Old 07-15-2005, 03:54 PM   #1  

Default Back in Business (also posted in LWL)

Hi 100 Club,

I was here a couple of years ago. I lost 30 lbs. and had completely reversed my symptoms of PCOS (more about that in a minute). You all were so inspirational to me. I found this community quite helpful in my weightloss persuits. BAck then, my main goal was to get in shape for the arrival of the 2 children we were in the process of adopting. Well, I dropped out of here when our lives became deliciously hectic upon the arrival of said children (2 and 3 at the time). Then, 2 months later, an equally delicious "oops" occured ...pregnant (preemptive strike: "no, it really isn't all that common...it actually only happens 1/2 of 1% of the time and in our case, it wasn't because I 'relaxed'; it was because I had rid myself of PCOS through diet and exercise").

Well, our 3rd was born a year ago June. During regnancy, I gained the 30 I had lost, but I lost that pretty easily post-partum (props for breastfeeding here). Now, still at that original 30 pound down from highest weight, I am ready to lose some more.

I started formally exercising this week and discovered that I am not so young anymore. This is the first time ever that beginning an exercise program has been tough on the body (not just soreness, but achiness). It is an eye-opener as to how seriously important this is. I do not want to have to do this in 3 years when I am 40. In fact, what I would like to be doing the year I turn 40 is running my first marathon. I also do not want to pass my weight issues onto my children, all of whom are quite fit (even the one year old, who everyone remarks is so "skinny", looking at her mother as if to say, "So where's she get that from?" )

So I have returnd for further inspiration and look forward to reacquainting myself with everyone.

I am starting slowly -- this week and next, just cardio 3x per week (plus a dance class I take once a week). Then, I will add abs, which I really need after my unplanned c-section. Then, upper and lower body. I am hoping to challenge my metabolism this way, as well as start slowly in order to keep it up.

Good to be back,
Paula
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:13 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Hello!!! I remember you!!!! WoW...an addition of 3. How cool. What a life change. Congratulations.

And congratulations on coming back here to finish what you started.

Welcome Back!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:27 PM   #3  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Well hello, again, Paula! Clearly we are destined to continue to be nice to one another!

Thanks for your nice words over at LWL. I've found this little corner of the forum to be so incredibly, amazingly, unconditionally (throw in some other superlatives here if you feel like it!) supportive.....both through my weight loss and my visit to Planet Cancer. Just a ROCKIN' group of people!! So if support is what you're looking for, you'll find that it abounds here.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:20 PM   #4  

So feeling the love

Peace,
Paula
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:29 PM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Hi Paula glad you came back. Look forward to seeing you around.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote