Support Groups - Former chub clubbers #13

View Full Version : Former chub clubbers #13

flower
06-05-2001, 12:39 PM
Okay cookie mommster- are you lurking out there somewhere? How about oops? OOps...I know you are alive, you've been forwarding emails to me! :lol: How about Kare Free? Ya know, I don't care if you are loosing weight or not! I just want you to come out and play!!! :s: So Mail Whale? What is your radical plan for summer? Maybe we should pick a diet each month and do it together. :p We could swap reciepes ect. I am having a spinach salad for lunch. I finally found it on sale! I hate spending over 3.50 on greens! I wish we could grow our own here. I could afford all the soil ammendments and water to have that kind of garden! I have made a budget and hopefully we can stick to it. Along w/ Griffin being happier, maybe I can do some more beading instead of nibbling! :dizzy: Talk to you all soon! Dolphin & Sandy, thanks for the encouragement!

mailwhale
06-06-2001, 11:44 AM
Well.... today a neighbor and I are starting with the Hollywood Miracle diet :dizzy: I know, what a dumb dumb I am...thought I was so past all this dieting nonsense...but when you're not making any progress.... well.

And I just feel like I need it out of my hands for a while...just something strict and easy that I can follow. So I'll let you know how that goes. So that is Today and Thurs. Then starting Friday, I'm going with fruit smoothies or Sweet success shakes for breakfast and lunch and the old sensible dinner thing. No breads or refined sugars. Be on a diet for the rest of June. Lots of water and exercise too that's the easy part for me. Just gotta do a strict food thing for a while darn! :o

I hope Grif is doing good and will be a happier camper!

Be good gals!

flower
06-06-2001, 11:51 AM
Well, I have a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Chris pasted on bringing donuts home last night. Thank goodness! I think he realized they are making him (mr. Skinney) gain weight too! I had my cereal w/ soy milk. I am gonna walk to the school to watch Rileys assembly. That should give me some modivation to stay on track today.

All 3 boys have colds. I think I will get one too. Just a feeling. I have to take Chris to work tomorrow to have the car to take Grif to the regular doc for his 8 month checkup. Then go grocery shopping. The boys are out for summer at 12:20 tomorrow. Oh boy fun! But I enjoy them in the morning watching him so I have some free time. Griffin loves Riley. They laughing together is the most wonderful sound. Now if I could get Griffin to stop the high pitch scream when he is being ignored! I only thought little girls did that! ~audri

mailwhale
06-06-2001, 12:00 PM
Hi again! Just went back and read the end of #12...Good pep talk Dolphin...thanks! And I do hope I can stick with this one for both of, all three...four...do I hear more? of our sakes ;) I'm glad to hear that you've been doing so well for the last month or two, You are awesome! And I'm sure it is helping you get through this wild time with Graduation and all. I am so proud of you. So I'm gonna climb back on board and yes, lets finish the summer 11-22 pounds lighter!!!!! Yea, Yippy, Yahoooooo!

Oh, and Audri, Patrick screetched alot as a baby :lol:

Oh, and when you are at the store pick up some crystalized ginger...probably in bulk foods with the dried fruits etc.. just get a small handful. Then eat about two pieces 2 or 3 times a day when you feel a cold coming on or someone else has one in the house. For several months Bryan and I have avoided getting the colds the kids have had by doing this. I read it was 10 times stonger than echinacia. It is kinda spicey, but i like it, and I really like not having a cold!

mailwhale
06-08-2001, 11:24 AM
Hello ~ I survived my silly Hollywood juice diet. The scale says I'm down 6 pounds and hopefully a few will stay off. It was just like doing a juice fast that I've talked about in the past...part of a recommendation from Dr. Weil as a sort of cleansing. So in the future I would just make my own juice instead of spending $20 for a diet gimick...but then, spending the money helps ya stay with it! lol!

Well, have a great weekend everyone! :)

flower
06-08-2001, 11:30 AM
Hello. Mail Whale-congrats on the 6 pound loss. All juice diet, hum...I would have terrible heart burn if I did that! :p

I am doing good diet wize until between 4 and 7 pm. Then the sugar fairy comes and says go find sugar now!!! The other day it was ice cream, yesterday was a lemon filled donut. Today, I will watch out for the sublimminal messages and stay away from the kitchen!!!
I am down a pound this week. I have to be honest. I might have had one glass of water yesterday. Gotta work on that this week!!!! audri

flower
06-13-2001, 11:38 AM
It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair. I have kept a food journal, I have eaten a lot less and I have excersiced a little and the scale has not budged!!!!

So Mailwhale- how is your diet going? ~audri

mailwhale
06-13-2001, 01:07 PM
Well, I've kept 3 of those 6 off, so I think that is still a success. I jogged a little yesterday and no shin splints today - yea! I've tried once a week for the last three weeks and every time the shin splints come, so I wait a week to try again, I know that if I can get past them, I can jog every other day, and that would be such a big help. It is so effecient for me...burns lots of fat, but not as hard on my feet as walking twice as many miles every day so that is my goal is to jog 3 miles every other day...that's only 9-12 miles a week, instead of 28+ and I hope I can bike or row the other days so that I'm not on my feet.

I did major cleaning of Patricks room Saturday and Kayla's yesterday, but that is the only part of the house in good shape! I should deal with this computer desk, stork business area today.

Have a good one!

flower
06-14-2001, 02:01 PM
I walked to and from the school today. It is very warm out. Or maybe I walked so fast I was overheated from that! :o Anyways, seriously, remember 2 years ago when I lost my 40 pounds...I did it by walking before I got on the computer each day. Well, this time I am making myself bike in my room for 30 minutes before I log on. I will walk if I get up early enough but biking I can do any ol time. I am also going to do a water aerobic class. Dieting alone does not work for me. Gotta move. As soon as I cool down, I am going to attempt a RS video. See ya few pounds lighter! ~audri

flower
06-15-2001, 10:54 AM
Ok...I walked before getting on the computer. Griffin lasted a 1/2 hour before getting cranky! My scale is still not budging but I am going to get excersice 3 times a day for a minimum of 20 minutes each time. I know that will work!

flower
06-16-2001, 11:31 AM
My scale moved down 2 pounds! Yipee!!!!

mailwhale
06-17-2001, 01:02 AM
Yippie for you!

Yes, I gotta move too, that is how I did it before! I didn't move today, so tomorrow, I'm hitting the turf before 7 a.m.!

flower
06-18-2001, 01:02 PM
I just got done walking 4 miles. One hour 12 minutes to do it. I stopped for a half second to watch a hummingbird. I am sweating buckets and I feel my heartbeat in every pore, but I DID IT!!!! ~flower/audri

mailwhale
06-18-2001, 01:43 PM
Good for you Audri! And how goes the Auds and Ends?

I did get out for a short walk yesterday....to Albertsons to buy doughnuts for Father's day...I know! I only had one :dizzy:

Today I jogged a couple miles and am gonna be good! Cherries are coming on here, so I may take the kids to a u-pick today, that would be fun. I was thinking of taking us to the pool too, but it is quite breezy...if it stays this way, we'll shoot for tomorrow instead. It is to be in the 90's by Thrusday so the heat is coming soon enough!

Have a good week!:cool:

flower
06-19-2001, 01:28 PM
W/ Chris working at 8 am, I am gonna have to get up earlier to walk. I walked for 20 minutes this morning. Enough to wake me up and get all sweaty but not long enough to get to my goal of 181 by July 1st! 6 more pounds and not that many days left. I better up my water and move my hips! I have decided that cereal does not work as breakfast food. I am hungry an hour later. So today I had a boca burger w/ soy cheese and some grapes w/ water. Much better...

mailwhale
06-20-2001, 06:33 PM
Ya, protein gets me farther in the day than cereal etc.

No exercise this morning...ooops. Hmmm, who knows when I'll get my act together?????

flower
06-22-2001, 03:09 PM
Mailwhale-I think it's just us. Has everyone left completely? Even if you are lurking, say hi! I lost 3 pounds this week. I am 184! The same as I weighed before pregnacy. 2 pounds lighter than 6 weeks post partum. The same as March of 99. I can do this! ~audri

Sandy3830
06-23-2001, 04:12 PM
Congratulations flower and mailwhale on your weight loss.:) Kepp up the good work, you are doing great.

Things are about the same around here, still trying to drop those pounds I put on, I did better with the food the past couple of weeks so I'm happy with that. Need to pick up the exercise a little. I'm drinking my water though.:lol:

I'll try to check in more often. Take care.

karefree2
06-26-2001, 12:09 PM
I felt a twinge of interest in dieting again yesterday (actually, the last few days) and decided to check in here again to see if ya'll had the 'skinny' (too cute, huh?) on the plan.

Does anyone know what exactly is the plan that Luther Vandross lost SOOOO much weight on? It is definitely low carb but I think he is watching the fat or the colesterol also.

I am getting desperate girls. Nothing seems to motivate me! HELP!!

It took me an hour to get the user name and password right. Just goes to show I have been gone WAY TOO LONG!

Karen (KareFree1, KareFRee2, karefree . I tried them ALL to sign in!)

flower
06-27-2001, 01:58 PM
Yeah Karefree! I am so happy to see you post again! :) happy dance! I have no idea about l.v. But anything to inspire you is wonderful in my book! Just take it one day at a time. Start w/ a walk before you play on the puter. No peaking at the sampling sites until you have moved! Get 8 water bottles. On the caps, label them 1-8. By bedtime #8 has to be finished! Get salad makings. I always forget how good salads really are until I have one! It is summer. Great salad weather. How about fruit salads? You can do this dear friend! I walked an hour this morning. I am walking w/ a new friend tomorrow. We walked for 70 minutes on Sunday.

I am going to file my business name next week. Then I will go to the business licence office. Gotta see if I have to put a deposit/bond down. I have a show booked for Sept 30. I better get busy!
~audri

karefree2
06-27-2001, 04:10 PM
I am addicted to the sample and the click for cash sites now. I was thinking the other day that it I had to generate the power to run the computer for all the time I was on it with physical activity, I would be one skinny lady!! Good idea though.....HUMMMMM.

Luther is doing a high protein low carb thing, I think. Low fat meats and fruit and veggies. Low starch and processed foods. Healthy eating.

Sounds like you have your hand full. Good luck on the business. How are the kids and Chris doing?

We are all okay. Jesse is working p-time but will be leaving for a week to go to Bushnell, Illinois for a weeklong Christian music festival that sounds like Woodstock. 24 hours a day, camping outside and listening to bands. I am sure he will enjoy it. I am not so sure that I will....LOL! Got to let the kid grow up though. He is ready even if I am not.

Talk to ya'll soon.

Hope everyone is doing well. Special 'hi's' to MW and Sandy because they seem to be the only other constant posters!

karefree

mailwhale
06-28-2001, 04:32 PM
Hello gals! (Sandy, Kare and Audri and any lurkers ;)

I've been jogging somewhat consistently...and sort of being better food wise...hard to say if I'm really totally with the program yet, but down a few pounds and feeling fairly strong, so that is a plus!

Good luck with the business stuff Aud! Wow, what kind of show? You had better get busy...what all do you plan to have for sale? I got some info about Cable TV ads this morning and for new businesses it is $5 per ad and they will make the ad for me...come take pictures and do the graphics etc. But I don't know what to do... music in background, something funny with the kids? What cable channel to put it on. I guess if I'm going for the dads it should be on ESPN lol! It could be fun. I'll be getting info from the "at work type" radio station in the mail to compare...but I kinda think that the visual image is a big plus for me. Scary!

Well, I wish us all a swift trip down the scale...we all know what to do...it is just a matter of doing it right???? Hips, Hips, Away!!! :lol:

Sandy3830
06-28-2001, 05:24 PM
Hi ladies. Good to see you back again karefree.:) Hope you get yourself back on track soon. Just take it slow and you will do fine. Are you drinking your water? I find that is the only thing that I do faithfully.:)

I've been able to walk at the beach quite a bit lately, I enjoy that better then the treadmill. It's been quite hot and humid here lately so if I walk I have to do it early. Yesterday I ended up walking at the mall, that was fun for a change. They had a sale at VS so I bought some new underware, it cost me money to walk yesterday but I really needed some new things and only buy them there when they are on sale.:)

mailwhale and flower, good luck with your business. Hope you both do well.

Take care and keep moving.

karefree2
06-28-2001, 06:53 PM
This does not seem to be a good period in my life. Maybe it is me. It probably IS me.

My son doesn't seem to want anything to do with me. I can't ask any questions or say anything right for that matter. The other day I told him his father and I would match funds with him if he would save to buy a car and, somehow, that was wrong. He is going on a trip this weekend and I got him a couple of new pair of shorts , some shelf milk and cereal (that is one of his staples and I know if he has that he will have something to eat) a small travel kit (razor, shampoo, comb, shaving cream etc) in a little black bag and all he has done is ridicule me with every item I purchased.

He has just graduated and maybe he is going through some kind of separation transition (or maybe I am, who knows?) and maybe this too shall pass.

I sometimes wonder if men and women speak a different language. I know my husband and I do and it seems my son and I are having some definite communication problems as well.

I want to run away.

not kare free at all

PS Sorry to be such a whiner. Glad to hear that all of you are keeping up the work that we all need to do to succeed.

mailwhale
06-29-2001, 02:40 AM
Oh Kare, I am so sorry.

My mom and I waged war it seems my senior year of High School and first 2 years of college...I think it was a seperation issue although we did not see it that way at the time. I was her only child and we were very close, but my growing up...well, I don't know...it was rough then. I even said I hated her one time...which in one part of her mind I know she never forgets. And now as a mother myself, I shudder to think of my children reaching that age and how we'll get through it.

My mom and I get along great now. We both work very hard not to touch those buttons that can set us off. There are just some subjects that must be left alone, but mostly we love and respect each other and I am thankful that she put up with me, during a stubborn and independant time. She had her faults too we both agree as well...but luckily we both worked at "growing"

You'll get there with your son. I'm so sorry that this is so difficult for you right now though.

Guess where I was Tuesday night? At a state park sleeping in my car in the pooring rain. Long story, but my kids were staying with my mom, and I was mad at my husband and realized that I had a day to myself, so I'd better take advantage of it. So instead of doing housework, I packed up and went camping by myself. Played solitare, chipped and putted around my campsite, took several very long walks...one in amazingly heavy rain, read my Martha Stewart, made a fire, sang (quietly), journaled, thought... and came back quite refreshed. Hubby is still not really on my good side, but I'm over the obsessively irritated part. :dizzy: Anyway...thought I'd join in with my struggle of late :o

flower
06-29-2001, 12:13 PM
Karefree and Mailwhale- BIG BIG HUGS FOR YOU!!!!

KF-It is him. All kids do this to mom at the end of school. It may take him a couple months and maybe up to 2 years, but he will come around again. Everyone I know distanced themselves w/ mom around the time they were 18. They think they are so adult. They have a new life just begging to explore. They have no clue that they need parents advice big time right now. So just sit back and watch and soon he'll be needing you again soon. I wish it could be easier!

MW-I would have camped w/ you. Were you not scared? Oh ya, you live in the safe part of the country. I really doubt I would be brave enough to sleep camping by myself. How are you and hubby doing? Is the problem fixable?

Hi Sandy. Congrats w/ the water. I need to do better.

I losta pound this week. I am at 183. The 170's are in sight! Yippeee! ~audri

mailwhale
06-29-2001, 01:13 PM
Great job on the pounds lost Aud! That is awesome!

Uh, I don't know what to think of him and us most of the time any more. No, I wasn't scared to sleep alone...the locked car was extra security I'll admit. But the weather was so bad, there were few people there but good natured family campers determined to stick it out...any goof-ball would have been pretty hard pressed to think doing someone else harm would be worth going out in the rain lol!

I shouldn't say I don't know... I mean, I don't really want out of the marriage, but I am tired of emotionally investing in it and getting burned. If he is gonna be a flake...then I'm just gonna be a bit more distant and detached. And I need to give him more independence. Lucky for me I actually have a better support system of female friends here, so I'm just gonna go out more and depend more on them for all the "communication" needs that he just can't or doesn't want to provide for me. 14 years into a relationship is just different than the first 6...that I keep clinging to. That makes for 8 years that I've been tormenting myself over this...time to mentally make the adjustment I guess!

Anyway.... that is the long of it :dizzy:

flower
07-02-2001, 12:39 PM
MW- just be careful detatching yourself. I know once I detatch myself emotionally, there is no going back and it is basically over. Glad you have lots of friends there. Have you thought about counciling? Does he know you are unhappy w/ this version of your relationship?.... Did you ever sell your old home?

Well, I have a goal of 8 pounds for July. I lost 7 in June. I need to make sure I work out everyday. I am currently just doing 4 out of 7. 6 out of 7 is my goal. I have a new walking buddy 2 days a week. That helps a lot!

Auds and Ends is coming along good. I invested in some beads this weekend. Micheals had 50% off value packs! I spent 25$ there and 20 at another store. My aunt sent me 20 to make her something. My show is Sept 30th. Hopefully I will find another one befroe then. After then should be no problem w/ all the Christmas bazzaars.

Hugs to you all. audri

mailwhale
07-03-2001, 01:29 PM
I know, I know...this is bad. I was just writing Dolphin, and thinking I gotta get out of this silent treatment mode. He is the only Dr. that does not have a pic of his family on his desk. So I was thinking of finding a pic of all of us or at least the kids and putting it in a frame and taking it to him today with a card...saying what. "Is this worth saving?" that is kinda harsh. "Can we save this? Let's talk tonight" That's a little better and puts more responsibility on me as well. :?:

8 lbs in July is a good goal. Me too???

What all will you be selling at Auds and Ends? Mostly jewlery? How about a bit of a little girls line too. That stuff seems to sell very well and those beads are cheap. Hair clips, bracelets, tiarra's...very popular, and I know I'm more apt to buy stuff for Kayla than myself... And maybe if I'm getting something for Kayla I'd decide to also get something for myself ;)

karefree2
07-03-2001, 02:43 PM
I Want To Get Away? Paul says it is by Lenny Kravitz. I only know the title phrase and it keeps winding through my head. I actually am planning a little outing just by myself next week. I have put other people first for the last 19 years and right now I need to put myself first for a bit.

MW, I am so sorry you are having marital problems. We all do though at some point. I hope you and he decide to work it out. It is rough. The second hardest job next to parenthood.

Audri, it sounds like you are on a VERY positive path. Keep up the good work! I am very happy for you and proud of you.

I am almost finished painting Jesse's room. It is a lot brighter than I thought. It is exactly the color of blue hydrangeas with white trim and doors. All that is left is the trim and doors.

If ya'll don't hear from me for a while, don't worry. I am on the nervous breakdown tour.

karefree

1Dolphingirl
07-03-2001, 02:53 PM
I'm here but I'm leaving is a couple of days on vacation. (Hurray!!):)

Flower, You success of late is so exciting. Keep up the good work.
Sandy, good to see you here.

KF, hang in there with the son. He will realize in the not to distant future that he really does need you. then you 2 can be friends again. These growing times usually work themselves out, just try to be patient. (I know that is hard. Hang in there.)

Mailwhale, take a deep breath & keep trying. You 2 can get through this. I'm so sorry things aren't going well right now. Keep up the good work on the exercising though. The results will be good for you health & your self-esteem. :)

I've been busy with our oldest graduating & all the summer fun happening. It has been so busy & with all 4 kids home I can't get the puter whenever I want it. so I don't get to the boards very often. I have been doing well in all ways & I'm pretty excited about that. I have been losing lbs. & inches & when I went shopping for my b-day I was in the smallest size I have gotten in for years. :) I was thrilled about that. I am finally in the quaterbacks & now that board isn't around anymore. Just my luck.:dizzy: Well, Have a happy day ladies, drink your water & eat right. Succes CAN be ours!!! :cool:

karefree2
07-05-2001, 10:44 AM
Even if the board isn't around anymore the spirit still is. I am so happy and proud for you. It is great for you.

Thanks for the advice.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Where is everyone else?

I finished Jesse's room. Haven't heard a word from him all week. Oh well....

Paul is bringing home a small paint roller. Now that the door frame to Jesse's room is fresh white paint , all the other doors off the hall way look VERY dingy. Funny how things snowball, isn't it?

MailWhale, I am thinking of you. Hang in there. Did you take him the note and picture? I hope it went as you hoped.

Audri, hope all is going well for you. I am sure your fingers are busy with your beading. I hope you gets lots done for your show.

I will be leaving on Sunday. I will try to check in when I can.

karefree

mailwhale
07-05-2001, 11:30 PM
Yes, I did take in the note and framed picture. It worked well, he said when I went in that he was just about to call me and appologise for being a jerk. A friend watched my kids that night so that we could go out for dinner and talk. And it went pretty well. In the end I asked him if he would please ask me what is wrong when I'm obviously unhappy and help me try to work through it instead of ignoring it...and he said that he would...and I think that is the core issue so I'm fairly optomistic. And time will tell.....

How are you Kare? I'm glad you are planning a get away of your own. Even though it was the worst rain storm of the year, and I was not in the best of moods.....it was really good for me to be on my own for that 30 hours ;)

mailwhale
07-05-2001, 11:31 PM
Oh, And have a great time Dolphin on your vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :cool: :lol: :cool: :)

1Dolphingirl
07-06-2001, 03:14 AM
Well in just a few hours we are off & running. :dizzy: I feel like that guy looks.:) Will I have it together by then? :?:

Kare, I'm so glad to know that the QB are still alive in spirit. I hope that after vacation I can still say I belong. I have plans to be good but who knows what will really happen.

Mailwhale, I thought your last post sounded like you have a smile now. I was so glad to hear that. Hang in there & keep those lines of communication open. Have you tried to work out a once a week date night? Sometimes that helps...although it is hard to make it happen sometimes. :( Keep your chin up Sweety!

Flower, How is the bead production coming? Are you able to work when it gets really hot? I hope you have a good AC.:^:

Have a good 2 weeks ladies. I will miss you all but if I get a chance I will check in on you. Be good...drink your water, exercise, & eat right. ;)

karefree2
07-06-2001, 05:00 PM
I am looking forward to reading magazines and relaxing. I have the 2 latest people, a decorating mag and the new Rosie. I am packing now. I'll check in when I can.

MW, I am happy for you and the hubby. I hope he remebers his promise. Sometimes mens memories aren't quite as long as ours but he should get credit for trying.

Okay, Audri. Check in okay?

Again, has anyone heard from Itsworthit? And where is Cookie?

Hope everyone has a good weekend! I am going to try to!!:dizzy: :D

:lol: karefree:lol:

flower
07-06-2001, 07:15 PM
Hello. Sorry I stayed away so long. It is had to play on the puter w/ Chris at work and the boys stayed another week in Sacramento. The baby takes up all of my time! I am sweltering here in lv. I think we are in for some good lightning so I had better get off line! I am making good progress in my crafts. Thanks for asking! ~aud

flower
07-09-2001, 04:41 PM
new thread time. See ya on #14!