WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for July Continues

Tina
07-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Greetings,
We are getting so talkative that we might go back to a new thread each week. (For some newer members, we used to have one every week.) We had a dry spell and went to monthly threads.
What do y'all think?????

I feel much like Noah in that I am going under water and need that Ark. :)
One day of rain was great. The second day wasn't bad. Now with each additional day, our house seems to sink more and more. Pretty soon I won't need steps up to a front porch. We'll just walk out the front door onto the front walk. It's getting bad here!!!!! :o

I did good drinking my water yesterday. I got 7 glasses in. Today won't be that good. I cannot drink that much and go to church morning and evening. I do not want to get up and run out of service.
I made a meatloaf for the family (son came over to eat) and I had a piece of grilled chicken. We had veggies, salad and French bread. Not bad, huh?

Tammy, are you back home yet, girl?
Susan, are you enjoying your company?
Amy, how was the cook-out?
Jody, was the second night easier?
Sis & Mimi, we miss hearing from y'all.
It's beginning to thunder so I'd better sign off for now.

Oh, I sent Suzanne a PM asking her how we could become a Sub-forum. I see other groups have their own. She has not replied. We'll see.

auntie
07-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Hi,

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Tina, send some of that rain our way!!!! It's rained a little but we need alot!!!!! We have huge cracks in the yard.

Amy, hope you made it home safely.

Tammy, what's new with you?

Tina
07-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Me again,
I thought I'd better explain what I meant by a Sub-forum.
Some of the groups like us have several threads going at a time--like us.
So, they have what's called the Sub-forum under a forum name---like the one we're under, "WW Weigh-Ins and Countdowns."
I just wondered if she would give us one. I wrote a couple of days ago and never have heard back. maybe she's still thinking about it. It really won't be the end of the world if she says No, as we are happy the way we are.
I hope I explained it well. Hope I didn't confuse y'all. :)
Tina

auntie
07-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks for explaining the sub forum, Tina. That would be great if we had one.

Tina
07-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Monday, Monday----

I just had a bright idea and started us another Thursday thread. This one is about setting a goal for the week. It can be a goal for each day.
I'm thinking that by writing it down, I might be more inclined :lol: to keep it.
My first one is for today------exercise and water... But, I won't say more, please go to the new thread and look at it, ponder what you think about it, and post there.
If you all don't think it's a good idea, it won't hurt my feelings (too much :) )

Oh, and this thread will not take the place of either of our other threads.
:flow1:

Tammy
07-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi gang! We got home yesterday afternoon. Had a wonderful time. I bought you all fudge, but I ate it all. lol The trip was great even with the back aches that I had from walking. Had to take lots of breaks. I thought that I ate pretty well even with the few bites of fudge, but I weighed this morning and I was up 3 pounds. Discouraging!!!

Jody, glad things went well with the play (even if you did make kids cry).

Today we finished packing up the garage sale things that were left. Tim and I took a load to Goodwill. The lady there wasn't very nice or helpful. I told her what I thought before we left. I think I'll take things elsewhere the next time.

Bob doesn't have to go back to work until Thursday, so we're trying to get things done around the house before he goes back. When we got home yesterday, he and Tim were mowing the lawn. I unpacked suitcases and put things away. Bob was also running in and doing laundry so I didn't have to go to the basement. My left ankle/leg was pretty swollen when we got home. I have no idea what I did.

Tomorrow the neighbor is coming over to pull out the bushes in the front of our house. My dad put them in years ago, and they are just growing wild now! We've tried to trim them, but I think they are past the trimming stage. We're not sure what we're putting in yet, but it has to be better than what's there.

Tina
07-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Tammy, We are so glad you're home. We've missed you lots.
Thank you very much for the fudge. You say it was good? :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's good Bob has some time off to help and to rest, if he has time.
Be sure to rest up so you can tell us all about Tim and his trip.

What on earth was wrong with the woman at Goodwill? I've always had good luck there. That's odd.
Do not worry about that weight gain. I'm sure it's from eating all of our souvenirs. :D

auntie
07-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Welcome home Tammy! It seems like you've been gone forever :) Thank you so much for the fudge. Glad that you enjoyed it. :D :D We want to hear all about the trip when you are rested.

I'm getting readyt to take Betty to the vet this morning. She has to have a couple of bloody tumors removed off her belly.

Tammy
07-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Yes, your fudge was delicious. lol I was very surprised by the woman at Goodwill. They've always been so friendly. Maybe she was just having a bad day.

Picking Tim up at the airport in Detroit was the highlight of the trip. It was great to see him home safe and sound. He was non-stop talking from Detroit to Frankenmuth where we stayed that night. He went to bed at 8:30, and he slept till almost 9 the next morning. That was fine because we only had a 3 hour drive to get to Mackinaw City. Our hotel at Mackinaw was a bummer. It was a suite, but it wasn't very sweet. In fact, it was yucky. The bedroom had no window or A/C. The TVs (2 of them) were older than Tim. The only window in the place looked out on a hallway. There were only ceiling lights, no lamps. AND it stunk. I was about sick. Bob told them that we could not stay there. Since we didn't tell them ahead enough, we had to still pay for the first night and 1/2 of the next one. I wasn't happy about that, but I was glad that I didn't have to stay there. We ended up staying at a Baymont Inn and Suites. very nice! The bedroom had 2 double beds with a full bathroom, TV, desk, chairs, lamps. The living room had a desk, TV, chairs, lamps, microwave, refrigerator, full bath, and a queen size pull out couch. Bob and I each took a bed, and Tim took the couch. It was nice. The pool and Whirlpool were near our rooms, so that was nice. Yes, I went swimming and went into the whirlpool. Heavenly!!

Went to Mackinac Island and did all the shops. Fun!! Ate a great meal there. We go to the same restaurant every year we are there. The Yankee Rebel is the name if you ever get to go there.

auntie
07-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Howdy,

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been an alright day. I've been worried about my Betty. She had 5 spots removed and is very sore tonight. She hasn't done anything except sleep. I know she is hurting. I gave her a baby aspirin to help with the pain. She is such an old girl.

I'm hoping we when the lotto tonight!!! so if you see me on tv I'll wave at ya'll. ;)

Tammy, sorry the hotel was a bummer, it sounds like you got a much better one. To bad that you had to pay for the first one.

Tina, is still raining your way?

Tina
07-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Not much rain down here. It sprinkled once this afternoon.
Emily is supposed to be headed south of Brownsville and that is far away from me----even farther away from Susan. I'm really happy about that!!!

Tammy, your trip sounded great-except for that hotel room. What a crummy place. Oooh I envy you getting to go in a pool and whilrpool.

Susan, I'm so sorry your dog is in pain. Poor baby. When will you know about the spots?

My eating today has been soooooo good. We had Chinese take-out tonight. I did not get an egg roll. I ate just 1/2 cup of steamed rice with some chicken and some veggie lo mein. No soy sauce! I'm hoping I won't have water retention tomorrow.
I just knew today was Wednesday and tomorrow would be weigh-in. Boy am I happy. I've got one more day to lose something! lol

GoddessInclined
07-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Hi, y'all!!!

Sorry to have been absent--my life had been taken over by the play, and I'm still coming down from it.

Opening night, as it turns out, wasn't the last time I made people cry. Nothing makes me angrier than when actors miss cues--I'm not talking about little things, like a forgotten line--but HUGE things, like not being on stage AT ALL and your character is the MAIN ONE in the scene. First it was the two little girls, then the girl who played Becky, then my OWN SON, who played Sid (Tom's brother), and THEN the kid who played Huck. ARRRARRGHGHGHG!!!! But, overall, it went very well, and I am just bursting with pride over all "my kids" and how well they did. And I miss the little brats, too.

Plus, I got a great surprise. Sunday, our last performance, went better than ever up until curtain call. The cast did their bows, and then weren't leaving the stage, and I thought...."Ack, how awkward....get off the stage....get off the stage....." and then they burst into a boistrous chorus of "Happy Birthday" because my birthday was the next day. What a great finale!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.....back to the grind..... :)

Tina
07-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Jody,
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear Jody
Happy Birthday to You

Little Sis
07-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Happy Birthday Jody!

Well Huricane Emily is on its way. She hit land fall this morning and we are starting to get the first wave of bands here. We are suppose to have rain all today and tomorrow. Radar is showing a big storm on the NE side of town.

Sue - is it quiet at your house? :)

Tammy
07-20-2005, 09:19 PM
I figured that the $$ that we made at the garage sale paid for the motel that was icky.

Susan, keep us posted on Betty.

Tina, Bob and I went to eat at a Chinese place tonight. Delicious! AND I didn't overdo it like I usually do. Made very good choices (for me anyway!!)

Happy Birthday Jody!! did you save us some cake?

Today was Tim's first day back to work. He's been off since June 22, so he was a bit apprehensive about going back. New sandwiches to learn! lol
Bob goes back to work in the morning. He's not looking forward to it.

auntie
07-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Hi Friends,

Nothing too exciting today. I dropped my car off at the shop to get it serviced, on the way home my good friend called. So I went over to his house and had breakfast with him and his son. Then we goofed off for a little while. I had not even had a shower and neither had they so we were lovely. I came home and took a nap. I've been getting headaches every afternoon. I'm sure it's because of the heat, and I'm trying to drink a bunch of water.

Tina, Yum, I love Chinese!!!!!!

Tammy, too bad the icky hotel charged you!

Amy, how are you feeling? I hope you are feeling better!

Jody, Happy Birthday!!!!! I know the play was a big success!!!

I'm really worried about Betty. We were talking tonight that we are afraid that she might not be around much longer. I don't know what I will do if something happens to her. We should know Friday about her spots.

auntie
07-21-2005, 11:04 PM
How was everyone's day? I stayed home all day and read a book ( I'm not a reader either) I didn't get out in the heat and guess what, I didn't have a headache.

Tina
07-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Is anyone a Harry Potter fan? I've seen the movies. I'm not a reader.
The only thing I've read recently was a book by former President Jimmy Carter. I read that thing in just a few days. I was amazed at myself. :D

Did everyone stay OP today? I may have gone over a couple of points but I scrubbed floors and cleaned house for 2 hrs this morning. That should take care of those extra points. I might go back to the Core plan and try it again. I get tired of trying to count points. Am I lazy? :dizzy: :dizzy: :o :dizzy:

Everyone have a great Friday.

Tina
07-22-2005, 12:27 AM
Tammy, have you been to the doctor yet? Any resuts? I hope your trip didn't make your back feel worse.
Please let us know how you are doing.

Little Sis
07-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

We are leaving for Corpus this afternoon and I have my days and nights mixed up. You would think I was back in college studing for finals, because I pulled an all-nighter do laundry, packing, amd cleaning. It's a good thing that Rob is driving so I can sleep in the car.

Sue- keep me posted on Bet. I will have my cell on all weekend if you need to talk.

Tina
07-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Happy Friday :cool:

It looks like our Thursday Goals thread has taken off.
By writing the daily goal down, I find I try harder to do it.

We haven't heard from some members recently. I hope all is okay.
It'll be another hot one down here in TX. Every afternoon we have showers that make it more humid, if that could be possible. :) It's a good thing for gyms, Curves. and home treadmills. Running or walking outside isn't a possibility for me. I see a few and think they have a death wish.

I've been working extra hard OP this week. We're going to the Newcomers luncheon at church on Sunday. They're a little behind with the luncheon. We placed membership back in October! :lol: I have a new dress that's been too tight to wear. Because of my hard work------I can wear it now.

Everyone have a great weekend. And, Post.

GoddessInclined
07-22-2005, 12:46 PM
::bounces out of seat in excitement:: Me, me, me....I'm a Harry Potter fan!!! Stood in line for my book and finished it at 12:41pm the next day, play and everything! I know....geek!!!

Tina--great work on the dress!!! How exciting that is for you!

Sue--I tend to get sick from the heat, too, not to mention very very ....well, it rhymes with witchy.

Tammy--hope the back is okay.

Amy--have fun!!

I'll be packing and cleaning and accounting all weekend, methinks, to catch up on stuff I ignored during the play thingy. Hopefully, temps will cooperate. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Tina
07-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Jody, I have to know---who got killed off in the book? Who was the half breed? Was it a new character?

auntie
07-22-2005, 06:46 PM
I feel like I've missed alot by posting this afternoon. I mowed the yard this morning and then ran a few errands. I've been a basket case today. I cried mowing the yard so much I thought I was going to throw up........ I do think it helped just crying.

Tina, you are doing great!!!! Keep it up!!!

Tammy, when do you go back to school? Oh how did the board meeting go?

Amy, be careful at the coast. Play in the water for me.

Jody, cleaning is always on my list of things to do too.

Tina
07-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Evening,
Susan, I'm so sorry you had a bad day. How is Betty doing today?

Sis, where are you?

Everyone have a great weekend.

auntie
07-23-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm doing better today. I think I'm just overwhelmed with everything that has taken place in the past year. I'm excited about my new job but it's just not what I had planned on doing for the next 5 or 6 years.

Betty is hanging on. She isn't eating, we have tried everything. I've even cooked her cube steak for the last 2 days and she ate that, but today she didn't want it. I realize we are probably on borrowed time right now. I came home this morning and thought she had died. She wouldn't move. I also think that some of my anxiety is that she has been my consistent companion since October. Not that she wasn't before but she has been my saving grace. I'm afraid that when I go back to work on Wednesday that she won't make it. Ok, enough of this.....

I went to weigh in today and was up 1.4 (of course) I just want to get over the 15 pound mark. I plan to stick with it and try to make something move.

Hope everyone is doing well today and are staying cool. It's hot here but then again the sun is up.

Tammy
07-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Susan, I get headaches when I'm outside in the heat too long. Stay inside young lady!!

I love to read when I have the chance. I've read all the Harry Potter books except the new one. I've enjoyed the series. I also enjoyed the Left Behind series. I've tried to read some fun books this summer, but it seems most of my reading has been for school. Not fun.

I had a wonderful day yesterday. I felt great, hardly any aches and pains. Naturally, when you feel good, you do more, right? Well, today has been the pits. I had trouble even getting out of bed this morning. I should learn not to overdo things.

Susan, I understand about Betty being with you. Pets are like family to many of us. Take care.

I go for the stress test on Monday morning. It's a 3-4 hour thing. Has anyone ever died when they've had one of these? I'm being serious here. I'm very nervous about having it done.

The board meeting was the same. They don't understand why the teachers won't come to them and voice concerns, etc. I did corner a board member at the band pool party the other night. In fact, there were a few people (2 of us teachers) who let him know how we felt. I told him right to his face that I don't trust any of the administrators or the board members anymore. He just didn't get it. I told him that I'd probably be moved again now that I had voiced my opinion to him. He said, "We wouldn't to that!" I told him that's what the supt. and principal had already done to us because we had voiced concerns.

School starts for teachers on August 25. We have 2 work days. This year, both of those days are going to be meetings all day long. All of our room preparation will have to be done before then because the kids start on August 29.

We're having homemade pizza for supper. Yummy!!

Tammy
07-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Quiet group! Me again. Hot again today. I was inside for most of it, so that was fine. I am so glad that the church is air conditioned, otherwise, I might have skipped it this morning.

My brother and his family were here for a while this afternoon. He and Bob are kidding around saying that they should run for the school board. It sure might shake some people up!! lol

I decided I'll take a shower tonight so I don't have to get up as early in the morning. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30. Tim is going with me. They said the whole thing could take 3-4 hours. I told him that he'll get a bit bored. He's taking a book and his CD player. That should keep him entertained. I told him if I felt ok afterwards, we'd go to Pizza Hut for lunch. The buffet is one of his favorite things. I can get the salad bar.

I have to decide if I'm going to Band Camp for the whole week or just 1/2. I'm down for the first 1/2, but I had a chaperone cancel out for the 2nd half. I don't know whether to try to find someone, or just do it myself. We leave for band camp next Sunday afternoon. I always have a fun time, and it's Tim's last year, so I might just do it myself.

Tina
07-25-2005, 12:57 AM
Sorry I wasn't online yesterday or earlier today.

Tammy, I wish you weren't stressed out over the Stress Test. :) :D
I'll bet you breeze right through it. Oooh, Pizza Hut buffet sounds good. Most of our Pizza Huts have stopped the dine-in. It's just carry-out and delivery. We love the buffet, too.
Maybe you shouldn't push yourself going to band camp for a whole week. After that test tomorrow, maybe you'll figure out what you should do.

It's hot here, too. Everything down here is air conditioned. I don't see how people lived here without it---but they used to. I need to do some bush pruning in the backyard but it's just too hot to get out there. I feel like I'm having a major hot flash just walking out the front door. :lol: :lol: :lol: And, I don't have hot flashes!

Have a good Monday everyone!

auntie
07-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Hi Buddies,

Well, I'm going for my meeting this morning with personnel and then start new teacher orientation on Wednesday. As of Wed. I will working again. Honestly, I'm a little excited but nervous.

Betty is NOT eating at all. She didn't eat yesterday and nothing so far today. We have tried everything. She has to eat something!!!!

Tammy, I agree I don't think you should push yourself on the trip. Maybe just a half of the week. Don't worry about the stress test. Enjoy Pizza Hut!!

Tina, I don't know how people survive w/o a/c either. I would die! I asked my older sister about hot flashes the other day.

Amy, how was the coast?

Jody, are you resting up from the play? I know it was a big success!!!

Better run get ready since I have to leave in about 30 minutes.

Tina
07-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Susan,
There is a special Hill's canned food for cats that need extra nourishment. I'm sure there is the same thing for dogs. You must get it at a vet's. Please call and ask and go get Betty some. Once Smokey wasn't eating and he would eat that food. It's very good for them. I'm so sorry she's not doing good.
Let me know if you can get her to eat.
Tina

GoddessInclined
07-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Tammy, good luck with the stress test! Do you get to count part of that as your workout for the day? :)

Susan....sending peaceful and happy thoughts out for dear Betty....

Rough weekend as far as trying to be OP and keep food out of my mouth this weekend....got to do better this week....

Tammy
07-25-2005, 01:01 PM
LOL I already thought about counting the test as part of my workout! I was on the treadmill and the doctor had it inclined as high as it would go by the time I was done. I'm counting it!!!! The test wasn't nearly as bad as I thought that it would be. It didn't take as long either. Unfortunately when I was done, Pizza Hut wasn't open yet. (10:30) We stopped at McDonalds and I had a sandwich. Tim had eaten breakfast while I was having the test, so he had a strawberry sundae (which looked delicious!!)

Susan, hugs are with you for Betty. Good luck at your meeting and with starting a new school year!!

I'm off to do something even if it is just taking a nap!! lol

Tina
07-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Congratulations, Tammy on 'passing" the stress test. Boo on Pizza Hut still being closed.
Enjoy the rest of your day. A nap sounds good to me!

auntie
07-25-2005, 11:15 PM
Tammy, I'm glad that you are finished with your test and it wasn't so bad. Too bad about Pizza Hut. Maybe ya'll can go tomorrow.

The vet called today with Betty's results from her surgery. The tumors were not cancerous. Pat called him right back to talk to him. He said to bring Betty in right away. So we did, and he kept her. He ran blood work on her and her kidneys are shutting down. We knew that they were having trouble because of her Cushing's disease. Anyways, he is giving her fluids and should have the other results back tomorrow. We will know exactly how much damage are done to her kidneys and know her prognosis. She has lost a 1.5 pounds since last Tuesday. It's lonely here without her.

Tina
07-25-2005, 11:45 PM
Evening--
Susan, we are thinking positive thoughts about Betty.
Please keep us updated.

Little Sis
07-26-2005, 01:39 AM
Sue - Keep thinking positive! Hopefully Kevin will call early in the morning with her results.

I was hoping to go to the gym in the morning but instead I think I will be going to the chiropractor. When we were at the coast this weekend I pulled my back after carrying Zack (my 45 lb. 2 1/2 year old.

auntie
07-26-2005, 10:37 AM
No news from Kevin, our vet. Hopefully we will hear something soon. We talked about it last night. Then lectured all of the other animals about eating and going to the bathroom is NOT AN OPTION!!!! Hopefully they will listen. We just don't want Betty to suffer and if she is going to then we will have to make that tough decision.

I'm off to run some errands, get my haircolored and my car back into the shop. Now the cruise control isn't working. It was when we took it there for service. I will not be paying for this repair.......at least that's what I'm saying.

Tina
07-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Happy Tuesday to everyone,
I have my TV on, waiting for the shuttle launch. I wish them well. I think it's so stupid going up when they know their problem never was fixed. There's too much pressure to go ahead and go. (That's my take on it. :) )

I just bought a Kitchenaid blender. My old blender wouldn't crush ice. I'm so excited about it!!!!!!!
I found a scone recipe that's been figured in points. Does anyone else like scones? I'll try it and then post the recipe if it's edible.

Susan, I hope you get some good news from the vet. Let us know.
Tammy, have you heard anything about what's wrong with your back?
Amy, sorry you are having problems.
Jody, how are you doing?
Sis-----where are you???????
Mimi, you are too quiet. Are you working constantly?

GoddessInclined
07-26-2005, 03:42 PM
::fingers crossed for dear Betty::

LOL on the lecture to other animals, though. Let's hope they listen--I know pets understand a lot more than we give them credit for, I don't CARE what the scientists say. :)

Just out of curiosity, is it pronounced "scoh-n" or "scawn"? I've heard it both ways, but never sure which is correct. Or perhaps it's a regional thing. I'm sure here in Minne-sooooh-ta, it's "scoooooh-n." :D

I couldn't sleep any more this morning, so got up and did the light intesity workout on the WW "Get Started, Get Moving, Get Fit" DVD. Not a strenuous workout by any means, but a good start for the day and worth 1 point. However, have come to the appalling realization that I have about as much coordiation as a moose on roller skates and will be sure to lower the shade before working out next time. :strong:

Tina
07-26-2005, 04:46 PM
A moose on roller skates. :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:
Jody, that is so funny! Have you tried the high intensity work-out yet? There are some moves in it that I don't think I'll ever master. The times I tried them, I was afraid I'd fall and break an ankle.
I stick with the light and middle ones.
About how to pronounce Scone------It's a long "o" sound.
Some friends in England sent me a real "honest to goodness" scone recipe. Only thing---it's done in metric. I could convert it but I'm lazy. :D I'm getting ready to make this WW approved recipe right now.

auntie
07-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Jody, you crack me up!!! I'm not coordinated at all!!!! So I can relate.

Tina, I have a kitchenaid blender and I LOVE it!!! It makes the best slushes!!

Amy, what's new down there?

Tammy, did you ever get your pizza?

Mimi o' Mimi, where are you?

Pat talked to the vet and it's Betty's kidneys and liver. They are shutting down. He wants to keep her and continue to run fluid through her for a few days. Then we should have a little better idea. I miss her!!!!

Tammy
07-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Jody, too funny! I can still see me at some of the classes I took at the YMCA years ago. Oh my.

Tim and I went for PH buffet yesterday. It was yummy. I loaded up on salad, but I did allow myself some pizza.

Doctor's office called with results yesterday afternoon. The stress test came back A-OK. No problems! Woo hoo!! The results from the back x-ray show degenerative damage in the lumbar spine. Basically arthritis. Not much can be done for it other than pain medication which I am on for the Fibromyalgia. The doctor did say that since the stress test was fine that I could start exercising up to 45 minutes a day. (Oh joy!) Then he said that might have to be done in short spurts because of the back pain. Turning 50 sure did a whammy on me, didn't it?

Chaperone meeting for band camp last night. I had decided not to go for the 2nd half of the week. Well, one woman has cancelled out completely which I knew last week. Another woman said last night that her brother has only a short time to live (cancer), but she still planned to go to camp if possible. I'm going to go ahead and plan to go the whole week for sure just in case Michelle has to leave or can't go at all. Otherwise, none of the other chaperones for the 2nd half have ever been there. That would not be a good thing since the Seniors have "prank night" on Thursday of the week.

It rained last night! It's also going to be in the 70's here instead of high 90's! That's the first rain and decent temp. that we've had in weeks! Woo hoo!

My cuckoo clock just told me it is 9:00. Time to get Tim up and rolling. This is the clock that he sent from Switzerland. It's beautiful! It looks super in our kitchen. He spent too much, but even Bob likes it! So I guess it was worth it.

Tomorrow we are going to Ball State Univ. in Muncie, Indiana. It's a little over an hour from here. That's where Tim plans to go after graduation. He is taking some college classes this year as a hs Senior. We want to make sure that those classes will transfer to Ball State. We'll also be picking up an application and scholarship, grant, and loan information. He doesn't want to apply anywhere else. I think he'll be accepted there. His grades are good, and his ACT score was good. Lots of his classmates are retaking the ACT for higher scores, but we're all satisfied with what he received the first time.

No big plans for today which is a great feeling. Oh, I stopped at school last night to check out my room to see if anything has been done to it. A few things have been moved, but it isn't cleaned yet. I actually thought that on some cooler days, I might go in and try to get some things accomplished. Not till it's cleaned though.

Tina
07-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Hi all.
I'm typing this with only ny left hand.
Last night I burned 3 fingers on my right hand--on the stove-top. Wow was I in pain. Larry rushed over to the CVS and the pharmacist gave him 2 things for the burns. Today one finger is just pink. The other 2 have blisters. Naturally I didn't sleep well. I'm taking it easy today. Y'all should've seen me putting on make-up with my left hand. I don't have much on. :lol: at least I got the eye liner on the eyelids and not my nose :lol:

Mimi4fun
07-28-2005, 11:44 PM
Hi I am still part of the 3FChicks community. Early this week we had to reformat our computer and it took several days to get everything running again.
I have been busy painting and decorating Dan's room, it looks great all that is left to do is the paint trim.
I am now going to TOPS meetings, they are ok, much smaller and cheaper than WW and I can stay on the WW diet.
I have also been busy working, trying to cover for some of the ladies who are on holidays. and working out at least 3 times a week at the gym.
Tina, burns are the worst, please be careful.
Got to go, I do not even have time these days to lurk in the back ground I hope I will catch up on all the news soon.
Mimi.

GoddessInclined
07-29-2005, 01:57 PM
Gotta run fast....going to pick up my child from granny's cabin.....but Whoot!!!!! Tammy on the stress test...and still crossing fingers for Betty....all have a GREAT weekend....oh, yes! ::waves at Mimi:: Computers suck, dahlinks.

Tina
07-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Greetings

Mimi, So glad you're back with us. I have missed you bunches. And,
thank you for caring about my burned fingers!!!!! They are better today.
Susan, I am keeping positive thoughts about Betty.
Jody, you sound like you're ready for the weekend. :D
Tammy, Good for you, getting to Pizza Hut.
I could use your help today. I've been cleaning out a chest of drawers and taking things out from under a twin bed. We're taking both things to the Goodwill tomorrow. (Hope we don't get a sour puss like you did. :lol: :lol: )
I'm getting ready to paint the room and we're getting a sleeper sofa. Maybe some of this will count as exercise. :) :) :)
Sis , we miss you!!!!
Maureen , are you still lurking in the shadows???
Everyone have a good rest of the day.

Tina
07-29-2005, 04:07 PM
I forgot to tell y'all about the scones I made. They were just edible but not worth making again.
I have one more recipe. I'll let you know. :D

Tammy
07-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Tina, boo hiss on the burned fingers!! Hope they are much better. So much for the scones, huh?

Mimi, I've had many friends who have left WW because of the price and they've gone to TOPS. Good luck!!

Just returned from shopping for band camp. Bottled water, pop, snacks. That's not just for me, we always buy a bunch and then sell the water and pop to the kids for a quarter. That saves them some money, AND it helps us to monitor if they are getting enough fluids. The snacks are put on a table in the lobby of the dorm each night. Different snack each night.

I had another woman cancel, and she didn't even call to tell me. her daughter told me at band practice this morning when I stopped by. We have 6 chaperones for the beginning of the week, and since I'm going for the whole week, we'll have 4 for the 2nd half. This woman is the new president of the band boosters. Hope this isn't the sign of things to come.

Tonight I plan to start getting my things together to take. It's pretty tough. Shorts, shirts, and undies. Need to find my sheets and comfy pillow. We leave at 1:30 on Sunday.

Sis
07-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Hi all. Hope everyone is doing ok. Sorry Tina, I didn't fall off the face of the earth or anything I just haven't been online much the last couple wks or so. My hubby is always online and I'm usually doing something around the house. My dd went to camp for 12 day this month. She got back on the 23rd of July. I sure missed her. She has been such a trouper with this new way she has to eat. I haven't gotten to see her dr again yet but we got info on it online and it seems to be treated like hypoglycemia. She has really lost weight!! Man does she look tall now!!!! She is 5' 9 1/2" and all legs! I now have an appt sched. for her so we will see whats going on and be able to talk to a nutritionist about how she should be eating. I am so proud of her doing so well with so few complaints. I should take a lesson from her. :)
I haven't even gotten to scan all the stuff on here I've missed yet so I'm going to go and do that now. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Take care.....Sis :D

Tammy
07-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi gang! I doubt that I will be on here tomorrow. I have to be at the school at 1:00 to start checking people in for band camp. I'll be home Friday afternoon.

Sis, come more often!! lol

Have a great week everyone!!

auntie
07-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi,
What a week!!! I've been in new teacher orientation since Wed. It has been loads of fun. :dizzy: All teachers start back on Monday and then the kiddos start on Monday Aug. 8th.

Betty is not doing well. She is still at the vets. I went to see her on Thursday morning and she was glad that I was there (I could just tell) She is still on fluids and she still won't eat. Pat talked to the vet yesterday and Kevin wants to wait and see if she does any better over the weekend. He said her levels look better but still not where he would like them. I don't think she will be coming home. I know in my heart that she won't. It breaks me up just thinking about it, but I don't want her to suffer either. I don't know what I would have done without her this year, she has really comforted me. Gotta stop, I'm already crying.....

Sis, it's good to hear from you.

Tammy, have fun on the trip. Just take it easy.

Tina, I am notorious for burns!!!!!

Mimi, please don't be a stranger.

Amy, what's going on down there?

It's hot here. We went to see the March of the Penquins today. It was good! Nothing else is going on here. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Tina
07-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Hello all,
Susan, I'm so sorry Betty isn't doing better. I haven't given up hope. ;)

Tammy, have a great trip. Just remember you must stop some before you start hurting. Have a ball!!!!!!!

Amy, are you feeling okay?

Mimi, it's so good to have you back. I hope TOPS gives you lots of encouragement.

Sis, it is sooooooo good to hear from you. Wish you could send us a photo of your dd. I'm glad she's doing good and losing weight at the same time.

Jody, what's going on this weekend for you? I still haven't bought any Harry Potter books. :D

My burned fingers are lots better. The blisters are getting smaller and haven't burst open. That's good.
I've been drinking water all day. Good for me!

Mimi4fun
07-31-2005, 10:41 PM
Went to Boston Pizza yesterday and had a chicken pecan salad, the BEST I have ever had, it probably had Lots of points.
It has been a very busy weekend and yesterday was a horror to work, (thats why dinner out).
My neighbour has offered to help redo my front door area, he is a landscape deseigner, we are going to take the cement steps out and build a deck type front, and turn the front yard into all garden. He says it won't cost much and he and the other neighbours will help. I can hardly wait.
Trying to stick to the points for the most part, need a little motivation. I hope I will get to my mini goal by the end of summer, that is almost 2 months. It is time to start a new thread. So go to August Chatters!