Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 08:07 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Mid-week challenge

It sounds like we're a struggling bunch, so let's do something. Anyone have suggestions about a challenge we could do from now (okay, maybe tomorrow morning) until Sunday night? Then we'll start another challenge next Monday morning. We should really be diligent about doing it weekly so we have something else to keep us accountable. So here are some ideas:

1. Pick the one thing that is your trigger and stay away from it. Oh, did I hear someone say they think they need a beer every night after work?

2. Half our body weight in ounces of water. It varies of course, but it's supposed to be the guideline and is definitely something to shoot for.

3. At least 7,000 steps on a pedometer. They are pretty cheap at Walmart, I think I saw some for about $3 near the vitamins the other day. We could just clip them on first thing, and then compare at night. Most things I've seen say to aim for 10,000 but I'm giving us a break, at least for the first time. Actually on the step counting, we might need more notice to let people find or buy a pedometer. Come to think of it, I'm not sure where mine is.

4. Using no WPAs on any given day, eating strictly Core. Then we could shoot for two days in a row later, and three, etc. We could try a pattern like one day OP, one off, two OP, two off, two OP, one off, etc.

5. Eating a fruit or vegetable at each meal and snack, so that would be a minimum of 5 a day.

6. Eating every 3 hours.

Just a few ideas ... any more?
Old 07-12-2005, 08:43 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm thinking! Forget the half the body weight in water. I think I'd drown!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:43 PM   #3  
Melissa

Kathy I love it. And I need it. I was doing the challenges for awhile, but I didn't know whether or not anyone else was really interested. I like your ideas. I especially like the idea about one day all core, no points, and building up to more days. I also like the fruit/veggie with every meal idea.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:44 PM   #4  
banned

protein w each meal? how bout no food 3 hrs bf bed?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:59 PM   #5  
Melissa

What are we gonna do? When will we start? I'm going to bed!!! We must decide now!!
Old 07-13-2005, 12:45 AM   #6  
focused and aiming

i like the day on day off pts but i'm game for about anything ya'll decide.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:48 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'd add staying on Core, no matter what, for a whole week. You can use your points but no more.

Do some type of exercise 6 of the 7 days. If you already exercise that much, add a little something extra.

However, I'd be willing to do any but the 1/2 the body weight in water. That would be sixteeen 8 ounce glasses for me. Not gonna happen.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:33 AM   #8  
From Massachusetts

How about this: We each individually decide our goal for the week, post it on a thread, and let everyone know how we are doing...it sounds like we are all a little different, so I am not sure if there is one that would work for everyone. Personally, I made the resolve last night to do what AndreaPhilips3 suggests above (first part), though the second part would do me wonders as well.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:42 AM   #9  
Melissa

OK, as the previous official challenge poster, I am making a decision. Goldenberry, we are going to go with your idea. We have done this before. Then on Sat/Sun we can establish a unified goal from the list above (or something else anyone comes up with). Sound good? Ok, go for it.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:44 AM   #10  
Melissa

My goal for the rest of the week (which is really just until tomorrow!) is to use no more than 3 wpas. I am only planning on 1 today, so I'm giving myself a little leadway.
No matter what challenge we decide to do next week, I am planning on starting a "perfect core" week tomorrow after w/i.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:03 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, I thought you weighed in on Fridays?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:18 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

My challenge for the week is ... gulp ... no after-work beer. None. Starting today and continuing thru Sunday night. And my goal is to be at 153 by Monday morning's weigh-in. For sure.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:28 AM   #13  
Melissa

Vickie I do!! I guess it was wishful thinking that tomorrow was Friday. Whoops!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 04:05 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

okay, my goal is to walk at least 1 mile per day on the treadmill. i'm sooooo needing to get back to exercising. i walked 1 mile monday but only .1 yesterday. now's a good time to go do a mile. i'll see ya later.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sorry to burst your bubble, Melissa! I'm in a quandry over this challenge. I'll increase my speed to 3.0 mph and walk at that speed for 30 minutes not counting my warm up and cool down. I'll walk for a total of 35 minutes and go at least 1.75 miles. I'm currently only walking 30 minutes total and 1.5 miles.
Closed Thread