Dowsx4
Howie
Funniegrrl
Jillegal
Mthrgoos68
ImnotSanta
LesnarsTXF5Diva
Rtael

I think in honor of everyone on this list, it would be nice if they posted before & after pics, their story, and a sample eating plan of before & after, and then OF COURSE their exercise regimen along their journey.

I would also like to suggest that the above named people be the only ones allowed to post to this thread. Accolades, congratulations, encouragement, love, marriage proposals , etc could be PM'd to them, in order to keep the thread ALL. ABOUT. OUR ALL-STARS. I, for one, think they deserve such an honor. Also, an added incentive for some of us to get to goal.

Or maybe this could even be a sub-forum? Those Who Did It & HOW They Did It?

Also, how the heck is Mothergoose? She loses 100#, moves to Cali & forgets all about us?

So, some feedback, please, which Sandi can cheerfully erase once we've talked about it, to make room for everyone's stories of this incredible journey.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 04-25-2005 at 02:21 PM. Reason: lose/loose
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:00 PM   #2  

Default Santa

Well, first I determined that I have always suffered from Depression. A quick trip to the Doctor and a script for Effexor and I was feeling better about everything. Then I realized I also have always had ADD, this time a quick trip to a Shrink confimed that, and a perscription to Straterra. Finally was able to focus. Then I decided that at 307 pounds and 47 years old I was getting to a point where my mortality was going to suffer and more importantly, my wife has some medical problems that are going to cause her to count on me more and more. Having reached a point where I needed a break after one flight of stairs, I realized I would be no help to her. So I looked into Bypass surgery and decided that though I really don't want to go that way, if I didn't have my weight under control by 50, I would have the surgery. Now, the part you've been waiting for, a doctor recommended the South Beach Diet, I read the book and followed the instructions for 7 months and lost 100 pounds. I added walking and some weight lifting, but mostly I think it was the diet combined with being in control of my emotions and able to focus that allowed me to do it. I have a weekly journal (47 entries as of today) that goes into great depth about what I did (like anyone needs more than this:-)). Now I just need to get back on track. Take care, gotta run...
ImNotSanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I think this a great idea, so I have split it and made it a new thread. I will leave it stuck IF we get enough response to it.

I would like to make one modification - I think that the Onderland all stars should be invited to post as well.

So anyone on the Onderland all stars lists OR the 100 lb losers list, PLEASE share your story and secrets!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote