Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 08:10 AM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile Flexers chat & support - July18 to July 30

Good morning fellow flexers!

I hope everyone had a good weekend

I had a pretty good weekend and recovered from my recent carb binge. I am back on my SBD/WW plan and I think I have lost 1 or 2 lbs since last week.

Tommorrow is weigh in so I am keeping my fingers

How is everyone else doing?
Old 07-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #2  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Mind if I cop a squat and have some coffee too? I have sugarfree creamer ! Caramel dulce (or something like that) I had a few binges this weekend and am back on program hoping to lose this few lbs I gained. I was so happy with the scale yesterday BUT not today-as I am a compulsive weigher and trying to break my food addiction first and then I will worry about the scale.

I did my exercise today and am on my 5th 16oz water w/ice and let me tell you..this sweater isnt helping much. I just ate my breakfast -a light english muffin with .5TB PB and a tsp of wheat germ with a V8- better late than never - and I am still hungry (my son's sausage bisuit sure does smell great) Today is going to be a GREEEAAAT day! Good job on returning those lbs back to where they came from! I am keeping my fingers crossed for your weigh in!
Old 07-18-2005, 03:41 PM   #3  

The urge to stress eat this afternoon in terrible! We just had one of our most difficult (read as obnoxious, rude, mouthy, paranoid, agressive and argumentative) clients in. As soon as she walked in I knew she was in a bad mood

Now I have a stress headache and want to eat cake!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:16 AM   #4  

Well, I managed not to eat cake yesterday but the same client is coming in again today so I will try really hard not to get stressed.

Looks like another scorcher today so I will be loading up on water and Crystal Light throughout the day

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:46 PM   #5  

I managed not to eat any of the chocolate cake that was at work today!

And I went to my meeting this evening and lost 2lbs!
Old 07-20-2005, 08:14 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone! I am at work, so that means a very quick post! Had WI yesterday, down 1 pound. I did very well at the beginning of the week, but went downhill over thr weekend.
I will hopefully catch up with the rest of you this evening when I have more time!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:58 AM   #7  

sherri -Way to go on your 1lb lost!

Kellyjoiii - welcome to forum!
Old 07-20-2005, 10:28 PM   #8  

Hello ladies! I am back at home now so I have a little more time to type, and don't have to worry about who might be watching over my shoulder!
Mauvaisroux-I am impressed that you avoided the cake, I love cake (who am I kidding? I love EVERYTHING!! ).
I think I am over my "honeymoon" period of WW, everyday is more of a struggle. I really appreciate everyones post. Even though I don't post as often as I used to I make a point to get on here every day and read what everyone has written.
I need to do something to get re-motivated. Any ideas?
Old 07-21-2005, 02:24 PM   #9  

Sometimes it helps to go back and review your ww materials to get a refresher.

One thing I do when I start to feel like giving up is look at a picture I took as my "before" picture - I do not want to go back to that so that gives me the motivation to get back on track.
Old 07-22-2005, 07:42 AM   #10  
Eat well, Live well

Hi ladies...just a quick post today. Down 1.8 at WI last night! Yay! I leave for camping tomorrow, and I am a wee bit nervous. I tend to eat more junk at camp (who can resist smores by the campfire???), but it may be offset by all the extra hiking, swimming, and canoeing I do. I am taking my journal with me for sure! I'll check in two weeks from now and let you know how I did.

Sherry, I stay motivated by stepping back and looking at the big picture. I am doing so well, and I really want to succeed at this. I look where I've been, and where I'm going. I keep it interesting by trying new foods. Don't lose heart!
Old 07-22-2005, 01:53 PM   #11  

Congrats on your loss Allie! and have a good holiday!

Ugh! Had to eat out today but managed to survive...
Old 07-22-2005, 10:11 PM   #12  

Well, thanks for everyones advice...but I found another great motivator....I tried on (and fit into) a pair of jeans that I have not been able to wear in close to 2 years!!
Let me set the scene for you....
We were told on Thursday at work that we were allowed to wear jeans on Friday ( I work at a bank, so getting to wear something besides dressy clothes is a treat). So I came home on Thursday and pulled out my old faithful pair of larger size jeans. Then, down at the bottom of my dresser drawer I catch a glimpse of my smaller jeans. I think...nope, there is no way that I could fit into them. But I drag them out and lay them on top of my other jeans. This morning I am getting ready for work. I pull on the mandatory bank T-shirt (which is also feeling a bit more loose) and put on my larger jeans. But they just look to baggy. And I feel huge in them. Now, lets remember...these are jeans that I used to have to lay down on my bed to zip up, especially when they first came out of the dryer. Now they feel and look to big!! So, I pick up the smaller size. I hold my breath, and pull one leg on. I expect them to get tight or atleast feel to snug by mid-thigh. But I manage to put both legs in and pull them up! I can get them zipped! They are buttoned! AND I CAN STILL BREATHE!! It is nothing short of a miracle.
Now, don't get me wrong, it is not like these are tiny little jeans. They are still too large of a size. But this was so important to me! And now I know that if I stick with it, pretty soon THESE jeans will start to be too baggy!
I know this is a long post, but I just had to share my news with everyone. And say, WEIGHT WATCHERS WORKS!!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:33 AM   #13  

That's great Sherri!

I had a pretty good weekend, did some gardening and then on Sunday spent the day with a friend walking around a nice neighborhood stealing ideas from other people's gardens, did some shopping and lunch. The we had some gelato as a treat.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:06 PM   #14  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

Sherri

That is great!!!

I know I have had to put a few pair of pants and shorts in the give away pile
There are a few pair of pants and shorts that I am still wearing although they are a bit baggy.

I bought a new pair of jean shorts on the weekend and managed to fit into a pair that are 3 sizes smaller than I wore last summer. They are still a bit snug so will not wear them for a week or two but use them as an incentive.

I had a bad weekend for eating and drinking. Although I stayed pretty well within my pts using all my flex over the weekend I just don't feel good
I feel like a big bloated slug today. So am back to the minimum pts for the day and will stick to lots of water,veggies and grilled meats for a a day or two.

Funny how fast a person adapts to a different way of eating and the old ways sure don't feel all that good in the long run

Will get out for a long walk tonite and feel much better I am sure

Cindy
Old 07-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #15  

I had to WI today (instead of my normal Tuesday) and had maintained. Which I just have to be satisfied with. I had some really awsome days where I stayed on program, then I had some not-so-awsome days. When I have one of these kind of weeks I am always happy for that week to over so I can move on and start fresh.
The good news for me is that my mom is giving me her "Gazzelle" I have no idea if I am spelling that right, but it is a piece of exercise equipment that you sortof "ski" on. I was looking for a used treadmill , and she told me to take this. It is is almost new condition...so I hope this helps me.
Have any of you tried this?
Closed Thread