South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 03:18 PM   #1  

Question Protein shake powders question

Hello chicklets!

I have been searching the internet all morning looking for my favorite soy protein shake mix by MetRx called Protein Plus Soy. It was low in carbs (had nutrasweet in it), 1g of fat, 1 g fiber, 25 g of heart healthy soy protein, plus alot of vits and minerals and calcium too. I finally called MetRx and found out that it has been discontinued. Grrrrr! I went to the GNC store and read labels and I can't find ANYthing that meets all my criteria. Apparently, aspartame is a bad thing to bodybuilders, so it's not in many of the protein shakes. I guess they need some sugars.

Does anyone know of a good no sugar soy protein shake mix? Or know of a site where I can get more info comparing products, maybe?

Please don't tell me how to make my own with eggs and peanut butter and yogurt. I need convenience for breakfast or else I just don't eat, which I know is a bad thing.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:20 PM   #2  

I don't know of any myself, but I was also wondering whether my low-carb Slimfast shake powders were alright...
Old 07-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #3  

Just bought some vanilla Aria protein powder from Trader Joe's and it's good, BUT it's not sweetened. I just pour a bit of the no-sugar vanilla syrup along w/ soy-milk and it's great! Hope this helps
Old 07-15-2005, 05:24 PM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

sugar is fructose 15g

check out this...http://www.royalbodycare.com/Products.aspx?ItemID=310
they also carry it in chocolate..

2g fat
4g fiber
17g soy/whey protein
also includes daily vitamins and minerals
sugar is fructose 15g
Old 07-15-2005, 06:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

I use a whey protein powder in mine....Designer Protein Powder in Vanilla Praline. I think this one has the best taste and have had it for years. It does have a lot of ingredients that I have no idea what they are but this powder was recommended by several trainers I've been to and a nutritionist I saw a few years ago.

INGREDIENTS: DESIGNER WHEY™ – FULL SPECTRUM WHEY PEPTIDES™ [MODIFIED MOLECULAR WEIGHT AND PARTIALLY PRE-DIGESTED (HYDROLYZED) WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, PDUF WHEY PROTEIN™ ISOLATE, WHEY GLUTAMINE PEPTIDES (INCL. NATURAL GLUTAMINE PEPTIDES), TAURINE, L-LEUCINE, L-PHENYLALANINE], WHEY MINERAL COMPLEX, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, LECITHIN, GLUTASYNTH™ (L-GLUTAMINE, OLIGOFRUCTOSE, GLUTAMINE PEPTIDES), ZINMAG-6 (MAGNESIUM OXIDE, MAGNESIUM ASPARTATE, ZINC ASPARTATE, PYRIDOXINE), PRALINE EXTRACT, CELLULOSE GUM, SALT, XANTHAN GUM, SODIUM ALGINATE, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, ANNATTO (FOR COLOR), SUCRALOSE, NATURAL VITAMIN E (AS MIXED TOCOPHEROLS), VANILLIN, LACTOPEROXIDASE.

ONE LEVEL SCOOP
FAT 1.5
SATURATED FAT 0.5
CALORIES 90
CARBS 2
SUGARS 2
PROTEIN 18
Old 07-15-2005, 06:12 PM   #6  

Just a thought... swim over to the Fitness Forum.. or PM Ilene the moderator of that room and ask her/them.... I Know some folks use myoflex that is featured on the Body for life website...
Closed Thread