South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 10:26 PM   #1  

Question Rice Flour???

I was wondering if anyone knows the limits on items with rice flour used in them? I have loaned my book to a friend who didnt want to buy her own copy until she knew if this way of eating was for her. I dont remember seeing anything about rice flour and was wondering if anyone else knows anything. I am lucky enough to live close to a Trader Joes and was there today and bought a bag of Original Savory thin mini Crackers, the ingredients are : rice flour, sesame seeds, safflower oil, soy sauce powder, salt and garlic powder. There is 120 calories per 37 crackers, no saturated fat or sugar, 24 grams carbs and 115 mg sodium. I bought these to dip in hummus and thought they would probably taste like cardboard but they dont!!! My kids and DH even like them but I dont want to over-due it by eating to many if rice flour isnt a good SB thing!!! Any help would be appreciated!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!! By the way, I am currently on phase 2 of the diet, I dont think these would be phase 1 approved??

Last edited by 3!girls!for!me!; 07-24-2005 at 10:28 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something
Old 07-24-2005, 11:45 PM   #2  

I wish I knew but I have no idea. All I know is its not allowed on phase #1. Is it organic or regular? For me I am just afraid to add anything white onto my plan!
Old 07-25-2005, 05:23 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kimberly is right - watch the white! I'd certainly limit them because of the rice flour. The sodium count may be pretty high too because of the salt and soy sauce powder which is also a salt.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:19 PM   #4  

Kimberly, they are just regular. I was just shocked to see that you can have 37 of them at 120 calories!! I think thats pretty good for crackers!!! Of course, I would never have that many in a sitting !! They are quite tastey though, only about the size of a quarter so I will just have to count out maybe 12 and make that my limit on them every few days!!
Closed Thread