South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 08:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

Smile Staying on Phase 1

Good morning!

Today should officially be the start of Phase 2 for me, but I'm going to continue with Phase 1 for 1 or 2 more weeks. I'm only down 6lbs right now, but I'd like to be down 10-15lbs before starting Phase 2. I know that I have to eventually start Phase 2 according to the Good Doc. I'm trying to be a little more satisfied with my results before moving on!

Good luck to you all who started with me on July 11 and are taking the plunge today to start Phase 2. I'll be with y'all soon!

Have a great day on the beach!!
Old 07-25-2005, 09:25 AM   #2  

Sunkissed I am right there with you!
Old 07-25-2005, 09:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Good luck to both of you,that's quite a decision you've made!

Maybe just keep in mind what Dr A says about P1 - it can get boring and if you find you are getting restless and bored with your food choices, then its definitely time for P2.

I have moved onto P2. I figured, my cravings are under control and it was time for me to move on. I saw P1 more as the "detox" and P2 as my new WOE.

I tried oatmeal for breakfast and it was good. No more starchy carbs for me today, just going for one a day during this first week on P2.

You've both done really well so far - keep going.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:09 AM   #4  

Artemis- Thanks! This week I was out a lot and not so much awful but I did have some burgers (plain without the bread) and wasnt as good as I should have been. I felt crappy and slacked and didnt work out so this week I am doing no fast food, no burgers and working out and seeing how it goes. Maybe next week I will try what you are doing with 1 a day of added stuff. I sure do miss a lot of stuff! Looks like you are doing great as well! Keep it up!
Old 07-25-2005, 11:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

Kimberly, I was lucky during P1 that I didnt have to eat out much and so was able to pretty much do it by the book. So good luck for the next week - and take it easy with the work outs!
I do a fairly gentle weight training program and I do it pretty regularly even when I havent been dieting. It takes me 20 minutes and I do the upper half of my body one day, and the lower half the next. I do it maybe 5 days a week. Anyway, the point is, I had to break up my workout each day, I found I was too tired and my muscles were a bit too weak to do it the full 20 mins. So I had to cut it in half on P1.

What I'm saying here is go easy on yourself as far as the workouts go during P1. Doing just a little is better than doing nothing at all!

I havent even tried any cardio yet - will start slowly this week.

What do you plan to do in your workouts? Do you like to exercise? I dont like it much, although I enjoy the weights.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:01 PM   #6  
going places

Kimberly - Artemis is right...take it slow with the exercise when you start, you've got plenty of time to add to your routines as you go along and your body adjusts. The key is consistency for me. 10-20 minutes of movement a day is better than none at all.

Try tracking your exercise progress on the boards...that's definitely a major motivator for me, too!

We're here for ya, hon!
Old 07-25-2005, 12:14 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

How about joining the Phase I Start thread for today? I can combine the threads if you want.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:25 PM   #8  

Hi there. No, I dont like working out but I will have to force myself. The only things I do for workouts (in the past) have been aerobics in the am, treadmill and weights in the pm
Old 07-25-2005, 03:59 PM   #9  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

It is possible for you to still lose on P2, many people do not lose on P1. P1 is to get your cravings and eating certain foods under control. Not to be rude, but there is a reason there are different phases and time period for each phase.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out this.
If you decide to stay on Phase I, please join the thread that started today. I won't combine because it will be all out of order.
Closed Thread