WW Clubs and Groups - Slimmin' Sistas 7/15/05 FRIDAY!!! (insert happy dance here)

MistySeptember
07-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Good Mornin' All!

I hope nobody minds if I start a new thread. What a great group. I compiled a list of who we are, both from the old newbie board in WW general and those who followed us here. Do we want to post it? Or maybe every Monday's Thread that way it can be updated often, but not everyday b/c that could become tedious. Or is the whole thing just tedious? LOL If you want to post it and add in like a one line intro I think That would be cool. Like your name, where you are form, goal, and when you started on program

Well anyway, I just like little projects like that. Keeps my brain working.

~misty

MistySeptember
07-15-2005, 08:01 AM
:cb: :cb: :dance: :dance: :hat: :hat: :cp: Friday :cp: :hat: :hat: :dance: :dance: :cb: :cb:

Can you all Tell I am a little excited about Friday? It's been a long week. I am on a laundry strike b/c MONTHS ago my husband was supposed to create a new wall around my laundry area. ANd for moths I have been looking at 2 x 4s. So I am not doing another load of laundry until it's finished. Tehy drywall is up, and he put the mud on yesterday. He seems to call that done, I say done is when it's painted. So we'll see, he has about a week's worth of clothes, by Monday he'll be hurting LOL.

Amanda I will have to look for that bread. I didn't like the 1 point for 2 slice white bread I found, but this sounds much better.

Bev all that fruit makes me want to go get some of my own! We have about 8 blueberry bushes which will be full here in teh next couple days. I can't wait!

F&L :bravo: Avoiding Pizza and Cheesecake in one day, now that is something to celebrate.

Hippos hips :bravo: to you too. OMG I laughed out loud at your description of the little dancing pizzas! Like some crazy scene from Disney's Fantasia or Alice in Wonderland!! My husband asked if I was ok b/c I was laughing in here all by myself.

Good Luck with your weigh in Liz.! :balloons:

Lori and Izzy, OMG that looks so YUMMMMMM! I am so gonna try that this weekend!

Diva, feel free to use the avatar. I can make it a different color if you like. Not sure how to send you the file, but you can right click thsi one I think and use it in this color. But I'd be happy to change it if you'd like one that suits your favorite colors. That goes for anyone else who might like it.

Quite-Seems like you pulled yesterday back together despite the shakey morning at Natural Foods. Great Job :cheer:

Well off to put son down for his AM nap. The kid was up at 5:50 am...WHAT was he thinking? In any event, we're all sick. The kids I watch have colds and thus we all now have colds. It should be a fun weekend LOL!

See you at nap time:)
~misty

Calpurrnia
07-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Good morning everyone!! :)

Misty--I think it would be useful to have the names of everyone stuck to each Monday thread, plus one line about our goal weights, etc. We could even PM them to you, and then after next Monday's thread is posted, we could just copy that info and paste it into the following Monday's thread. Does that make sense? Lol...I haven't had breakfast yet, so I think I'm a little nonsensical right now, haha. And I love the happy Friday stuff! It was just what I needed to see after the bizarre dream I had last night, lol. It was all apocalyptic and weird. At one point, I dreamt I had a piece of fishing line stuck in my finger and couldn't find tweezers to pluck it out, lmao. When I woke up, I was even looking at my finger, expecting the fishing line to still be there. *shakes head* Weird dreams. But hooray for Friday!! :) WI is tomorrow...but it'll be okay. (I hope, lol.)

And oh my God, Lori and Izzy, that looks DELICIOUS! I was having some serious issues when I was that picture, lol. I haven't ever tried the Edy's No Sugar Added ice cream...how's it taste? The most I've ventured for low-fat was Edy's Slow-Churned ice cream, which tastes just like regular ice cream. But that particular kind is 3 points for only 1/2 cup, and it looks like this No Sugar Added is 2 points for 1 cup?? Doesn't take a genius to figure out which is better, haha. I'm going to go out on a limb tomorrow and try it. :)

Oh! I had a really great dessert last night, too! (Though I didn't take pictures...hehe.) I got a FF pudding cup (2 pts.) + 100 cal. graham crackers (2 pts.) + 1 tbsp. FF whipped cream (0 pts.) = 4 pts. It was like eating a chocolate pie. :) Though, to be honest, I think I should have used half a package of the graham crackers (like Lori and Izzy did for their 100 cal. pack of Chips Ahoy) because I had a mess on my hands--the graham crackers took over the pudding! Though, on some level, that was okay. ;) So, anyway, playing with dessert is fun! :) We've got such great options these days! I can't wait to try Lori and Izzy's, hehe.

Well, everyone, I've got a bit of a day lined up. Have to read another book, go to the gym, and go to the mall and beg for a new shoelace for the sports shoes I bought yesterday--Callie (my kitty) destroyed one of the laces (she tore it into three pieces...*sigh*). *shakes head*

Have wonderful Fridays, everyone!
~Amanda

AmyMCGS
07-15-2005, 09:52 AM
TGIF!

Misty~ Do you mind if we all copy your avatar? LOL. I just think it would be fun for us to all have the same "logo" in our posts for a while-- then we'll recognize each other on other threads.

Amanda~ It must have been a night for weird dreams. I dreamed that my MIL made me sing in front of a bunch of people (I can't carry a tune) by announcing my name and dragging me up in front of this group, and then got mad at me when I didn't know the song. And all the people in the crowd were there for various high school reunions-- some from my school, some I didn't know. It was really strange.

Today is an at-home day (I work PT). I've got to run to WalMart and the library, and DD and I will probably go to the YMCA later to swim. Otherwise, not a lot going on here.

I am eating breakfast as I surf this morning-- 2 eggs, toast, cheese, and tea. Lunch will either be tuna or a frozen 5pt dinner.

Happy Friday, everyone!

izzysgirl
07-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Good mornin' sistas! Yay Friday! Misty, I love your enthusiasm and the laundry strike is hilarious. It reminds me of a short story I read a while back, but I can't remember the name of it, or even who wrote it- Maybe you can help Cal? It's about a woman who is fed up with her husband for not finishing the remodeling jobs in the house so she moves into the barn. I hope it doesn't come to that Misty! :lol:

I didn't post my meals yesterday so you'll have to trust me that I stayed OP- My menu was so boring yesterday, mainly leftovers of stuff you've already seen me post. But I did exercise yesterday- YAY ME!

Cal, my WI is tomorrow too! I haven't had a set day for WI until now- I've been weighing everyday (shame on me) but it is making me crazy. For instance, I moved my slider to 198 and then have been consistently over that- 201, 202- today I'm at 199, so I'm hoping tomorrow it will be at least 198 so I don't have to move my slider back the other way!!! Lots of water and veggies for me today, and lots of exercise!!!

Have a great day everybody!

MistySeptember
07-15-2005, 10:49 AM
UGHHHH!! I'm STUFFED! I just had a ginormous breakfast. 4 slices Turkey Bacon, 4oz potato, 1/2 oz cheese, 1 egg, two egg whites in an omlet and a cup of grapes, plus a 16 oz of water and a cup of decaf coffee. I figured it to be 10 points. I don't usually eat so much at breakfast but it was 10 by the time I ate so I went for it figuring I would just eat a light lunch.

So anyway, anybody can use the avatar that wants to. I can change the colors of it if you want different colors.

I think I read that short story in college Lori. Maybe it was when I did my student teaching. It sounds very familar. Maybe I should do that LOL! For three years I had a new carpet in the hallway all rolled up to be installed in my bedroom. Now the bedroom has carpet EXCEPT a two foot section across one entire wall, it's been two years. For three years only three boards on my front porch have been screwed down. If you step anywhere but on the three boards it looks like a scene from the Three Stooges. It's to the point of being a running joke on my side of the family. I could easily screw down theboards, but I won't b/c it's a matter of principle :D

Here's a question. I have a fatfree creamer I use in my coffee. 1 Tablespoon is 15 cals. So it's zero points. But what if I use 2T, still 0 or 1? What if I drink a cup now with only 1T and then trun right around and drink a second cup with only 1T, count both as 0 or combine them as 1?

~misty

izzywas
07-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Happy Friday sista's! TGIF!!! :D It been a busy work week, but I've stayed positive all week! ( even with my ex :devil: husband popping into my dreams everynight again, nightmares I should say!)

I'm having a good morning. I woke up ealy again, this keeps happening!
I have always had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, and now I am waking up before the alarm goes off! Maybe it's because I FEEL better and have more ENERGY than I have ever had! I guess that shows me why eating more healthy is GOOD for more than just my waist!

I also curled my hair and put make up on today, this is something that hardly EVER happens anymore! I actually feel a little on the pretty side today! :flow1:

Somebody is testing my willpower today, there are 4, yes four boxes of donuts 4 feet from my cubicle. I think I'll eat my morning snack right now!!!
I Izzy will RESIST the evil donuts! :devil: :devil:
Ok, I have to go now. Have a great morning everbody!!!

~Izzy

Calpurrnia
07-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Resist the nasty, fatty, evildoing donuts, Izzy! They're EVIL, I tell you! Besides, you resist these nasty buggers, then you get to have another helping of that amazing dessert you and Lori discovered last night! :) Hehe...just keeping it into perspective for you. ;)

Lori--I don't think I ever read that story...though it sounds hilarious! It sounds American Lit., so that should narrow it down. I even want to venture into Southern American Lit., which makes me think of Flannery O'Connor, but that's probably not right, lol. You gave me a great idea for my WI tomorrow--drink more water today! Lol. I've been hopping on my scale every day this week (which I shouldn't do), and I swear I've either not lost any weight at all or I've gained a pound or my scale is lying to me (I prefer the latter, myself! ;)). Oh and more fruits and veggies today, too!

Misty--I would LOVE an avatar! Could you make it with light purples (lilac, lavender, that kind of thing), please? Oh, and also, I think I would start counting the creamer at the second tbsp. So just attribute 1 pt. to 2T. The worst that can happen is that it ends up being one point more than it actually is, right? :) Otherwise, maybe ask the meeting leader at your next WW meeting. :)

Well, ladies, I've procrastinated way too long this morning. Man...I usually go work out around 8 a.m. or so, and here it is 10 a.m.! Gah! So, I better run. :) Have a wonderful day everyone!

~Amanda

Lizzyg
07-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Well.... I did my weigh in....

I'm down to 257.4 :) I was worried for nothing. So I'm down like a pound and a half. Not too bad, considering I thought I was going to stay the same or go up :) Now I have to figure out and easy way to change my ticker factory ticker. I just had to go make a new one. The 3FC one is easier, you can just change the numbers.

Anyway, I will also have to try those desserts that every keeps posting, they look good!!

I haven't been listening to my music during my exercises during the week, and when I did it last night, I had my mp3 player going, and I worked out sooo much better. So I guess I'll have to remember to use it next week.

Misty - I hope you and your children feel better! Being sick sucks, and I hate it even more in the summer!

I like your idea with having our names and goals, and I think Calpurrina's idea about having it in the Monday thread is good too.

I hate cleaning, but I need to clean out the computer room. We are having the Cable guy come tomorrow to check out our cable internet, its sooo slow... but this room is a mess, and since its mine, my boyfriend asked if I could clean it up today... sigh... lol :lol: I guess I shouldn't have cleaned up our closet and bedroom last weekend... lol now he thinks I'll do that every weekend. But it was fun cleaning my closet, I saw how many clothes I actually have, and found a lot of things I want to fit into again.

Good luck with your WI Izzysgirl!!

~Liz

Lizzyg
07-15-2005, 11:08 AM
Misty, I'd love an avatar too :) Could you make one with different shades of pink for me please? :)

Thanks!!

~Liz

Freedom&Light
07-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi Sistas!

Why are so many of us tempted at work?! LOL! It's like a cafeteria all the time!

And oh my goodness, that dessert looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

I'm at work, and don't have a lot of time, but here's what I was thinking in ways of intros...feel free to edit! :D

Name: Freedom&Light
WI Day: Saturday
Highest weight: 345
Weight when started WW: 330
Current weight: 330
10% goal: 297 or 33 pounds
Long term goal: 145 ish or so
Plan: Flex
Job: Social worker at a nursing home

Is there anything we want to add or take away?

Have a great Friday, Sistas! I have to work tomorrow, too, but I'll post my WI results.

MistySeptember
07-15-2005, 11:19 AM
LIZ-I'm right there with ya sista...I have to clean my computer room today too!! But I have to do it so I can find some bills burried in this huge pile.

Our cable internet is soo slow too, we complained and complained and they keep sending techs out, who tell us it's working. But if you show them a speed test on a sight like internet frog they are like "OH! Well we don't know how to fix that." These techs didn't even know that Adelphia had their own speed test site. Their job is to just make sure we have a connection.

What the people on the phone didn't realize is my husband is a network engeneer who works for the company once owned by the cable company. It's now it's own telecommunications company that provides huge information pipes to other companies. So they are talking to someone who knows thier stuff and the inner workings of ISPs. We got a call from like a VP or something saying it would be fixed and there was an internal problem with the network. They were supposed to correct our bill b/c we pay for high speed but are only getting slightly better than dial up. SO then they charged us $200!!!!!!! Plus, the inetrnet is still slow. Yeah my husband is FUMING!! It's a big mess!

The lady I babysit for is tech support for the cable inetrnet company. She is supposed to just make sure it's on and then pretty much blow off any other problems. I think within the inner workings they KNOW it's not working and are still charging people for highspeed. Most people wouldn't notic ethe difference, b/c somedays it is fast erthan dial up. My neighbor works in accounting in the cable company and didn't know hers was slow.

Ok I am procrastinating. I really did come in here to clean LOL

~misty

Quite-a-Handful
07-15-2005, 11:28 AM
A good friend of mine and her daughter started South Beach on Wednesday. Today is Friday, and she has lost 4 pounds, while her daughter has lost 3. In two days, my friend has lost more than half of what I have lost in three weeks on WW. Plus, they're always pleasantly full; they never have to count or weigh or measure; and they're eating meat and eggs and cheese - the full fat version. I'm very happy for them, I really am. But I'm still thinking why the **** am I doing it this way when apparently SB is so much easier and faster. Sorry for the vent, girls. Hadda do it. I swear I'm not normally the petty, jealous type! :(

Freedom&Light
07-15-2005, 11:31 AM
That's ok, Quite! (((HUGS))) I totally get jealous of the "fantastic results" on stuff like Atkins- but I feel like crap if I try them. Seriously, I get migraines and can't function for the first week or two.

I would rather just adjust how much I am eating of my regular stuff. :) It's more livable for me.

But, you could try the Core plan for a week or so- it's almost the same thing.

(((HUGS)))

hippohips
07-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Here's a question. I have a fatfree creamer I use in my coffee. 1 Tablespoon is 15 cals. So it's zero points. But what if I use 2T, still 0 or 1? What if I drink a cup now with only 1T and then trun right around and drink a second cup with only 1T, count both as 0 or combine them as 1?

~misty

I use my points to the tenths (so like 0.3, 1.4 et cetera) so it works out the same way. I love the logic, though. hehe

In two days, my friend has lost more than half of what I have lost in three weeks on WW. I swear I'm not normally the petty, jealous type! :(

Well, most likely she will be the jealous one in a few months when she gets a taste of sugar again and gains it all back. :lol: I mean, I hope she does not but anyone who grew up on carbs (as most of us did) has a really hard time sticking to just protein-type things. Anytime you are counting points for cereal or mousse or bread just remember that jealousy is a relative thing. ;) A thing I love about WW is that you can have anything you want. . .you might have to wait until tomorrow or you might have to spread it out over a few days lol, but you -know- that there is always tomorrow for cheesecake. :smug:

My day has been great already-just feels like a Friday so that is good. I woke up on time and went to get another free pancake breakfast. Just so low on cash right now I figured this time I would eat half and freeze half. This one was about a 20 minute walk away so I was glad that I would get the exercise as well. Well, I took the "skyway" system here (indoor walkways) and got there in 20 minutes but the line was so long I decided bah. Was not hungry at that point and the endorphines did not want me to stand in line for an hour heh. I got terribly lost on the way home and it ended up taking me an hour. So, lots of walking exercise. I really love my mp3 player. . .just motivates me so much especially to walk faster and to the beat. Anyway, feels great to get exercise in early and I was just amazed by the walkway system. I thought it was just to keep people out of the rain, but there are not sidewalks so there are no sidewalk crates (everything is nicely carpeted and appropriately angled). No smoking or cigarette butts. No cars. No panhandlers. No waiting for the signal. Et cetera. Just great. I also figured that it would be less safe, but it is much safer and there are cameras all over the place and shops and offices that are -right- there. Not to mention all the coffee shops and juice bars on the way. I definitely could get used to that. I am hoping Monday I will get up and have the urge to make it a habit. I just wish I had better shoes. . .my feet just ache. Hope everyone else is having a good Friday!

Lizzyg
07-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Misty, my favorite is when they ask if you've unplugged it and waited 30 seconds and then plugged it back in. Its been really bad this week, its been so slow, that we've been barely at dial up speeds. And we're paying $45 a month for this! I'm going to have to bug for some sort of credit on our account, because I'm not going to pay that much a month, and then be slower than dial up.

We've done modem tests this week too, and compared them to what we've had in the past, and its soooo much slower. I hate that our cable is in my name, so I'm the one who has to call them and complain about it, and while I know a little about computers and stuff, my boyfriend knows a whole lot more, and understands it better than I do... but I'm the one who has to deal with the stupid support techs.

Quite, Hopefully this will come across like I want it to, and not piss you off :) I know in the past, I was always saying "I really don't eat that bad, why am I gaining all this weight" and its because I wasn't owning up to what I was really eating, and how much I was eating. When I started back up with WW that was one of my goals, to be honest with myself and count ALL points, even on the days I go way over. Because if I didn't, I know I would fail. Look back over your menus since you've started... see how many days that you actually followed the plan and stayed within your points. If you really were honest and stayed with in the points, then I can totally understand why you are frustrated and upset that your friends are loosing and you aren't. But if you notice that there are more days you went over, or didn't count, then maybe you should re assess what you're doing, and either re commit to following WW or think about changing to a different plan that you can stick to. Also look at the foods you are eating. For me, in the past, when I tried this, I wouldn't change the foods I was eating. I still had chips and cookies and all of that, then I'd be hungry at the end of the day because I wasted my points on small amounts of food... if that makes sense. I notice on the weeks where I have fruit and veggies in the house and eat that, and use points on those types of food, I feel more full and less hungry. I like with WW that you can still have those foods, but you still have to change how you eat, otherwise you're going to be hungry all the time, and be more prone to cheating. Like this week has sucked because I don't have any of those things in the house (cant go grocery shopping until Wednesday) and I've been hungrier and have been tempted to just take a break this week, and go back next week... but I didn't allow myself to do that. Because I want to succeed this time.

I hope I didn't piss you off or anything, or come across as a know it all... cause I don't!! :) Its just that this time, I want it to be different for me, and having that sort of mind set I tried to explain above is helping me sooo much.
((((hugs))) because I sooo understand that jealousy and frustration!

~Liz

Quite-a-Handful
07-15-2005, 12:02 PM
That's ok, Quite! (((HUGS))) I totally get jealous of the "fantastic results" on stuff like Atkins- but I feel like crap if I try them. Seriously, I get migraines and can't function for the first week or two.

I would rather just adjust how much I am eating of my regular stuff. :) It's more livable for me.

But, you could try the Core plan for a week or so- it's almost the same thing.

(((HUGS)))

Thanks you so much for the reminder, Frances. I chose not to do the core plan because it would rely too heavily of me knowing when to stop eating! The same is exactly true for SB and Atkins. I would eat all that stuff and eat way too much of it because 've lost that all-important innate sense of stopping when you're satisfied rather than when you're stuffed to the gills. Thanks, I needed that!

Quite-a-Handful
07-15-2005, 12:08 PM
For our intro area:

Name: Quite-a-Handful (I might change this soon though)
Highest weight: 267
Weight when started WW: 263
Current weight: 255.5
10% goal: 236.7 or 26.3 pounds
Long term goal: 145 ish or so
Job: Editor for a national trade magazine; freelance writer

Freedom&Light
07-15-2005, 12:27 PM
I chose not to do the core plan because it would rely too heavily of me knowing when to stop eating!

That's why I do Flex, too. :D I would just eat and eat and eat...I actually, at this point, kind of like the feelings of full and hungry! :)

And I love your name- Maggie is always the name I wanted...it's so cute and girly. :)

izzywas
07-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Name: Izzywas
WI Day: Saturday morning after I pee
Highest weight: 304
Weight when started WW: 304
Current weight: 281
10% goal: 273 or 31 pounds
Long term goal: 150 maybe?
Job: District Sales Manager for a Newspaper (I'm in charge of 12 towns worth of carriers)

Diva_at_40
07-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Afternoon, Sistas! I'm going to have to respond to everyone's individual stuff when I get home (didn't realize our thread would be so huge already today!), but Misty, I would LOVE one of your avatars in shades of blue, please!!!

oooh, won't we be stylin on our board?

as for the posting of goals, etc., the South Beach board does something cool. Each month they post one sticky with a list of everyone's goals in exercise and in weight loss. Maybe we could do something like that? then at the end of the month everyone can report how well they did in reaching their goal, etc.

and i was thinking instead of having a list of everyone's names each week, why not make a sticky of a list of our "members" and then if someone wants to be added or removed, they can just post as a note to the sticky so the original author can remove them? maybe we can have one person in charge of that or something?

gotta get back to work! hugs!

izzysgirl
07-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Just got back from swimming for what must have been an hour! I feel GREAT!! I swam really far out and back twice- big accomplishment for me, because I'm not much of a swimmer! I also used my son's power rangers kickboard and that was FUN! Made the water aerobics easier too with something to use for more balance. I can't wait to get to a real pool so I can do some of the moves holding on to the wall. Can anyone point me in the direction of a site that has good info on water aerobics? I'd like to try some more- I love it!

Ok, but I stink really bad after swimming at the lake. Really, it's more of a pond, it is called Hiniker Pond and it is an old gravel pit. Anyway, last night after swimming Lisa and I washed our suits in a small load and now everything in that load smells like the pit. YUK. So what should I do? Add vinegar to the water? Will that help?

I have to eat lunch now because I'm starving! Be strong, ladies!

hippohips
07-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Name: HippoHips
WI Day: I weigh in daily to keep myself focused and then do an average each Saturday
Highest weight: 180
Weight when started WW this time: 178
Current weight: 167 (woo!)
July 31 goal: 165 pounds
Long term goal: 125-135
Plan: Basic Points
Job: Telemarketing (yick)

Does anyone know how many points Quik mix is? The nutrition information says per 25 or maybe 28 g. I do not know of or have a way to measure that. :-/

izzysgirl
07-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Oh, whoops! I forgot my intro information...

Name: Izzysgirl (I might change mine too, just to avoid confusion with Izzywas, but I'll let you know when I do)
Highest weight: 212
Weight when started WW: 212
Current weight: 198?
10% goal: 191
Long term goal: 125 (unless that is too skinny-we'll see)
Job: Grad student/English instructor

Quite-a-Handful
07-15-2005, 01:02 PM
as for the posting of goals, etc., the South Beach board does something cool. Each month they post one sticky with a list of everyone's goals in exercise and in weight loss. Maybe we could do something like that? then at the end of the month everyone can report how well they did in reaching their goal, etc.

and i was thinking instead of having a list of everyone's names each week, why not make a sticky of a list of our "members" and then if someone wants to be added or removed, they can just post as a note to the sticky so the original author can remove them? maybe we can have one person in charge of that or something?

These are great ideas, Diva. But I think we need to have someone (a moderator, i suppose) create the Slimmin' Sistas area under the "Groups and Clubs" section. Otherwise, we'll just be posting a bunch of different unconnected threads. I'm going to try to find out how to do this.

Quite-a-Handful
07-15-2005, 01:10 PM
POSTED TO THE ANNOUNCEMENTS AND FORUM HELP SECTION ON THE MAIN BOARD:

Yoo hoo... powers that be! The Slimmin' Sistas are a group of WW newbies who have banned together for support. Can we have a Slimmin' Sistas thread started for us under the WW Groups and Clubs section so that we can start various threads within our group? Right now, we have just one thread a day going under the Other Groups and Clubs section. Info, please? Thank you!

Lizzyg
07-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I think it would be good if we had an actual board for the Slimmin' Sista's with a moderator. I am not sure how to go about doing that either. I used to mod a few boards on a message board that used this same system, so I'd be willing to help out in anyway that I can :)

Here is my intro

Name: Lizzyg
WI Day: Friday or Saturday (it depends on if I work on Friday)
Highest weight: 270
Weight when started WW: 270
Current weight: 257.4
10% goal: I don't have one! :)
Long term goal: Right now its 200 lbs. I, at one point, was down to 175ish, so I may decide that when I get to 200, I'll either stay at that or get down to 175.
Plan: Winning Points
Job: Dental Assistant who is working as a dental receptionist :)

Calpurrnia
07-15-2005, 01:35 PM
A good friend of mine and her daughter started South Beach on Wednesday. Today is Friday, and she has lost 4 pounds, while her daughter has lost 3. In two days, my friend has lost more than half of what I have lost in three weeks on WW. Plus, they're always pleasantly full; they never have to count or weigh or measure; and they're eating meat and eggs and cheese - the full fat version. I'm very happy for them, I really am. But I'm still thinking why the **** am I doing it this way when apparently SB is so much easier and faster.

Oh God, Quite, let me tell you (and our lovely sistas here) a little story. *a-hem* :soap: A story about a 21-yo girl in her junior year of college, who weighed 190 lbs and felt fat fat FAT all the time. She did Atkins for a few months, even after her grandmother died four days after Christmas; she kept to the diet. She went from 190 to 160. From a size 16 to a size 12. She was pretty well thrilled. And then summer came. And she took a few cheating days, you know...she figured she could handle a couple of carbs here and a couple there. Until she found herself eating ENTIRE bags of chips in one sitting and ENTIRE bags of Family-Sized Reese's pb miniatures in one sitting (this was a whole meal + dessert to her). Not only did she gain those 30 pounds she initially lost, but then she continued to balloon up to 211. She had heard all along the stories of people who cheated on the diet and gained back every single pound plus some, but she figured it wouldn't happen to her. No, not her. She was good, plus bad things like that couldn't touch her--she was young afterall.

Today, that girl is 23, and has finally shaken loose 2 of those 211 pounds, and all because she did a week of WW. She expects the weight loss to take longer, but she also knows it'll stay off because of the good habits WW will teach her, but which Atkins didn't. If it's not obvious by now (:D), that girl is me, and I am so proud of myself for getting out of the low-carb trap.

It's so attractive! Eat your WEIGHT in meat and eggs and hard cheeses and still lose pounds! Woo hoo! But what it does is shake your body's energy source up. And once your body becomes accustomed to the new energy source, then what? Then you'll start gaining weight because you're eating five steaks a day, smothered in melted cheddar cheese. You haven't learned moderation. You haven't taught your body which kinds of carbs are good and which are bad. You haven't taught your body which fats to keep and which to flush.

SB claims to offer better examples and lessons than Atkins did...sort of filling in the gaps. And it works for some people. But you have to realize that they don't have a very essential element that WW offers: weekly meetings. With these meetings, we get a sense of stability and routine. We know what to expect and when.

Dropping those pounds in so few days may seem thrilling to outsiders, but the truth is it's not reliable. You won't always lose 4 pounds in three days. Sometimes you'll lose only half a pound. At least WW is more consistent and teaches you things along the way. WW it something that you can come back to, even after you've left, and something that's extremely reliable.

Don't lose hope, sista! You will lose your weight. Don't worry about how fast or slow other people are losing theirs. You're not in a competition with them (even if they try to initiate a sense of competition in you). Don't give them that pleasure.

The only person you are competing against is you.

*big big BIG hug* You're going to do this!

~Amanda

P.S. Read my signature sometime. ;) I take those words seriously to heart.

Calpurrnia
07-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Hehe...it apparently took me forever to write that...there were so many posts that weren't there when I started, haha!

Well, here's my info! (Also, Quite, thanks a bunch for yoo-hooing to the powers that be! I hope they get us a moderator! ;))

Name: Calpurrnia
Highest weight: 211
Weight when started WW: 211
Current weight: 209
10% goal: 21% (190)
Long term goal: 135...*sigh*...back when I was 135, I actually thought I was hideously obese. And now I see those pictures and think, "What an adorable, curvy body I had!"
Plan: Flex Points
Job: Full-time English Master's student (pursuing degree from Auburn University); teach 2 first-level composition courses.

izzywas
07-15-2005, 03:17 PM
It is exactly 50 steps one way to the toilet from my desk here at work. I figure I pee at least 5 times a day here, at least!. Thats 500 steps JUST going potty! :dancer: It's the potty dance! YIPPEE FOR FRIDAYS!

Okay, here's my food for the day...

Friday July 15,2005

B-Honey Bunches of Oats cereal 2p
1 cup 1% milk 2p
1 cup Light OJ 1p

S-Natural whole almonds 4p

L-6 inch ham/turkey sub from Subway 6p
1 packet light mayo 1p
Baked chips 2p
Diet Rite ZERO

S-100 calorie pack Chips Ahoy 2p

D- 4 oz chicken breast 4p
1 slice ham lunchmeat 1/2 p
1 laughing cow cheese wedge 1p
Shake n' Bake 1/2p
Green beans ZERO
small baked potato 1p
FF sourcream 1p
Butter soray ZERO
1 cup 1% milk 2p

S-1 cup FF icecream 2p
FF coolwhip ZERO

TOTAL 32 POINTS

luflic
07-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Hello I am excited and would love to join you guys. I voted for the name slimmin sistas so I like that. You will have to explain to me how to put the cool logo on. I am not a techie.

Luflic means beloved in Old English I see we have some teachers here I am a teacher not working now.

I have been on program for five weeks. I think WW is the way to go. I agree with prior post of SB gain the weight back. I have lost and regained the same thirty pounds so many times. I want to do it right and never regain. I have made this my priority now. My head is on right for the time being and would love to see it stay there. I have been married for thirty three years and we have two married daughters no grandbabies yet. Our daughter that lives out of state is coming to visit and I just returned from the store and this is truly a first I bought all healthy food nothing I shouldn't eat. Which normally I do so this is a huge victory for me. Yippee Skippee
Thanks for letting me be a sista one wanting to be slim :)

izzywas
07-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Welcome Luflic! :wave:

~Izzy , one of your new Sista's!

MistySeptember
07-15-2005, 03:30 PM
HEllo all!

This is the message I sent to the Moderator:

Hi there! Some of relatively new girls have started a thread under the name Slimmin' Sistas in the WW Groups and Clubs, Other Groups and Clubs Sub forum. We were wondering what we had to do in order to either
1)Get our own sub forum so we can run multiple threads in an organized manner and have a sticky on an intro thread.

or 2)just get at least a sticky on an intro thread within the forum we are currently occupying.

Any information would be fabulous:) Perhaps you can send us in the right direction. We have a fabulous group and would like to get organized :)
thanks ~misty

luflic
07-15-2005, 03:49 PM
I thought I posted her already and it isn't here? I want to join you ladies hopefully I will figure out how. Amanda great encouragement! I love that about you ladies. I have been on so many diets I don't like to talk about this with people I know because I don't want to fail yet again!

luflic
07-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks Izzy I am an only child so I love all these sistas :)

MistySeptember
07-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Hope you guys don't mind me going ahead and messaging the Moderator. I will create a new thread of intros. Diva I had thought of the same thing you did this afternoon, I was just about to post that idea when I read yours. Great minds think alike!

Welcome Luflic!! I think, and I may be wrong but that you can right click my avatar and choose save as. Then just choose that file when you are in the edit avatar window. If you want a different color I'm not sure how I can send you the file. Does any one know?

Izzy You crack me up!!

Amanda-I thought I was the only one with that skewed perspective. I thought I was soooo HUGE. Good grief. Well let me tell ya, not anymore!

Quite- I hear ya. I admit I know little about SB except that you are supposed to avoid processed stuff eat as whole as you can, no limits on fat and such. Well my AUnt lost alot on WW not sure the exact number, hit a plateau and switched to SB to reach her goal. But she found that it was not sustainable. She went back to WW for her maintence. Also my Uncle lost a ton on Attkins eating cheese, eggs, bacon. Guess what he had a heart attack. Yeah he had high chloesterol and high blood pressure, so he was in a high riskf or a heart attack anyway. But do you really think all that cheese bacon and eggs had NOTHING to do with it? To use your points wiseley and to get the most for your points it's better, at least for me, to choose those less processed things just like SB, Dr. Phil, Oprah, The FrenchDiet, and all those otehr whole foods eating plans. But I feel that WW also allows for real life.

Slow and steady wins the race. You are doing a great job! You are going to succeed!

GREAT JOB LIZZY :cp: See you did better than you thought!

Sounds like you are having a great day Hippo:)

Great Job on the swimming Lori. Try running teh suits through the rinse cycle or just rinsing them in the sink first, before washing them with other stuff. That's what we used to do with our stuff from Lake Erie. But that stuff didn't smell too bad, or maybe it did and we didn't notice b/c ALL the water smelled like that LOL.

Well I'm off to make some avatars and and intro thread:)
~misty

Quite-a-Handful
07-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Our daughter that lives out of state is coming to visit and I just returned from the store and this is truly a first I bought all healthy food nothing I shouldn't eat. Which normally I do so this is a huge victory for me. Yippee Skippee

Yippee Skippee! That deserves a dancing banana! :cb: Welcome, luflic!

Bev in WI
07-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Just got home from work and thought I'd check in ... man you guys have been a busy bunch!

Misty -- I laughed so hard when I read about your laundry strike! Way to go girl ... you know living in the barn might not be so bad. Just think how peaceful & quiet it would be.

Amanda -- sure can relate to the cat eating the shoelace. I have a new 5 month old pup ... need I say more? Ended up paying a $5 fine at the library last time because he decided he wanted some higher learning and ate the corner off a cover!

Hippo -- I wish I had your skyway. Sure sounds like a great place to get out and just walk.

Quite -- No you're not being petty and jealous. It is frustrating to lose more slowly than a friend. But it is true that the slower it comes off the easier it is to keep it off. I know I can't do anything that limits fruit and vegs, and I also know that it was meat and cheese that put this layer of lard on my butt. I'm like you and my body just doesn't understand "full/satisfied". And after almost 14 weeks I am starting to feel full after I've eaten. So maybe this old dog is learning a few new tricks!

Lisa -- Loved your post about having more energy and wearing makeup, curling your hair and feeling pretty. I know a lot of this is in my head, but I really believe that I do feel so much different when I eat the way I should. It has to make a difference in your blood at least. I have even started manicuring my fingernails ... and I admire those babies several times every day! Vanity, but hey it's okay.

Luflic -- way to go on the grocery shopping. And just think, anyone who eats at your house will be healthier for it!

Catch you guys later ... have to go water plants. Seems like rain is just a fond memory in this area ...
Bev

MistySeptember
07-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Ok I've created .Jpg's of the avatars. I hope you like them, if not let me know I can change them. I am attaching the files to this post, they have your name on them. so lets see if it works :crossed: So in theory you should be able to click on it, and right click it and save it. Then just choose that file when you change your avatar. Let me know if it works

~misty

izzywas
07-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Print this if you can and hang it where you can read it from time to time. I have gotton in the habbit of reading it everyday.
I found it on somebody's weight loss site awhile back, not sure which one.
I did NOT write this.

Don't Quit

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down
and you feel like the biggest failure in town;
When you want to give up just because you gave in
and forget all about being healthy and thin;
So what! You went over your points a bit;
It's your next move that counts...so don't you quit!

It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change;
It's learning the skills to get back in your range;
It's telling yourself "You've done great up till now;
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow".
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal;
You're still going to make it, just stay in control.

To stumble and fall is not a disgrace
If you summon the will to get back in the race;
But, often the struggler's when losing their grip
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip;
And learn too late when the damage is done
That the race wasn't over and they still could have won.

Life-style change can be akward and slow
But facing each challenge will help you to grow;
Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint in the cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit;
If you bite it, write it...But don't you quit!

Lizzyg
07-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Thank you for the avatar!! :) I love it!!

I've been doing ok today. My days off of work always seem to be my problem days, but today hasn't been too bad. I've eaten breakfast and lunch, and thats it. I'm cooking dinner right now, so hopefully I wont over eat there, and then I'll post my menu. I'm going to try and save some points tonight to at least have a snack of some sort later. We're having a tuna helper thing, and I'm making it lower fat by using skim milk, light margarine (5 g of fat per tbl spoon) and using only 1.5 tbl spoon of it instead of the 3 it calls for. The only problem I have is putting a points value on it. When you make like they say to, its around 6 points, so since I'm using lower fat ingredients I'll just put it at 5... does that sound about right??

I didn't exercise today, but I wanted to give my body a day off (since I use weights in my workout), but plan on working out Saturday and Sunday.

I am right now, wearing a pair of pants I could barely button and zip a few weeks ago. They are still a little tight, and I probably wouldn't wear them out of the apartment, but since I'm just staying at home, I put them on :) It feels sooooo good to have them on! They are a cute pair of jean capris, and my boyfriend said I was looking good :) and that he was so proud of me. I also put on make up and did my hair a bit, and that always makes me feel pretty :) The pants are a size 20, but they are from Old Navy Outlet, so lol who knows exactly what size they really are ;) But my size 22 shorts are a little big and don't look that great on me. And even though my capris are tight, they look better on me than the shorts.

Thanks for that poem Izzywas! I really like it, and will probably print it out.

Bev, my puppy chews on my books too. He's destroyed a couple of them, but he's so darn cute I cant get mad at him! He's almost a year old now.

Hope everyone had a great day!!

~Liz

AmyMCGS
07-15-2005, 05:09 PM
I am getting a lot done today-- 3 loads of laundry, took DD and I swimming, menu planned and prepped for supper, worked out some more WW points calculations, went to WalMart (and didn't buy anything not on my list!), went to the library... and now I'm playing online while my DD naps. Oh, and I've stayed totally on my program today so far, with plans to try two WW recipes for supper tonight. So I should be in good shape points-wise today.

AmyMCGS
07-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Oh, and thanks, Misty, for the avatar pictures! I copied, as you can see, the purple one-- although if everyone wants their own color or something, let me know and I'll remove it. ;)

MistySeptember
07-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi there. You guys are welcome I had fun making them. As you can see I was playing with mine too :)

Ok well I don't have time to post my meals and not sure if I will get back online tonight. But I have 10 points left for dinner, plus all my flex. I made chicken, mahsed potatoes and stuffing for lunch so I am in NO mood to cook dinner in this heat. We are gonna go grab something. But there is a carnival in one town and a balloon rally in another. I want to avoid the carnival, especially b/c we will be going to the balloon launch tomarrow night so I know we will eat out. I am thinking of letting my husband get the cheese steak he wants and picking up something fun yet sensible at the grocery store for myself. Something I can microwave preferably. I am definatley picking up "fixins' " (that word cracks me up) for the choc. graham cracker dessert and the chips ahoy sundae!! Wish me luck!

~misty Have a great night if I don't make it back tonight :)

MaggieShines
07-15-2005, 06:40 PM
It's Quite-A-Handful, with my new name! Closer to my real name, anyway.

MaggieShines
07-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Now how do I get the posts to appear with the newest one at the top instead of the bottom?! :dizzy:

MaggieShines
07-15-2005, 07:02 PM
Hee hee.. I also have a new profile pic, from our cruise to Bermuda in May. I hope to look a whole lot better on next year's vacation! :beach:

Diva_at_40
07-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Hello, Everyone! Thank you so much for the avatar, Misty! I saved all of them so I can change the color with my mood ;)

Can I just tell you how excited I am to be part of the Slimmin Sistas group? I am feeling very blessed to have found all of you knowing that you REALLY know and understand what I am currently feeling and going through with my weight battle.

Thank you so much for posting that poem, Don't Quit! I'm going to print it out and keep it at work, in my bathroom, in the kitchen, and on my mirror in my bedroom.

I have my first weigh in in the morning and I am really excited! I will be crushed if I didn't lose at least 2 pounds my first week, but either way I will be sure to post my results here. I know ya'll will be here to cheer me on regardless!

I hope you are having a great night!

MaggieShines
07-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Whew... another Weigh-In Eve almost over! LOL. Meeting is at 10 tomorrow. I managed to stay OP today. For some reason, Fridays are so hard. I think it's the pressure of the wi.

Anyway -- here's for today:

B: coffee with creamer -- 1
cheerios -- 3
2 cps ff milk -- 4

L: WaWa Chef Salad -- 4
FF dressing -- 1

S: Apple dipper -- 4
Slice of rye with Brummel & Brown -- 3

D: Soup -- 1
1 egg -- 2
1 slice bread -- 2
Mayo -- 2
Tomato -- 0

S: Yogurt -- 2

Grand total: 29

But the big news is that I went to the gym for the first time in ages tonight. I didn't do a whole lot; I have to ease back into it. Swam a while, did some water weights, treadmill at easy pace for 20 minutes. It was something. I sat in the steam room for all of 30 seconds; I hated it! Couldn't breathe at all.

Aileen, I know exactly how you feel about feeling blessed to have found this group. It's like a little miracle that we all came together like this. I feel blessed, as well.

Have a great night, everyone! And to all my fellow Saturday weigh-in-ers, best of luck!

hippohips
07-15-2005, 09:46 PM
I had a total of 117 minutes of walking today! =-o I am proud of myself. . .did not get tired at all (during!) but know that it will still help. I had a phone interview today for a job that I am really hoping to get. Will know Monday if I make it to the interview stage. This has been a long process. . .first the resume sending then a general questionaire then a 2 hour training session now a phone interview and possibly a real interview. It is just as icky a job as I have now, but the pay is about 75% higher! =-o Someone cross their fingers for me heh. They said I will be called if selected, e-mailed if rejected. :-p Will try not to think about it until Monday.

It is so weird that on days with lots of exercise I am not hungry at all. . .you would think it would be the other way around. Always surprises me!

MaggieShines
07-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Someone cross their fingers for me heh.

Sending excellent vibes your way, HH! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Calpurrnia
07-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Hi ladies! First, I'm really excited we have our own thread! Second, I'm really excited I have a custom avatar! Hehe! Thanks Misty!! :) Third, welcome to all the new people! I'm so bad at names, so please bear with me as I get to know you guys. ;) Fourth...points time!

Breakfast:
--Cheerios: 3 pts.
Total: 3 pts.

Lunch:
--So. Beach turkey & ham wrap: 5 pts.
--Light BBQ chips: 1 pt.
--Right Bites Chips Deluxe: 2 pts.
Total: 8 pts.

Snack:
--1 cherry popsicle: 1 pt.
Total: 1 pt.

Dinner:
--Michalena's mac & cheese: 5 pts.
+ 1 tbsp. light margarine: 1 pt.
Total: 6 pts.

Dessert:
--Edy's Slow-Churned chocolate ice cream (1 c.): 6 pts.
+ 1 pkg. Right Bites Chips Deluxe: 2 pts.
Total: 8 pts.

Grand Total: 26 pts.

Tomorrow's WI #2, so I'm fairly nervous. I don't know if I'm going to see the same results that I saw last week (losing 2 pounds in the first week of WW) or if I'm going to see a gain or just no movement at all. So...I'm pretty nervous right now. I'm trying really hard not to let it get to me, but you guys are the sistas! So I can be honest with you: I'm shaking in my boots!! Gah. I'll be sure to let you know how my WI goes. *crosses fingers* I'm also planning on going to go see Charlie and the Choc. Factory with my sister tomorrow evening, and I've already decided I'm saving 10 points for an unsalted, small popcorn (I found it online, go figure! ;)). But I may not get it after all, if my WI is terrible...ugh. I'm not helping myself. *shakes head*

Okay. I'm going to go chill out in front of the television for a little while. Drink some water maybe. :)

Hope everyone had a great day!
~Amanda

P.S. I'm sorry if I didn't respond to any special notes that anyone may have left me. I'm honestly feeling kind of blah right now, but I promise to read the thread tomorrow when I get a chance. :) I'll catch up!

Bev in WI
07-15-2005, 11:01 PM
Just want to wish all the Saturday "weighers" good luck tomorrow.

Liz - doesn't it feel good to wear something that you haven't been able to wear for a while? Sometimes measurements are more important that that darned old number on the scale. Keep it up and you'll be buying a whole new wardrobe!

Hippo (I just hate to call you that!) - I have my fingers crossed big time! And 117 minutes of walking -- that's almost TWO HOURS. Had to feel really good.

Maggie - Good job on going to the gym.
I'm so glad it's the week-end ... although I don't have anything very exciting planned, but week-ends are always special.

Bev

MaggieShines
07-15-2005, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=Calpurrnia]I'm honestly feeling kind of blah right now, but I promise to read the thread tomorrow when I get a chance.[QUOTE]

Cal... I dare you to feel :blah: after THIS:

:D :dizzy: :p :beach: :smoking: :grouphug: :wave: :joker: :cb: :cp: :dance: :flow1: :bubbles: :flow2: :dancer: :dancer: :goodvibes :grouphug: :twirly: :balloons: :lucky: :df: :dance: :bubbles: :beach: :sunny: :crazy: :cheer: :cb: :dance: :rofl: :goodscale :grouphug: :cb: :goodluck: :coffee2: :beach: :lol3: :D :flow2: :flow1: :bubbles: :dance: :cb: :smoking: :spin: :wave: :grouphug: :D :rofl: :dizzy: :balloons:

Calpurrnia
07-16-2005, 12:14 AM
*giggles* Maggie...you crack me up! Thanks for that! :) I wasn't going to check until tomorrow but something said, "Eh, just go see one more time before bed." It was worth it! ;) Thanks! :D

Lizzyg
07-16-2005, 08:37 AM
Maggie - great job on going to the gym!! and great picture in your profile :)

Good Luck Calpurrnia with your WI! I'm sure it will be a good one! :)

Hippo - good luck with the job interview, sending good vibes your way!

Here is my boring menu for yesterday, I seriously cant wait to go grocery shopping.

Friday July 15, 2005

Breakfast
Oatmeal and milk 3 pts
2 slices of bread 2 pts
1 tbl spoon of butter 1 pt
Total 6 pts

Lunch
1 sandwich 7 pts (2 pieces of FF bread, 2 pieces of lunch meat, cup shredded cheese)
cup yogurt 1 pt
1 serving pretzels 2 pts
Total 10 pts

Dinner
2 cups of tuna helper 10 pts
Total 10 pts

Snack
2 pieces of toast 2 pts
1 tbl spoon of butter 1 pt
tbl spoon of jam - .5 pt

Total Points = 29.5

~Liz

luflic
07-16-2005, 01:35 PM
I am so excited I love the picture thanks so much! I feel like we are a real group. I appreciate the positive feedback. You ladies are wonderful! Have a great week end. Won't be back online until Monday because my girl and her hubby are here!!