General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #1  

Default Taking it Off - A Canadian Weight Loss Series

For anyone out there who has access to Canada's Life Channel, season 3 of Taking it Off will be repeated starting next week. I think it runs Sun and is repeated on Monday - it's on their web site.

If you've never seen the program, it is a non-competetive 6-month weight loss. Each person chooses his or her own weight-loss program, and they are at home and not at a weight-loss farm. Unlike The Biggest Loser, it is not mean-spirited and no one is voted off. In fact, it shows very different people coming together and learning to understand one another, being encouraging, showing support in non-weight-loss areas... No one wins anything at the end except their weight loss and, usually, a renewed commitment to fitness and proper eating. (Maybe they get royalties each time it airs??)

The people on the show are also very, very Canadian.

There have been 4 seasons so far, and they are rerunning them now. I don't know when season 5 will start. I don't know if any American networks have aired them.

That's it for today's TV review!

Carla
Old 07-16-2005, 01:01 PM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

no, I don't think it's been on here.......(and I have every digital cable station known to man---or at least it feels like it for the $$ I shell out every month)...Discovery also runs something similar using old TV stars like Erik Estrada, someone from the Brady Bunch, Charlene Tilton....and FIT TV has "Health Cops" show, "Housecalls", Ultimate Goals, and "10 Years Younger" show, where they change people's eating habits and life-styles.

very, very, canaidian? Do they still re-run the curling competitions? (when I was visiting family, I saw this on TV, I thought
Closed Thread