South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:44 AM   #1  

Default Mexican for Lunch- Any Suggestions?

I am headed to a mexican restaurant for lunch- any good ideas on what to get? This is my first day on P1.

TIA!

Jacquerlyn
Old 07-25-2005, 11:56 AM   #2  
Kyemom

Mexican is one of the hardest types to find something SB legal..GOod luck. I have stayed away, as the chips & fried tortillas call my name!!
Old 07-25-2005, 12:05 PM   #3  

That's a tough one. I'd try maybe a chicken fajita salad with no sour cream or guacamole, and have the cheese on the side so you can limit your amount. It is probably full fat, but I have to have *some* cheese, so just use sparingly.

Maybe if they have a grilled fish or chicken dish, it might be ok, just ask for no sauces on it or sauces on the side. No rice, but you can have black beans.

Phase 1 is a lot easier when you prepare your own foods or plan ahead, so be careful about eating out. Good luck!
Old 07-25-2005, 12:13 PM   #4  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I always get the fajitas -- either a good cut of beef or I stick to chicken. I tell them not to bring the chips or the tortillas and eat the fajitas with the condiments they bring: salsa, guacamole, lettuce, tomato and sometime a small amount of sour cream. I actually ask for a bit more lettuce and make it a salad of sorts (if none of the salads on the menu look decent)

Also, I ask for no added oils/butter, which is what make the fajitas sizzle.

Good luck!
Old 07-25-2005, 01:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Run and hide so when they all leave to go to the restaurant they can't find you. Run far and fast because those fresh chips and salsa and guacamole will be screaming your name especially since this is your first day of phase 1.

Remember that refried beans are made with lard. That's what makes them taste so good.

My advice run away and try the Mexican place after phase 2. Did you get the run part? Can you tell I'm heavily into avoidance?

What ever you decide, remember it's only food. Don't let it make you get all hung up about it. Eat in moderation, move the chips away from you.

Sarah
Old 07-25-2005, 02:52 PM   #6  

I had Mexican for lunch today. What I normally get are the Low Carb Chicken Fajitas. They come with black beans (instead of refried) and grilled vegetables instead of rice and lettuce leaves instead of tortillas. Keep away from the chips.

Since I'm close to phase 3, today I had the Baja Fish tacos with grilled fish. The tortillas were corn so I only had one. I had veggies instead of the rice. They were quite willing to substitute.

Drink lots of water too. Mexican food is usually high in sodium.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #7  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Try the fajita's without the tortilla's. Also, most mexican restaurants I've been to have a grilled section with cuts of meat like beef, chicken, or pork..maybe one of those with beans (not refried) and veggies??
Old 07-26-2005, 01:04 PM   #8  

If you really want to see some results, you gotta plan to do phase I 100%. It's a long 14 days, but you will accomplish very little if you start off on day 1 with going out for Mexican food. Start phase I when you are ready to do the 14 days. Go back and read our book about the changes you need to make to your body chemistry.

I agree with Sarah. Run or wait until you are really ready.

Hope that wasn't too *****y.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:05 PM   #9  
Kyemom

No Mother, you are right.
Closed Thread