South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 04:02 PM   #1  

Angry Why is it I'm Always Starting...

but never finishing? I am forever sabotaging myself or either saying I would rather do WW so I can have more freedom. I just need to make up my mind and stick to SB because I know I will have luck with it, my friends and you guys have. If I start again it will be like my 4th time! And I know all of you that read everything are tired of hearing me say- I'm starting again! HELP!!!

TIA!!

Jacquerlyn
Old 07-29-2005, 04:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

What foods do you find yourself missing? Is there a way to make them SBD friendly?
Sarah
Old 07-29-2005, 04:31 PM   #3  

I just miss all the junk and sweets that I am so used to. I guess I just need to sit down this weekend and plan out next week and just make myself do it.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Oh, that stuff...well, hmmm...well... WW actually allows that stuff?
Have you completed phase 1 at least once? You may find that you lose the taste for some of it after a few weeks of eating this way.

Having some prepared snacks may help with the munchies.

Did you read the thread I posted about the book "The Thin Commandments"? It has a lot of information about how to strategize with weight loss.

Sit down and make some sort of plan for the week, you may find it helps.

Take care.
Sarah
Old 07-29-2005, 04:59 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Patzgirl, if you keep trying SBD, you must, somehow, realize that the junk and stuff doesn't work for you. Some people are able to do WW and limit their intake of junk. Others (like me!) find that they can't limit it if they have any.

Nonetheless, there will come a time when you will be sick of the way eating that stuff makes you feel and of the way you look as a result. When you feel that way and you really do want to lose the weight and get healthy, you will. Until then, take as many baby steps as you can in the right direction, replacing simple carbs with complex ones, not eating in between meals, etc.

As one of the maintainers' sigs says, "If you want to, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse." I know that we'll be here to cheer you on as you find your way to what you reallly want!
Old 07-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #6  

Good luck in whatever you decide. Its hard to do a plan but when you find the one for you it becomes easier. Like with Atkins I was miserable but I did it anyways bc I lost weight. I went off it and gained what I lost and more. With this one I am not losing as fast since adding things back but I think its a good plan. I am not going to lie though I still miss sweets.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jacquerlyn

Beachgal's first paragraph there totally summed up the reason why I finally got down to SBD and I found a commitment to this plan that I'd been lacking in the past. I was also waivering between SBD, WW and a couple of other plans. If you cant control your intake of sweets and bad carbs ( I cant), then SBD is a perfect plan for you.

Dont worry about your "false starts" - I think many of us have been there. One time everything just seems to click into place and you feel a different level of commitment, in my experience.

This week didnt start the best for you - if I recall, you wrote that you hadnt been able to plan for Monday so were hoping to start at lunchtime. But lunch was at Mexican restaurant. So next time you start, have you considered writing a meal plan for the first few days? Maybe just the first three days - write down your 3 meals and your 3 snacks and shop for them. Then start!

I dont know how the other Chicks have handled this, but this time (after many false starts), I treated this like a project. I plan my meals and snacks, I do the grocery shopping accordingly, and I schedule my workouts in my diary.I have a growing collection of SBD recipes on my pc and a lot are printed out, in a folder.I took before photos, in my underwear and also some in my favourite jeans and top right now.

My exercise and eating program is now the #1 Priority in my life. Its not selfish - I cant give my best to my loved ones and friends when I'm unhealthy, obese, and unfit.

You will find a way to make it work for you, I'm sure. I understand how frustrating it is to feel motivated and to start, and then slip. Just keep on keeping on. You will get there eventually!

Good luck
ps dont feel that you have to start it on a Monday - pick a couple of days when you know you dont have to eat out, or times when you can do some cooking. If you eat meat, try the Taco Bake for dinner on your first day of P1 - you absolutely will not believe you are on a diet!
Old 08-01-2005, 02:49 AM   #8  

Awesome advice Artemis!!! I think it is hard to find the plan that will best suit each of us! I like south beach for the reasons mentioned! I am almost always craving free and I feel in control of food, rather than the other way around!
I know a lot of people who have lost weight and kept it off on WW, Atkins and other programs, but they didn't work for me!!!
It doesn't matter how many times you have to start, what matters is that you do start!!! Every time you are learning about yourself and pretty soon you will know what/how to do the plan that is right for you and you will succeed!!
From one junk food junkie to another I wish you good luck!!!
Closed Thread