Old 07-09-2005, 06:13 PM   #1  
Lucyee

Question Confused Which is the best plan

Hi Everyone, Originally, I was going to do LA weight loss and was settle on that. Then, my Doctor said she would prefer that I do WW points. So, I followed her lead. I am not getting started or getting anywhere. I am confused about what plan to do. I like the idea of not having to worry about a lot of counting etc. Any suggestions. thanks Lucy
Lucyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 06:28 PM   #2  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I think this is a very individual choice as to what will work for you. I read the Zone, South Beach, and Weight Watchers books all in the last month, trying to figure out what works best for me.

In the end, I decided on WW, because counting points is kind of a game to me, and it's not as hard as counting calories. But, that's me... you might prefer something else.

If LA Weight Loss seems like a plan you'd like to try, I'd talk to your doc and see why she didn't want you to use that plan. Maybe she knows something about it. Otherwise, I think I'd go ahead and try the LA plan if that's what you think will work for you.
AmyMCGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:49 PM   #3  
it's always something

If you are considering the LA Weight Loss plan, I'd definitely suggest getting hold of the plan before signing up, because it's VERY expensive (50 lbs = $581 - $2,177 up front and is nonrefundable) Plus you still have to count - not points, but exchanges.

South Beach doesn't require much counting, just certain foods that should be limited. But for the most part, you don't count anything. However, the food list is restrictive, so you should look over the allowed foods to make sure you can live with JUST those foods. The current food lists are in our South Beach FAQ forum.

Weight Watchers Core is a lot like South Beach and doesn't require any counting. Instead, you are asked to control your portions by eating just until satisfied and then stopping. Some people do really well with it, but if controlling our portions was that easy, we wouldn't have such high obesity rates, lol.

Almost any popular diet plan is going to require that you count something, either points, exchanges, blocks or portions, because this is how they get you to eat less. It's not just about the foods themselves, but how much you eat.

Something else you might consider is Change One. It's a diet program that was published by Readers Digest and has really grown. The basis is that you change one aspect of your diet and lifestyle each week, instead of jumping into it. Many people find that it's easier this way, even if the results are not seen as quickly. The results last longer. For example, on week 1, you eat a healthy breakfast. It doesn't matter what you do for the rest of the day, as long as you pay attention to your breakfast and make sure it's healthy and balanced. Then week 2 you might do lunch. There are a LOT of aspects of it, not just the 3 meals, so there are a lot of things to learn about and change, and it really look helpful. Change One is available as a book or as an online subscription service (they have a free trial).

One more thing to consider is not going on a diet at all. At least not one of these This may surprise you, but studies have shown that most people that lose weight successfully and KEEP it off actually do it by just cutting back portion sizes and adding more exercise to their routines. They don't follow the popular diets.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:24 AM   #4  
Lucyee

Hi Amy and Suzanne, Thanks so much for all the helpful input, on the different plans. After reading everything you both wrote, I thought a lot about it. LA would definetly be too, too expensive for me. In the pst two years, I was forced into retirement, from my job, at the Bank because it was bought out, by another bank. I have found not working difficult to adjust to and financially, that kind of money would be out of the question. It brings me back to the feeling that although I'm not crazy about counting WW is a more sensible plan, for me. It is well structured and also fits in with your idea, Suzanne about cutting back on portions etc.. Portions is a big part of my problem, especially when I am upset. Lately, my stress levels have been high, with various situations. I subscribed to the 3FC, WW at Home Forum and also the General WW Forum, so I am sure that will be a big help to me. Amy, thanks for your suggestions, as well. I can see that I will get a lot of support at 3FC's site. Thanks for being here. Lucyee
Old 07-24-2005, 06:28 PM   #5  

paid over$1600 for LA weighed in at 222.6 a year ago June 8th I now weigh 230 DON'T WASTE YOUR$$ They try to tell me it was because I did not follow plan etc. Then they said it was my work schedule. Then they said it was because I did not take their vitamins. They tried to blame it on the fact that I did not eat the bars. I did eat them just like they said to. It is all about the $$ honestly. Now they are trying to get me to buy juices, snacks, shakes and smoothie mixes.........UGH!! MAJOR MONEY PIT!!!
tamemejamie1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 06:41 PM   #6  
Lucyee

HI ! Tame, Sorry I shortened your screen name. I knew I was right about them. They are out, for the money. If you go to their web site, they don't even have an online support group like all the other plans have. I am sorry that you wound up gaining weight. Good luck and thanks again, for being so honest with me. Lucyee