Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 07:22 AM   #1  
Alis volat propiis

S/C/G: 270/See Slider/145-140

Default Wednesday What-Not General Chatter

Have a wonderful Wednesday, ladies!

Old 07-27-2005, 08:31 AM   #2  

Wonderful Wednesday? Hmmmm....LOL I am grumpy can you tell? To spare you guys from all the details I'll sum it up. My husband is a poopy head who wants to go to see a concert Friday night while I stay home with the kids, delay my trip to see my Gramma until late Saturday so he can fly even though he knows she has to work at 1 and it's a two hour drive for me, and got mad when my computer broke this morning and I expected him to fix it since he helped his grandfather with his until 10:30 last night! Stupid jerk!

Anyway, it's raining here today and finally cooler. I worked on cleaning out my junk for about an hour yesterday and after I get through my list of regular daily cleaning stuff I will try to get in another hour today, pending child cooperartion. That should count as AP, lifting and hauling. Plus, anytime I fill a box or bag of garbage or thrift store donations I take it down stairs, so it's lot sof up and down on the stairs. I have so much stuff. I still Like alot of it but not sure what to do with it. I am just going to get rid of it I guess. My gramma wants a bunch of stuff she gave me back since I don't want it. My uncle who lives iwth her is going to freak out when I bring a truckload of stuff BACK I should have a yard sale but I am too lazy LOL.

Well I feel better now that I've connected with you guys. I'm off to clean. You'd think with as much time as I spend cleaning my house might be clean yeah right. Byes for now
~misty
Old 07-27-2005, 10:04 AM   #3  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hi Sistas,

Misty, I think men have the poopy head gene. It is universal. heh. Hope it works out for you...

I lost 2 lbs this week..WooHoo.

At least the heat wave has broke here & it's a lot cooler. Having some rain off & on today. Not much going on here, I haven't even turned the TV on yet today. Maybe I'll see what's up with Dr. Phil.

Everyone have a great day.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:10 AM   #4  

I'm strongly thinking about not returning to the WW meetings. I love them, love my leader, love just getting together with a bunch of people all with a similar goal, but I don't want to shell out the cash.

My meetings are on Mondays, so I have a while to decide. Someone told me before that I should stick through it until I get the 12 weeks of information. Should I?

I just keep thinking that I'm spending $11/week on something that I could be doing on my own. I'm so confused about it though. I see my husband spending money on stuff that we don't need, and I try to skimp and save. Also, this is the only thing that I do on my own. Otherwise, I sit at home every night of the week.

Misty, I'm a bit irked at my husband today too. It must be the day! I'm tired of him acting like my child rather than my husband!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:27 AM   #5  

Misty, aww, sounds like your day is off to a rotten start! Have you considered getting rid of some of your stuff through freecycle.org? It is a pretty fun way to do it.

iowa, I can see where you are torn. For me, the in person group support is a bad thing, but I know why so many people benefit. I would rather spend the $11 or so on a movie a week by myself, though. Some people have mentioned joining TOPS which offers the same support but less cash.

Never got my nap yesterday and was actually doing the headnodding thing. Went to bed at 1:15ish rather than 2 last night, so that is a start. No time for a *yawnnn* nap today, though. Also, it looks like I will be working days next week (but not days and nights :-/), so I really have to get my sleeping straightened out for the switch.

Have a few points questions that you girls might know. . .
Nestle Quick-the label says per 25g or such. . .does that work out to 2T for Quik powder?
Is a baked potato with 1t margarome 4 points?
How much is a cup of prepared mashed potatoes? I thought for sure this was in my WW book, but I can not find it anywhere now.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #6  

WAY TO GO KITTY!!!!

AMEN to that Stephanie!!! It's like I have three kids instead of 2.

As far as meetings go, well I am in week 4 and other than my slider thing for AP I haven't gotten anything I will probably use. I suggested staying for the 12 weeks before, but now I'm not so sure how good that advice was. Sorries I thought I'd get more stuff I could use. Maybe I will in future weeks. Maybe b/c I am not new to this whole weight loss thing this stuff is old news?

So really it's up to you. If you think you can do it on your own, go for it. I lost 30 pounds that way. For me right now I need the escape even if it's to sit in a folding metal chair in a church basement for an hour. Just to drive alone, and stop and get gas alone, and go to the meeting alone, is worth the $12 to me, a person who's lucky to pee alone. And like you I skrimp and save while DH does stuff like eats out everyday and flies at $70-$100 an hour. But if it's the support you need, then the meetings are good. You also have us though. There are several people on here who are doing it themselves. You can try it a few weeks on your own and if it doesn't work you can try the meetings again. Losingw eight is all about what works for you there is no one size fits all approach.

Ok Kids screaming all over the palce go to go. Going to go decompress with a Pepsi One!
~misty
Old 07-27-2005, 11:36 AM   #7  

We posted at the same time Hippo I'll see if I can find those points for you. Someone else might beat me to it though cause I have to make lunch and such. I am gonna check out that website. My bestfriend told me I have more stuff than a dead person and that she's seen less stuff at estate sales. LOL

byes
Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 PM   #8  

Nestle Quick-2Tblspn=2 points
baked potato (white)- small 2 inch diameter (3 oz)=1 point
-large 5 inches (7 oz)=3 points
so what ever your potatoe is plus the number of points in margarome
How much is a cup of prepared mashed potatoes? This si what is listed under Potatoes, Mashed in my book:
1/2 c=2
frozen prepared 1/2 c=2
garlic mashed 1/2 c=4
mix in a cup 1 (1.5 oz)=3

Hope this helps
Old 07-27-2005, 12:47 PM   #9  
Tryin' Again

Wink

Steph,

I don't go to meetings anymore. The only thing I got from meetings is the point slider & AP slider that I still use. The last time I joined WW their Core Plan was new. I use Core every so often when I get tired of counting points.
I did buy the Complete Food Companion & Dining Out books. I use those quite a bit. One of the dogs tried to read it, too, so the cover is a little chewed up. lol

I do join WW about once a year and attend a few meetings, then wing it on my own. But a lot of times I feel like Misty that I need more support than I can get on my own. But since I've joined this group, I'm doing well. At least I can talk to you all about diet, food, etc. & your eyes don't glaze over & you begin to nod off...like some friends & family who shall remain nameless.

Now that the heat wave has broke, I'm doing some long needed cooking. Roasting a whole chicken in the crock pot, making big pot of zero point veggie soup which is my old standby. A cup of this soup before a meal & you won't eat too awful much more.

Gotta run & check on soup. TTFN
Old 07-27-2005, 01:13 PM   #10  

Thanks, Misty! 1/2c=2 is that before milk/margarine?
Potatoes are so low in points. . .am surprised because they are quite filling!
Great to know about the Quik. Was hoping, but was not sure. I mix green tea, a touch of milk and a tablespoon of quik all up and it is a delicious energy-type drink!

Kitty, can you post your recipe for veggie soup?
Old 07-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #11  
Tryin' Again

Sure, Hipp,

Here goes:

I start out with a sweet onion, chopped. Put about 1-2 teasp of olive or canola oil in a big pot, throw in onions and cook for a few minutes on medium heat. While that is cooking, chop about 1/2 head of cabbage, rinse & drain - then go ahead & throw it in the pot. I use 1 or 2 cans of diced tomatoes. You can use whatever kind you like, today I used basil, olive oil & onion flavor. Put tomatoes in pot. Then you can put in 1 or 2 cans of lowfat or no fat beef broth. I didn't have any cans, so I used about 3 cubes of beef boullion & about 32 oz water. You can use chicken, beef, or veggie broth-whatever you like.

Bring this to a boil, then I add whatever veggies I feel like. Today I added about 1/2 a bag of frozen mixed veggies & half a bag of frozen broccoli cuts. Bring pot back to boil, then reduce heat & simmer 15-20 min. If you like a more tomato-ey taste, you could add a 12 oz can of tomato or V8 juice. Add any herbs or spices that you like. This recipe is just a basic guide. I have used zucchini squash, summer squash & fresh tomatoes from the garden at times. If you don't like cabbage, use anything else. Anything goes with this soup. Just make sure it is all 0 point veggies.

The V8 could add points, but I count 1 cup servings of the soup as 0. Probably if you ate more than that at a time I would count is as no more than 1 pt for 2 cups.

Enjoy!!! Hope this helps. I don't always use recipes, so if any ?'s please ask.

BTW, here is a web site for some more recipes http://wwkippy.proboards40.com/index.cgi? hope that works. Kit

Last edited by Kitty53; 07-27-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:06 PM   #12  

Thanks for the recipe!

Last edited by hippohips; 07-27-2005 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:35 PM   #13  

So at my former employer! Have been trying for two weeks to get a stupid paper saying I worked there. Just keep getting transferred around to voicemails and no one has returned my messages. I can not apply for an apartment until I get it. ugh. I am sooooooo out of time.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:39 PM   #14  

HH something I do is buy no fat hot chocolate mix it is only 1 pt. and I add it to my coffee and then I have a mocha coffee for one point it is such a treat for me!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #15  

Hippo, you're just having some rotten luck. Man, I can't believe it!! When it rains it pours. It will get better though, I promise! Is it too far for you to go to the company in person to ask for a letter?

I'm pretty much convinced myself to stop attending WW meetings? Misty, you have a point though, it really is my only social outlet also. Maybe I should stick with them just to keep my sanity....

I'm been horrible with points today. I'm currently drinking a 20 ounce Mountain Dew. Nothing like drinking 5 points of my day!! (I'm mad at myself, but it tasted so good, and I was so tired!)

I heard that there's a Nestle Quick that is made with Splenda now. I haven't seen it, but it might be worth checking on. I look Nestle Quick!!!
Closed Thread