Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 11:59 AM   #1  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Default Marinade - good or no?

I used good seasons italian dressing mix to marinate some pork chops. I was wondering if it was ok since it was a marinade or to skip it?

The first ingrediant is sugar but the nutritional info says <1g per serving. The kraft website is having an error so I can't copy the label here. There is no fat since it's a mix, you add your own oil, etc..

It says that prepared as directed, each serving (8servings) contains 14g fat (1.5g sat fat), 1g sugar.

Thanks
Old 07-13-2005, 04:53 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, I'd make a marinade from scratch rather than use that. The fat content is too high for a marinade or dressing. A gram of fat is 9 calories so one serving would be 126 calories from fat alone! Part of the fat is saturated fat which is best avoided in extras as we get enough sat fat in meat and eggs.
Just my opinion but was are supposed to be concentrating on unprocessed foods. I bet it's high in salt and contains cornstarch too.
Try olive oil, lemon juice or balsamic vinegar with Italian seasoning like garlic or and/or oregano.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:44 PM   #3  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Thanks!!

angela
Closed Thread