Old 07-30-2005, 10:06 AM   #1  
*Believe in your dreams*

Default Smoothie King

I am just wondering if this is a good thing. I had a smoothie after a workout. I could easily have 3 times a week. They are really good.
~ntn4utide~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:22 AM   #2  

Whether it's "good" or not in terms of weight loss depends on what you put in it and how you are treating it as part of your total food for the day. Sure, the ingredients are healthy, but you can quickly take in a LOT of calories with one of those things.

If you go to their website, www.smoothieking.com, you can find out you need to know. Click on On the Menu, then Smoothies, then Find the Right Smoothie, to get the nutritional info for the various types. I clicked on 5 or 6 randomly and they ran anywhere from 206 to nearly 500 calories for 20 oz, and that's without any additions.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I agree that it depends on what you put in it and how you are using it. Since they are as expensive as a meal, when I used to go to Smoothie King a lot, I would just use it as a meal replacement. I think they have some sort of powder or something to add to it? I don't remember what it was called, but I would get a medium low-fat smoothie with that powder added to it, and it filled me up. They are delicious!!!
TatianaHdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

I just make my own smoothy: 1 cup blueberries, 1 banana, 1 cup skim milk and about 1/3 cup of yougurt. -the blueberries are frozen so it works pretty good.
buddha belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

Hey Buddah - try freezing the BANANAS as well - and pop in a scoop of protein powder, if you've got it. Freezing the bananas is actually a 'secret' of the smoothie places (we don't have Smoothie King here, but another chain called Jamba Juice, which has recently come out with their 'enlightened' versions - the regular sizes are around 280-330 calories, depending on which flavor you get - that's a pretty big calorie reduction from the regular versions!).

Jamba has different "boosts" that you select from to add to your smoothie - is that the way SK works?
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote