Old 07-24-2005, 09:40 PM   #1  
NICKI

Red face The "60 pound-ish" Support Thread

Hi! I decided to make a support thread in here for those who are looking to lose 50-60 pounds or so! This is a support thread, so it would be nice to give lots of support! So please join and maybe say a little something about yourself.

My name is Nicki and I am 23 years old. I live in Sacramento, CA with my boyfriend of 2 years (today, July 24th is our ann.! ). I have a black cat named Cha-Chi. I work in TV production but I am also currently studying to become a personal trainer. I would like to lose 59 pounds, and so far I have lost 6. But I have been stuck at 6 pounds for a few months. I need to get back on track and get to the gym!

Ok your turn! If you have any suggestions, please share them!

Our Weigh In Days:
Melanie – Friday
Nicki - Friday
Haley – Sunday
Celeste – Monday
Jenny - ?

Last edited by Sunfire; 07-26-2005 at 12:46 AM.
Sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 09:55 PM   #2  

I hope you don't mind me joining! I had about 66 lbs to lose and I have lost 48 lbs. You can do it!! The hardest part for me was getting started and getting into a routine.
Celeste0722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 10:15 PM   #3  
NICKI

Of course I don't mind you joining! LOL More people = more support which = more success!

Anyways, so you have lost *counts* 48 pounds so far?! Wow. That's so great! I can't wait until I get there! How did you stay on track? I will do good for a week, maybe 2 weeks and then fall off. BUT I usually gain that weight back plus some, so I'm happy to stay that at least my 6 pounds has stayed off from a few months ago when I was doing well.

So yeah, how did you stay in your routine?

EDIT: I thought you lost 18 pounds at first. But then I realized it was 48 pounds! Dang, you are awesome.

Last edited by Sunfire; 07-24-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:21 PM   #4  

Heehee, I've lost 48 lbs The hardest part for me was to get started..I started WW's and have found some great low point foods (I'm a HUGE snacker). I eat lots of veggies, fruit, good stuff like that. HOwever, I do not restrict myself, I still eat ice cream, and go out to eat, but I don't eat as much.

What really helped me stay on track is counting EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth. Helps me stay accountable.

It's really hard..At my heaviest, I was 230, lost about 45 lbs and gained all but 24 back. But this time, I am going to keep it off!

What helped me stay in my routine, honestly?? Uhh..more food With WW's, if you exercise, you accrue activity points which means you get more food. So, if I wanted a yummy snack, I'd work out for 30 minutes. Then, I found something that I really enjoy and stuck with it..I run 2-3 miles a day 5 days a week.

Last edited by Celeste0722; 07-24-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:29 PM   #5  

Yay I found the tread. Hi everyone, Im Jennifer and I'm also 23 years old. I started atkins last saturday because I was at my highest weight of 220. Now I am at 209. I also have gotten into a routine. I've been going to my schools rec center for about an hour a day after my summer classes are done. Right now I just want to get under 200, after that my goal will be every 25lbs lost. Ultimatly I would love to be 150. I am 5'5 and wear a size 18! I remember being a size 16 forever, so I would love to fit into some 14s. Right now my jeans are fitting me loose already in the thieghs, but my waist kind of feels the same. I hope I aint repeating things I said in the other forum. Oh yeah I have a cat too, named Lucy.
jennyhenny0330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 10:37 PM   #6  
NICKI

Celeste I edited my post! I realized what I said after I posted, lol! Oops!

Anyways, I tried W.W.! I really liked it. But now I'm just counting calories. I am for 1800 cals a day, but if I have 1900-2000 that's ok too, because I can lose on eating that much (even with out exercise!). But my goal is 1800. I know I'll have to change that once I start losing more, though. BUT I really need to get in and exercise! I know this would help me greatly.

I need to be accountable with what I eat, also. I have a Palm Pilot, and I have written down everything I have eaten for the past few weeks, good or bad. But sometimes I don't count calories, and that's not good. Counting really helps keep me on track. I'm not obsessive with it, either. And I eat whatever I want as well, as long as I stay in my calorie range.

Hi Jennifer! So glad you are here. Good luck on Atkins! But please, PLEASE be careful! It can be a dangerous diet, especially if you exercise! Ok, now that I have said that (I'm sorry if saying that is annoying, I just can't help myself when it comes to that diet!), congrats on your weight loss. My goal weight is 150 as well!

Maybe we can check in once a week with our weight? Or if some like to weigh in less, they can weigh in whenever they want? How about Friday's? Let me know what you guys think. We don't even have to do that! But if you guys like that idea, maybe I can build a chart or something for us, so we can see our progress. Or I guess our trackers are cool, too.

It's so funny... I remember like a year and a half ago when I was like 180 pounds. Gawd, how I would love to be there again. But soon, right?
Old 07-24-2005, 10:42 PM   #7  

Doesn't matter to me! My weigh ins are on Mondays(crossfing that I lose 2 lbs so i can officially say I've lost 50 lbs!!)

I'm glad you started this thread..I could really use the motivation/support. Another motivator for me though..my husband promised me a cruise if I lost my weight and maintained it for a year...He didn't realize that I am getting to my goal this soon
Old 07-24-2005, 10:59 PM   #8  
NICKI

Well maybe we can just weigh in whenever day! We'll just post it on the day we choose to weigh in. Because I know everyone likes differnent days!

Oooo! What a great reward, a cruise! I'm going on one in January. Have you ever been on one? They are GREAT! And I would LOVE to lose the majority of my weight by then. I really don't want to feel this uncomfortable come cruise time.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:05 PM   #9  

Nicki and Celeste have yall tried using mybodycomp.com. It's a neat website. It allows you to enter all your measurements and save them. You can go back later and do another one. And you can tell itto give you a "progress report". It tells you how many inches you have lost. It's pretty cool! I started last wednesday and couldnt wait to do it again on Saturday. I know I should just do it once a week. I weigh myself everyday so it doesn't matter too me.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:05 PM   #10  

Yeah, we went on one for our honeymoon! I LOOVED it and have been dying to take another one! The good thing is that they have a gym so I will definitely be taking advantage of that!
Old 07-24-2005, 11:07 PM   #11  

Jenny, yeah, I use my bodycomp It's really neat to compare and see how many inches I've lost!
Old 07-24-2005, 11:23 PM   #12  
NICKI

Ok quick question. Should we try and give eachother advice in here, or only support? Because I have learned lots from reading articles and by studying my personal training book, and I want to share my information. BUT I don't want to come across as a "know-it-all" or anything like that. Please tell me what you guys think. I love to help others, but not if it's going to annoy some people on here!

Anyways, Celeste where did you guys go on your first one and where are you gonna go on your future one? We (boyfriend and I) went to the Mexican Riveria last year. The 3 stops were Puerta Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan. It was a BLAST! We are going to the Western Carribean this time, I forget the stops. Like.. Cozumel... Ocho Rio's or something like that and one more, lol. Oooo I can't wait!

Celeste how old are you and where do you live?! You and Jenny sound so cool.

Jenny, I have not used that but I will check it out! It sounds really cool.

What are you all up to tonight?
Old 07-24-2005, 11:28 PM   #13  

Nicki, I say go ahead and give advice! I don't mind learning something new!

On our first one, we went to the Western Carribean..Cozumel, Playa del Carmen. We had a BLAST!! The one I'm looking at goes to Cozumel and Belize I believe.

Heehee, thanks I'm 29 and I'm in TX..It's a small town right between Dallas and Ft Worth.

I'm just surfing the net I should be going to bed but I'm not really sleepy!
Old 07-24-2005, 11:40 PM   #14  

I don't mind advice...I think I'll need all the advice I can get. I've never been on a cruise. They sound fun. However I did just take a 2 week trip to LA and Las Vegas. Gamblings in my blood. Can you gamble on those cruises? He Celeste, I'm from Texas too! San Antonio originally, but right now im in Lubbock taking summer courses. I miss my family. I actually should be studying, I have a test tomarow and another on tuesday. Oh well. Right now I'm just online, watching the forums, that I've posted on. I have a current events quiz tomarow soo I'm taking notes from cnn.com and foxnews.com. I should be signing off soon.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:29 AM   #15  

Jenny, have you heard of Hereford? Yeah, on the Carnival cruise at least, you can gamble. Good luck on your quiz!! I have an algebra exam tomorrow