Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#44)

Sherry
07-30-2005, 11:59 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/cat

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

ShelleyM
07-31-2005, 04:52 AM
Dee-My bro from NY said that there is some kind of veggie only available in Canada called fiddle something or other. What is it? Is it as good as he says? Just wondering. Someone he works with goes back and forth to Canada and is from there. He brings him back samples of things only available in Canada, such as stuff that hasn't been approved here by the FDA. Interesting. I didn't know you had access to all that new stuff!

coles
08-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Shelley - I have no idea what you're talking about!! Fiddle heads maybe? I have never tried them, but I have seen them in the stores.
It's funny you think we have stuff you don't. When I know someone is going to the States, I get them to pick up the things not available in Canada. FAT FREE chips is always high on my list - Olean is not approved in Canada. Tylenol PM - also don't have it in Canada. Different flavors of Crystal Lite. (Lemonade, Orange) not in Canada either.

Deelite
08-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Shelley I agree with Janice. I like to go to the states to pick up stuff that isn't approved here. The fat free olean chips is one of the things. Olean will never be approved here, at least that is what I heard. I think that you are talking about fiddle heads. I love them. They are baby ferns. They have to be picked in early spring and there is only a small window of opportunity to buy them fresh. I steam them and drizzle a bit of garlic butter on them. Yummy.

Today is our civic holiday so it is a long weekend. It has been hot here all weekend. We have been hanging out by the pool. Friends of ours will be coming down this afternoon and then we will order in chinese food for dinner.

It has been slow here the last few days. Where are all you floosies? Did you all go on a holiday together and forget me?

Sherry
08-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Hello All :wave:

Just jumping in for a quick hello!! I've been to Debbie's all day swimming. She goes back to work tomorrow (I go back next Monday). I'm tired and sore! We did so many water aerobics and jogging around the pool! :D

Carol.....How are you? Please post soon!!

Gotta go put chicken on the grill...Got a hungry hubby!

Dee....Enjoy your holiday!!!! :cool: I haven't heard of civic day. You'll have to explain what that is.

I'll try to post again later......

gdeann
08-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Have a happy holiday Dee!!!

Sorry I am MIA so much... we are repairing basically everything we own...well not that bad YET, but I feel like it! The well ended up coming to around $2000.00, we need to wait for the statement, but that was the estimate. The well is old/not very deep and it is illegal to drill in the same well, we need to go out several feet, drill and then run line to the pit/pump etc. We are about ready to run out of water and the casing is so old in the well, it is starting to break away and he said it will eventually cave in. Of course, more money, that will run around $3000.00! Can I cry now??? We will wait it out and get the $2000.00 paid of first and keep praying the old well keeps working for a few years longer. Plus, because of the well problems, we spent $75.00 in plumbing supplies to replace inside toilet workings, washer screeens, etc. Can you tell I'm in a bad mood? It just seems like it is never ending.
On a good note, I am offically employed! I will start training on the 11th & 13th, she is willing to work with me on hours while Allison is in school, plus if I need to take my mother to a doctor appointment. I won't be getting rich, but we will have a little extra money coming in and I can help pay for the well and start saving for the future expenses.

I hope all of you are doing well, I'll check in later.

Carol101
08-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Gayle: I am sorry for the $$$ woes. Believe me I understand things breaking...
Congrats on the job though. I hope you love it!

I officially have an artificial ankle joint now!! I am not allowed to walk on it for 4 weeks. Right now it is just wrapped in a big (and I mean big) ace bandage from my toes to my knee. My leg looks like it is 12 inches wide!!!. I will go back to the doctor next monday to get the stitches out and then they will put a hard cast on it. After the first 2 days the pain is not bad at all. I can't leave it hang down very long or it aches, so I just keep it up with ice water running through the dressing. They placed a pack inside the bandaging so the water runs though a hose constantly keeping it cold. I only have to keep hubby filing the container (which looks like a small cooler) with ice and the machine does the rest. Neat huh. So I am cooped up in the house now and limited in what I can do.

Sherry: Swimming sounds so luxurious to me now. Enjoy!!! Sounds like your back to getting your exercise again. You go girl!

What is that old saying... the grass is always greener on the other side..... What we will do for the foods we want... crossing the border for food... LOL

Everyone enjoy your day. I will talk to you later.

Hugs
Carol

Deelite
08-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Carol I am glad to hear that you are doing ok. I heard of that cooler thingy. That is pretty cool....lol

Gayle congratulations on the job. You will will enjoy being out with people and the schedule that you can have around your mom and Allison is a bonus. I am sorry to hear that you have so many expenses that are unexpected. At least you have extra income coming in with your new job.

Sherry good for you on jogging around the pool. We do that all the time here too. We blast the music and work out. It was a hot weekend so our pool got a good workout. Our civic holiday is just an excuse to have a long weekend in the middle of summer.

Tonight we are having a steak bbq for Jay and Ash's engagement. We are cooking all their favorites and we bought them a gift certificate to Home Sense. I am going to pick up ballons this afternoon for them too.

Well got to go and get the rest of the dinner prepared. Thanks for all the holiday wishes. We had a great time entertaining friends by the pool and eatting chinese food. It is amazing with all the meals out lately the scale is still sliding down slowly.

Audios.

coles
08-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Carol-So happy you are on the mend. That was pretty scary surgery to have. Now you have to do what the doctors tell you and let everything mend.
Well everyone I am FIFTY Today. Where does the time go? I met my daughter for lunch today, and she gave me a beautiful watch with two hearts on either side of the face. Hubby gave me a printer for photos. I guess I need to figure out the camera.
Gayle- I'm on a stall with the weight loss right now, it gets very frustrating. Amanda told me she is having a cake made today with buttercream icing. There goes the diet for a couple of days. Cake is my all time favorite food.
Have a great day everyone!

Sherry
08-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Happy 50th Birthday JANICE!!!!!:hat:

I hope you have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Sherry
08-02-2005, 01:05 PM

Carol!!!! I'm so glad you posted!! I was worried about you. I hope you continue to improve and get better each day. Just take it easy and let hubby spoil you like you deserve! :grouphug: BTW: The ice, cooler thingie is what they had on Wayne when he had his knee surgery. It's pretty neat huh?

Gayle...Congrats on the job!! I'm so happy that you'll be able to work things around Allison & your Mom. I'm so sorry to hear about all the money you have to spend. In my last post in the last thread, I said it might be cheaper to move! Bless your heart!

Janice...Again Happy Birthday!! I hope you have many, many more!! :hb:

Dee....Have a wonderful dinner with Jay & Ash tonight! I wish I lived closer to you and sample your fancy meals! Have you heard anything else about your CAR or tummy tuck?

I'm heading to the pool for some exercises and SUN :cool: Will talk to you later. Have a great day all!!

Deelite
08-02-2005, 03:03 PM
HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY JANICE!!!

:woo: :wizard: :balloons: :cheer: :wizard: :gift: :hb:

Deelite
08-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Sherry WTG for getting back in that pool today. I would love to have you come down for dinner. I just love to cook and make everything look romantic. Tongiht on the menu is

marinated bbq steak
bacon and twiced baked potatoes
raison, bacon and broccoli salad
steamed asperagus with garlic butter
hot buttered corn on the cob
garlic toasted buns
blueberry cheese cake

We have ballons and streamers, music and candles.
I am looking forward to welcoming Ashley into our family.

Sherry
08-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Dee....Your menu sounds great all except the cheesecake! :lol: I hate that stuff!

I did 1 hour of water aerobics today. If anyone wonders....I use the next door neighbor's pool.

I'm taking a break now from washing my car from inside & out! It's sooooooo HOT outside I can only do a little at a time!! I don't know what I bought a BLACK car! :fr: I can't keep it cleaned!
Talk later.....

ShelleyM
08-02-2005, 05:53 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JANICE!! :hb: :bravo: :cp: :hat: :dance: :balloons: :lucky: :woo: :gift:

ShelleyM
08-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Janice-I hope your birthday is wonderful!

Gayle-I am so happy for you. It will help you to get out by yourself for awhile. As far as the home expenses go, hopefully this is it for awhile.

Dee-Your dinner sounds yummy. Enjoy the party.

Carol-I am so happy that your surgery turned out good. I hate the thought of you having to sit in one spot though. Can you get up and move around at all? Are you on pain meds?

Sherry-You are doing great with your workouts.

Debbie-You are doing awesome, too!

Where oh where is Doni?? I am worried about her. Please let me know if you have gotten an email or something from her.

Vicki-You are feeling any better? I hope your injuries are healing.

Cheryl-When are you going to join us over at the exercise thread? You promised last month that you would.

gdeann
08-02-2005, 06:25 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEARRRRRR JANICEEEEEEE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
:woo:

gdeann
08-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Thank you for all of the well wishes! Everyone that works there is telling me I will hate my job for the first 90 days or so just for the fact it is utter confusion in the store. Steve said something will be totally strange with me if I do like it and he will begin to wonder about me. I'm a nervous wreck thinking about running the register and counting change back with someone standing right over the top of me for the first week or so. Math has never been my strong suite and I tense up when I need to do any type of figuring in my little tiny head. I start training next week for a few days and I offically go to work the same day Allison starts school on the 17th.

Carol, I'm glad your recovery is going so well. Do what the doctor orders and you will be up and moving in no time!

Dee, you probably giggle when you see some of the things I prepare for a meal. I can make a "mean" hamburger helper! LOL! I hope the dinner with the future inlaws went well!

Shelley, I miss Cheryl too... I noticed she is posting on other boards since her vacation, but not with us though.... guess she doesn't love us anymore...
I haven't seen any messages from Doni.
Can you tell me the average cost to lease a vehicle? I'm going to need to bite the big one and look for something else probably by winter time.

Sherry, will you please come clean my car out? Pretty please???? I really, really need to do that in the next few weeks. We live out in the country so mud, rocks etc. end up inside no matter how careful I try to be. I'm almost thinking I will go with a white vehicle the next purchase. I had a white car once and loved it, it seemed to stay clean longer and just looked sharper to me. Although...there is a GORGOUS color out now that is like a deep, deep cherry burgandy...I would love it, but I bet it shows everything!

I hope everyone is doing well!!!! I need to get back OP, this week has not been kind to me, I have been in such a pissy mood I could of cared less what I was shoveling in my mouth.

ShelleyM
08-03-2005, 05:44 AM
Gayle-My lease is $300.00 per month. Toyota was running an online deal for no money down. I had to let them know that I was going by the deal online. Most other leases seem to ask for at least $2,000.00 down. Of course, the more you pay down, the less your payments will be. We just didn't have the funds to do that.

Deelite
08-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Nothing new just checking in.

Last night was perfect. We really enjoyed our time with them. It was so hot out that after dinner we swam three times. lol Still hot today to. The forcast for the week is going to be hot. I like it because of the pool. If we didn't have that it would be to hot. I feel sorry for the families that don't have central air or a way to cool off.

Have a great day.

Carol101
08-03-2005, 06:21 PM
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JANICE!!!!
I hope you had a wonderful day. And for heaven sakes you must have cake on your birthday. We all have our ups and downs staying OP, you will be okay, get right back in there and those scales will keep going down, down, down!

Gayle: you will do just fine counting out change. Most of the registers today tell you how much to give to customers, so you don't have to figure it you only have to count it back to them. You are such an outgoing caring person, I believe you will be a wonderful asset to any business. You go girl!

Sherry: I bet you just love your neighbors.... pool....... LOL and since it is so hot these days, it probably isn't much of an effort to get into that pool to do aerobics. I am proud of you, keep it up.

Dee: What a cook you are. You can tell you love to cook and make things nice for a meal. What an event it must be at every meal at your home.

Shelley: I am able to get around. I have a wheelchair I can get in and out of quite expertly already, so I am able to do small chores from a sitting position and ..... my bosses have graciously hooked up my home computer with the office so I can actually work for them. I was so glad when they decided to let me do that for two reasons.
1. I would be bored to death without something to do.
2. MONEY!!
Anyway, so far so good, I am doing as my doctor has advised and plan to continue to do that. I sure don't want to do anything to compromise my recovery!

One good thing. I have been able to stay away from eating out all the time like I do at work. I have been doing pretty good food wise and hopefully it will help my waistline go down. With a new ankle to stand on in about 4 weeks, it sure would be better if my weight was down to relieve the excess pressure it would have to bear. At least that is my hope.

ShelleyM
08-04-2005, 05:48 AM
Carol-I'm glad that at least you can get around in a wheel chair. That's better than being stuck in one place all the time.

We are slammed at school. I went to Sam's at 7:AM yesterday to pickup stuff for a staff luncheon today. I am in charge of it. There is so much to be done and the open house is Saturday. Since I am the bus queen, I have had parents calling constantly about busing. The rules have changed this year in establishing new bus stops because of sexual preditors. I feel like I should go in right now, but I hate opening the school. I will just have to make myself wait another hour.

gdeann
08-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Sounds like your busy Shelley...I hope all of the co-workers realize the time and energy you put into your job.

When it rains it pours... I can't even begin to tell you guys all of the problems we are having. All of it involves more money then we have. I'm not sure what we are doing yet or when. Due to various elements, moving is out of the question at this point. It seems like the harder we work and try to gain something for our family, the harder the knocks are. I quit working to stay home with my kids and then to take care of ailing parents, now we are to the point of not one spare dime left after budget and needing more to repair things. Sorry to be such a downer, I may not post for a few days until I can shake this horrible mood.

Deelite
08-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Gayle you need to post! Not posting would be the worst thing for you. We are here for you sweety. So what s'up? We care, so don't be so silly and not post. You have always been there for me so if I can't be there for you I would feel bad if I needed to ask you for a shoulder to cry on. Gayle I love you.

ShelleyM
08-05-2005, 05:01 AM
Gayle-Don't you dare not post! We love you and want to hear what's going on, no matter if you are *****y or not! That's what friends are for.

Talk about *****ing. Yesterday, after this whole luncheon thing, when the polo shirts were given out to everyone that I ordered with our logo on them, everyone was making fun of them because they ran very small. Of course, since I ordered them, I am the one to take the brunt of it. The principal got really mad at the whole staff and when I left the luncheon, told them that I was upset at the way that they acted and so was she. Then everyone was coming to me thanking me for the shirts. I was so depressed the rest of the day. I bust my butt to bend over backwards for all the teachers and I get my face slapped for doing something that was beyond my control. The shirts are the polo type with our school logo embroidered. They are white, but they are shorter than usual. We actually paid more money for these because they have something like coolmax in them. I feel like such a failure for ordering them, and now I have to go to school on Saturday and face everyone wearing these tight shirts. Even the 2X was more like a large. I fit into the small with no problem, but then again I have no boobs.

Okay, I better get off the computer before I bring everyone down!

coles
08-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Gayle - Please post, you know we are all here for you and we all have problems that we share with each other. We love you and are always here for you. I wish there was more we could do.
Shelley-Don't bring yourself down because people are so cruel. You did the best you could and aren't responsible for the company you ordered from. You are so hard on yourself.
Too Much cake can you believe I am up 4 pounds today. I work so hard to take it off and it comes back so easy. That is my ***** for the day.

Sherry
08-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Mornin' :wave:

Sorry I haven't posted in 2 days. Wednesday I went to KY and spent the day with Mom. Yesterday I went to Debbie's and went swimming. Last night, I went with Wayne to his Brothers house to help work on his Brothers car.

Gayle....PLEASE.PLEASE continue to post! What would we do without you!!! I have been so depressed all summer because we didn't have the money to go on vacation OR do anything fun because my car broke down (only one we have) and we had to go buy this new one. When it rains, it pours hard on us! Somedays I wonder if we just work for free because we NEVER see much of our pay checks. All for bills.I understand how you feel. If I were rich I would send you money. That's how much I love you!!! Please try not to get depressed and make yourself sick! :grouphug:

Shelley....It's not your fault the way the shirts turned out. You ordered them and they didn't fit...period! You'll know not to order from them again.Don't let everyone get to you! It's not worth it. After TEN YEARS at my school, I now ignore a lot of comments and remarks from the staff.Sometimes I wonder about some of them. Like who raised these people to be so rude!!!! A small??? OMG! I don't EVER remember wearing a size small!

Janice....Don't worry about the 4 lbs. They will come right back off this week. Glad you had a great b/day and happy you enjoyed the cake!! :)

Carol.....How do you feel today? I said a prayer for you last night. I hope you get well soon.

Better get busy on the house.....I'll check back in this afternoon. Have a great day!

Deelite
08-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Gayle come on out and post. Are you lurking? If you aren't I will contact you by email. We all need to ***** sometimes. I have done my share. Life is not easy, it is full of chalenges. Hang in there girl. Guess what? I am painting a serving tray with the sunflower pattern you sent me. I painted it terracota and will do a crackle finish so that the painting of the sunflowers is weathered.

Janice is there more cake left? If so give it away or throw it out. To get rid of those pounds drink lots of water. I was watching Oprah the other day. There was a guy on there talking about how to lose weight. He has a book out to follow but he said if we would drink green tea twice a day and not follow any of his other recommendations that in 8 weeks we would lose 6 pounds. I started to do this yesterday. I am doing ww's so maybe this will give help speed up my metabolism. Not going to hurt.

Sherry did you develop fins yet? I am so proud of you for all the activity you are doing. As for not going on holidays this summer, when the kids were young and money was tight we use pretend we were visitors to our city and do touristy things. We choose a lot of free activities. We always tried to make the best of it.

Shelley it sounds like you work with a lot of losers. I know that you are very sensitives but you have to let what they say go. They should have been thankful to you. Would you beable to contact the company and let them know that their sizes are inaccurate? Maybe they would compensate you somehow.

Carol I am happy that you are able to get around in a wheel chair. That is grreat that you are able to work from home. I know so well how it can become boring waiting to get better.

Last night Dez called around 1:00 am crying. The police were bringing her home. I thought oh boy here we go again. Larry asked her if she was in trouble. She said sort of. She wasn't making much sense. She mentioned something about an ambulance and the police and her friend trying to commit suiside. So I got up to wait for her and after 10 minutes I couldn't stand waiting without knowing what was going on. She should have been here by then. It is only a block away. I was worried so I phoned her. She said that she couldn't leave because Scott was banging on her door and very angry at her. She was scared and waiting for the police to come back. I asked her what was going on. Scott has had severe head pain for about a month. He went into the hospital by ambulance twice. Yesterday afternoon was one of the times. They did tests and couldn't find anything. He is a really tough guy so I know that he had to be in bad shape. Anyways the info that I know so far is that Dez went to see him last night. He lives on the floor below her at the apartment. He just couldn't take the pain any more and he was going to shoot up with heroin and over dose. Dez was freaking out so she called the police expecting help. I am not sure what happenned but I think they called an ambulance again and took him away. When he got back home he was pounding on her door with anger. That is when she called the police and then us. After awhile Scott settled down and she was able to talk to him. She phoned back and said that she wasn't coming home. ALL IN A LIFE OF BEING A PARENT.

Today is going to be a busy one. I have a doctors appointment at noon. Then I will swim after that. This evening I am going for a hair cut. I haven't had one since January. It is time to get a new style. We were suppose to go out for dinner with Larry's boss after that but he is looking at a car he wants to buy. I think that we will be going out with his boss tomorrow. That was part of the signing contract....lol That he takes me out for dinner. We will be going to a really nice restaurant by the river.

I hope that you all have a great weekend. It is going to be a hot one here.

gdeann
08-05-2005, 08:27 PM
I promise I will be back girls...just need a few days to have a pity party.

Shelley, I like Dee's suggestion, maybe the company will make it right with you. I know it's too late to get shirts for this weekend, but maybe they will give you a special rate or do a special order for you. And in no way is this your fault! The company should go by standard sizes and if not, this should of been disclosed to you.
as far as the co-workers...don't you just love a room of *****y women??? LOL!!!! Let them complain, at least YOU were making an effort to do things right.

Deelite
08-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Gayle don't stay away too long. We need you here. You are never a burden.

Shelley I was just thinking of something else I seen of tv. Companies are making clothing sizes different so that we continue to buy clothes. Before a size 12 is now a size 8. The size # is suppose to be getting smaller. Who ever heard of a size 0 twenty years ago? So the company you ordered from seems to have gone the other way. Just a thought.

ShelleyM
08-06-2005, 05:44 AM
Dee-Too funny. I didn't think of that. The guy that I get all my shirts from is the one that suggested these. He also suggested the ones last year, which shrank. He has always done me right, but I hate to complain to him again because I have been complaining to him quite a bit lately. I will let him know, though. I'll probably go to a different rep just for the staff shirts and continue with him for the uniform shirts that we get for the kids. They are always perfect. This same guy also reps our school pictures.

I hurt my lower back yesterday while lifting all kinds of boxes getting ready for today at school. Needless to say, I'm not running today. I was going to go on a short run before going to school today, but I'm afraid if I do, I won't be able to run tomorrow. I hate not earning AP's!!

Carol101
08-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Isn't life just a ***** at times!!

Gayle: Please keep posting. Like Sherry said, when it rains it seems to pour. We all have the ups and downs of life and like you, there are times I feel like there are more downs than ups. But we must move forward as best we can. I have two mottos that I fall back on when things get rough and it always seems to bring me through.. "Where there is a will there is a way". and "God Grant Us the Serentity to accept the things you cannot change, change the things you can and the wisdom to know the difference" Although it may seem like things are hopeless at times, things do eventually get better. So hang in there girl. There are good times just around the corner. Here is another one for you. "When God closes one door, he opens another window."

Shelley: I know that kids can be so cruel with open honestly, but isn't it so sad that so many adults are the same way. Well chin up girl, you are the best of the bunch!! Those people just do not realize what a prize you are. Just knowing that you did your best to make it a wonderful gift for all should be enough for you. So, just turn the other cheek and smile. Your a very very good person. I love you!

Dee: Our kids never seem to grow up to us. We constantly worry about them no matter how young or old they become. I am sorry Dez is having such a hard time, I hope things work out for her. It shoulds like her friend needs some serious help. I would tell you to try not to worry too much, but having kids of my own, I know that is an impossibility. All we can do is be there when they need us. My heart goes out to you.

Shelley & Debbie: I am so proud of both of you. All the swimming you two are doing. Those inches should just be falling off you! Keep up the good work. I sounds like the two of you are having a very busy summer. I am sure you are going to hate to see school start up again. Enjoy it ladies while you can!

Janice: I am sure those 4 lbs will be off again in no time. Just keep drinking that water. I saw that same show of Oprah that Dee saw. I believe the guy was promoting the Dr. Perricone Diet. He was talking about how his diet not only helps you lose weight but will give you a instant natural facelift. It was called: The Perricone Prescription: A Physician's 28-Day Program for Total Body and Face Rejuvenation Green tea seemed to be a big factor for the weight loss. Try the green tea it can't hurt. Be Happy!

Well tomorrow is the day I go get the stitches out of my ankle & leg. I will keep you up to date on my progress.

Have a wonderful day my dear sweet friends!

Hugs
Carol

Sherry
08-07-2005, 09:47 PM

Just wanted to pop-in and say hi!! I hope everyone has had a great weekend! :)

I cleaned house, washed clothes and mowed the yard today. Tomorrow is my first day back at school (work) :( I dread it!! I can't believe how short the summer was.

Talk to ya tomorrow! :wave:

Love & Big Hugs!

ShelleyM
08-08-2005, 05:50 AM
Carol-I know you meant to congratulate Sherry instead of me on the swimming. She and Debbie are doing awesome!!

Okay. We're off to the races today. School starts and it's going to be a madhouse. Saturday already was, what with the buses not making as many stops as they always have. I'll have people yelling at me all day--I can just feel it. I'm leaving in a few minutes to get a head start on the day..... Wish me luck!!

Love to all!

Deelite
08-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Carol you are right about Oprah's program. I am glad one of us has a good memory. How did it go at the doctor's today? I hope all is well.

Shelley and Gayle how did it go at school today? First day back for the kids is probably one of the hardest. There is so much confusion the first day.

Gayle we are missing you, can you come back now? You know that we are here for you. It is ok to rant and rave about our troubles.

We had a really good weekend. Our dinner with Larry's boss went wonderful. He is such a easy going funny guy. I am glad that we weren't paying the bill. It was $340.00. Larry goes out for expensive meals fairly often with work, I don't get the pleasure of eatting out at such fine restaurants. I really enjoyed it. I had pickeral fillets and everyone else had steak.

I hope that everyone that is lurking will post to say hello.

Deelite
08-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Shelley sorry I forgot to mention your sore back. Take care of it. I know it is hard not to earn your ap but it will only be for a few days. If you don't rest it, it may take longer to feel better. I am like you always thinking of earning those extra points so that I can eat more. ;)

ShelleyM
08-09-2005, 05:34 AM
Dee-I'm fine. I ran 13 on Sunday. Now for the update on school:

It was the absolute busiest that it has ever been. We are down something like 100 buses, so the routes are very different from last year. They are not doing as many stops, and there were so many angry parents yesterday. One of the ladies helping out in the office said that you had to pay to talk to Shelley. I am beginning to hate my name. Why does everyone ask me everything? Needless to say, I didn't leave work until 4:30 yesterday and it was storming outside. I put 1 child on the wrong bus and the principal was not happy about it. Nevermind the other 499 that got on the right buses!! Today I hate my job. Not sure what the day will bring, but maybe I'll like it better by tomorrow!

Deelite
08-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Shelley that sucks. You are very right about putting 499 children on the right bus. Are you the only one doing this? It sounds like there should be a few people helping out the first few days until everyone knows what bus to go on. I hope today is better. You are good at what you do. Everyone makes mistakes so take to heart what your principal does. I know that you are doing a great job.

Carol101
08-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Shelley: What a responsibility you have. Making sure that precious cargo gets on the right bus is quite a feat with so many of them. I am proud of you. Sounds to me like you do a terrific job!! Also thanks for correcting me about my typo. Sorry Sherry, I did mean you and Debbie and all your swimming time.

Sherry: How was your first days back at school? How is it progressing? I am sure the first days are the absolute worst as you and Shelley can attest to. Keep us posted.

Dee: Sounds like a terrific meal you had. You deserve more of them. I am glad you enjoyed it.

My doctor's visit went well. I now have a hard cast that I will wear for the next 3 weeks. Still no weight bearing. It is exactly as I suspected they would do. I got some of the staples out but there were a few that were't quite ready to come out yet. It was not a pretty picture looking at that ankle. I have a cut up one side about 5 inches long and one up the front about 5-6 inches long. There are 3 other smallers incisions where they put instruments through. What a site it was! I am kind of glad I dont have to look at it again for awhile. I go back in 3 weeks.

gdeann
08-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Hello girls! I'm back, still not in the best of moods, but I am back...

Thankfully, we've had two days in a row with nothing bad happening or anything breaking down. Hopefully, the dark cloud hanging above my head is fading away!
We had the well pump replaced, because of the water table and pump size, we were pumping sand for awhile. Do you know what sand does to indoor plumbing? Lets just say I know how to tear down inside toilet workings piece by piece and can change out a faucet with the best of them! I could only get 1-2 loads of laundry done before I had to pull out the washer and replace screens. Thankfully, we did it for the last time Saturday and things seem to be running ok.... Saturday was the day from ****, I sat on the edge of our waterbed frame like I have for the past 9 years, but that day the board decided to fall with me on top. We had the mattress trying to flow out of the frame because of the water pressure. We drained and repaired (A screw had came loose) then Steve went to plug in the swimming pool pump and it quit (not even one full season out of it) one of my Hospice ladies that I was seeing before moms illness passed away, all this time we were also cleaning and flushing the indoor plumbing. If it wasn't so bad, I think I could of stood back and chuckled at all of our mishaps.
We decided over the weekend to hold off drilling a well for awhile. The work done to this point is $2000.00 and to drill it will be another $4000.00. We financially can not do it. so we are going to keep our fingers crossed and pray we do not run out of water.
I will be working at the liquor store Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays while Ali is in school. She also asked me about some Mondays, so I will do that plus fill in if there is an illness or no show. I start training Thursday for a few hours, I'm not nervous at all about dealing with the public. I'm nervous thinking about the training when management stands over the top of me looking at every move. If I am ever going to make a mistake, it will be then. For example, I can count change, but put me behind a register with the customer on the front side and management staring at my back and I instantly freeze up and my mind goes blank. I know I will survive through all of it, I just gotta complain to you guys! LOL!

Carol, I hope your feeling better! How soon before you can start rehab??

Shelley, I'm sure you do a fantastic job! We all make a mistake now and then, and we go on. You are a valuable asset to the school and hopefully they will realize it.

Dee, Steve gets to eat out with his business. I almost died the night he told me the bill was a little over $800.00!

Sher, I hope school went ok!

Deelite
08-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Gayle I am soooo happy that you are posting again. Did you see what happenned when you stopped posting? Not many posts. Sherry disappeared for a couple of days too. boy aren't you glad that you didn't have to pay Steve's dinner bill. They are so lucky!

Carol I am glad that things are going well. It is gonna hurt for awhile and will look ugly for a bit too. Soon you will be running around and not evening thinking about what you have gone through.

Sherry how is school going? Are you back int he grove? Did you float away in Debbie's pool?

Shelley did you have a better day? I bet all the kids got on the right bus today.

Sherry
08-09-2005, 07:14 PM
STOP!!!!

Please Go To #45.............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!! ;)