South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 06:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - July 29

Good morning, Sleepychicks. The sun is shining, it's a lovely fresh morning and I'm making Canadian bacon and scrambled eggs on the deck this morning.

This'll be another busy day as I have a doctor apointment this morning to get the results of my last bloodwork and also have to make a bunch of pies for a sale tomorrow. Try not to get a reputation for making good pies or they'll ask you every time. This sale is to benefit our Cemetery upkeep so I need to do it. Otherwise, all my female relatives buried there will haunt me!

I have a chicken cacciatore recipe to try in the crockpot today. I'll add lots of extra veggies because I am shirking a bit on that part of my eating.

So what's happening on your stretch of sand?
Old 07-29-2005, 07:46 AM   #2  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin', Ruth! Wow, everyone must be sleeping in today. WAKE UP!! Everyone keeps talking about this Canadian Bacon. I think on my next trip to the store I'll have to buy some and see what it's all about. I'm not a huge fan of bacon but I'll have to try this stuff. It looks more like ham, does it taste like fried ham when it's cooked?
Old 07-29-2005, 07:56 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Hi Pearshapew. What a sleepy bunch! I've done some chores and have my pastry made and chilling. The Girls are back to sleep on the couch in the cool back room.

Canadian bacon is not smoked so it's not quite like ham. It is pork loin which is brine cures and then rolled in cornmeal (used to be peameal). It's very lean and needs a bit of spray in the pan before you cook it. You can also roast the whole piece.

Here's a picture:
Old 07-29-2005, 08:01 AM   #4  

Goodmorning everyone!! I have never posted on the daily thread before, but theres a 1st for everything right!! I always try to read everyones posts and do enjoy the info and ideas I get from them. I have to say...the other day I was scrolling through the FAQ and came across a thread on Laughing Cow Cheese that is a least 1 year old and I decided to read through it (I have never had that kind of cheese, wanted some info on it) anyway, I was almost in tears reading it, you all are funny, I was highly entertained! To anyone who is looking for a laugh, you should read it too!! Hope everyone has a great day, I'm off to take my kids to swim class!!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:03 AM   #5  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Ahh, beautiful morning! Woke up to the patter of light rain. Our heatwave has broken!!

Today, since Miss Mary is in Reno, enjoying herself with 2500 of her closest writer friends, (pout, pout) I'm meeting with one of my fellow left-behinds, instead. She might become a regular member of the group again. I hope so. She's nice and I like her writing.

Okay, I've come to the decision that beef hates me...if I eat it at night. Once again, I had beef for dinner and all night and into this morning, I feel like I have a boat anchor in my tummy. Guess I'll just have to start saving the beef for weekends only. What a bummer!

Ruth, you could start making those pies and selling them yourself...make a nice little income for yourself!

Pear, I think that Canadian bacon is basically a smoked pork tenderloin that's been thin sliced. Is that ham? It tastes okay, but I'm not wild about it. I can do just as well with turkey bacon or beef. The only actual bacon that gets my neurons firing is rasher bacon like they have in UK, Scotland and Ireland. Man, that stuff is AWESOME!! Wish they'd sell it here...I'd be first in line to buy it!

Okay, I'm outta here! Hope you all have a Mahlvalous day on the Beach!!!

Mamacita
Old 07-29-2005, 08:40 AM   #6  

Good Morning ladies -

Quick drive by - have to get to work.

Ruth - how would those pies do in shipping? Ya know - UPS, FedEx - something like that? My address is............

Mama ~ Our heatwave has ended also - for now - MORE really bad storms last night - over 2" of rain in my thingie in the yard. We go from drought to flood. No happy medium. Sorry about the beef thing. I would DIE without a big juicy steak every now and again. Have fun with the writing friend

Welcome 3 girls

Good morning Pear - Fungus on fungus - HMMMM - Sound like some people I know

Will check back in later - hope everyone has a great day
Old 07-29-2005, 09:09 AM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Thanks for the tips on the bacon, Ruth and Mama!

Raneysmom: Too true, but some people I know are not nearly as beneficial and useful as fungus is....just spacetakeruppers on this planet ! Make room for the fungus!!!! (Crap...now I'll be know as the fungus girl...great )

I just had the best tofu omelette ever!! OK, I think I'm officially out of my egg-o-phobic phase now!! Yay!! I posted the recipe because I know all you gals are just dying to eat some tofu in the morning...hehe!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:10 AM   #8  
Kyemom

Morning all....I made beans last night...very yummy..thanks to all who educated me!!!...I was gonna have some for breakfast this morning. I put them into a gladware dish to bring to work. Then, I knocked off of the counter onto the floor....and beans went everywhere....Not starting my day off so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I ebded up with V8, cheese stick , and sliced chicken lunch meat....This day has got to get better!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:11 AM   #9  
Kyemom

What does Tofu taste like?
Old 07-29-2005, 09:16 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

If I told you what I think tofu tastes like, Suzanne would fire me!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:17 AM   #11  
Kyemom

LOL......that bad huh???
Old 07-29-2005, 09:18 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Toe jam comes to mind.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:35 AM   #13  

Morning ladies!

Ruth Toe jam..... sounds divine.

After dinking around with Weight Watchers the last few weeks, I am heading back to 'da beach. I need to cut my cravings for some of these foods that although are lowfat and not high caloris- become so when I eat too much of them! I have lost a pound or two this month, but really need to clean up my eating. DH is going to join me, which always makes it easier. I think he is more that willing to wait until Monday, but we are starting tomorrow!

I have a surprise planned for him this evening- two of my girlfriends are going to watch my girls. We are going to drop them off and then I am taking him out for dinner. We haven't had an ounce of alone time since well before the baby was born, so this should be lovely!

Off to check out FAQ to refresh myself on SBD.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:45 AM   #14  

Now, Ruth, some people really like tofu (but not me...)

pearshape - We use Canadian Bacon when we make pita bread pizzas. Kroger sells a Hormel brand that is sliced to the size of pepperoni. You can also buy it sliced thicker.

3!Girls - I remember that thread on Laughing Cow. It was really funny. Today is the last night of swim lessons for my son. They've been swimming laps across the pool but he still doesn't swim the backstroke straight for a long distance.

Mama - that cold front really broke our heat too but only for two days. We're back up into the 90's today with a yellow ozone day. Enjoy it while you have it.

Rayneysmom - Hi!

kyemom - Sorry about your beans. I hate cleaning up messes in the morning.

Me - I have not gotten in my exercise lately and I am really missing it. I've been having to rush home and get dinner fixed so Brian can eat before swim lessons and then by the time I eat it is too late to want to exercise.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 AM   #15  

Kiko - Hi! That sounds like a wonderful surprise for your husband. Welcome back to the beach!
Closed Thread