Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 04:17 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Dead bananas

I have four of them. Usually I make banana bread but am not in the mood to do that. Any more suggestions? Can I freeze them for future smoothies? If I made banana pudding, nobody would eat. I hate to keep throwing them out, but need some ideas.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:49 PM   #2  
Haley

I peel mine, and put them in the freezer until I'm ready to use them for a smoothie.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:37 PM   #3  

Yes, they freeze just fine, but they'll darken a lot. Don't know whether that would put you off your smoothie or not.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:41 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

So the smoothie could be made with bananas and milk and maybe some pudding ... if they are dark though, maybe I could add the SF/FF Swiss Miss and I'd never notice the dark? I have some at work that I meant to bring home.

I'm not the smoothie type, but I think Judd might be. I should try it out on him first.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I peel, cut them in 1" chunks, and freeze them in a Glad bag (or whatever it's called) and have never had a darkening problem. I love smoothies so I throw them in a smoothie maker, usually with some strawberries and milk or yogurt. My favorite is using the WW chocolate smoothie mix with milk and adding some chocolate DaVinci syrup along with the frozen banana. I actually like my smoothies really thick, like soft ice cream.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:28 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

i use them in smoothies, too. the color doesn't show up dark in the smoothie. (i don't think. i haven't noticed it anyway)
Closed Thread