Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Tuesday Chat~7/12

good morning gang

what's everybody up to today?

I got in 2 miles this morning.

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:50 AM   #2  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Cathy, congrats on the 2 miles. That is awesome.

Let's see. I have vacuuming, swimming, knitting and stained glass planned. I'm like a broken record. Yesterday I had so many chores to do and I also had to work from home. I also forgot to take my meds and that just made me plain sick by evening. I won't forget to do that again today.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day. It's supposed to be gorgeous here - Sunny and 90 (no humidity since we're desert air). So it'll be a great day to float in the pool. Of course that's after doing my laps.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:10 AM   #3  
CIN

Hi Gals
I got up later today but showered earlier. A friend is coming to take me to Sam's. I can always opt for the wheelchair if I tire ( which I do easily) I just am trying to add a little daily.Last night Hubby & I walked to the corner.a little further than Sundays walk.

My 10 yr old grand daughter is spending the night with me. I am letting all 4 stay overnight one at a time.they love being the only "one"..Katie loves to read,watch cable TV & play Boggle....we will enjoy each others company!

It has cooled off to 80 here today and we are expecting some much needed rain!

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls
Today I'm going to the dr last night had girlie dinner marathon we went to a coffee house ate dinner played chess ( I love getting to chill somewhere) and had dessert and too much coffee it was great DH worked late on a router so he didn't get home till 1:30 am His company BITES
Cin sleep over sounds great! you'll have so much fun
Marie that sounds so nice and relaxing!
Cathy you are an inspiration lady
bbl back to work!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 12:54 PM   #6  

Morning.........dd13 is off to get hair done and I am gonna get more done around here.I got front of house done yesterday.

Back later........hot here!

Hi everyone!

LIz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:04 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I have DH convinced to try SBD
Since I have time before I'm eligible for medical leave I want to try everything i can between now and then.
Even Though I feel Surgery is a good solution for me, I still want to try in case it's not the only solution.
Also I don't want to sit on my arse and watch it get bigger for 7 months.
Liz what is she getting done?
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 02:28 PM   #8  

yard work......dishes.........lunch...taxing dd 13........dusting........supper for tonight as I go to work at 3 pm.........supervising dd7 and girlfriend on tramp......life!

Hang in there everyone!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Sorry Ladies, I got tied up over the weekend with the engagement party and family. So I didn’t get a chance to come back and reply to everyone this weekend.

Carla – about that migrastick… hmm that sounds interesting. I’ll keep an eye out for it at the drug stores and maybe even check our TJ’s I’ve been wanting to check out TJ’s for quite some time now. The nearest one from me is about 35 minutes away… unless they built more. Thanks for the info!

Leenie – I did 16 laps in the pool on Wednesday at the university. It seems smaller but that was a good 35-40 minutes worth in the pool. The pool is about 70 feet (guessing). I went again on Monday and did another 14 laps but only 30 minutes this time. We spoke with a lady that works there. They offer free water aerobics to students during the times I go there. I’m going to check it out on Wednesday

L – Tina Marie – Pinkbow – WELCOME!

Homebound – Was your storms due to Dennis? I dunno what I would prefer, earthquakes or hurricanes. Gotta love mother nature! Always keeping us on our toes.

Cathy – way to go on all your exercising! You are an inspiration!

CIN – Baby Steps are the best… soon you’ll be walking all over the place in no time. Have fun with your Grandma-Granddaughter night

Liz – sounds like you got your hands full!

It’s been a busy weekend, family goes home this Saturday and Sunday so I’m hoping to get back to some “Normalcy” … is there such a thing???? It was great to see them again tho. Anyways, the guy who is coming out to do our driveway this Saturday is going to call us back on a price to have all that dirt hauled out from when he digs down to set the framework for the driveway. Hopefully it won’t cost another arm and leg.

I got some laps in at the pool on Monday. I also found out that they have a water aerobics class that goes on the same time that I am there. It’s free for students so I think I’m going to go check it out on Wednesday.

I’m being stretched thin… and it’s not the thin I would like to be… so I’ve been running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Going to class from 8am to 6pm and trying to get in time with my visiting family. They went to Disneyland today I would have liked to have gone but I have a calculus exam today. They are going to Universal Studios tomorrow but then I have a Physics exam. WAH! Ah well…

Hope everyone is doing well!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:44 PM   #10  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

I'm feeling kind of depressed today (fiance and I got in an argument last night...that always does it), so I'll keep this short...I just wanted to say hi and wish you all a good day.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:44 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

Oh hey, I wanted to post to everyone that when I weighed in at the doctors office last week on Tuesday (july 5th) I weighed in at 361... I weighed myself this past sunday at home and I weighed in at 357lbs. 4lbs gone in one week??? And all the while Uncle TOM and Aunt Flo are here? I wonder if theres like a huge descrepancy in my scale and the doctors office. I think I'm going to weigh myself before I go in next time and see what their scale says and compare it to mine.

Anyways.... I think i'm going to stick with my scale numbers, only because that's how I have been weighing myself... so I'm changing my weight trackers back. I was depressed to see 361 at the doctors office, but now I'm feeling somewhat better thinking that there might be a difference in numbers given. Altho I wasn't expecting such a huge gap. We shall see tho... I'll be sure to weigh myself before going into my next appt.

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 05:04 PM   #12  

I am new here! You guys seem to be an awesome group. Would you mind me joining in?
LilItalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:03 PM   #13  

Default The bigger they are...

....the harder they fall. The day started out well enough, both flights on time, my own homemade sandwich on the plane, a certain amount of walking and luggage lugging. And then I arrived at the hotel to find I had been upgraded to a floor that includes free happy hour snacks and breakfast. A huge amount of junk later, here I am in my room feeling frustrated with myself. My big rule for this trip was no free food, and I lasted about 14 minutes.

It's also darned frustrating that my feet are very sore today, and all I did yesterday was go for a gentle and short walk. This time I'm determined to get right back on track, and if I can't exercise, so be it. (I know I can do many things that don't involve feet. I'm just having a little bout of glass half empty.)

On the upside I have free wireless internet with my fancy-schmancy room, so I can continue to play obsessively.

SueMarie, if you can't find the migrastick and want one, let me know and I could send you one.

That's all for now,
Carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 08:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi LilItalian!
of course you can join! Welcome!
we look forward to getting to know you!

hugs to everybody today!

cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote