Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #1  
banned

Default ww newbies 2!

just did another til we decide....hehe. 3 pages!?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #2  
banned

did we all have a good day i hope? i did. i ate like 1 1/4c s. wheat, 6 strawb., an apple, a ham sandwich, grapes, salad and like 1 1/2 - 2 cups of wheat pasta w a bit of chicken.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:02 PM   #3  

Hello Everyone!!! Holy Cow has this thread grown since yesterday!! It's so exciting It's late tonight and my kiddos aren't impressed about going to bed, so I will have to read everyone's intro's tomarrow. I can really relate to what I read so far, it is also very inspiring. I've been posting in teh Dr. Phil?oprah board, but it's down to just two of us who regularly post. I will still continue to support my friend there but I look forward to getting to know some new folks as well.

My name is Misty. I am 28, and live on a dairy farm in Rural PA, about 60 miles south of Buffalo, NY. I am a stay at home mom of two Audrianna (AJ) age 2 and Ben almost 11 months. I also babysit two children a girl 4 and a boy 2. Fun Fun! I also have two dogs, two cats and two horses. It's a regular zoo.

I started WW last Tuesday, tomarrow is my first weigh of being on program. I did ww a couple times in the past as well as online and on my own. After having my son last year I started again and was doing well on my own, but after getting sick in Jan I haven't gotten back on track (Itried this and that and decided WW workde so I'd go back to it). I also decided that I derserve a night out and WW is my little treat to myself.

Well, I better hit the sack once I get the kids calmed down again. I like to walk but it's so hot in the evening and if I want to go alone and not have to push a double jogging stroller up the hills where I live I have to leave by 5 am. I haven't been great abouut getting up so early b/c it's been after midnight when I go to bed. Have a great night everyone. I will be reading your posts ASAP so I can get to know everyone Thanks for getting us started Andrea!
~misty
Old 07-11-2005, 10:37 PM   #4  

Hi! The kids ended up falling alseep on their own SO I read through the posts on the last thread. Awesome names guys I like Slimmin' Sistas, or Sassy lassies.

Do you think we could make a list of everyone and maybe a quick one line intro so we can keep everyone straight? Then update it each week or something? That's what I did on the Oprah boot camp thread, til there was only two of us left. We started a a new thread each week, the person who started it listed everyone's name and we chose to do pounds lost that week and kept a running total for the group as the weeks went. There seems to be so many of us it's hard to keep track of real names and screen names...at least for me, then again the majority of my daily converstations are held with people under the age of 5. By the end of the day I am lucky to remember my own name LOL!!

Someone mentioned water exercise (Andrea maybe?). Aquacize belts do rock!! I used to teach Aqua Areobics, if you are interested in shallow water exersicse I might remember a few. Really almost anything you do on land you can do in the water, I even taught a class of step aerobics in the water with weighted steps made by speedo. I worked at a Y with a movable floor pool. The entire pool floor moved up and down. We'd set it at 2.5 for little kids so they could touch and they used to do diving by lowering it to 10 feet. My clases where taught at 3.5-4 feet (we never used the yard stick to determine the depth, we'd just go by where the water landed on our boobs LOL) So even if you just have a really shallow pool (those blue ones with the inflatable top ring come to mind since everyone but me seems to have one these days) you can bennefit from the water's resistance and it takes some of the weight off your joints. How I long for a pool!!!!!!! I used to run in the water for about 3-5 hours straight every saturday teaching lessons, not mention hours and hours of walking around and around the pool deck guarding lap swim and all the lessons I taught during the rest of the week.

I had a good day today. I can't remember everything I ate, but I was within my points. I used all my flex points this week, mostly last night and tonight. I did not count my exercise points b/c I am only on week one. I haev my old slider form when I was doing it before, but I decided to just jot down in my tracker that I did walk. Tomarrow is weigh in for me

ok off to bed now or I won't eb able to wlak at 5 lol. Have a great night all!
~misty
Old 07-11-2005, 10:48 PM   #5  

Hi, everybody!!! I'm a WW newbie too! I'm Stephanie. I'm 27 years old, a newlywed, and an aquarius (lol)! Tonight was my first weigh-in, and I lost 3.6 pounds! Yeah!! I started WW at 175.6. 155 is my long-term goal.

I have a question for you---when will they teach me about exercise points. I'm down to only 22 points a day, and I could use a an extra point or two!! Thanks!!
Old 07-12-2005, 12:56 AM   #6  
THICK and tired of it

Arrow Moving to support forum

Ok, I think I've figured this thing out. Under the support forum on the main forum page, there is a section or thread or whatever for support groups to use. Maybe you all knew that already, and I'm just slow, I don't know! But anyway, I'm going to post to the support groups section as "whatever-we're-calling-ourselves group" and I'll list the suggestions for names- I think someone mentioned voting tomorrow? Then maybe we can talk about the suggestions from- Oh, gosh, I don't remember, I think Misty? About the list of names and such? I'll just list who we have so far, and if I've missed anyone please speak up! If anyone has trouble finding the post, PM me. I hope no one minds that I'm moving us- I'm not trying to be a control freak or anything!!
Old 07-12-2005, 06:41 AM   #7  

Welcome Stephanie!! Congratulations on your marriage!! And your loss!!! WAY TO GO!!! I think it's week four or so you will get another slider to calculate activity points.

Sounds good to me Izzysgirl Why can't we stay here? Just curious not sure how all this works. They also have a WW clubs and groups board here in WW. I'm gonna go over to the support board and see if anyone's home I'll post there. Have a good one.

~misty
Old 07-12-2005, 09:03 AM   #8  

Hmmmmmmm, I can't find the forum - probably just me, I'm lame! LOL.....Mara
Old 07-12-2005, 09:53 AM   #9  
banned

good morning all!!!
hows everyones dayso far? i just drank a huge smoothie and ill be darned it kept me than just full!"D

im w misty.... id really like to stay in this forum esp bc i think most of us are ww ppl. yes im the one w the water exercise and love it! i cant do step tho i cant get me feet up high enough bc i have cp. if we want a group list i can do that tonight(gotta busy day ahead) unless someone can get to it sooner! i feel lotsa support already!!!
Old 07-12-2005, 10:21 AM   #10  
THICK and tired of it

Ok, I was looking all over for the icon with the sheep so I could say- I feel sheepish! Well, here's a dancing banana instead, just because it makes me giggle! What a silly butt I am! I didn't even notice the WW groups section here on the WW board! I read in the support forum that they created that to keep group threads together to allow better responses to each type of post in respective forums, and I thought- oh! we should move over! But I think you girls are right- it makes more sense to stay put in WW- there is a section for groups here and it is not nearly as crowded as the support forum... So, I will tell the ladies on the support forum of my boo boo, and move over my post about the names, and let things be!

Oh, Mara- I'm quite sure you're not lame! Sorry for the confusion!!

Here's the post from the "other side"...

--------------
SO- Here's the list of suggested names- and if I've missed any, please speak up!

1. Sassie Lassies
2. Summer '05 Chickies
3. The Slimmin' Sistas
4. The Weight Watchin' Wonders
5. The Dieting Divas
6. The Pretty Positive Posse

And the list of names I have so far- again, please speak up if I've missed you or spelled your name wrong!

andreaphillips3
calpurrnia
wflentie
hippohips
freedom&light
AmyMCGS
Susiec123
MistySeptember
CAtoTX
Megsa
TinaMarie
Lizzyg
izzysgirl
Quite-a-handful
Stacey2320
angelao95
izzywas
lilpiggy82much
LJ
Tryingtorefocus
Diva at 40
iowasteph2

Ok, that's that!
-----------------

And while I'm here I might as well cast my vote for Slimmin' Sistas!
Old 07-12-2005, 10:36 AM   #11  
Thin Girl In Hiding

Good morning girls! I am so excited about being a part of an online group- this is way exciting!
I just finished my Mock "fast food breakfast"...
( I used to be a fast food breakfast drive-thru on the way to work junkie)

Light wheat english muffin 1 point
1 egg 2 points
1 slice of canadian bacon 1 point
1 cup Light OJ 1 point

I've already drank 1 liter of water today!
Time to do the potty dance!!!!
Catch you later!
~Lisa
Old 07-12-2005, 10:48 AM   #12  

I second the vote on the Slimmin Sistas! I love it...

Old 07-12-2005, 12:07 PM   #13  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Afternoon, Ladies! How are we today? I'm taking a quick break at work to post. I need a break...i'm starting to get pretty hungry and lunch is an hour away, but i can hold out.

I'm on Day 3 and going strong so far... I'm excited about my first weigh in this Saturday.

Do any of you have any sabatogers in your house? I came home from last night and my husband had bought me a bag of Milano double chocolate cookies (2 cookies is 3 points according to the point finder thingy). Now, he knows i adore those cookies and can eat a whole bag in one sitting. THEN he says to me, well, i almost brought home some ice cream because they were buy one get one free... umm HELLO? i crave ice cream every night around 9-10 p.m. and usually have to go buy it myself and now that i'm on WW you want to bring home ice cream to be sweet? ARGH!!!!! i very sweetly hugged him and said, you're trying to sabotage me, aren't you? he was like NO! i'm trying to be sweet and do something nice for you! uh huh... you know, he does this every time i try to lose weight. he's lucky i love him so much i don't think he realizes what he's doing....
Old 07-12-2005, 12:10 PM   #14  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

You know...the more I think about it, the more I want to change my vote to Slimmin' Sistas. Lol.

And I just have to say...thread hopping is hilarious! It's okay Lori! Besides, I like the dancing banana much better than I do the idea of a sheepish sheep, hehe.

Well, so far I've only used 3 points for breakfast. I had 1 c. of Cheerios and 2/3 c. of 1% milk. In a couple of hours, I'll work on figuring out what to do for lunch. Any ideas?

Hope everyone's having a good day!

~Amanda
Old 07-12-2005, 12:18 PM   #15  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Quote:
Do any of you have any sabatogers in your house? I came home from last night and my husband had bought me a bag of Milano double chocolate cookies (2 cookies is 3 points according to the point finder thingy). Now, he knows i adore those cookies and can eat a whole bag in one sitting. THEN he says to me, well, i almost brought home some ice cream because they were buy one get one free... umm HELLO? i crave ice cream every night around 9-10 p.m. and usually have to go buy it myself and now that i'm on WW you want to bring home ice cream to be sweet? ARGH!!!!! i very sweetly hugged him and said, you're trying to sabotage me, aren't you? he was like NO! i'm trying to be sweet and do something nice for you! uh huh... you know, he does this every time i try to lose weight. he's lucky i love him so much i don't think he realizes what he's doing....
Diva: wow...you know, I would suggest maybe taking him through the grocery store the next time you go, Point Finder in hand. Tabulate the points and write down the foods that are good and the foods that aren't so good, and give him a list of them (with points values) and say, "Okay. If you want to be sweet, these are the foods you can buy me, and I won't want to kill you." (Or something like that in your own words, haha.) He could keep that list with him whenever he goes shopping and that way he knows which foods to stay away from (and therefore which foods won't incur your wrath ).

Also, another really helpful thing (just to help you along)--when I did WW in high school, my mom was amazingly helpful. She took a permanent marker and wrote the points values on all the boxes and bags and cans of food so that I knew precisely what I was putting in my mouth even without having to stand there and count. That ended up being very helpful, especially on school days when I was in a rush to eat breakfast and make my lunch. And if you do something like that, your husband will see the points values himself and maybe it'll help him visualize just how important this is to you.

Of course, there is always another option: bring him to your next WW meeting and tell the other people what he did! Lol. Just kidding. ...kind of.

Have a good day! Good luck!

~Amanda
Closed Thread