a number to work with. Concentrate on how you feel, and how good what you are working on is for you!

My sag for today....I was up most of the night w/ my son throwing up! My brag is that despite that, after having to weigh in, I will still work out!! (Sherri is coming to town later today and she'll drag my rear out there even if I don't feel like it, it's fail proof :wl: )

Have a good one, and welcome to the new members!!! Glad you're here!

AmySue
08-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Ok Girlies~ Last week I weighed myself and weighed a whopping 273 lbs. :^: But today I stepped on the scale not expecting ANY change at all. Much to my suprise it said 268!!! I rubbed my eyes and still 268!! I HAVE LOST 5 POUNDS!!!!!! :cb:

Now I am all excited and believe more now than I did that I CAN and WILL do this!! I WILL NOT LET FOOD CONTROL MY LIFE!!! I am off to use the tread mill some more!!

Thank you all so much for all the support that you give, KEEP IT COMIN'!!!!

And BY ALL MEANS KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!! I want to see "less" of you all!! :lol:

txmom23
08-05-2005, 11:42 AM
WAY TOO GO AMYSUE!!!
Missy

AmySue
08-05-2005, 11:47 AM
WAY TOO GO AMYSUE!!!
Missy

Thank you!! And congrats to you and your sis a well!! Keep up the good work!! :D

stephanee
08-05-2005, 03:34 PM
count me in too! i have 3 kids ages 5,2, and 7 months. i only have 40 pounds till goal but i hope this is okay. you guys sound like a good group of motivated people and i need that. i am on atkins and have lost 18 pounds so far. so let me get this straight.... we post here on fridays with our weight and exercize updates, right?

julieofarc
08-05-2005, 04:14 PM
I was watching Oprah last night and her guest (Perrconni Promise ?) said that if you replace coffee with green tea you can lose 10lb in two months. He said that coffee causes an increase in insulin. I thought I might give it a try. I do like green tea and it would be a great way to get off coffee. Has anyone else heard of this guys book?

Gina

Hey Gina- I've been using the Perricone book as a rough guideline for my food choices. I love the salmon and fish, and he chooses great. I think I've most benefited from drinking lots of water and having the 6 small protein meals each day. I substituted small portions of almond butter to dip the green apple in for the raw almonds. It has been a great afternoon snack combined the the turkey spread w/ brown mustard. Mmmmmm! When I'm craving Coke (which I want for the sugar as much as the caffeine), I'm substituting iced mint green tea. I put a couple peppermint tea bags adn a couple green tea bags into the coffemaker basket, fill with water, run through the cycle, then ice and put it in the fridge. I try to stay away from caffeine normally, but there has been such hype about the green tea that I've wanted to try it anyhow.

I just think he does a good job of selecting really nutrient rich foods for you to choose from.

julieofarc
08-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Awesome Amy & Sherri!

julieofarc
08-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Hey Stephanee! Yep- just post your numbers on Friday, and you're welcome to chat other times as well (I'm sure you read our brags & sags thing) whenever you need encouragement. Glad you joined us!

julieofarc
08-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Hey Stephanee! Yep- just post your numbers on Friday, and you're welcome to chat other times as well (I'm sure you read our brags & sags thing) whenever you need encouragement. Glad you joined us!

My mom may be joining in here at some point as well. She went with me to the gym this morning and we got to work out together. That was really fun. I just wish she lived closer! (But, hey,that's what I say about all my good friends!)

tamemejamie1977
08-06-2005, 12:42 AM
quick post I am down 8 pounds since last Thursday. I weighed 222 this AM sorry forgot to post.

AmySue
08-07-2005, 03:37 PM
count me in too! i have 3 kids ages 5,2, and 7 months. i only have 40 pounds till goal but i hope this is okay. you guys sound like a good group of motivated people and i need that. i am on atkins and have lost 18 pounds so far. so let me get this straight.... we post here on fridays with our weight and exercize updates, right?

Welcome, Stephanee!!! What are doing or are planning to do is weigh ourselves on Fridays and then post the results on the boards. Any other time that you would like to post anything just go right ahead and feel free to do so. Like foe instance, we have a brag and sag thing going. You can post what you "brag" is for the day and the post your "sag" or visa versa. Does this make since??? :D

Let us know if you need anything, and we are all here to support you and to motivate. ;)

AmySue
08-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Awesome Amy & Sherri!

Thank you Miss Julie!!!!!! :D

AmySue
08-07-2005, 03:41 PM
quick post I am down 8 pounds since last Thursday. I weighed 222 this AM sorry forgot to post.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ae_chick92
08-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Mind if I join? A little about myself: Well, I have been struggling w/ weight loss for a while now. To tell you a little about me and my fight for a bikini-body (hehe), I am 13 years old. (Going into 8th grade) I know a lot of people on this website are older than me, but I am just so sick of trying to lose weight. I currently weigh 163-170, depending on what time I weigh. I want to get to 140 (at least!!). I feel weird going shopping with my friends who are TINY and can fit in kids' sizes still! I am proud however that over this summer I went down two sizes, from a 17 to a 13. Yay! Haha. I want to lose a lot of weight this year, but I need motivation. Well, I just wanted to tell you a little about myself. I will probably not have a LOT of time to work out this school year, so I want a diet that will help me lose a lot of weight without having to exercise all the time. I mean, I exercise in P.E. every day- usually we run a mile on the track two days a week and play sports like soccer, basketball, tennis, badmitton, volleyball, and football. So anyways....let me know what ya think! Thankies!
Laura

fancyfrog
08-08-2005, 01:17 AM
Hi all. Hope it's not too late to join! My name is Kathy, mom of 6-dd19, ds17, dd12, dd9, dd4 and ds2. It's always busy here, and always seems to be lots of eating going on. No one can be hungry at the same time (hubby is always hungry!!)
I would love to be 50 lbs lighter by Christmas, but I will be happy with 25! I actually started trying to lose weight last July(04) and I'm down 35 lbs. I hope to lose double that in the next year.
Hope to get to know you all, this seems like a great group!
I normally weigh on Monday morning, but TOM finally showed up-10 days late-this morning and I am not getting on the scale tomorrow! But I'll let you all know how I'm doing Friday!
Hope everyone has a great, healthy week!
Kathy

txmom23
08-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Hey! Just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing. It's nice to have a spot to keep me in check! It is DEFINITELY keeping me accountable. I even turned down my hubby's offer of pizza for supper last night and opted for a better alternative!! ;) Guess that's my brag! Sag would be rainy days and the desire to sit inside and eat! Hope ya'll are headed off to a good start for the week & welcome new members!! Take care!!
Missy

ae_chick92
08-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Txmedcalf,
Good job on turning down pizza!! Oh, We started at the same weight! I was 168 at the beginning of the summer, but I lost a couple of pounds and am currently at 163. Keep going!

nhwahm
08-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Hi All -

If it's not too late, count me in! I'm mom to dd age 5 (tomorrow) and ds age 2 - I have recently quit my full time job and am staying home to care for my children and my friends 2 children (during the school year only as she's a teacher). I am excited to be home, and hope this gives me the ability to really eat healthier than teaching has allowed. I am also hoping to be living a lower stress life than teaching has been.

I will need support and encouragement, as I am just starting this whole weightloss piece again!

Thanks!
Louella

ae_chick92
08-08-2005, 01:33 PM
What are "dd" and "ds"??

MommaB3
08-08-2005, 06:35 PM
dd = dear daughter
ds = dear son
dh = dear hubby

as for the 'diet' - well, it has been a bad weekend. My family all seems to be on the edge of sickness. Unfortunately, we tend to 'feed' our colds around here - HA!!

But I'm back on track now - I don't know about the weight - no scales - and that's okay. I'm more interested in losing dress sizes and feeling healthier. I pray I can have a much better report this Friday!

julieofarc
08-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Welcome Laura, Kathy & Louella! Glad you're here!

Kathy- I'm with you on the weighing around the TOM! I'm there right now too, and surprisingly enough I've stayed constant. (I'm almost hoping that means I've lost more than was previously showing.... but not gonna sweat it either way.) I wonder if making sure I'm regularly drinking water and not eating much sodium rich junk is making that difference? Time will tell. I'm actually tracking my weight multiple times a week because I want to understand water weight fluctuations and how that relates to my cycle, etc. As if I don't have anything better to do.... LOL

Laura- If'n you don't mind hangin' out w/us old folks, we surely don't mind hangin' out w/you! LOL How tall are you? Just curious about your final weight goal.

Sherri- you might hop in here, being the resident young'n besides Laura, and say hey to her.

Louella- being at home is awesome. Not sure about lowering the stress level, maybe it will just change the kind of stress. So glad you'll be able to be w/your littles all day!

My brag for today is that my dh came to the Y and we worked out together. Did a 30 min piece on the erg, and then leg weights (hey Missy- it's Monday, I had to pick something easy today!!!! :) missed ya, though ). I think once we get a little more in the swing of things that doing this together will work well. He's never been very active, so it's a strange thing to see him doing this- I'm thrilled!

My sag is that my tummy is upset tonight. Don't know what the deal is, but I'd rather not feel like this. Yuck.

ae_chick92
08-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Julie, I am 5'6"... No of course I don't mind hanging w/ older people! Haha! Current weight: 163... Goal weight to reach by Christmas: 120. I hope I make it!

ae_chick92
08-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Guess what! I stepped on the scale this morning and I had lost two pounds since yesterday! YAY! And also, yesterday I only ate 950 calories! I didn't even realize it until I added all my calories together at 11 o'clock at night.... TTYL!
*laura*

janicej
08-09-2005, 12:32 PM
I'd be thrilled to lose 50 pounds by Christmas. I'm older than the rest of you so my metabolism isn't what it used to be, but I'm up for trying. I'm 56 and I don't have all the little ones around to keep me running, but I do get to see my grandkids all 5 of them on a regular basis. They are a handful, but I love seeing them!
I've been working out at the club 3-4 times a week and I do a lot of gardening. I'm trying to do a low carb diet at the present time. Has anyone had any luck with this plan? I think if we hold each other accountable, we will think twice about cheating. What a wonderful Christmas gift to give to our self, fifty pounds of fat gone!! Just think of all the new clothes and what a wonderful way to start the New Year. I'm excited, I just hope I can hang in there.
Janicej

julieofarc
08-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Julie, I am 5'6"... No of course I don't mind hanging w/ older people! Haha! Current weight: 163... Goal weight to reach by Christmas: 120. I hope I make it!

Laura, I'm wondering where you came up with the 120 goal weight. I really think that is too low for your height. Most of the charts I'm seeing show someone your age and height at least 127. Having been a teen not too long ago :lol: :lol: (Hey, I'm only 31!), I know there's lots of pressure to look/be smaller than is healthy. Please be gracious to yourself and pick a goal weight that is reasonable. I'm 5'9", and in high school when I was running cross country and very fit, my lowest ever weight was 139. I hope you'll think about adjusting that goal upwards a bit. And if you do happen to get really fit and lose more, let it be from your fitness level and not from starving yourself, okay? (More on that in a minute!)

Julie

julieofarc
08-09-2005, 01:10 PM
Guess what! I stepped on the scale this morning and I had lost two pounds since yesterday! YAY! And also, yesterday I only ate 950 calories! I didn't even realize it until I added all my calories together at 11 o'clock at night.... TTYL!
*laura*
You really, really, really need to be making sure you are eating more than that, Laura! Starving yourself will do you no good whatsoever- it actually puts your body in starvation mode and you'll use every single calorie much more efficiently, thus making it harder to lose weight.

And although we may lose quite a bit at the beginning of a diet because our body is balancing out water levels, we shouldn't lose much more than 2 lbs. per week and be safe. Personally, I want to be losing fat pounds, not water or muscle/bone mass pounds. The more muscle, the higher your metabolism, the more fat you can be burning.

We want to hear the you're eating at least 1200 cal. per day, Laura. No one should be eating so little, and especially not someone your age. You need to feed your brain and body so you can be smart and healthy, not just skinny.

Okay, I'll get off my mommy lecture now! :soap: (See what you get when you hang out with us old folks! ;)

Just wanting the best for you, dear girl! :grouphug: And starvin' ain't it!

julieofarc
08-09-2005, 01:16 PM
I'd be thrilled to lose 50 pounds by Christmas. I'm older than the rest of you so my metabolism isn't what it used to be, but I'm up for trying. I'm 56 and I don't have all the little ones around to keep me running, but I do get to see my grandkids all 5 of them on a regular basis. They are a handful, but I love seeing them!
Janicej

Hey Janice! Glad to have a resident Titus woman here! All of us need some older ladies to help us stay sane! We're glad you're here to fill that spot. You sound like you're about my mom's age, and she's struggling with that metabolism thing too (I have no such excuse!).

Whoops, gotta run- my littles are helping themselves to peanut butter crackers! And I smell a fragrant diaper on the youngest one!

ae_chick92
08-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Laura, I'm wondering where you came up with the 120 goal weight. I really think that is too low for your height. Most of the charts I'm seeing show someone your age and height at least 127. Having been a teen not too long ago :lol: :lol: (Hey, I'm only 31!), I know there's lots of pressure to look/be smaller than is healthy. Please be gracious to yourself and pick a goal weight that is reasonable. I'm 5'9", and in high school when I was running cross country and very fit, my lowest ever weight was 139. I hope you'll think about adjusting that goal upwards a bit. And if you do happen to get really fit and lose more, let it be from your fitness level and not from starving yourself, okay? (More on that in a minute!)

Julie

Well, I went to this website: http://inch-aweigh.com/bmi.htm And kept typing in different numbers to see what was right for my height, and I came up w/ 120. Sooo I dunno....

ae_chick92
08-09-2005, 01:48 PM
You really, really, really need to be making sure you are eating more than that, Laura! Starving yourself will do you no good whatsoever- it actually puts your body in starvation mode and you'll use every single calorie much more efficiently, thus making it harder to lose weight.

And although we may lose quite a bit at the beginning of a diet because our body is balancing out water levels, we shouldn't lose much more than 2 lbs. per week and be safe. Personally, I want to be losing fat pounds, not water or muscle/bone mass pounds. The more muscle, the higher your metabolism, the more fat you can be burning.

We want to hear the you're eating at least 1200 cal. per day, Laura. No one should be eating so little, and especially not someone your age. You need to feed your brain and body so you can be smart and healthy, not just skinny.

Okay, I'll get off my mommy lecture now! :soap: (See what you get when you hang out with us old folks! ;)

H/O I totally worded it wrong... I went to this website: http://inch-aweigh.com/dcn.php and it said to eat 1500 calories a day... that is what I have been doing, I just ACCIDENTALLY ate too little yesterday... I didn't feel good yesterday also. I wasn't trying to starve myself or anything, I promise!! I would never resort to starving myself, no matter HOW much weight I gained.

julieofarc
08-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Whew! Thanks, Laura! I was beginning to wonder.... :) Glad you've got your head on straight, and thanks for taking my commentary in stride! Hugs to ya!

ae_chick92
08-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Haha. Thanks for the concern.

WWnewbieNY
08-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone. Is there room for one more? ;) I am 25 and my daughter is 2. I just joined Weight Watchers 3 weeks ago, but am thinking of following the program at home. This forum is much more helpful than the meetings, that's for sure. :D I would love to lose 50 lb.s by Christmas, so count me in. My biggest weakness: eating the last few bites of food my daughter refuses to eat of her food, any suggestions? :^:

Sofi

txmom2ty
08-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Hey guys, it sounds like everyone is on the right track...That's GREAT!!! I just wanted to say a quick hello. My brag for the weekend is that I didn't gain back any of the weight that I had lost during the week. My sag is that I didn't work out but two days. Oh well, I will do better this week. I have to say that knowing that I am being held accountable for my progress has helped me tremendously. I'm not only eating better, but I'm actually liking what I'm eating. I also drink about 120 ounces of water a day, but that is not much different than what I have done in the past. Well, I had better run for now.
P.S.-WWnewbieNY- every time you sit down to feed your daughter, drink a glass of water and you will feel so full that you won't want to eat her food!! :)

ae_chick92
08-09-2005, 11:38 PM
WHOA 120 ounces????? I wish I could do that!!!! WOWWWWWW! Congrats on not gaining back weight!

txmom23
08-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey everyone!!! :wave: Stephanie, Kathy, Louella, Laura, & Janice (If there is someone I missed SORRY). Glad to see new folks! HELLO to you all!

Janice, I agree w/ Julie. Nice to have a wiser soul among us! It's GREAT to hear that you work out regularly. I'm starting to do the same. Keeping 5 grandkids on a regular basis is already quite a workout!! :dizzy: I also LOVE gardening!! Flowers or veggies?

Lori, glad to hear you are doing better! Sick kids and crazy schedules are usually what knock me off the wagon! (I don't fall off, it's more like a shove!)

Julie, HAHAHA on the leg weight thing! (I used to DREAD leg day when Julie & I used to work out in college!) I did Johnny's (dh) leg workout designed for me and I was sore for 3 days!! Ask Sherri how she's feeling, she did it last night!!! :wl: Stairs aren't so easy after that!

To those of you headed back to school this semester, GOOD LUCK!
Don't know about ya'll, but at least my kids start a couple of weeks before I do. At least I get to ease into things. Looking forward to working my new fitness/eating goals into the mix!

And yes...Sherri does drink 120 oz. of water in a day. She was at my house this weekend and I thought I was gonna float away just watching her!!! :rain:

Just wanted to drop in and say hello
Take Care!
Missy

janicej
08-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome Missy. Glad to hear you enjoy gardening also. I grow all kinds of flowers,lots of fruits and berries and a few vegetables. Right now all my blueberries and blackberries are getting ripe. We just finished up the last of the raspberries and boysenberries. It's fun to be able to see how excited the grandkids get when they find that perfect strawberry or how upset they get when they come running to tell me the deer are in my garden ! Hope everyone is sticking to their weight plan. Remember to drink your water! It really does help to flush your system out and it's great for the skin.
Have a great day,
Janicej

AmySue
08-10-2005, 10:22 AM

Also to add a little to that my sister is a dietitian and she says that you should only weigh in once a week. The reason for this is that your weight goes up and down during the week and may differ from day to day. Only weighing once a week will allow you to see the difference but not make you depressed. She said that you can even weigh more during the week than you weighed last week. Now to me that would be extremely discouraging. Also with the eating please please eat more than what you are or have been. Also she says that a healthy rate is 2 lbs a week and by healthy she means losing it and keeping it off. So keep that in mind everyone!! I want everyone to be healthy and happy!! So no crash dieting here!!!!!!

AmySue
08-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey Everyone!! :wave:

My sag for the weekend and current as of now is: I subscribed to this thread so that if someone typed in something new I would know right away and read it and make any comments. Well I haven't heard anything in awhile so I thought that I would come on over an see if anyone was posting ANYTHING at all. Much to my surprise sure enough there was like 3 pages that I hadn't even read yet. I don't know whats going on but :mad:

My brag is: I have been exercising more than what I ever thought I would. I spend about 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening on the treadmill. Yesturday I got some weird spurt of energy and instead of walking on the treadmill.... I jogged!!! :yikes:

I am trying to keep up on my fluids, but I am having an extremely hard time doing so. Watching what I eat is nothing!!! I am keeping track of my fat grams. I eat anywhere from 30 to 40 a day!! But for some reason I can't make myself drink that much water. HELP!!!!! Any ideas???????/

txmom23
08-10-2005, 11:02 AM
AmySue,
I HATE drinking water!!! The only way I can make myself drink it is to add a little lemon juice. Don't know it will help you, but it works for me
Missy

AmySue
08-10-2005, 11:20 AM
AmySue,
I HATE drinking water!!! The only way I can make myself drink it is to add a little lemon juice. Don't know it will help you, but it works for me
Missy

Hmm... I will have to try that! Today I tried adding a splash of tea to it and so far it doesn't taste like water just extremely weak tea. :D

MommaB3
08-10-2005, 03:35 PM
It always cracks me up (in a sarcastic way) when healthy, thin people try to help out an overweight person with information.

If it was by information only that helped one lose weight, we would all be supermodels!! Every overweight person I know is VERY knowledgable about food and calories and latest food information and exercise and why to drink TONS of water, etc.etc.etc.etc.etc....

It takes more than knowledge. Commitment, support, prayer, determination, stubborn will, and more prayer. What else am I missing??

ae_chick92
08-10-2005, 04:22 PM
AmySue,
Try drinking Propel or Fruit-2-0 (flavored waters). They taste a lot better than plain water! Especially if you stick them in the fridge for a little while before you drink them. Yum!

ae_chick92
08-10-2005, 04:23 PM
MommaB3,
I know something! It takes TIME!

AmySue
08-10-2005, 04:43 PM
AmySue,
Try drinking Propel or Fruit-2-0 (flavored waters). They taste a lot better than plain water! Especially if you stick them in the fridge for a little while before you drink them. Yum!

I have heard of those but thought that they were like carbonated, are they?? Otherwise it might be worthwile for me to try. Thanks for the suggestions!!! :D

txmom2ty
08-10-2005, 07:14 PM
The easiest way that I have found to drink water is to fill up 3 or 4 24 oz. bottles and keep them in the fridge at all times. For me it is much easier to drink plenty of water if you can actually see how much you have drank during the day instead of just refilling a glass here and there. Cold water is much easier for me to drink. Water that is room temp. makes me sick to my stomach.

ae_chick92
08-10-2005, 10:19 PM
I have heard of those but thought that they were like carbonated, are they?? Otherwise it might be worthwile for me to try. Thanks for the suggestions!!! :D

No, they aren't carbonated...well I'm not sure about Fruit-2-0 but I am POSITIVE that Propel isn't. One of my friends loves Fruit-2-0 but I've never tried it. But I love Propel...

AliLewis328
08-10-2005, 10:42 PM
I would love to lose 50 pounds by Christmas! I am on day 4 of my diet, back on the wagon I guess I should say!

twickline
08-11-2005, 12:36 AM
I just registered for this site this evening and was looking around and stumbled onto this group. I have read all the posts and am very excited about all the help and support given. I would love to lose 50 by Christmas.

I am a SAHM of two. DD-9, DS-7. I have started WW online and have lost three pounds the first week. I am excited about that and really hope it continues. I am doing really well on my points right now because it is new but I get board and lazy about things really fast. Currently, I weigh in for WW on Monday mornings so it will be really interesting to see how much the weekend really does effect my weight.

My SAG is that it is my TOM and I want food!!!! For now, I am keeping my self redirected by doing extra cleaning and stuff, but I KNOW this will not work for next month when this whole point thing isn't so new. I need a strategy...a plan of action. Any ideas?

Well all for now, I am so thinkful to have a place like this to vent, share, care and encourage. Thanks.

mommapossum
08-11-2005, 06:13 AM
Hi! My name is Lori. I am 32, married to Jim for 9 years now ( yesterday was our wedding anniversary) and we have 3 daughters Emily who is 6 1/2, Madelyn 2 1/2, & Abigail who will be 1 on Sept 27th. I started weight watchers about 2 weeks ago & I have lost 5lbs from my starting weight. I cannot attend the meetings since I cannot pay the 10.95 a week. To me that is way too much especially since I am a stay at home mom. I am planning on joining TOPS just for the support. I know it is $20 to join for the year then a weekly due of a dollar or two. I think that 50lbs by Christmas is a great goal & i know that we call can do it. Right now I am having some difficulty with getting in my water ( my goal is 120 oz) and some major problems getting exercise. Any suggestion in those areas would be great.
Gotta go the baby is waking up!!
Great to meet you all!!
Lori ;)

twickline
08-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi mommapossum, I noticed that you are from Iowa. I am from IL originally and lived my whole life in the Quad Cities. Have you heard of it? We only moved to Cali 1 1/2 years ago. DH got a job promotion which moved us here and we found a great small town that reminds me of Geneseo. Heard of it? It is a small town not far from the QCA. All my family and close friends still live in the QCA and we get back to visit twice a year.

Well, it was good to meet you.

janicej
08-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi,
For all those gals who are having a hard time drinking enough water, I have found a great way to drink lots of water. I started buying Diet V8 Splash Tropical Blend. It's 3 grams of carbs and 10 calories for an 8 ounce sevring. I take a large glass fill it 3/4 full of water and add about 2-3 ounces of this juice to it. It taste great and it's only about 3-4 calories a glass. Another thing I do when it's hot and I want something refreshing is to blend ice,water,and the v8 tropical blend juice plus a slice of cantalope in my blender. It makes a wonderful frozen fruit drink. Make sure you get the bottle labeled diet .They also sell a low cal drink that has way more calories than the diet drink I accidently bought it once. It's flavor wasn't as good as the diet drink.
Hope this helps,
Janice j

AmySue
08-11-2005, 02:17 PM
I just registered for this site this evening and was looking around and stumbled onto this group. I have read all the posts and am very excited about all the help and support given. I would love to lose 50 by Christmas.

I am a SAHM of two. DD-9, DS-7. I have started WW online and have lost three pounds the first week. I am excited about that and really hope it continues. I am doing really well on my points right now because it is new but I get board and lazy about things really fast. Currently, I weigh in for WW on Monday mornings so it will be really interesting to see how much the weekend really does effect my weight.

My SAG is that it is my TOM and I want food!!!! For now, I am keeping my self redirected by doing extra cleaning and stuff, but I KNOW this will not work for next month when this whole point thing isn't so new. I need a strategy...a plan of action. Any ideas?

Well all for now, I am so thinkful to have a place like this to vent, share, care and encourage. Thanks.

Welcome to our group!!

I have done WW in the past and trust me when I tell you that it does get easier. At first I felt like I never had enough to eat but soon you will feel that you are eating ALL the time. You start to see what foods are good and not so good for you the more good that you eat the more you get to eat! IT WILL GET BETTER!!! Hang on you will love the out come!!

AmySue
08-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi! My name is Lori. I am 32, married to Jim for 9 years now ( yesterday was our wedding anniversary) and we have 3 daughters Emily who is 6 1/2, Madelyn 2 1/2, & Abigail who will be 1 on Sept 27th. I started weight watchers about 2 weeks ago & I have lost 5lbs from my starting weight. I cannot attend the meetings since I cannot pay the 10.95 a week. To me that is way too much especially since I am a stay at home mom. I am planning on joining TOPS just for the support. I know it is $20 to join for the year then a weekly due of a dollar or two. I think that 50lbs by Christmas is a great goal & i know that we call can do it. Right now I am having some difficulty with getting in my water ( my goal is 120 oz) and some major problems getting exercise. Any suggestion in those areas would be great.
Gotta go the baby is waking up!!
Great to meet you all!!
Lori ;)

Welcome to our group Lori!!!

I am not one to get suggestions from when it comes to drinking water. I have trouble drinking my 64 oz a day!! :lol: stick around though I am sure someone will pop up with suggestions. I got suggestions like propel and fruit 2 0. I haven't tried them yet, but might be worth it!!!

Sveva
08-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Hi. I am new here. This is my first post. I would like to lose 50 pounds by Christmas, but that is a lot of weight in that amount of time (isn't the standard 8-10 pounds a month?) However, I have 64 pounds left to lose to reach my goal weight and my original Goal Month was May/06. But MAN would I love to wear the dress I was wearing the night I met DH! It is 2-3 sizes away.
I hope that you are successful in reacing your goal! And I agree, the fees for some of these weight loss groups is quite steep. I do not attend anything like that. I am trying to get a support group started in my community just for the support aspect and accountability.
I am thinking of coming up with a Code Word for "water" wherein every time I hear that word I drink a glass full. I do not want something that I hear constantly (ie: Mama...), nor do I want something that I hear infrequently (ie: sexy...). What do you think? Should we have a "Water Fight"?

julieofarc
08-11-2005, 05:52 PM
You gals have been busy! And Amy, my email subscription quit working as well- I just thought it was odd no one had posted and so I checked back. Hopefully that little e-mail blip is over!

Welcome to the new folks! And yes, to whoever mentioned it, this thread was started several weeks ago, when we were looking at 10 # per month to reach 50 by Christmas. Obviously for those starting later the loss will be less to be safe. We talked about this earlier in this thread, if you want to go back and reread it.

As far as water goes, sometimes the delivery method helps. I can easily chug water from a sports bottle. My mother has to drink hers from a straw. So you might play around with that kind of thing to see if there is a way you don't notice the water so much. I do think that Americans have a major 'drinking problem'- meaning we use anything and everything *but* water. Sometimes going cold turkey on the tea/pop/etc. stuff will help you learn to actually get thirsty for water. (Ah, novel concept, I know!) I agree with Sherri about water temp. If I've been exercising, I want it room temp or barely cool, but during the rest of the day I want it cold!

TTFN

AliLewis328
08-11-2005, 06:31 PM
I posted last night to join this challenge but I didn't say anything about myself. My name is Alison and I am a single mom to Hunter (who is 5 and starts Kindergarten next Tuesday) and Chloe my 2 year old little girl.

For the first time in my dieting life I am looking at this as a lifestyle change and not just to get down to a certain weight. For now I am saying that 180 is my goal weight, however honestly I am not really sure. I was at 238 last Saturday and my first weigh in is this saturday, unless I buy a new scale! I really think at some point in my weight loss (after I get below 200) that it is more of a size thing than a weight thing.

txmom23
08-12-2005, 09:01 AM
Hello All,

Welcome AliLewis and Sveva! Glad you are looking to have a healthy lifestyle.
For those that didn't read the earlier threads, 2 things we do here!: Brag and sag (great things, and not so great things!) and Friday weigh-ins!

Brags for today: I drank all 64 oz of my water yesterday, and despite that, my weigh in is down 2 lbs this morning! :cp: Sag is that the scale I was using was apparently off and my starting weight is actually 175! That's 7 lbs. more than I thought I weighed, so it's a bummer. :( My official weigh-in for today is 172, so I'm down 3 lbs. in 2 weeks.

I've kept my strenght training up, except for yesterday. I didn't have a major muscle group that wasn't sore. :wl: Looking forward to when I've been doing it long enough I don't get sore anymore!!

Someone asked for suggestions on what to do that TOM when all you want to do is eat. I learned after having kids that I do the same and I found a solution that works for me. It's called LOT OF CHEWING GUM!!!! It satisfies whatever need there is for me to pig out!!!!!

OK girls, I need to run! NOW IT'S YOUR TURN TO WEIGH IN!!!!
Have a healthy weekend and keep up the good work!!!!!!
Missy

AmySue
08-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Woohooo!!!! I just weighed in!!! Last week I weighed 268 and today I weighed........................drumrolll please.......................265!!!! Yep that's right I loss 3 more pounds!!!! :dancer:

Congrats Missy on your loss!!!! :D How did everyone else do????

twickline
08-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Good Morning All,

Well, weigh in time... down 2 lbs. to 175. I have my ww weigh in on Monday so hopefully I will have another pound or so if I stay the course. Right now I have good incentive to do well this weekend since I don't want to weigh in on Monday and gave gained back the 2 lbs.

BRAG-- I have been doing better with my cravings. For now, when I get a graving for something I grab a big glass of water and chug as much as I can as fast as I can. I don't mind the taste of water or the lack there of so water isn't a problem for me.

SAG-- Exercise!

Keep up the great work everyone. Congrats! to everyone, just by trying we are succeeding!

tamemejamie1977
08-12-2005, 10:20 AM
weigh in..same as last week Dr increased meds and added another. He also made me switch diets from Adkin's to ww. I am just glad I did not gain any!

AliLewis328
08-12-2005, 10:43 AM
For Friday weigh in-well, I will weigh at my mom's tomorrow, hopefully by next week I will have a new scale, my current one got a little water logged by my 2 year old trying to give it a bath!

Brag: For my first week I am feeling great. I am actually going to bed early (instead of 3am) and waking up with energy for the day! I really think a lot of this is due to me not having food to keep me awake at night, no late night snacks, just a later evening dinner and I am good! I have drank at least 100 oz of water a day this week... very proud :)

Sag: I took my pictures for "starting diet" this week... ugh! Not a pretty site, hopefully next months pictures are better. No exercise this week, however I do pick up my gazzel tomorrow!!

julieofarc
08-12-2005, 04:43 PM
You ladies are doing well!

My weigh-in: 202. Same as last week. 0 lb. loss. We shall see what next week brings! I think given the exercise I'm doing that it's impossible for me NOT to lose, so I'm assuming it's replacing muscle with fat. At this rate it'll be April before I hit 150. <sigh> I won't even bore you with my clothes shopping expedition (you know, one store you wear a 16, the next a 20, the next a 22 and another an 18- very depressing and insane!).

Brag: Have new rowing workout schedule planned.

Sag: Mountains of laundry to do! (Can I just count that as exercise? Down two flights of stairs with dirty laundry, up two flights with the clean laundry!)

txmom2ty
08-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey ladies, it sounds like everyone is doing a great job and off to a better start. I have not been a lucky as the rest of you. I have lost a total of 6 ozs. I have been eating great except for the mini size chocolate bar I had at lunch today and we all know that I drink a ton of water but I didn't loose as much as I was hoping for. I was feeling pretty dicouraged after I weighed my self this morning, but maybe this coming week will be better. The only thing that I can contribute the lack of weight lose to is the fact that I had been lifting weights like a mad women. There is not single part of my body that doesn't hurt when I move. Even though I haven't lost much I can tell that I have lost inches by the way that my clothes are fitting. Well I had better run.(literally) I will talk to everyone later.

bloomedbud
08-12-2005, 09:49 PM
hello all just signed up here - been doing core for about a month and only 8.4 down = i am happy with the loss just not excited - thought i would do better - any helpful hints would be appreciated - good luck to you all

ae_chick92
08-12-2005, 10:12 PM
You're only supposed to lose 1-2 pounds a week so that is great! Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!

ae_chick92
08-12-2005, 10:15 PM
I am proud to say I drank 72 ounces of water today. This is the first time I have drank the amount of water I need to- and more- since I started my diet....Yay!!

ae_chick92
08-13-2005, 02:49 PM
My weigh-in today: 166.5. I dunno what the heck is going on because I was 160 a few days ago. Ugh I hate the scale!

julieofarc
08-13-2005, 04:27 PM
My weigh-in today: 166.5. I dunno what the heck is going on because I was 160 a few days ago. Ugh I hate the scale!

That can really easily be water weight. Until you're drinking water regularly and keeping yourself hydrated, you could easily 'soak up' and hold 3 or 4 pounds of water. (4 lbs. of water is a half-gallon.) Keep up on the water so your body has a chance to level out- then I think you'll see your scale level out as well (at least that has been my experience).

I know the pinging around is frustrating! Don't get downhearted about it! Chin-up and all that. If you're eating well, exercising, drinking water and treating your body right you will lose weight in time. (Just maybe not as fast as you'd like to!)

ae_chick92
08-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I really hope it's just water weight!!

AliLewis328
08-13-2005, 10:45 PM
I weighed today and was very swollen from the heat, but regardless, I am down 6 pounds this week!!

I am also starting the gazelle for exercise this week!

AmySue
08-14-2005, 11:16 PM
WOOOHOOOO.....Hubby finally joined in on the weighloss wagon!!!! ;)

Of course he went fighting and screaming...:blah:...and a few bites in between!!!! :rofl:

Doubt that he will want to loose 50 by Christmas.....he actually doesn't have that much to loose...... :mad: men and their metabolism :tape: don't get me started!!!! :lol:

If its okay with everyone, I know that he isn't a mommy but can I post Daddy's weight on Fri. as well?????

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!!

ZacksMom
08-15-2005, 11:15 AM
hi all,

i'm new to this site. I have a 7 month old son (just turned 7 months today) so i want desperatly to loose weight before the holidays. so i figure i join in on this with you all.
how do you get the weight goal things? thanks all.

bigbootie
08-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Good Morning Everyone-
Sorry about not posting on Friday but I have been so busy. I lost another 1 lb. It's not much but it is better than nothing. I am hoping this week will be a little better not that I have started to do more excersing. I did TA-BOE last night and I am feeling it today. I hope everyone has a good week. Talk to you all soon!!!

ZacksMom
08-15-2005, 12:19 PM
well i figured how to personlize my signature. can't post any weight loss since i just started. and my DH is helping me out and going to loose a few pounds himself. he gained a few during my pregancy.

txmom23
08-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd check in and see how everyone was doing. I also needed encouragement to stay on track (this is where the accountability is helpful :lol: ). Kids started school this week so I'm trying not to slip back into old habits.

Brag is that I'm doing much better at reading labels and paying attention to calorie content. I'm also doing much better on my water. I'm now realizing how THIRSTY I actually get when I don't drink it. Sag is that meals are becoming a problem. Hubby is fit and VERY active and needs 3800 calories :hungry: I, on the other hand, don't need nearly that much. I'm having trouble coming up w/ meals to fit both our needs. Any thoughts? Salad w/ extra protein and veggies is getting old (according to him!!) HELP!!!

AmySue, I think it's WONDERFUL your hubby is on board! If you can get him to weigh in on Fri's, I think it would be great. I really think the "healthy" movement works much better as a family!!!

Missy

twickline
08-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi everyone. I know what you are going through txmedcalf. My husband is the same way. This is what I did last night for him and the kids. I made them Sloppy Joes and I knew that was way out of the question for me so after I browned the lean ground beef, I removed 3 oz. for me and then made the rest of the receipe for them. I in turn then made my salad adding in the removed ground beef. It worked great and I didn't feel like I was making two different meals. The onions and green pepper had to go into both meals anyway and while everything was simmering, I finished my salad with romaine lettuce, tomato, little cheese, cucumbers, broccoli and fat-free dressing. As it turned out, my husband and daughter thought the salad looked really good and wanted some for themselves and I didn't feel like I was missing out. My HUGE salad was only 8 ww points and dh and kids got to have their fun dinner.

AmySue
08-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Good Friday Morning Weigh In to all of our Losers!!!! :D

Weigh in for me: I LOST ANOTHER 3 lbs!!!!! :cb:

Brag: My business is taking off more than what I could have imagined it too. Just yesturday my sales totaled $70 and I even ran out of my car air fresheners!!! Not a good thing but that means that I am getting my name out there!

Sag: I did excerise at all this past week because I was extremely busy. School started here again so with a 2 yr old who normally goes with daddy out to the farm since daddy went back to school, means mommy has less time for exercise. :( But on more of the Brag side I still lost 3 lbs!!!!!! :D

How is everyone else doing???

twickline
08-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Good Morning everyone. TGIF

I lost 5 pounds this week. 170! WOOO HOOO :cb:

Brag: I started babysitting this week and it really helps me keep moving and staying off the couch. I am a true couch potato. I have to walk 3 blocks, 4 times a day, every day to take the kids to school at different times. I also got my first paycheck! :cloud9:

Sag: WW bumped me down 2 pts. :yikes:

Gool Luck to everyone and Happy Friday. :goodluck:

txmom23
08-19-2005, 05:09 PM
AmySue.....way to go!!!

Michelle, nice to have you. Here we do a weekly weigh in, on Fridays. Other than that, post whatever and whenever you feel you need to!!!

My weigh in for this week is the same as last week, I'm at 172. I'm approaching that TOM and I've been gaining muscle w/ the strength training. Hopefully I'll be down a little next week! Even if I'm not, I'm definitely seeing a difference in my overall shape and tone!

Ok, I've got the kids home from school, so I'd better run!!!! Hope to see more weigh-ins!!

Missy

twickline
08-19-2005, 06:54 PM
I am trying to find out when the best time for me to weigh myself is. I have always heard that the morning is the best time and that is when I have always weighed myself. I got a new scale and even checked it with a new 5 lb. bag of sugar. It seemed fine. Well, anyway, I got up this morning (7am) recorded my weight at 171.4. I then weighed myself again at 10am and it read 170.6. I really didn't think much of it since I know that your weight can change at any given time on any given day. Then, here is the bizarre part, just out of curiosity I got on the scale again (3:30pm) and it said 165.6! I even did it 2 more times with my DH as a witness. DH even got on and weighed himself and it was what it normally is. I have never, ever, experienced anything like this during my previous dieting, including WW. The only thing that I can think of is that I am getting over that TOM and it could be all water. But, 5 pounds worth? If it is water, how can I keep it off? What should I do? Has anyone else ever experienced this?

T

AliLewis328
08-19-2005, 11:02 PM
SATURDAY WEIGH IN: I am so happy to say I went from 232 to 223 this week!!! I am so elated!!!

Brags: I did my gazelle every day for the last 7 days at least 30 minutes a day which is about 2 miles. I stay steady at 4 miles and hour. Today I even did 2 different 15 minute times and then my normal evening 30 minutes and at 4.8 MPH I was impressed! I did pretty good with water and food this week, but this leads to my sag: I gave in and had Taco Bell this week, not once, but twice. I did stay within limits and pushed portion control and didn't eat 3 tacos and a burrito like normal, just one taco and one burrito and no soda!!! Another sag, my baby started Kindergarten this week. I didn't know it was going to be so hard on me. I did great and was so excited for him and as soon as he got on that bus and it pulled away the tears flew out! I didn't even see them coming!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/alilewis328/FirstDa2.jpg
I can only imagine how I will be when my 2 yr old goes to K in 3 years, she is really my baby!

ae_chick92
08-20-2005, 12:05 PM
Saturday Weigh-in: 164! Yay! I was 166 last Saturday!

AmySue
08-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Saturday Weigh-in: 164! Yay! I was 166 last Saturday!

Congratulations!!!! ;)

julieofarc
08-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Sorry I'm late checking in, gals! We went out of town to Frisco, CO (near Brekenridge) this weekend so I could take sculling lessons. It was memorable! The first day was great, the second day I took an unexpected 'swim' in Dillon Res. (it was *cold*!) Tipping the boat wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it would be, but my underarm is all bruised from maneuvering to get back into the boat! Brrrr!

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. I am down 1 # this week. Gettin' close to breakin' that 200 barrier!

AmySue
08-22-2005, 12:34 PM
Sorry I'm late checking in, gals! We went out of town to Frisco, CO (near Brekenridge) this weekend so I could take sculling lessons. It was memorable! The first day was great, the second day I took an unexpected 'swim' in Dillon Res. (it was *cold*!) Tipping the boat wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought it would be, but my underarm is all bruised from maneuvering to get back into the boat! Brrrr!

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand. I am down 1 # this week. Gettin' close to breakin' that 200 barrier!

Congratulations Julie!!!! Keep up the great work!!! :D

txmom23
08-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Hey girls,

Just reporting my weekly check in! I'm at 168.8!!!!!! That's a total of 7lbs. lost so far for me. Glad to see after my 2 level weeks, I'm down a little :cb: I've been doing fairly well, and REALLY learning a lot about nutrition and calorie needs, etc. I've enjoyed it, but I start classes at Texas A&M next week, so I'm hoping I can keep steady. Don't want to ruin what I've started!

My brag is I'm fairly consistently losing 1-2 lbs/wk. My sag would be that my schedule is about to get CRAZY!!!! I've also got LOTS of b-days for Aug & Sept. and going to have to really watch myself at all the parties! :woo: (Between family and friends I think we've got 8 at last count!!! That's 2 per weekend!!!) Plus Johnny and I will be celebrating our 10 YEAR anniversary! :hat:

Anyway, hope to hear from the rest of you on how your doing!!!!

Have a good one!
Missy

AmySue
08-26-2005, 09:44 AM
Good Job Missy!!!

As for me, even after all my mistakes this week, I still am down 1 lb. That is a total of 12 lbs altogeter!! :cb:

Getting back on track this week!!

Oh yeah my hubby finally lost 1 lb. He was a little upset that it wasn't more, but it will get better!!

How did everyone else do???!!!!???

twickline
08-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Good for you AmySue and Missy.

Well my check in for this week is good. I am down 1.8 lbs. and finally broke 170. My brag this week is that I have been doing really well with my points and eating right. My sag is that I started babysitting for a friend who went back to work so I haven't been able to exercise. However, I feel like I have by the end of the day though with having a 3yr old and a 5 yr old. :lol: Mine haven't been that young for quite a while. After school is so crazy, I then have 3, 5, 7 & 9. I do enjoy it but I'm sure not used to it.

I hope this e-mail finds everyone well and good luck next week to all.

Teresa

icmethinner
08-26-2005, 10:26 AM
I am a mommy to two children ages 8 & 5. My 5 year old will start kindergarten next Tuesday. I am also usually the neighborhood baby-sitter and my house is generally the kid hang-out. (you can imagine the crumbs and fingerprints!!)

I have already lost 5 pounds, and my goal was already to lose 50 pounds by Christmas!!

Can I please be in on this with you all??

Lesley :^:

julieofarc
08-26-2005, 11:42 AM
Hey Lesley! Of course you can join in! Glad to have you!

Great job on losses everyone!

I joined WW last night, so I am changing my current weight to fit their scales w/ clothes on. So, I'm at 202. (I'm was 201.5 last week, so it's not too big of a change.) I'm looking forward to using their Core plan- I think it's something I can really keep track of. I'll count a 'gain' of 1/2 pound :( to get everything synched up. ;)

My brag is that I got to go row on the water this morning in an 8. Oh, and I survived my first day at college on Wed.

My sag is that, regardless of what scale I am using, I am not losing very quickly. At the WW meeting they did talk some about making sure you are eating enough otherwise you won't lose either. As much as I am exercising, that may be part of my problem. I'll be interested to see if I lose consistently with WW.

How's everyone else doing?

jodilynn
08-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Is there room for 1 more? I'm a stay at home mom to a 9 yr boy & a 5 yo girl. I'm doing WW officially because it works for me, but I'd still like to have online friends to chat with and hang out with for daily support. I'm new to where we live and don't have a tremendous amount of friends.

MelodyAM75
08-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Hi. I would like to join the 50 pounds by Christmas challenge. I need to lose more like 130, but 50 pounds would be a good start.

I am a mother of a 3 year old (soon to 4 in December). I am married (5 years in December) and I am an K & 1st Grade Special Edcuation teacher. I am also a graduate student. I am going to try Weight Watchers again and make sure to journal. I know that as soon as I stop writing down what I eat, that is when I start gaining again. Accountability goes a long way to keep one on track.

Well, I hope to get to know all of you.

Melody

jodilynn
08-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Melody,
I so agree with you about journaling. I've done this before and just joined again and am finding it IMPOSSIBLE to journal every day. Not quite sure how to fix it, but am open to suggestions.

Joanna

3prettygirls
08-28-2005, 11:47 AM
Hey everybody! I'm Tori and a sahm to 3 under 3. I am excited to see a group forming that all have the same issues and interests. I am working on the first 50lbs too. I weigh currently 236 yikes! I am trying to lose the weight by walking 2 miles everyday and eating sensibly! I would love Firday weigh ins. Um I don't own a scale what do ya'll recommend? Anyway I hope to get to know all of you!

mommy9802
08-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Hi Everyone!

My name is Alisha and i am a mother of 2 beautiful children, there ages are 3 and 6! I am 22 years old who has battled with depression for the last 21/2 years. And somewhere in all that i really lost track of myself and gained ALOT of weight! And i want to change that TODAY! I need the help and support of people who are like me and want the same things i do. I am planning on starting the Atkins Diet tomorrow (Monday August 29th) I would LOVE to loose 50 pounds by Christmas! I am ready to start doing something for me for a change! Because i need to, i want to see my kids grow up. I want to beable to do normal activities without going out of breath. Can i please join this group! Thanks in advance

Alisha

MelodyAM75
08-29-2005, 08:19 AM
Hi all. I hope you all are having a nice weekend. I am in the path of hurricane Katrina so I may lose power soon and not be online for a while.

Melody

drysdale
08-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Hi Gals,

I'm new to this site however would like to be part of "losing 50 by Christmas group" if you'd let me! I'm getting married Dec 28th, no kids, work from home, and would love to be part of a support group like this. I have between 45-50 pounds to lose so this seems right up my alley.

I like the idea of Friday weigh ins! The idea of being accountable to a group like this will really help me with my motivation.

Melody, good luck with the hurricane. I live in New Brunswick, Canada, and have been watching the CBC for updates.

Best of luck to all in the weight loss journey and I look forward to getting to know you all better as time goes on.

Have a great day,
Daphne

julieofarc
08-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Welcome to Melody, Tori, Alisha, and Daphne! (And anyone else I missed!) Glad you gals are here. As a reminder, most of us won't make the 50# by Christmas unless we started earlier- it just ain't healthy to lose so much in such a short period of time. But, please, work you way there ASAP! I have a feeling we'll be continuing here well into 2006, but that's okay.

Melody- let us know how you fare with Katrina, okay?

I'm excited! Tonight the kids and I are going to pick up our new (to us) indoor rowing machine. Yeah! I'm a former collegiate rower, and have recently gotten back on the water. I love rowing, and it does great things for my body! Especially my tummy area. I lose inches like crazy the first couple months back. Anyhow, now I can do my 2x days workouts to be ready to 'race' in February without trekking it to the YMCA twice a day. And I can watch my movies and row. :) Also, a lady I barely know at the Y waved me over this morning and told me that I really looked good, and wondered how many pounds I had lost! That's very encouraging- that someone actually noticed!

mommy9802
08-31-2005, 06:19 PM
Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this group. I will try my hardest to get to or atleast close to 50pounds by christmas. I have already lost 3 pounds and i have only been on diet since Monday! So i am real excited. I can not wait for more!

Alisha

kate7583
08-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi ladies! I love your ideas and your enthusiasm so i wanted to ask... can i join? Im not exactly a sahm... Pretty close though.. I am a full time nanny for 16 month old twins! From an hour after they are up till they go down for the nite im their care so i know exactly what its like to gain from eating what the babies eat! Please let me know because i need the motivation and women who know what its like to fight a fist full of goldfish crackers!

jodilynn
09-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Well ladies...I gained 1.5# this week. ARGH! I'm not too sure what I did wrong or different from the weeks before but it must have been bad. Oh well, I'll try to exercise more this week.

I'm not feeling great, and all I feel like doing is laying on the couch & eat ice cream. What do you all eat when you're feeling under the weather to stay on track?

Joanna

jodilynn
09-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Julie,
Just curious...you live in the foothills of the Rockies, where are you going to row in Feb? I used to live in NW CO and I know up there, all the water is frozen in Feb.

Joanna

txmom23
09-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Hello to all,
Wanted to start off by asking everyone to keep those in the Gulf Coast area lifted up in prayer. Also pray for God's hand to work miracles in the cities where evacuees are being relocated!!

Now for the weekly weigh-in......168.8. I've gained almost a lb this last week, but I'm happy that this is all that I gained. My eating has been ok this last week, but I haven't exercised much. I started back to A&M, have unaccounted for relatives in Gulf Port MS, and hubby had a couple of evening meetings this past week, so I didn't get my exercising in. (Despite this, my new "school jeans" I bought 2 weeks ago were baggy after having them on for a couple hours!!!. Guess I'll need to wash them in hot to shrink them a little, haven't had that problem before!!! :lol:)

I'm still encouraged and have managed to make this a "lifestyle change", as opposed to a short-lived, get skinny scheme. I am realizing I have much more energy than when I started back to school at this time last year. Just getting up and being in class all day for 2 days/wk. WORE ME OUT. Ended up getting sick after the first 2 weeks. This time it's much different. A little tired, but nothing on the scale of last year. If this is the result of losing only 8 lbs, I can't imagine how good I'm going to feel if I get the remaining weight off!!!

Talk to ya'll later, off to stairmaster!
Missy

txmom23
09-02-2005, 09:27 AM
just realized my weight tracker is off, I'll have to get to that later! oops!
Missy

twickline
09-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Good Morning All,

My weekly weigh in for today is okay. I am down 8 ounces. I have really slowed down in my weight loss and am going to have to increase the amount of excercise a little to break through. I can tell that my motivation is decreasing also. My clothes are fitting better and the stinkin' thinkin' is setting in that says "This is good enough".

Hope everyone has a great week.
Teresa

Kellem
09-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey Ladies wait for me, I also have to loose 50lbs, I really don't have a deadline, but I'm thinking maybe by March. I'm 31yo, mother of 2 boys 3 & 15y.o. I think we can do it. So let's get started. Friday's weigh-in day. Good luck to everyone.

Kellem
09-02-2005, 10:43 AM
There's no better feeling, than feeling thin!!!

julieofarc
09-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Kate- welcome! How tall (or short) are you? 103 sounds like an unbelievably low weight unless you're 4' or something like that. (I'm not making short jokes... I'll leave those to my 6'8" hubby!)

Missy- hey, attitude is EVERYTHING! At WW last night the leader made the crack in response to someone saying they had a bad eating day, and then just threw up their hands and ate wacky the rest of the week. She asked if she was one of those people who break a teacup, and then decide to just break the rest of the set because it isn't 'perfect' anymore. I thought that was a good illustration.

Teresa- go, woman, go! You keep it up!

julieofarc
09-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Now for my weigh-in (which is now aligned with the WW scales)..... drumroll, please! :)

I lost 2.8 lbs.! :cb: So, I'm under the 200 threshold, finally! Yippee!

On to next week.....

kate7583
09-02-2005, 06:20 PM
julie,
to answer your post i am 4'11 with a really little frame (much to small for the butt i carry around on top of it) so 103 is acctually in my range for ideal weight. I know what you mean about your husband as my boyfriend is 6'4''! Is friday the official weigh in day for all of us?

mommy9802
09-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Good evening to all! I just wanted to put in my wieght for the week! I have lost 5 pounds so far! I am SOOOOO excited! I can't wait to see more come off! Have a great Weekend everyone!

Alisha

AliLewis328
09-02-2005, 07:17 PM
For 2 weeks now I have no clue if I have lost or gained. It that time of the month for me right now so of course I feel fat! I have kept with my porportional eating and had my pepsi control lol, the water has been slacking, but my decaf tea has been getting a workout in my tea maker everyday! I only got on the gazelle once this week. I have now managed to break my pinky toe on my ottoman walking through the living room last night in the dark, so I don't think I will make my 2 miles today. :( I am hoping to be back on track any day now... could somebody kick me to get me up?!? I think I need to go back to my daily goals again... ugh... it is a roller coaster huh!

AmySue
09-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Oh My... I feel so silly!! I totally spaced weigh in day!! I have so much on my plate right now with getting ready for my next craft show and adding new products to my site since the holiday season is right around the corner. And my dd 2nd birthday is in 30 days!! Busy Busy I tell ya!

So I decided to weigh my self today, Monday, and then will weigh in again on the regular day instead of waiting til Friday!!

Sag: Since I have been so busy and hubby doesn't really like cooking every night, we have eaten out (at not so good places) like five times!! :( I know I know getting way off track!!

Brag: Like I said above I am adding lots of new stuff to my product line for the holiday season. I am so excited because I never thought that I would ever be this big this quick!! I have added tart warmers, tarts, car air fresheners and 5 new fragrances. Now I have 19 yummy fragrance to choose from instead of the 5 that I started with. The new fragrances are: Cucumber, Home Sweet Home, Caramel Nut Cluster, Pumpkin Pie, and Peppermint Cocoa.

Okay now for my weigh in: Not last Friday but the Friday before I weighed in at 261 and now...... I weigh 259. Yep that's another two pounds for me!! Now I probably won't loose that much this Friday but I will sure try. :D

I am glad to see that you all are doing GREAT and that we have added a few newbies..... :wave: Welcome Newbies :wave:

Take care all and I will see you this Friday Morning!!! I promise!!! ;)

Oh yeah and hubby is struggling with this real bad!! He keeps losing a pound then gaining then losing and then gaining. I think that he thinks he can eat more since he has lost and then ends up gaining again. Keep him in your thoughts girls because he is good support and I DON'T want to Loose Him!!

julieofarc
09-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Julie,
Just curious...you live in the foothills of the Rockies, where are you going to row in Feb? I used to live in NW CO and I know up there, all the water is frozen in Feb.

Joanna

I missed your post reading through earlier, Joanna. Sorry! Wasn't trying to ignore you. (Although I did ignore your ice cream question since I have the same problem and have absolutely no solutions for you, other than fat-free sugar-free pudding, which tastes nothing like ice cream! )

As far as rowing in Feb., I'll be indoors on the erg (rowing machine). We'll be off the water by November, and then doing indoor/land stuff until May when we can get back on the water again. The wind is really the determining factor in when you get off/on the water. This morning we weren't able to row because the winds picked up as a storm was blowing in off the foothills. Winter winds tend to be pretty rowdy, even in the early mornings, and you can't row in lots of choppy water. I remember rowing in college at Oklahoma State on the lake while it was snowing. It was absolutely beautiful!

Are you going to WW meetings? I must say I initially though the meetings wouldn't be worth the money, but I am finding two things. One, I actually really enjoy the meetings and it helps me make weight loss a serious thing. Two, I have actually passed up foods because I don't want to pay that stupid weekly fee any longer than I have to. Kinda backwards motivation, but it works!

julieofarc
09-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Excuse the whining, but a girl's gotta do what a girls gotta do. :)

I am SOOOOOOO sore! It was too windy to row on Tues AM, so the coach had us do a short land workout- complete w/ leapies (or jumpie squats- crouching ot the ground and springing up and jumping as high as you can in the air, repeat). :dance: My quads & hamstrings are so sore this morning I can hardly make it up and down the stairs. :stress: We won't even talk about trying to sit on the loo.... :) Not only that, but I hurt my lower back last week, probably rowing in the boat since the water was pretty choppy, and that hurts too.

Whine, whine, whine! Whine. Okay, I'm done with that now. I'll just continue my crying when I walk downstairs or try to sit/stand. The only good thing about this is that I know I've built more muscle, which will burn more calories. And surely muscle repair burns calories as well??????

twickline
09-07-2005, 03:19 PM
When I feel like eating ice cream, I eat ice cream. I am really big on not letting my self feel deprived. I don't know if you all have heard of "Skinny Cow". That is a brand of ice cream I find in my grocery store freezer with the other ice cream brands. I have only seen it in ice cream sandwich form (round not rectangular) but I guess they have pints and gallons too. The neat thing is that a half cup is only 2 points and the sandwiches are only 3. I prefer the 3 point sandwiches because they are huge and I really feel like I am cheating big time with ice cream and two chocolate cookies. Oh, they also taste good.

Enjoy.
Teresa

AmySue
09-07-2005, 11:16 PM
When I feel like eating ice cream, I eat ice cream. I am really big on not letting my self feel deprived. I don't know if you all have heard of "Skinny Cow". That is a brand of ice cream I find in my grocery store freezer with the other ice cream brands. I have only seen it in ice cream sandwich form (round not rectangular) but I guess they have pints and gallons too. The neat thing is that a half cup is only 2 points and the sandwiches are only 3. I prefer the 3 point sandwiches because they are huge and I really feel like I am cheating big time with ice cream and two chocolate cookies. Oh, they also taste good.

Enjoy.
Teresa

I LOVE SKINNY COW!!! I am eating a chocolate and peanut butter ice cream sandwhich right now!! They are so good and I agree they are huge! I think that they are only lke $3.00 for six sandwhiches at Walmart! I don't deprive myself of anything either I just know that if I have something that is huge number of points I won't be able to eat as much!! And sometimes that makes me change my mind!! :rofl:

Keep up the great work everyone!!

jodilynn
09-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Julie, I'm going to WW meetings. It seems silly to pay that much to listen to someone tell you how to eat right (we all know how), but it does seem to help. I think that I know I have to weigh in and someone else sees the number, I don't want to be a slacker.

I'll have to look for skinny cow. I've never heard of it. I generally steer clear of the ice cream aisle...it's safer that way.

Ok, for the official WI....drum roll please.....
I LOST 3.2 pounds this week! for a grand total of 10 whole pounds!
The best part is that the little roll of fat on my belly doesn't roll over my undies anymore!

AmySue
09-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Good Morning Ladies!! Time for another weigh in! Well since I just had weighed myself on Monday, I wasn't expecting any change and there was not change. Maybe by next Friday I will have lost a couple of pounds.

My Sag: This week has been so hectic that I am having trouble keeping track of what I eat. Sometimes I will eat and other times I forget to and on top of all that I haven't been getting any sleep. I have too much to do so I have been sacraficing sleep. I read somewhere that if you don't get the proper amount of rest you won't loose weight either. So going to be at one or two a.m. and getting up at six has got to stop.

My Brag: Hmmm..... I don't think I have one this week, but I am hoping for a better week.

I would like to personally thank all of you for being here for me and giving me that extra push when I need it. If it wasn't for this post, I don't think I would have lost the 14 lbs that I have, heck I might of even gained some. Anywho, Thank you everyone!!!! Keep up all the Great work!! :grouphug:

alcandy03
09-09-2005, 08:25 AM
Well, I may not fit into this group. I am 37 and a mother of 2. But they are 19 and 14. I want and healthwise NEED to lose weight. And the plan you all have here sounds terrific!! I agree that it is overwhelming in here, and trying to fit in somewhere is getting tiresome!! LOL

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar098/bear01/lb/170/128/166/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

txmom23
09-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Hey!
Just a quick weigh-in..........168.4. I didn't lose any, really, but I didn't gain any either. My week has been hectic, just as I'm sure everyones has been. Have been doing well with the eating, but I've had to put the exercise on hold. Not enough hrs in the day right now. Hoping once I get back into a "everyone is now in school" schedule I'll get it worked in regularly.
AmySue...DITTO! I'm so glad there are folks here to be accountable to. I'd have trashed the whole idea if ya'll weren't here! Thanks for the support
Julie, I know it hurts, but doesn't it feel GREAT to be sore? Means those muscles are REALLY working hard and getting leaner!
Ok, gotta run. Headed out of town for the weekend (yet ANOTHER b-day in the family)
Have a good one,
Missy

mommy9802
09-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing today? I am doing good. I am happy to say that i have lost another 4 pounds :) Which is really helping me keeping motivated! I can't wait to see more come off, but i know it will take one day at a time! Everyone Good luck this next upcoming week. And have a WONDERFUL DAY AND A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Alisha

twickline
09-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Weigh in. I am up a pound or so. I was just below 170 and now I am back to 170. I have been waffling back and forth between the two. I am so frustrated and just want to give up. I know I probably have to kick up my exercise but am waiting for my yoga DVD to come in. It is a movement DVD and supposed to help in weight loss too. I have never tried yoga and thought it was worth a try. I've been staying within my points and I can tell my body is reshaping but I am the type of person who has a tendency to focus a lot on the number and I shouldn't do that I know. I have lost two inches around my chest and DH mentioned he could tell my hips and thighs were changing. I have always been "hippy" and am a pear shape. I know that was a big complement and I should be happy but I want to weigh 150! I know muscle weighs more and burns more calories and I have to just keep telling myself that and this is a natural part of weight loss but it was coming off so fast in the beginning. Okay....enough whining and I am getting off the "pity pot". I'm done, thanks for listening.

Welcome to the new comers. Everyone is welcome and fits in here. A BIG thanks to Julie for starting this forum. It has truly been a help and look forward to hearing from everyone and knowing I am not the only one struggling with the same thing. Keep up the fight everyone. The main thing is that we are getting healthy, right?

Have a GREAT week.
Teresa

julieofarc
09-09-2005, 07:28 PM
My weigh in.... 1.2 pounds lost. (It cracks me up that WW counts things to the 1/10th of a pound, but whatever.... it works for them.) I didn't row any this week since Tuesday, on water or the erg, but that is an attempt to give my body a rest so I can continue next week. I may make it tomorrow AM since I can finally walk again- sort of...

alcandy- you are more than welcome here! Feel free to contribute at your leisure. :)

And Teresa, I heartily agree with you saying "the main thing is that we are getting healthy" . You are a woman after my own heart! (And Missy's, that's always been our thing.) My dh commented that I was definitely shrinking, and I can fit into both of my 'tight/too small' pants now. Gotta love that, even though the scale isn't exactly zipping downwards.

Brag- My brag is I stayed put W-Fr, even though I really wanted to go exercise. I get afraid that if I stop for a while, I'll quit altogether. Silly, but it makes me want to never skip a day lest I continue to skip days and end up back where I started or worse.

Sag- You already heard my whines about how sore I am. It still kills for my kids to even attempt to sit on my lap. I am amazed that it made me that sore, since I've been pretty active the last 2 months. I was wondering why I wasn't getting sore legs after weight lifting- now I know what to do to make them sore! LOL

You gals are great! Chins up and all! Bravos to losers and gainers alike. Anyone need feedback or feel stalled out?

And whoever mentioned the Skinny Cow ice cream treats- thank you! They're pretty great!

Julie

julieofarc
09-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Hey gals- a quick brag! :) My dh gave me clothing money from a bonus we received, and took me shopping yesterday/today. I went prepared to be buying 20's, maybe 18's and lo and behold I am a solid 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeee! And my tops and skirts were all larges, not XL's. I'm feeling pretty awesome about the size change. And now I have some clothing that I feel good about (one of the skirts from Coldwater Creek is two sided- a pretty dark blush tone with a sparse floral print on one side, and a brown leopard print on the other side! That'll be for when I'm feeling really wild (which doesn't happen very often- just ask any of the gals that know me, I'm pretty straight laced, but trying to loosen up some so I look my age and not 20 years older :)

Talk with ya'll soon- I'm going out of town on Thursday, so I'll probably go to WW on Wed. AM and then post then, rather than Friday.

Julie

mommy9802
09-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Good Morning Ladies! How is everyone doing? Hopefully good! How was everyone's week? Mine was good except for last night, i cheated and had pizza. It sucked that i broke my "diet" but i needed it, it was just one of those days. But i am glad to say that my total weight loss for this week is 4 pounds. So i don't want to complain too much! And i am back on track. I have also managed to complete my goal this week which was too start excercising more. And i have! Well good luck to everyone! I hope everyone has a good weekend, and a good next week!

Alisha

twickline
09-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone.

MY weekly weigh in was awesome this morning. I not only lost what I gained last week but additional weight too. I knew I had to increase my exercise but I had no idea how it would kick start me back up again. I had decided to join the local gym using some of my weekly babysitting money. The local gym is remodeling and having a special. It was too good to pass up. I went three times and worked an hour on the treadmill each time. I am absolutely thrilled. I know I will most likely hit another bump but I am going to ride this wave for as long as it will go. I am now at the half way point to my Christmas goal.

I wish everyone a good week.
Teresa

AmySue
09-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Good Morning Girls!!

I weighed myself this morning and had only lost 1 pound, however I didn't gain any :D so that makes me happy!! I started driving the school bus today, so the last week was a little stressful with practicing and taking tests. Hopefully I will lose more next week. Keep up the great work girlies!!! ;)

AmySue
09-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Good Morning Girls!!

I weighed myself this morning and had only lost 1 pound, however I didn't gain any :D so that makes me happy!! I started driving the school bus today, so the last week was a little stressful with practicing and taking tests. Hopefully I will lose more next week. Keep up the great work girlies!!! ;)

julieofarc
09-16-2005, 10:46 AM
1.6 # lost. Back on track with rowing after hurting my hip/back.

I wanted to share a Pumpkin smoothie recipe someone mentioned at WW last night. It's simple, just 1 Tbsp. canned pumpkin, 1/2 cup fat free milk, and a banana. Whir in blender. Some of the people mentioned making their own pumpkin lattes like Starbucks does- leaving off the banana and adding coffee.

txmom23
09-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey Gals,
My weigh in for today is 170 :( I gained 2 lbs last week. I've found myself falling back into old habits as my schedule has gotten crazier by the day. I'm working on catching myself when I start to do this, so hopefully next week will be better. I've also felt crummy most of this week (thought it was strep, but I think it's just the "I've run myself ragged" crud). Anyone else struggling?
Better run, gotta go clean my house, my in-laws are coming this afternoon!!
Missy

wyciskalla
09-17-2005, 09:51 AM
Hi! I am a mother of 4 and am trying to loose 35lbs by new years eve! I was hoping by getting with you all I would stay motivated. I have a soon to be 9,soon to be 6, 3, and 5 month old. I am also a full time early childhood education student. I have been trying to exercise twice a day and eat healthy. It is very difficult for me! I walk 20 minutes on the tradmill in the morning and I lift free weights and ab crunches all before I get the kids to school. Then after I get the kids to bed I try to do my exercise video, ab crunches, and free weights.I am just trying to lose weight so that I can be proud of myself.

luvmylittleones4
09-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Iwould love to get 50 off by christmas. My names Shannon.I'm a 27 year old mother of 4 ages 9,7,5 and almost 3 months!!!Two boys and two girls..
My diet consists mainly of trying to eat well and I'm working on the exersize thing...Iwould love to join you ladies..I'm new to this site and not sure where I belong.
I am open to any advice and or tips and I'm a good listener {are you sold yet? ;) }Hope to get to know everyone soon!!!

:D Shannon

shortfatty
09-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Hey I am in. I have 35 lbs that I want to loose. I am going crazy. I follow WW flex plan. Last week when I thought I do so well I gained 1.2 lbs

mommy9802
09-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Good Evening Ladies! How is everyone doing? Good i hope! How was everyone's week? Mine was good, but long! I just got done doing Taebo, and i thought i would jump on here real quick and see how everyone was doing and also to report that i am down ANOTHER 3 pounds! I am so excited! I hope it keeps coming off! I know eventually i will hit a plateau but when i do, i will just change it up, you know! Well i hope everyone has a great night! And a wonderful weekend! ;)

Alisha

mommy9802
09-23-2005, 07:09 PM
quick question how come whenever you change your wieght tracker, it changes it on ever mesage you have posted?

alisha

twickline
09-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Good evening everyone.

I am reporting in with no change from last week (regarding weight). I started at the local gym and have been doing cardio and weight machines. I have been sore for the last two days from my last weight training session. I can tell the shape of my body is changing even if the scale doesn't show it. I was able to put on a size 12 pants that were given to me last May. I am very pleased about that. Hope everyone is doing well and staying motivated. Have a great week.

T

jodilynn
09-24-2005, 07:23 AM
OK, I skipped WI last week because I just couldn't face the scale. But, I went this week and am DOWN .2! At first I was a little depressed that it was only .2 but at least I lost. I start a new PT job on Monday, and am working a 5 hour shift thru lunch 4 days a week. I'll have to be sure to pack some healthy snacks.

Joanna

jodilynn
09-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Maybe a silly question...but

Is 2# a week a reasonable amount to lose?

I started here too late to make 50# by Xmas, but I'm thinking I can make my final goal by Easter (29 weeks) What are ya'll thinking? I know it will mean I have to stay on track, but that's the point, right?

Joanna

mommy9802
09-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Good Morning to all! How is everyone doing today! TGIF! Well i am happy to report that i have lost another 5 pounds! Which brings me down to 198! I am so happy that i am finally in the 100ville! I am still praying that ALOT more comes off, but i think i have come so far! Who knows even though i started late i MIGHT make my goal of 50pounds by christmas! Well i hope everyone had a good week, and continues to have a good weekend! Good luck EVERYONE!

Alisha

weighteater
09-30-2005, 11:58 AM
not to sound discouraging, but 50 # by X'mas really doesn't sound like a good idea. Maybe 25#, even if you lose 50# by X'mas, you are more likely to put it right back on due to the changes in your body. Not be discouraging. I just want to see you all do great for life, not just for the holidays. Lets be realistic.

acchand27
09-30-2005, 05:41 PM
I'd love to try! Hmm... I'm just thinking it will be too much too quick for latecomers, especially this late! I can shoot for 35 :cool:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar091/slider0/lb/218/152/196/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

AmySue
10-01-2005, 07:43 AM
This weightloss challange has been going on since July and back in July if you started with us to loose 50 by Christmas, you wouldn't think that it was unrealistic. Since you have only seen this post as of yesterday, of course it seems unrealistic. And if you would notice, by reading all the posts, we have even told some who have joined late that the 50 lbs isn't a good goal in such a short time. Also if you will notice a lot of of are doing great with this goal, regardless of whether we make it or not, it is a common goal that we all share. As for myself I have almost lost 20 lbs and so 30 more is doable by Christmas. Now by your comments on "not to sound discouraging""Not be discouraging"and "Lets be realistic." If this isn't something for you why post and be discouraging? If I were you I would have read all 182 posts before posting!

Too all of you who are on the 50 lb challange, Keep up the Great Work!! I have faith in you to succeed!!

not to sound discouraging, but 50 # by X'mas really doesn't sound like a good idea. Maybe 25#, even if you lose 50# by X'mas, you are more likely to put it right back on due to the changes in your body. Not be discouraging. I just want to see you all do great for life, not just for the holidays. Lets be realistic.

AmySue
10-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Weigh in Time!! for me anyways!! :D I forgot to weigh in yesterday, but anywho, here goes! I lost another 4lbs!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!! Can you tell that I am excited or what!!

Keep up the Great Work Ladies!! You all are doing great!! :D

twickline
10-02-2005, 01:32 AM
I am still steady. Not much to mention. My focus and commitment are waning. I am just about half way to my goal and this is where I always struggle. I see the progress so far, get tired of all the hard work (exercise, planning, etc.) and want to say "This is good enough". What are some ideas from you all that have experienced this and was successful getting back into the groove and re-pledging your commitment?

Yellowsub
10-03-2005, 02:40 AM
Hello
I would love to join you to loose 50lbs by Xmas.
I have read about Perricone.
Is it working for you?
I am sticking to the protein, salad and vegetable.
Atkins was good but you yoyo to much more once you stop.
I did.
Love
Yellowsub

txmom23
10-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Teresa,
I'm with you!! My motivation is all but gone. Lots of "life" going on and MY goals seem to take a backseat when that happens. I have the "that's good enough" thing going on also. I am definitely not where I want to be, but I've lost 10 lbs. (I'm now at 168). Shouldn't that be good enough? I guess after reading your post, my answer to myself is no, it isn't. Am I proud of how I look, is it something I'm completely comfortable with? NOPE! Guess that is my answer, the hard work is worth continuing. Glad to see someone else is where I am! I guess my advice to you is to really question yourself. For me, it IS worth the work. I would REALLY like to "feel pretty"!! I'm not looking to be a hottie or anything, but I do want to feel fit, and not so TIRED all the time. From looking at your weight tickers, I think we are about the same size. How tall are you? I'm 5ft.9 and at 168. My goal is also 150, give or take a few lbs. when I actually see how that looks on me. Want to help encourage each other? Seems some of the "regulars" have disappeared. (Bless you AmySue for sticking in there!!!)
Don't give up girls. Some of you have, but it isn't too late to regroup!!!!
Missy

AmySue
10-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Missy, I had noticed that too that there are quite a few that have given up on loosing weight. I know that Aila is still hanging in there, we email back and forth, but she has had a few health problems here recently. You all should keep her in your thoughts and prayers that she begins to feel better real soon!

Keep up the great work!! And Congrats on your 10 lbs!!! :D

Teresa,
I'm with you!! My motivation is all but gone. Lots of "life" going on and MY goals seem to take a backseat when that happens. I have the "that's good enough" thing going on also. I am definitely not where I want to be, but I've lost 10 lbs. (I'm now at 168). Shouldn't that be good enough? I guess after reading your post, my answer to myself is no, it isn't. Am I proud of how I look, is it something I'm completely comfortable with? NOPE! Guess that is my answer, the hard work is worth continuing. Glad to see someone else is where I am! I guess my advice to you is to really question yourself. For me, it IS worth the work. I would REALLY like to "feel pretty"!! I'm not looking to be a hottie or anything, but I do want to feel fit, and not so TIRED all the time. From looking at your weight tickers, I think we are about the same size. How tall are you? I'm 5ft.9 and at 168. My goal is also 150, give or take a few lbs. when I actually see how that looks on me. Want to help encourage each other? Seems some of the "regulars" have disappeared. (Bless you AmySue for sticking in there!!!)
Don't give up girls. Some of you have, but it isn't too late to regroup!!!!
Missy

debsturn
10-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Hi! I'm a Mom and I have way more than 50 to lose-but I'd settle for 15 by Christmas. (I'm a SLOW LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!)

My goal right now is to lose some weight and get myself on a rountine of eathing healthier and exercising. My husband and I really want to add to our family-but no way at this weight! I just told him tonight that as much as I want another child, I'm not consistent enough with taking my medication (hypothroidism), I want to start taking my vitimin and just get healthier! I am more than 100 lbs. overweight. I got pregnant with my son when I was 210. I gained a lot of weight---and then gained some after his birth.

Let's see October 11......by November 11.....10lbs. then hopefully 5lbs. after Thanksgiving!

I'm a working mom. I teach 3rd grade and I have a rough group of kids this year-STRESS HERE I AM!!!!!!!!! It's not always easy to get water in. I will work harder on that tomorrow.

I look forward to getting to know you and being a cheerleader when things seem down....well when the scale isn't down!

Debs