Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#43)

Sherry
07-24-2005, 12:13 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/guy

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
07-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Hey :wave:

We just got home from Debbie's. We swimmed all day!! We even walked!!! :D I'm so tired. I wanted to start a new thread before I hit the bed. Will post more tomorrow.

Goodnight Hugs......

gdeann
07-24-2005, 01:22 AM
I like your little welcome dude, Sher! I wish I were that skinny!

ShelleyM
07-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Gayle-Mike says to make sure the blower fan is running(air coming out ducts) and the fan at the unit outside is running. If they are both running, then look for ice on the large copper line going into the outside unit. If there is ice, you need freon. If not and the large line is not cool to the touch, then it is a compressor problem. If both the compressor and the fan are not running, then it could be a time delay on the main compressor contactor. Email me back with what you find, and I'll find out more from Mike. If it's a time delay problem, Mike says that he can probably walk you through how to take care of it.

gdeann
07-24-2005, 04:05 PM
I noticed frost on the pipe Shelley the first evening I had problems. Then it disappeared and never reappeared as far as I know. The guy came out and changed a burnt coil-wire, said that should take care of the problem. 45 minutes later we were blowing hot air again. The fan works, but the compressor will go off every so often. It gets hot enough, it will cause our breakers to go off to the unit. Even if I get the breakers back on, we need to wait for the compressor and outside air to cool before the compressor will run again. The guy came back out yesterday, said he would charge it with freon even though it showed it was full. Since he charged it the unit has only went off once and I was able to go flip the breaker and get it running again. I'm inclined to think it needed more freon, plus maybe our compressor is getting ready to go out????? Am I close Mike??? :-)

ShelleyM
07-24-2005, 07:28 PM
Since he put some more freon in it, things seem to be working better but still not 100%.
This sounds like it is indeed a little low, if the coil in the air handler (the inside parts) is dirty or the filter is clogged, the gauges will indicate proper charge of freon, even when freon is a little low. If the inside coil is easy to get to, and you have a pump up sprayer, it is very easy to clean and I can walk you through doing it.
As far as checking if the charge of freon is correct in the unit, there is a very easy way to see if it is correct. after both inside and outside coils are clean, you can look at the compressor where the larger of the two copper lines come into it and if there is "sweat" on the larger of the lines and a ring of "sweat" on the compressor itself approx 2 inches in diameter, then the freon charge is perfect.
Let me Know. Mike

coles
07-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Hello Everyone,
I tried to post pictures on the photo page. Let me know if you can see them or not. If they turned out okay I will get a better picture of me so you can all have a laugh.

Sherry
07-24-2005, 10:55 PM

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. It's been sooooo HOT :hot: here!!! It's been around 100 degrees for 4 days now!

Janice:
I loved your photos! What cute "babies" (pets) you have! You have your hand full for sure! Are you the one in the teal (blueish) shirt holding either a trash bag or a pair of pants?

Carol:
What day this week is your ankle replacement? You will be in my thoughts and prayers. :angel: I wished I lived closer to you to wait on you hand & foot and spoil you rotton!!! Do you not have any sick days?

Gayle:
How is Liz? She's so lucky to have a great Mom as you are. How is your Mom? Is Allsion looking forward for school to start? You've had so much on you lately, I hope you can have a "Gayle" day soon! Are you still hot or cooling off now?

Shelley:
That was so sweet of Mike to help Gayle with her air unit! We all know who are friends are when it comes down to it...don't we? How's the new car? I'm sure you're excited about it. My FIRST payment was THIS month and I'm already counting down the months until my last payment! :lol:

Ramona:
How is Dan? I sure hope he's much better. How do you feel? I have been praying for a speedy recovery for you. Dayna (Chris' GF) is going to visit Chris this coming up weekend and I'm so jealous! I miss him sooooo much and we can't afford to go right now. It's been since March since we have seen him but seems so much longer! Then I start thinking about you with BOTH boys gone...I don't know how you do it.

Dee:
How was your God child's first b/day? Did you enjoy your time with your Niece? What did Dez fix for dinner? It sounded like you had a very busy weekend too. I only have 2 weeks left so I'm going to try to have fun and enjoy what's left of it. How hot it is there?

Vicki:
How are you feeling? I knew you had fell and bruised your hip & jaw and sprained your arm. I had asked about you in a post and asked if you were able to still keep the children. I have always heard that a sprain is worse then a brake a lot of the times. Take care sweetie and quit lurking! we miss you when you don't post!!! Love ya!

I sure wish Debbie, Doni & Cheryl(I hope I didn't leave anyone out) would post! I sure miss them all here!

Goodnight hugs to all......

ShelleyM
07-25-2005, 05:54 AM
Sherry-How often do you vacuum your car and empty the mats? I feel like everytime someone enters the car I should empty the mats! I hate for them to get too soiled.

Okay everyone, here is my sick thinking. I was able to put on a pair of my old Guess size 26 jeans, but I still look huge to myself. I had Patty try them on and she couldn't zip them! Then she gave me a couple pair of her jeans that she can't wear anymore. I still look in the mirror and see these big hips, thighs and legs. Today I am wearing a pair of the jeans she gave me (size 5's.) Of course, they are stretch and very low! I don't know how to look at myself and see me thin. I just don't and can't.

coles
07-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Shelley - waist 26? Size 5, you are skinny girl. From your pictures you look fantastic, maybe you need new mirrors!! You are beautiful. You can't change your bones, and women are supposed to have hips. I wish I had a butt and not a pancake. - genetics!
YOU ARE TINY AND BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Sherry - That is my daughter holding the garbage bag. She was going to see her dad for Father's Day which is a two hour drive. Brian her boyfriend wasn't going to see his Dad on Father's Day because they had to see Amanda's Dad. Doug - my husband and Amanda's stepdad wasn't going to see Amanda that day. Amanda was totally torn on what to do. I had a BBQ and everyone came. Amanda's Dad, StepDad, Brians Parents and Grandparents. It was a great time and made Amanda happy for all the Dad's to be in one place. Kind of weird I guess but it works.
I have trouble with my pictures getting them small enough to post. I will get Amanda to take a picture of me so you can see my face and chubby cheeks.
I have been on a Low Carb diet for three weeks and lost 10 lbs. The Nutrition Manager in me knows this isn't a healthy diet. The skinny person in me that is trying to get out, says its working. I had prime rib, ceasar salad, green beans a bag of pork rinds, a low carb chocolate covered ice-cream and that was just supper and snack.
Vicky - You are having such a hard time, I hope you are feeling better, you poor girl.
Carol- I never heard of an ankle replacement. It sounds painful, but you will feel so much better after.
Gayle - How is Liz doing, hope she is starting to feel better.
You are all in my prayers, so many of you are having a hard time right now.
Love you all,

Carol101
07-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Good morning all.

I don't have much time as I have to leave for work, but I wanted to say good morning. My ankle replacement surgery is on Friday at 11:00. I am counting down the days. I know it is going to be painful and that I am looking at a lengthy recovery, but if all goes well, it should make the world of difference when the healing progess and all the physical therapy is done. I will tell you more about the details later when I have more time.

Everyone have a great day and I will post more later.

Hugs to all
Carol

gdeann
07-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Shelley, thank Mike & give him a big hug for all the advice! It apparently was low on freon. They guy charged it and it is running perfectly!
Now, for a serious talk, I agree with everything Janice said but want to add my 2 cents worth or in my case, my nickles worth! I measured Allisons waist and she is 21.5", which means your waist is only 4.5" bigger then hers and she is on the thin side for her age/height plus she is 6 years old! We all know we all run certain health risk being overweight, the same risk plays into effect when a person is underweight or not at a healthy weight for their frame and age. I can't remember how tall you are and I know you are small framed, so I would guess you to be on the light end of your average body weight. Shelley, with all of your running, you have muscle which will weigh more then fat, there is no way on this earth you are fat. I'm concerned with your poor body image of yourself. I'm afraid one of these days you will keep losing and stress your heart to the point you will be running and will collapse with a fatal heart attack. I don't want to scare you, but I really can't think of anything else to say to you to get you to realize you are just fine at your weight. When you see a picture of yourself, do you cover the picture of the face and just look at the body? Maybe if you do so and imagine it to be someone else, even one of your daughters, you will realize you do not need to lose anymore weight. I love you Shelley and I value our friendship....it's just starting and I want many more years of it to share with you.

Carol, I will be saying an extra prayer on Friday for you. How long will you be in the hospital? Please just do as the doctor orders and not do too much too soon!

Janice, you deserve a round of applause! You are a mighty big person to step up and have the X with you for the holiday to make your daughter feel better. I'm sure she appreciated it more then she can ever tell you. You are indeed a special person. How is the weight loss challenge going? I finally lost another pound, but I'm still lagging behind you.

ShelleyM
07-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Gayle and Janice-Believe me, I'm not skinny by any stretch of the imagination! But thank you both for your concern.

Gayle-I'm so glad that your air is back to cooling. I hope Liz is feeling better today.

Sherry-I'm so glad that you spent some time at Debbie's. I wish she would come and post. Please tell her I miss her posts.

Carol-Keep us updated on your ankle surgery.

Janice-Sherry might be able to help you post pictures. She has a great knack at being able to do lots of computer stuff.

Sherry
07-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Janice....I'll PM you my email address if you want to forward me pictures to post.

OMG!!!!!!! Guess who just posted on the exercise thread????????? IT'S DEBBIE!!!!!!!!!! WTG GIRL!!!!!!!:cp: :cp: :cp:

coles
07-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Sherry - That would be great. I'm new to this camera thing.

LegallyBrunette
07-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Hello :) I'm not sure if I'm in the right place, but I always see your posts when I search new posts so I thought I'd check them out!

What is the McSkinny Loozing Floozies group all about?

I'd love a great support group on my journey to get healthy!

~Jacque~

Carol101
07-26-2005, 07:26 AM
Welcome Jacque... You will find this group of ladies very supportive, caring and just plain great people. Welcome to you.

Gayle: I am so glad your air conditioning is working properly. This heat is awful! How is Liz doing? Down another lbs... keep up the great job!!

Janice: WTG on your weight loss. You seem to definately be on the right track. Keep it up girl!

Shelley: I can't believe for a minute that you are fat... I put my 2 cents worth in with Gayle and Janice. I love you girl and want you to take care of yourself. You sound just about perfect to me!!

Sherry: How are your feet and legs doing? Are you taking care of yourself!!

Debbie: Welcome back. I miss you so!

Thank you all for your well wishes for my ankle surgery. It is going to be a 3 hour surgery so I started getting anxious about it yesterday morning. Well the doctor called me yesterday and they have rescheduled. It is now going to be tomorrow. Not much time to get nervous about it now!! They have to reconstruct my ligaments and tendons besides placing a new ankle joint in. That is why my surgery is going to take longer than the normal amount of time. The Doctor decided he had more time on Wed. then he did on Fri. My only problem is that we are remodeling the milking facility on the farm right now and it going to be harder for my hubby to take me on Wed then it would have been on Fri. 2 of my kids have offered to take me so I have a back up in case hubby can't, but I sure would like to have him there!!

Gayle: to answer your question, I will be in the hospital overnight, but it is still considered outpatient as long as they keep me less than 24 hours. Thanks for your prayers. I have been praying for Liz's recovery as well!!

Well I better run for now.
Love and hugs to you all.

Have a wonderful day!!
Carol

DebbieA
07-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Take Care Carol :)

I will be thinking and praying for you to have a speedy recovery. Post as soon as you are able to so we will know how you are.
Love ya..deb

gdeann
07-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Carol, Liz's surgery was setup as outpatient too if she stayed under 24 hours. Tell them you are nervous and after admitting, they can give you a little something to help relax you before the surgery. I am saying prayers for you dear friend. Please let us know something as soon as you can, although we understand it may be several days before you can be back on the board with us. I hope hubby can get away to be with you!!!

Liz's surgery went well, we were back home that same day. She had a fairly good day following surgery but since then she is really hurting. Basically she sleeps, moves around a little, sleeps, sips ice water, takes meds, sleeps..... She is to the point now she is so hungry but everything hurts to try to eat. I even purchased canned potato soup and blended it up to smooth it down, but she said it still hurts to chew & swallow. Since the surgery she is living on ice pops, ice cream shakes, pudding cups, baby food desserts, thin potato soup and thin malt-o-meal. The opening in her throat looks better today, it was the size of a dime or smaller. She is having earaches which is called tranfered pain...it isn't even her ears hurting, it's the throat but she is feeling it in the ears. All I know is, after seeing this...I will never, ever have my tonsils removed. But of course, you guys know what a wuss I am too!!! :-) It is more serious though for an adult, I didn't realize it could be. She can't exercise for 2 weeks or go anywhere other then to stay locally in case of bleeding.

Deb????? Do we know a Deb?????? The name sounds kind of familiar??? Have we met before???????? LOL!

gdeann
07-26-2005, 01:33 PM
WELCOME LEGALLY BRUNETTE!!!! Feel free to join us! We are a WONDERFUL group of ladies with the common goal of losing weight and getting healthy! We have ww's, low carbers and calorie counters here so any eating plan will fit right in. We also have an exercise/walking thread, so feel free to post there too! Tell us more about you!

I am 42 years old, two daughters, ages 20 and 6, married to a fantastic man going on 10 years. I have tried EVERY diet on the face of this earth and have came to realize, calorie counting works best for me.

Deelite
07-26-2005, 03:26 PM
Gayle I when I read your post I said out loud "Oh No!" I thought that Gayle and I were the same age. After thinking about the year I was born I realized I am 42. I just told someone on the weekend that I was 43. lol

Legally Brunette welcome to our cozy little group of friends. We are a close group. Many opf us have been friends for a few years already.

Debbie I am glad that you are back posting with us.

I have to go, a call is coming in.

gdeann
07-26-2005, 03:44 PM
My goodness Dee, don't make us any older then we are!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

ShelleyM
07-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Dee and Gayle-You are both such youngsters! Ahhhh--to be 42 again!!

Welcome Jacque to our crazy, wonderful and beautiful bunch. We also have a bio thread that you may want to post on.

Carol-Please take care and have someone post to let us know how the surgery went if you are too loopy to post. We all want to know what happens. I am praying for you.

Debbie-I'm so proud of you for posting on the exercise board. You are off to a wonderful start!

Would you believe the teachers return tomorrow? Ugh!! It's going to be a madhouse. Where did the nice quiet summer go?

gdeann
07-27-2005, 09:06 AM
Good luck with the surgery today Carol. I will be saying extra prayers for you.

Sherry
07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Good Luck Carol!!! You're in my thoughts & prayers! Take care & post when you can and let us know how you are. I hope your hubby was able to take you. I love you! :angel:

Welcome Jacque!!!!! :wave: You'll love it here! We have the most wonderful ladies you'll ever meet here. Years ago we came up with the name "Floozies" and really don't remember how or why! :lol: Make yourself at home. We would love to have you! :)

Deelite
07-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Carol my prayers are with you today. I wish you well.

Gayle how is Liz doing? Is she feeling a bit better today?

Shelley which university is Becky going to? I am sure it was a hard choice. How did it go with the teachers back? I am sure your day was busier than usual.

Sherry I have another secret. I will reveal tomorrow or the next day. This is just to public until the deed is done. I am glad that you went over to swim with Debbie. Someone has to keep her in line.

I really have to get going, dinner needs to get started. Have a great evening.

Sherry
07-27-2005, 10:17 PM
I posted a picture of Janice in the photo page. I couldn't bring your Daughter up. It said pic too big.

Dee...What's the secret!!!??????? :listen:

gdeann
07-28-2005, 12:55 AM
I have a secret too...you guys will never guess!!! Dee, are you preggers????? LOL!!!

ShelleyM
07-28-2005, 04:42 AM
Okay, what's all the secrets??? Spill it now, both of you!!

coles
07-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Dee- Not again. You are killing us here. I'm glad it's only suspense for a couple of days. I guess I can wait that long. I'm going to the zoo today with my daughter. All that walking should be good for me.
Carol - How are you doing? My heart goes out to you.

Deelite
07-28-2005, 12:13 PM
I have a couple of minutes before I leave for swimming. The word is out so I can tell my secret. A couple of months ago Larry was approached by two different companies to work for them. He was highly recommended. He declined. Well less than a month ago one of his x-coworkers called him out for dinner. They ambushed him. This guy started to work for one of the companies that wanted him. They said that they were going to get him on their team. Well after finding out what might make Larry work for them they made him an offer. It is an awesome offer. Hard to turn down. He signed the contract yesterday. This morning he handed in his resignation to the company that he has worked 18 years for. Shock was their response. They really need him he is valuable to them. At this moment they are working on an offer for him. Larry told him how much more he was going to get paid, so now it is in their hands. Last night when we went to bed we thought that he would be walked out the door this morning. Who knows what is going to happen? Good for us because he is the most wanted person, with the ransom being paid to us!

gdeann
07-28-2005, 01:08 PM
I am so happy for the two of you!!!! This is such a great opportunity for Larry and it must feed his ego a bit to have an offer and counter offer on the table. Wishing the two of you the very best!

Well, my secret really doesn't compare in size to Dee & Larry's secret but it is along the same path. Steve works part time at a very well established, high traffic liquor store a few evenings a week when he is in town ~ He is the assistant manager. His employer wants to get together with me and discuss my coming to work for the business. It will be days while Ali is at school. I think it would be fun & exhausting at the same time, plus I would get my exercise stocking and hauling liquor and beer cases. My concerns: *doing anything at all that would effect Steves job* a few of the co-workers are known to be back-stabbers and they don't care for Steve. This would be the same two ladies I would be working for on my shift, they are management* it's been almost 10 years since I've worked out in the public, I'm a nervous wreck thinking about running a register etc. * this is a very high traffic store with mass confusion most of the time, I'm afraid I will be too slow and dense to stay at the pace I need to. * Communication seems to be lacking due to the confusion & pace of the store * I am a friend to the owner of the business, not like we hang out together, but it is probably "friendlier" then what should be for an employer/employee relationship. Please give me your input please, am I thinking logically or is it just fear of being out in the workforce again???? We will probably try to get together with the owner either today or tomorrow to discuss details, schedules etc. I am going to be very up-front with her over all of my concerns so she will know were I'm coming from.

I am sitting here waiting for our well man to show up. During the night we ended up having no water. We have our own well and we are thinking it could be the pump. Last week the A/C, this week no water...life sucks sometimes! LOL!
We were to go out tonight with Steve's boss for dinner and discussion, now we need to see if we have water running again by that time.

I hope all of you are doing fine! Janice, I like the new pic on the picture thread!!!

gdeann
07-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Can I get a loan??????

The well guy was just out....long story short, it will run $2000.00-$2500.00 to get us going with water again. Life sucks....

I was taking my mom to town today, another long story short, her power steering pump went out and a belt came loose. It will go in the shop tomorrow.
Did I tell you guys life sucks...

ShelleyM
07-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Gayle-I say go for it! I think you will do a wonderful job. You will catch on quickly and everyone will love you. As for the well, what's wrong with it? Why is it going to run you $2000.00? We have never had to have work done on ours. I hate to say it, but Mike does all the work on that too. The only thing that we ever had to have done professionally was a deeper septic tank, which ran $3000.00. I hope that's not your problem.

Dee-Good luck! You and Larry must be on cloud nine. I'm so happy for you both.

coles
07-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Dee: What wonderful news. I am very happy for you two!!!
Gayle - You will be wonderful in that job. It doesn't matter where you work there will be people who will backstab and do nasty behind the scenes things. IGNORE THEM!
You do what is best for you and be happy. YOU GO GIRL! It will be great for you.

gdeann
07-29-2005, 11:32 AM
We had our septic done about 7 years ago, it ran close to $5000.00 with a new lateral and tank. Our well house pump went out, after looking, the casing is starting to rust and our water level is at 65 with a drop of 60. So, even if we replace the pump/casing, they would need to come back out in about 5 years to drill deeper and then we would just do it all over again. So they are coming today, drilling to 120 feet and replacing the pump etc. We purchased a new bladder in 1998, so hopefully we can get some more years out of it. Now for an update, the well has a well house that sits on top of it to enclose it, so there is a door, just like a little house. When someone needs to check the well, one can open the door and then take the ladder down to the well. Steve needed to cut a hole in the roof for the guys, most of the wood is rotting away so we are now building a new house for the top. Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching!!! That is the sound of the cash registers at the lumber yard!!! Haven't even priced supplies yet... :-(
BTW: Cut into the 220 electric line too, so now we need an electrician!!!

Deelite
07-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Aww, Gayle I am sorry to hear that so much has gone wrong. When it rains it pours. The positive way to look at things is the problems you have are financial not health of a love one. I guess you can be thankful for that. Go for the job Gayle not only will it help you financially it will boust your moral. I know that you would do a great job. You are wonderful with people. If you think that you would enjoy it, do it! Great hours too. How is Liz feeling?

Shelley you didn't say what university you guys decided on. Or have you?

Thank you everyone, Larry did very well. His company made him an offer he could not turn down. He is happy about being loyal to his company. A little compition never hurts anyone. Now that he accepted his company offer we are looking for a new car. Yesterday we went out and test drove two convertibles. It was fun to feel the wind blow through my hair. Now seriously in our climate we would only beable to use the car four months out of the year. I think that we will have to settle on a sunroof.

I can't remember do you guys have a long weekend this weekend? We do. Yippee! I hope that you all have a good weekend.

ShelleyM
07-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Dee-Why do you have a long weekend? What holiday is it in Canada? Good luck on a new car. It's such a great feeling to get one!

Gayle-Mike just told me about the wells up north. Down here, the pump just sits on the ground. He has replaced some stuff on it several times.

Carol-How is the ankle? We need to hear from you!

Sherry-I about crapped in my pants when I got the email you sent about the office. That one is a riot. I wish I could send it to my office, but of course we can't put something like that on the school's email.

Sherry
07-29-2005, 07:14 PM

Dee....Tell Larry I said CONGRATS!!!!!!! If he would have known a long time ago that he would have gotton a big raise by saying that someone else wanted him, he could have!!!! WTG! Good luck finding a new car! Looks like everyone is getting one here lately! :D What holiday do you have this weekend? Whatever it is...Have fun!!

Gayle....I say..."Go for it!" Take the job! Just because you're friend with him/her doesn't mean that you can't do a good job at doing your job! Let me know what you decide. Will this put a damper on helping your Mom out? You have to think of that too. Good luck! I'm so sorry that you're having to shell out so much money for repairs. Story of my life! Wouldn't it be cheaper to move??!!!! (just kidding!) I need your new email again. I can't find it!!! :?:

Shelley....I agree. That joke was too funny!! If only we could really use post-it's like that! :lol: Are you still enjoying your new car? I only have a week left (next week) then it's back to work for me. I hate to whine about it because you sure did get less time then me!

Carol.....How are you sweetie? Please post soon and let us know you're ok! I'm thinking of you! :angel:

Ramona....Are you feeling better girlie? I sure miss you! :grouphug:

Vicki.....How are you? Is your hip better? Please post soon!!!!!

To everyone else: I hope you're ok! Post when you can!

Have a great weekend!! Will check in later! :wave:

ShelleyM
07-30-2005, 05:12 AM
Work was a ***** yesterday. People get hired and fired before school even starts. Teachers had meetings all day, then when let out it is a frenzy! They all come up wanting to get orders done from me, class lists from the other lady, and everyone calls the building super at once. I feel so sorry for her because she is down a couple of custodians right now.

I'm heading out early for a run because I have to take my mom to a hair appointment today. My bro from NY will be staying at her house tonight, so we are going over there to visit.

gdeann
07-30-2005, 10:11 AM
Shelley, Liz wanted to say thank you for the card. It was a nice surprise to find in the mailbox. You are a dear!

Sherry
07-30-2005, 11:57 AM
STOP!!!

Please Go To #44...........A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!!!!! :cool: