Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #1  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Talking First weight loss!

I am so excited! I went to my second weigh-in yesterday morning and found out that in my first week of WW, I lost 2 pounds!

I think what thrills me the most about this weight loss is that I started WW on the 4th of July weekend (what was I thinking? haha), so it just kind of makes it that much better!

What is it about losing anything (even just a little) that makes the goal just seem that much more attainable?

Hope everyone's having a good day!

~Amanda
Old 07-10-2005, 10:51 AM   #2  
CIN

Congrats! Every week can be a 1-2 pound week if you follow the plan!
Old 07-10-2005, 10:53 AM   #3  

Congrats
Old 07-10-2005, 11:34 AM   #4  
banned

congrats!
it seems like there are several of us that have started all around the same time....i had my 2nd wi yesterday would you be interested in buddying up?
Old 07-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Congrats!!!

~Liz
Old 07-10-2005, 01:16 PM   #6  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Hehe, thanks you guys! It's so nice to come on here and have such a wonderful support group! You guys are great!

And andreaphilip3, buddying up sounds like such a great idea! I would love to buddy up with you...but I have one question: what is it? Haha. I'm so new here, I have no idea what buddying up even is. It sounds great, though!
Old 07-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #7  

Way to go! Just keep that feeling that you got when finding out your weight in the front of your mind. The next time you are about to cheat think to yourself, "Would I rather have this cookie/pizza/chocolate/whatever now and not know the difference and hour from now. . .or would I rather pass on it and get that wonderful feeling again at my next weigh-in?"
Old 07-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #8  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Oooh...yeah, that's a really good point hippohips! Thanks! I'll be sure to think that very phrase to myself whenever I'm feeling naughty.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:09 PM   #9  
banned

hiya cal!
i just meant do ya wanna start a thread for us to chat and post on so we can support each other..... im hopin some of the ppl ive seen posting will wanna too bc theres like 6 ppl i think that started ww in the last month.....
Old 07-10-2005, 08:12 PM   #10  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Ah! Yeah, that sounds great!
Old 07-10-2005, 08:40 PM   #11  
Just getting started...

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'7"

Congrats! That is fabulous news! I'm very happy for you and am doing my happy happy Snoopy dance as we speak
Old 07-10-2005, 08:56 PM   #12  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Haha, thank you! I'm very excited that I got the happy happy Snoopy dance! Woo-hoo! (Oh, btw, I really like the quote in your signature! )
Old 07-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #13  

I think I may need to jump in on this too. I have just started and don't have all the fancy stuff figured out yet, but I sure need to report in. I need to switch my mind from 'Tomorrow is another day." to something like "The rest of today still matters!" If I goof a little I seem to give myself permission to blow it completely. How did you all get over this hurdle?
Old 07-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #14  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiec123
If I goof a little I seem to give myself permission to blow it completely. How did you all get over this hurdle?
I am really bad with that too. It is easier just to call it a "ruined day" and ruin it more and more. I think it is very important to keep track of your points even when you are determined that the day is a lost cause. It really gives you a good perspective.

Mindsets are hard, but just remember a little good will set you back maybe a few hours. . .a blow it completely can set you back a few days!
Old 07-10-2005, 10:24 PM   #15  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

Susiec123: Oh man...I know that mindset way too well. Because I know that about myself, I kinda played a game. I started WW back up again a week before yesterday, but what I decided to do was to keep my eating habits like I ate before WW, and I just went ahead and counted the points to see what everything was. Oh. My. Gosh. What a wake-up call! To put it this way: I am allotted 26 points a day. My lunch itself was 20 points. I was shocked! (But I guess I shouldn't have been, haha.) But instead of scrapping that day, I went ahead and counted it along with the rest of my week, and used up most of my FlexPoints in that day. I figured the other days would be nice and fresh restarts.

I would definitely say go along with what hippohips suggested. Count everything, even if it's painful, haha. Sometimes by counting those painful moments, they can help you realize what terrible junk we sometimes consider putting into our bodies, you know?

And remember: you get a fresh set of points every day. So just because you went over your balance yesterday doesn't mean you get penalized today. Just be careful to stay within your balance, and everything works out.

Hey...it worked out for me for this first week! Good luck!!
Closed Thread