South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 05:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday On The Beach - July 11

Good morning! Another hot one is on the way. It'll be iced coffee this morning with sf Irish Cream syrup. Yummy!

I'm off to the Fair Hall for 7 this morning to set up for the schoolwork judging at 8 and hope to be home again well before noon. No plans for the afternoon although I do have lots of house stuff to do. Tonight I go to my sister's for dinner. This socializing is playing havoc with my weight. Time to get a grip!

What's happening around your Beach umbrella today?
Old 07-11-2005, 06:43 AM   #2  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking

Hey RUTH,No wake up call for the other BEACH CHICKS ? Cldn't go bk to sleep aft got DH off to work @430 ...Can't believe U get up so early. Have a great day,wl ck bk w/other CHICKS n a while..........GOFISHIN
Old 07-11-2005, 07:05 AM   #3  

Good Morning my little Amiga Chicas!

Ruth: Have a lovely day at the Fair.. and enjoy your visit with your sister..

GOFISHIN! Let me guess, it's a 100 Hot and Humid already Whatcha doin today besides Baking?

Me: Another day of packing is on the horizon.then off to the pool this afternoon (all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.. ) Major Heat advisory in effect for us so I must take it easier today (he heeee any excuse to take it slow )
Well I pulled up the area we will be moving to on Microsoft maps and trips and I’m just way excited! Lots of lakes to put my kayak in (http://www.tp-kayaks.com/_kayaks/_otsport/stoker.html .. Mine is in "Tequila Sunrise"..Just love those bold oranges, and reds!!... notice the WIDE opening... fits my WIDE butt and hips!) a national park close by for hiking about tooo .. DH drove about yesterday and reports that all the trappings of surburbia are within a 10 minute drive. The house we rented has 3 bdrooms, 2.5 bath, a fenced in yard for my furbabies.. and a fireplace… The only possible downside is that the owner/landlords live right next door.. But , as I told DH, its not like we throw wild parties or are filthy creatures … I just hope they're not the Nosy Rosey types..but hey it's only a year lease..Yesterday I packed up our office/den.. BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS, EGADS, we have soooo many .. Today I’ll pack up the DVDs, and my Chachkas…and look for movers...
Old 07-11-2005, 07:35 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies-no big plans today, have to babysit my 5yo nephew and 2mo niece later on(small house so in addition to my own four kids it's quite a hoot! )
Today is day 3 on Phase I and it's TOM in only 4 days so I"m extra cranky. I'm supposed to take a placement test tomorrow and am a bit worried bc my brain doesn't seem to be cooperating lately.

Schatzi-I see you're a fellow Jersian. Didn't even know about the heat index warning today (thanks for the heads up) guess we'll be spending some of the day perusing the local library (a/c, it's free and NO food available-can't beat that)

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-11-2005, 07:37 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks a quick one for me have to get dd to the golf course although they are calling for thunder showers this morning. Then it is kid stuff and a little cleaning. I feel like crap today I had way too much sugar this week end.

Ruth- have fun at the fair and enjoy your sister. Mine lives 21/2 hours away and I miss her at times.

fishing- have a great day.

Schatzi - have fun packing. glad you found a place.

Well have to dash. I will try to peck in again later.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:39 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning justjess we were posting at the sametime. Your house sounds like mine. Have a great day.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:51 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Little Chick, you need to detox, girl! Get some veggies and good carbs into your body, girl.

Schatzi, that's great news about the house! Hey, your kayak is great! My friend has one like this http://www.foldingkayak.com/kayaks.htm

Jess, good luck tomorrow! And good luck today staying cool with all those kids.

GoFishin, you're going to have a LONG day, girl. Get a nap in later!

Ruth, pass me one of those coffees, please.
I've got sheets at all the windows again, and I'm planning on staying inside for the entire week. Don't overdo it in this heat, girl. You know what YOU'RE like.

Going to take DD to summer school... back later...
Old 07-11-2005, 07:55 AM   #8  
Mother Hen

What a difference a day makes.The sun is shining and will be all day. Dennis is now history to florida. A lot of damage to the panhandle but so far I don't think there was any deaths.That is a blessing.
Now I have to get my pool warmed back up.
I am working on watching how much I eat.I had my first gain last week.I know it is not what but how much.Calories are calories and if you eat too much scale will go up.
Have a great day
Old 07-11-2005, 08:12 AM   #9  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Well, Ruth, MY Beach umbrella is turned inside out at the moment. We're still going thru the remnants of Dennis. Windy, warm and wet. GAK!!! Had two power outages at the nursing home while I was there. Luckily they both happened AFTER I took the needle out of the patient's arm, or I'd have needed a change of undies.

gotta run! Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 07-11-2005, 08:15 AM   #10  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi all....I wrote another post and it went POOF!!

I lost 1 lb this week for a total loss of 6 lbs on Phase 1. I am staying in phase 1 for another week, maybe two.

My food goal this week: to ONLY have the allotted amount of cool whip!!
My exercise goal: four days of Miracle Miles!
Old 07-11-2005, 08:16 AM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

A quick drive-by! Finally got an email from DD this morning! Rain rain and more rain from Dennis. Good thing high is only 80* today! Woo-Hoo! Have a great day all. I gotta get my hair is still in a towel and no face on yet!
Old 07-11-2005, 09:02 AM   #12  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking

Morning BEACH CHICKS!!!

Cant believe how early some of U get up,,,on my 3rd coffee since cldn't go bk to sleep ,,left my hormones at the lake last week and decided to try w/out them 2c if still needed,,,,stupid mistake!!!!! Going to Dad's 2day,sister coming n also ,haven't seen her n a month....She wl not believe my new size ,,she was supposed 2hv started SBD also but gives up 2easy !!!

SCHATZI.... Congrts on finding a new home,,,All my life I have wanted to live by the beach in FLORIDA ,now I'm not so sure...God bless those poor folks !!! Love ur kayak,DH and I live 5min's frm the lake and want a WaveRunner,just not n our budget yet !!! PACK,PACK,PACK!!
P.S. Weather forcast 100/hot/humid ,Just incase u wondered !!

JUST.....U must b 4' tall if U want 2weigh 112 ,Good luck on ur test tmorrow !!

LITTLE CHICK...Golf Coarse/thunder showers !! Those 2 do not mix,,,hopefully the rain wl hold off for ur DD,,,Have a nice day!!!

ELLIS...No rest for the weirry 2day,2much driving 2do!! Shld I send u a catalogue on window dressings !!!

ELENI... Worried about all U yesterday,,watch all day on TV,,so glad U R OK !!

MAMA...Hope the weather clears soon,tk care !!

JEN... Congrts on UR weightloss,,U GO GIRL !!!

BAMIE...Hope the weather clears soon,Have a nice day!!!

2ALL U BEACHIN BABES,HAVE A NICE DAY ON UR BEACH TOWELS ....................GOFISHIN
Old 07-11-2005, 09:16 AM   #13  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin' beach gals! I'm so glad to hear all you came out of Dennis OK. I've been in Hurricanes and they're scary. Congrats to all who lost and to those who didn't, I feel your pain. I stepped on the scale this AM and am up 2 pounds..grrrrr!! Oh well, I've been good and should've known given what TOM it is. I'm not gonna weigh myself for a whole week and hope for better results next Monday. On the plus side, I figured out a cool variation on the mock french toast that allows you to get your veggies in....and it tastes great! I'll post in in the recipe section.

Ellis: Love the quote in your signature!! Sure rings a bell to me !

Ruth: Have fun at the fair. I love fairs and can't wait until our comes next month.

Everyone else: Have a great OP day!! Call on your "won't" or "will" power....whatever works best then offer up some sacrifices (any annoying dh's or dbf's hehehe) and prayers to the scale gods and cross your fingers !!
Old 07-11-2005, 09:23 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Morning all...I'm half asleep still. Scale is done this morning..thank goodness! I'm betting it's water weight because I started going to the tanning bed again.
I'll peck in later....
Old 07-11-2005, 09:36 AM   #15  

"JUST.....U must b 4' tall if U want 2weigh 112"- actually I'm 5'1" and when I was on WW I got down to 108lbs (which was a bit too thin for me and not deliberate) I have a small frame (wear size 3 3/4 rings), size 6.5 shoes, watches and bracelets are always too big-now if only my thighs would follow suit I'd actually be perfectly happy at 115 (or any weight that would allow me back into my smaller clothes).

Thanks everyone for all the "good lucks" on my entrance test. I'm starting college (part time) in the fall so I can apply for the nursing program when I'm read (aka: when my 4yo starts kindergarten and I find childcare for my 18mo) I really want to be a nurse midwife-looong road ahead of me.
Closed Thread