Support Groups - Week at a Time Challenge #4

View Full Version : Week at a Time Challenge #4

mscat816
07-18-2005, 11:02 AM
The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s) and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

deleted
07-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Good morning, ladies! I am so proud of all of you for doing so well! :grouphug: Mscat, thank you for this thread ... you are a dear, and are doing us a great favor by keeping it going! :balloons: to you! I did work out in the pool yesterday afternoon .... YAY! CLEAN WATER ALL AFTERNOON! :D

My goals this week: Exercise in some fashion every day, and keep the calories at 1400 or less. That calorie thing is almost impossible for me, but I MUST DO IT if I'm going to start making progress again!!! Today I'm at 194, but will not change the Tracker yet in hopes of dropping a bit more tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day, all! :dance:

haleys
07-18-2005, 11:51 AM
CONGRATS!!!! to everyone who is working on their goals!

Sorry I kind of dropped off last week, wasn't doing much exercise, just trying to eat healthy. I did get in two days of VERY long bike rides (the second day I forgot to eat before I went and almost passed out, I need to remember to have food in me before I work out).

I am down 2 pounds this week, and am very excited to be only 10 pounds away from onederland! I'm going to stay on task this week, because I would like to lose another 15 pounds by the end of summer.

My challenge for this week is to do a cardio workout for an hour, 5 days a week. I am also challenging myself to keep up with my 8 glasses of water a day, because I am forgetting to do this on the weekends.

Good luck to everyone this week! :D

mscat816
07-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Good Monday Ladies - your winners from last week and motivators for this week are . . .

carla :cp: You are a shining example of hanging in there in the face of challenges!
princess :cp: :cp: So happy to see you on the board again this week!
Squiggly :cp: :cp: :goodluck: to you on your goals for this week - 60 oz water, 20 minutes of exercise, and no pop!
Sushi :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: - You did great!
Bonniebelle - :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: Your goals for this week are great - Go Bonnie! :cheer:
Bev :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :bravo: We are pulling for you to meet your goals for the coming week: 30 min/day walk, track water, eat before 8:30 a.m.

and me :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: - I couldn't have done this without all of you! My goals - exercise each day (20 min.) and drink 72 oz water

Have a great day!

mscat-
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

squiggly
07-18-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm going to do it this week. I did it all on SUnday and I will do it all today.

carla49
07-18-2005, 03:35 PM
New (more realistic) goals for this week: drink my 8 cups of water per day, and walk at least 10,000 steps. (Of course I forgot to put on my pedometer today, so I'll have to guess...)

I didn't eat the pasties at coffee break, a triumph for me. And I've done about half my steps. There is a little gym in the hotel. We'll see.

Cat - thanks for the encouragement.

Carla in Cowtown :moo:

squiggly
07-18-2005, 04:05 PM
I met all of my goals for the day. I guess technically the jury is still out on the pop considering the day isn't over but I'm confident that I will succeed there as well. I got my exercise in and will surpass my water goal. I'm also within my limits on calories which will be in my goals for next week. I wasn't ready to make it a daily goal but it was a bonus.
COngrats to all that are doing a good job.

Sushi Penguin
07-18-2005, 05:59 PM
Hello Everybody, Happy Monday! :) :cb:

Congratulations upon your successes and efforts during the past week and good luck for the upcoming 7 days of new (or continued) challenges. :)

mscat816, I haven't done it yet, so let me take a line or two (or more :lol: ) to say how much I appreciate the fact that you started this thread. It's great to share our challenges and goals in a smaller group setting and getting individual feedback, and I also feel that everyone who participates actually cares about the other's success (which sometimes lacks in large groups, even though support at 3FC is awesome). And it's much easier to challenge oneself when there is a group of people doing a similar thing at the same time and supporting you! :) Thank you again!

As I posted in last week's thread, my challenge for this morning was to get up and go to the 7 am Step class. I did get up, but I didn't make it to the gym because I was feeling very light-headed and nauseous... it settled down after I laid back down, and I went to work and have been fine all day. I'm disappointed about not attending the class, but at the same time I feel sort of proud of myself because I'm doing a double shift at work today, despite being low on sleep.

Anyway, here are my challenges for the upcoming week:
- I want to extend my water challenge and drink at least 2 litres of water everyday
- I'm going to train my willpower and healthy eating habits by having just a tiny small piece of chocolate everyday (and not a bite more than that!); this is going to be a challenge because I picked one of my favourite chocolates to do it with, which I haven't had in a while. I usually eat all of it in one sitting, so having just a small piece is going to be challenging! (in childhood, I was encouraged to do so in my nutritionally disturbed parental home - although it was only once every few months)
- work on improving my sleep schedule, so that I can start going to the gym early in the morning again and be able to function the rest of the day

deleted
07-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Squiggly, you are doing great, and I think you will win out over the Pop!:p

Haleys, that is great that you are two pounds down! Congrats! :flow2:

Sushi, sorry you weren't feeling well today. Hope the rest of your week will be as you've planned! :)

Carla, way to go in that pastry battle!!! :devil: That kind of situation is SO HARD for me so I sympathize with you!

Mscat, way to go with your exercise and water. When you see that you've DONE IT for several days, what a good feeling! :flow1:

:dance: I'VE JUST DONE A BIGGIE!!! The darn pool was pooped in again today so I could not go exercise ..... (DON'T GET ME STARTED! :mad: :mad: :mad: ) So an hour ago, despite the fact that it was 83 degrees with foggy humidity, I went out and walked two miles in the neighborhood, determined to get in that exercise today by hook or by crook!!! AND it's 9:00 PM, and I've only had 1320 calories. I can still have my miniature ice cream sandwich and coffee, and come in at 1400! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Wish me strength .... I'll just go to bed if I'm tempted to go over it!!!

Let's keep going, ladies! :cheer: We're all doing SWELL, aren't we!!!:smug:

mscat816
07-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Well ladies - I haven't exercised yet :fr: I ate late and I am exhausted. Have good thoughts for me that I find the energy and will to get on that treadmill before bed!

Bonniebelle :cp: You are invincible! I wish there was something we can do to instill courtesy and responsibility from the toddler parents! We are doing great and you are leading the way!

squiggly :cp: Great idea having a "bonus" goal.
carla :cp: and a bonus for resisting those pastries! :cheer:

Sushi - you have every reason to be proud of yourself! You're welcome and thank you so much. Your goals are fantastic - let us know how you did with your water today.

mscat-

mscat816
07-18-2005, 11:09 PM
haleys - You are 2lbs down! :woo: :woo: We are celebrating with you!

mscat-

haleys
07-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Thank you everyone :)

Day 1 goal: accomplished!

Drank lots of water and 20 min of an aerobics class and around a 50 minute bike ride.

carla49
07-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Day one okay! Not only victory over the evil purveyors of pastry, I also drank my water as planned and walked at least 10,000 steps (more like 15,000, I think, but didn't wear the pedometer for my first lengthy shopping outing.)

Bravo Bonnie, Haleys, Mscat, Sushi and Squiggly. You are so good.

Carla

mscat816
07-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Oh my ladies - I finished my 35 minute tread workout at 12:15 a.m. and my last bottle of water too! :faint: I am counting it as day 1, darn it! I hope I can get on in the morning so I won't be doing this again at the stroke of midnight.

Nighty night!

squiggly
07-19-2005, 01:14 AM
2 days no pop. Yeah, but now I'm suffering from a huge headache. I'm going to bed.

Bev in WI
07-19-2005, 06:46 AM
Monday report - Walked 35 minutes in the morning and 35 minutes again in the evening. Managed to eat a peach and a piece of toast with "phony" butter at 6:45. I just am not hungry before 10:00 ... but I'm going to do this! Worked from 8 until 2 and usually don't drink water at work as we are on phones and it's hard to drink much without extra breaks -- but I did drink 48 oz total for the day. Knew I was a bit low on my working days, so that's why I decided I'd better track it.

Bonniebelle - Good for you on the calorie counting!!! One day at a time is what I keep telling myself.

Haleys - 2# down --- YEAH!!!! Onederland is just around the corner. I'm sure all your bike-time is helping and hang in there with me on the water tracking -- we can do this!!!

Sushi - The "one bite of chocolate" is a good idea. I could never do it. Chocolate and refined sugar seem to be my triggers so I just avoid as much as possible. Maybe in a few weeks when I'm stronger.

Squiggly -- You can do the no pop thing ... I know you can ... I quit Classic Coke cold-turkey and it ##$#@ near killed me. But I did it and am so glad I did. I know I could have a glass within my points, but basically it's just empty calories and so much better if you avoid it. Maybe try a small glass after you've earned it with some extra exercise or something ... just use it as a treat if you have to. I drank Crystal Lite for a while but pretty much stick to plain water now. Maybe I'll mix up some CL today and drink a glass or two of that to up the water consumption.

And Cat - I am so glad you did your treadmill last night!!!! I know you'd be kickin' yourself black & blue this morning if you had not.

You are all a special group of ladies and I am so glad I found you. If I'm honest with myself I know I get out for my walk in the morning just so that I can tell you all I did it. Childish I know, but it works!!! And I know on the day that I don't make it, you'll all "kick" me out the door the next morning ..... right?

Everyone work on making this a good Tuesday ... Bev

deleted
07-19-2005, 08:08 AM
Good morning, ladies! :coffee2: How are you all today?

If you will notice, my Tracker is back to 193 lbs.! :D YIPPEE............. :flow2: I DID get to bed with 1400 calories yesterday, and did walk so I made my goal! If I could do it yesterday, I can do it today! I DO hope I can get in my pool this evening! :dizzy: (I'm going to be in the director's office today .... you don't want to know what all I'm going to say *nicely*!!!:mad: )

Bev, good job exercising morning and evening! :) Burn, calories, burn!!! It's good that you're managing a little breakfast. One of these days you will wake up and be hungry! I am proud of you...

Mscat, that is real dedication, exercising IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, for goodness sakes! :o You are inspiring, I'll tell you. If you can exercise then, I can sure exercise "during normal hours!" :D Thanks for leading the pack, lady! :flow1:

Have a wonderful day, all! I am pulling for you ... :)

Sushi Penguin
07-19-2005, 04:28 PM
We got pushed all the way down to page 2 of the subforum, so I'm rushing to post and bring us back up. :)

I drank a bit more than 2 litres yesterday, and today I'll probably end up at close to 2 litres (I'm finishing my 4th bottle as I type, and there is still ice skating left in the evening).
Day 1 of chocolate experiment went well, and I'm actually not craving it at all. Which is a great thing, because the past few months I just couldn't stop eating chocolate! But I can be like that - I once went without any kind of sweets/treats for the whole summer as a promise to myself and gave up various favourite times at various times in my life. It's been a while since my last challenge of this type, so it's cool to find out I can still do it. Now, to not eat cherries (or eat little cherries) at this time would be next to impossible :lol: and I'd probably feel unhappy about it, cherry season is so brief!

Congratulations to everyone and remember you're not alone! :)

squiggly
07-19-2005, 04:58 PM
I didn't meet my exercise goal today. I did ten minutes though. I am not feeling well. I am meeting my water goal. I have also met my pop goal. Three days without pop. I can't believe it. I'm going to weigh in on Friday morning. I can't wait this week. I normally dread it.

haleys
07-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Day 2 Challenge: Accomplished

1 hour and 10 minutes bicycling and a bee stung my finger! And way more than 8 cups of water!

deleted
07-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Okay, guys ... second day of eating 1400 calories AND I exercised at the outdoor pool this evening. I can't believe I've actually done the calorie thing two days in a row ... IF I JUMP IN BED FAST, AND DON'T EAT ANOTHER THING!!! :-)

Have a good night, all!

carla49
07-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Bonnie - how did the meeting with the poop director go?

Haleys, first the Mexico fiasco, now a bee sting. And you're still on goal!

Shelley, is it possible you're suffering from caffeine withdrawal?

Sushi, I'm also a big cherry enthusiast, and have no intention of slowing down until the season's over.

Bev, even if you only eat a little breakfast, it's a good start. Have you considered breakfast smoothies? Easy and tasty.

And Mscat, I second the thanks for starting the thread. You're very sweet and conscientious.

Well, I've put this off long enuf: I did meet my goals, I think. I forgot to count the water but had at least 8 cups; I'm pretty sure I walked at least 10,000 steps, but for some reason my pedometer didn't count all my Walk and Kick steps. Maybe because I had it hooked to my exercise bra?

Today I again side-stepped the coffee break pastries, but simply did not have the strength to pass up the Haagen Dasz (sp?) choc almond ice cream bar... (Any other time I would have skulked around until I scored at least two, if not three...) And although wine and chocolate are not this week's goals, I have been doing great with my no wine "bonus" goal!

Three more days until I get home. I've had enough hotel life for a while!

Good night, sleep well, until tomorrow.
C

mscat816
07-20-2005, 12:07 AM
We are the most amazing group of women in 3FC history!
haleys :cp: for Monday!

Our Tuesday Leaders
carla :cp: and an extra :cheer: for doing it on vacation! And thank you for your kindness.
Bonniebelle :cp: we can believe it - you are totally awesome! and 3 :cheers: for your weight loss!
haleys :cp: ouch! I hope you are ok!
squiggly :cp: 10 minutes despite not feeling well - you are unstoppable - and no pop to boot!
Sushi :cp: thanks for pushing us up!
Bev - your well wishes and support helped us all! :thanks: And no kicking if you don't make your goal - just helping hands to lift you up to the next task. ;)

And I went to a backyard barbeque for our June Toastmaster's meeting tonight - I think I blew my "bonus" goal (WW points) but I came home, got my 30 minute workout in and just finished my 4th 24 oz bottle of water! :cp:
Sweet Dreams
mscat-

deleted
07-20-2005, 08:26 AM
:dance: Please look at my Tracker, ladies! One more pound down ... :o :dizzy: :D :dance:

I haven't seen 192# since June 5th .... and was beginning to wonder??????:dizzy: But there it is ... and your support is really helping! :grouphug: to you all, Mscat, Bev, Squiggly, Haleys, Carla, Sushi!!! Hope you are all doing well today, and I so appreciate you.

I am rushing to get ready for a hospital visit with someone, so I must run, but I'll be pulling for you all today! :cheer:

I need to get my walk in before I shower, so see you later, 'gators!:)

Bev in WI
07-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Tuesday report - Walked 40 minutes. Drank 72 oz of water and 12 oz of Crystal Light. And ate my breakfast at 7:15 - oatmeal, 2% milk, honey and blueberries.

Bonnie - I DID look at your tracker and its "beaut-ee-ful" -- way to go! See, just one day at a time, one week at a time really works. I'll bet you're just jumping up & down doin' the happy dance!

Carla - I can't believe your doing as well as you are while on vacation. It's even hard to keep track when you're away from home. But you are so aware of your choices and that's the whole life-style change idea.

And Squiggly - I hope you feel better today. Good job on the partial goal with your exercise. As MsCat says, better to attain part of your goal than to do nothing at all. And I'm impressed with your no pop.

Sushi - I'm with you ... no way am I giving up my cherries. I just love them and the season is way too brief for me!

Everyone have a great Wednesday -- catch you all tomorrow ... Bev

mscat816
07-20-2005, 10:15 AM
I am having so much fun with this thread - I have never been so inspired! After being exhausted last night, I decided to push myself this a.m. and get off that late night workout schedule. I did not have the time to do a full 30 minutes - only did 20 - but I am resolved to get the other 10 in before the day is out! And I have just finished my first 24 oz bottle for the day :cb:

Bonnie - I am almost jealous of you! I haven't seen 192 since June 5th, 1998! I can't wait to break the 200's. :bravo:
Sushi - I never got back to you about the bathroom woes. I really have a problem with frequent and urgent bladder - if I drink my water as I should, I am running often and because I have an urgent bladder I don't get a lot of warning. I visit several Detroit public schools throughout the academic year so I just don't get my water in until I return to the office! I haven't been drinking my water consistently until the last two weeks, so I am anxious to see when my bladder will adjust. Until then, I wear pads and try to go as soon as I have the slightest urge. This is my second week pushing my water intake and I believe it is getting a little better.

Have a great day Bonnie, Bev, carla, haleys, and squiggly. Yvette and princess -. we miss you!

Sushi Penguin
07-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Amazing to hear that everyone is doing so great! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I don't have much time for the internet these days, so please forgive me that I'm not congratulating everyone individually... :o

Very glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't and won't pass on the cherries! :lol:

I just noticed I made a typo yesterday - my water intake was close to 3 litres :) Keep me in your thoughts today though, I only started drinking my water at 4:30 pm, and I only have one bottle (out of 4) down...

I was doing fine with my sleep schedule until I decided to sleep in today... :( ...the management told us somebody would be coming to see our apartment today around 1 pm, so I had to stay in (missing Pilates and Aquafit... :( ). The thought of having people looking around here when there is nobody in makes me extremely uncomfortable. Well, that person didn't show up, but the sup come at 10 am (when we were still sleeping!) to deal with some cracks.... had to make them wait outiside the door until we got dressed and made the bed... how embarassing... I felt so embarassed I jumped back in bed as soon as they left.
I'll close now and try to find a way to get some exercise before work...

haleys
07-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Day 3 Goal: Accomplished!

20 minutes on the elliptical, 40 minutes on the bike (couldn't bike outdoors because it was raining so I settled for the one at the gym). Strength training and ab work for the upper body. And water goal met!

Good job everyone on meeting your goals so far this week! Keep it up!

deleted
07-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Good evening ladies,

A quick note to say that I have reached my goals today ... walked this morning, am in the 1400 calorie range now, and ready for bed!!! Hope everyone has had a good day (and Mscat, you will be back in onderland before you know it!!!) Night, all ... :-)

carla49
07-20-2005, 10:06 PM
Goals met again! At least I think so. I keep forgetting to count my water, but have certainly had my eight cups. And I did about 5000 steps, but also did 32 min on the elliptical (first time!) and 13 min on the bike, plus some arm weights. I can't believe it, but I really enjoyed the workout, so I really will join the gym when I get home.

Another pleasant surprise: I weighed myself (midday, fully dressed) and was only one pound up, so I'll probably weigh in at my old weight without clothes! Not as good as losing, but it's what I was aiming for while on this business trip. Two more days to go, and I'll sleep in my own wee bed and cut down the amounts I eat and up the exercise again.

Time to go - I still have a ton of cherries to eat before bed...

I really want to be in onederland by Labour Day, and hope to see Mscat there too.

Carla

mscat816
07-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Missed on Tuesday -
Bev :cp:
Wednesday Leaders:
haleys :cp: Go girl!
Bonniebelle :cp: Thanks for the good thoughts!carla :cp: You are amazing and . . . You're on!Sushi :cp: I know you got your water in!
and me :cp: I haven't gotten my 10 minutes in yet - there is still time - but I had 96 oz plus of water! Sushi - I ran all day to the toilet but I said I had a "bladder in training" :)

See ya in the a.m.
mscat-

Bev in WI
07-21-2005, 08:17 AM
Wednesday - Walked 55 minutes and 60 oz of water. Breakfast at 8:15 -- 1/2 c yogurt, 1/2 blueberries, 1/2 c milk and honey.

Will be a challenge to get my water in today as I'm off to work and don't drink while I'm there -- so will try for at least 48 oz from 3 o'clock to bedtime.

Everyone have a great Thursday -- Bev

deleted
07-21-2005, 10:23 AM
I didn't quite meet my 1400 calories yesterday .... I had a very stressful, "family-crisis" type day but I did manage to hold it to about 1700. I was so hungry and worried that I actually got up and ate at 1:30 in the morning! :( :mad: Very annoyed with myself. I did do my walk, of course, AND ...

dropped another pound!!! :) So now I am down to 191 lbs!!! :dizzy: :p :D

I must run and get some errands done, and prepare to go away for a mountain trip for the next few days, but I am thinking of all of you .... mscat, bev, squiggly, carla, haleys, sushi .... and hoping you're pleased with how things are going for you. :grouphug: to you all. I will check back tomorrow morning or tonight late, and let you know how my day has gone!

haleys
07-21-2005, 11:34 AM
mscat, I think my bladder can hold more now that I've been drinking so much, I can usually get through 2, 18oz cups before I have to go. So, keep it up and hopefully we won't have to run to the bathroom every few minutes! But, it's worth it!!

Bev, Hope you got your water intake in for the day!

Bonnie, congrats on dropping a pound!! That is awesome! I can't wait till I'm 191. Enjoy your mountain trip. I'm sorry to hear about your family crisis, hoping everything is okay now. 1700 is not too bad, you definitely kept it under control. Good luck!

I realized I haven't been eating enough lately, this worries me, because I don't want to fall into an unhealthy eating pattern, I only had 740 calories yesterday which isn't near enough. But I just wasn't hungry! So, it's not like I'm trying not to eat, I just eat like yogurt for breakfast and something like eggs with cheese and (veggie) sausage for lunch and probably the same for dinner. I guess I need to incorporate some snacks in throughout the day even though I'm not hungry. My doctor told me it's okay if I stick between 1000-1200 calories. So, my goal for the rest of the week is to make sure I'm eating at least 1000 calories.

squiggly
07-21-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm sorry that I didn't report on Wednesday. We had a busy evening last night. I met my water goal and my exercise goal. Unfortunately, I had a small bit of pop for lunch. I'm not going to let it bring me down or put me on a backslide. I will get my water and no pop in today but I'm taking a break from the exercise.
I'm glad to hear that you all are doing so well.

carla49
07-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Bev, if you're going to drink that much between 3 and bedtime, make sure you have a clear path to the bathroom for the midnight visit!

Carla (I'll report later, having achieved nothing so far today.)

carla49
07-21-2005, 11:04 PM
And here's my later report! Drank lots of water, at least 8 cups. Also 35 min on the elliptical, which I think I may like. I can't wait to get home tomorrow! My own bed, my own stuff, and very soon, my own kitties.

Carla

mscat816
07-21-2005, 11:29 PM
Missed on Wednesday -
squiggly :cp: You'll be back on the pop wagon in no time!

Thursday Dream Makers-
Bonnie :woo: another pound down! Have a wonderful time in the mountains.
carla :cp: awesome effort! Have a safe trip home!
me :cp: drank 96 oz of water (bladder is starting to hold better) and taught a 90 minute belly dancing class :faint:

haleys - it's good that you are working to keep your calories up. Hang in there.

Have a good night ladies!

mscat-

deleted
07-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Girls, I am going to check out of this thread now until next Friday when I return from the mountains. I haven't met my goals today because of the family problems; they have been downright overwhelming. But you girls have helped me to get back to 191#, and I thank you. I'm going to maintain this weight the best I can on vacation, and will be back with you in a few days. I hope that all of you have a good and successful week ahead. Again, I thank you all for your support! You are the best, really .....

haleys
07-22-2005, 03:11 AM
Didn't work out today and I'm going out of town starting tomorrow, so I'll do my 4th day of the workout Sunday. Maybe I'll make it a longer workout because I'm only getting 4 days of exercise in this week instead of the 5 I had set to do.

At least I drank all my water and ate a little over 1300 calories, a little higher than I'd like, but better than 740.

Thanks for all the support!

Bev in WI
07-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Thursday - walked 35 minutes. Had breakfast at 6:45 - oatmeal, milk, honey and raisens. Didn't do very well on the water - only 48 oz. Am home early today so am doing a bit better. And yes haleys, I do need a good clear path to the bathroom about twice during the night. I definitely have a "bladder in training" as MsCat says. And I don't think it's getting any better. But this is the first summer that I have not had a problem with my legs and feet swelling and I'm sure it's the water ... so I'll gladly make the bathroom trips.

Carla - welcome home

Haleys & Bonnie - have safe trips

Off to drink some more water ... Bev

squiggly
07-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Yesterday, I had no pop but got my water in and kept my calories at 1200. They were a little low. TOday, I had a pop but I'm still getting my water in and I got 25 minutes in on my elliptical. I weighed in at 252 again. I lost my weight that I gained last week. I'm so proud of that. I am hoping to lose three pounds this coming week. I will post some new strict goals this week. I am going to lose this weight no matter what.

carla49
07-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Bev, I can't imagine exposing my jelly belly for dancing. You're a very brave woman.

Mscat, good luck witht he bladder. Personally I think it's never a good idea to overfill the bladder, but I think on that one I'm a voice crying in the wilderness.

Haleys, do try to eat enough. You need the nutrients, and you'll still lose weight.

Today is one of those days that shouldn't count. For lunch I had a wonderful (large) steak with a mountain of shoestring fries, an overdressed salad, and two glasses of lovely wine. Every bite was worth the calories, although half the fries would have been enough. The day ain't over, and I've got plenty of sinnin' to do before I sleep...

Tomorrow: back on track.

Carla

Bev in WI
07-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Carla -- not Bev doing the belly dancing!!! Girl, I haven't exposed this belly since before I had my daughter ... and she's 44 years old! I finally got brave enough to buy some sleevess shirts, and that was only to help keep my nice Hawaiian tan. I always have such a "farmer" tan in the summer and my tan is nice and even this year. MsCat teaches belly dancing classes. I do think it would be fun and guess I'd do it if it was a class of "regular" people and not just teeny-tiny skinny folks. Bet it is great exercise.

Might as well report for the day as long as I'm here -

Friday - walked 40 minutes, and ate breakfast at 7:00. Made some muesli last night (oatmeal, milk, orange juice, dried fruit, & honey with a little bit of cinnamon - refrigerated overnight). Only 12 pts for the batch and ate 1/4 of it and it was very good. And I'm drinking my 5th - 12 oz glass of water today so will have 60 oz for sure. That's about what I aim for everyday.

Well, we've made it to the week-end. Plan is for a nice long walk tomorrow morning - I love walking when I don't have to hurry to get ready for work.

Have a good evening -- Bev

Sushi Penguin
07-22-2005, 09:41 PM
have 2 post by clicking + copying each letter
goals met but no exercise

spilled water on keyboard
broke

back when buy new

mscat816
07-23-2005, 01:28 AM
Night ladies - I drank my water (I think - lost count) and I was exhausted from bellydance class on Thursday. DH and I went to movies and had a late dinner at the Outback. I was gonna blow off exercising but at midnight I couldn't stand facing you all and falling off target! :no: I am participating in the 21-day challenge and I am 2 days away from completing that - couldn't stand facing them either and not finishing. So thanks to all of you I jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes :woo:

Thursday cheers missed:
squiggly :cp: keep that water going.
haleys :cp: keep up the good work! Enjoy your time away.

Friday cheers to:
Bev :cp: You are so awesome - and you are right about the bellydancing - it is one of the most fun ways to workout and get in shape. Pick up a bellydance tape at your library and give it a try. Or sign up for a class in your area - all the classes I have taught and taken are full of "real women" including many of the instructors. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.
squiggly :cp: you are working it! and pounds down too! :woo:
carla - it's okay to have days like this occasionally - we need it for our sanity. Watching our weight should not be a constant punishment or self-denial. I know you enjoyed your steak as much as I enjoyed my coconut shrimp!

Sushi - I hope you get your :comp: fixed soon! You are a trooper for posting.

mscat-

carla49
07-23-2005, 01:50 AM
Sorry Bev, I don't know where the belly dancing came from. I must have been drunk. :lol:

I'm a little down tonite and have met no goals, so I think I'll just go to bed and start anew tomorrow. sorry to be so blue.

C

mscat816
07-23-2005, 05:58 PM
My dear friends - I have made it through Day 6! Had a 2-hour bellydance workout this morning - the instructor worked us over :faint: I feel tired but fantastic. I am starting on my last 24 oz bottle of water and I have stayed within my WW points for the day. This is also Day 20 for me on the 21-day challenge :woo: :woo:

Hey carla buddy - get over being blue and spring green into the new possibility that the new day will bring. You are a trooper and you will overcome. We are here for you! :grouphug:

Bev in WI
07-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Sorry to report I didn't meet my goals today -- woke up to a very stormy looking sky. Ended up having heavy thunderstorms with lightning - took a lightning strike very nearby and lost power for about 5 hours. Knocked out my microwave and my cordless phone! So it was pretty close!!! Spent the afternoon figuring out why I had no phone service and after calling the phone co (from the neighbors) disconnected everything and started over. Now my phone lines all work and the internet connection works as long as I don't hook up the cordless phone -- so I do believe it got fried!!

Soooo - I was 45 minutes late with breakfast (cold cereal & milk) - did not get my morning walk and am still drinking water. It's 7:35 here and I could get a walk in but to be honest I'm just too tired to even think about it. I did stay OP with food so that's one good thing about the day. I'm going to go read a while and go to bed -- will catch you all in the morning (after my walk!) -- Bev

squiggly
07-24-2005, 12:55 AM
Friday, I met the exercise goal and the water goal. Unfortunately, I had a pop.
Saturday, I met all three goals. I did 25 minutes on the elliptical both days.

Bev in WI
07-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Good morning all -- well, it's a new day (thank goodness!) and I just got back from my walk and am drinking my first glass of water. I re-read my post from last night, and I sounded so "whiney" - I just hate when I get like that. But I discovered a couple of things yesterday. 1) If I don't get out and get movin' right away in the morning I'm going to feel crappy all day and 2) If I don't walk and drink my water my legs are going to feel like stumps the next morning! Oh and 3) If my 5-1/2 mo old pup doesn't get his morning walk, he's a pain-in-the-butt the rest of the day - he has so much energy and just has to work it off.

So my goals for next week will just be a repeat of this week and I am going to really focus on them.

Carla, you're big juicy steak sounded yummy! I think we all deserve an off-point day once in a while. I know that goes against WW basic rules, but I know this is a lifetime change for me and I'm not giving up a nice dinner out once in a while. Or, for that matter, a little extra treat at home. Just have to remember moderation in all things.

MsCat - way to go on the 21 day challenge!!!! What an awesome accomplishment. Maybe I'll try for 21 days starting today. Will have to come up with something I WILL do inside in case of another stormy morning - I have an exercise bike downstairs so could do a few miles on that.

Squiggly - glad you lost the weight you gained last week.

Sushi - hope you get your new keyboard and get back with us soon.

Have a great Sunday everyone -- Bev

haleys
07-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Hey everyone, good job to those who met their challenges and keep going to those who didn't. I've had my required water every day, but haven't exercised since Thursday, but I'm going on a bike ride today for my 5 days of working out. I ate at least 1200 calories everey day and...

I'm down 2 pounds!! 8 pounds away from onederland, I'm excited!

Sushi Penguin
07-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Hello again, Everybody :)

I got my new keyboard at last. :cheer:

I've been doing so-so with my goals, though, things kind of went downhill over the past few days. I totally failed with respect to fixing my sleep schedule, and now I have no idea how I'm going to get up for work tomorrow... water was okay until Friday, but yesterday and today I only drank one bottle. And I haven't been exercising at all this week, eek! The chocolate project has been going fine, no problems with that.

I agree that we all need a day off-plan sometimes (like having a nice day out), but the problem I have is that it's hard to get back on plan afterwards... Two days ago we had pizza for dinner and I had 4 small slices, and since then I'm tempted to have other "goodies" - like ice cream, which I did end up having yesterday.
Oh well, I'll guess next week's challenge will be to get back on track...

Haleys, wow, congratulations! Enjoy your bike ride! :cheer:
Bev, I'm exactly the same way, need to get moving right away in the morning. :) And your puppy sounds cute! :)
Squiggly, you've been doing so great with pop all week, don't be too hard on yourself because of having some - it's tough to just stop drinking it when we're used to it (can't imagine trying to stop drinking coffee :lol: - though I haven't had it in a few days because I've been home)
Carla, cheer up, you can do it! :) Even if we don't meet our goals one day, there is still the other days in the week when we've either done it, or when we still can do it! :)
Mscat816, you're a true inspiration! :) Couldn't imagine hitting the treadmill late at night after a tiring day! You rock! On Thursday evening I skipped rope for half an hour in the laundry room - around 11:30 pm - that was thanks to you!

Cheers to everyone, I'll check in tomorrow with my goals for next week. :)
Oh, if someone could wake me up at 7:30 am EST tomorrow... :P

haleys
07-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Just finished an hour bike ride. Finished water goal. Ate enough.

I'll post goals tomorrow!

mscat816
07-24-2005, 11:08 PM
I am soooo excited :cb: I have completed the 21 day challenge and another week at a time challenge! I was working with DH all day on a construction project all day - hot, sweaty and sore from yesterdays workout and drilling, chiseling, squatting, etc. today. But before I took my shower at 9:00 (boy did I ever need one :fr: ) I jumped on the treadmill and completed a 1.5 mile jog :woo: and I am drinking my last 24 oz of water as we speak.

I could not have done this without all of you. You inspired me everyday :thanks:

Missed on Saturday
squiggly :cp: The struggle with the pop in no way diminishes what you have accomplished with your water and exercise goals this past week - You did an absolutely fabulous job.

Sunday awards to . . .
haleys :cp: and 2 pounds down too :woo:
Bev - you just let it out - we are here to lift you up. Hope you are fully recovered from the storm.

Sushi - don't fret - it is hard to get going again when you're schedule gets off. We are here for you when you are ready to get going again. Next week will be awesome for you! Glad you got your keyboard fixed.

carla49
07-25-2005, 01:39 AM
The best thing about one-week challenges is you get to start all over every week...so I guess it's time to start anew. (I was conspicuously absent there for a bit...) I did lose one pound while travelling, to my enormous surprise!

My new challenge: to stay away from wine and sweets. (Hmmmm. Sounds like my old challenge...) I also want to give myself bonus goals: trying to average one bonus a day, either exercising or eating particularly well or working on paring down all the junk piled up around here at pack rat central.

Tomorrow if all goes well I intend to finally go sign up at a local gym. I wish we had 24 hour gyms here!

Mscat, Super congrats on your 21 and 7 day challenges! Are you going to do another 21-day? If so, would you be interested in starting together and trying to finish together? I'm up for starting tomorrow regardless. I have 3 weeks before my next business trip, and would like to really buckle down and make that ticker move.

Bev, Sushi, Squiggly, Haleys: keep up the good work, and good luck with this week's goals.

Carla at home

squiggly
07-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Ok, the pop thing hasn't been good yesterday or today. I am adding the pop into my calorie intake which I have been keeping within my limits. I didn't exercise yesterday at all due to the heat. I have started this morning. I'm trying to get all of my time in before the heat hits hard. We don't have A/C so we have to be careful. I got half my water in yesterday. I don't know why I didn't get it all. I will get it all in plus some today.

haleys
07-25-2005, 11:37 AM
mscat, congrats! A 21 day challenge is amazing! Great job!

My goals for the week are to exercise 5 days this week (at least an hour each time) and to make sure I'm drinking my 8 glasses of water a day.

Good luck to everyone on this next 7 day challenge!

mscat816
07-25-2005, 12:52 PM
DON'T POST HERE - GO TO WEEK AT A TIME CHALLENGE #5
mscat