Old 07-25-2005, 12:28 PM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up Shake Your Groove Thing! 7/25 - 7/31

For those of you new to this thread, this is the place where you talk about your exercise!

Ok, I'll start:

Today so far I've ridden my exercise bike -- 8 miles in 30 minutes. When I can, I do it first thing, on an empty stomach, so the body turns to fat for energy (with the absence of glucose.) I keep reading that you're not supposed to do this for more than 30 minutes, because then the body turns to muscle -- and I'm trying to build muscle, not burn it! Still to come, a full body weights workout, followed by the WATP 1-mile.

How about you guys?
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #2  
Dream Big!

WATP Express 2 mile Walk Strong with Stretchie exercises, then 100 laps.
BarbaraAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:24 PM   #3  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

3km running, 25 minutes on the cross trainer and half an hour of pilates.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:26 PM   #4  

This morning, 10 minutes bike, 10 minutes cross trainer, 10 minutes stepper, then 3/4 an hour swimming. At lunch 30 minutes cross trainer and treadmill, and lots of beached whale, oh I mean fitball!!!! I look more like one of those really big sea lions than a whale!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:02 PM   #5  

45 minutes at Curves!!
WOOHOO!
BValentine25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessofsarahtolove
I do it first thing, on an empty stomach, so the body turns to fat for energy (with the absence of glucose.) I keep reading that you're not supposed to do this for more than 30 minutes, because then the body turns to muscle
Sara that is wonderful info. Thanks!!! I've been away for awhile and I've manage to put on 16 lbs. I've missed so many things while I was gone... I've spent most of lastnight trying to figure out a way to help motivate myself and to get the fire buring once again. It's going to be a day by day thing... So here I go...

Day 1
WATP 3 Mile
WATP 2 Mile
WATP 1 Mile
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:31 PM   #7  
Tenacious

30 minutes (6 miles) on the bike and 15 minutes with free weights.
DeterminedInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:34 PM   #8  
I climb mountains!

Glad to help, Mez! Be sure to stay present here, and that will help to keep you on track. Also remember to plan, Plan, PLAN!! And maybe start with baby steps, if that's easier for you? Didn't you used to love doing an exercise video? Was it Walk Away the Pounds?

SPEAKING of WATP, I came back to say that after the biking of this morning, I did the 1-mile this afternoon, preceded by a full body weights workout, as planned.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:21 AM   #9  

Sara - I'll be on here often. I know that being here helps one stay on course. I do need to workout some sort of a plan. I did WW pure Points software to lose the 40 lbs but I'm not sure if I'm going to do that again. I want to look around. I really like it just want to see what else is around. I know I have two major things to work on one is plan healthy quick meals and make sure I have healthy snacks. Your right I do love the WATP videos because in a week I could see how many miles I walked. For some reason that kept me on track. I'm going to mix up my walk away the pounds this time. I need to do some other fitness videos. I found while it was great for my legs/arms and buns my belly wasn't going as fast so I'm thinking every other day with WATP.
Sara do you think I can find a rope long enough to tie onto your waist and mine so I can workout with you? I'm sure you'd get an extra workout dragging my bum around!! You make me tired just reading what you do!!
Old 07-26-2005, 12:51 AM   #10  
I climb mountains!

Mez, you did so well today!! One thing to remember is that you can't "spot reduce;" the weight comes off where it wants to, and, unfortunately for some of us, the belly fat is the last to go. You can't argue with Mother Nature!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:12 AM   #11  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

• 8 Minute moves working my back and chest
  • 1 mile run
My run was broken down into 1 minute brisk walking, 6 minutes running, 1 minute walking, 6 more minutes running, 3 minutes walking and 5 minutes stretching(cool down). Next run is planned for Wednesday. I am going to try and eliminate the 1 minute of walking in between my two 6 minute blocks of running. I can do it!
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:34 PM   #12  
I climb mountains!

30 minutes cycling -- another 8 miles.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:40 PM   #13  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

Smile

July 26, 2005
  • 8 Minute Moves (5 minutes jogging in place; 8 minutes working out abs and shoulders; 5 minutes stretching)
  • Interval Workout (20 minutes)
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:16 PM   #14  

Darn didn't know that one couldn't Spot reduce. Geeeez
Well I guess I'll just mix up my workouts dvd's just so I can dust them.

Day 2 (New Dvd's so I'll give a brief report on how I felt about them)

Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease Disk #1 - I guess this has 5 dvd's I only have disk #1. My friend found it a rummage sale. It's not a get you real sweaty DVD but I did break a bit of one. I found some of the movement hard. I'm sure in time I can do them. I did find it fun because I was lol at myself.

The 10 Minute Solution - 4 Abs - This was also at the rummage sale. I found it quick and a good workout.

WATP - 1 mile walk at home. This is a URL that members can do from her web site. It doesn't use weights. It's more of a get up and go walk. I do like this one but I like the ones I own better. Just because I feel my arms get a better workout.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:07 PM   #15  
Tenacious

6 miles on the exercise bike and a 30 minute Curves workout.
DeterminedInGA is offline   Reply With Quote