Exercise! - Need an exercise for inner thighs

View Full Version : Need an exercise for inner thighs

Caro30
07-07-2005, 10:00 PM
Could someone recommend a good exercise to tone the inner-upper thigh area? I`ve got all the problem areas covered with my weekly workout schedule.... arms, abs, butt, and especially my outer thighs....I`m already noticing they`re much firmer. I`m just not finding anything that works the inner thighs, and this is an area I need to target.

Anything would help, from floor stretches to something I could do with my resistance bands or stability ball or even a DVD.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Ilene
07-08-2005, 01:32 AM
Lunges, walking lunges, squats with or without weights depending on your strength, they all work the legs quite well... The best way though to get rid of the fat that's on any part of your body is through diet and exercise that creates a calorie deficit. That way your body is forced to burn the fat that's on your body as fuel.

Caro30
07-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Thanks Ilene!

I`m on a low calorie plan and have been doing very well for over 2 weeks now. I work out everyday on the elliptical for 35-45 minutes in the afternoon, and a tape at night. I have started the Firm fat-blasting step cardio 3 times a week, (did it first time lastnight) and I hope that`ll help work my legs. They felt the burn afterwards, thats for sure! On the other days I do another workout video, like a dance tape or cardio, and also strength training with bands and weights 3 times a week. I get in about 75-90 minutes a day and it`s feeling wonderful. The first week I started with just the elliptical, added strength training, and this week added the tapes at night.
Exercise is a HUGE part of this lifestyle change for me.

The step tape has all that you described... lunges, squats, weights... so maybe I`m on the right track. :)

Thanks a lot for responding!

teapotdynamo
07-08-2005, 03:16 PM
Just to reiterate what Ilene said, LUNGES have been fantastic for muscling up my inner thighs. Unfortunately, I still have that *lovely* layer o' fat that I have to burn off (since unfortunately, spot reduction just ain't possible), but I can definitely feel the muscles underneath developing like crazy. Can't wait to get rid of more of the fat to show them off! :lol:

Stayc
07-08-2005, 04:10 PM
The Firm videos are the way to go, I just started them myself but one of my best friends lost over 80 pounds and she exercised with just the firm 4 days and week w/ 20 min of cardio and her problem areas look great she stated the firm really works out the legs and arm so I would continue with the Firm and Good Luck.
Stacey