Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2001, 01:09 PM   #1  
CatGal

Thumbs down Countdown to 250 June 6th and beyond!

WELCOME to all who choose to stop here. We are a fun group, providing support, encouragement and motivation. We hope you sit a spell, grab a bottle of water and chat with us for awhile. We would love to meet you. - ThinThinker

Hello everyone! I got to start the new thread this week! How exciting for me!

I was doing really well this week. I even showed a 2 pound loss up untill this morning when I showed a maintain! It had to be the huge meal at Red Lobster last night combined with the fact that TOM just came to town. I am going to drink lots of water today and weigh in again tomorrow and see how that turns out. It is after all Water Filled Wednesday!

Bart is still having accidents of both varieties... Not as frequent as usual, but still... I will call the vet with an update on Saturday so he can decide how to continue his treatment.

I am seeing one house tonight and one tomorrow. It seems that every house in our price range sold last week! I am very discouraged. But at least we dont have to move, so we can take our time.

Thin - WTG on the 1/2! I think Bart has something wrong with his innards too. The vet just wants to rule out all the inexpensively treated things before we have him "scoped". I hope they find out what the deal is with your van. Please let us know...

Patty - We are the exact same height! I don't feel so bad making my own personal goal 185 now. I am an At Homer, so noone has to officially approve my goal weight. (Gee I am having fun with this vB code arent I?) I find the summer to be a very challenging time myself. The way I see it, try to be a little more active to balance out any slips that we may have.

Canadian - Woo Hoo! Down 3. That is awesome! I have a problem with always worrying about weather or not people like me. I try to remember 2 things: First that it is not important if others like me, it is important that I like myself. Second is that peoples reactions to you are 90% about them and only 10% about you . Thanks for the kind words about Bart. We are doing all we can...

Well, gotta go. Chat tomorrow...
G
Old 06-06-2001, 07:37 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good evening! Almost time for our nitely video, so I won't take up much of your time.

Food has been so-so so far this week! *teehee* I guess I didn't learn much from last week about how much better I would do if I would just JOURNAL like I'm supposed to! Note to self: MUST DO BETTER !

Didn't do much of anything yesterday. I feel so unproductive! Today I stayed in bed until a little after 11:00. You'd think it was the weekend or something. I do need to go make a run to the sewing store. Baby son is coming home tonight and I have to embellish some socks for him. Don't ask! Anyway, he's coming home so he can leave in the morning for St. Louis. He plays an on-line rollplaying game and they are having a convension in St. Louis this weekend. My baby's flying all by himself, oh my!!!

It's been a pretty good day. All I had during the day was water and an apple, but since I got up late that was ok. DH had an interview today so when he got home we went to Don Pablos Mexican restaurant for dinner, like at 4:30. I ordered their Mammas Skinny Platter so it comes to like 13.5 WW points (Dotti's told me so) so I'm still doing well for the day's intake.

Brenda: Congrats on another 3!!! I knew last week was just a fluke! You've been doing so, it probably went to your head for just a brief moment and now all is well with the world again!

Gina: You probably really still do have a 2# loss. It's probably TOM and you'll be fine by the end of the week. Hope you enjoyed that Red Lobster dinner. I really like when you say HUGE and it really comes out that way! Woohoo!!

Well, ladies, gotta run. I just finished a coin pouch to go with his cape for the convension and now I have to finish the socks. You all have a great night. Love to all.

"If you set a goal for yourself and are able to achieve it, you have won your race. Your goal can be to come in first, to improve your performance, or just finish the race. - It's up to you." - Dave Scott, Tri-athlete
Old 06-07-2001, 10:15 AM   #3  
CatGal

Thumbs down Welcome to Think Thin Thursday!

Good morning!

Today is my birthday, so I am in a pretty good mood. I have 25 roses on my desk from Brian that are the same type that were in my Bridal bouqet. He also gave me the most exsquisite porcelian cat that I have ever seen last night. It is truly the most treasured thing that I own now... I am not really watching the points today, and I had Godiva Chocolate for dinner last night that a friend sent me from Holland. I did get on the scale today and it showed a 1 pound loss, but I think I will "bank" it for next weeks WI and declare a maintain this week. Things are the same with Bart, no changes there. The house that I saw last night was so small that I almost has a panic attack! I hope the one that we are seeing tonight will be better...

Thin - You are cracking me up with the socks and coin purse for your son. You are so good to do these things for him. I'll bet he loves it! You know, I always find that even when I am not eating great, I always do better when I journal. It's just the act of writing it down that makes you realize what you are eating. I think it is the most important thing for me to do. Of course, I am not doing it today...

Well. I hope you all have great days...
G =^..^=
Old 06-07-2001, 12:10 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hey ladies! Got the 'baby' off to St. Louis this morning. He was thrilled with his coin pouch, except he said they don't have any pouches in the game to hold coins, they hold gems. So I had to go looking for gems at midnight last night. I used to sell crystal and so I had some tiny crystal hearts in different colors. We took the bales off of them and they became saphire, ruby, amethyst and diamond gems. Woohoo! He was one very happy camper. I think he was also thrilled that this year he is on his own in St. Louis. In previous years, he and his brother have driven there, this time he got to fly by himself. Think maybe I better let go a little, after all, he's 20!!!!

I picked my van back up from the dealership, they thought it was fixed. It's NOT!!! Argh!!!! Now I'll be taken the stupid truck back again.

Gina: Happy Birthday, to You! Happy Birthday, to You! Happy Birthday, dear Gina! Happy Birthday, to You! And many more!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday. Happy house hunting. Maybe that will be your biggest birthday present, finding a house! The porcelain cat must be just lovely. What a thoughtful hubby you have! Have a great day!

Talk to you later.

"Sweat, plus sacrifice, equals success." - Charlie Finley

Last edited by thinthinker; 06-07-2001 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-08-2001, 07:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday morning!

Where has the week gone? Its been such a blur and we have been busy every night this week. I'm exhausted and would love to stay at home today napping.

Cross your fingers. We have now signed the contract on our third house. Maybe this one will actually make it to closing! We ran across a beautiful newer house in town at a great price. The sellers were too nervous about getting it sold while building their house that they dropped the price way down. Plus the wife let us look at it knowing we were $5000 apart and they had to accept our bid. The husband didn't know the wife had done that and boy was he mad when our bid came in!! So we got it for about $10,000 less than it really should have sold for. I think we deserved a break. And we are getting our money back on at least the land from the previous deal. So its been a good week.

Foodwise, it hasn't been a good week. We haven't been eating until almost 10 pm and by that time I'm starved and would eat anything and everything. Plus TOM and I've been ravenous. I'm just going to try to survive this week and get refocused on Monday. Surely next week has got to be calmer.

Happy Birthday Gina! Your hubby is very thoughtful. What a guy! Hope you had a great day.

Gotta run. I've got too much paperwork that needs to be done this morning and get ready for work. I forgot I've got to make mexican corn dip for ladies night out tonight at the church. Replies later. Everyone have a great OP Friday and be strong!
Old 06-09-2001, 04:44 PM   #6  
Thin Within

GOOD AFTERNOON Countdowners

It has been a beautiful day this day. The breeze coming in feels nice and it isn't real humid. LIFE IS GOOD. I have had some nice OP days in a row which should reflect a decent weigh in on Monday. But I never know.

GINA HAPPY belated birthday. That cat statue sounds so pretty! Red Lobster is one of my most ever favorite places to eat. I wish you well on your house hunt.

THIN I never do well unless I write what I bite. And I don't write what I bite if my focus slips.

TERRI I am so happy for you! What an ordeal you have been through and now you have found a house! YEAH.

Have a great weekend all you lovlies.

Maggie ~ enjoying the breeze in Tennessee
Old 06-09-2001, 04:49 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Ladies keep your........
Old 06-09-2001, 07:50 PM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Ladies! It has been a decent day today. I spent almost 3 hours in the grocery store because one market here has double coupons up to $1.00 plus they will match everyone else's newspaper ad. So I cleaned up big time!!

The 'baby' just called from St. Louis. Aparently when he got to the hotel Thursday, his room wasn't ready and so he had them hold his luggage (the one bag he had checked on the plane and the one he used as a carry-on bag) Well, they (the hotel) proceeded to give out his carry-on bag to someone else and that someone else has not turned the bag in yet. The bag has his return ticket, his cell phone and his camera in it. I am soooo bummed!!

Terri: So glad to hear your house hunting is finished. It sounds like you got a really great deal. And you're right, you deserve it!

Maggie: Good job on the OP days. I hope Monday works out well for you and me both! I love the FOCUS!

Guess I'll be outta here for now. You all have a good night.

"If you're headed down a road, not pointed toward your ultimate destination - It doesn't matter how good the view is if it's not getting you where you want to go."
Old 06-09-2001, 09:30 PM   #9  
Thin Within

GERRI way to go at the market. I love a good deal and it sounds like you hit the jackpot of good deals. That is too sad about what happend to your son. I do believe in a case like that the hotel is surely supposed to make it good since it was obviously their mistake. But that does take time and your son needs the things probably quicker than the hotel can act. My heart goes out to him in this learning one of lifes hard lessons.

Maggie, still being OP in Tennessee
Old 06-10-2001, 10:29 AM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, good morning ladies! Rise and shine! It's sunny and Sunday here in Michigan. My guys have gone off to the Nascar race and of course the 'baby' is still in St. Louis. I'll pick him up from the airport later tonight.

Food has been pretty good all week. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow morning's WI.

Since I am spending the day by myself I'm having brunch in about an hour with female family members, I'll probably just do salad for dinner with fruit. That should keep me honest for tomorrow morning.

Well ladies, I have had a 'dawning' (you know, something just 'dawned' on me). Anyway, I have decided that I am playing a really stupid game with my WW program. This program is so good and I just pay my money and go to the meetings every week and then come home and go about my business. How stupid is that???? I have read 1/99th of the material they have passed out. I journal about 1/4 of the time. About half of the time when I go to restaurants I make good choices, the other half I order what I was accustomed to having before and then try to 'make up' for it the rest of the week. Even when I do make the good choices like fish or chicken, I don't cut a portion in half and take some home. Or when I do, I come home and eat it anyway. What in the world makes me think that I can lose this weight this way??? I would be better off just throwing money in a hole. The only thing it has gotten me this past year is a 'maintain' for the most part. I am soooo disgusted with myself for being so dumb!

Ok ladies! Now that I have been honest and got that all of my chest, I am ready to move on. I MUST journal. That is the ultimate road map to know that I am staying within the program. If I don't do that, I might just as well forget it. And I'm NOT going to forget it.

Soooooooooo, Monday is a new day, and the start of a new week and
I WILL get out my program materials and READ them,
I WILL journal faithfully,
I WILL drink my water (and keep track of it)
I WILL have 5 servings of fruits and/or vegetables (EVERY day),
And I WILL take this weight OFF!!!!!

Are ya with me???? Keep me honest now!!! You know me, I like to procrastinate, but I'm gonna DO IT this time!

Hope you all have a great Sunday. Love to all.

"We cannot become what we want to be by remaining the way we are."
Old 06-10-2001, 01:53 PM   #11  
Thin Within

GERI

Lets keep each other on the right track. We were dawning at the same time! I lift my ice water to you and wish you the best on this road to thin we are traveling.

Maggie sippin' and toastin' in Tennessee
Old 06-10-2001, 06:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

When I read your post Geri, I said "yup" been there done that through most of what you have written. I too have been dinking around with the program for a long time with only small success. My sister has already lost way more in two months than I have since last August. So why do we set ourselves up for failure? If we want it so badly then why is it so hard for us to stick with it? Questions I have pondered and never reached a conclusion. Only repeat the same pattern. So you've inspired me to do the same. Maybe together we can help each other stay the course. And keep that "focus" that Maggie attached. Loved that attachment. Need it emblazoned on my forehead. I have been not really OP much this week and have a thousand excuses for it. But it all boils down to putting other priorities first. Thanks Geri for being bold enough to post your awakening and your goals. I'm with you and Maggie and we can do this.

Have a good rest of Sunday.

Old 06-10-2001, 10:02 PM   #13  
Thin Within

TERRI

All three of us can do this! Let's stick together like glue and let nothing stop us nor get in our way. So you like that focus sign. E-mail me with your address if you will and I can e-mail it to you so you can print it out. I have that right in front of my eyes on my bulletin board. I am at [email protected].

Maggie being determined in Tennessee
Old 06-11-2001, 09:52 AM   #14  
Makin_it

THERE MUST BE SOMETHING IN THE AIR LADIES!

Reading your posts makes me take a long hard look at myself too! Although I've done very well, I still have 150 lbs to lose and the way I played around this weekend I will NEVER make it. Thoses old habits are trying their darnest to work themselves back into my life While, like the rest of you... I just slammed the door in their faces.
I have been faithful at journally since day one, but if I keep marking days down at 50 and 60 points or more, I will NEVER keep losing weight and reach my goal.
Lately it's eating the vegetables and tracking my water, somedays just drinking my water... and also eating by the points, which works well for me, has disappeared from my daily routine.

Here is my pledge......

I will make good choices and stay away from high point foods
I will weigh and measure my food, journal it correctly
I will track my carbs and water
I will drink my water every day
I will lose this weight for me
I will get back to the low end of my points range
I will start taking daily walks

Thanks for forcing me to review and rework my current slippage. We can do this together and with honesty to ourselves will all reach our goals!

Have a great OP day

Brenda

430/329.4/170 in 2002

Last edited by canadian; 06-11-2001 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-11-2001, 04:37 PM   #15  
Thin Within

GOOD AFTERNOON Countdowners

And now there are four of us in this together! Great. I went to WW this noon and my report is that I am down .6 ~ going in the right direction but I'd like to spead it up a bit.

Have a great OP day all of you.

Maggie enjoying ice water in 76 degrees in Tennessee

324.8|307.4|150

Last edited by Maggie; 06-14-2001 at 09:26 PM.
Closed Thread