South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:00 AM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default Percentage of carbs, fat and protein?

What percentage of our calories per day should be from fat, protein, and carbs? I can't find that info anywhere!

I've been using FitDay, and the pie charts are helpful in balancing my days.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:36 AM   #2  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Here is what my nutritionalist told me the other day about my dieting:

Calories 1200-1400 Made up of anything I want to eat as long as I follow the rest of the things listed here.

Fat 20-40g She said absolutley no trans fats and to try to limit my saturated fats as much as possible (pretty much already knew this part).

Fiber 30-40g I am working up to this and am at about 20-25 right now. Sure is helping to regulate my bowels.

Carbs 50-80g She said I should try to stay in the 50-60 range but sometimes it will be difficult to do that if you are getting the fiber grams up until you get your combinations figured out. She also said that if your carbs come from good carbs (veggies and low/non fat dairy primarily) that you can usually eat more carbs and be OK.

Protein - All she said about it is that it sould be lean cuts and low/non fat items. Didn't say I needed to have a specific amount each day but that my calories count and hunger level would dictate more on how much I can eat depending on what other items I was eating during the day. She also knows I eat beans every day and that they give me protein as well as the "meats".

I know everyone is different but this is what she suggested for me. I also use fitday and it has really helped me figure out what I should be eating each day.

Last edited by Sheba's Mom; 07-27-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

I'm no guru but I read in the book that the whole point of the SB diet is that if you eat normal portions of the right foods then you don't have to pay strict attention to calories, fat grams, or carb grams. If you base your diet on veggies, lean protein, fruits, and a few good carbs I think that should be OK.

I am starting to count total calories with a food journal to see if it helps me lose quicker and now that I'm on P2 I usually have 1 starch and 1-2 fruits per day and other than that I don't pay attention to the details. I lost a lot a few yrs ago on a diet that didn't count calories but paid more attention to what you ate. Seems easier to me than to stress about 40%, 50%, etc. You seem to be doing good so far. Good luck!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:23 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I use fitday and have never obsessed over the percentages. You have to do whatever works for you. Eating healthy and unprocessed foods is the key.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I use fitday.com also. I'm happy if I'm 30% fat and protein, 40% carbs with at least 35g fiber per day. I don't do it everyday, maybe about 1 week a month just to make sure I'm staying on track.

Sarah
Closed Thread