Exercise! - Unique exercises

View Full Version : Unique exercises

Laila_girl22
07-29-2005, 06:33 PM
Hi all! It's been a while since I have visited. I fell off my routine for a few weeks. I was doing great until the week of my birthday, it was a busy one. And then I started my evening shift rotation (11a-11p). I do great when I work 7a-7p because I am fine with coming home and walking for three miles. I, however, am not fine with waking up any earlier than I have to. Maybe I should look at a morning workout as something that I have to do, kind of like a job. Anyways, I was looking for some fun and unique exercises that I can do at home. Do any of you have any ideas? I already walk and I am really thinking about biking, but then I can't (won't) bring my dog. Also, to step things up a notch starting tonight I am going to work out at the fitness center where I work. They have great equipment, my favorite is the cross trainer.

Even though I haven't been working out for the last three weeks I managed to loose some weight. I was at 255 last time I was here, now I am 249! Yeah for me! Thanks!

Sara G

aphil
07-29-2005, 08:35 PM
I am going to move this to the exercise area of the forum-you may get a better response!
:)
Aphil

srmb60
07-30-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm the opposite of you. I find it much easier to exercise in the morning before an evening shift or even when I get up after a night shift .... than I do after having worked already today (day shift). Mind you, I only work 8 hrs.
Maybe you just need to come up with something abreviated for those days. 20 or 30 minutes of weights, a video tape ... I went for a bike ride yesterday and according to fitday.com it's a much quicker way of using calories than walking.
I used to walk over 3 miles a day but if I work alot, I can't find the over an hour to do that.
The fitness center sounds like a wonderful idea. You'll probably get lots of ideas here.
By the way ... you've done a fabulous job! That's a lot of weight gone:)

Miaka
07-31-2005, 07:06 PM
The problem for me is that the days are getting shorter here and it not really that safe to run on the trail near me in the dark. However I hate running on treadmill, much to boring even with music. I would love something I can do at home, maybe a dance workout. Any suggestions?

almostheaven
07-31-2005, 07:53 PM
I have quite a few videos I exercise to. Mostly Walk Away The Pounds...I have 2 sets and 2 standalone videos (including the Firm Walk) from that collection, then one dance video and one Firm video. I have leg weights and 3 and 8 pound hand weights, and a set of steps for the Firm video. I will mix up the videos and use the weights and steps, or I will just lift weights and use the steps while watching a movie, or jog in place with hand weights while watching a movie.