Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-26-2005, 11:43 AM   #1  

Question Need help

Since I started exercising last week. I haven't lost any weight at all. The only change I've seen is in inches. here are the # from 7/19/05 and the ones taken today in ( )
Neck: 12 in.
Arms: 10 in.
Chest: 37 in.
Ribs: 32 in. (now 31 in.)
Abdomen: 31 in.
Waist: 34 in. (now 33 in.)
Hips: 38 1/2 in. (now 38 in.)
Thigh: 20 in. (now 19 in.)
Calf: 14 in.
Does this make any sense? When can I start seeing weight change? Or do I have to get more strict somewhere?
I exercise 6 days a week w/ Tae Bo and I also walk 3 miles a day.
Rakkoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:51 AM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Remember!!!! Muscle weighs more than fat!! Personally, I think inches are soooooooo much more important than weight. As you build muscles, you're likely to see "weight gain," but remember it's not "FAT gain." My personal trainer is 5'1" and weighs 160. She's not a female Sylvester Stallone, either, just VERY fit. I think scales can be so destructive to our morale!!

Keep on truckin', you're doing great!
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:00 PM   #3  
Haley

Just keep it up, you will experience a weight loss if you continue with exercise and healthy eating. You didn't mention if you were on any sort of eating plan, perhaps if you're not you should start counting calories and get strict there. Good job on your 30 pound loss!
haleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:12 PM   #4  

Actually I just started adding up the cal. I eat in a day its about 1300 a day. Yesturday it was 1200. I'm almost sticking with the Dr. Phil program but not so much b/c I am breastfeeding.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:24 PM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

If you're losing inches, then who cares what the scale says? Would you rather be the perfect SIZE or the perfect WEIGHT? Everyone will see your size, but you're probably the only one who sees wht your scale says!

It is true that muscle weighs more than fat because it is denser, but the fact is, you most likely cannot build enough muscle in one week to contribute to your weight. Check out this article for some additional info:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62080
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:52 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Rakkoon, I just had to say that our measurments are exactly the same! My arms are 1 inch larger than yours, but other than that we're identical.

Also, I'm going through the same thing. I adding in weights and got serious about the exercise about a month and a half ago, and the scale is stuck lately. I've seen lost inches but no lost pounds. I know it has to do with water weight though, as I fluctuate something fierce. I'm thinking it could be the exercise combined with the heat, but who knows? I usually only have a rest day once a week so I know I'm carrying aorund some extra water from all of that activity.

Anyway, it can be frustrating, but I am loving the changes I'm seeing in my body and I feel strong, so I'm ignoring the scale for now. It'll catch up when my body is more stable, I'm sure. If you're eating 1300 calories and breastfeeding regularly, you might even have to eat a bit more. Breastfeeding.com says it takes an extra 400-800 calories daily.
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:51 PM   #7  

Thanks for the article, Jill. Could my problem be that I'm exercising too much (6 days)? Should I cut my exercise routine to only 3-4 days out of the week?

WOW! you guys have really lost alot of weight. Congatulations!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakkoon
Since I started exercising last week. I haven't lost any weight at all. The only change I've seen is in inches. here are the # from 7/19/05 and the ones taken today in ( )
Neck: 12 in.
Arms: 10 in.
Chest: 37 in.
Ribs: 32 in. (now 31 in.)
Abdomen: 31 in.
Waist: 34 in. (now 33 in.)
Hips: 38 1/2 in. (now 38 in.)
Thigh: 20 in. (now 19 in.)
Calf: 14 in.
Does this make any sense? When can I start seeing weight change? Or do I have to get more strict somewhere?
I exercise 6 days a week w/ Tae Bo and I also walk 3 miles a day.
What is the rush? You have shown a remarkable change in a one week time period. A healthy rate of weight loss for most averages out at around 1/2 to 2 pounds per week. Your exercise sounds just fine to me, as long as you are not burning yourself out. I exercise 6-7 days a week as well. You have made a great start in changing your measurements-losing that much in inches is actually quite a bit for only one week-it takes a lot of us a month to make a dent like that in our measurements. Don't get so frustrated-you should be thrilled with the progress!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:04 PM   #9  

thank you aphil
I guess I just got upset b/c I really want to lose this weight. I wan t to at least see a pound come off or something.
But then this is the first time I have ever really exercised in my adult life. So maybe what I should be happy about is burning the fat and building more muscle.
Thanks you guys for helping me see the light.