Support Groups - The "60 pound-ish" Support Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : The "60 pound-ish" Support Thread

Sunfire
07-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Hi! I decided to make a support thread in here for those who are looking to lose 50-60 pounds or so! This is a support thread, so it would be nice to give lots of support! So please join and maybe say a little something about yourself. :D

My name is Nicki and I am 23 years old. I live in Sacramento, CA with my boyfriend of 2 years (today, July 24th is our ann.! :o ). I have a black cat named Cha-Chi. I work in TV production but I am also currently studying to become a personal trainer. I would like to lose 59 pounds, and so far I have lost 6. But I have been stuck at 6 pounds for a few months. I need to get back on track and get to the gym!

Ok your turn! If you have any suggestions, please share them! :D

Our Weigh In Days:
Melanie Friday
Nicki - Friday
Haley Sunday
Celeste Monday
Jenny - ?

Celeste0722
07-24-2005, 10:55 PM
I hope you don't mind me joining! I had about 66 lbs to lose and I have lost 48 lbs. You can do it!! The hardest part for me was getting started and getting into a routine.

Sunfire
07-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Of course I don't mind you joining! LOL More people = more support which = more success! :D

Anyways, so you have lost *counts* 48 pounds so far?! Wow. That's so great! I can't wait until I get there! How did you stay on track? I will do good for a week, maybe 2 weeks and then fall off. :( BUT I usually gain that weight back plus some, so I'm happy to stay that at least my 6 pounds has stayed off from a few months ago when I was doing well.

So yeah, how did you stay in your routine?

EDIT: I thought you lost 18 pounds at first. But then I realized it was 48 pounds! Dang, you are awesome. :D

Celeste0722
07-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Heehee, I've lost 48 lbs :lol: The hardest part for me was to get started..I started WW's and have found some great low point foods (I'm a HUGE snacker). I eat lots of veggies, fruit, good stuff like that. HOwever, I do not restrict myself, I still eat ice cream, and go out to eat, but I don't eat as much.

What really helped me stay on track is counting EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth. Helps me stay accountable.

It's really hard..At my heaviest, I was 230, lost about 45 lbs and gained all but 24 back. But this time, I am going to keep it off!

What helped me stay in my routine, honestly?? Uhh..more food :lol: With WW's, if you exercise, you accrue activity points which means you get more food. So, if I wanted a yummy snack, I'd work out for 30 minutes. Then, I found something that I really enjoy and stuck with it..I run 2-3 miles a day 5 days a week.

jennyhenny0330
07-24-2005, 11:29 PM
Yay I found the tread. Hi everyone, Im Jennifer and I'm also 23 years old. I started atkins last saturday because I was at my highest weight of 220. Now I am at 209. I also have gotten into a routine. I've been going to my schools rec center for about an hour a day after my summer classes are done. Right now I just want to get under 200, after that my goal will be every 25lbs lost. Ultimatly I would love to be 150. I am 5'5 and wear a size 18! I remember being a size 16 forever, so I would love to fit into some 14s. Right now my jeans are fitting me loose already in the thieghs, but my waist kind of feels the same. I hope I aint repeating things I said in the other forum. Oh yeah I have a cat too, named Lucy.

Sunfire
07-24-2005, 11:37 PM
Celeste I edited my post! I realized what I said after I posted, lol! Oops!

Anyways, I tried W.W.! I really liked it. But now I'm just counting calories. I am for 1800 cals a day, but if I have 1900-2000 that's ok too, because I can lose on eating that much (even with out exercise!). But my goal is 1800. I know I'll have to change that once I start losing more, though. BUT I really need to get in and exercise! I know this would help me greatly.

I need to be accountable with what I eat, also. I have a Palm Pilot, and I have written down everything I have eaten for the past few weeks, good or bad. But sometimes I don't count calories, and that's not good. Counting really helps keep me on track. I'm not obsessive with it, either. And I eat whatever I want as well, as long as I stay in my calorie range.

Hi Jennifer! So glad you are here. :D Good luck on Atkins! But please, PLEASE be careful! It can be a dangerous diet, especially if you exercise! Ok, now that I have said that (I'm sorry if saying that is annoying, I just can't help myself when it comes to that diet!), congrats on your weight loss. :D My goal weight is 150 as well!

Maybe we can check in once a week with our weight? Or if some like to weigh in less, they can weigh in whenever they want? How about Friday's? Let me know what you guys think. We don't even have to do that! But if you guys like that idea, maybe I can build a chart or something for us, so we can see our progress. Or I guess our trackers are cool, too.

It's so funny... I remember like a year and a half ago when I was like 180 pounds. Gawd, how I would love to be there again. But soon, right? :D

Celeste0722
07-24-2005, 11:42 PM
Doesn't matter to me! My weigh ins are on Mondays(crossfing that I lose 2 lbs so i can officially say I've lost 50 lbs!!)

I'm glad you started this thread..I could really use the motivation/support. Another motivator for me though..my husband promised me a cruise if I lost my weight and maintained it for a year...He didn't realize that I am getting to my goal this soon :lol:

Sunfire
07-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Well maybe we can just weigh in whenever day! We'll just post it on the day we choose to weigh in. Because I know everyone likes differnent days!

Oooo! What a great reward, a cruise! I'm going on one in January. :p Have you ever been on one? They are GREAT! And I would LOVE to lose the majority of my weight by then. I really don't want to feel this uncomfortable come cruise time.

jennyhenny0330
07-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Nicki and Celeste have yall tried using mybodycomp.com. It's a neat website. It allows you to enter all your measurements and save them. You can go back later and do another one. And you can tell itto give you a "progress report". It tells you how many inches you have lost. It's pretty cool! I started last wednesday and couldnt wait to do it again on Saturday. I know I should just do it once a week. I weigh myself everyday so it doesn't matter too me.

Celeste0722
07-25-2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah, we went on one for our honeymoon! I LOOVED it and have been dying to take another one! The good thing is that they have a gym so I will definitely be taking advantage of that!

Celeste0722
07-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Jenny, yeah, I use my bodycomp :yes: It's really neat to compare and see how many inches I've lost!

Sunfire
07-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Ok quick question. Should we try and give eachother advice in here, or only support? Because I have learned lots from reading articles and by studying my personal training book, and I want to share my information. BUT I don't want to come across as a "know-it-all" or anything like that. Please tell me what you guys think. I love to help others, but not if it's going to annoy some people on here!

Anyways, Celeste where did you guys go on your first one and where are you gonna go on your future one? We (boyfriend and I) went to the Mexican Riveria last year. The 3 stops were Puerta Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan. It was a BLAST! We are going to the Western Carribean this time, I forget the stops. Like.. Cozumel... Ocho Rio's or something like that and one more, lol. Oooo I can't wait!

Celeste how old are you and where do you live?! You and Jenny sound so cool. :D

Jenny, I have not used that but I will check it out! It sounds really cool. :D

What are you all up to tonight?

Celeste0722
07-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Nicki, I say go ahead and give advice! I don't mind learning something new!

On our first one, we went to the Western Carribean..Cozumel, Playa del Carmen. We had a BLAST!! The one I'm looking at goes to Cozumel and Belize I believe.

Heehee, thanks :lol: I'm 29 and I'm in TX..It's a small town right between Dallas and Ft Worth.

I'm just surfing the net :lol: I should be going to bed but I'm not really sleepy!

jennyhenny0330
07-25-2005, 12:40 AM
I don't mind advice...I think I'll need all the advice I can get. I've never been on a cruise. They sound fun. However I did just take a 2 week trip to LA and Las Vegas. Gamblings in my blood. Can you gamble on those cruises? He Celeste, I'm from Texas too! San Antonio originally, but right now im in Lubbock taking summer courses:(. I miss my family. I actually should be studying, I have a test tomarow and another on tuesday. Oh well. Right now I'm just online, watching the forums, that I've posted on. I have a current events quiz tomarow soo I'm taking notes from cnn.com and foxnews.com. I should be signing off soon.

Celeste0722
07-25-2005, 01:29 AM
Jenny, have you heard of Hereford? Yeah, on the Carnival cruise at least, you can gamble. Good luck on your quiz!! I have an algebra exam tomorrow :(

Meldiggety
07-25-2005, 01:45 AM
Hi Nicki -Thanks for giving me the link to this post. I am looking forward to all of the support/accountability we can give each other!

Hello Jenny & Celeste! My name is Melanie and I am 25 years old. I have been married for 4 years and we have one baby boy who's a year and a half. I have about 45 lbs to lose. Once I do, I am going to get a breast reduction which I am SO looking forward to. I should feel like a new woman by then - HOORAY for that day!

So far I am counting calories which works well. Probably my biggest challenge right now is when I go out to eat or to someone's for dinner because I don't always know how the food has been prepared. Lately, when we go out to eat, I usually go online and try to find the calorie content before hand, but that's not always possible. I guess portion control has been my lifelong struggle, but I am getting better. I do Tae Bo 5 to 6 times per week (when the baby is napping!) and I walk 3 miles a day 4 to 5 times per week with my neighbor.

Does anyone else find that there weight fluctuates like crazy? During my "TOM" I can be 4 lbs heavier and then as soon as it goes away, so does the 4 lbs! Also, I tend to carry water weight easily which is constantly changing my weight. I guess I need to stop weighing myself so much because it can be pretty defeating when you are working so hard but the scale is going up and down and all over the place!

Anyways, nice to have you all :D
Melanie

Sunfire
07-25-2005, 02:53 AM
Oh Las Vegas! I love Las Vegas! I went for the first time (well, second time... my family and I went when I was little, so that doesn't count, lol) in Feb. and it was great! We saw a few shows, it was fun.

Yeah, I weigh myself once a week... although I do step on the scale sometimes during the week, BUT I take it w/ a grain of salt because I know that my weight can fluctuate. But yeah I weigh myself every Friday, and try my hardest to do it just on that day. My boyfriend threatened to hide the scale from me if I do it more than that! :o LOL He's really supportive of me, though, so that is great.

Anyways I'm really excited about our support group! I hope more people join us! :D

Celeste0722
07-25-2005, 10:33 AM
I lost 1.5 lbs, down 49.5 lbs. Dang it! I was hoping to hit 50 lbs :lol: OOHHH well.

Hi Melanie!! We've been married for 4 years as well! I want a breast reduction as well, SOO bad. I'm sure that's another 10 lbs off of me right there. But I want to wait until we're done having kids.

My weight definitely flucutates. I'm so bad about weighing myself during the day and it'll fluctuate 2-3 lbs.

haleys
07-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Hey everyone, hope you don't mind if I join in. I think it'd be great to have an advice and support thread, because they both help with the weight loss process.

I think it'd be a good idea to have a weigh in sometime once a week, just so we can congratulate each other on losses and give advice to maintains/gains. I weigh in on Sunday, so I can just report my weight whenever that Sunday comes around.

Hope you're all doing well, good luck!

Sunfire
07-25-2005, 05:01 PM
LOL Celeste! That's ok, you will hit it next week. *insert sarcastic* And I mean yeah it must suck to be you right now because, you know, you have only lost 49.5 pounds and not 50 pounds. Yeah, sucks.

Just kidding, of course! :p I can't wait until I have your problems!

Anyways, hi Haley! So glad you are joining. :D So your weigh in day is Sunday? That's cool. I'm trying to remember everyone's weigh in day so that we can keep track! Maybe I will edit my first post and put down everyone's weigh in day, that way we can keep eachother accountable? What do you guys think? If not that's cool too. :D

haleys
07-25-2005, 05:17 PM
That sounds like a good idea to have separate days or you could just say ok Monday is weigh in day and whenever you weigh in next, just put your loss down. Whatever you think will work best is great.

I like your napoleon dyanmite quote down there. That movie is hilarious.

Meldiggety
07-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey Haley! Napoleon Dynamite is the best. I laughed my butt of when I first saw that movie :lol: Actually, I still laugh everytime!

About the weigh in day, I think I will start fresh with this, being that I was obsessively weighing myself before! I think I will just change my day to Friday so I can be on the same page with ya Nicki - cool?

Peace Out - hee hee ;)
Melanie

Sunfire
07-26-2005, 12:29 AM
I LOVE Napoleon Dynamite! Man, it's just SO funny! It's one of those movies... either you love it or you hate it! No in between, lol. I told a guy at work to watch it, and if he didn't laugh in the first 20 min. or so, then to turn it off because that's how the whole movie is. LOL :D

Anyways ok, I think I will go through our posts and see what day you guys said you would weigh in on, and then I will post it in my first post of this thread. That way we have easy access as to when someone has to weigh in, and we can sort of "check up" on them. Like "Nicki, today is Friday and you haven't weighed in yet!" or something, lol. Or no? If not I don't have to. Whatever you guys think.

Celeste0722
07-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Nicki, Dang that .5 lb :lol:

LOOOVE Napolean Dynamite too!! I too have found that people either hate it or love it.

That's a good idea, just put somewhere when our weigh in day is so we can check up on everyone else :D

Hope everyone is having a good day! Thursday, my mom is taking me out to dinner and shopping (last Fri was my birthday but we've been super busy so couldn't do it that weekend)

Sunfire
07-26-2005, 01:25 AM
Celeste :p

Ok then I will put our weigh in day in my first post of this thread. That way it's really easy to find. If you don't want it there, tell me here or PM me and I'll happily bring it down! OR if you're not gonna weigh in every week, that's fine too!

Happy late birthday Celeste! :D Where are you guys going to dinner? My boyfriend and I had our 2 year anniversary yesterday, but we were both working so we went to a late lunch/early dinner today. My dinner was probably a million calories, so I feel kinda bad about it. Plus, me and my damn sweet tooth, I got some candy too. Ugh. BUT tomorrow is a new day, and my goal is to eat healthy, drink plenty of water and and workout, whether that means do weights here at home to go to the gym and run. We'll see.

How was everyone's day today?

Celeste0722
07-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Morning!!! I think I am going to take a break from running today. My hips are a little bit sore..

Nicki thanks!! I'm not sure yet...we may go for Mexican..I LOOVE Mexican. A million calories? :lol: I definitely have days like that but I'll usually do some extra exercise. Hope you do better today!

Meldiggety
07-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Hey Ladies,

Feeling a little crappy today - it's my "TOM" so I am bloated, not motivated to exercise (but I am making myself after this post), and I just get impatient sometimes when I feel the weight is coming off too slowly. When I have as much weight to lose as I do, I always thought that the first 10 lbs would melt off quickly, but it's been pretty steady/slow to this point. I don't know, I guess I need to just practice positive self talk and I can't expect my body to change overnight. It makes me feel good to know what I am doing for myself, but I just wish I saw results, even if it was a little something - ya know? With all the sacrifice, it would just be nice to have a little jump start with losing weight....

Hope you are all doing well and making good choices!

Melanie

Sunfire
07-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Celeste I love Mexican food too! Sorry that your hips are sore. :( But good job on taking a break, that's what you should do!

Melanie, I know the feeling, trust me. But I just try to remember that I didn't put the weight on overnight, so it won't come off overnight (as much as I want it to!). And they say the longer it takes you to lose it, the longer you will keep it off. Whatever. I hate when people say that crap to me, lol. I just wanna lose it!

Well, I think I need some support right now. I REALLY REALLY want to make this a good eating day for me. It's been a while since I have had one. For breakfast I had frosted mini wheats (which is fine by me) but THEN, like a few min. ago I had some candy. Liiiike 2 handfuls or so. No more candy in the house, so that is good. And I didn't eat a lot, but I wish I didn't eat any at all. Because I tend to be the pesron who like... can't have a treat like that w/ out going overboard. I think "well, I already screwed up, might as well have my whole day be bad". But it really wasn't that much candy.

Help? I'm ok if I eat healthy for the rest of the day, right?!

Celeste0722
07-26-2005, 04:56 PM
I should be working out on the elliptical...but I'm filling out DD's party invites..

Melanie-Losing weight steadily is the best way to do it! If you lose it too fast, then you could gain it back quicker (like Nicki said :lol: ) 10 lbs is an AWESOME accomplishment! I understand though, at the beginning, it was tough because I was working my booty off but not seeing results. But be patient, you'll see it shortly!

Nicki-I'm gonna start running again tomorrow!! Woohoo! We're going out to eat again for lunch for my friend's DD and her DH (they were born on the same day). As far as the candy, I'm sure you'll be fine. I've done the same thing :blush: But I did better that week and exercised and I still lost weight.

Today has been pretty good. Went to Bennigan's for lunch and I got the grilled chicken platter with steamed broccoli and rice. Only ate one of the chicken breasts (they give you 2!).

Sunfire
07-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Wow Celeste, sounds like you did really good at lunch! Good for you. And you're right... the candy I ate... it will be fine. I don't have anymore of it, so that is good. I won't buy it again. If I don't buy it I can't eat it, right? LOL

And a party sounds like fun. :D

Hey what do you all do for a living? Just wondering. Today is my day off so I'm bored at home, lol. I work in TV production. It's cool.

Celeste0722
07-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I have done that before, and I've still lost weight. I just made sure to make better choices and to exercise.

I'm a SAHM for right now..I'm hoping to get into Nursing School!

Meldiggety
07-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks for listening and understanding my frusteration gals! Just finished doing my Tae Bo - I was so tired towards the end - after I was done I was stumbling to the kitchen to get water - LOL!

Nicki - Just try to figure out the calories for the candy you ate and eat that much less calories today and you will still be within your calorie range. I have done that with jelly beans once before, so it went toward one of my snacks for the day (it wasn't filling, but it was the choice I made)! Anyhoo, you'll be fine, just get right back on the horse darlin'!

Celeste - In the beginning of your weight loss, how long did it take you to work your booty off (ha ha) before noticing results? Wow, you really made a great choice for lunch - I am sure you will make another great choice for your friends lunch too. Let us know how running goes for you. That's great about nursing school! My mom's a nurse and she loves her job, she is great at it too. She works with terminal cancer patients which is difficult, but she is so touched by the dying and their family.

I am also a SAHM for the time being. I was in Human Resources as a Benefits Admin. before I had the baby. I am going to go back to school soon......I am thinking about becoming a dietician or nutritionist because I am known by my friends as a health nut and nutrition and helping others both interests me. There's still a chance I may go for my Human Resources degree......we'll see.

Hope you all are having a nice day ;)

Celeste0722
07-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Melanie-OH man, I have definitely been there and have felt those same frustrations! As far as noticing changes, I would probably say around 20-25 lbs..It was the small changes that I noticed. The first change I noticed were my calves :lol: And also by 20 lbs I was able to go down a size. That's neat your mom's a nurse! My mom's a nurse too! Ooh, how neat about going back to school to become a dietician or nutritionist!

OK, I am REALLY going to go work out on the elliptical machine :lol:

haleys
07-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Ohhh mann I'm tired, I'm trying to make excuses to not go to the gym, but I don't have time for that crap (excuses), so I'm just gonna go to the gym after I get an oil change (that's not an excuse, I really do need to do that).

Anyways, I've lost 15 lbs so far and haven't noticed a change at all, my mom said my face has gotten a lot thinner and she can tell I've lost weight. I don't think I look any different, though. I'm going to take a picture in the next few days of myself and keep taking pictures along the way so I can see the changes. Hopefully my clothes will start fitting more loosely soon, except then I don't know what I'm going to do about getting new clothes. I don't want to waste money on in between clothes but I can't keep wearing my size 16's if they are falling off.

Don't worry about a handful of candy, Nicki, at least it's gone now and if you don't buy anymore you won't have the temptation. What Melanie said is a great idea about figuring it into your calories and just thinking of it as a snack.

Good luck!

mom2nicolenmatthew
07-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi my name is Melissa I am 21 yrs old and stahm to dd (3yrs old) and ds (8 weeks old) I am a proud Navy wife! I am going to lose 50-60lbs although I dont care what the scale says the sizes are more important to me. I am doing Atkins for life and my exercises are "fit to strip" and "callanetics"

I would love to join you all and give support!

Meldiggety
07-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Hi Melissa - welcome aboard :)

Haley - I know what you mean! It's amazing how many lbs you actually have to lose before seeing any changes! Since having the baby a year and half ago, I have lost 25 lbs - but it was so slow that I really can't tell the difference - the only way I know is that there are lots of clothes that are too big for me now which is fine by me!
One day at a time.....

How was your workout Celeste?

Celeste0722
07-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Hi Melissa!

Melanie, it was pretty good. I need to take a shower, but I gotta get started on dinner..I'm making Angel Hair Chicken..

Meldiggety
07-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Sounds yummy! Good job on your workout - each one is an accomplishment for me!

fitnessweetie
07-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Hi! I am a newbie. I am also, looking to lose about 60 plus pounds. I am 5'6 and weight goal of 150lbs. I have lost about this amount before I got married. Then within 3 years I had two wonderful kids. A 2 and a half year old girl and a almost 7 month old little boy. And the weight is back on. I am 37 yo stay at home mom. I did do nursing for 11 years and loved it, but that is on hold for right now. I workout at least 3 days a week at 5:30a.m. with a personal trainer. Has anyone tried fitday.com I have found it to be a great way to count cals, and other stuff too. I try to stay within 1500-1800 cals a day. I love working out, but I need to do more cardio!!!! It is hard sometimes with the kids. Hope to meet others for support!!!
Karen

Sunfire
07-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Hi Karen and Melissa! So glad you are joining us. :D Another stay at home Mom! Wow. When I have kids (not for a long time!) I am going to stay home too. I think that's really cool. Karen that's awesome you work with a personal trainer. Share any tips they give you! :p

Oh, so we decided to pick a day (any day) and weigh in once a week. If you weigh in less than once a week, like once every 2 weeks or once a month, that's fine too. But if you want, you can pick a day and then I will put your name and your weigh in day in my first post of this thread. That way it's easy to find and we can see how we are all doing. If you don't want to do that, that's fine too. :D

And yeah Haley, you and Melanie are right. But the bad thing? I had chinese food today. Ugh. I didn't eat that much of it though, so that is good. But still. I really want to get back on track and do good now. I find it weight, though that I get all this motivation to do good and stay on track everytime I eat something I shouldn't. Why can't I remember that feeling BEFORE I eat something that isn't good for me?!

haleys
07-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Nicki, it really is about learning to feel that way before. I never used to feel bad if I ate something bad until I finished it, then I would feel awful. Now, I think about how hard I am working to lose weight and how much I want this and that pretty much stops any bad eating. Maybe that can help you, too? Don't beat yourself up when you eat badly, just pick yourself up and keep going. Besides there's nothing wrong with eating chinese food or anything else as long as it is done in moderation (which it sounds like you have done).

I just finished an hour workout on the elliptical with about 30 minutes of strength training and am gonna go eat some dinner.

Welcome to Karen and Melissa, good luck!

Meldiggety
07-26-2005, 10:24 PM
Haley - I completely agree with everything you said. Good job on the workout!

Don't fret Nicki - but just take the feeling you felt after eating the chinese food and remember it everytime you are about to eat something questionable. I am not saying to never have chinese food, but make sure you are eating the healthiest choices available (nothing fried or breaded). A good option is almond chicken or kung pao chicken (full of veggies and protein) with a cup of white rice. It's filling and much easier to figure out calories than with something fried. Anyways, I think it's good to have your conscience working - that means you are aware and that you really want this. Whatever you do, don't think that you screwed everything up so you may as well eat whatever you feel like - that will really get you down! You're learning your pressure points and now you know what to prepare for when eating out in the future. It's all about pre-planning!

Hello Karen :) You are doing great for working out so early in the am 3 X per week. I know how challenging it can be with babies. I have a baby boy, so I realize how you have to plan everything out in order to get anything accomplished.......and sometimes you can't stick to the plan because kids are unpredictable. That's why it will be even sweeter once we reach our goals - we have more challenges, but we can do it! Welcome aboard!

jennyhenny0330
07-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Welcome Newbies! Sorry I wanted to post earlier but I was in pain, I can't move! Im sunburn all over my arms and shoulders and back. I am soo dumb. But I did manage to get 4 hours of exercise in the pool. Anyways I also had 2 tests this week. I am done now, though not for good. So I should be active here in the coming days.

Meldiggety
07-27-2005, 02:39 AM
Here's a thread I posted that I thought might interest you all;

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=913509#post913509

Hugs,
Mel

fitnessweetie
07-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Has anyone had nausea when working out with weights? Today, I did. I was lifting much heavier weights and doing them at a fast pace. I think that my heart could not keep up that much, but my stomach as been abit upset this morning.

Please put me down in weighing in on fridays....

Also, how do you put the cute gaphics of weight loss goals in. I love it, but I am not sure how you do that? Hummmm, can anyone help. Hope everyone has a great day!
See ya!
Karen

haleys
07-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Jenny, I'm so sorry about your sunburn, I burn VERY easily because I'm fair-skinned so I know how that is. Use aloe vera, it soothes it! And congrats on your exercise in the pool!

Melanie, a nurse at my school suggested I start using Stevia, but I had forgotten about it. I think I'm going to get some and try it out, I don't really use much sugar, but I would much rather have a healthy calorie/carb free substitute for when I do. Thank you!

Karen, to get the weight tracker in your profile go to User CP (at the top above 3FC Home). Click on Edit Signature on the left. There are some instructions then it has a weight tracker, click on the weight tracker and choose which things you want for your tracker, then copy the code that comes up in the box (it should say use this one for 3FC), paste it into the empty box where it says Your Signature. You can add anything else you'd like in there too. Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, ask away! Also, I have never experienced nausea while doing weights, but I used to get light-headed, dizzy and blackout, so if any of this ever happens, don't keep lifting weights! I talked to my doctor about it, who diagnosed me with something, so if you have any of those things happen, let me know, and I'll tell you what my doctor told me about it.

I am SSSOOOOOOOOOOOO SORE. My legs feel like they're about to fall off which sucks, but I'm glad I feel sore because I know I worked really hard yesterday. My arms aren't sore which makes me wonder if I'm not using high enough weights, but I struggle to lift the weights I do, maybe I'll just do less weight and more reps. I'm going to strength train every other day, so we'll find out tomorrow.

Celeste0722
07-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Hello everyone!

I did my 5k today and did pretty well! I may work out on the elliptical but not sure if I'll have time today..

Meldiggety
07-27-2005, 02:19 PM
Good Job Celeste!

Haley - that's awesome you are working out so efficiently ;) Oh yeah, and Stevia's the best - especially if you are having a hard time getting enough water in!

Sunfire
07-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Karen, doing heavy weights fast like that is not very good for you! Not too sure about the nausea thing, but you should always do your weights slow so you don't hurt yourself. And your muscles know time, not reps, if that makes sense?

Meldiggety
07-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Hey Ladies,

I thought it might be fun for us to post pictures of each other; any pics with you, your family, significant others, etc.... so we can put a face to a name :)

I will start;
My Family
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/meldiggety/thefam1.jpg

Me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/meldiggety/meldarkhair.jpg

My Cute Baby Boy :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/meldiggety/sweetsmile.jpg

Now it's someone else's turn ;)
Melanie

Celeste0722
07-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Good idea!! Melanie, you have a beautiful family! Your little boy is a cutie!!

Here's me:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d837b3127cce92633d0bc08700000025119AZNGTFi4ao

This is my daughter Kalynn at Dora Live last weekend
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d905b3127cce92abe7abe57f00000016109AZNGTFi4ao

And my husband Bill and DD Kalynn at Dora Live
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d905b3127cce92abe7bde56900000016109AZNGTFi4ao

Sunfire
07-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Melanie, great idea! And ok, you and your family are SO CUTE! You are very, VERY pretty. Your hubby is handsome and your little boy is ADORABLE! His blue eyes are amazing! Beautiful family. :D

Here's my boyfriend and I at Disneyland (or I think it was actually California Adventure)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Sunfire/6472bcba.jpg

This is my kitty Cha-Chi. OMG I love her so much! Sorry if the pic is kinda big.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Sunfire/877de322.jpg

This is me waving! That is a really good pic of me I think, because my face doesn't look as chubby. :p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Sunfire/Picture_15.jpg

Ooo that was fun! More pics guys! :D

Sunfire
07-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Celest you and your family are adorbale! Awww, you guys have really cute familys, and you are all hotties yourself. :p

Sunfire
07-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Haley, about the sorness and weights... my old trainer told me that just because you're not sore doesn't mean that you didn't have a good workout. If the weights you are lifting right now are heavy enough for you, then that is great! Don't mess with that. I think if you want to (and you should if it's been more than 6-8 weeks) change your routine around. Here is a cool link (http://exrx.net/Lists/WtFemale.html). You just click on the body part you want to work out, and it gives you lots of different exercises! I love it.

Oh and thanks Melanie and Haley for what you said earlier. I think I will copy/paste what you said and put it somewhere for quick reference! :D

haleys
07-27-2005, 05:56 PM
6-8 Weeks?? I wish! I've been getting more serious about weight training for the past....2 weeks, so I have a ways to go. That link is pretty cool and very informative, I'm going to bookmark it so I can look at it a little later on.

Now, those are some cute kids! I don't have any pics of myself on my computer, but if I get some I'll post them. I'm planning on taking a picture so I can do a before/after comparison (straight on shot/side shot/back shot).

Meldiggety
07-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Celeste - You have the cutest figure and such strong shapely legs. I can't wait till I can accomplish all that you have! You look great and you deserve it from all your hard work. :cool: What a sweet family too, your daughter is such a perfect mixture of you and your hubby!

Nicki - You & are your boyfriend are really cute together - you look like you are such good friends, which is so important in a healthy relationship! I love your cats name - how creative "Cha Chi" - LOL! I love the 2nd pic of you too! I am glad that what Haley and I said helped a little - I hope it truly helps when temptation is present! Oh, and thanks for the compliment - I have been truly blessed with a wonderful hubby and a precious little boy :D

Thanks ladies for sharing your pics - now I feel like I know you all a little better!

Melanie

Sunfire
07-28-2005, 01:37 AM
Thanks Melanie! Yeah we are like best friends. :D You are so sweet!

And yeah, what you guys said really did help. It's 9:35pm right now, and I have 2 more hours to go at work. Hopefully I can eat well the rest of the night. About this time, it's really hard for me! I haven't eaten all that much today. I think it's because I was actually DOING stuff, you know? Well, I mean I have eaten a decent amount, but I haven't gone totally over my calories I don't think. So that's good.

How are you all doing?

Meldiggety
07-28-2005, 02:27 AM
Hey Nicki -

Only 1 more hour of work - huh? Hope it goes by quick for ya! I am so glad today wasn't a struggle for you. Today has gone really well for me too! I was telling my husband how weird it feels to have eaten dinner and only be at 1200 calories and not be starving still! I think my stomach is finally shrinking and I don't feel deprived - that in itself is a miracle for me! I was able to have some low fat ice cream tonight as a snack because I was short calories........what a weird concept for me! What I am struggling most with right now is the exercise - I am doing it everyday, but everyday I have to force myself - last week I was all jazzed about it, but this week I feel like "do I have to?" LOL! I guess my energy level is lower this week.......hmmm, wonder if it could have anything to do with my "TOM"?? I don't know :dizzy:

Have a great night and I will post tomorrow - nighty night buddy!

haleys
07-28-2005, 11:53 AM
I've NEVER felt energetic about going to the gym. I get bored easily when I'm just on the elliptical and am just kind of counting down the minutes. I'm going to my 2nd kick boxing class today and am excited because the last one was kind of a flop (too hard to follow so I left early). I'm a little worried it'll again be too hard to follow, but oh well, I'm going to at least stay for the whole class and if it gets too hard to follow I'll just jog in place until I know what's going on. I feel so awesome after I work out that even if I get bored, it's worth it!

Melanie, I know what you mean about the 1200 calories and not be starving still. When I first started I was hungry, but my body adjusted to the new intake and is fine now. A yogurt used to not fill me up at all, now it's a great snack and is filling for me! And I'm guessing it has a lot to do with your TOM, I don't feel a lot like working out when it's mine.

Meldiggety
07-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Haley - I totally hear you about the exercise. I have never been a fan of it, but like you said, I love the way I feel afterwards and that is the part that hooks me! It's like a natural high, plus you know you are doing your body good! Isn't it great how your body adjusts to eating less - it makes me realize how much I was overeating before! Sounds like you are doing great - keep it up!

Melanie ;)

Sunfire
07-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Man I can't wait until I can eat less! I am hungry on 2000 calories! But I try to not eat more than that. I don't think I could get down to 1200, but I hope to maintain at like 1800. I like to eat, lol.

Well, I didn't get a chance to go to the gym today because I had a lot of other crap going on, but plan to tomorrow. And I had Taco Bell. :( I honestly didn't have time to pack anything, and had to do all my stuff and come right to work. BUT I plan on adding it into my total calories today, so hopefully that will be ok. I'm usually ok if I eat something like that, but still stay within my calorie range.

Man, I need to go grocery shopping tonight, also! How are you all doing?

Melanie tomorrow is weigh-in day! :^: :dizzy:

Meldiggety
07-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey Nicki,

I liked to eat a lot too.....3 weeks ago I was eating about 2000 calories per day and still felt starving, but this week my body is adjusting and it's great! This week I have been eating about 1300 - 1400 calories per day and it is perfect. I could eat less but I don't want my metabolism to slow down, plus it's not healthy to go below 1200 calories per day long term.

So, what will our weigh in day look like - are we posting our weight or lbs lost or both? What are you going to do?

Sunfire
07-29-2005, 12:24 AM
I had a yummy salad w/ lots of veggies for dinner! Yay! It felt really good to eat that. :D

Yeah I can't wait until my stomach shrinks! :p

Welllll I dunno. I'll probably post both. Although I have only been eating good the past few days, so I'm not sure how well I will do. Hopefully at LEAST stay the same. But yeah, I'll probably post both. What are you gonna do?

Meldiggety
07-29-2005, 01:05 AM
I will post my weight loss from week 1 to now (week 3 for me). We'll see!

Celeste0722
07-29-2005, 01:39 AM
Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. I have been so busy, it's been crazy! And this weekend, I'll be even more busy!!

Eating wise...wasn't the greatest...I wasn't able to run either. But, I will run tomorrow!!

Meldiggety
07-29-2005, 01:58 AM
Thanks for posting and checking in Celeste!

That's so awesome you're a runner :D Have fun tomorrow!
Melanie

haleys
07-29-2005, 11:50 AM
I went to the gym last night, so glad I was able to go home then get my butt up to go to the gym. Usually when I'm at home I can't get inspired, so that's why I go right after work, but I did it today. My legs are sssoooo sore still and my arms hurt if I hold them up for a while, I was trying to straighten my hair this morning and I felt like my arms were going to fall off while I was holding them up, ouch. I didn't eat enough yesterday, ick.

Good luck with your weigh in, Nicki! I'll probably just post something like this week I lost ____ pounds and now I'm at ____. And your body will adjust to a lower amount of calories, but it's better not to just go from 2000 to 1200, which I think you know since you said you might drop it down to 1800.

Meldiggety
07-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Ok, here's my weigh-in to date;

Week 1 = 190.5
Week 2 = 185.5
Week 3 = 181.5 (Today's weigh-in)

Total lbs lost = 9!! WOO HOO :D

Meldiggety
07-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi Haley!

Good job on your workout yesterday, way to be motivated! Don't you feel so much better about yourself afterwards? I know I do.

Have a great day and weekend if I don't hear from you - keep up the great work!

Melanie

Meldiggety
07-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Nicki-

How are you today? Are you around yet? Hope all is well, just checking in!

Melanie

haleys
07-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Melanie, CONGRATS on the weightloss! That's awesome!! And I'm pretty much always around. I work on the computer all day and most of the day there isn't much work to do, so I'm usually browsing around on 3FC most of the day and on the weekends I check in a few times a day. I definitely do feel better after my workouts and I'm glad I can motivate myself to go. Have to go again today and tomorrow so I can get 5 days in this week (I skipped Monday).

Have a great weekend, everyone, and good luck!

Meldiggety
07-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Hey Haley!

Thanks for the encouragement. The exercise part has been harder for me than the eating part, but it has been paying off and my body is thankful ;) Good job yourself on keeping up with the execise motivation!! I skipped Monday's workout this week too, so I will either work out on Saturday or Sunday to get a full 5 days in. Speaking of workouts, I have to go get one in right now while the baby is sleeping......Tae Bo, here I come!

I am online on and off all day too, so feel free to pm me or post here whenever!

Melanie

Sunfire
07-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi guys! Since I work late, I don't get up until late. I woke up at 11:30 today. :p That's kinda late for me. It's usually 10:30-11am, but for the past month my boyfriend has been on a weird schedule, and he didn't get home until 2am. So I would wait up for him, and that kinda threw off my sleeping patterns. He's back to his normal shift now, so I need to adjust back! It's so hard for me because I LOVE to sleep in and HATE getting up early! :p

Anyways, I weighed in today. 205 :( . So I'm up 2. But I find it so odd, because the other day (yes, I know, bad to weigh yourself more than once a week! I can't help it) I was at 203. So I'm surprised. AND I have been eating good the past few days. Ugh. I am totally NOT trying to make excuses, but my boyfriend (his name is Troy! so I'll call him that from here on out, lol) moved the scale to clean the bathroom floor, and I'm not sure if that messed it up or not. My scale is SO sensitive. I can step on it, and it says 203. And then I get off, and step on it again and it will say 204! It's really weird and hard to trust. So I mean, who knows. I'll just have to take the 2 pound weight gain and do better this week. Blah.

Haley GREAT job on going to the gym! That is really, really awesome! :D

Meldiggety
07-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi Nicki :)

Maybe you should invest in a more accurate scale? That would drive me nuts if my scale was always going up and down - especially when making such an effort to lose weight!

I am sure things will be better from here on out. Don't let what the scale said discourage you either - it might not even be right and if it is, it could be water weight.

Anyways, have a terrific day!
Melanie

haleys
07-29-2005, 05:44 PM
I agree with Melanie, it may be a good idea to get a better scale. The one I have now was about 30 bucks and it SUCKS. It has the body fat measurement and all that, but it was so complicated, I don't even know how to use it. On the package it said that it was to the ounce, but the scale only does .5, which can be annoying. I also call our scale "the haunted scale," it beeps when someone steps on it and beeps when the weight comes up. It also will beep randomly when no one is standing on it or even near it, creeeeeeeeeeeeeepppyy. I'm going to get a better scale to take back to the dorm with me, so yeah, I'd suggest getting a new scale, maybe one that isn't so sensitive. And I'm guessing if you got on and it was 203 then got on a few days later to see 205 that it's either the scale being weird or just water weight, like Melanie said.

I used to only weigh once a week, but that's impossible for me now. I get on every morning after I wake up just to see where I am, before I thought it was a bad idea, but now I find it kind of motivating.

I think I might skip the workout today and just go Saturday & Sunday to finish up my 5 days. We'll see how I feel when I leave work. Ohhh, or maybe I'll go play tennis today (and still go Sat & Sun). I'm soo booorrrrrrreeeeeeeeeedddddddddd.

Sunfire
07-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Hey guys! Yeah, I should get a better scale. But I bought that one after the one before that was doing the same thing! Only it was worse. This one isn't as bad, but still. Ugh. I think maybe if I don't touch it for a while, it should be fine. My Mom has a Dr. scale! Those things are really accurate. I wish I had one! It was expensive, she said. Maybe some day. :p

Anyways, thanks for making me feel better you guys. I appreciate it. :D

OH AND HELLO?! I think I forgot to say CONGRATS to you Melanie for losing that weight! How rude of me! I'm all into myself and my scale problems I forgot to say something! I thought it, though, if that counts? LOL Anyways yeah, great job. I hope we can BOTH say that we lost weight next week! :D

Meldiggety
07-29-2005, 06:54 PM
No worries Nicki! It's the thought that counts - LOL! I am truly trying my hardest, probably harder than I have ever tried for something in my life. I have always been one of those yo yo dieters. I would start a diet extremely motivated, then lose motivation by the 3rd day, I'd gain any weight I lost plus more, then would get so mad at myself and get on another diet - it was a vicious cycle. I am in a totally different head space now. I know if I don't lose this weight I will feel stuck in every aspect of my life. I want to have the confidence I had when I was younger. It's hard when you are constantly realizing that you could be better than you are but you aren't doing anything about it! That was me for too long!

Wow, I could talk about it all day - I bet you're glad I'm stopping - ha ha! :lol:

Haley - I do the same thing....weigh myself every morning. Even though the scale has been kind so far - I still wish I didn't do it. If I waited to weigh myself each week, it would be a way better surprise.....I'd rather see a whole 3 lbs lost, than a few ounces each day - know what I mean? I guess my curiosity gets the best of me in the end. :dizzy:

Sunfire
07-29-2005, 07:17 PM
Are you kidding? Please, continue! I love hearing that stuff. It really helps me, A LOT! I have only done good the past few days because I kept reminding myself what you and Haley said. So this helps! :D

Meldiggety
07-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Ok, so the other day you asked for more pics, Nicki - here are a few. You may recognize the people in the pictures with me - they are actors from the soap opera Days of Our Lives (DOOL). One of my friends is a huge fan of that soap, so she had me go with her to fan event - LOL! It was about a month or so ago......

Kyle Brandt & I. He's also known as Phillip on DOOL.
He was also on Real World Chicago.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/meldiggety/24163427-M.jpg

The beautiful Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe on DOOL) & I.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/meldiggety/24166929-M.jpg

I have more but I don't want to bore you all - LOL :lol:

Sunfire
07-29-2005, 08:33 PM
Oh so cool! Looks like it was fun. I remember that Real World Guy, and he was saying how he would never do a soap opera because he thought it was beneath him or SOMETHING like that. Yeah. Ok buddy.

:p You look pretty in both of those pics! :D ;)

fitnessweetie
07-29-2005, 10:28 PM
HI Gals... Sorry it has been a long long time. I have read all of the post to get caught up. Everyone is doing so great. I have not been lately, I will be having a new start in the morning, and want to see a lost at the end of the week. It was great to see all the pics of everyone, I will try to share some of mine. But somehow, my files are too big...Hummm is it me or what....LOL. No, I will get my hubby to help me when he gets home. Anyway, I think that everyone is doing really great!

See ya!!!

Sunfire
07-29-2005, 10:33 PM
Hey girly! Nice to see you. Totally post pics when you can! :D I love looking at pics, they are fun. I think if you load them to www.photobucket.com you can resize them there. But you know, whatever works!

Good luck for tomorrow! You will do great. ;)

Meldiggety
07-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Nicki - That is so funny what Kyle said on Real World - if he was too good for soaps then how come he's on one? BA HA HA HA! :lol:

Karen - Don't sweat it, we've all been there and had slip ups, just don't let it hold you back from moving forward! Keep on going, you can do it! :D

So thankful I have you guys to chat with :^:

Sunfire
07-30-2005, 12:16 AM
I'm so glad I have you guys to chat with too! :D

haleys
07-30-2005, 01:31 PM
Melanie, I totally know what you mean about the yo yo dieting. I would get all inspired one day then like 2 days later I'd be like "what, am I kidding myself? I can't do this" and then I'd stop. I just had to stop to realize, YES, I can do this and now I'm committed to losing it all. It does take a long time and it is hard, but it's all worth it.

I've been hearing a lot lately about how places don't hire people who are overweight as much as people who are fit and this really hit a nerve with me. I'm getting out of college in 2 or so years and will be looking for a job, even before I get out of school. I don't want anything getting in the way of me getting a great job.

Anywayyssss, I'm also glad you guys are around to chat with, you're so fun! I'm going to go to the gym now because I didn't go yesterday and I was going to play tennis but it decided to rain all evening.

fitnessweetie
07-30-2005, 09:46 PM
This is a test to see if my profile picture worked. Hopefully more to come.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar097/slider-lifter2/lb/229/150/225/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Sunfire
07-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Hi Karen! We can see your cute face in your avatar! :D

fitnessweetie
07-30-2005, 11:51 PM
Hello....Hope this works..... The first pic is of me and family at my son's blessing.... the second is of my two cuties, Jessica and Charlie. Boy, is there an easier way to post pics? I don't think that this is working??? Help???

Sunfire
07-31-2005, 12:24 AM
No I can't see ANY pics! Where are you getting your pics from? A website you put them on, or your home computer"?

jennyhenny0330
07-31-2005, 01:35 AM
Hey guys, whats up? As for me well yesterday I cheated all day. I don't feel too bad about it because It was the first in 14 days. And now I'm back on track. I haven't seen the scale move since last weekend! I wonder whats up with my body...Hopefully Im still losing inches. I hope i get atleast 1 complement next friday from my family bc I haven't seen them in since 7/5. Everyone seems to be doing well. I also check my scale everyday, right before I just into the shower. I'm also measuring myself on bodycomp twice a week. I know I should do it every other week. Anyhew I'll be posting pics soon.

haleys
07-31-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm not weighing in today because I was so BAD yesterday. I'm going to work out today and maybe weigh in tomorrow, we'll see. Ick.

fitnessweetie
07-31-2005, 03:23 PM
Hey Nicki

I am still having trouble with the pics. I am getting of our computer. I worked on it all night. I tried to make it on a folder on the avarter but that did not work...need a break...from trying... Anyway, I bought a new scale it is the one by weight watchers. it is really neat, it keeps a record of your weight and gives you a goal weight. It makes losing weight fun. Hope everyone is doing well. I work out today....I feel that it is okay to take a day off and eat anything you want within reason. I find that it is helpful for weight loss, as long as you get back the next day..... have fun everyone! :wave:

Meldiggety
07-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey Nicki, Karen, Haley & Jenny :)

How are all you ladies? I had a bit of a cheat day yesterday - and by cheat, I mean 2000 calories instead of 1500 which is ok for one day. I also went horseback riding w/ my hubby and friends for 3.5 hrs which killed my butt, thighs & back - I feel muscles I never knew I had. It doesn't seem like it should be that bad - but let me tell you that when your muscles are working and your adrenaline is going because of the steep up and down trails the horse is taking you on, you feel it! I found out that I burned 700 calories just from that - YEAH! I don't think I will do it again anytime soon, but it was an experience for sure :lol:

How is everyone's weekend going?

Melanie

Celeste0722
07-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Hey ladies! Uggh, I am NOT looking foward to my weigh in tomorrow. I ate HORRIBLY this weekend. I had to go to an Arbonne conference/convention and ate out, and then the rest of the week wasn't too great either :(

fitnessweetie
07-31-2005, 08:44 PM
:cb: Hi ya! Nicki, Melanie, Haley, and Jenny

Sounds like Melanie had a great weekend. The horse riding sounds like fun! It must be kinda hard to sit on the potty. I bet those thighs hurt!

I am trying to set some goals for myself for the new month. Here they are:

I will lose at least 10lbs by the end of the month.
I will workout for at least 4 days of the of week. At least two with weights and at least three cardio.

Goals for the week:

Stay within 1500-1800 cals
eat 5 veg/friuts a day
drink at least 3 glasses of water.

Wish me luck!

Hope that everyone is doing well

Celeste0722
07-31-2005, 08:45 PM
That is such a great idea to set goals for the month! I may have to steal that idea!

fitnessweetie
07-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Hi Celeste:

You have been doing so very well! I wish I was where you are! I think that you are doing GREAT!

Karen

Sunfire
08-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Haley, it's cool if you don't weigh in today. You could even wait until next week or at least the middle of next week! Whatever you feel like. :D

Karen your scale sounds so cool! That's neat that it keeps track of everything. And your goals sound GREAT. I like how you are doing that, making goals. Monthy goals scare me because if I mess up, I feel like I screwed up my whole month. So I think I'm going to make either weekly or daily goals along with you!

Haha Melanie, you're sore. :p Sometimes I like feeling sore! I dunno why?

Jenny your cheat day sounds well deserved! 14 days, that's a long time to go! Good for you. :D And do you think you hit a mini platue or something? That's weird that you stopped losing weight. How many weeks has it been since you stopped?

Anyways, guys, right now I need some support/encouragement/whatever right now. I really need to go to the gym. I have the time. But I just don't go. I don't understand what my problem is! I'm going to go for sure tomorrow, but it will be easy because it's my day off AND my boyfriend has to work, so I have nothing keeping me at home. So tomorrow is not a problem. It's every other day. I don't go to work until 2:45pm Wednesday-Sunday. I get up around... 11:30am (used to be 10:30am! I need to get back into that). So I for sure have the TIME to go. I just don't. What is my problem? I like how I feel at the end of a workout, when I'm all sweaty. I feel GREAT. Love it. I just want to remember that and go.

Help? :(

Meldiggety
08-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Karen - Great fitness goals!

I ate around 1850 calories today - I know it doesn't sound too bad, but I feel so gross because I ate too much at dinner. I was at about 800 calories with breakfast, snack and lunch combined and then went out and ordered a healthy chicken, veggie, potato meal, but I ate nearly the whole thing and it was around 1000 calories - Yikes!

Anyhoo, I am just freaked out about my stomach expanding again, don't want that to happen after I just worked so hard on my appetite shrinking!

Hope everyone is well and in good spirits!
Melanie

haleys
08-01-2005, 03:01 AM
Nicki, I get the same way, even when there is no reason I can't go to the gym I'm kind of just like ughh I don't want to go, but it really is worth it. Just keep remembering how you feel when you leave and how really in the course of a day its no time.

I'm going to stay on the ball this week because I want to lose 9 more pounds (well, it's still 9 if I didn't gain any this week) before I go back to school. I don't remember the last time I was under 200, so I'm actually excited about it. I took a 12 mile bike ride today, it was fun. Anndddd it looks like I MIGHT right in the MS150 in April. This means I would have to start training in December for the ride. I can't imagine riding 150 miles (well, actually it's about 180 miles). But I think it's a great goal, by then I should be at my goal weight and I just think it'd be an amazing experience.

Okay, I'm rambling now. Good luck this week! Remember to eat healthy, make good choices and keep exercising! We can do it!

fitnessweetie
08-01-2005, 04:46 AM
Melane:

I know how you feel, but look at it this way... If we eat the same cals everyday, when we would stay the same or platue. So it is good to go up or down with our cals sometimes. You might even find that you lost weight! Also, you burned alot of cals this weekend! I think that you are doing GREAT!

Karen

fitnessweetie
08-01-2005, 04:53 AM
Wow! Haley,

What a great goal. And I great way to keep off the weight for sure. It sounds like fun riding a bike. I am thinking of taking a spin class soon!!!

Nicki,

I have those days too. It helps me to look at my old pics to see how well I did before or to look at some pics of women who fit my body type who look nice and buff. Or I buy a new CD of some music, or called a friend to go with me...

Keep it up!!!
Karen

haleys
08-01-2005, 11:50 AM
I decided to weigh in this morning, I'm down to 207! It's only 1 pound lost, but I'm happy for anything after that bad day of eating. I guess that bike ride yesterday helped! I'm aiming for 2-3 pounds gone this week, so I really need to stick to my plan and keep the exercise up.

Melanie, it's funny you mentioned horseback riding because I was just talking about going yesterday. I love it, but yeah the soreness can suck. At least you burned some calories while doing it!

How was everyone's weekend?

Celeste0722
08-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Today was my weigh in!! I didn't lose any weight :( BUT I'm just glad I didn't gain any.

Meldiggety
08-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Sounds like we all need a group ((((HUG))))!!!

Celeste - You have been doing so awesome & you are so close to your goal - keep going, I know you can do it!

Haley - Good job on the loss!! 1 whole pound is actually quite a bit. Just look at a lb of meat and think about that coming off your body! Great going girl - the bike ride sounds difficult, but fun. Great aspirations as far as entering the MS150 in April.

Karen - Thanks so much for the encouragement - I know it's not the end of the world that I ate a lot at dinner last night, but I just hate that bloaty feeling - ya know?

Nicki - Did ya end up working out? How's the motivation going?

Ok Ladies, I just found out that American Idol auditions are in San Francisco on Aug 18 (3 wks away)! I have been a singer my whole life - performing in musicals, bands, choir, church, weddings, etc....when I was younger I was going to sign a record deal, but that fell through because the record company closed down. Every year I haven't been able to go to auditions.....one year we were away on vacation, the next year I was pregnant and the year after that I was breast feeding so I couldn't be away from the baby for a whole day. Now, there is nothing stopping me - WOO HOO! Can you ladies pray that I can be auditioned? It's not a for sure thing if you show up that they will have time to audition everyone. I am going to get there as early as they allow you, so we will see. Also, I plan to be down about 10 more lbs before then which means no overeating or skipping exercise!

Well, hope everyone is well and I am off to exercise!
Melanie

haleys
08-01-2005, 04:34 PM
Melanie, that is awesome!! I've always wished I could sing. Good luck, I'm hoping you get in for the audition and hope you do wonderfully. I've seen the lines on commercials for the auditions, so make sure you get there very early and are prepared for a long wait. Good luck!!!

Sunfire
08-01-2005, 08:27 PM
I just want to say really quick, that I went to the gym. I only did 27 min. on the treadmill (intervals), but it's better than nothing. I hope to lift weights tomorrow or something.

fitnessweetie
08-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Wow! What a great weekend for everyone! I achieve my daily goal today of eating 5 day and drinking my 3 glasses of water, staying within my cals. Also, I did 30mins of weight training and one hour cardiokick boxing. I kick some butt today, it was my own! Hope everyone has a great day on Tuesday!

Sunfire
08-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Great job Karen! That sounds awesome! :D

Meldiggety
08-02-2005, 12:27 AM
Haley - Thanks for the encouragement on the AI auditions :)

Nicki - That's awesome that you went to the gym - getting there is the hard part, so right on for you!

Karen - Sounds like you really did kick some major butt - good for you :D

haleys
08-02-2005, 12:59 PM
Jeeeeze, I'm getting out of the swing of things. I've eaten badly the past 2 days (Sunday & Monday) and haven't exercised since last Thursday. I'm going to a bike shop after work to look for a new bike, so hopefully if I find one, I'll take a bike ride today, if not, I'm gonna go to the gym afterwards. I stepped on the scale this morning and I haven't gained anything, thankfully.

When I first started losing weight I lost 3-4 lbs a week and now that it's down to 1-2 pounds (even when I'm really good) I have in my head that if I'm bad for a few days and up my caloric intake that when I down my caloric intake after the few days (I'm talking 2-3 days, not a long period of time) then I'll be back up to losing the 3-4 pounds a week, I've never really kept track of my weight long term like I am now, so I'm not sure if this is really working or not. Any ideas on this? If this is an awful idea, please let me know. I wouldn't do it often, maybe once a month or so...But I guess if I found out it isn't working long term, I'll stop.

Sunfire
08-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Hey Haley! You were losing 3-4 pounds for a bit there because that's usually what happens when you first start losing weight. You lose a lot of it. You really don't want to lose more than 2 pounds a week, because then you would just be losing muscle, and that is NOT good times. So try and stick with 1-2 pounds a week! It's actually very, VERY good. I need to get my butt in gear and start losing 2 pounds a week too!

Celeste0722
08-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Haley, ditto to what Nicki said. Losing 1-2 lbs is the best way to do it. I do understand though, my weight loss has slowed down, but I know that it takes time.

Today, I ran 3.1 miles! And I even went up a hill!! Holy crap I thought my legs were going to give out!

haleys
08-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Celeste, I know how it feels like your legs are going to give out, but 3.1 is awesome, good job!

You both are right, I guess it's just hard when I think about how much weight I have to lose and I wanna do anything to make it faster, but I know 1-2 is a good amount, thank you!!!

Sunfire
08-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Haley, I know. I wish the weight would come off overnight! But, no. And they say the slower you lose it, the longer you keep it off. So, you know. It's probably not what you want to hear (me neither!), but it's true! lol

Meldiggety
08-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi Haley,

I know how you feel about wanting the weight to come off faster - I am of the opinion that if you are exercising and eating right, you can lose more than 2 lbs per week without losing muscle ( I have friends who've done this and kept the weight off).....I am not talking about losing unhealhty amounts of weight, but some weeks you may have a loss of 4 lbs and other weeks you may have a loss of 1 lb - your body fluctuates as it adjusts to your new way of life! All in all your body knows what it is doing, even when the weight loss has slowed down a bit. And hey, even though it might seem overwhelming to imagine how long it will take you to get to your goal - the time is going to pass anyways, so we might as well put effort out for results we want because in a year from now we will be so glad we did!

Keep your head up - I am right there with ya!
Melanie

fitnessweetie
08-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey Ladies...

Well, today I didnot keep track of my food intake, because I had to be out of the house most of the day. But I think I did well, listen to my body, however, I did not get my 5 in today. Oh well...life goes on....But I did do a yoga class for 1hr and treadmill. Wanted to do a hip hop class, but my right knee is hurting me, so I will rest it tonight.

Celeste-what a great job with your run!!! Keep it up!

Nicki-What you said about weight loss is so very true to me...It took me along time to get it on, so it should be just as long to get it off. If I may ask what does "Tina, eat your ham" mean?

Haley-it is a long journey, I think that it is okay to eat more cals sometimes.

Melanie-good luck with your singing!

see ya later...

Sunfire
08-03-2005, 04:00 AM
Karen! LOL It's a quote from the movie Napoleon Dynamite. You have obviously never seen it, or you would have remembered that quote! Go rent it, NOW! It's HILARIOUS! :D

fitnessweetie
08-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Nicki: Oh, I see....I did watch the movie a few months ago...I guess I am losing my brains cell as well as my fat cells...Thanks for letting me know!

Sunfire
08-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Karen, c'mon now. How could you not remember that line?! Pssh. Unless you didn't like the movie very much? It's totally one of those movies... either you love it or you hate it, LOL.

Anyways, I haven't done all that well the past few days (my weekend), but I'm trying to get back on track today!

fitnessweetie
08-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Hey Nicki: I gave the movie a C. I thought that the ending was kinda cute. My husband didn't like it very much. Anyway, Good luck today, keeping on track. I know had hard it is to do sometimes. I have not eaten any vegs or fruits, but did drink my water and stayed with my cals. Today, I did treadmill for 1 hour very very slow 3.5MPH. My left knee is hurting me abit. I am not planning on working out on Thursday to let it heal. Friday, I will workout with my trainer for 45mins at 5:30am, then I will do yoga later in the day. I want to take a spin class sometime, but I do not know if I can make it for 1 hour? Hummmm, anyway, hope that you and everyone is having a good day!

Karen

haleys
08-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Nicky, I've been off track too, I'm going to go to the gym today and get back ON track.

I went out with my boss for lunch today and it was bad, but it was SO SO GOOD. I had iced tea, grilled veggies with rice, TRES LECHES CHEESECAKE, and some sort of coffee drink with frangelico and kahlua and oh my god it was so good. So, it was all worth it! But it's back on track for Haley, I must meet my goal. And I'm ready to see Onederland!!!!

Sunfire
08-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Ok, how do you do the treadmill for 1 hour? I did it the other day for 27 min., and it's not because I couldn't go on... but I was just so BORED! How do you guys do it? LOL

Haley I think you did alright, because it could have been A LOT worse! Like your main meal could have been bad, but it wasn't! It's like you balanced it out, and that's my goal. Balance. Great job. :D

Ugh, I saw the reflection of my arms today in my car window, and I DID NOT like what I saw! Yuck. So I'm going to start doing my best... I want this! Everytime I get off track, will you guys remind me how bad I want this? And that I have my cruise coming up in January? LOL Cuz that will help! I hope...

fitnessweetie
08-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Well Nicki: Doing the treadmill is very boring after an hour. But my knee was really hurting me and it was the only way that I could burns some cals at the amount of cals I wanted to burn without hurting my knee. Also, my kids were at the church nursery and they can stay there for a max of 2 hours, and my daughter just loves it. I was watching Tv, reading a mag. And switch treadmills after 3omins. Yes, I need to get some music going....I need to get a CD player and play some U2. I love them, but their last album was not as good as the one before. What are your favorite things to do to burn cals, anyone?

fitnessweetie
08-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone ever has been to the chat room at the 3 fat chick site. Everytime i go no one is there...hum...maybe we could all set up a chat nite sometime... is anyone interested? :listen:

Meldiggety
08-04-2005, 02:24 AM
Karen - Never been to the chatroom, but I'd be up for it if we set a time :)

Hey Ladies - Hope all is well. I walked 3 miles yesterday morning and this morning but didn't do Tae Bo either day because I wasn't home during the baby's nap which is the only time I can do it! I know walking is better than nothing, but I just don't want to get use to not working out hard everyday. I have to get back into the swing of things tomorrow. I have been doing well with eating which is good - went out to lunch with a good friend to Marie Callendar's today and I couldn't believe that I actually passed up their potato cheese soup (my favorite)!! That was a major accomplishment in itself - LOL. I had a side salad and half a turkey sandwich with all the condiments on the side. I really wanted pie, but I passed that up too - thank God!

How's everybody doing? Feeling motivated??

Melanie :D

haleys
08-04-2005, 02:47 AM
Karen, I'd be up for a chat too. Just let me know when (evenings are best for me)

Good job, Melanie, that is awesome! I know how hard it is to pass on favorites, but it's worth it.

I need some help. I think I've lost my motivation. I feel so bad because when I started I was so motivated and now I'm just like ugh. I've been eating badly, I keep saying I'm going to do better next meal, but I don't. I have no motivation to exercise even though when I say I'm going to go, I think I mean it, I just make excuses and end up not going. I don't want to fail again this time, I just don't know how to get motivated to start again. I feel so bad.

Meldiggety
08-04-2005, 03:07 AM
Haley -

Hang in there darlin'! Don't give up now.......you've come too far. If you get back on the horse tomorrow, there is no harm done because you still weigh less than when you started. Ask yourself this question......."what is stopping me from acheiving my goal and moving forward?" If the answer is you, then it is time to do some soul searching and figure out what part of you wants to stay the same and why? Are you afraid of change? Do you feel that you're not worth the effort? You are! You are worth every bit of effort - no joke! Every good food choice, every ounce of sweat - you deserve to be at a healthy weight and feeling good about your decisions. Remember.....you are in control of your choices, your choices are NOT in control of you. Don't allow yourself to talk you out of working out or talk you out of eating reasonably.

Please know that I have been there and one of these days I might need some encouragement from you too, but for now, I am here for you & I say you can do it, you have proven it by losing 16 lbs already. You have what it takes.......keep going and take it a day at a time.

Hugs :)
Melanie

fitnessweetie
08-04-2005, 10:47 AM
What great advice, that helped me too....Haley, I wished I was were you are at. I have only lost 6lbs since having my baby and he is 7months old. I am trying everything in my power this week to lose 2lbs and keep it off. I hope that you get back on your feet soon. Hope that you can find some answers to Melanie's questions. KEEP ON GOING!!!!! :strong:

haleys
08-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Melanie, thank you so much. :^: Reading that really did make me think about everything. I think I am afraid of change, everything is great at the size I am now, but I think about it and I'll still be the same person at 150 that I am at 207 or 223, I'll just be a lot less of me. So, really nothing will change except my physical appearance. I'm going to go home for lunch and have a great, healthy lunch, then I am going to the gym after work and I will do an hour on the elliptical and strength training. I need to remember how great I feel after I leave the gym and how great I feel after I eat healthy. After I've been eating all these bad things, I just feel disgusted with myself and I HATE that feeling.

It is me who is standing in the way of my own goals. I set goals and now I'm stopping myself. You are right, I am worth the effort. You have no idea how much you've just helped me, having support makes all the difference. Thank you so much!

Meldiggety
08-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Karen - You are doing great, I know how slow it can be at times, but just keep thinking about the outcome.....won't that be a great day?? :D

Haley - I am SO glad that I could help, I truly hope I did! We can and WILL do this. We're kind of like soldiers in the sense that we won't leave anyone behind when they fall. I know how horrible it can feel to be stuck in a lifestyle you don't want......and to be disgusted with your choices that affect your body. But look at you, you are picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and you are back on the right track - GOOD JOB! It really says a lot about your character and who you are to keep going when times are tough.

Something that has helped me make good choices is taking each choice that comes my way as THEE choice that will either get me to my goal or keep me away from it. If we looked at every choice as being the one choice that would allow us to lose that 50 lbs, I know every choice we would make would be a wise one.

Let's keep kicking Fat's big butt together - LOL :lol:
Melanie

Meldiggety
08-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Where is everyone?? :^:

fitnessweetie
08-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Hi, Hum.....Where is everyone too? I am trying to come to this thread at least 2times a day and write stuff down. I am finding that it is helping me to do better acheiving my goals.

Just got back from my training session. I found out that they are going to have a contest starting Sept 1, to see who can be the biggest loser. I am looking forward to it, and hoping to win! Anyway, need to go for now....the kids are getting up. Have a great day!

Karen

Meldiggety
08-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Hey Karen and MIA Ladies - LOL!

So, since Friday is my weigh in, here goes.....

Week 1 - 190.5 (7/10) - 0
Week 2 - 185.5 (7/22) - 5
Week 3 - 181.5 (7/29) - 4
Week 4 - 178.5 (TODAY) - 3

Total lbs lost: 12 :D

Hope you are all doing wonderfully!

haleys
08-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Heyyyy, sorry. Busy day at work today! I didn't make it to the gym last night, lots of stuff came up, it wasn't just excuses. I'm just going to start again on Monday and just say I gave myself a week off.

Melanie, CONGRATS!!! You're more than half way to your first mini goal and that is awesome!! You've been such a motivation and said words that have really put me back where I need to be. Thank you and good luck!!!

Meldiggety
08-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement Haley, you are such a sweetheart ;) I just realized that I am one quarter to my major goal which I am so grateful for. God is really keeping me strong, because believe me, I couldn't do it on my own strength!

Haley - I know you will start right back up where you left off - no problem!

Nicki - where are ya? Hope you are ok :D

fitnessweetie
08-05-2005, 02:27 PM
:cb: :dance: :dancer: :cheer: GREAT!!!! Meliane! You did such an excellent job, this week! Way to go girl! Keep it up!

Haley-Great to hear from you. Keep on going!!!! You can do it! :strong:

Well, my weigh in is in the morning....stay tuned.

I am thinking of taking a spin class in the morning. Never did it before, has anyone, and did you like it? Also, looking to find a basic yoga DVD. Any input?

Lets all lighten up!

Karen

fitnessweetie
08-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Hey Nicki! I miss you, hope you are doing well. :sunny:
Karen

Meldiggety
08-05-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks Karen. You are doing so great too! You are such a sunshine to this board :D

I have never taken a spinning class, but my cousin did and she really got a great workout from it. Also, you had mentioned about your knee bothering you, so a spinning class would be great for you because it would take weight/pressure off of your knee but still give you a great cardio/toning workout! As far as yoga goes, I haven't found a great video yet, but pilates is a bit like yoga and it's great for lengthening muscles and toning. I have done winsor pilates and like it a lot.

Smiles,
Melanie

Sunfire
08-05-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted much. No excuse! I have been checking in. I dunno why I haven't been posting, lol? Thanks for caring about me, though. :D

I'm not sure about my weight, either 204 or 205. So I either stayed the same or gained a pound, lol. Stupid scale. Either way I'm not doing very good. I dunno why. I think it's because I'm not really counting my calories. I need to start doing that REALLY bad. And I'm not working out, of course, so that's not good. I just... don't want to. WTF is my problem? :/ I think because it's so boring. But I do like the way I feel when I'm done. I need to try a spin class is what I need to do.

Ok I'll be around here more from now on! :D

fitnessweetie
08-05-2005, 04:43 PM
:wave: Hey there girl:

Great to hear from you. I can understand that working out can get very very boring. I am finding if I take a class, they last about 1 hour, that I tend to feel like I have to stay there. I just became a member of a gym that has lots of free classes with the membership. I like what Melanie said about getting back on track some posts ago. Remember, this is a jounery, and it takes time. I can get so down on myself sometimes. I have to learn to love myself first, so that I can give the best of me to my kids and hubby. OMG, I keep rambling on and on. Also, Fit day.com helps me keep track of my cals. Well, gotta go....
Karen

haleys
08-05-2005, 06:15 PM
We're in the same boat, Nicki! I haven't been counting and I haven't been gym-ing (is that a word????). Just keep coming and checking in and get yourself back on track. I've decided I'm going to start working out and counting calories again on Monday. So, if you can't get back on track sooner, let's get back on track together on Monday!

Good luck to all of you this weekend, make healthy choices!

Jane Howard
08-05-2005, 06:33 PM
I would love to join you all in this weight loss challange!
I have 63 pounds to lose.
Does anyone know how to attach a signature, I am new at this email thing.
Help.
I am starting to go to OA meetings.
No sugar or white flour no inbetween eating.
These are my goals for right now
Also walking a 4:45 a.m.
I will pray for you all and pray for me too.

Sunfire
08-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Hey Jane, welcome to the group! To change your siggy you have to go to your "User CP" at the top of the page. It's all in there.

Anyways, I have a palm pilot and keep my calories in there. I try my hardest to write down what I eat everyday, but I don't always count cals. I have started back on it today, though. I have counted EVERYTHING! So that is good. And yeah I really liked what Melanie said, I'm gonna go re-read it.

Haley, I think Im going to start going to the gym on Sunday, but FOR SURE Monday since Monday is my day off, and there's no excuse. So we can for sure do it together. :D

Thanks you guys for the support, I really need it right now. I see how well you are all doing, and it makes me want to do well too. Especially when I see Melanie's progress, I bet she just feels SO GREAT, and I want that feeling too!

fitnessweetie
08-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi Jane, great to join us! :gossip:

Meldiggety
08-06-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi Jane - Welcome to our humble support group! Yes, we definitley need to keep each other in our prayers - that's what support is all about. Is there anything specific you are needing encouragement in right now?

Nicki - I completely understand.....I have been there, let me tell you! You want it so bad, but it's one bad choice after another and then you get so down, you think you are too far gone to even start over. You are never too far gone. About a month ago, I was crying to my husband because I was sick of constantly wanting a change, but never changing - but now, after a month of being consistant and not giving up, I am 12 lbs lighter. That could be you next month! I guess it just boils down to how badly you want it. I know you have it in you - you're stronger and more disciplined than you give yourself credit for.

Hugs Ladies :high:
Melanie

fitnessweetie
08-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Hey gals!

Here is my weigh in:

Start weight: May 11, 2005 229lbs lost 0
New start wt: Aug 01,2005 225lbs lost 4
week one: Aug 06,2005 223lbs lost 3 :D

New goals this week is to loose at least 3lbs this week!

Thanks for all the support!
Karen :df:

Sunfire
08-06-2005, 09:50 PM
So true Melanie. It's nice to see someone who has been there! Especially once who has been there and is now losing weight!

Karen, GREAT job! That is awesome, 3 lbs.! Woo! :D I'm proud of you. :D

Ok guys, here's what I have decided I am going to do. Right now I'm on the nutrition chapter of my personal training book. I have decided that I'm going to eat the recommended daily allowance for each food group. That's it. No more, no less. When it's snack day here at work (every 2 weeks, which is every payday), I'm not going to eat any. That's what screwed me up yesterday. I was doign fine until snacks it. I always do good at the beginning of the day, and bad towards the end. I wonder why that is? Anyways, here is what I will be eating. PLEASE, if you see anywhere where I could substitute something, please tell me. I know this will get old, so I want to have differnent variations, you know? It took me a while to think this up, so I can't think of anything else right now, lol. And the numbers that are in ( ) are how many servings it is for that group... if that makes sense, lol. Ok here it is:

Breakfast

cup oatmeal (1) 150
1 cup milk (1) 90
2 tsp. Brown sugar 35

Snack

Fruit smoothie (4) 230
(1 c. peaches, 1 c. mango 1 c. light grape juice)

Lunch

W.W. bread (2) 200
Turkey (1) 40
Light mayo (1) 60
String cheese (1) 80

Snack

20 Almonds (1/2) 140
cup pineapple (1) 70

Dinner

1 cup pasta (2) 190
Tomato sauce (1) 70
Chicken (1) 45
Veggies (5) 240

Snack

2 hardboiled eggs (1) 95
(1 w/ yolk 1 w/ out)

Breads: 5.5
Fruits: 4
Veggies: 6
Meats/nuts: 3
Dairy: 2
Fat/sugar: 2

TOTAL CALORIES: 1735

fitnessweetie
08-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Wow! What a great way to start. Sounds like you stumble around a great book, what is the name of it? Those of some of the things that I eat. I would like to start making smoothies too! What an excellent way to get fruits in. Keep it up! I do get kinda bored too. I seemed to eat chicken 24/7.

Anyway, I am kinda worried. We are going out to eat today at a BQQ place. And it was I who picked the place. I feel like I can not change the place because I picked it and it is with my in-laws. Also, we are meeting them soon. So, wish me luck in making good choices...I have not work out this weekend too... But I plan to kick butt in the morning. Hope that your day goes well today and you keep on track. You are doing such a great job!

Hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!!!

Cheers!
Karen

Celeste0722
08-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Hey guys! Sorry I've been MIA! This is my last week of Algebra class and it's kicking my rear.

Karen, congrats on the 3 lbs!! That's great! Good luck with making the right choices! I hear ya on the going out to eat though. It's hard to make the right choices.

Nicki, that menu sounds great!

As for me..I think I'm at a standstill. I've been 156 for about 3 weeks now..I'm getting frustrated. Then there's the "ideal" weight. According to WW's, my ideal weight is 139. I've NEVER been that small. The smallest I ever was, was 145. But I'm even having trouble getting down to there!!

This week I have been running about 3.5 to 4 miles 5 times this week. Wed and Saturday were my "off" days.

Jane Howard
08-07-2005, 02:21 PM
I need to lose 58 pounds Wow that is the first time I have written.
It seems so hard to accpolish . But reading your ladies posts it give me hope ;) I am having no sugar, white flour or eating inbetween meals. I have also started walking with a friend at 4:45 in the morning.

One big challange for me is not to eat anything at work just my lunch meal. There is so much food at work chocolate and cookies ect. I know if i can at least get one week under my belt i will be on my way.

Please pray for me and i will pray for you all too.

Celeste0722
08-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Welcome Jane!!! You can do it!! Good for you for walking! And at 4:45am?? Wow! Uggh, I need to get up that early.

I have one itsy bitsy bit of advice, you can just ignore me :lol: I would reconsider the not eating between meals..I know everyone's different but this works for me. I usually eat a small snack between lunch and dinner. For me, if I don't eat something before a meal, I will be ravenous and over eat at dinner. So, IMO, a piece of fruit or some veggies would be a good snack. I've even eaten a boiled egg, a few nuts or even a piece of whole grain bread with a tbsp of peanutbutter on it.

Sunfire
08-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey Karen, that menu I just got from the basic food groups. It's in my personal training book, but you can get it anywhere. Google food pyramid or something! :D And so far I have had my oatmeal today... so, so far so good!

Celeste I was wondering where you were! There are a few people who haven't been posting, also. :( Boo. Anyways, glad to see you back. Good luck w/ Algebra! Gawd I hate math. :p Good job on exercising, too. That's awesome!

Oh and Karen, do you ever have cheat meals? I forget what you said... but if you DO, you should just make this your cheat meal and move on. It's only one meal and you have been doing awesome. Or, you could probably get some grilled chicken, and then have some BBQ sauce on the side? I don't think BBQ sauce has that many caloires... but I'm not sure! You could check www.calorieking.com to find out. Let us what you choose! Make sure it's REALLY yummy! :D

Sunfire
08-07-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi Jane! So glad you are here! The girls here are doing so great. Me? Not so much, but that is changing today for me, so yay. :D Anyways, I just wanted to say really quick that it's ok to have a snack between meals! I could never not eat, I would get too hungry. You could have some fruit or veggies or something, both are low cal. You want to make sure you get enough calories in your body, or it's harder to lose weight! Weird I know.

Ok. I just read what Celeste put! LOL We agree! I read the word "advice", and I thought you were going to ask for it, so after I was done putting what I wrote to Jane, I was gonna read yours. But it turns out you were GIVING advice! LOL Great advice. :p

Celeste0722
08-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Heehee Nicki! That's too funny :lol:

I have one more week of Algebra and I have an A so far!!

Today we are going to take Kalynn to see the Wiggles (it's a singing group of 4 guys from Australia for little kids if y'all don't know who they are :lol: ) So, I'll be back later....Gotta get ready.

Sunfire
08-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Sounds like fun Celeste. :p And dang, it's so crazy how you have lost 50 pounds. You are awesome. :D

And great job in Algebra! I think I got like a C or B in it. :o ;)

haleys
08-07-2005, 07:58 PM
Jane, I'd agree with the reconsidering in the eating in meals things. It'd be great and you wouldn't be as tempted to eat the bad stuff at work if you had a snack. Even something as simple as a yogurt (I eat light 80 cal yogurt) as a snack is great.

Don't have time to write much more, but I will tomorrow. Good luck everyone and good job with the 3 pounds down, Karen.

I'm going to be very strict starting tomorrow until I leave (with one or two not healthy going away dinners). 1200 calories a day, exercise 5 times a week. I will lose these pounds before I leave!!

Celeste0722
08-08-2005, 09:23 AM
O M G....I lost 4 lbs!!!!! I have NOOOOO freakin' idea how in the world I did that..I wonder if me adding some mileage and some hills helped?? HOLY CRAP!!!! Maybe my goal will be attainable afterall!

haleys
08-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Good job, Celeste, that is great!!! I'm sure the mileage and hills helped a lot and of course your goal is attainable, it may take a little while to get those last stubborn pounds, but you can do it! Good luck!

This week I'm going to pick up with the week at a time challenge and stick to 1200 calories a day and working out 5 days this week, with strength training 3 days (every other day). I gained 3 pounds this week, but am not going to change my tracker to reflect that, back stepping on it would just make me disappointed. I'm going to lose those 3 pounds and hopefully one or two more on top of that.

Good luck to everyone this week! Make good choices and keep up with the exercise!

Meldiggety
08-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Hey Ladies....

My DSL has been down which is why I haven't posted - I am at my praen't house right now so i thought I'd check in. My stomach has been feeling really bloated, acidic & nauseous over the last 3 days and I have no idea why....haven't changed my diet or my exercise routine. It feels less nauseous after I eat though...........hopefully I don't have an ulcer or some other stomach issue. I shouldn't weigh myself when my stomach is bloated like this, but I did, and of course I weighed 2 more lbs than friday - yuck! I know it's probably water wieight, but it still sucks - LOL :D

OMG - congrats to Celeste - you are so close to your goal - that is awesome!!

How's everyone coming along?

Hugs,
Melanie

Sunfire
08-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Is it possible to lose a pound in one day? Because that's what happened to me! I ate really well yesterday! I'm really proud of myself. :D I got in all my food groups and ate about 1900 cals, and that's including my popsicle. :D It was hard not to eat whatever when I got home from work, though. That's usually what gets me. I'll do really good during the day, and then at night when I get home from work, I'll eat whatever! So that was hard. So I had 2 hardboiled egg whites last night and then my orange popsicle. I can't not eat anything. I mean. I could, but it's hard. And I figure if I can fit it into my day, no biggie! Plus what I ate last night was low cal, so that's good.

Soooo today Troy and I went to Chilli's for lunch. We like to go out a lot, unfortunatly. But i already decided that my main meal was going to be healthy. So we got our chips and salsa like always. It's my favorite! So, I had that like normal. But instead of my main meal being bad, I had the Guiltless Pasta! They said it was like in the 600 calorie range, but they give you SO MUCH pasta for it! So I probably had one serving if that, so probably only ate 200 cals at the MOST of that dish. So I have lots of leftovers. :D So calorie-wise, I don't think I did that bad. I mean I know I could have not eaten the chips, but that's what's fun. Going out w/ my boyfriend and eating our chips we always get. At least this time I made a better choice for the meal part.

Enough about me, geez. Sorry. Anyways! Melanie I was wondering where you were! When are you gonna get your internet back up? Sorry about your stomach, that's really weird. If it keeps up, you should go to the Dr. just to be on the safe side!

And Celeste! Great job! Woohoo! That's awesome, good for you! What a great feeling. :D

Yeah Haley, don't change your tracker. I didn't change mine. :p No biggie, you will just pick up right where you left off! We can do this, right? :)

And I have to say, that you guys really helped me yesterday. I wanted to cheat, but I didn't. I kept thinking about what you guys had said in the past, and it helped me out so much! And I thought "would eating that extra food make me happy? or would losing weight make me happy?" and that really helped! So I'm going to continue to think like that!

debbietexas
08-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi everyone, I have been looking for support board like this all day. I need to lose 50 or so lbs and am new to counting calories and fat grams. I lost 34 lbs on atkins and I have been stuck at this same weight for almost a year. Everyone says you plateau but geesh give me a break. I also had hard time staying with the program that that was my down fall. My daughter started the Susan Powter diet two weeks ago and has already lost 5 lbs. She just needs to lose 10 more. Thank goodness not like mama and let it get to out of hand. Anyway back to story lol I started counting the fat and calories last thursday and am down 3 lbs. I think it is going to work for me. I just need a support board to chat with and get good ideas on losing and stuff. Thanks for listening and I can't wait to be regular poster with you guys.

Sunfire
08-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Hey Debbie! Thanks for joining us! It's fun to have new people. :D I honestly will never believe that if you stopped doing Atkins, it was "your fault". That's not the best diet in the world, as you need carbs/grains. It basically comes down to lifestyle! And the easiest thing that I have seen work, is eating what you want, but in moderation.

Good luck and welcome! :D

fitnessweetie
08-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Oh, my aching body...burned 450 cals today. Anyway, Just wanted to ketchup....ha ha...food on the brain...okay, I will keep my day job.

Celeste: Great to hear from you! GREAT job on breaking your plateau :cheer: I wish I could run like that. Do you run any races?

Jan: I believe in eat 24/7 except try to stop at 7:00Pm. And stay within my cals. That really help me. By, eating every 3 hrs or so. Way to go, on walking! :flow1:

Nicki: I do have cheat meals. I had a cheat weekend. We have to live life! I am feel better about it. Because I worked my butt off today. Anyway, I had cooked apple, chicken ceasar tortilla wrap and it was so good. Wow! Nicki you are doing awesome! :cp:

Haley: It is so hard for me to eat 1200 cals when I am working out too. How do you do that? On my work out days I eat at least 1800cals and non- workout days 1500cals. I burn about an avg of 500cals a day by activities. Good luck I know that it can be done...You go girl. :goodluck:

Melanie: Hum??? Could you be pregnant? Hope you feel better :angel: Here is an angel!

Welcome! Debbie Great too have you here! :wave:

See ya gals, later!

debbietexas
08-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome. It is hard for me to adjust to low cal instead of low carb but maybe trying something different for a while will get me going.

Meldiggety
08-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey Ladies -

My internet is finally back up. Glad everyone is doing so well :)

Debbie - Welcome aboard! :D

Nicki - Sounds like you are back on track - good job for the great choices.

Karen - I am pretty sure I am not pregnant, just because I had my period 2 weeks ago (which would mean I am ovulating right now). If I were, I would be one of the unique ones that is pregnant and having my "TOM". Good job on working out - have you decided on the spinning class?

Melanie

Sunfire
08-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Thanks guys! I did good yesterday, too. :D

Off topic, but did anyone see the space shuttle land? I did. :D I woke up at 5am just to watch it! LOL I'm all into it. I'm SO glad they got home safely!!!

fitnessweetie
08-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Hello Everyone!

Nicki-I missed it, I was up with little Charlie, and then I went to work out. What a wonderful thing to witness. I am glad that you are doing well. Today, I will be going to my first hip hop class, Hum? wonder how many cals I will burn?

Melanie-glad your not preg. I felt that way when I was or PMS'sSSS. Anyway, I have not taking the spin class yet. I think I may try it on Wed. nite. The lady who teaches that class is over 55. Maybe, I could keep up with her. Funny, I have been working out at a church gym. And there are a lot of older people there. And they are in much better shape than I. I told myself I want to be like that! Anyway, gotta go the kids are getting up from a nap.

Celeste-How was the wiggles?

Have fun!
Karen

Celeste0722
08-09-2005, 05:20 PM
I am sooo tired...I actually got up at 6am and went running before Bill had to leave for work at 7:30.

Hope y'all are having a good week so far!!

Karen, the Wiggles were A LOT of fun! Kalynn had a blast! Course, she was wound up :lol: Went out to eat and she was yelling "Wake up Jeff!!" in the restaurant :o

Sunfire
08-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Karen your class sounds like a lot of fun! Don't worry about the cals. :D You burn lots of cals dancing anyway!! :D

fitnessweetie
08-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Hey Gals!

Just wanted to share my hip hop class experience with all. It was not what I thought it was. It was like a dance class, where you learn steps to a dance and then dance the whole thing at the end of class. My age must be showing (37) or I must be getting old. I thought that it was dancing little steps to music instead of trying to be like Janet Jackson. Oh, well, I guess I will stick to the kick boxing class. I really like that! Melanie, I never have done Tae bo. Not sure of spelling. What is a good DVD? Well, I hope that everyone has a good nite!

Karen

Meldiggety
08-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Hey Ladies,

If you are looking for yummy low fat recipes, I just added one of my own creations to the recipes - here's the link;

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=927859#post927859

Hugs,
Melanie

haleys
08-10-2005, 12:50 PM
We're on page 2, so I figured we needed to get back on 1.

Melanie, if you add any vegetarian recipes, please let me know :D

Ate wonderfully yesterday, but no gym, got on the scale and I'm at 207 again, yay. Probably going to take a bike ride after work today, I don't feel like being in the gym. I'm so tired, I have 2 more days of work left and then I'm off for 2 weeks before I go back to school. I definitely need to make sure to exercise those 2 weeks when I'm not working, because me being around the house all day sometimes means too much snacking.

Hope you're all having a good week. :)

Meldiggety
08-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Hi Haley :D

Glad you are doing well with everything. I know what you mean about too much snacking when you are around the house all day - it can be dangerous, huh? Lately, for some reason, I haven't had trouble with snacking around the house, it's harder for me when we go out to eat somewhere. There is a fine line between depriving yourself and over indulging/overeating.

I am still very bloated (probably my IBS) - I'm 1.5 lbs over my weight on Friday - it's gotta be water weight. I have been eating in the 1400 calories range and exercising, so there really is no other explanation?

Melanie

Sunfire
08-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Melanie that is really weird. Let us know if anything changes.

I have been doing good you guys. :D Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to an Italian resturant (we like to eat out a lot, lol), and I ate good stuff and felt full, but made some better decisions. Like I had pasta w/ tomato sauce instead of the spicey creamy sauce I wanted. AND I didn't eat that much during the day, so I "saved up". I feel it's small changes like that, that will help me, you know? And I think I have lost 2 pounds this week. :p We'll see on Friday, that's the day that counts!

fitnessweetie
08-10-2005, 07:45 PM
Hello!

Buzy day, glad it is all most over.

Melanie-sounds like a very yummy dish! Sorry, that you are not feeling your best. It is great that you continue to do so well. I bet that when the bloating is gone, you would have lost lots of weight. :df:

Haley-You are doing so well with eating. :cbg: My trainer said the eating right is 90% of losing weight. What are you studying in school?

Nicki-You did so well. My hubby wants to go on vacation, but I don't. Can you believe it. I am afraid, that I will not make good choices, such as yourself. I know the correct ones, but it hard when you want to have fun and enjoy the time. Also, I would not get to workout as hard as I am now. Very worried about gaining the weight. Also, we just go back from vacation two months ago, and I finally lost that weight that I gained. Wow, I wonder how much cals I just burned typing this :lol: .

Wonder how Celeste and Debbie are doing? Where are they :tantrum: !!!

See ya!
Karen

Sunfire
08-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Karen! You should still go on vacation. :p Can you make it an active vacation? Where you go on hikes and stuff? Doooooo it! I just say this because my vacation is so far away (January) and I want to go RIGHT now!

I was just wondering where all the other girls also!

Sunfire
08-11-2005, 02:30 AM
I would just like to say that I got my exercise today by hitting the CRAP out of the ball and getting a homerun in my softball league. :D I hit it over the dudes head cuz he was playing up. Focker.

I usually hit it far anyways (I have played softball my whole life, plus we use a double wall bat that makes the ball go further), but I usually only get doubles. 2 years ago they were homeruns, but since I have put on weight, only doubles. So it felt good to actually get a homerun tonight. I know it's not because I lost only 2 pounds, but still. I want to hit homeruns next year, so I want to lose weight now. :D AND I did good on my eating today! Aren't you guys proud of me? :D

fitnessweetie
08-11-2005, 08:05 AM
GREAT! On the eating and the home run! :cheer: I wished I could play softball. I loved it! I used to play in middle school. You are doing so great Nicki!

suzefactor
08-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Is this an open group? I'd really like to join it. I'm 22 (for another 18 days), my CW is 198, my start weight was 204, and my LTG weight is 145. I'm eating a 1600 calorie a day diet, working out at curves 3-5 days a week, and trying to walk as much as possible. I work full time and have a 16 month old son, so getting out to exercise (other than chasing my son around) has proven difficult. The exercise and diet seem to really be paying off though, I'm down 6 pounds already, and I just started a little less than 2 weeks ago. I'm predicting a plateau at 185, but I'm a GNC gold member and they've supposedly got supplements that can help break a plateau.

haleys
08-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Suzefactor, congrats on your 6 pounds down. This is an open group, so feel free to jump in!! I haven't gotten to the point where I've hit a plateau but as far as I know there are ways to break it without supplements (if you don't want to go that route) things such as decreasing your caloric intake or increasing exercise (or both, obviously). Keep it up, you never know, you may not have a plateau where you think you will....Happy (almost) Birthday!

Karen, I'm studying finance. I'm planning on getting my MBA after I work for 3-5 years (they're suggesting that now) and want to get into upper-level management (CEO/CFO/VP of Finance, somewhere UP there).

Nicki, that is awesome! So proud of you!!! Softball is so much fun and it seems like you love it. So, good luck with your homeruns, soon that's ALL you'll be hitting, they'll be amazed!!!

Meldiggety
08-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Suzefactor - Welcome to our group - I have an 18 month old son, so I hear you on the dilema of exercising - they make it nearly impossible, that's why I can only do my Tae Bo during his nap or at night when he's asleep! Congrats on losing 6 lbs! ;)

Nicki - Great job on eating well and exercising by hitting homers - LOL! :D So proud of you - keep it up!

Haley - Your aspirations in the finance world sound fantastic!

Karen - Go on vacation so I can live vicariously through you - ha ha! :lol: I agree with what Nicki said - make it an active vacation.

Oh Ladies, I am a bit down in the dumps. I have been extremely consistent and dilligent with my eating and exercise and I seem to be at a plateau - how is that possible at losing only 10 to 12 lbs?? I thought people plateaud when they were very near their goal weight, but I certainly am nowhere near. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated......I am not going to give up because the scale hasn't moved this week, but it seems like a lot of effort on my part and no results. Also, I noticed that yesterday I was ravenous - I coulda kept eating all day, it was like the bottomless pit or something, but I only ended up eating 1500 calories......what's wrong with me?? LOL! :dizzy:

Melanie

Sunfire
08-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Melanie, if you were ravenous, your body is trying to tell you something! You should for sure eat! Also, I just read (maybe in my Fitness Magazine?) that you should change your calories everyday, because it keeps your metabolism guessing. I think it's supposed to help through a plateau. So maybe try eating 1800 cals today? I dunno, what do you think?

Welcome Suzefactor! So nice of you to join us. Please, just jump in at any time. I love having more support, as do the other ladies of course! :D And I agree with Haley, if you don't want to go the supplement route, there are other things you can do.

And thanks you guys for telling me you are proud of me. You are all so sweet! :D ;)

fitnessweetie
08-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey ladies!

Melanie-Sorry you feel down and out. I get that way sometimes too. I think that there can be many factors at work here. You are doing so great with eating within cals and working out. My ? is. What types of foods. I know when I eat a high % of carbs, I retain lots of water. But, with I eat a high % of protein it seems like I am peeing all the time. Also, I eat more of a % of protein the day before I weight in and Wow. I lost more weight. So, I do not know if that will help you. I am sure you may know about glucose index in foods. If one is eating a high glucose index food, a lot of them, they tend to eat all day, so I do not know if you are having that problem. Also, is it that time of the month? Also, Nicki gave some great advice too. Also, don't always go by the scale!!!!! You hear me!!! :coach: It is not worth it. Next week you may lose even more weight that you thought you did. Just keep on going! And next week it will change. You can do it! I know you can!!!! :strong:

Haley-Wow, finance that is great!

Suzefactor-Great to have you here! What a great start you have on changing your life forever!

Nicki-way to go today.

fitnessweetie
08-12-2005, 07:58 AM
Has anyone heard of the body for life women. I just got done working out and one of my partner and I talked about it a little. I feel like Melanie too. Somehow, I am busting my -ss and I gained two pounds. Today, I am planning on eating high % of proteins. Do a yoga class and cardio. My trainer thinks that I am doing way to much and not giving my body a rest. I did rest on Thursday. Hum...I think I will get the book of body for life for women. I need some answers and motivation. I know I will have my ups and downs... I will keep on pushing...Hope that everyone is doing well...

Karen

suzefactor
08-12-2005, 10:40 AM
The absolute strangest thing happened this morning. As I was getting ready to walk out the door, my husband was like, turn around and bend over. I was like uhhhh....but he was holding the baby, so I knew he wasn't going to pull any prank or anything. After I did, he says to me, "Yup, I knew it. Your butt shrank."

That's totally crazy. It's only 6 pounds, but my rear end is totally smaller. I've only worked out twice this week, though (today is my third circuit training day).

I'm finding myself totally sick of cooking. If I have to set foot in the kitchen again this weekend, I'll scream.

Sarah

haleys
08-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Sarah, that is so funny! good job!!! Sometimes I can't stand cooking and just must have a bowl of cereal for dinner, that's what I did last night. I'm not a very creative cook so when I cook, I have an omelet (is that even considered "cooking"?) and I can't really flip it so its usually 1/4 size of the regular omelet cause it got screwed up and is tiny now, but it's REALLY tall, so its still big!

I woke up this morning and stood on the scale and it says 205, I dont know how! I didn't eat too much yesterday, maybe 1000 cals (which I talked to my doc about and he said thats okay for ME occasionally, so dont follow) and had 3 or 4 pieces of chocolate. I won't question why I'll just be happy about it. Today is my last day of work and i have 2 weeks off before I go back to school, I'm sooooo excited!

Melanie, you may want to look at how many carbs you're eating a day. I don't really like the whole Atkins type thing because I've heard it can be unhealthy even though I know MANY peope lose weight on it. So, you may want to look at that and try to limit yourself to 100 or so carbs a day, people on Atkins, if I'm not mistaken are required to eat less than 20, so it's a big difference. Keep up with the exercise and the healthy eating, and don't get discouraged, I doubt you've hit a plateau. That's occasionally happened to me where I'll get home and I'll just start snackin on whatever is around, usually wheat thins, and no I don't want a meal, I just want some wheat thins. I don't think it's a bad thing as long as you're not eating a whole box of whatever, but get yourself out a serving and go to town on that one serving (or two if necessary). At least your snacking still kept under 1500 cals, good job!

Ew, there was a thing of perfume sitting on my drawers today and I picked it up and smelled it and it smelled pretty good, so I sprayed some on my wrist and now I'm realizing it smells weird, it's very floraly and I'm not a big floraly perfume person, I think I'll go wash it off, ick.

Meldiggety
08-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Nicki - I tried eating higher calories yesterday (1850) to vamp up my metabolism - let's see if it works!? How are you doing today?

Karen & Haley- Thanks for your words of encouragement. As far as carbs go, I don't eat them at every meal, and if I do, it's only whole grains and small portions. For example, I will have 1 piece of toast with breakfast and one serving of brown rice or wheat pasta with dinner. I never eat processed or white flour carbs. I think my body may just be going through some sort of fluctuation - it's almost like it's resisting my effort, like it's comfortable at this weight and doesn't want to go down. I, on the other hand, am going to give my body a good kick in the butt, because I am NOT ok with this weight!!! :lol:

Karen - Keep your chin up - Boy, do I know how you feel though! Let's push through this together, ok? It helps to be on the same page with someone & we've got that going for us. You are doing everything like you are suppose to be, so now our bodies just have to catch up with our efforts :D

Haley - Congrats on the loss. I am so glad you are more encouraged this week than last and you've stuck with it - good going Girl! :cool:

Sarah - Good job on your buns shrinking ;) I will be elated when I can tell that mine has shrunk - ha ha!

So, after I work out today, I will weigh in - I bet it's a 1 to 2 lb gain - BLAH. :(

Melanie

fitnessweetie
08-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Hello gals,

Just checking in....

Suzefactor that is so great. :jig: Work that butt!!!! :jig: Did you do your measurements? And take a before and after pic. I did the measurements with my trainer, but I have not got the courage to take the before pic.

Haley I think I need to try to make an omelet. I need a change...It sounds yumy! You did so wonderful this week! Wow! 2 lbs :cb:

Melanie thanks for the movatition. I just took a yoga class today, and did 45mins of weights, that is cutting back for me. Today, I am trying to limit my carbs and cals trying to eat 1200. So we will see in the morning weigh in. Thanks so much for your encourgement. This process is so :dizzy: crazy!!

haleys
08-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Karen, I was looking through the earlier threads when you asked how I eat 1200 a day, especially when working out. But I've found that 1200 is more than enough to satisfy me and I don't really find myself snacking a lot (very rarely). This is what I usually eat (just to give you an idea)

Breakfast (between 8:30-9):
Protein shake (1 frozen banana, 1 cup soy milk, 1 scoop Spirutein protein powder, a little bit of cinnamon and nutmeg)

Snack (around 10:30-11):
Low fat yogurt (between 80-110 cals)

Lunch (usually around 12): 2 egg omelet (or three depending on if I actually got breakfast in) and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (I'll just use a 1/2 cup if I'm really hungry) and 2 vegetarian sausage links

Snack (around 3): Low fat yogurt or a piece of fruit or some cottage cheese

Dinner (around 6 or 7): it always varies but the other night i had one cup of pasta with 2 cups of vegetable soup on top with 1/4 cup of cheese

I really just like plain omelet's with just cheese but if you loaded it up with veggies that'd be a good way to have it more filling!

Fitday is down right now or I'd give you the exact cals. Good luck!!!

fitnessweetie
08-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Thanks Haley-I use fit day too! I like keeping track. I think I am going to try to cut back to 1200 cals. I like my omelets with just cheese too. Also, my sister gave me some of that soy protein powder. I think I will try that too. What kind of workouts do you do? What would be some other good snacks? I really do not care for yogurt. What is a typical day of food anyone? If helps me to know and gives me some ideas to try. Thanks for your input! :cool:

Sunfire
08-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Karen, I tried Body for Life, but not the woman version. I personally liked BFL. The workouts were great (except for the whole 6 days a week thing. that's too much for me!) and the food was good, because I ate every 2 hours! I didn't stick with it because I don't stick very well to "plans". I realized that eating what I want, but in moderation, works best for me. BUT if you are one who can stick to plans pretty well, this would be a good thing to do! Let us know if you decide to do it. :D Oh and I LOVE the smilies you use! They are so cute! LOL ;)

Sarah, that's totally funny! Your hubby sounds cute! I know what you mean about cooking. Ugh. I try and make food a few days in advanced. That way I don't have to cook EVERYday, you know?

Haley, great job on losing! And honestly, having some chocolate like you did isn't gonna hurt. I have had a handful of Skittles almost everyday this week, and I still lost weight. It's all about working it into your day, you know? So yay for you! That's awesome. :D

Melanie, I say give it another week. Sometimes crap happens with your body and it's just weird. I bet you lose 2 pounds next week. And I am doing good! I did good this whole week, I'm pretty proud of myself.

So I lost 1.5 or 2 pounds this week, lol stupid scale. Yesterday it said I lost 2 pounds, but today it was more like 1.5. So that's kinda lame, cuz I ate good yesterday. But just in case, I'll stick w/ the 1.5 pounds. I'm pretty happy, because I still ate what I wanted, but in moderation. That's my goal! To still live and be happy and healthy! Yay! :D

Meldiggety
08-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks Haley for your food ideas - sounds yummy :D

Karen - I tend to like carmel rice cakes for a snack (50 cals per cake) or 5 whole wheat triscuits with low fat cream cheese or string cheese. If you marinate sliced cucumbers in garlic and balsamic vinegar (or any vinegar really) - they are very yummy too and hardly any calories!

Ok, so my weigh in isn't as bad as I thought;

Week 4 - 178.5 (8/5) -2
Week 5 - 179.0 (8/12) +.5

Total lbs lost: 11.5

At least my gain is only .5 lb, but when you aren't cheating and you're not losing weight, it's still a bummer. Oh well, better luck next time. :^:

Melanie

haleys
08-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Typical workout for me (when I have a full week of working out) is like Monday through Friday an hour on the elliptical each day and Mon/Wed/Fri with full body strength training (upper arms, abs, legs, chest, back, butt).

Hah, I think we all posted at the same time (Nicki, Melanie and I) those are some good snack ideas, Melanie! Good job on your 1.5 pounds down, Nicki! And .5 is nothing, Melanie, seriously, it's probably just water weight. Keep it up!!

Meldiggety
08-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Hey Gals :)

Went to a wedding last night - I figured my calories when I came home for the meal, cake & wine and it was about 1400 cals!! Good thing I had only eaten 600 for the whole day before the wedding. So anyways, I was way up on calories, but the way things have been going, maybe a high calorie meal would do me some good and boost my metabolism. We'll see. Tonight I have a dinner w/ my hubby and his frineds from high school before their 10 year reunion.......so I have to have a game plan about what to order instead of waiting till the time comes.

How is everyone's weekend coming along?

Melanie

fitnessweetie
08-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Okay my weigh in:
8-01-05 225
8-06-05 222.4 lbs
8-13-05 221.7 lbs

Okay, I worked my butt off...it is not much but it is a loss. Oh well.

Thanks for sharing the snacking ideas, and workouts with me. I have a very buzy weekend, so I will not be able to check in as much. Hope everyone is doing well. :smug:

suzefactor
08-14-2005, 11:40 AM
My weekend thus far: so so. I made some really good Jamaican Turkey Patties for dinner on Friday.

Saturday, I got up early (of course I did, I've got a young one), we went to the farmer's market, and then when we came back home, I tried to make myself a spinach omlette. That didn't go so well.

I ended up having Burger King for dinner, which was probably about 500 calories and a very high amount of sodium and fat, but we were on our way to see Lewis Black, and I was STARVING!!

I've gotten some exercise, but not much.

I'm sure my weight will be up.

Meldiggety
08-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Karen - Great job on the loss!! Any loss is a victory in my book :D

Don't fret Suzefactor - just hop right back on the bandwagon. Besides, depending on what you ate that day, a 500 cal meal shouldn't hurt in the big scheme of things.

I ate yet another high calorie meal when we went out last night to mexican food and that was ordering black beans, a small portion of rice & 2 chicken enchiladas. I didn't eat the entire plate, probably 2/3 of it. I steered clear of sour cream and guacamole and also tried to not eat all of the cheese. So by the end of the night I ended up eating my weight maintenance calories. I guess it's better than being over. I'll be getting back into the flow of things today :dizzy:

haleys
08-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Karen, good job! keep working your butt off and you'll see the changes! keep it up!

suzefactor, I agree with Melanie, a 500 cal meal isn't a huge deal, perhaps you should look at this situation and realize you should probably have things around the house that you can grab in a second that is as easy as stopping by burger king. Even a bowl of cereal can be pretty filling. Good luck and keep up with your plan!

Melanie, I had mexican last night too, I resisted all the chips and actually felt awesome that my friends were all munching down on them and I resisted! Good job for steering clear of the sour cream, guac and cheese all are delicious but full of cals and fat.

Good luck to everyone this week! I'm down to 205, but since I was at like 210 last Sunday, I guess I lost 5 pounds, but I really just consider it 2 lost starting at 207. I have 2 weeks to lose 6 pounds, so I really am going to buckle down and do this. I really want to meet my goal and see onederland.

Meldiggety
08-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Haley - Good job girl for resisting the chips! Isn't it a great sense of accomplishment when you can do that? I know you can meet your goal of losing 6 lbs in 2 weeks! :D I am so proud of you for the loss!!

Oh man, I just worked my butt off about an hour ago. I did the new Tae Bo Fat Blasting Cardio video.....the video is 45 min long, but by 20 minutes I was drenched in sweat and thinking I couldn't go any further. I made it to the end somehow and felt great after my shower - LOL :lol: It felt good to get an intense workout, especially after having 2 high calorie dinners this weekend!

Oh yeah, my mom's a nurse and knows a lot about nutrition - I was telling her about how I gained .5 lbs this last week - she was encouraging me, like everyone here was, to keep going and realize that my body is trying to resist my efforts. She explained that our bodies have a built in remembrance system known as a "set point" in which our metabolisms get comfortable maintaining a certain weight which is why people experience plateaus - sometimes for a long period of time. When I told her how many calories I had been eating (between 1200 -1400) - she told me (what Nicki said) that someone my age, weight and with as much exercise as I'm doing shouldn't go below 1600 cals a day. She also agreed that fluctuating your cals is a good idea to keep your metabolism guessing. Anyway, it was just confirmation that what I am doing is right and that what you all suggested was right on advice - thanks girlies!! ;) Can't wait to get over this hump :dizzy:

fitnessweetie
08-14-2005, 10:10 PM
What a buzy weekend!

Suzefactor- :flow1: Hum??? So, what is your real name? Suze or susan? or what? Or do you like to be called suzefactor? Boy! I can understand how hard it is to lose wt when you have a little one. I have two of them. It seems that mom's always put themselves last when it comes to things. But, now I am trying to put myself first. So that I can be the best I can be for my kids. It is so hard to find the time to cook, and sometimes I cook my meals ahead of time. I really like lean cusine meals. It is easy for me right now. But it does have lots of salt. But, that is what I have to do right now.

Haley-You are doing great! :bravo: What a great loss you had this week. If I may ask a ?, what is onederland? I think I might know but I am not sure. I love mexican too! Oh! yumy, wish I had some now.

Melanie-You make such excellent choices when you are out in the food world! :eating2: I hope that I can be like you, when I go on vacation. I am already trying to find ways to keep on track. I really love my kick boxing class and want to buy a Tae Bo DvD. Which one should I get? There are so many of them out there. You seem to know alot about them. Also, reading what your mom, said, I am rethinking my cals and going back to 1500 a day on work out days and trying to eat 1300 on none workout days. Does that seem reasonable?

haleys
08-15-2005, 02:28 AM
Karen, "onederland" is having a one for the first number of the weight, that's why my goal is 199 because that means im entering "onederland"...funny term, but heyyy its a good goal!

Melanie, it feels ssoooooo good to resist bad things, probably even better than making healthy choices. I would much rather say ha! I resisted that, we went to get ice cream tonight and I just got a smoothie with sorbet, hah take that fatty ice cream! Good luck getting over the hump, we all know you can do it!!!

Meldiggety
08-15-2005, 02:29 AM
Hi Karen :)

I think all the Tae Bo videos I've done are great - probably at the level of fitness I am I prefer his Cardio video (I believe it's from 2003). If you are looking for something a bit more challenging, his fat blasting videos are the best. I definitley think 1500 cals or so is a good idea when you're working out & on days when you aren't just listen to your body. Keep up the great work!

Here's the link for the Tae BO video selections;

http://www.billyblanks.com/store_main.asp?Section=Store

Haley - You are so cute - I love your posts....."take that fatty ice cream" - you had me laughing :lol:

G'night,
Melanie

Sunfire
08-15-2005, 04:27 AM
Hiiiiiiii guys! It sounds like you are all doing really good! And Karen, like Melanie said, a loss is a loss! It's better than gaining that weight, right? RIGHT! :D

Melanie that's so cool that your Mom is a nutritionist! And it's good to hear her give you great advice. So many times I hear of nutritionists telling 19 year olds to eat like 1200 calories! I'm just like WTF? So that's great to hear, your Mom sounds like a good one.

Haley, great job on resisting the chips and stuff! That's awesome. That takes SO much power, let me tell you... I LOVE chips and salsa, so I dunno if I'm as strong as you are. :p

I wanna visit onederland soon! LOL That's so cute, I love it. :D

And I did good again on my eating! I'm so happy.

Ok talk to you guys tomorrow!

Meldiggety
08-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Hey Nicki - I am so glad for you! That is awesome that you have been eating well! We are going to have a loss on Friday - am I right?? :D My mom is a nurse, not a nutritionist, but she was going to be a nutritionist, so she took a lot of classes for it - and in nursing school you are required to take nutrition classes as well as several physiological classes - so she knows her stuff.

When I first started to lose weight I was going to go for a goal weight of 130 or 135 lbs, but now I am thinking more like 140 lbs. I am thinking this would be a better weight for me because I have really large breasts for one - LOL, and secondly I just have more of a curvy figure. As soon as I get to that weight I am going to go in for a breast reduction and then I am sure I will weigh between 130-135 anyways. What are all of your final goal weights?? Or are you just going to keep losing and see where you feel comfortable? The only reason I have a set weight in mind is because when I weighed 140, I felt really comfortable with my body and the way clothes fit.

Ok, I will stop rambling now - hee hee :lol:
Melanie

P.S. Please pray for my little guy - he woke up at 5 am with a fever of 102. It has gone down since I gave him medicine, but the poor little guy is exhausted and I hate seeing him in pain, especially when he can't explain to me what exactly is hurting him! Thanks :^:

fitnessweetie
08-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Hey there! What a manic monday....

Melanie: Sorry to hear about your little one. How old is he? Hope that he gets better soon. I know when my kids get sick, I get stressed out, and tend to run to the yummy carbs, little debbie ginger bread men, I tend to eat the whole box! Hopefully, you are not like me. Thanks for the Tae bo info. I will be getting a tape soon. I have my kick box class today, so that should help. Talking about goal weights I would like to get back to 150 and see how I feel then. By the way, I am 5'6'' I tend to have muscle and I am very curvey too. But, when I loss the weight before. I lost my bust. So, I have breast implants. I did not feel like a women. That is why I did it. Here I lost all the weight and I was not happy with my body. I know when I lose it again I will have a tummy tuck and maybe some other tucks. And get my breast re-done. Breast feeding took it toll and also the weight gain from having the babies. Oh well, can not wait until then.

Haley and Nicki: I can see you soon will be in onederland. I wish I was there with you both.

suzefactor
08-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Karen - my real name is actually Sarah. It's a long story as to how my handle became suzefactor, but I'll blame it on an early college friend with a queer sense of humor. I picked up a lot of lean cuisine and healthy choice frozen meals for lunches, low cal, low fat, i don't have to spend time in the kitchen, works for me. The thing about journalling food, or only being able to eat a certain amount of servings of stuff like fruit becomes difficult when you're a mom to young children, i find myself constantly eating the fruit that my son leaves behind so it doesn't go to waste. (We're raising our son mostly vegetarian). I myself will also need some tucking if i ever get down to my goal weight. My husband and I have made a pact that if I get to 145 and stay there for six months, I can have a tummy tuck. My highest weight was 243, when I was 9 months pregnant. I've got one **** of what I endearingly call my "baby flap".

Melanie - congratulations on hanging in there with the Tae Bo! My boot camp DVD's should be here soon, and I know I'm in for a serious butt kicking. I'm very excited, though. Right now my main source of exercise is Curves, and I can tell the difference just in a couple of weeks! I can work the machines harder and faster, and I'm not really sore anymore. It feels so good. I've promised myself new crosstraining shoes if I go three times a week all month. Two weeks down, 3 more to go. Baby/toddler fevers are no fun. My son gets ear infections so frequently, and one time the antibiotics they put him on made his fever spike to over 104!! Of course that was the night that my husband was working and my mom was AWOL. I was like, uhhhh, what am I going to do now?!! (When sickness sets in, I tend to get a little panicky. Not a good quality for a mom to have.) But we got through it. I gave him some tylenol and we cuddled until he fell asleep. They switched the antibiotics and we didn't have any more problems.

Haley - a 500 calorie meal in the overall gist of my day was not such a big deal. I hadn't had much to eat all day. We were running late to see Lewis Black, and my priority was actually baking low-fat pumpkin muffins for a long time friend who just moved into an apartment down the street from us. She's suffered a really nasty breakup recently, so I figured I'd try to bring her something to eat. When she goes through big emotional shake ups, she totters on malnutrition because she can't seem to eat. (She stood up in our wedding, and the bridesmaid's dress was two sizes too big at a 4!!) You're so close to onederland! Keep going!!

Nicki - you're so close to onederland. You can do it!

As for me, we had a family party to attend yesterday. OH, the horror. It was my husband's family (read: I don't get along with the in-laws or their brothers and sisters). They celebrated all the August birthdays - 5 total. All of them....except mine. On the bright side, that means I didn't have to eat cake and ice cream, nor did I have to put on a fake smile for people I really don't like. Of course I'm kind and polite to them, but all of us have a mutual dislike for each other. Oh well. Happy birthday to me anyway (at the end of the month). My mother, on the other hand, was FURIOUS that her daughter had been "dissed". *sigh* Oooooh boy.

I picked up a copy of Cooking Light this weekend and it's got some great revamped recipes. My favorite dish that my husband makes is an alfredo made with heavy cream served with morel mushrooms rehydrated with (you guessed it) heavy cream. Needless to say, this is horribly high in calories and fat. Trust me, I am approaching a point somewhere. The point is, one reader sent in a recipe for pasta with alfredo sauce, shrimp, and bacon. It had a WHOPPING 723 calories and FORTY GRAMS OF FAT!! The Cooking Light redo had 382 calories and only 7 grams of fat. I think I'll have to try it for one of my higher calorie meals. It sounds SO good!

Sarah

Celeste0722
08-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey ladies!!! Sorry I've been MIA! Kalynn's birthday party was this weekend.

Speaking of which, I ate HORRIBLY this week. Well..I gained 2 lbs :( That's WITH running an hour 5 times a week. I shudder to think how much I would've gained if I hadn't run.

I still have cookies and cake left. I'm telling Bill (DH) to bring them to his kids (he's a teacher).

Good news though...I went shopping for some jeans and some shirts for fall..I wear an 8. HOLY CRAP!!! I couldn't believe it!!!

This is a new week and I'm going to do much better, I just know it.

Mel, I hope your little guy gets better :( I HATE it when Kalynn gets sick, it breaks my heart.

haleys
08-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Melanie, it's great to have some humor in life, I love making people laugh :lol: I'm so sorry to hear about your son :( I hope he gets better soon. That's a good idea to set your goal to 140. If you felt comfortable at that weight, then that's what matters. When you get your breast reduction just hand that stuff right over here, I could use some more!!

Karen, you'll be there soon enough, I was where you are not too long ago and look at where I am now! It really is only a few pounds away!

Celeste, don't let the 2 pound gain get you down, just jump right back into your plan and keep going. An 8 is awesome, good job!!!!

Nicki, we're almost there, my scale said 203.5 this morning :D If you love chips and salsa there's nothing wrong with eating it in moderation, but I don't really like it, it's just there so I eat it before I get my food.

fitnessweetie
08-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey Celeste: Glad to hear from you. Wow! How old is your cutie now? I know she had a great day. Try not worry about gaining weight. I think that you are doing great. I wish I could run an hour day. That is so awesome! ;)
Wow! a size 8.

Hi Sarah: Thanks for letting me know your name. So, when is your birthday? You are doing so great since coming on this thread. We get cooking light mags too. I just have not had anytime to make a thing.
Yes, I tend to nibble on my daughter's Jessica's plate. Need to stop that. Also, we are potty training and see gets :m: and :m: 's if she goes. And guess who gets some too. Need to stop that! Oh, well......good luck!

Karen

Celeste0722
08-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks guys, it's just so freakin' frustrating that I've been doing so well, then I gain 2 lbs because of poor choices I made :(

Karen, she's 3! She definitely had a great day, made out like a bandit (a Dora bandit :lol: )

haleys
08-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Karen, it's Sarah not Susan :p

Sarah, I had ear infections quite frequently when I was younger as well and just recently a nutritionist told me those were due to lactose intolerance. You may want to check that out, just to see??

fitnessweetie
08-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Opps!! Thanks Haley for letting me know. Maybe I need to eat more sugar? LOL

suzefactor
08-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Karen, it's Sarah not Susan :p

Sarah, I had ear infections quite frequently when I was younger as well and just recently a nutritionist told me those were due to lactose intolerance. You may want to check that out, just to see??

My son is lactose intolerant. We've actually known that since he was about 5 weeks old. (Oh god, those first five weeks of him screaming almost all the time he was awake, the gas, the screaming, the pooping, the screaming....)

I also used to get ear infections often, and they think it was due to allergies. My son also has allergies and mild asthma. Any time the pollen count gets high, his sinuses go crazy, and there's another ear infection. He's on a prophylactic dose of antibiotics right now, another month to go. I'd still bet money he's going to end up with tubes, though. He's still got a double ear infection, and minor (reversible) hearing loss.

It could be SO much worse though. I am very thankful that ear infections, allergy annoyances, and mild asthma are all we have to deal with.

Karen - My birthday is August 29th. I will be the ripe old age of 23. My sister was freaking out yesterday because she just turned twenty. It's all a matter of perspective, although I feel like I'm 30 because I've got a son, a husband, and a career.

Sunfire
08-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Too... much... talk... about... kids...! LOL Just kidding. :p I just feel bad because I can't help out! LOL Mabye some day, right? Some day... far away.. but some day... :p

Anyways, Haley we are at the same weight right now! LOL 203.5. That's cool. :p

Hey Celeste, do you have any before/after pics? I mean you have come a long way!

Melanie I hope your son gets better FAST!

Ok sorry. I don't have much else to add... I have to go move my car from the garage because my boyfriend is gonna put together a ping pong table! LOL :p

Celeste0722
08-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Hey Celeste, do you have any before/after pics? I mean you have come a long way!

Why, yes I do! :lol:

This is before--this is an old picture..I was about 10-15 lbs bigger when I started WW's this past Jan:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5db05b3127cce919d7e834cf800000015109AZNGTFi4ao

This is me, 53 lbs down! I still have 15 lbs to go..It's going to take FOREVERRRRR
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d624b3127cce93698b887b1000000016109AZNGTFi4ao

Have fun with the ping pong table!

fitnessweetie
08-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Celeste you look awesome!!!!!! I still do not have the courage to take a before pic. I hate having pictures of me at this weight! Celeste WAY TO GO GIRL! :cheers: :cheer:

Sunfire
08-15-2005, 05:55 PM
WOW Celeste! You look SO AWESOME! Thanks for sharing those! :D Such an inspiration! You look really great. You have great legs, too. Especially your calves! :p

Meldiggety
08-15-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey Ladies - Thanks for wishing my son well - he seems to be feeling a bit better, but he's just really low energy w/ a fever still (it's gone down w/ motrin). I just hate to see the poor little guy suffer......it's pretty heart wrenching for us mom's to see them like that. Looking forward to my bright eyed busy little guy again! :D Needless to say, I am not going to get in my exercise today - that's the way it goes with a baby though!

Karen - My little one is a year and a half - how old are yours??

Celeste - I second what Nicki said about your legs - so cute and strong ;) You are really doing wonderfully, thanks for being such an example to look up to.

Nicki and Haley - That's great you gals are almost to "onederland" - keep it up girlies!

Haley - If I could I would gladly share some of my excess w/ you - LOL! You are too funny girl - you crack me up, I love it!

Sarah - That alfredo sauce sounds delicious - pasta with cream sauce is my weakness by far - LOL! Maybe if you get a chance you could post the cooking light recipe?

Oh yeah - it's about due time for another picture sharing session! I will start w/ family pics we just got taken about a week ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/meldiggety/MomnCody.jpg
Me & my little man

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/meldiggety/codybunny.jpg
Sweet Cody

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/meldiggety/dadcod.jpg
My hubby & baby

Celeste0722
08-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Thanks ladies, that really means a lot :)

Mel, OMG, he's such a sweet boy!!! Can I just say that I'm SO jealous that Cody sat still and took that adorable picture in the chair? Kalynn will NOT sit still for nuttin' :lol: And OMG, yeah, I hear ya, it is SO heartwrenching when your poor baby is suffering and we can't stop it.

I have to say that your husband is very good looking!

Sunfire
08-15-2005, 06:58 PM
What a CUTE family Melanie! Your son is ADORABLE!

Meldiggety
08-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Celeste - Oh man, those pictures of Cody were capturing seconds or milliseconds of him sitting still -LOL! I think the photographer did the fastest flash speed he had :lol: I will have to tell my husband that he got a nice compliment from you - he'll love it :D

fitnessweetie
08-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Mel, love the pics what a cute little boy! My little girl is almost 3 in dec. and I have a little boy who will be 8 months soon. Tell me, is there an easy way to post the pic. I would love to show some pics also. How do you do that?

Celeste0722
08-15-2005, 10:59 PM
Karen, I use either photobucket, or shutterfly.

With photobucket, you upload the picture and then copy where it says "img"

With Shutterfly, you upload the picture and then I right click, click on copy and then paste on here.

suzefactor
08-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Sarah - That alfredo sauce sounds delicious - pasta with cream sauce is my weakness by far - LOL! Maybe if you get a chance you could post the cooking light recipe?

Mel, the recipe has been posted here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63531) .
What an adorable family!!!

Celeste - thanks for being an inspiration!

My before pics are all from my wedding. It's totally depressing to me. I can't post them, because they're protected on the site, but you can see them here (http://www.myweddingphotographer.net/middendorff). Just log in as guest@guest.com. The worst part is, I was 5-10 pounds thinner THEN! But I am down another pound. Woohoo!

haleys
08-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Sarah, you are so pretty!! Your wedding was gorgeous, the bouqet/cake/dress cut are the ones I have in mind for my dream wedding :p

Shame on the TOM, I'm going to a water park tomorrow and it just has to show up the day before I leave, UGGGHHHH :mad:

You all seriously are so pretty and have such beautiful families!!

I'm going out of town tonight and I'll be back tomorrow night, I'm gonna try to get to the gym before I go out of town because I know we'll be visiting this pastry shop there and I want at least one thing :D

Mannn, no ones ever said it but I LOVE these smilie faces, they're so entertaining :cool: . Anyways, hope you all are having a good week and are doing well. Take care!!

Meldiggety
08-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Karen - Sounds like you have your hands full with a 3 yr old and on 8 month old! I don't know how you do it with 2 at that age, sometimes with one it's hard for me! I have mucho resept for you ;)

Sarah - What a gorgeous wedding you had! Was it a fun one too? I know lots of people barely even rememeber theirs because it's so rush rush. You look beautiful too - very pretty smile :) Thanks for sharing the pics and the recipe!

Cody had a crazy high fever again last night - we were up with him on and off all night. His Dr. said he should be on the mend soon. I guess it's a virus he got.....poor guy! :o

I may not be able to post until Friday because I had plans to leave town w/ a girlfriend tomorrow and Thursday (depends on how my little guy is feeling later today - no way will I leave him if he's hurting still).

Hope you are all doing well - I think I am losing again - whew, finally :lol:

Sunfire
08-17-2005, 04:24 PM
Sarah you look SO pretty in your wedding dress! :D :D

So how are you all doing? No one has posted since yesterday! Tell me how you all are. :D

I'm ok. I went out to dinner Monday night w/ my boyfriend and a few friends. I didn't feel guilty about it because it was the first non healthy food I had eaten all week. But my main course was a turkey sandwhich, so that's no too bad. But then I had dessert.. and 2 malibu pineapples. :p BUT Troy and I went to the State Fair yesterday, and that's where I did bad. I had... a corndog, frozen margarita, choc. covered strawberries and chilli cheese fries. :dz: So, you know. Back on it today. I will eat healthy today and for the rest of the week. This is usually where I fall off, but I won't let myself this time. Not anymore.

fitnessweetie
08-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Well, here I am. Still working on the pic thing. Would love to show you!

Mel, Yes it is a challenge with two young ones, at times. But, I am very lucky to have them in my life. Little Charlie is teething.....HELP! Oh well.

Sarah, you are such a stunning bride. I felt like I went to your wedding!

Haley, hope you had fun at the water park. Hum...Did you eat a cookie for me. I love them so!

Nicki, it seems to me that every weekend for me is a cheat weekend! I need to stop that. It will catch up with me soon. I need to make it just one day! OR one meal.

Anyway, I took my first spin class :ebike: :ebike: :ebike: And I did look like the guy on this bike, the first 30mins, then last 30mins was easier. I think I will do it again!

Is everyone on a vacation??????

suzefactor
08-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Thank you, everyone for your compliments. My wedding day was pretty disastrous, but I'll make a long story short. We got married at the Detroit Marriott inside the Renaissance Center overlooking the Detroit River. Well, the night before, they closed the exit to Jefferson, the road leading to the Ren Cen. The road crew hit a whole bunch of power lines the morning of our wedding, so consequently, half the building had no power, and the rest had no water. That's right. NO WATER. The basement, where the kitchens are, had no power. About an hour before we were supposed to meet downstairs for pictures, my sister and I ventured downstairs (we were on level 69, in the bridal suite, getting ready), and got STUCK in the elevator. oh yes. Once we reached the bottom floor, I had the worst panic attack I have ever had (and I've had plenty). Needless to say, when I look at my photos, I still see so much turmoil and fear and chaos. I didn't enjoy my wedding, there's a lot I wish I would've done differently. But at least the pictures turned out great!!

Mel, I feel you. Another kid down. Andrew's got an upper respiratory infection, still fighting the ear infections, and a lovely case of conjunctivitis. He's feeling funky, it's so obvious. Poor kid. I hope your son is feeling better.

Haley, I feel you too, girl. It's PMS City over here. I overate (but not by much, only by about 100-200 calories), and all I want is Taco Bell and chocolate. I ate all of my dinner and half of my husband's. And some south beach cookies. I would MURDER for chocolate chip cookies and a mexican pizza right now. It'll be a miracle if I make it through the next two weeks without any major setbacks. PMS then TOM, I'm miserable half the month!

Karen, I only wish I was on vacation. Half of my husband's staff is (he's Geek Squad supervisor at the local Best Buy), so we don't get one. Especially not now that they're in school rush mode. We'll have about a month where we MIGHT be able to go somewhere for a few days if finances cooperate, which is not looking positive right now. My business is slow, and because I make a **** of a lot more commission than I do salary, I've been bringing home about a third of what I was, and that will continue until roughly the end of September. *sigh* There goes our house savings.

debbietexas
08-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Gosh I feel so silly. I posted few weeks ago and didn't save the page to where I posted. I just now found again. I'm not use to such a big board.
Everyone is so friendly here and such good support and I love it.
I have been doing the Susan Powter diet for 10 days now and feel great. It has taken some getting use to because I was a low carber for so long. Everyday it feels great to just not be on a diet but healthy way of eating. Not sayin atkins isn't I lost from 230 to 193 on it but just couldn't get back to doing it again. Now I eat pretty much what I want as long as it doesn't have the fat or high calories and I feel great.
Now I am going to go back and read all the post I missed and hope to get to know everyone. Maybe some one can show me around this place lol.

Celeste0722
08-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Sorry I've been MIA. Been busy trying to get my Nursing School application together. Next week I have to pick up my transcript, take my nursing entrance test, get my TB screen, get my Hep B titer, get my mom to sign saying that I've had the chicken pox and that she did give me the tetanus shot (she's a nurse)

WW's wise, I've gotten back on track. I've been back to my better eating habits since the cookies and cake from Kalynn's bday part are gone.

Mel, how's Cody feeling? I hope he's feeling better

Nicki, I can't wait for our State Fair!! Woohoo! It's not til October though.

Karen, have you tried Hyland's Teething Tablets? They seemed to really help Kalynn when she was teething. Wow that's awesome you took a spinning class!!

Sarah-Wow, that is terrible about what happened on your wedding day! The picutres are just gorgeous though!

Debbie-Glad you're back!

Meldiggety
08-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey Ladies,

Hope all is well with you ;)

Cody's fever has gone away but now he is broken out in tiny red bumps from his chest to his groin area and his face has red blotches on it.....I'll be taking him back to his Pediatrician today. :?:

Here's my weigh in;

Week 4 - 178.5 (8/5) - 2
Week 5 - 179.0 (8/12) + .5
Week 6 - 176.5 (8/19) - 2.5 lbs

Total lbs lost: 14.0......Yeh, I am finally on the down side again :)

How's everyone?

Melanie

suzefactor
08-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Hey Ladies,

Hope all is well with you ;)

Cody's fever has gone away but now he is broken out in tiny red bumps from his chest to his groin area and his face has red blotches on it.....I'll be taking him back to his Pediatrician today. :?:

Here's my weigh in;

Week 4 - 178.5 (8/5) - 2
Week 5 - 179.0 (8/12) + .5
Week 6 - 176.5 (8/19) - 2.5 lbs

Total lbs lost: 14.0......Yeh, I am finally on the down side again :)

How's everyone?

Melanie

Mel, congratulations on the weight loss. Sounds like Cody's got Roseola (http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/roseola.html) . No biggie, most kids get it.

Meldiggety
08-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Hey Sarah,

That sounds like exactly what Cody has - even the rash looks the same. Thanks for the info - very helpful!

I am so sorry about Andrew's upper resp and eye inf. - is he any better?

fitnessweetie
08-19-2005, 03:02 PM
TGIF!!!! :yes:

Melanie: You did a great job! Wow! :dancer: :cp: Hope your little Cody is better this weekend.

Celeste: Thanks for the teething tip. Where do you get the stuff? Glad to hear that you are back on track with your eating. I know that it would be very hard for me. I love cookies and cake. I love looking at your before and after pics. :tantrum: I wish I was there now!

Debbie: Great to have you back!!! Do you have a weigh in day? I weigh in on Sat. I like seeing everyones progress, it really helps me stay on track. :chin: Hum??? I think that is a good thing.

Sarah: I would have never thought that any of those events occur on your wedding day. It looked really classy. :cool:

Nicki: Where are you? Sweetie? ;)

Celeste0722
08-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Karen, you can get the Hyland's at Walgreen's, CVS, other places like that.

Sunfire
08-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Great job Melanie! I knew you were going to lose weight this week. :D

Hey I'm here. There hasn't been much going on, so I haven't really posted!

Anyways, I didn't lose weight this week. Stayed the same. I think because of my weekend, I didn't do too well. Boo. :( But I'm back on track!

debbietexas
08-19-2005, 04:14 PM
So far I don't have a weigh in day. I am just now getting use to the word not on a diet. I am doing the Susan Powter formula and it is going great. Everyone should at least read the Stop the Insanity no matter what diet you are on. I started on this 8/8/05 and weighed 193. I gained four pounds at first and it scared me to death. I think it was because I was doing atkins for so long and body went into carb shock lol. Now I eat balanced meals and snacks and do the fat formula and down to 191. I have come to accept fact that I won't lose it all in just few weeks so I don't really focus on the scales. I am up to walking 3 miles aday and don't start huffing hard till on way back home but I think it is because heat is so horrible. I just feel great doing it this way. My goal is to lose at least 1 lb a week. I am hoping to be 135 by july 31 on my bday. One day at a time and like Susan says it takes fat to make fat so I really really focus on that more than the calories but do keep them down right now they are averaging 1000 a day and that is with me eating and staying full.
I am still trying to learn way on board and not get lost so don't think I am ignoring everyone by not answering everything. I read all the post yall write and some day hope to be able to jump in with you guys.
Best of luck to all !!! Oh yea I forgot to mention during all the healthy stuff I am giving up the cigarettes!!! That is hard for me to do and makes me want to eat more but I want to get healthy. 50 is just around the corner for me.Two more years. MY luck I will get all healthy and skinny and get ran over by a bus lol. But heck I will look good huh!!!!

fitnessweetie
08-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Nicki: :bravo: :hat: You did great! I hope to stay the same when I go on vacation. Keep on going....

Debbie: I agree with you about the scale. I think I rely on it way too much. My husband even hide it from me. And guess what...I found it! I know I should rely on other factors too. like, feeling fit and energized, clothes, etc. I read Susan' book about 5 years old. I gonna try to find it. It is great to have you back! :D

Celeste: Thanks again! :smug: I will try those stores...soon....

debbietexas
08-19-2005, 06:02 PM
I love the book she is such a great inspriration no matter what diet you do!!! It just is teaching me to love me and feed my body right and take care of it. I was on atkins for so long it is just hard for me to adjust to being able to eat food but it is working slow but sure. I didn't gain this over nite and going to take time for me to lose it. You guys are really a big help to me just knowing I am not in this alone!!!!

Meldiggety
08-19-2005, 06:43 PM
One day at a time and like Susan says it takes fat to make fat so I really really focus on that more than the calories but do keep them down right now they are averaging 1000 a day and that is with me eating and staying full.

Hi Debbie -

I hope you didn't mean you are eating 1000 calories per day?? If so, that is WAY under for your weight. You can actually gain weight when you eat too little. I weigh 176 right now and I stopped losing weight for a few weeks when I was eating 1200 - 1400 calories per day. As soon as I started eating between 1400 - 1800 per day (I eat higher calories when I exercise), I started losing again. You don't want your body to go into starvation mode & hang onto fat, so make sure you are eating enough calories. At your weight, you should not eat under 1600 calories per day and as you lose, you can lower them a little (but never go under 1200 calories per day). Hope I didn't misunderstand you :D

Melanie

debbietexas
08-19-2005, 08:38 PM
That is all the calories I am eating. I eat three meals a day and two snacks and I am just not hungry. I am adding more calories gradually I just have to get over the carbaphobia. I know that isn't enough especially with me walking 3 miles. Right now I am just trying to focus on eating right then the weight. I Have dieted so long I really am having a hard time at this. It is like I am afraid to go over 1000 calories and I know so little about it.That is why I came here and hope all of you can help me get it figured out. If it helps here is some of my menu that isnt what i eat every day that is todays

Breakfast Bowl of Raisin Bran with some type of fruit
Snack 0 fat bagel with promise margarine
Lunch baked potatoe with out cheese usually
snack fruit or 0 fat sherbert or frozen yougart
dinner pinto beans corn rice
I just can't make myself eat meat yet Heck what I am saying is I am here to learn to try to get fit with help from others.
I did lot of different kinds of diets and the one that is making most sense to me is the Susan Powter way. I appreciate all advice.

fitnessweetie
08-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Okay my weigh :goodscale in:
8-01-05 225
8-06-05 222.4 lbs
8-13-05 221.7

8-20-05
weigh in today 220.1

Slowly but surely, I think that I am gonna cut out the m amd m's and some of the sweets I am eating. Maybe, I will lose more. Also, I am going to eat better on the weekend. Still, I am happy I did well!

Cheers!

Karen

debbietexas
08-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Way to go Karen. I will be glad when I get scale moving as much as you guys. Thanks Mel for answering my pm the menu was great help. I started measuring my food and wasn't really surprised at how fast the calories add up and if I am not honest with myself I am not cheating any one but me. So now I measure my cereal, yougart and everything with calories and fat grams. Thanks again and good luck to all.

Meldiggety
08-21-2005, 05:59 PM
YEH Karen!! Good job :D Keep it up!

No problem Debbie ;)

Just bought a really great digital food scale from Target and am SO glad I did - I was WAY over estimating my meat portions - I was thinking I was eating a 6 oz chicken breast that was really only 3.5 oz & I was doing the same thing to my fruit too! I just feel better having it and knowing I can weight everyting out. It weighs in fluid oz, solid oz & grams.

How is everyone doing??

fitnessweetie
08-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Hum???? since Debbie and Melanie are measuring and weighing food. Maybe, i should too. Melanie, what is the brand of food scale at target that you have bought. Well, I ate better this weekend. Kept track on intake on Sunday. I did not do it on Saturday. Next weekend, I will try to do both. It is sometimes hard when we go out and get busy. Hope everyone is doing well!

Celeste0722
08-22-2005, 09:58 AM
OK, I'm so mad.

Last week, I gained 2 lbs because I ate HORRIBLY.

Well, this week I STILL gained 2 lbs!! I didn't eat TOO horribly, AND I ran for 6 days a week from anywhere to an hr-1 1/2 hrs. What is going on?? I can't seem to get past 155!!

suzefactor
08-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Celeste - sounds like you're hitting a plateau. Perhaps that's just your low set weight. Not to mention, when you eat horrid, it doesn't have an immediate effect; it takes time to show up. Just keep at it.

My weigh in:

7-30-05 204
8-22-05 196

I know there's been other weigh-ins, but to be honest, I haven't really kept track of dates and weights.

Andrew is doing better. I, of course, have finally ended up with whatever he and my husband have, and I blew my nose for about 20 minutes when I got up this morning. I got my Billy Blanks boot camp DVD's in the mail on Friday. I attempted the Basic Training one on Saturday, got about 30 minutes in, and had to sit down. The worst part is, I was so sore yesterday that I couldn't sit down or stand up without help. I'm hobbling around like an old woman. I'm STILL incredibly sore today. I'm supposed to go to Curves today, and I can't even fathom it! I've stuck within my calorie range, even though I suffered through raging PMS. However, on Friday, part of my calorie range was spent on Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Yeah, didn't go over on calories, but THAT was full of saturated fat. I needed it so badly though. However, I continue to lose weight, even though right now I am so bloated and uncomfortable. Sometimes I despise being a woman. Really.

Sarah

debbietexas
08-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks mel, I am going to get me one of the scales also. It is amazing just how wrong you are on the guessing of how much eating. I didn't get to do much walking this week have had horrible bronchitus but feeling better and ready to get things moving again. Celeste do you think it could be fluid retention because of all of the heat. I know here in East Texas it has been horrible and my hand are constantly swollen. Also please everyone remember us in your prayers today. We lost our precious Granny Hester this morning . A beautiful precious lady that gave 92 years to us. I have no doubt in my mind she is smiling down from heaven at us. I have only one prob lol. I was looking for dress to wear and my smallest dress is 22 and guess what I wear a 16 now. geesh maybe I should wear a dress more often.