Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#41)

Sherry
07-11-2005, 09:20 AM
http://members.aol.com/SAbern1259/boat2

Hello :wave:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

Sherry
07-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Good Mornin' :wave:

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Yesterday we went to the In-Laws and I cleaned their house. Then we went and visit Wayne's Niece and her twins, then we went to his Brothers. Wow...what a busy day!

Dee...How's your back? Please get better soon.I wish you could go to a different doctor.

Shelley....I'm so happy you're ok!! I have been watching Dennis on TV and hoping it wouldn't hit there. Did ya'll decide on a colllege?

Gayle....Your salad sounded yummy! I may just have to try that! I haven't asked in a while, but how's Allison? Is she wanting school to start back?

Ramona....So good to see a post from you!! I've miss you! Please try to post again soon.How are the boys? Gosh I miss Chris!!! :(

Vicki.....Ouch!! Take care of yourself and try to stay on those feet! That was mean what your Mom said! OMG!!! I'm sure she was just kidding though.

Gotta get busy...Hello :wave: to all I didn't mention. Have a great day!!!!!

It's raining cats & dogs here!!!

Deelite
07-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Sherry I love your sail boat. I am ready to sail with you. I am happy that you had part of a day of and did some visiting with family. For a minute there I thought that you were going to say that you cleanned The In-Laws house, Wayne's neices house and his brothers house. Whew I am glad that you only did the in laws. I am sure that you can find more fun things to do than clean.....lol I know you probably enjoy it and love the results, I know I do (us sick puppy). Sherry you may think that since you don't have any money that you can't have fun. Not true! There are many free things that you can do. We have concerts in the parks for free, a walk in the park, a day at the beach, visit a museum, they are a cheap get away, do some crafts with material that you have around the house. So stop some of that cleanning and enjoy something twice a week or you will feel that your time off past by and you didn't enjoy it. One other thing that you can do for free and that is good for you is to go for that walk that you really need to do.

Gayle your salad sounds really creative. Good for you. What kind of surgery is Liz having and when is it? You have a lot to deal with but God will never give you more than you can take. I hope that the fluid build up that your mom has goes down. I know that it is such a big worry for you. You are such a great support for your mom. You have your priorities set right, your family is more important than working. Money doesn't buy memories. Hang in there, there will be a time and place to work.

Shelley I try to be my old self. I hate to have the poor me syndrom (sp?) all the time. My sister has developed a sore back the last six months and that is all she does is complain and grunt, and make such a big deal out of every move. I know that mine is way worse but I try to keep my mouth shut most of the time and not complain all the time. You must be so proud of Becky getting scholorships. That will sure help out. Good luck with picking the right collage. WTG on the mileage this week. Just to think that is almost half of your monthly goal last year, and you did it in a week. Wow I am so proud of you.

Ramona thanks for stopping in and saying hello. When you work on the weekend do you get more time off during the week or overtime? Are you happy that you sold your business and now have a job? I hope that you are enjoying the summer.

Vicki I am sorry to hear that you had a fall. You need to take care of yourself. I know that what the family said about you must hurt but think positive thoughts and don't let the negitive ones get you down. Love you.

Well I am late for swimming so I will sign off. Have a good day everyone.

Deelite
07-11-2005, 05:41 PM
I NEED EVERYONE'S ATTENTION:

:nono: :listen: Shhh, I have a secret! :listen: :nono:

Can you keep it? Cross your heart? :crossed:

I am not suppose to tell anyone but I think it is safe with you.

Does everyone consent to keeping my secret?

Sherry
07-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Dee????????!!!!!!!!!!!! What's the secret!!!???????? :listen: Are you pregnant???? Did you win the lottery????!!!!! Tell us....Tell us!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramona,
It's funny that Dee asked you about the boot store because I was just thinking about asking you the same thing yesterday! Do you miss it?

Come on Dee...Spit out the secret!!!!! :gossip:

ShelleyM
07-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Dee-I wanna know. Come on tell us!!

Vicki-Please rest your aching body. I am so sorry that you fell. Please feel better soon.

Sherry-Why were you cleaning the in-laws house??? You are too much!! Like Dee says though, I know you enjoy it and it probably actually relaxes you. I can't imagine it relaxing you, but it's nice to think that maybe that's why you do it.

Dee-Give it up!! Tell us!!

gdeann
07-12-2005, 12:32 AM
Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye.... start spilling the secret Dee. Your secret is safe with us, along with the other 50 zillion people on this site. LOL!!!!!
PLEEASE SHARE!!! I LOVE SECRETS!!!!!!! I promise to keep it a secret too!

Sher, you can come visit me anytime, I will have my cleaning supplies out and ready to go. ACTUALLY, I would love to have you anytime and you don't even need to clean my house. Do you watch the Lifetime show "How clean is your house"?? GROSS!! I can't believe people live like that!

Shelley, did you guys make a decision on a college yet? I'm sure whichever one you guys decide will be the right choice. Liz is still trying to work it out with her employer to stay full time (for insurance) but yet have hours so she can go to school full time this year.

Sherry
07-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Dee?????????????????????????? :listen: :listen: :listen: :listen: :listen: :listen: :listen:

(omg...I can't stand the WAITING!!!!!)

gdeann
07-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Hmmmmm......let me see......our little canadian princess is preggers???? She is having a fling with the pool boy????? She is moving to the states?????? I know, I know, she is taking a trip to an exotic place. Am I close Dee?????

gdeann
07-12-2005, 09:22 AM
My ticker is NOT moving!!!! In fact I am up 4 pounds since last months trip out of town. I am staying OP 95-100 percent of the time but the darn thing is not moving!!! I left it at my lowest weight so I still need to lose 3 pounds before it is right again. I am so wanting this weight off!

Deelite
07-12-2005, 10:42 AM
REVEALING OF THE SECRET

I have promised not to tell anyone, so you guys need to be secretive too! I am just so bad! :devil:

It is so hard to keep a secret. I squeaked out little hints here and there to the family but they haven't picked up on it.....haha ;)

I have three girls that have promised not to tell but I noticed that since I posted this there has been 53 views and there was only 17 views before. Hmm? Do you think that my secret will be safe? What should I do? :?:

Maybe I should hold out til I get a few more promises of secrecy. :D
I really value your opinions, what do you think?

gdeann
07-12-2005, 12:00 PM
I say you PM or send an email to those of us who PROMISE to keep the secret and who WANT to know!!!! Watcha think, princess poo?????

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA KNOW THE SECRET!!!!!!

Sherry
07-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Waiting :corn:

(Gayle is right....PM us!)

gdeann
07-12-2005, 01:06 PM
:queen: Come on princess...do share...

I'm sitting back with Sher waiting too... :beach:

Deelite
07-12-2005, 05:03 PM
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

Jason is going to propose to Ashley on the highest mountain!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love::love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

ShelleyM
07-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Dee-That's exciting! What is the highest mountain, anyway?? Congratulations!

gdeann
07-13-2005, 09:43 AM
WAY COOL, DEE!! Are you the only one to know or did Jay fill Larry in too?????
I'm like Shelley, where is the highest mountain and when is he doing it??

coles
07-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Dee - that is SOO Exciting!. My daughter has lived with her boyfriend for 4 years now. I keep dropping hints about grandchildren when I'm still young enough to enjoy them. I turn fifty August 2nd - Oh poor me!
Romona - Now I know why you are bootwoman!
Sherry - Stop Cleaning - you're making me look bad. I have a hard enough time cleaning my own house when the weather is nice. That's a winter thing.
Shelley - So glad you are okay. We were all worried about Dennis getting you.
Vicky - Take Care of yourself.
Hello to all the other floozies. Love ya'll and love this board.
I have been following low carb for 9 days now. Just to get the sugar cravings under control. I have lost 7 lbs. I am such a Sugar Junkie. No control with that in my system. Everything sweet calls when I try to sleep.

gdeann
07-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Congrats on the weight loss Janice!!! Sounds like watching the sugar intake is working for you!

I picked up a few of the Jorge Cruise books today at the library when I took Allison for her reading program. I'm interested in his strength training, the part I'm really interested in ~ he says you can do it in only 8 minutes a day. I'll keep you all updated. I noticed a new group started on the site that is following his eating/exercise plan.

Mom "graduates" from cardio therapy today. YIPPPEEEE!!! I can start having my mornings back! Allison still has three weeks of swimming lessons left, then I may have a FREE day to take all day and clean the house!!! LOL!

For those that asked (I forgot who) Liz is having her adnoids/tonsils out next week. They want her to take off two full weeks of work! I guess it is more serious as an adult compared to a child. She is taking one week off of work and hopefully she will be feeling better by then.

How is everyone today?

Deelite
07-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Thank you for sharing my good news. The highest mountains are the Rocky Mountains. It is about a 17 hour car ride away. Jay planned on proposing to Ashley on the gondola ride up the mountain in front of a video recorder. He said that if things aren't perfect then he will save it for when we go to Mexico this year. They will be joinning us for a week. Jason didn't tell anyone about it except me. I am not suppose to tell anyone except if I want his Dad. So now you know why the big secret. He was emailing me for the last few days except yesterday. I have no clue if they are engaged. He had internet access when he stayed at Larry's Aunt and Uncle's but now they have moved on. I don't know if I will hear from them for a few days. I see Ashley's parents every couple of days so it is hard to keep it quiet. I can't even tell my family, they want to do it when they get back. I am happy for them, I really think that they are a good match.

Gayle it sounds like you are on a plateau. One of the things they say to start losing again is to lift weights, journal, measure your food, exercise more, eat more (it is a hard one to believe but sometimes we aren't eatting enough), etc. You can do a search for it. You probably told me before about Liz's surgery but I forgot. How much of the cost do you have to pay? I think that she will need to be careful about going to work so soon after because of bleeding. Watch her closely if she goes back sooner. I am glad that your mom is just about done her treatments. I really think that you don't enjoy cleanning that much, you could pick something better to do with your time. ;-)

Janice I think that you are right it is about time your daughter gets married and gives you Grandchildren! You can't wait for ever or you will have to do something drastic and start having children again....lol

Whew is is hot here, with the humidex it is over 100. My brother and his family came down for a swim this afternoon. It is so nice having them here with us. Tomorrow they are going out to the lake for a few nights and then they will have a few more days with us. I enjoy my teenage niece and nephew.

ShelleyM
07-14-2005, 06:02 AM
Janice-Congrats on the weight loss! I noticed from your ticker that you and Gayle have the same amount to lose. Maybe you both can get some kind of race going! It always helps me to have a goal set.

Gayle-I'm so glad that you will have a little time for yourself soon. I want to tell you again how proud I am of your walking! Did you notice my name on the healthwalker site? (In case you don't know, my real name is Rochelle.)

Dee-That sounds so romantic. I forget--how old is Jason?

Where's Debbie???? I miss you!!

coles
07-14-2005, 07:20 AM
Gayle- Shelley is right and I didn't notice. We are neck and neck. What do you think.

gdeann
07-14-2005, 09:40 AM
I'm game!!!!!! I say, we do a challenge and it is up to the rest of the girls on the board to figure out our prize...watcha think Janice???

Shelley, thank you for the kind words! I noticed you joined and I also noticed you posted an entry. GREAT JOB! You will be way ahead of me in no time. When you have a free minute, go back to the site and look under newspaper articles. The lady who is listed as the top walker on club stats is actually an older woman who walks regardless of the weather etc. She said she never wears a coat because she works up a sweat going up a hill along her route. I feel like an old lady getting in my measely few miles a day while she is averaging around 12-13 miles a day! Do you go by Shelley in the real world or is it a name you have just for the net? I knew your real name but I'm so use to this one, I forgot until I seen it posted on the log to the other site. Good thing I knew your last name !!

Dee, I know you are thrilled with the prospect of marriage for Jason! Now.....maybe we should start practicing to call you granny Dee in a few years???? giggles!

NO THERAPY TODAY! YIPPPEEEEE!!!! I'm cleaning house this morning (well, will be after I get off the puter) Then this afternoon we are going to a new Papa Murphy's pizza here and get a pizza for tonight. Allison will be graduating from level 1 swimming and she decided she wanted pizza. I'm going to be a good girl though, I'm getting the rest of the family a pizza and I will go get a low cal individual one from the freezer section. Have you guys tried Papa M's pizza??? Is it any different then a frozen one from the store? For those that have never heard of it, they make it for you, then you take it home and bake it.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!!!!!

ShelleyM
07-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Gayle-The pizza sounds good. I've never heard of it though. I do go by Shelley in the "real world." I'll have to look up the newsletter that you are referring to. I saw that someone was going quite a distance everyday. I guess you would either have to be unemployed or retired to have the time to do that. Must be nice!! I have to go over there now and post my distance for today. The mosquitos are starting to get bad. I'll have to start putting on spray from now on.

Janice and Gayle-Good luck on your challenge!!

gdeann
07-14-2005, 11:52 PM
I had a few bites tonight too when I walked. I figured if the lady is walking 15 minute miles, it's taking her the better part of the day. On most days it appears she is walking 12-13 miles if I read the stat chart correctly.

I went to a cemetary this evening to walk. It was very peaceful, no dogs, traffic or hassel. It's a large one with a mixture of paved and gravel roads and even a few hills. I think about once a week or so, I will go there, it's interesting to walk and look at all the different names and stones.

I hope everyone is well!

I stayed OP tonight too! I ate my salad and LC pizza while the rest of the family had regular pizza.

ShelleyM
07-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Gayle-Sounds like the cemetary would be a peaceful place to walk.

I forgot to tell you all that Becky passed her AFAA certification test (by the skin of her teeth) and now she is officially a personal trainer. How cool is that? Pretty good at 17 years old, don't you think?

coles
07-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Gayle - Sounds good to me. I need something to keep me motivated and this is going to do the trick. I did get into the Rolo ice cream last night. My first slip in 10 days. Now I have to get that sugar back out of my system. I gained a pound doing that.
I am a BAD GIRL! I will smarten up now. We will inspire each other.
TOO COOL!!
Janice

coles
07-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Gayle - I am so excited. I love a challenge. I wish I had read the board last night, it might have kept me out of the ice-cream. Now I need to catch up.

gdeann
07-15-2005, 09:32 AM
ok, Janice, we're on!!!! In fact, I am up a few pounds from last month but I didn't want to change my sig...guess I better get my butt in gear!!!! Do you think the girls here will figure out a cool prize for the winner?? LOL! Don't fret about the ice cream, in fact you would need to eat 3500 calories to gain that pound. More then likely it is fluid. Up your water today and get right back on plan!

Shelley, tell Becky I am VERY PROUD of her!!!!!!! She should be so proud of herself! She is a very remarkable young lady who has a bright future ahead of her.

Sherry
07-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Hello :wave:

I think my house is all cleaned now!! Today I'm working at the stadium. It's a soccer tournment that's playing and only 2 suites will be open (for the owners of the teams). :kickcan:

Dee...That is sooooooo exciting about Jay!!!! How cool is that! I love ROMANCE! Even though I love Wayne with all my heart...there's not a romantic bone in his body!! :lol:

Shelley....Congrats on Becky!!! Yep...I agree, 17 is young to be a personal trainer. Good for her!!!! :cp:

Gayle...You are doing so good! I wish I had the motivation! I don't know where it went! Are you scared of walking in the cemetary? I know they are all dead but I would be so afraid! :yikes: I'm so proud of you!

Janice....You have been doing wonderful so don't let the ice cream get you down. Are you planning to never have sugar again? I would be dead!! :lol: Keep up the good work and big hugs to you!!!!

Where is everyone else???????? Please come out wherever you are!! We sure miss you all!!!

Better get some bills paid before I get ready to go work. Love & hugs to all....

Deelite
07-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Just have a second to post. We are headed out on a road trip to a lake and rushing river. Very beautiful site. It is in ontario. It is hilly and rocky and lots of beautiful trees.

Any ways here is part of a post from Ashley. Jay did propose;

Oh yah by the way i know you knew about this but jay proposed to me!!!!!! He did it on the Gondola in Lake Louise. On the way down he was like Ash i have something to ask you....will you marry me and he took out the ring but didnt open the ring thing yet (so i didnt see the ring) so then i was like are you serious and he was like yah and then i started crying and said of course. The ring is so beautiful i LOVE it!!!!! Im sooo happy :) My parents know now too i had to call my mom from jasper and tell her shes super happy about it too!

Isn't that sweet. He is so romantic like us. I am happy for them.

I am getting a much later start than I expected because we went to the stock car races last night and it was after 1:00 when we got home. Shelley can you refresh me? Is that what Becky built? Can you bring up the article for me? Thanks

Have a hot sunny day.

coles
07-15-2005, 11:35 AM
Dee - Ontario- where? must be up north. I live on Lake Simcoe which is north of Toronto.
Thanks for all the words of encouragement, I was feeling pretty bad about the ice cream. I am just getting all the sugar out of my body, and then I will do WW, low carb is not the healthiest diet I don't think, but you can eat so much! I couldn't live without sugar either, I just am going to have natural sugar - fruits once I go back on WW.
Shelley - CONGRATULATIONS TO BECKY!! SHE IS SO YOUNG AS SEEMS TO HAVE SUCH DIRECTION IN HER LIFE ALREADY.
Sherry - You are still cleaning!!!! Knock it off - do something fun.
I live in the pool most days. Floating and reading. I also try to exercise in there, much easier on these old joints.
Gayle - I am up a pound from my ticker too, but I'm not changing it either. I hope it is back down by tomorrow. Thanks for the advice, I will drink lots today.

coles
07-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Gayle & Shelley - I thought you two were eating pizza while you walked. When you talked about bites and then I realized you meant bugs. The pizza sounded good to me.

gdeann
07-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Great idea Janice! I could get me a side-pack to hold my pizza and use one of those camel back pouches strapped on my back to hold my pop!! LOL! I wonder how many calories one burns if eating and walking at the same time??? Maybe we just came up with a new weight loss/ exercise program!

gdeann
07-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Sherry, I meant to post when I did to Janice but I had brain fade. No, I'm not scared in the cemetary. I guess I'm weird, but it is a very restful/peaceful place for me. I could spend hours walking out among the stones, reading the dates and names and imagining the people buried there. Besides, if the person who died hasn't made it to the other side, they have better places to be other then in a cemetary haunting the place. LOL! I think my views of death changed after I lost my father.

ShelleyM
07-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Gayle-Would you believe that my dad used to make gravestones? My one brother grew up working in the cemetary installing them. The company was in Tampa--that's when we lived there many years ago.

Janice-The pizza idea sounds great. The trouble is, I can't eat and run at the same time. I can't even drink while I run. I always have to stop to take a swig of water.

Dee-No, Becky didn't build a stock car. She built an electric car.

Sherry-When do you have to be back at school? Our teachers are coming back July 27. The kids start Aug. 8. Where has the summer gone??

gdeann
07-15-2005, 09:37 PM
I just pulled a big boo-boo girls! Allison had swimming and wanted a Wendys frosty... cool... I checked before we left and I could get a jr frosty for 170 calories/3 fat grams... When I placed the order, no jr frostys listed but the small one was on the 99 cent value menu...long story short, as I ate it, I thought cool...ALL of this for under 200 calories! After eating, I went to another site and apparently I ordered the wrong one! There should of been a JR, SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE listed on the menu. Oh well, learned a lesson and I am still going to be ok today with my calories, just nothing else to eat the rest of the day.

How did you father get into he gravestone making business Shelley? I love looking at the older stones, they tell so much history and are beautifully carved.

ShelleyM
07-16-2005, 06:05 AM
Gayle-I just checked at www.dwlz.com, and you only had 330 calories, but the fat grams is 8. The calories weren't that bad, but that's quite a bit of fat. I wonder why it has so much fat in it. What is a frosty? I was under the impression that it is like a slurpee or something, but that wouldn't have much fat in it.

I couldn't get up this morning. It was 5:45 when I finally did. I hope the heat isn't too bad once I am able to run. I still have to drink my coffee and eat a little something before I run, and I always wait an hour. Bummer!

gdeann
07-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Thanks Shelley! I ASSUMED (wrong) that it was made with lowfat milk. It is just like a thick chocolate shake, just not as rich in cream flavor. The cup was fairly small~ that is why I thought it was the jr, plus they didn't have it listed on their menu. I learned my lesson on this one! A FRESH NEW DAY HAS BEGUN!
I again assumed you usually ran in the afternoons after work? I wondered how you did it in the heat.

ShelleyM
07-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Gayle-I run in the mornings only when I'm not working. Otherwise I have to do the afternoons around 4:30. Ugh!! That's why I can only go 3 or 4 on the days I work. I just can't make myself run any later than that, because I go to bed so early.

Sherry
07-16-2005, 11:32 AM
STOP!!!!!

Please Go To #42............A New Thread Has Been Started!!!!! :cool: