Support Groups - Weight Loss & Chit Chat #138

View Full Version : Weight Loss & Chit Chat #138

FrouFrou
07-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Hi & WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies Weight Loss & Chit Chat thread! :wave:

We are a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey. As well as sharing our daily lives.

Please feel free to join us! :cofdate:

FrouFrou
07-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Good morning ladies

I went ahead and started the new thread since my post would have put it right at 50, hope that's okay.

Sorry for being MIA, too much going on around here and I have been so emotional with DS#2 joining the Army and to top it off it is TOM. Trying not to think about it but he leaves Aug. 10 for 15-18 weeks of training then will be home for a few weeks before being sent to who knows where. Actually, it is between a few places, Italy, North Carolina and somewhere else, can't remember. Now I really have to find a job or volunteer to keep my mind off him being gone. DS#1 is planning on moving out in Sept.-this house is going to be waaaay too quiet. Anyway...

Marti~WTG on joining the gym! :bravo: Hope you guys find something fun to do this weekend.

Angie~ugh! You reminded me of all the shredding I need to do. I have a box full, and two baskets full that are waiting. You would not believe the amount of credit card & loan offers we get in a week, not to mention all the other junk. If it is just our name on the label I tear that off and rip it up when going through the mail. But the rest they put your full name all over this big long page, jeez! :bravo: on being nominated for best manager!

A big WELCOME to you Beth! Looking forward to getting to know you.Sounds like you guys are getting the same weather we are (KS). It definitely is a nice change from the 3 digit weather we've been having. Dr Phil's book is great, I have it and have been rereading it, also have it on CD which I think is better, just something about his stern voice.

Hi to everyone else! :wave:

Sorry, this is a short post. Today is DS#1 BD and I need to get in the shower before he gets home. He had a meeting with his boss early this morning and then we are going shopping so he can spend his BD money and I am taking him for his BD lunch.

Take care ladies and have a TERRIFIC Thursday! :flow1:

odbeth
07-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Good morning all~~
I'm beginning to get around better on the website and I could hardly wait to get online this morning.

Cristi---I'm assuming DS#1 is your oldest son....what does the D stand for and how old is he today? I hope ya'll have a fun day shopping. Has he already got plans for what he's spending his BD money on? How many children do you have? Which reminds me...I finally found my bio but how do you get to everyone else's? And could you explain to me why you had to start a new thread? Is there a limit of posts to one thread?

Marti--thanks for the emails helping me along. Where do you work at night?

I'm going to try to finish mowing this morning before it gets too hot. We've had a few days of cooler weather but it's supposed to start climbing again today. My dad--bless his heart---came out yesterday (I live out of town about 15 miles) and worked on my lawnmower for me. Our school starts on the 15th and the teachers have to go in on the 8th so my summer is about over. I also wash dishes at a little restaurant 3 nights aweek....last night was one of my nights. Wednesday nights I usually get home around 10:30 but Friday and Saturday nights it's always between 12:00 and 1 am. Makes me really tired on Saturdays and Sundays.

Well enough of my rambling. I'd better get busy around the house.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Beth

Mom2Gaby
07-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Coming up for air.

Just wanted to say hello. I won custody of Gabrielle on Tuesday.

I move over the weekend. I am applying for a co manager position to keep full time. Means moving and not unpacking til I see if I get the job - lol. It means almost double the pay and living off site. It means growing up and beliving I can do it.
I can.

Mike threw some nasty things at me at court. So, that upset me for awhile.

Judge found him unstable and ordered visits through an agency that provides supervised visitation in Portland until he can find a place in town for visits.He won't be able to take her to the coast til he does the custody evaluation. He ordered that he has a phone and I can call 1 time while he has her in his care.

Mike thought his fathers place .....but funny.........His ex had it written in her restraining order that Mike couldn't go to his own fathers house. So, Mike will have to figure how to change that for visits to happen.

Ordered to pay $300 of my attorneys fee's. Which seemed to be his biggest reaction. What a jerk.......

better get! Sorry..............HI to everyone!

Marti
07-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Hello Ladies--

Cristi--Hi there! I'm so sorry that you're feeling sad about DS going into the Army. I would be an emotional wreck too! I am sending you a great big hug your way!! (((((HUGS))))) Enjoy the BD lunch today!!

Beth--I work as Specimen Processor at OML. (Oregon Medical Labs) Very easy job. As for restarting a post. We decided that at 50, we would restart the thread because some computers are slower than others and it takes a long time for the page to load up. It seems to help a little if we start over after 50. And anyone can start a new thread.

Susan--I'm doing a dance for you and Gaby! :dancer: It's about time! So happy for you. And the I know you can get the full time job your applying for too!!...........How are you & Rocky doing? How long is his visit?

Hello to all the other gals!!

Well it's hot in my house and I don't have my AC on yet. So, I'm going to turn that on and then head to the showers. Sure wish it was Friday already!!

Talk to you all later!

Mom2Gaby
07-28-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks!! Gabrielle is just so special ( I know.....all parents think this about their children.......but she really is...lol)
I am thrilled that a judge saw past his bs and God must have had a hand in placing Mike before him on his eviction - how cool is that?

He went on and on about how we just want him in jail. Which is not true. I just want him held for his responsiblity in bringing a child into the world.

Rocky is a sweetie.

His son is a pain. We haven't even really had a chance to talk. Though last night we sat after the kids went to bed. Kris just takes all his time and if he continues to be mean to Gaby I am going to blow my stack.

They are out fishing today and have gone to 2 baseball games.

Just pulled me letter of interest for the last position, revised for this Site Manager one and ,,,,,,ready to hand in,,,,,,,,,

Lord get me off this treadmill.......lol.

Tea Rose
07-28-2005, 05:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/tearose1/hellolittlegirl.jpgHi Everyone
Sorry I haven't been around for so long , a lot of things to settle in my life,my son is moving out Sept 1st so my whole support system is gone.I will truly be alone. To many changes for one year actually in 6 months. I don't have as frequent an access to the computer as I did, still waiting for the other computer to get hooked up for me, I seem to do a lot of waiting nowadays.The decorating hasn't been going to well, kinda fell apart, actually I kinda fell apart . I will pop in a much as I can, maybe things will be more settled when I am alone .I don't know how I feel about it yet, but the way things have been lately,maybe its best this way, I don't know. I just wanted to say Hi and to say I miss you all very much, I am so Happy for you Susan,finally some closure.(((((HUGS TO YOU AND GABY)))). Cristi I can't imagine what your going through, my son is moving and I know how that makes me feel.(((((HUGS FOR YOU)))) Angie so happy your cast is off ,(((((HUGS TO YOU)))) (((((( HUGS TO YOU ALL)))))) I feel like a duck out of water now , its been so long since I have been here, hopefully you are not all fedup with me dissappearing all the time, Its been a rough year.Its been brutally hot here, unbearably so, I have no air conditioning so I spend a lot of time in my room with the fans on.I hope that everyone is doing well, I really haven't kept up with everyones posts I am sorry to say, but I will try and keep up the best I can for now.Maybe in the fall things will settle down here, or maybe its wishful thinking. I will try and pop in again soon, hopefully you still want me here. I do hope you are all enjoying your summers, inspite of the heat.Bye Girls :wave:
PS: Welcome Beth
LORD GET ME ON A TREADMILL :tread:

tommysgirl18
07-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Marti~ Baby is growing. I swear I am getting bigger by the day.

Beth~ Welcome to the group!

we go next Friday, the 4th, for our follow up ultrasound. So we should know whether we are having another boy or a girl. I did the one hour GTT and thankfully I didn't have to fast with it this time. Next appointment is 8/8 and we are officially on 2 week appointments now.

as for the weight gain, hasn't been as much this pregnancy. I think I have gained about 13 to 15lbs already. But with how I have been eating lately, I am sure I will gain the right amount. Hopefully it will come off easy.

sorry for the quick fly by.....trying to check my email quickly and get ready for dinner. Coney dogs and who knows to go on the side!

Marti
07-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Just a quickie since I've got to get myself ready for work soon.

Susan--Of coarse Gaby is special!!! And we feel she's just as special too. She's our little internet sweetie. She has many "Aunt's" and "Grandma's" here. Just so you know!!

Ellen--I'm SO happy to hear from you! We've all missed you. It's ok that you don't post all the time. When things are tough at home, it's very understandable. Just know that we are here for you! Lots of hugs from us all to you!! (((((HUGS)))))) :grouphug:

Mindee--Just keep us posted on the baby. We just had a girl at work have a baby yesterday. She had a little girl. She wasn't due until the 9th of August...so she was just a wee early.

Ok....off to shower and dress.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

odbeth
07-29-2005, 01:49 AM
Just thought I'd pop in before going off to bed.
Ellen---thanks for the welcome. I love that woman on your bio. I can't tell you how many times I feel just like that except bigger...Is your son moving far away? My youngest son lives and works with his dad---just about 15 minutes away but I very rarely get to see him....one because he works so much and two because he's 17 soon to be 18 and what free time he has he wants to see his friends. We have a pretty good relationship, so it's okay. When he first left (in December), I just didn't know what I was going to do with myself. I found I was very busy though getting to do things I wanted to do, started going to movies with some ladies without feeling guilty about someone being at home alone....didn't have to cook unless I wanted to.....then when I got kinda used to it, my son that's 22 asked to move back in and be close to his work. It's great---he's old enough to pay for his own way, does his own thing, and is sweet enough to fix things for me when they break. My point is after all of that rambling is that it's never really the same but they still float in and out and you will always be their mom. I think it has been nice to see that transition of being the parent to also become their adult friend. I saw where you did decorating. I've always wished I was creative in that sense. I see things that I like but don't have a clue how to get there or pull it all together. You'd probably be itching to get your hands on my old house and decorate it. My granddad and grandmother built it back in 1945--a very small stucco house built with cinder blocks. Even though it's falling apart, I just love it out here. My whole family is always trying to get me to move to town, but I just don't think I could stand it. Anyway my thoughts are with you during this transition---we'll have to get creative and suggest things for you to do!!!!!we'll try to keep it relatively clean!

I love you gals---It means alot to me to be able to visit with you and get to know you.
Didn't do to bad on my eating today...just didn't get near enough water and my feet always get real swollen when I don't drink lots. My daughter made me a dream folder and it's got a place to write down what I eat and that seems to help me some.

Have a good night all

Beth~~~I am a strong and happy woman!

Katiecat
07-29-2005, 03:56 AM
As usual, I pop in and read, but haven't posted in a while...lots of things have been going on.

Susan -- Yay that you got a sane judge!!! :judge: (wow, I finally got to use that smilie!) :lol: You know we are all happy for you and Gabrielle. Glad Rocky is finally there to visit. How old is his son? Maybe he's really feeling insecure right now, worried that his dad will have less time or less love for him if he loves someone else. Hard for kids to understand that when you have more people you love, your heart just gets bigger and they all fit into your life just fine.

Ellen, good to see you again, as always. Post whenever you feel like you can...lots of times I feel too down to write anything, or feel like it would all sound negative and bring everyone down...but even then, it's nice to read all about everyone's goings on -- RosieKate's knitting clapotis, and Angie's latest play, and Jane's granddaughters and can-do attitude, and Mindee's baby on the way, and Susan's adventures with Gabby, and Marti's upbeat attitude, and Cristi's trips to Hallmark that result in surprise cards in our mailboxes...even if I still can't write anything, it makes me smile and makes the day better.

Beth, very nice to meet you :wave: This is an awesome group. If you are looking for encouragement and support, this is the place.

Cristi...hon, I feel for you. My oldest son graduated high school, and joined the Air Force. I so did not want him to go, he's such a smart young man, and a very talented artist...he had wanted to go to art school. But he signed up for 6 years active, and two years reserve. I wanted to smack him, but he was over 18 and had to make his own decision. Didn't make it any easier, though. And he hates the Air Force, and is sorry he signed up for so long, but he has to stick it out now, there's no other choice for him. He was stationed in Diego Garcia for a while, but he's back in South Dakota. As long as he's not in Afghanistan or Iraq, I will breathe a sigh of relief. I wish nobody's kids were over there.

I can't type much more right now...I've been having lots of problems with my right arm -- overuse on the computer at work -- and it's hurting tonight. They sent me in for physical therapy, and I hope it starts improving soon. My knee is also messed up (I fell on concrete), so I start physical therapy for that tomorrow too. My blood pressure was really high, 150 over 100, so now I'm on bp meds *sigh* I feel like I hit 41 and started falling apart. Tim signed us up for a gym membership today through his work -- really nice place. I will talk to the physical therapist tomorrow and find out what I can do at least for now -- maybe treadmill, :tread: or swimming, since they have a nice pool. I don't even care what I look like in a swimsuit anymore. I need to do something about my weight, because it sure isn't helping my overall health. And I'm planning to go back to Weight Watchers this Saturday morning. It's worked for me before -- I just have to remember that it's a permanent lifestyle change and stick with it. Tim might even go with me...maybe we'd do better if we work on this together. :goodluck:

Counting down to Ireland...about 50 more days! Got my passport in the mail...

OK, bedtime for me...talk to you soon :)

Marti
07-29-2005, 07:23 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Beth--I'm so glad that you're liking it here. We enjoy having you here and getting to know you too! I'm curious, what does your dream folder contain? Is it like a journal? Sounds like a great idea.

Katie--Hi!! So happy that you popped in for a bit to catch up. Always good to hear from you. I'm sorry that you hurt your arm and your knee! Hope you heal quickly. How wonderful that your DH is going to join you at the gym. And don't let him think about joining you on WW, just tell him he is! :D

Well, Monday is the day we start working out. And it will be the first day back to work w/out any cigarettes. I'm feeling pretty good about it all. I talked to a lady I work with who had joined the gym awhile ago and I told her that we should figure out a motivation plan to keep us going. And so we've been trying to figure some stuff out that we could do. I'm going to mull it over the weekend and then by Monday see what we came up with.

Ok....I need to climb into bed and get some shut eye. Very sleepy.

Night girls!

RosieKate
07-29-2005, 10:53 AM
As usual...a quick hello from me today -
We are getting ready to go to Seattle today...DH's Gma is turning 95 so there will be a big party on Sunday. We are going up early to play ;) Think we'll take the kids to Pike St. and Woodland Park Zoo....also going to see DH's other Gma who is 98 and in Snohomish( Native American for "God's Waiting Room , lol!)

I put in a bid for some yarn on Ebay to make that clapotis. The best yarns are predictably way too expensive. I found a pretty good deal on some silk/wool combo....keeping my fingers crossed I won't get outbid, but if it happens, well, it happens. Meanwhile I plug away at the wrap sweater.

Been on the "viral" diet for the last few days, :p but today I am back to normal and lost more pounds with the tummy flu than I ever did on Fast Track...not that I'd ever recommend it to anyone.

Have a great Weekend everyone, and I'll chat with individuals when I get back

Welcome Beth - this is a great group of women
Welcome back Ellen - so great to see you posting again

suetalks
07-29-2005, 12:35 PM
So much good news on Jaded Ladies!!
Susan- Wonderful, wonderful about the custody. My faith in the judicial system is restored. (Details about Rocky's visit please??)
Ellen- Wonderful, wonderful to see you here. Life throws us curves sometimes and things look bleak, but remember you have friends who care for you right here in cyberspace. Come back when you can. I have been lousy about posting this summer, but nice to know this place is always here.
Beth- Wonderful, wonderful to see that you have gotten comfy here and I hope to talk to you lots.
Katiecat, Katy, Marti, Cristi, Mindee- Wonderful, wonderful to see you once again. I am glad to come in and read the posts. Happy week-end to you and to all the other JL's out there.

My computer is finally working...for now. The weather is not as hot and humid, so our A/C is off and we are airing out the house. I am getting ready to paint the cabinets in both bathrooms and just touch up some other paint.
Mom is still having alot of pain from her broken arm and is concerned that they wil start therapy while she is still hurting. The pain pills seem to make her nauseous. I am staying with her tomorrow and then 3 days next week (unless I can talk her into coming here)

I have been walking my 2 miles a day even though a couple days were really hot. Loved it when it cooled down and am looking forward to Fall already. The eating is pretty stable this week except for one mis-step at Taco Bell. (I DID pass on the sour cream tho) I bought the best watermelon and it is getting me through the rough spots when I want something sweet.

Okay, off to paint. Have fun and hey gals, try to be good!

FrouFrou
07-29-2005, 01:55 PM
A very good Friday morning ladies!

Wow, so much going on since I posted yesterday, you ladies have been a chatty bunch.

Katy~enjoy your weekend in Seattle! Wishing I was there with you guys.

Ellen~so glad to see you posting, and of course we want you to check in when you can. Sorry, to hear about DS moving out-seems to be going around. :cry: But we will be fine missy. (((((HUGS))))) to you. :grouphug:

Beth~DS=dear son or as I say/think darling son. The BD boy turned 25! :yikes: makes me feel really old! Son #2 is 23 and is the one who joined the Army. I also have a 21-year-old daughter. Didn't have much of a shopping day because he had to stay at work for the better part of the day. So we did lunch and rushed through one store so he could get some khakis for work. His cake is still sitting on the table untouched!

Susan~yay!!! I am so happy for you and little Miss Gaby! I knew given time Mike would dig himself into a hole and the judge would finally see the light, thank god! And yes, Gaby is a special little girl to us all. :grouphug: Hope you are having a nice time with Rocky. Good luck with the job, keeping my fingers :crossed: that you get it. And enjoy your new place! Make sure and send me your new address.

Marti~I know with your co-worker/friend you guys will work out something. Geez, everyone's joining a gym or exercise class...makes me want to. Of course I have an exercise room which is sad because I hardly ever use it, I'm just not motivated to do anything right now.

Katiecat~so sorry to hear about your arm and knee. Hope they get to feeling better soon. Also, WTG on you and DH joining the gym! I do hope he joins WW with you. When DH and I did it together it was GREAT! Nothing like having that support system. DS said he had to sign up for 4 years because he signed up for Airborne. Why the kid wants to jump out of planes is beyond me. I know he is looking for some excitment but geez, didn't have to join the Army to get it! You are right in that they do have to make their own decisions. I told him "It kills me that you did that but you are old enough to do it and I know I have to let you be your own person." Besides he has been wanting to for a few years, guess the timing wasn't right for him then. I just know I am going to miss him really bad. Loved your post by the way!

Mindee~ok, can't keep track but how far along are you now? Is the baby due in Oct.? Hopefully you find out the sex next time you go, that is, if you want to know. How is Brandon doing? Does he realize yet he will have a baby brother or sister soon?

Hi Sue! I saw that you had posted after I submitted this novel. Hope your mom gets to feeling better soon. I need to air my house out also, it is smelling kind of damp or something from having the air on for so long but it has been too hot!

Hi to Jane, Dee, Pam, Angie, Terri-Lee, Anita and everyone else! :wave:

Well, yesterday turned out to be a sort of bad day. DS#1 and I did make lunch and a very quick, and I do mean very quick shopping spree to Old Navy. We were in and out...he said I need this, I need that, and this is nice...and we were gone. :lol: He actually bought 3 pair of khakis and 3 shirts and then I was off to the emergency room to pick up DS#2. He came home from work about 10 mns. before I was to leave to meet DS#1-he twisted his ankle really bad. I swear it looked broke so I had to take him to the emergency room to make sure. Seems mean but I walked him in, signed him in and then headed across town to meet DS#1. He couldn't get off from work after all because of his bosses boss calling and saying things need to be done in the store which is a bunch of BS. The kid is working almost 100 hours a week! :yikes: I told him yesterday there is no job worth not having a life. He can't live and breathe that place. Not to mention it was one lady's last week and another called to say she would bring her shirts in and wouldn't be coming back. I feel for the kid. So anyway, DS#2 just has a badly sprained ankle and is supposed to stay off of it for 4 days and DS#1 I guess willl have his BD cake next year! :dunno: :shrug: And I am thankfully glad that the week is over! I swear I am going to loose my mind! Oh, no wait...I am already there! :crazy: I am seriously thinking about running away! :lol: Oh how I wish I could. Anyway...here's to a good weekend for everyone and a better week next week! :cheers: Not sure what we are doing this weekend, not sure if V is working or not. Probably work on the yard and the brick on the patio. He started it last weekend and did in between two of the concrete squares. Now he has to just do the outline of it. So...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend! :wave:

Marti
07-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Hello again ladies--

Boy, sometimes I wonder if I sleep!

Katy--Sorry to hear that you were sick. Being sick in the summer is just plain miserable. It's good to hear that you're feeling much better. So I've got to ask, the yarn that you need for that clapotis, is it a special kind of yarn?? Or just too expensive and that's why you went to e-bay?
Have lots of fun celebrating birthdays and going to the zoo!

Sue--I'm so proud of you that you're still walking even though this heat is just misarble! Do you walk early mornings or late evenings? I'm so w/you about being ready for the Fall to get here. I've never been a Summer kind of gal (and my ghost white legs will prove it! :D ) and the Fall just has a lot of good memories for me now that I've been w/James. Fall is my favorite!

Cristi--I think having an exercising room would be wonderful, but I can see where it's "hard to get motivated" part when you don't have anyone to work out w/you. I have plenty of stuff here at home too. But the idea of getting together w/a few girls at work seems to motivate me more into exercising than pulling out all the things I have here at home. My gazelle is still being used, just not everyday like it was. I'm so ashamed. But hopefully I will start using it more again after I get going in the gym.

Well I got to spend about 20mins w/James this morning. I mean, he was here when I got home but asleep. Then he got his call to go to KFalls and off he goes. I told him that I miss him so much now that he's gone all the time and he just hugged me and told me that in a month it will be better. And by the holidays he should be able to pin himself to an Engineer and have the holidays off. I sure hope so.

I have Jhanai this weekend!! Going to keep ourselves busy.

Ok....today is my early day and today the "Relay for Life" has started so I'm going to get myself ready and go very early and walk w/my friend from work. So I told her that I would make it there for her. (she took today off for this)

Take care ladies and I'll check in after work.

Jane
07-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Hiya ladies! :wave:

Angie - yay for the honor of being chosen best manager! You never cease to amaze me!! Btw, I can just see you hacking away at the cast on your foot, lol!!!!!

Cristi - aww, I know I'd be emotional too with a son joining the service. Before Katie even graduated last May, the armed forces offices started calling the house for her, and I politely told them she wasn't interested. Sorry to hear about the other son's sprain. Hope your weekend is more relaxing.

Beth - so glad you've found a home here. :) This bunch of ladies is the best on the boards. But of course, I could be a tad prejudiced, lol. I live in the country, like you, and wouldn't trade it for anything! People who visit marvel at all the peace and quiet that I take for granted.

Susan - YAY for the custody win!! And I hope you get the position you want, too.

Marti - thanks for covering while I've been out. I've been having lots of fun, though! I can't tell you how very, very proud I am of you for quitting smoking, and it sounds like you have some good plans going on to make sure you can handle the work situation. The Relay for Life around here is held in May and Katie was involved this year. It's such a worthy cause!

Ellen - so glad to see you again, girlfriend!!!!! And thanks for re-doing the bio I erased on accident. I can be such a doofus at times! :dizzy: If your kids are growing up and moving out, it's just proof that you've done your job right. Kids are supposed to leave the nest. Remind me that I said that when Katie wants to move, lol. I cried when both of my other two moved, and I know I'll cry when she does, too. If you get too lonely, just come here, ok, and we'll try to keep you company.

Mindee - good luck with the ultrasound next week! Do you have a preference for the sex? A little girl would be nice since you have a son already. And the name "Jane" goes best with a girl.... you are naming this child after me, aren't you? ;)

Katiecat - so you think I have a "can do" attitude?? I smiled when I read that because I struggle so much of the time with maintenance. It made me feel so good to read that. Sorry about your arm and knee and hope they start feeling better soon. My knees don't bother me very much anymore since I've lost the weight. I'd feel even better if I lost about 30 more! Hope you like the WW meeting tomorrow. Be sure and tell us all about it, ok? Wish I was going to Ireland with you!

Katy - have fun in Seattle! Yikes, sorry you had the tummy flu. Hope you win the yarn bid. eBay can be so addicting!! The purse I was carrying today is a vintage straw one I got off eBay last winter, and I just love it. Had one almost exactly like it in 1970, and don't know why I didn't keep THAT one, lol.

Sue - sorry about your mom's arm. Yep, Indiana watermelon can't be beat! I could be a little biased, lol.

Today is my sister Katie's birthday. I was at her house visiting and she insisted I go to lunch with her, her DH and DS. We had a good time, and I stayed OP. Tonight I'm going to the county fair with Neal and THIS year, I'm having a funnel cake. :s: I'm practically drooling on my shirt just thinking about it, lol.

Hope you gals have a great weekend! :cool:

da fat n da furious
07-30-2005, 01:31 AM
Funnel Cake thats gotta be like Elephant ears? Susan? Jane? Drolling on your shirt? Gawd I want some funnel cake.........whinnnnee

Jane,,,good for you about staying OP during lunch...
I wasn't going to go to the awards night,,,just so much going on right now but Shawna talked me into it. So now of course that means a new dress....*sigh *giggle like thats a hardship

Katy,,,yuck being sick sux,,,I had that horrible cold,,,but the flu is something I can do without. Ebay,,,*sigh Monte and his Ebay. Hope you win your yarn.

Katie,,,hey good to see you! Sorry about the knee and arm. Now you can be like Cristi and I.

Marti,,,I know you must miss James,,,gawd it makes me miss him for you. But this weekend you get to hang with your best girl.

Cristi,,,sometimes sprains are worse then breaks. (thats what I heard,,,not that I believe it since I just got a cast off) just continue to soak it lots and take advil and wrap...RICE= rest, ice, compression, and elevation. With the heat here,,,ya we finally have heat. Nothing compared to you all. My foot is swollen..Ive already had a bag of ice on it and will be soaking it more later.
Cristi, I don't know what to say about DS#2...just big hugs to you,,,sending strength cause I know you are so not wanting this.

Ellen? Is that you? Gawd have I ever missed you! please stay in touch more.

Hey Beth Welcome to our group! like you I have a 17 almost 18 yr old son,,,he lives here,,,kinda. Well I know he eats here for sure,,,I have found dirty plates near his bed.

Well Im staying another 6 weeks in reception...they loooooove me!,,,lol Gawd all I can say is my desk is like gossip central. I swear they lean up against it like they are about to do shooters.
I finished reading Nobody's baby but mine by Susan Jane Phillips...I laughed ,,,I cried,,,and repeat. I feel so down when I finish a good book.
Not much happening around here,,Miss Skittles has a fur appointment tomorrow...she's getting a pedicure and manicure too...lol And one of the ladies from work asked me if I would show her how to apply makeup.
What are your plans?

Marti
07-30-2005, 07:01 AM
Good Morning Ladies--

What a day I have to say!! I got the the "Relay for Life" and walked for two hours before work. And let me tell you.....there is no shade on the track! :lol: Poor atheletes.

My friend caught up w/me when I got there and I walked w/her. She was walking around w/her 2yr old son. And she had on her "survivor" t-shirt. I am so happy that she is able to be here to celebrate being a survivor.
Once I got to work some other co-workers asked me why she had her own team. I explained to them what she had gone through. (she had not told many people she had cancer only a few) They were just amazed at how strong she looks now. So a lot of them plan on going out there tomorrow to walk w/her. I knew people would ask, so I had asked my friend if it was ok to talk about it.

Jane--So glad that you are enjoying your time w/your family. That is what summers are all about. About the smoking....I'm pretty pleased w/my way of thinking this time around. It's going to happen and I feel amazing about it! And then talking w/some gals at work to come up w/a workout program is pretty nice too. It's all coming along!

Angie--I do miss James terribly. But you're right...I have my best girl this weekend. And next weekend my family is having a BBQ at my grandpa's and I will be picking her up for that too. She's SUCH a sweet angel (that's what I've been calling her lately) and she just keeps a big smile on my face!!

After I had picked up Jhanai, we decided to stop by the "Relay for Life" since it was on our way home. We did two laps before we went home. It was awfully late for her to be out there but she wanted to do it. In memory of grandma.

Ok...I'm rambling..it's about 3:00 and I have a Blackberry Jam Festival to go to tomorrow so I need to get some shut eye!

G'Night ladies!

Oh! BTW....Jane--Mindee's naming her daughter after me! Didn't she tell you? :D

odbeth
07-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Good Morning Gals:

Got up early this morn with my DS#2--Tanner. He gets up about 5:30 or 6:00 every morn. He manages a dairy that's about 10 miles west of my house. He's 22--moved out several years ago to go to college. After 2 years of going on and off he got this really good job at the dairy and just loves it. He moved back in with me and I just love it!! He's been great to help out around here when he can. Anyway, during the summer, I usually sleep until about 7:30 or 8:00, but you know how it is some days that you just can't sleep. I went on outside to water plants and it was absolutely gorgeous....it was so cool. I should have been doing this all summer. I've never been an early riser---more of a late nighter. But when I do get up early I just love it. It's staying up late reading that does me in I think. I've been reading a series by John Eldrigde that's pretty good. The first one I had a hard time getting into, but this second one (Journey of Desire) is great. The 3rd is called Wild at Heart then his wife has written a companion book that I'd like to read. I've never read anything by him before. I really like anything by Catherine Coulter, Sandra Brown, Nora Roberts, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, and Barbara Delinsky. Delinsky wrote one called Flirting With Pete---if you haven't read it I would recommend it!

Well, ladies, I'm 51 today. I can't believe it!! Have you ever seen that picture by Mary Englebreit where the old woman is looking in a mirror and her reflection is this young woman? I guess we always see ourselves younger or feel younger than we are. My kids are pretty much grown (ugh!!!) and I have 2 adorable grandkids that I don't get to see near as often as I'd like. Even with all the ups and downs, I have been so blessed. I get very disgusted with myself for carrying all this extra weight for so many years and missing out or just not doing things because of the weight. I makes me so mad at myself! So, this is the year for me ---I don't dare say that out loud to my family because I feel like they're thinking "Right ---and how many years have you been saying that?" That's why I feel so blessed to have found ya'll...I can say it to you...I don't think I've ever felt or known how important that support is. I've tried dieting...but it's been alone. I've tried fixing the right food for myself and something else for the family, but I felt alone. I've tried getting up early and exercising, but it's been alone. I don't mean to sound like poor me and I don't think my family understood how hard it was without their support---they loved me and if I lost weight okay and if not okay. That's why ya'll are so awesome---the support, the "I know what you're going through", the "I know how you feel", and this is what does or doesn't work for me. So thanks gals....
Gotta get ready to go to my neices baby shower--my daughter is also coming in from Oklahoma City today so it'll be great getting to see her.
Ya'll have a great day---sorry, I didn't mean to write a book!

Beth---I am a strong and happy woman!

Marti
07-30-2005, 02:44 PM
:hb: :gift: :hat: Happy Birthday Beth!!!!! :hat: :gift: :hb:

Beth--I hope you have a wonderful Birthday today! Are you doing anything special? We are all so happy that you found us. We enjoy having you here! And don't ever worry if you feel like you've written a book......I believe we've all writtten a novel somewhere! :D

Wanted to pop in real quick today before I leave. Will be out of town for the day. I will try to come in later on tonight.

Have a great Saturday!

Katiecat
07-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Good afternoon, ladies :wave:

Hope you are all having a great Saturday. Well, we did it -- Hubby the Technogeek and I went and joined WW. This will be...4th time for me, first time he's ever done this, I think the buddy system will really help. I've lost weight every other time, hit a plateau, got discouraged, and ended up quitting every time. I get it now, though -- it's a lifestyle change, can't go back. Even if the scale doesn't budge at all, at least I'll know I'm eating healthy and taking better care of myself. My BP scared me -- 150 over 100, now that I'm on meds it was 152 over 90, but that's still not good.

Good so far today, drinking water...minestrone soup (2 pts) and fresh pineapple (1 pt) for lunch...we can do this! My DH was sad but not surprised to find out his favorite candy bar is *gulp* 10 POINTS! EEK!!! :fr: But a regular 12 oz bottle of beer is 3 points. Everything in moderation :D

Need to clear out the cupboards and fridge now...see what we have, what we need to get rid of, what we need to get. I'm really craving cold watermelon right now, so that's definitely going on my shopping list.

We are going to a "Mock Rock" concert tonight -- four tribute bands -- Led Zepagain, Sticky Fingers (Rolling Stones), Which One's Pink? (Pink Floyd), and Hotel California (The Eagles). Should be a blast!

OK, my house is trashed, and I need to get started on the cupboard purging. Hope you all have a great day!

:moped:
off and running...
Katiecat

Katiecat
07-30-2005, 04:49 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH!!!

:D :hb: :cb: :hat: :gift: :flow2: :dancer: :woo:

da fat n da furious
07-31-2005, 12:01 AM
Happy Birthday Beth

:D :hb: :cb: :joker: :hat: :flow1: :cloud9: :woo: :queen: :encore: :cheer:

da fat n da furious
07-31-2005, 12:08 AM
Good evening Ladies,,,
Marti,,,I have to tell you, I really think you are a good friend to be backing your friend like that.

Beth,,,you have a son named Tanner? lol So do I...and hes DS#2 also..but hes only 12 going on 40. Sounds like we have the same favorite authoresses. I enjoyed Flirting with Pete. Right now Im reading Kiss an Angel but Susan Elizabeth Phillips,,,for what ever reason I keep saying her middle name is Jane,,,I think its cause Jane got me hooked on her. Have you read Nobody's Baby but Mine? I bawled,,,laughed...good book.
Katie,,,,thats great that hubby is going to be your buddy...

Well not much happening here,,,cleaned this house like you wouldn't believe...Im ashamed to say it was the first time Ive washed my floor in over a month,,,since they have invented them wet swifters,,,I don't get the mop out and scrub anymore.
Ive gotten alot of my water in today,,,it was a hot day....zizzling
Monte, Tanner and I went to a great Mexi place,,,Julio Barriero (sp) I died and went to heaven...I love corn salads,,,and refried beans,,and rice...I was in hog heaven.

Well I need to drink more water...then off to bed...going on a picnic with Becky and her boys tomorrow.

suetalks
07-31-2005, 12:26 AM
Hope everyone had a nice Sat. It was mid 80's here and breezy, but the humidity was high. Got 2 miles in tonight around 8 p.m. and still had to wring out my underwear when I got home..now that's HUMID. :)
I spent the day with Mom. My aunt who lives with Mom had appointments and shopping to do. Next week I will go stay there for 3 days so my aunt can go on a short trip with her son. Mom can't stay alone yet...she can't do so many things with just one arm and can't even walk her dog right now. Anyway, we will have a good time together. I am going to get a puzzle to work on and some kind of game for us. We love card games, but she can't hold cards and play with one hand....maybe Yahtzee or ???
CA daughter is coming for a visit in Aug. then we are going to Vegas to check on our house for 2 weeks and CA step-son is coming home for a visit after that. Would you believe both daughter and step-son are bringing their "love interests" home for us to meet? I think our youngest DS started something. DS and DD are both talking marriage..step-son hasn't yet.

I just finished There's No Place Like Home by Mary Higgens Clark and enjoyed it.

Hope your Sunday is sunny!

Marti
07-31-2005, 05:40 AM
Hello Ladies--

Today was another hot day. My brother came over and we drove to the little town that had the "Blackberry Jam Festival" and it was such a disappointment. NO JAM!! That was the reason we wanted to go. James called and I told him that there wasn't any around and he said that a co-worker said there was lots of it.....so we must have missed it somewhere. Had a good time anyway.

Katie--The concert sounds like lots of fun! Hope you enjoy it! Sorry to hear about your BP! I'm afraid of mine going back up. That's a BIG reason why I need to quit smoking. My high was 148/104.....so not good. Changing your diet and getting in exercise is going to help a lot. I'm SO happy to hear your hubby joined you at WW! :cp: What a great support! Keep us posted on how it goes for you.

Angie--Oh my.......if you're ashamed about your floors...then that means I should be too! :o I love that little swiffer thing, but I do need to actually drag the mop out and give the floors a GOOD cleaning! Especially since we have all wood floors! ok...I'm curious, what is corn salad? I've never had any, but it has intrigued me and I would like to try. :hungry: Anything that sends someone to heaven has got to be good! :)

Sue--I just had to laugh at your discription of how hot it is! :lol3: Wringing out the underwear?! Girl- that is HOT! :lol: How wonderful of you to spend time w/your mom while she's healing. Hope she heals quickly so she's not in so much pain. Ahhh...did I read that there is love in the air around your household? :love: Sounds like your family will be growing soon. And then after that......sounds of little feet pidder padding down the halls! :)

James is coming home tonight! Will be nice to sleep next to him. I started thinking that the bed belonged only to me since I've been waking up all sprawled out! :D
He goes back tomorrow, but at least I will see him longer than 20mins. since I won't be leaving for work. ***sigh*** time sure goes by slow when you're wanting to spend time w/a loved one.

Ok...I'm ready to get to bed. So off I go.

Chat w/you girls tomorrow!

Katiecat
07-31-2005, 05:07 PM
Happy Sunday, everybody... :sunny:

And it's definitely SUNday, ridiculously hot... :flame: :hot: yuck...I keep my AC set on 80 most of the time, and it still runs and runs...I'm afraid of what my electric bill is going to look like this month. :eek:

The concert was fantastic! I danced my butt off :cb: :dance: :jig: until my knee couldn't take it anymore, but it was a good workout. :strong: :ebike: The Eagles band and the Rolling Stones band were both good, enjoyable, fun...but the Led Zeppelin band and the Pink Floyd band were nothing short of phenomenal! It was especially great for me, because when I was growing up, Zeppelin was my favorite band, and I was supposed to see them on their upcoming tour, but John Bonham, the drummer, died on my 16th birthday :cry: But they were so good last night, I feel like I finally got to see Zeppelin...

And I was good...only one beer, 3 points! :lol:

Marti, I am very proud of you that you are quitting smoking. :bravo: The dr. told me 90 was really high for the bottom number on BP...I've been borderline for a long time. Once I hit 100 on the bottom she said we couldn't just "wait and see" anymore, I needed to be on medication to get it under control. I know that working out and losing weight will help mine, and I know the getting rid of cigarettes will help yours! Glad James is coming home too, even if just for a while...

Angie, I love Mexican food, too. Love to cook it, love to eat it :hungry: I'm looking for and experimenting with WW friendly recipes, and have found some ones that look good for Mexican food...it they come out as good as they sound, I'll post them on the recipe thread. And thanks a lot, you guilted me into mopping my kitchen floor! ;) Actually, it really needed it...

Jane, how many points in a funnel cake? Guess it depends what you put on it, too, hmm? :chin: That really is what I like about WW, though...you can eat whatever you want, you just have to plan for it. Like, if you wanted to eat an entire Blooming Onion from Outback (ugh, who would want to, too much and too rich), but if you wanted to, then you could just eat 0 pt soup for two days! :rofl: The meeting was great, the leader I really like is still teaching it, and remembered me and hugged me, even though I haven't been in almost 2 years. He's a guy that lost over 100 lbs on program -- he's encouraging, hilarious, and quite flamboyant :lol: His meetings are always jampacked because they are fun. Tim liked the meeting a lot, and there's more men that attend the Saturday morning meetings, so he wasn't the only guy in the room. It's really nice be working toward the same goal together. He's a stickler for measuring and tracking points, and will keep me on my toes. :coach:

Cristi, I totally feel for you about your son. I'm not happy that my son is in the military at all (without getting into politics or the war of course), but I can say that being in the Air Force has helped him to grow up. He still has a lot to learn, but he's learning, and that's the point. He still wants to go to art school once he gets out, and I hope he really does pursue that, or anything else that truly makes him happy.

Katy, no the stomach flu is not a good way to lose weight! Glad you are feeling better now, though. Good luck on your ebay bid -- isn't it fun when you win something you really want?

Sue, Fall is my favorite season, followed by Spring, then Winter, then Summer. I hate the heat! I just cubed up a seedless watermelon so it's handy to serve -- 1 C = 1 pt. I love it really cold right out of the fridge. :T: Cold, fresh pineapple is yummy too. Don't know what you usually crave at Taco Bell, but there are quite a few choices that aren't too bad. Some of it is pretty fresh and wholesome for fast food. Here is a list of point values, don't know if you are doing WW, but it gives you an idea of the healthier choices anyway --

http://www.***************.net/restaurants/taco_bell.htm

OK, I've yakked long enough, time to get some stuff done around the house. Hello to everyone else :wave:

tommysgirl18
07-31-2005, 08:22 PM
hello ladies.......

just quickly posting. Brandon got his first big boy booboo the other day. He slipped in the bath tub and got a cut over his left eye. It bled for a while, but then it was ice and some neosporin to help it heal. he woke up Saturday morning and his eye was a little bit swollen, but thankfully it closed up the gash.

I will be sure to try and get on here after we find out the gender, hopefully. as for a prefenerence, I don't really care, as long as it is healthy. Another boy would be nice because I already know how to take care of one. A girl would be nice as well, so then we could have one of each. so it doesn't really matter to me. tommy really wants to have another boy. we have finally agreed on a name for both a boy and a girl, and Tommy wants to keep it a secret until the baby is born.

other then that, well, Tommy called the lady about the apartment on Friday, and well, things are looking up for us. She told tommy that she thinks someone moved out Thursday night and when she knows for sure, then we will know. we don't know if it is a 2 or 3 bedroom. we are just happy that we are next in line!

tommysgirl18
07-31-2005, 08:23 PM
p.s. happy belated birthday Beth!

odbeth
08-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Thanks girls for the Birthday wishes.....I had a good day. Didn't do anything for my birthday but it was still a good day. My neice had a baby shower ---she's expecting a boy Aug 17. She got lots of wonderful things. I'm amazed at all the cool stuff they make now for babies and mommies. My DD came in from OK (she'd living with my brother and his wife until the fall semester starts and the neice that is having the baby is the daughter of my Oklahoma brother---so they all made the trip together). Anyway, I didn't get to see my daughter for very long but she's doing great. She moved to Oklahoma to work with my sister-in-law (real estate) for the summer and likes it so well she decided to transfer from San Angelo State University and go to University of Central Oklahoma. She can keep working and go to school. She is majoring in creative arts to do advertising and computer graphics. Marti---you asked earlier about the dream folder my DS had made...she's real into scrapbooking and all that neat stuff---we decided to diet this summer (more for support for me than for her) so she fixed this folder for each of us. She made about 2 weeks worth of pages for food journals with motivational quotes all over them. She cut out all kinds of feel good words, pictures of good food, and motivational people and glues all that all over. Then we both wrote down our dreams for where we would be in 5 years then 10....where we would be, what would it smell like, how it would look. They're really neat....something I will always treasure mainly because we spent so much time working on it together and it has so much of what we feel in it....she's my heart....
Anyway, after that I had to go to work and wash dishes until about 11:00 last night so that was my big day...

I did get all my water in today. I've been really looking into WW--online--and think I'll try that. I'm so ready to get started...I want to get going before I get back into school. So many of you seem to like it....Katie, I think that's great that your hubby is going with you. I checked out the site you posted and it looks great----thanks!! I have a really good friend where I teach---they had to move this summer, but she was a leader at WW ----she had lost 80lb and was on maintenance. She is such a wonderful living example of WW that it made me want to try it.

Another scorcher here today in the Texas panhandle---seems like all I do is water my flowers. I've almost given up trying to keep the yard green. Maybe this week will bring a little relief in rain.

Hope everyone has a great week. I love you gals!! You're great!

Beth~~~I am a strong and happy woman!

suetalks
08-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Another sunny hot day in IN, right Jane? Nothing exciting in my life today..just going for a haircut this afternoon. If I am keeping it short I must get a trim often. And I must say I do like keeping it short. Wash and wear, I say. Don't even rinse away the gray anymore and it is so liberating..haha.
I played hooky from church yesterday and baked DH biscuits for breakfast and a pan of cornbread for dinner. Got them done before the house got heated up. My neighbor brought me fresh tomatoes and some corn, so last night I fixed green beans and potatoes, corn, tomatoes and DH had his cornbread. It was yummy.
Looks like we are going to meet DD's new love and also step-son's gf this month. For some reason all of our kids have decided to come home from CA this summer and all 3 have new loves. Must be something in the air out there. Two of the three are talking marriage, but step-son hasn't mentioned that yet. He is 34 and never married, so I imagine he is taking his time.
I walked yesterday....2 miles, and ate OP, when is the weight going to budge? I DO feel good and all of my 14's slacks are too big, so I can't complain.

I will be going to Mom's tomorrow to stay for 3 days, so you JL's be good!

.....off to clean, if I must!...

tommysgirl18
08-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Beth~ Your niece is due on my birthday!

just checking in to see if I missed anything.

FrouFrou
08-01-2005, 02:59 PM
A very Happy August 1st ladies!

Where has the time gone??? I can't believe a new month is upon us already. What's weird is I was coming home this morning from running some errands and a neighbors maple tree has already turned! The leaves are a bright orange/red and are falling off! Doesn't that seem a little early? Fall is almost upon us, but oh so pretty!

Well, it took a while to read all the posts (you ladies have been chatty over the weekend) and now unfortunately I don't have time to post.

:woo: :hat: :gift: :hb: A very belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Beth! :hb: :gift: :hat: :woo:

I will try and be back a little later to do individuals, possibly this evening. For now hope everyone is enjoying their day.

Have a good one ladies! :wave:

Jane
08-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Hiya ladies, :wave:

Angie - so did you get your new dress yet? When you do, let us in on what it looks like. I gave my swiffer do-hickey to Mary. It was fine at first, then for some reason, would leave sudsy places on the floor. So now I'm back to the mop and pail. <sigh> Oh, the trials and tribulations of a domestic goddess!!

Marti - I like how you said "it's going to happen" in regards to your quitting smoking. In the past you have said, "try" and "someday" so I can tell a real difference in your determination. Hey, I've been making fresh blackberry jelly. Too bad you don't live closer - I'd share.

Beth - Happy Belated Birthday!! I'll be 52 in Sept. Glad you had fun at the baby shower, and yes, it amazes me what cool things they have for babies now.

Katiecat - never fear, the scale will go down just fine as long as you stay OP. Did you get the cupboard purging over with? Neal says our garbage disposal eats better than we do, lol. I copied the Fair Foods Points from Dotties onto my clipboard, but didn't print them yet. The funnel cake was bigger than the 6" she listed, but the good news is, I ate very little of it. I didn't eat any of it at the fair, but brought it home, and Mary's family was playing in the yard, so everyone, especially the kids, broke off some to eat. What little bit I did have was a disappointment! I forgot just how greasy they are. The kids had powdered sugar all of them, lol.

Sue - enjoy your time with your mom. It's funny that we're both substitute dog walkers for those who can't do it, lol. Sounds like you are going to have a busy, eventful August.

Mindee - I sure do hope you and your little family get an apartment soon. Is it in the same town as where you are now?

Cristi - leaves turning colors is one of my all time favorite nature delights. If you had drought conditions as we did in Indiana, that can hurry up the turning process.

Ladyhyjinx - if you're reading this, you've found the right place, so just jump in! :)

I've been doing well with the treadmill. I didn't realize how much I've missed mine since I burned the motor up, lol. Too bad I don't have a place for one here at the house, but since I drive to town to walk Kathy's dog, it's not much more of a hassle to drive to the Y.

Not much else going on, so I'll see you later....

da fat n da furious
08-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Cristi,.,,,,I know when Im insanely busy trying to get all my stuff done you guys start a mini series on posts...I usually end up being a thread of two behind...lol

Jane,,,I went with Becky and my friend Lori for a funnel cake last night,,,East Side Marios has then,,,it was down right delish! Icecream melting on the hot cake,,,with strawberries like mini mountains all over...I came close to licking the bowl...I have some control. (barely)
Im not sure what Im going to wear,,,,Im thinking my black skirt with pink piping which Ive never worn with my polka dotted shirt that matches it.

Brandon just got home from his weekend camping,,,and boy is he smelly!

I had such a nasty cold 2 and half weeks ago,,,felt better a few days ago but yesterday I started to feel sick again,,,went to the walk in, and ya I do have an enflamed throat with some funky colors...*whimper
Just got our receipt for our rental house in Cali! I am getting excited! Im waiting for Monte to get the Disney tickets,,,gawd they are pricey...every time we go it has gone up 20 bucks each I swear.
Well I should get the kitchen cleaned up...
toodles

odbeth
08-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Was just reading some of the posts and thought I'd pass this on....

I'm sorry you're not feeling well Angie---I'm such a baby when I have a sore throat, but I thought I'd pass on some old home remedies that really work for me....this from my grandmother-- a cup of warm salt water with about a TBL each of vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Gargle a cup about every 3 hours. A nurse told me that vinegar kills a virus and peroxide kills bacteria. It's very soothing....of course you don't swallow it....also take about 1500 grams of vitamin c and about 1000 of garlic and it will keep you well. I take it every morn and every night because I just can't afford to be sick all the time at school and believe me my little 4 and 5 year olds always have something and are always wanting hugs. I think that's what has kept me so well! (the hugs and the vitamins!!!)

Gotta get supper on---love ya'll

Beth--a strong and happy woman

RosieKate
08-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi all
I'm back...and off to a Demarle party....no rest for the wicked

didn't get the yarn...just as well..too much $$$

Seattle was great - a bit cooler than Portland, so we enjoyed that..had lots fun
will check back in tomorrow to post in more detail
K

Katiecat
08-02-2005, 04:25 AM
Wow...rough day at work...I feel like I was beaten with a bag full of nickels all day... I got sworn at and hung up on more than once. Hot weather tends to make people cranky :tantrum:

Ah well...came home and went to Applebee's with my honey. We ordered off the WW menu and it was really good! French Onion soup (3 pts), big Mesquite Chicken Salads (5 pts), and we split a Berry Lemon Cheesecake for dessert (5 pts total, so that was 2.5 pts for each of us). Not bad for a very satisfying dinner. Looking forward to trying some of the other stuff from that menu! :hun:

Then we went to the grocery store and stocked up on more healthy stuff. We are burning through produce like it's going out of style, but I guess that's a good thing :lol: I also find I'm cooking a lot more, and that's ok because I like to cook. But it is time consuming, and time is one commodity I'm short on, so I'll have to figure out some short cuts.

One cool thing about WW I forgot to mention. When we signed up last Saturday, I expected to pay about $55-$60 for both of us, since there was no sign up special going. But the lady at the counter asked me what medical insurance we have -- and it turns out that our insurance covers the sign up fee! Also, I had two expired prepaid meeting coupons -- expired in 2003, mind you -- and she said, oh, we'll still take those, no problem. So it didn't cost anything at all!

Katy, what's a "Demarle party"? Sorry you missed out on your yarn, but the right stuff will come along and yell "clapotis" at you!!!

Beth, I always gargle with warm salt water when I have a sore throat -- really helps. Never tried it with vinegar or peroxide, though...but I've rinsed my mouth with peroxide after having a tooth pulled, etc -- ick!!! :barf: Pretty nasty, but I bet it does kill germs :D

Jane, it's disappointing when something you were craving doesn't taste or satisfy the way you imagine it would -- but kind of eye-opening, too. My mom said she used to like Wendy's burgers until one time she saw one that had been left sitting out on the counter for a while -- ewww, that "juicy" is really "greasy". Yep, I purged my cupboards, and my fridge. Threw out almost half a jar of mayo, a Tupperware container of cookie dough that was calling my name, will have my 19 year old come over tomorrow and pick up some stuff he might like -- like the almost full container of gourmet icecream in the freezer. *sigh* Ah, but it's all for the best. ;)

Angie, black and pink and polkadots sounds fun and chic! As for Disney tickets, are you AAA members? They usually have really good deals. When was the last time you went? Don't miss Soarin' Over California in California Adventure -- it's my very favorite ride in both parks, and I could do it over and over again. Tower of Terror is fun atmosphere-wise with the whole Twilight Zone theme, but I've done it twice and that's enough for me -- I DON'T like drop rides at all, but made the exception for that one. And the Aladdin musical show is lots of fun, if that's still playing...great costumes that you would appreciate, and if you sit mezzanine level, you get a fantastic view of the flying carpet scene...and all of that stuff is just in California Adventure! Disneyland is my second home, I make a pilgrimage there almost every year. Email me if you want any insider tips, I've got some good ones ;)

Sue, are you doing WW? And if so, are you going to meetings, or online, or doing it on your own? Don't give up! Plateaus always frustrated me, but stick with it, you are doing great, and you are doing healthy things, so that's what's important. How much have you lost so far?

Mindee, a kiss for Brandon's booboo :headache: I was taking my oldest son for pictures when he was about 2, had a little suit on, curly blonde hair, so cute -- and he bonked his head and got a blue bruise right at the top of his forehead in the middle. After I dried his tears and soothed him, I thought, now what, we have an appointment for pics in half an hour...so we were at the mall, and I went to the Merle Norman cosmetics store, and said, can you help me??? And the ladies there all ooh'd and aah'd about how cute he was and how fair his skin was. And they found a really really light-colored foundation and covered up his owie :rofl: Worked like a charm!

Omigosh, look at the time...hello to everyone else, and goodnight to everyone, too!

Sweet dreams,

Marti
08-02-2005, 07:42 AM
Good Morning Ladies--

It HAS been busy chatters on here hasn't there? I'm so happy about that! :D

Katie--What a fantastic thing for WW to still honor your '03 coupons!! And also that your insurance covers the fee! I had no idea that insurance covers for things like that. I think it's great for people who want to change there lives and become healthy.

Katy--Glad you had fun in Seattle. Looking forward to hearing about it later on. I'm w/Katie--What in the world is a Demarle Party? Inquiring minds want to know!

Beth--I think we're all ready to make our weightloss more of a priority. As for WW....I've never been on the program, but I do have a few recipe books and have used some of them. Very tasty. Jane here has lost quite a bit of weight doing WW. 85lbs I have to say!! We are all proud of her.

Angie--You crack me up! So close to licking the bowl.....I don't think I would have hesitated! :lol: So when exactly is your Disney Trip? And are you buying me a ticket too?

Jane--Oh believe me Jane...I'm ready. It's going to happen. Although I have my weak moments such as today. I caved in to stress and bought some...but as soon as I got to work I admitted to everyone that I had them and boy....they did exactly what I asked them to do if I did---I got a guilt trip w/a long lecture. So tomorrow I'm just going to buy the patch instead of thinking that I'm super woman and can quit cold turkey!

Cristi--I was thinking the same thing today! It's August already and I'm not ready for this year being so close to being over. Just means that time is going by WAY to fast. And I don't feel like I'm accomplishing much w/myself. Kind of disappointing. But I suppose I could just start doing things instead of whining about time. (but I have to say....I've gotten so used to whining! :dizzy: )

Sue--As long as you feel a difference in your clothes...I wouldn't worry so much about the weight on the scale. You're obviously doing something right if your 14's are getting too big! Keep up the work your doing and eventually you'll see the numbers drop.

Mindee--Are the names a secret to us too?

Well I had a busy and emotional day. I feel exhausted. I think I'm going to head on to bed and maybe cry to just release some stress. Ever feel like crying because you're close to an emotional break down, and when you do...you feel 10times better?

Alright girls...Off I go. I'll check in when I get up.

Jane
08-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Angie - the black and pink outfit sounds just right! Hope your throat is better today. When are you going to DIS? Have you check out the message boards at www.disboards.com ? They have more information there than you can imagine and it's bookmarked on my computer. Also, if Magic Kingdom in CA has Mickey's Philharmagic, promise me you'll go see this! It's in an indoor theatre, and very comfortable. This presentation is jaw-dropping cool!!! Disney World in FL has some different stuff than CA, but hopefully CA has that one.

Katy - like the others, I'm curious what a Dremarle party is, and why wasn't I invited, lol.

Katiecat - wow, that's great about the insurance covering the sign up fee at WW! But in the long run, you getting healthy will save them money, right? Almost all restaurants have something healthy on the menu/buffet nowdays. I like to have 1/2 my plate filled with green beans. Keeps my jaws busy with harmless food, lol. Have you tried the Uncle Ben's wild rice in the box, original recipe? It's very good! It only takes about 25 minutes to fix, and is much better than the stuff in the pouch. You can have 1/2 cup for 2 points, and it's very good. I highly recommend the Dreamsicle Cake in the recipes thread, too. Although the orange is really, really good, it's even better with the lemon!! If you ever want to chat about this on the phone, just call.

Marti - why did you have an emotional day? Was it because of the cigarettes? (((HUGS))) for whatever it is/was, hon. Yay for your friends helping you stay off the cigs. The patch really helped me. Since it says on the box that you could have nightmares if you wear it at night, I would put mine on around 5 or 6 in the AM when I woke to potty. For you, with your schedule, you'd have to move the hours around. Just a thought.

Well today, I've promised myself that I'm going to tackle the ironing. There are about 10 pieces that need ironed, and my wardrobe would be so much better with these things in the closet instead of in the laundry room, lol. I used to love to iron, and now have to MAKE myself do it. What a lazy slacker, lol!!

What are you going to do today?

Neets
08-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Hello Ladies,

I hope that everyone had a good weekend. We all had a blast up at the trailer. Joycelyn is in her element up there. She walks all over the place. She loves the park and she loves the lake. When we go for walks, and I try to hold her and she shakes me off and waves bye bye to me, as she toddles off. She actually gets quite po'd when I take her hand and change her direction. She has also managed to work on her climbing skills this weekend. Jerry watched her climb up on the lawn furniture and sit there. She gave him this great big grin and was so proud of herself. Little monkey . LOL

I had to come back to work just so I could sit down for more than 3 minutes. She really had me going. She is a going concern to be sure. This weekend she played in the lake and made mud pies, and got mud up her nose and all over the place. She went swimming in a swimming pool yesterday and had a ball. She slept almost 12 hours last night. The little gaffer was tuckered out. LOL

Weight loss is going well. As of today I am down 20 pounds. YAY I am on my way 4 sure!!!

SUSAN ~~~ I am so happy for you and Gaby. Wonderful news. Finally some closure.
ELLEN~~~ I sure hope you are feeling better soon. No A/C? Oh doll, you must have really been suffering in the last few weeks. Hope that you are doing a little better.
BETH~~~ Nice to meet you!!
MARTI~~~ Good for you for trying to quit smoking. As an ex smoker myself, I can tell you that although it is hard (and it is!) I feel that it is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Easier than losing weight. IMO. Best of luck.!!
MINDEE~~~ Your birthday is MY wedding anniversary. Seems August 17th is going to be one busy day this year. LOL
KATIECAT I can certainly relate about going through produce. I think I've spent about 1/2 my grocery money just on fruits and veggies in the last month. It's a good think it's summer and they are reasonably priced anyway.

HI to everyone that I have missed. I hope all are well.

Hugs
Anita

tommysgirl18
08-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Jane~ Nope, the apartment is just off the water. Right now, we are in the middle of the sticks with the closest city being two miles away, and the main BIG city is 20 minutes away. Where as when we move, we will be in a big city already!

Angie~ I hope you are feeling better now.

Beth~ How are you doing girl?

Katy~ How are you doing as well?

Katiecat~ It is good to hear from you. Thanks for the kiss for his boo boo. Thankfully we are planning on getting his pictures taken after the baby is born, that way we can get them both done at the same time. But knowing our luck, he will get another boo boo just before those pictures.

Marti~ I guess, as long as no one tells Tommy, I guess I can share the names. If it is a boy, then it will be Rolf Richard. And if it is a girl, then it will more then likely be Harley Alexis. Shhhhhhh….don’t tell!

Anita~ I guess it is a very busy day!

Marti
08-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Hello girls--

Kat--So glad you popped in and hope we get to hear more from you!

Mindee--Cute names.

Anita--I've quit before and I know I can quit again. Just taking me a little longer this time around.

Jane--It was just a hard day. But I'm ok now. Just a lack of sleep I'm sure. And missing both James & Jhanai.

Hello to everyone else.

This is a quick one today as I have to go to the dentist, AGAIN. I'm so tired of the dentist. I'm having some fillings worked on. And then who knows after that. Still need to get the cap put on. No fun is all I can say.

Take Care and I'll check in after work.

RosieKate
08-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Ok - this is Demarle - http://www.demarleusa.com/ it's silicone bakeware, they are just now starting to sell them with in-home consultants. So, I went to my friends house, ate a bunch of food, and bought some really cool nonstick cookware. The bakeware is flexible, you can roll it up into a ball and stuff it in your purse if you want to. I bought the Silpat and a bake sheet for cookies, and a minimuffin tray, and a Roulpat, for rolling doughs out on the counter.

Seattle was great...took the kids to the Woodland Park Zoo. then we rode the Monorail to Pike Street Market and back. The Seattle Seafair was going on that weekend...sure glad we didn't have to worry about parking! David and James were able to walk four blocks from our hotel and watch some of the parade. Sunday was nice, we saw both of David's grandmas...and both are looking really good. His paternal grandma celebrated her 90th birthday and there was a big party. Now we are home for a week or two until we go camping on the coast.

Anita - congrats on your great success - and Joycelyn sounds lot like my son at the same age! He was go go go all the time

Susan - I'm so happy there is some resolution on Gaby's custody. What a load off. Hope you are having a great visit with Rocky and Kris. Are you unpacking yet?

Jane - See above for Demarle...they hit me up hard to be a consultant...guess they are starting out and want more people out there selling...if I were a consultant, I'd invite you for sure, sweetie

Marti - I just know you are going to succeed at quitting smoking! It's so hard, but a great accomplishment.

Mindee - Those are cute names :)

Angie - your vacation sounds great...I think renting a house is a great idea.

Cristi - are you staying cool? Can't believe how hot it is around the country. We are hot here, too - finally. Supposed to be mid-90s this week - TOO HOT FOR ME I am a true Oregonian...I shrivel up when it gets too hot.

My quest for the clapotis is going to be put on hold. The recommended yarn would end up costing me 75-100 $ and I just bought all that lovely Demarle stuff. I want to keep an eye out for some nice yarn for it that isn't quite so expensive. Here in OR, I find that heavy woolens are rarely necessary..so I would probably want it out of something lighter anyway.

Scale said 174 today - yippee...I am waiting to change the ticker to make sure it isn't a fluctuation - those happen to me.

Have a great day everyone!

Jane
08-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Hey ladies,

Anita - YAY for the 20 pounds down!! Sure makes you feel better, doesn't it? Glad you and your little family had such a good time at the camper.

Mindee - I'm sure keeping my fingers crossed that you get the apartment soon.

Marti - just think how good your mouth and teeth will feel when the dentist gets done! Glad you're better now. Lack of sleep can sure mess with a person. That's why I make sure I get plenty of nap time everyday, lol. :D

Katy - oic about the demarle. Wow, sounds like you and your family are having a good time this summer. Glad you got to spend some quality time with the relatives.

Cristi - hope you make it in here ok next time you try. Not sure why it was messing up for you before. Anyway, we'll be glad when you can post again.

Just wanted you girls to know that I got my ironing all done!! :cp: Until next week, that is. :dizzy:

FrouFrou
08-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi and Happy Wednesday ladies!

Not sure what was up yesterday but I couldn't post for some reason. Tried three times and each time I submitted it went to a blank page and didn't take so I gave up. Seems to be fine today. Anywho...today is of course Wal-Mart Wednesday, ick! I've gotten to where I just hate going there. Oh well, at least it is over with 'til next week.

Marti~sorry you have to go to the dentist but in the long run it will be better for ya. No cavities! I keep meaning to go and know the more I put it off the worse it will be, maybe. Glad you are feeling better.

Jane~can you come and do my ironing now?! I have been putting it off also. Of course I only have three shirts and can make do without them, lol.

Katy~I've seen that stuff, or something like it. Actually, just saw some in Wal-Mart last week and wondered if it is good. I know it's not the same stuff and probably not the same quality. I passed on it tho. Just seems weird to bake in something that you can roll up and looks like plastic/rubber! Glad you guys had a nice time in Seattle. Make sure and check in before you guys head off camping.

Katie~so glad your hubby joined WW with you! Having that support/buddy I think makes a difference. And WTG on adding a weight tracker thingy. Can't wait to hear how your first WI goes.

Anita~WTG on your loss! :bravo:

Mindee~well, I hope you guys get the apartment, and soon. I am getting excited about the baby coming-I'm hoping for a girl! :D Hey, Cristina is a nice name also! ;) :lol:

Angie~hope your throat is better today.

Susan~did you take off with Rocky to Hawaii? Missing you here girly. Did you get moved in yet and I do hope you get the job. :crossed:

Okay, can't remember who all posted so a big HI to everyone else! :wave:

Not doing much today. Was up bright and early this morning to get out and water the yard before it reached the 100 degrees it was supposed to by noon. I am sick of this heat for sure! Is supposed to rain tomorrow and Friday-I'm hoping and praying for it. Need to get going and take the clothes out of the dryer and start the other load. Also, need to vacuum and get a couple of cards ready to mail. I hate seeing another "Angel" added to the list at MACS, it's so sad. And my dad isn't doing so well. He's been having heart problems and found out there is really nothing they can do for him except give him meds which don't seem to help much. That's about all I have for now ladies.

Take care and have a wonderful day!

Jane
08-03-2005, 11:35 PM
While it's all quiet around here... let's hop over to # 139... see you there!