Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2001, 11:45 PM   #1  
LIFETIMER

Default Buddy Moms #82

Hi,

Robin, sorry to hear about your BIL--did you get the final report on the autopsy?

Farmbabe-was the turkey you cooked one from your farm?

Theresa-have you decided on a dog yet? and what kind?

Laurie-I'm glad we got to meet too. I'm usually in your area once a year, but I won't be there next year, the reunion will be here in louisiana.

later

cindy
Old 06-08-2001, 10:10 AM   #2  
LIFETIMER

Morning,

Look at this-----3 people checked in, but didn't post. Now, I wonder who those 3 people could be? HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Its still raining here, I will need a boat pretty soon to get around. NOT! I'm Only kidding.

cindy
Old 06-08-2001, 07:21 PM   #3  
Princess Buttercup

hey there!

nope cindy, there's not going to be a "dog" till the "cat" is dead......i know that probably sounds really bad lol but my cat is old old old and she is like a queen here! lol I think she'd totally flip out if we were to bring another pet in the house.......and I'm really not sure I want a dog......dogs are like babies, they are a lot of responsibility whereas cats really aren't ..... you know what I mean right? cats are low maintenance.

WW will be interesting tomorrow. wish me luck. lol actually I've done very well in the exercise dept.......it's the tracking dept I'm lacking it.

a few things for me to "brag' about ....my 6th grader got several awards at 6th grade graduation AND my dh was promoted to professor this week........not an easy task mind you....so I'm very proud of him. in his dept of 20+ there are only 3 other professors. ........just call me Mary Ann. (get it?! ROFL)

I know this is short, but I gotta run. I'll do better job posting next time

theresa

Last edited by Amato; 06-08-2001 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2001, 09:31 PM   #4  
LIFETIMER

Hi,

Well, THeresa, it sure looks like no one wants to talk to us. LOL

Congrats to you and your son for getting those awards!!! I bet you are proud of him. what kind of plans does he have for the summer.

where is everyone?

15 people have checked in and only you and I have posted.

cindy
Old 06-10-2001, 08:40 AM   #5  
LIFETIMER

Does anyone know if Robin lives in Houston or Dallas?

Theresa-looks like its your turn to post dear.

cindy
Old 06-10-2001, 09:10 AM   #6  
Princess Buttercup

Talking

yes, Robin is in Dallas.

went to WW yesterday, -1.8, but still have a bit to go to get rid of what I put on the 2 weeks before .....I'll do it. cause we all know "Quitting isn't an option" and now that's I'm exercising on a regular basis, that will speed things up.

nothing much else new. ran lots of errands yesterday. bought a new light for the bathroom, we're starting construction on it the end of June.......totally gutting it and EVERYTHING will be new! also ordered my new fish tank, 58 gallon salt water anyone out there have a salt water tank......any tips would be appreciated!

better go, Theresa

PS/ "TAG" you're it Cindy! ROFL
Old 06-10-2001, 03:02 PM   #7  
LIFETIMER

Here I am!!!

Theresa-Congrasts on losing this week. Keep up the good work. SOrry, I don't have a saltwater tank, can't help you there.

TAG---YOU'RE IT.

cindy
Old 06-10-2001, 05:15 PM   #8  

you 2 are so silly

been running around all weekend...just got out of the pool and on my way to the shower..

cindy - my mil lives outside of houston, i am in the dallas area...it is horrible there right now..i am so glad we got out of there before all this started....we got a whole 15 minutes of rain here on friday..that was it! can ya believe it? suppose to be in the high 90's and sunny all week. no, we don't have the final on the autopsy yet...dh is going in tuesday for cholesterol check with his dr, and i am calling monday to set up his cardiologist appt..he has to get the treadmill test...better safe than sorry...i want to keep him around for a long time still!

theresa - congrats on your loss and on your son awards and on dh's promotion and on your fish tank ...is that it?
i would love to have a saltwater tank..the fish are so pretty.

well, i think thats it..i am sitting here in a towel and need to shower...

later..robin
Old 06-10-2001, 08:42 PM   #9  
gettn' strong in 2002

Robin , I hope your dh's tests come out good!
We aren't using our pool yet. It is still too cold.

We had another thunderstorm this afternoon.(had one last night too) No damage or anything.

I worked on the pond today because the deck was still too wet to continue painting .
I'm off to haul more rocks to the edges. That sure is a butt work-out!

Hi Cindy and Theresa!
Old 06-10-2001, 10:16 PM   #10  
LIFETIMER

WWHHHHOOOOOAAAAAA!!!!!

CHECK THIS OUT THERESA, WE HAVE COMPANY. LOL

ROBIN-I'm glad that yall are not in harms way with the storm. Its still raining here---thundering right now. Wonder what that storm is doing now.

FARMBABE-is the pond you are building for fish, or for yall to swim in?

GOODNIGHT

cindy
Old 06-11-2001, 09:11 AM   #11  

Hi everyone--
The kids have a half day today and tomorrow, then they're done. I've been helping my 5th grader w/studying for her 1st finals. Today is French & reading. The tests are unbelievably comprehensive, They tell the kids that they'll thank them when they get to high school. I think they're right. If they can do this, they'll be fine later on. They really raise the bar, and it's amazing to see how the kids rise to meet it. (and they like doing it---go figure) Both girls seem happy and are doing well. We haven't had academic awards, because school is not done yet, but we had athletic awards. Both girls got National fitness awards--dh & I never did.
theresa--good luck w/the fish tank. I never had a salt water one, but I love the way they look. Are you puting it in your den? 58 gallons sounds big--what does it look like? The kids will love it.
Robin --I'm trying to get into a "do all you can now mode" too. We had 3 neighbors & a high school friend each lose a parent in the last 2 weeks. We aren't getting any younger. I know I could do more healthful things every day.
Cindy -- are you getting ready for your next trip?
Viv -- how's your father? what's up w/the kids?
Lynn -- All healthy down there?
Laurie -- did Fri. come & go -- I lost track -- hi anyway
CAB -- Pls. visit & give us a new house update.
Ellie -- you too
Gotta run. Today I'll be studying Science & Language Arts. Actually, she studies, I just "quiz." DH saw one of her Science test (she got 103) -- and he said "I wouldn't have gotten half od this right" (he has a graduate degree). I said "I would have, I studied"LOL
Old 06-11-2001, 12:58 PM   #12  

Default OK, You Two Wise Guys...

So you've been having fun have you Theresa and Cindy.

I've been busy all weekend. Still trying to empty out some junk and get things straight to move Moms stuff up to my house. At this point I wish it was all behind me because they are calling for upper 90's with heat indexes in the 100's. HOT! HOT! HOT!

Was at Barry's school this morning. He received an award for being on the Honor Roll all year. That's my boy! (when he wants to be). Actually, I'm really proud of him with all he has been through again this year.

I'm ready to sit on DH. He thinks he's superman and he's not. He is just trying to do to much and he body isn't ready for it all. I told him to cut back to two days of rehab. If he doesn't say that he is when he comes home tonight, I'm gonna talk to them and let them know what's been going on.

Jill - still to cold up by you, come on down! I'll give you some of this heat for sure.

Theresa & Cindy - tag your turn again

Linn - everyone is doing great here illness wise, just DH still gets worn out really easily

OK, WHERE IS VIV???? You little you! Come out and play with us!!!!

Well this week will go by really fast. Last day of school is Wednesday. Thursday is the move. Friday I die at the pool peacefully!

Talk to you all later.

Lynn
Old 06-11-2001, 02:32 PM   #13  
Princess Buttercup

Hey Everyone!

77 days till school starts! ......and that's all i'm saying about that!

Lynn, congrats to you and Barry! that's terrific! I know he's had a very difficult year. ---- why do you think you're dh is doing too much at re-hab? aren't they supervised? is he losing weight? if so, maybe he's on a roll and since "some" say exercise is addictive (LOL) he's just enjoying the way it's making him feel?! --- hey, how's your leg? the one 'homer' fell on?!

Linn, yes, it'll be in the family room. not sure what you mean by "what does it look like" I don't have it yet, had to order it. I haven't decided on what color the rocks will be in the bottom. ??? my fresh water tank has real pretty blue rocks in the bottom......thinking I want something different. .....maybe hot pink lol

Robin, how's it going this week for you? I can't remember what day you weigh in? are you still doing well taking the meridia (any side effects) ---- isn't Evan's b-day coming up? or did you already hve it? (CRS!)

Jill, I'd say hauling rock is a work out! lol be sure to take a pic of your pond....I'd love to see it!

doing well on program today. I'm on a taco salad kick. making it with Morning star veggie crumlbes and ff re-fried beans mixed with taco seasoning. dressing is ~2T ff sourcream mixed with ~3T salsa......yum! very spicy and only 3 pts!

I've also been exercising faithfully.......walking outside. I'm starting to see a difference in muscle tone in my legs.

see ya, Theresa
Old 06-11-2001, 02:45 PM   #14  

Hi everyone--
theresa-- I meant is it a fancy shape-I've seen hexagons etc. Does it go on a shelf or does it stand alone. 58 gallons sounds pretty big. i bet it will be beautiful.
Lauren just came home from today's finals -- she said they were okay -- Her reading final was 46 pages and she did 45 1/2 of them. She's only in 5th grade!! I don't think I even had that in college. I just had lunch w/ a college professor and she said --who wants to grade all that? We get report cards by the end of hte month, so we'll see. She has Science & Language Arts tomorrow--then she's done. The 4th grader is just doing projects, not more tests etc.
Old 06-11-2001, 03:38 PM   #15  
gettn' strong in 2002

17 days until school is out............

linn - they really work the kids here like that too; it amazes me!

Theresa - way to go with the walking. It sure DOES help with muscle tone. I've noticed that I have looser clothes this year and I even haven't had a WHOLE LOT of weight loss. I'm sure it IS from hauling those rocks.
Yes, just wait until you see the picture. I hauled every one myself.(they are very heavy!)

Lynn - way to go, Barry! I bet he is pretty proud of himself and rightly so.
My oldest son made the Honor roll last term(didn't the first term; crappy teacher, really; she has left now.......long story) and I'm sure he'll make it this term.
My 13 year old really doesn't give a rip about his marks. He tries as hard as he is willing to and that's it.He'd rather be outside helping around the farm.

I have missed my walks the past couple of days but now I'm thinking of Theresa's legs, and I just gotta get out there tonight and walk!!
Closed Thread