Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 12:40 AM   #1  

Default Bonus Points

I am following the WW plan where every ten minutes of activity over twenty minutes earns you a bonus point. Is this to be added to just the maximum or both the minimum and maximum? Usually it makes little or no difference, but today I have met my minimum but not my minimum if I add the points to it.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

That is a very, very old way to earn activitypoints aka bonus points and was not very accurate but you add it to the day's maximum and if you use them find if not they could be banked.

Now the program allows the points only to be used on the day earned and they are calculated based on intensity, time done and your current weight. If you don't have a slide rule you can use the following formulas:

These are unoffical formulas:

Light Activity (you can talk and sing):
Weight X Minutes X .000232 = Activity Points

Moderate Activity (you can talk but no sing):
Weight X Minutes X .000327 = Activity Points

High Activity (you need deep breaths to talk):
Weight X Minutes X .0008077 = Activity Points
Old 07-13-2005, 11:09 AM   #3  

Thanks, Kelly. I think I will adopt the new rule because my exercise is basic walking (and I not only can but usually do sing and talk to myself lol). I did show a gain today and so I knew something was off (usually I forgot to log something or did the wrong quantity or such). I just wish I had a digital scale with tenths. . .If my scale shows a loss of 2 pounds, it could be 1.0001 pounds and a gain of 1 pound might only be .02 pounds or such heh. Well, as long as it keeps going down does not matter terribly much. </blab> Thanks!
Closed Thread