Support Groups - Royals: Seventh Month, Now or Later? Challenge

Amarantha2
07-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Ok, :queen: s, Amarantha be takin' a bit o' the proverbial animal by the horns here and askin' the Towel Boys to open the Great Hall to a new challenge houseparty. Be there or be square. :D

Our Firecracker Challenge be history and it is the SEVENTH MONTH O' THE YEAR, HERE 'N methinks the time hath come to assess or reassess our fitness/weight management/health/etc. goals for the rest of what's kind o' the "hump" o' the year ... if we're happy w'im ... then let's PROUDLY reiterate 'em. If not, let's come up w' some new ones, whadda say?

Amarantha would like to challenge everyone to state a SEVENTH MONTH goal with a final reporting date of July 31, but a request for regular updates and a FOCUS on the goal!!! What goal will put ya into the right frame o' mind/body to have a wonderful FALL SEASON? What floats ye're fitness/mind/body boodie boatie? :dizzy:

We've been sadly missin' some :queen: s in action these recent weeks 'n the Towel Boys are demoralized by this! Let's get some PARTICIPATION, let's get some sis boom 'n bah, let's talk it over and STATE THOSE GOALS!!! :gossip:

:cheer:

Ok?

Yay.

Kaylets
07-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Here we go Friday! Here we go!

Thought of the day :

"Quitters never win and winners never quit"

Question of the day :

"Share your memory of your first purchase from a vending machine."

deleted2
07-08-2005, 07:52 PM
Am I in the right place? There was some talk of canceling this thread on the last one, so I'm wondering.
This one looks perfectly fine though! :)

Amarantha2
07-08-2005, 09:24 PM
E, I had posted the thread but :queen: K had an idea and I thought we should go with that one and I tried to delete this one ... but it won't delete ... thought we would just let it die out as Royals are now postin' on both and all is confusion.

Sorta like my life, but that's another story. :)

Posted on the other thread (or some thread) about things not going well on my beat and am still in process of deciding what to do ... otherwise I had a decent day

Too braindead to post a coherent thought here ... I will be coming up with a challenge goal by Sunday. I find that no matter how bad things get, I don't feel like giving up on gettin' the bod healthy and strong and reaching my weight goal(s) ...

Amarantha2
07-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Well, ok, sorry I confused the court with the on-again, off-again talk, so I'M STAYIN' HERE!!! :lol: Posted breadcrumbs in previous thread ...

HERE IS MY SEVENTH MONTH CHALLENGE THEN: I will do some form of exercise every single day and I will declutter every single day. I will report on my success here and in my journal and on the diet software. Huzzah.

Gotta run ... walkin' in park.

Still really upset over work situation and need to get rid of that state of mind.

avwoolf
07-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have read all of your posts for some time now, and I love the generous, intelligent, thoughtful, funny conversation.

I introduced myself over on the "body for life" thread that Eydie started a while ago. I have, in the past, been a yo-yo dieter. I did better last year than I ever have, but still when I got on the scale two weeks ago, I see that I have gained back 20 of the 35 pounds I lost.

Riddle me this, royals.

Is it really true that that a person can "eat everything in moderation," if she has a history of immoderation in some things. I have been a vegetarian for 30 years, and I eat all the things that are good for me; all the things that will keep me alive until I am 113 garlic, tomatoes, brocolli, onion, kale, collard greens, black beans, and blah, blah, blah... No trans fats, no high fructose corn syrup, you know the routine.

But I love potato chips and cheese and olive oil, and chocolate, and fried green tomatoes. I know that I cannot wipe them out of my life or make them special occasion foods, but can I realistically ever expect to maintain a weight of normal BMI if I don't? Are we being sold a bill of goods with this moderation thing.

I don't really mean for you to tell me whether or not I can do it, but I would love to hear your personal perspective.

Thanks

Amarantha2
07-09-2005, 01:50 PM
Hi, avwoolf!!! :wave: Glad you've decloaked and put your feet up on the trestle table in the Great Hall. It is great to have a new :queen: on the block, though I hear tell ye've been w' us in spirit for awhile. :)

Mmmm, my perspective on thy musing ... for one thing, it seemeth to me that all the things you say you love are quite reasonable, sane and healthy choices (with the possible except o' potato chips, but in moderation why not have 'em if ya like 'em).

I know for me, I had to get really, really strict for awhile in the sugar bustin' department, now I also am building permission into my life for a bit o' cake now 'n then and for me this has to be very, very sparingly as it's a slippery slope there as far as ME ... but we are all different.

I also know that having downloaded the Fitday PC software has revolutionized my thinking on what I now need to do to maintain a healthy diet. (I need to lay off the saturated fat for one thing, the software has clarified that for me ... I'm eatin' way too much of it, more than when I was eatin' cupcakes all day).

Personally, I ABSOLUTELY think anyone can realistically expect to maintain a normal weight (although "normal" is a relative thing) and BMI whilst eatin' whatever they wish, if those are foods that work for that individual. It's just a matter of findin' out what works and runnin' with it.

Different foods satisfy different people, to cut out all foods that make us feel good seems like a bad idea to me (although I DID have to cut out the cupcakes, dulce de leche, Carmello bars, Slimfast in cans and other junk I was livin' on before February ... and going back would be lunacy).

Re chocolate ... Westsoy's UNSWEETENED chocolate soymilk is to die for, BTW. Now they have unsweetened vanilla and almond flavors ... no added sugar (just the sugar in the soybeans), no added sweeteners of any kind ... a little bit of an acquired taste but very chocolate. This is heaven to me! :)

deleted2
07-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Excellent questions, avwoolf---wish I had some excellent answers. It really is such an individual thing and if you can find the joy in finding your way thru the maze so much the better. :)

Here's my story: there were some foods that I absolutely couldn't be moderate with, and I had to seriously look at my "addiction" to them and say 'no more'. I my case, I was/am addicted to sugar. When I started I couldn't stop--it would actually be painful for me to just have one cookie. Now that I've stopped eating those things that give me that weird combination of pleasure and pain, I can't tell you how freeing it's been. I can go anywhere, look at the rack of chocolates or the pastry cart, and say 'not for me' and it's okay.
I still eat sweets but they have to be made with my 'approved' sweeteners; maple syrup, rice syrup, barley malt, agave, stevia, fruit concentrate, and very occasionally honey. And when I make any baked goods, I use whole grain flours. This way instead of having eater's remorse afterwards, I feel like I'm really listening to my body and taking care of myself.

wsw
07-09-2005, 07:24 PM
hi avwoolf. welcome!

amarantha-sorry to hear thy work situation is so distressing now!

so--- for this challenge, i will shoot for around 1200-1500 c/day; continue with daily exercise, including back and tai chi; keep up with de-cluttering; and listen to meditation tapes.

today, 1250 c; exercised; and will listen to meditation tape before bed. hi arabella!, and to all the regal ones, have a good evening.

ceara
07-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey...I'm wending my intoxicated way over here...Arabella I can't handling posting on more than one thread at a time so I'm landing here!

Am doing well. My post surgery follow up was good...although he poked and prodded too much and now I'm swollen again...twit...and he said I could do anything.?!?!?...when I mentioned that I lift 80 lb dogs on the table, groom them and show them...that was OK...typical man...needless to say I questioned my friend the nurse-receptionist in his office....she gave me some exercises to do...since I DO have a pool and encouraged me to start walking again...which I plan to do shortly.

I went grocery shopping today unaccompanied and managed to steer that cart around the store...they are cumbersome... and heavy....

Also have discovered the wonder of frozen wine over frozen berries....kinda Sangria like....so my typing is erratic....helps numb the "Pooch"....a reminant of the surgery...it had better go down....although losing 20 lbs would likely help...sigh...

Anyway...just wanted to check in since it has been a while...I've been lurking though.....

:wave: to all.....and Lotsa (((((HUGS))))) for Anagram, You are in my thoughts constantly.

Ceara

Hmmm...need to modify my siggy...you too Empress A...there seems to be a font size default going on.........

Amarantha2
07-09-2005, 07:56 PM
SWORD BEARER, thou art here!!!! :wave: Thanks be thou art recoverin' and have found the palace again through the confusion o' the paths being a bit crossed through the royal forest highway!!!

The font size in my sig is deliberate, though. At least if you are seeing it smaller than the rest of message ... the weight tracker is weird though, if you you click on it, it only shows a page with an elephant and tells ya to go home ... been that way for awhile. :)

Wsw, thanks for the kind words ... it helps to receive supportive comments from my :queen: compadres here at the palace. I had a good day, though, and it sounds like you did also. Congrats on keepin' up with everything.

Would also like to add hugs to Anagramatic and sending the most healin' vibes possible in thy direction ... thou art in our thoughts always, thou knowest!!!

:queen: s, I just saw the most inventive challenge in the land far far away ... I'd thought of something like this but hadn't formulated it ... one of the posters there has vowed NOT TO READ THE NEW HP UNTIL SHE REACHES A CERTAIN GOAL WEIGHT, which is one step on her journey.

I think this is clever, but have not the moral fibre to emulate it.

Sigh.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Some people are so dedicated. Then there's me!

avwoolf
07-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome wsw.

Thank you all for being so hospitable. I know that you all have been together--so to speak--for a long time, and I am grateful for your willingness to share your collective royal highness with me. (If I knew how to include one of those smiley faces, I would do it here).

Also, thanks for the responses to my query. I know sugar is a big issue for alot of people, but I am not really a sweet gal. I mean, I am sweet, but... Anyway, I don't really have a problem with sugar, and I don't eat things with refined sugar or white flour. Now, I love chocolate, but I can keep a bag of 70% cocoa dark chocolate in the freezer, and only eat one or two 1/2 inch square pieces per week.

The problem for me is salt and fat, but I think I may be doing what both Amarantha and Eydie suggest, recognition and control. I try to eat the good-for-me fats. In the chippy, crunchy, salty, fried area (which, believe me, is my area. In fact, I have eminent domain. I own the land as far as the eye can see), I like plain chips and crackers, but only if they are free of preservatives and trans fat, and I make my own homemade french fries with canola oil.

So how does this--this weight--keep happening to me? Portion control issues?? I will save that for another day.

Thanks, and best to you all

Amarantha2
07-09-2005, 10:02 PM
avwoolf, I'd say our collective royal highnesses are very lucky to have ya! Thanks for bein' here!!!

Anyone who can only eat a little piece of 70 percent cocoa chocolate per week earns my undying respect! :)

:wave:

P.S. Just go to the advanced posting mode and there's a clickable menu for the smilies. Eventually you'll learn the codes for 'em and can just type 'em in, which is faster. :s:

ceara
07-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Yes I be back...and forth. You'd be a great greeter A, but likely bored too soon.

Welcome to Avwoolf! The sugar struggle is one we all face...but I also like the fat and salt....and it helps when the masters can give us words of encouragement and strategies to deal with ourselves! These ladies are my heroes!

:wave: Wsw! Glad to hear you're doing better these days.

Empress A...the size is gynormous. I just took mine off for the nonne. Also if you're not logged in the trackers and siggies don't appear at all....they used to...I guess maybe they are refining the site again?

Anyway...gotta go...stuff to do and a journey to make...:wave:

Ceara

Arabella
07-10-2005, 11:06 AM
So nice to see the royal joint jumpin'! I'm having such a nice relaxing weekend -- had a momentary impulse to get some work done yesterday but just waited quietly until it went away! I've mostly stuck to my decision not to work overtime unless there's some extreme need for it. Last week I made it back to tai chi class! :cp:

We're planning (well, mostly I'm planning :rolleyes: ) my 50th bday party next Saturday. I'm so psyched! There seems to be a consensus among my friends and relatives turning 50 this year that 50 is the POWER year for women. I'm making my peace with getting older. :yes:

Felt so unblocked yesterday, so happy (oh -- i still feel good and positive today, but you know what it's like when the sun bursts through!). I thought "I don't have to wait to be slender to be happy, everything in my life does not have to be perfect for me to be happy." I've started putting more emphasis on looking after myself and tending to my needs and I think it's really paying off.

Re: The seventh month challenge, I'm attaching my checklist -- I haven't been actually checking it off, but am starting today (esp. since I already did so many things on it! :s: ) It's a bit on the demanding side, but I'm not expecting perfection. The main thing is that I WILL pay attention and try to do these things and I know my life will be SO much better for it :yes:

A big welcome to our newest :queen: avwoolf! Thank you for joining us. You're right -- we're FABULOUS, if we do say so ourselves! :lol:

As for your diet-related musings -- the most successful weight loss plan I was ever on was, essentially, eating exactly what I wanted at any given time, but only eating if I was hungry and aiming for mostly healthy stuff. I found, although I had permission to eat absolutely anything, that when I'm actually hungry and can eat what I want that I almost invariably want healthy food. The other component of that was to try not to obsess about weight or food, but to try to ensure that my needs were met. I'm trying to get back to that way of life again.

Amarantha, MY DEAR!!! Some people ARE so dedicated -- and count thy royal self foremost among them. Your success in this journey towards health has been positively ASTOUNDING!!! You're a constant inspiration, you are. Psst: tell the universe you need a more worthy job and then keep your eyes and ears open...

:queen: Eydie! Congratulations to you and your royal consort! I admire your marriage very much. You two always seem to have such a good partnership and to be so in synch! I'm working on my relationship with my husband, trying to be strong enough in myself that I can appreciate the good parts of it and not let the less positive things overwhelm me.

Anagram -- speaking of royal marriages -- Darling, love to you and yours, peace and strength, always. I hold you in my thoughts :grouphug:

Ceara, thanks so much for that decisive move! Me too -- I do well to post on one thread, mayhap t'other will drift down to the bottom of the threads... Glad you're recovering nicely! Yep, maybe losing 20 pounds would help, but it's always so much easier when one feels healthy and intact, n'est-ce pas?

wsw, so nice to see you! And continuing with the tai chi and meditation, too. Sounds like a lovely visit with the toddler. I love babies, but I positively ADORE toddlers, when they can start letting you know what they think and who they are. Must line up a visit with my own favorite 3-year old!

Ok, all you best and brightest of women -- I must go sit on the deck and drink coffee and read newspapers. I'm resisting starting to say hi to each of you by name for the wholly warranted fear that I'd forget someone. So -- you know who you are, and you know I love you! Let's get out there and spread our royal vibes throughout the universe!

Amarantha2
07-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Hi, :queen: s ... this is a super quickie and I apologize 'cause there's so many nice posties here to respond too but I hafta work at the job from h*ll a bit as well as buy food.

Arabella, thanks so much for the nice comment re mine own dedication ... might I add that thine own self be not slouchy in the inspirating biz as well ... re the job, I will talk to the universe ... mayhap it will talk back? Whadda think?

Ceara, I do think I'd make a good greeter ... hmmm, might like being bored for awhile! :)

Re the sig line, it's not looking big on my screen ... it looks small, just like I set it up. How odd. Re trackers, Arabella's shows me the graphic when I click on it, but mine just shows the elephant screen.

Very weird.

Gotta go!!! :)

Kaylets
07-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Hello all!

HEllo all....

Empress... who is daring to tarnish the royal reputation of the Empress??
Heads off!!

Aria-- COuld use some of your decluttering right about now....

Wsw... GOOD FOR YOU !! and in the heat too!

Short story-- Thurs about 9 pm, during an enormous Thunder and Lightening Storm, DS showed up .... Since then, he's been sleeping here. Leaving when we do.
This morning, I cannot find my keys... yes, they are all together on one big key ring...

Have been searching since dawn... my car is still in the driveway but I don't know what to think....

DH asked DS if the keys were seen around .....

I am literally going thru everything one piece at a time ....

Am sick about it.

And will go back shortly to start a new search in a different room.....

Although the Empress isnt sure she likes the title of the new one she started, I very much like the concept -- of a review and reassess and repair....
( really wanted to say tweak but was on a roll w/ the r's).....

Anagram...--- Thinking of you often, all of us are sending our very best (((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))

Time to look for those keys....

Really hope they are found soon

Kettle is on!
So, I'm off.....
W/ a duplicate post of the the same story....

Amarantha2
07-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Thanks, K!!! Mayhap I will let 'em keep their heads, but won't invite 'em to tea!!!

Dinna fret, thy keys will be found, hopefully ... this happens to me all the time.

Sometimes I have to have more keys made, though, but I'm sure that won't be the case with thou.

Sorry about the stress you're goin' through ... not fair!

Arabella
07-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Sweet Kaylets! :grouphug: So sorry for the DS stress! I hope that the current crisis is over soon and he's on his own two feet. Breathe, and repeat as necessary -- remember that this too shall pass. Likely, as our Empress suspects, DS'll be fine. And the tough love that you've been dealing is the only way to help get him there, even though it's difficult to manage some times. Hope you found those blanketty-blank keys immediately upon signing off, too. :yes:

Amarantha, I thank thee for the comment about me bein' inspiratin'. Hmmm... not in the weight-loss area of late, but I refuse to feel bad about that. Onward!

Re: boring jobs -- yes, I think there's a lot to be said for jobs that let one's mind roam free. I know a guy who's a member in good standing of a dauntingly intellectual family and he works at a supermarket, gathering carts, packing groceries as needed. The reason he likes it, he says, is because it gives him space to daydream all day while he works.

Ok -- first I'm AWOL and next thing you can't get rid of me. Just wanted to share a peaceful interlude: I've a large maple overhanging my deck; we sit beneath it enjoying the cool it exudes. Yesterday, while we sat out there, a gentle rain started to fall and the leaves overhead kept us cozy and dry while we sat listening to the pitter patter of the drops falling on them. Lovely! I don't think I've ever actually experienced exactly that before.

A week ago, on a sunny day, I sat under this same tree meditating. When I opened my eyes, I could see what I'm assuming must be energy: tiny little specks that move like live things, not like the optical things one can see sometimes. My mom and sisters said they'd seen energy around trees before but I never had. It was exhilarating. DH came out and I was sitting there with a goofy grin on my face, but I didn't tell him because he already thinks I'm enough of a fruitcake. :dizzy: K -- I'm gone for the day, now. Promise!

Wildfire
07-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Hello lovies! The Wild one returneth! :queen:

After my recent experience involving weilding a broadsword and a wishful beheading, the notorious EBW (Evil Boss Woman) captured me whilst I roamed the Highlands and set me to work in her slave camp under the watchful eyes of the Sinister Seven (also known as Auditors), toiling 12 hours a day. EBW has left the kingdom to sail the high seas for a week, so if I can cause a major distraction I might also escape the clutches of the Sinister Seven by Friday ('cause that's when the audit is over ;) )

Welcome to our newest Royal, :queen: avwoolf! Glad you joined us!

This is just a "I'm still kicking" post...I'll be back...am cat sitting a beautiful white Maine Coon and must tend to the prince at his palace.

deleted2
07-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Nice to see some of our wandering queens back. Hi Arabella, Wildfire and Ceara!

Kaylets, hope you find those keys! I know you can't help but think.....things. :(

It's been a rather lazy day--I haven't even stepped off the deck today. No, That's not true, I made the long journey to the compost heap, but that's all. I just did 20 minutes of yoga and I didn't know that I've lost my yoga groove, just not as flexible--so my plan is to do yoga every day this week!
Just baked some brownies. I was looking thru an old cookbook and found one of my old favorites for carob brownies. [Anybody remember carob?] Used to make these at a natural foods bakery years ago. No sugar, they're sweetened with honey and have lots of butter. Think I'll warp them all up individually and sock them away in the freezer downstairs, or they'll disappear down my dainty swan-like neck. :s:

Amarantha2
07-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Hmmm, Arabella, I oft feel the presence o' "spirits' (that's what I called 'em when I was little) or somethin' floatin' in 'n amongst trees ... it's more marked in Arizona ...

Wildfire, hope thou escapeth thy captors by Freitag ... they sound scary (aaack, auditors) ...

E, thanks for the yippee skippy in the land far far away ...

:queen: s, I forgot to mention that I'm down 1.4 ... totally due to the Fitday software ... it figured my BMR and other stats to a T and the calorie goal it set was right on target, even a bit better than on target.

Finished work for today and am truly braindead ... effects of brutal week and will get even more brutal, I'm afraid, before it gets better ...

I think that "space to daydream" idea has merit, Arabella.

For now, guess I'll take a nap.

Kaylets
07-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Hello all......

Although I have found some other items I had forgotten about .... alas, no keys..... DH came home and after he saw the efforts I had made, decided to replace the front door lock. I know have car keys and 2 sets of spares.... amd will make sure I have duplicate house keys made too..... I hope the original turns up but am really nervous about where the keys are.....

Its such a big key ring, w/ a remote starter that I can't imagine why I can't find it.....

But at least I am beyond it somewhat.... I want to find them, dread how I might find them and wonder what will happen next.

Dh gets a gold star for being so understanding.... He couldnt believe I couldnt retrace my steps yesterday.... but then again....should I have been able to remember what exactly I did???? Then I'd know where I'd left the keys wouldnt I???? .....
Once he realized that I had torn the house apart he was pretty great about it....

so let me go tell him.....

Kettle is on!

Arabella
07-11-2005, 07:47 AM
Hope all is well in the realm today! I woke up tired and achy, this morning, actually too much exercise yesterday -- gardening kind of expands to fill whatever time. I found myself looking at the clock, being amazed at how late it was getting and doing one more thing that led to bunches more. Ah well, made some progress and will take it a little easier today.

Am going to try to get house in order a bit at a time through the week, preparatory for MIL's arrival Thurs and party on Sat. All is possible, a bit at a time :yes:

I'm attaching yesterday's report, there for accountability and the curious but not taking up thread space.

Kaylets, glad the key issue is solved now, even if the key ring didn't show up. I've lost things for YEARS that eventually surfaced. I've often put things away somewhere carefully, sure I'd remember where I'd put them and then having absolutely no recollection. Hope you didn't go through too much mental anguish -- I know the kinds of bizarre scenarios that I envision in situations like that (not that bizarre scenarios aren't played out from time to time in real life :dz:

Amarantha, I've always been a tree person, just drawn to them as if they were deeply beloved individuals. There is something there, definitely. I've had special relationships with several trees in my life, but mostly when I was a child -- and I'm so happy to be cultivating a relationship with my tree here and now.

Re: the job and the Universe -- I really believe that if we allow ourselves to be led by what we intuit most deeply that we'll be steered towards our best course (not to be overly metaphorical, but sometimes it seems almost unavoidable :rolleyes: ). I think like all creatures of nature, that there's a pattern for us but that we mess it up sometimes with all that free will and overthinking.

Eydie, mmmmm.... yes, I remember carob, chocolate-y but with a nice little distinct taste that puts me slightly in mind of molasses. The brownies sound great and I admire your protective measures to keep them from diving down your swan-like neck :lol: Your lazy day sounds very pleasant, too. I actually withstood DH's workaholic influence on Saturday and skipped some chores, took a pass on going over the last month's finances with him (esp. since he wanted to have a little "nap" ;) afterwards and there's nothing like going over bills to kill the mood for me).

Wild One!!! Lovely to see you! I'm glad that the EBW (why am I reminded of the ROUSes -- Rodents OF Unusual Size -- in The Princess Bride?) is adrift. Good luck escaping the Sinister Seven by the blessed Friday!

I must away! Love to all, mentioned or un- Have a fabulous day!

frogger
07-11-2005, 08:27 AM
avwoolf-WELCOME!!!! :cp:

aria2000
07-11-2005, 09:07 AM
Just found this thread. Duh...

frogger
07-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Another postie for me...

Just wanted to say that I may get some piece and quite today. Co-worker has called out. YEAH!!! :cb:

I also wanted to say that I have a heavy heart about a problem at home. I'll try not to dwell on it here, just prayers for my DH as he battles a problem he admitted to me saturday. He's asked for my help and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Love and support him and help him any way I can figure out. He says he's having a hard time with alcohol. He says he starting to get into the frame of mind like when he can have his next drink. We're battling it now while it's still young before it's too late. I saw it coming, and I've mentioned it several time for him to slow down. Now he sees it for himself. IPlease send him good thoughts.

Arabella
07-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Aria, glad you found us!

Frogger, I know this is a hard time for you, but it's a wonderful thing that your DH realizes he has a problem and is willing to face it. I have faith that he'll be able to beat it, with your help! :grouphug: Lighten your heart, Sweetie, it will get better!

Amarantha2
07-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Quickie visit today, baking chicken and then gotta go to mountains to work.

Aria, also glad you found the way to the current palace ... true :queen: s always find the way home, dinna ye think?!!! You're doin' great w' your challenge.

Arabella, am thinkin' on thy words re the universe/job connection ...

Froggie: Sendin' good vibes thy way ... stay strong.

Anagramatic: Also sendin' vibes ...

Kaylets: It is a universal law that as soon as ye change the locks to the castle, the missing keys turn up ... dinna fret, keys are evil. They are oft times possessed by DEMONS and do unexpected things best left unanalyzed by us mere mortals.

On my journal I have posted my fitness challenge for this week, a version of the Harry Potter challenge someone else posted in their journal in the land far away. Funny thing, the Evil Diet Nanny and Evil Exercise Crone have threatened to take the HP book away from me (actually, I don't have it as no one does, but ...) if I don't do 200 exercise minutes this week.

So far I have NO exercise minutes and don't in fact FEEL like exercise, so it could turn out ugly! Will post about it on journal and spare ya the fantasies in future. :)

Gotta go, Old Dog wants some o' the chicken, which is not done yet. She is in hypervigilant mode and staring at me.

avwoolf
07-11-2005, 09:15 PM
You all have been so busy the last two days!

Believe me, I am so happy to recieve your warm welcomes, and your words of encouragement. Especially the encouragement. These last two days have not been as easy as the ones before, I am not exactly sure why, but I didn't feel the honeymoon excitement and security that you often feel when you first get the courage to restart, jump back on the bandwagon, start the first day of the rest of your life. That is always an exciting time, but yesterday it was flagging a bit. I didn't go overboard, but sometimes it was difficult not to.

Arabella, your just-because happiness, and your words to me about moderation and satiation really hit the spot. Thank you.

Amarantha, this is the second or third time that I have heard you speak about that Fitday PC, I am getting very tempted!

I was so excited to hear your conversation, and hear you support each other and, make us laugh, and make decrees, and send comfort where its needed, that I admit I did not read every single word.

I will go back and do that now.

avwoolf
07-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Frogger, my best thoughts to you and your husband.

Wildfire
07-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Had an Allie MacBeal moment this morning as the auditors lined up at my desk to dump more work on me. Visions of talking heads on spikes lined up outside the castle walls...rather gory and medieval...it has been a LONG audit.

Arabella, I have always felt a connection with the trees...probably some druid background in my ancestors or somethings. ;) The neighbors think I am crazy because every night I give the tree that is on city property on the street side of the sidewalk in front of my house two buckets of water to keep him from wilting in this unholy heat we're having this year. I swear I can feel a whisper of relief and a soft thank you rustle through his branches. I'm out there watering my plants and trees...just can't neglect the poor thing. If this heat keeps up I may start watering the one two houses down, too! Gardening is great exercise, and your body certainly will let you know it for a couple of days after a good spell at it! Epsom salts work!

Yes, EBW is adrift, unfortunately not on an ice floe somewhere. She will come ashore for Monday.

Kaylets, sorry about the disappearing keys and the frustration of trying to find them. Better safe than sorry, though.

Frogger :grouphug: the first step to fixing a problem is admitting it exists. It was very brave of your DH to do that and to realize it is time to get control. I'm proud of him!

Wow, Amarantha...another 1.4 gone! This FitDay software sounds good...I've used the free website, but must look into this.

avwoolf, don't let the ups and downs discourage you. Just grab a No Guilt token and a Fresh Start card from the table near the door and climb back on the wagon! :queen: Kaylets keeps us in good supply, use as needed, no limits, no expirations!

:grouphug: Anagram :grouphug: Hope DH is continuing to improve and you are holding up. Think of you both often.

Hello to Eydie, wsw, ceara, Punkin (where art thou?), aria, and anyone I'm missing.

For your viewing pleasure:

My fat cat Salem, 22lbs of pure love and trust:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/MsSherlock/SalemJuly.jpg

The first lilly to bloom in my back yard! I am loving all these garden surprises in our new house!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/MsSherlock/Lilly.jpg

deleted2
07-12-2005, 06:51 AM
Frogger, I agree with Wildfire that your husband is very brave. What a gift to be able to see the truth about oneself!

Arabella, my husband says "nap" too. Funny.... :lol:

avwoolfe, I know that we all know how you feel about wondering how to keep the motivation going. Susan Powter said that 'the motivation is in the doing' and I've found that it's true for me. Alas, motivation doesn't just magically descend on us, we have to work at it, and the honeymoon does wear off. Preplanning meals and exercises the night before helps me a lot, and reading fitness books and magazines, perusing cookbooks with healthy recipes, checking in here, just generally having a fitness project of some kind going on all the time.

Amarantha2
07-12-2005, 07:17 AM
[color=blue][b]Well, actually, it's almost 4 a.m. and I can't sleep (again) so here I am ... :wave:

Work has got me upset (again) ... I need a life (again) ... anyhow, I digress, just wanted to say hello to all.

Avwoolf, re the honeymoon phase wanin' a bit here 'n there, we hear ya! :) Dunno, I use anything and everything to keep my head in this game ... fantasy diet challenges (which I mostly post on the journal in the land far far away), new diet software (I LOVE the Fitday PC, but have also tried Dietpower which is very good but messed w' my computer, but loads of people really like it ... I've also used spreadsheets to create food logs that auto calculate all the numbers for me ... that's a cheap way to go). The personal trainer I've used for years also helps, even if I can't really afford her, I'm not sure I can afford NOT to use her as I need to be fit 'n strong to face the future. Dunno, it's really hard ... sometimes when I fall off the proverbial four-wheeled horse-drawn vehicle, I just say ok I messed up there, but gotta get back on ... 'cause otherwise there's that slippery slope over there and I don't wanna go there ...

Hmmm. I am ramblin' because it is too early in the a.m. for me to be up.

Sometimes, :queen: s, I wonder WHO I am talkin' to when I am talkin' to my employers. DELETION ... hmmm. I typed the whole dang story of an incident at work but decided it would make me recognizable to someone who may (or not) lurk on this site ... paranoia abounds.

Going back to bed.

Apologies to all for wakin' anybody up ... I think K has a pot o' tea on the hob in the Great Hall if ye can't get back to sleep!

frogger
07-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Good Morning Royals!

Thanks for all the well wishes and thoughts. DH appreciates all the support.

I did nothing yesterday when I got home. No excersising, no decluttering, no cooking (aside from throughing some green beans in the micro). DH grilled us some BBQ chicken and we had green beans. Was delish and I have left overs for today's lunch. (Should my day actually get that far. Supposidly boss will be leaving early and so am I if this is true...)

More to post later. Gotta grab some coffee. I hear the SF rasberry syrup calling!!!! :coffee:

aria2000
07-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Calories: 1870
Walking: 15 minutes
Decluttering: no, but admiring my new organization :)

anagram
07-12-2005, 08:28 AM
Had only the time to find the new "digs" to say a brief "hi". Looks like lots of catchup to do someday.

Saga continues. But dh occasionally undrugged enough to give me a brilliant smile when I show up. Worth it all. Still critically ill. But they tell me - one step at a time. Unfortunately, it's one forward, one back sometimes - sort of like weight loss in a way.

Blessings to all!

Amarantha2
07-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Blessed be back at ye, Anagramatic!!! Thanks for the check-in!

Amarantha2
07-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Royals, I am not able to post from diet sites at work anymore ... for the nonce, we'll see 'bout that! :)

Let's keep boostin' this thread ... let's get loads of participation during this challenge period.

Sis boom 'n bah. Rah.

WHAT is this challenge about, again?

Oh, the SEVENTH MONTH, THE HUMP O' THE YEAR!!!

Hear, hear ... let's hear from everyone on that! :lol:

Seriously, I have a QOD: What does it mean to me to be more than halfway through the blessed year 2005?

"Blessed" is to be taken anywhichway ya choose?

I'll think of an answer to mine own question tonight!!!

Arabella
07-12-2005, 01:56 PM
Having somewhat of a frustrating day here, mostly to do with editing -- my assistant wants to write content and I'm trying to teach her the arcane secrets of our highly specialized content. She has little-to-no writing experience, and I'd rather just write it myself, but she wants to learn. So. She keeps submitting her attempts and I send them back to her full of comments and suggestions. It's so much more difficult than creating things from scratch. Hard to explain to her what's wrong. Sigh.

The other editing frustration is that the former site editor asked me to edit a script for our first audio presentation. Which I did, painstakingly correcting what was not a very promising document. Took a whole morning, just to edit it and it was no easy task. This morning, another editor sent me the audio file, looking for feedback (I suspect she didn't know I "edited" the file) and found that almost all of my changes had been ignored. I should have known from past experience -- I do love the former ed., but she has absolutely no ability to deal with constructive criticism, even if she asks for it in the first place. So -- the presentation was not well written and very poorly organized. And I'm mad because I wasted way too much time trying to make it half-ways acceptable.

Bah. Enough of that. I know I need to meditate, but am resisting. I will do it, though, because now I said I would. Am attaching my report for yesterday.

Anagram, hooray for the radiant smile of thine DH!!! Hang in there... :grouphug:

Amarantha, I will have to think about QOD.... :chin:

Wildfire, your lilies & kitty are beautiful! I've got the same kind of lily coming into bloom in my back yard (but my kitty is a big fluffy orange guy).

Eydie -- well, my husband always does sink into a deeeeep sleep eventually ;)

K -- back to the salt mines. I'm trying to work out a technical issue that makes it impossible for me to send email from Outlook to anyone that's not on my VPN. :rolleyes: So my day passeth. Love to all!

wsw
07-12-2005, 02:33 PM
frogger-sending you and dh good thoughts during this challenging time. good for dh for recognizing a problem, and having the guts to deal with it, and for your support for him. hang in there!

kaylets-glad that you got new locks and that dh was understanding. it sure can be frustrating and creepy to lose keys. hopefully, their disappearance will be revealed soon.

hi amarantha-congrats on lbs. down! sorry work has your royal highness down. i have been waking up at 4:30am, 3:30am, etc. a lot lately, so certainly sympathize with being up in the wee hours.

arabella-loved your tale of your tree. i love trees too, and had almost forgotten what a calm they used to bring me until seeing what you wrote. when i was a little girl, i used to walk over by a creek near my home, and sit under this beautiful old tree, which somehow always felt like a soothing, supportive friend.

hi wildfire! good to "see" you. your cat is so cute. glad that you are enjoying the beautiful flowers and everything else about your new house.

ceara-glad that you are continuing well along your surgery recovery road!

anagram-as always sending warm thoughts and hugs, and hope dh continues to improve. thanks for checking in with us!

aria-congrats on all that organizing you did, and happy to hear you are enjoying the fruits of your labors.

hi avwoolf, eydie, and to all our royals, mentioned and -un. thinking about you!

yesterday, had 1490 cals, and day before, 1575. have stuck with exercise and meditation too. the other day, when i was able to get out on my own steam, i saw sweet film/documentary, "mad hot ballroom," which i really enjoyed. amarantha-thinking about your qod-mostly it scares me that i am half way through the year, because of how quickly time passes for me. on the flip side, it feels like a positive because now i still have almost half a year to still make some changes which i would like---so that's what i will concentrate on! thanks for that reminder, amarantha. i needed to hear that today. take care, all.

avwoolf
07-12-2005, 04:20 PM
I am having a good day today.

Work is going pretty well, too. I work for a non-profit agency, and we have funding ups and downs as you might imagine, but we are coasting along pretty well right now. We had a meeting this morning on a particular project, just myself, and two other people. I asked them to come here, and have the meeting at my house where we can drink coffee from my homey, slightly strained mugs instead of styrofoam cups. It makes a difference to change the scene once in a while, and I think brains work just as well or better when they are on the screen porch being fed good strong coffee from a mug that belongs to somebody. Plus, my kids are home, and it's almost like take your daughter/son to work day!

I am doing well on the eating, exercise, and nutrition too--despite a couple of slips. I have to concentrate on what you said Amarantha, preparing myself and my body for all the things I still have to do and be.

Eydie, I also like what you got from S. Powter about be powered by motivation. It is a little bit like what my mother used to say "fake it till you make it."

Frogger, I was a good thing to give yourself that break. Sometimes in life, we can call a time out.

Wildfire, thanks for suggesting that I pick up a Guilt Free token. It is a powerful currency!

Amarantha. I will take up the challenge, and request (require) two things of myself for the balance of July.

1. Get to the gym at least three days out of seven (and work out at home at least 3)

2. Not complain about motivation, willpower, or weightloss

QOD--As I near the important birthday of the big 5-0 (about 22 months from now), each month that takes me closer to that date makes me pay close attention, and analyze what I do with every month and every day. I am excited to celebrate half a century of living and learning, but I want to have a clear head, a clear conscience and a strong mind when I do. It is like having to plan for a wedding or a big dinner party, and looking at the calendar, and realizing that you thought you would be further along by now.

Kaylets
07-12-2005, 11:04 PM
Hello all!

ANAGRAM!!! Thanks for the update! We are thrilled to hear DH is making progress!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))) ))))))))) from all of us!

Q Avwoolf--- I am remiss in welcoming you ! Am glad you have joined us.
And yes, 50 can be very motivational... it finally motiavted me to get going and get it done b/4 51... and .... I am just realizing I was very close but did make that challenge.... I did make my goal B/4 my 51st bday and am thrilled.
Its not how important the tiny decisions seem that we have to make all day but how those decisions impact the finish line....

Keys are still lost.... I am using this as motivation for the 15 minutes of decluttering.... Literally emptying a drawer, box, shelf, etc, etc and doing my best not to just dump all "As is" back in.... Some of my results from Sunday are still suprising me when I see them...

Work continues to be crushingly busy... .not quite as many hours as what Wildfire is experiencing but still very busy....

Frogger... 1st step is on the way... There are very wise folks who would know what to tell you and dh .... If DH is concerned then, for him its a problem... no one can decide for him.... he cannot compare w/ how more/less is drunk compared to anyone else.... He is trying to be the father and husband the women he loves know he is....
I can tell you for sure, AA has helped 1000's and 1000's of folks who thought they couldnt stop drinking....and their families too...

Wsw! You always have such lovely, supportive, insightful things to say....
You always make me feel like you are patting me on my hand, saying " there, there dear... we'll see this through too."

Eydie-- Oh dear! Brownies... carob.... whole wheat flour? and..... did you wake up wanting more, more, more???
I think I must have this recipe....PLEASE!!

Arabella... Here in the states, those of us of a certain age group used to say when there was absolutely nothing else to say when AGAIN no one listened to the one who knew..... "F......'em if they can't take a joke." In other words,
you will have to remember next time and all future times, to limit your input and know that too will be ignored.

Aria! Glad you found us! I was getting ready to send the footmen to find thee....

Empress..... My job too won't let me come here.. I can get to the WW site but not here....Too busy to post here in the daytime but still, it would be nice to know I could if I had the time...
And we both seem to be on the same mind set.....

As Punkin said one time when I had announced "I've made up my mind"..... it's just a matter of time now.....

I need to hit the shower .....

Expect to see you all tomorrow evening....

Thought of the day :

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
-- Mark Twain

Question of the day :

"Share your last disappointment."

Tea anyone?

Amarantha2
07-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Yo, :queen: s, I be braindead! Came on here to answer mine own question that I posed earlier but too tired and will do so tomorrow and answer K's QOD also ... there be so much good philosophical talk here in the Great Hall today ... if only I were not so tired ...

Avwoolf, I am really happy thou be amongst us. I know I said so previously but upon further acquaintance I wanted to say it again.

To all, mentioned or unmentioned ... I'll be back and respond when I'm awake!

Arabella
07-13-2005, 07:40 AM
I had kind of a sucky day yesterday, but am into turning things around this morning. I let stress get me and was stuck spinning my wheels and just getting muddier all day. Skipped tai chi. Succumbed to carb therapy. Didn't get enough sleep but woke up with the determination not to let it happen again. All day, I kept thinking I should look to the list and do some of those things that will make me feel better. Tried to meditate but kept getting interrupted. Anyway, that day is gone and -- as :queen: Kaylets says, Today's the day! We only have so many and 'tis foolish to waste them :yes: Onward!

Amarantha, so glad you're still meditating on your good question. Me too! We seemed to be in synch with the stress non-sleeping last night. Let's make our stress go away today!

Wildfire, I am likewise prone to Ally McBeal moments -- I remember years ago, when I was heartily sick of a boyfriend I should never have dated in the first place, he was yammering on about something -- as he was wont to do -- and I was entertaining myself with a vision of a large crane-type piece of machinery rolling up, swinging down and lifting him up up and away, driving off, boyfriend and yammering receding into the distance.

Kaylets, that is precisely what I decided -- next time, I'll just take a few minutes and send some general comments. I really so much prefer dealing openly about things, but I just am not sure it would be helpful in this situation. Ah well, compromise is a fact of life, n'est-ce pas? Thank you for the translation of that good saying, too :lol:

avwoolf, I'm admiring your preparations for the half-century mark. It's really only the last six months that I've started to come to terms with it and really only about a week that I felt positive about it. Mostly just resigned before. This is better :yes:

wsw, it seems like many of us are tree folk, doesn't it! Yesterday I took a stroll through the woods near my house (part of a park). It was so quiet and so green, very peaceful. I took a moment and did my morning prayer/focusing exercise and it had a very powerful impact. I felt almost as if I'd been transported. Now to just hold on to the feeling! Actually, I find it's a pleasant place to go to in my mind. Do you have trees near you that you can visit?

K, dovies, I must away. 'Tis a big day! Love to all, mentioned or un-

aria2000
07-13-2005, 07:59 AM
Calories:1880
Walking:15 minutes
Decluttering: no (I have been reading a juicy book lately instead...)

Amarantha2
07-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Still meditating on my own question, Arabella! Will get there!!! :)

Verra blah today ... going to take day off from work of any kind ... maybe that will help the brutal stress that's descended upon my fried brain.

Probably not, though. :s:

Amarantha2
07-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Hmmm, maybe there ISN'T an answer to what it means to me to be halfway through this year that I once thought was so significant.

Maybe I don't care.

Maybe I do.

Maybe I am ambivalent.

Well, that's what don't care and do care at the same time mean, Amarantha!

I have a headache!

I wanna buy an MP3 thingie but am too blah to move away from this chair.

Apologies for the two back-ta-back posties and the lack of positivity therein.

I'm fine, really.

Uh-huh.

Arabella
07-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Amarantha: Uh-huh. Me too. All of it. :lol:

I can't summon the mental energy to even truly consider your question, so am v. glad that you can't either.

And I'm sorry you don't feel positive and also that I got such a good chuckle at your second postie, and am thus quite glad you posted it.

I am not going to let my afternoon degenerate today. Will do those things that need doing and find myself some space for ME.

I want an MP3 thingie too but my husband won't let me buy one. See how blessed you are?

Amarantha2
07-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Arabella, yup! :lol:

I didn't buy it, though. Too much trouble. A nap sounded better.

Aria, what novel art thou readin'?

I just posted on your journal ... keep a' trekkin' !!!!

avwoolf
07-13-2005, 05:38 PM
"Woman walks into a bar with a talking dog. The bartender says...'

Well, I am not sure what the bartender says, but Amarantha and Arabella, I will do extensive research to find an A-1 quality joke, if it will bring good cheer. On the other hand, Amarantha maybe you are right. A nap sounds better.

Sweet dreams...with visions of MP3s dancing in your heads.

wsw
07-13-2005, 07:28 PM
had 1610 cals today; exercised; and did some serious de-cluttering. greetings to all the royal kingdom.

Kaylets
07-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Hello all!

How perfect! I am blah tired too...just waiting for the washer to finish and then I am done....

Just chatting as I cannot think more than where each finger should be pointed...

Thought of the day :

"To the world, you might be only one person, but to one person, you just might be the world."

Question of the day :
"What in the world were you thinking?"

boy oh boy, its crazy to be staring on computers for so long....you're eyes really do use lots more energy than we think...

Goodnight all

deleted2
07-14-2005, 06:55 AM
Grrrrr...what a way to start the day. :( I've been knocking myself out cutting calories and really putting my heart and soul into my workouts and I weigh myself this morning, and no change! As a matter of fact I may even weigh a pound more. I'm firmly at 138 pounds. And here's the thing: I honestly don't know what else I can do to get the number to go down.

So here I am, where I've been so many times before. I'll keep on keeping on since i don't have a choice, but I'm frustrated. What part of the puzzle am I missing??!!

aria2000
07-14-2005, 08:18 AM
Calories: 1560
Walking: 65 minutes
Decluttering: :dizzy:

I tossed a bunch of colorful cut-outs from a French magazine for children last night and I had second thoughts this morning, so I took them out of the paper trash, in case my son hadn't seen them...

Amarantha ~ To answer your question, the book is Mozart in the Jungle by Blair Tindall (I happen to know several people in the book, lol).

Eydie ~ Hang in there!

Have a great day everyone! :balloons:

Arabella
07-14-2005, 09:04 AM
The day hath arriveth and soon so doth mine MIL. 10 people for dinner tonight. And there must be 50-75 coming Saturday night. Am I crazy? Perhaps. ( :yes: ) I'm feeling better this morning, put some effort into it and also got a submission from a new freelancer that was almost perfect as is. Made my heart sing! :lol:

Eydie, is it possible your body wants to be 138? Other possibility: I KNOW whenever I increase exercise intensity my muscles retain water for a while.

Kaylets, that QOD --- you must have been chanelling me! I was thinking yesterday how I always do this: invite, invite, invite for a big party and then a few days beforehand think just that "What in the world was I thinking? Now I've got all these people coming to my house." And then I do a mini-freak out. Nothing is ever perfect and it's always fine and we have fun. :shrug: I think I over-anticipate :chin:

I'm tired too, but okay in a global kind of sense.

K -- I must be off. Have to get work done in advance of MIL arrival. Love to all! Let's make this a good one.

Aria, I must go check out that book. Novel-reading and discovering what others are reading is of great interest to most of the Royal Court!

avwoolf
07-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Hi Eydie,

This question has vexed me for my entire--way too long--dieting life. What happens to me, each and every time I reduce my calories in order to lose weight is that I decide not to get on the scale for some period of time. Either I decide only once a week or, I have tried to get around the experience you had this morning by only getting on once a month, and last year when I lost alot of weight, I stayed off the scale for 6 months.

That plan sounds like it should work great, and for many, many people it does. For me, obviously, the six month abstinence worked very well, I lost alot of weight. But, generally, I have decided that here is the problem for me. Whenever, I finally get on the scale, it does not register as low as all the hard work I have been doing suggests it should. I get very frustrated, and upset. I decide it is impossible, and I stop working out and paying attention to what I eat. I don't always do it consciously, but when I find myself slacking off, and I try to figure out why, I can always trace it back to my bad day on the scale.

I know people say that you should only use the scale once a week because one's weight fluctuates so much every day (because of water), so, I am trying something different for the very first time. Have I thrown my scale out? No, I get on the scale every single morning.

It has been working beautifully, here's why, and I will use you as an example. Let's say that water weight fluctuation thing is true and this is what yo-ur scale did this week (except you did not see it because you did not weigh yourself

Thursday the 7th-138
Fri-137.6
Sat-138.2
Sun-138.2
Mon-137.2
Tues-138.5
Wed-137.1
Thurs-138

With my luck, and maybe yours, you get on the scale on a day that is registering water weight. What I do now, becuase I am able to see the whole week is say, "I started out last Friday at 138, the fairly mysterious, though somewhat reliable laws of physics and human metabolism say that if I exercised____ amount during this week, and ate only ______ calories, I cannot have gained or retained the same amount of fat I had last week. And the scale did say at one point this week that my body was only heavy enough to force its needle up to 137.1. The 138 doesn't shock me, and I assume it is one of those water weight fluctuations.

So....you say to yourself (and here is the kicker, and the single most important element of this strategy) "I was so disciplined this week, and I from my meticulous records I see that I only put 1375 calories per day in my mouth, I can not possibly weigh more than the lowest number I recorded this week."

Note: This method has also helps you be more thoughtful about what you put in your mouth during the week. It only works if you are absolutely sure of your intake.

Does this sounds totally crazy?????

I know that this won't work for everyone, and I know that some people don't need it, they can wait until next week when they will likely register a 3 pound loss. But I am very much suceptible to water weight, and to the frustration of not seeing a loss after hard work. This is only my second week, but I feel like I have conquered the scale.

Amarantha2
07-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Oh, gosh, the QOD got me mentally back in that place I was in after my accident in March ... what was I thinking? I kept askin' myself that over and over.

Dunno.

deleted2
07-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the support! :) Arabella, that's so odd about retaining water when you increase intensity--why is that?

Avwoolfe, until fairly recently I did weigh myself daily And I did see some wild fluctuations in the numbers, so you're absolutely right.

I feel better now--just a whiney baby this morning. It'll take more than that to make me give up. ;)

I've been doing well with this week's yoga project. Really getting into it. I did 65 minutes this morning. I'd forgotten how intense yoga can be!

Amarantha, breathe.....

Kaylets
07-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Hello all!!!

Eydie....I wonder if you are "taking a rest" ( your body weight) or even if you're not eating enough to lose.....
As one who still weighs myself daily ---and was the best lesson of my weight loss journey to understand how we are really always in motion and not static....and as for one who often times had no clue what exactly made the weight come off more one week than the next.....
.... Since my "stomach virus/whatever" .... I noticed I have dropped a pound still even from the drop when I was sick.... I have dropped a couple of fruit servings and at least 5 dairy servings a week..... The dairy is something I 'm not sure I would recommend.... the fruit, I know I often "overate".....

I have far less cravings than I have in years but not sure if that's still a throwback to being stomach sick or if I'm sensitve to the sugar in fruit...
Never thought I was but you never know do you.....

I feel less overwhelmed tonight although I have to call the WW's director of my area and tell her that the change in my schedule will NOT happen as I had hoped. There was an opening Tuesday's I was hoping to jump at for WW's but I can't see how it will happen this month. I would rather call them and tell them "sorry, keep me in mind if something opens that fits my current schedule and I'll let you know the minute my schedule changes ...."
Which I have decided to go full steam ahead. I have a couple of possibilties right now but am wondering if a nice slim gal like myself could work at the UPS place.... early in, early out.. lots of physical activity....hmmmmm

we'll see...

Thought of the day :

"The future is NOW"

Question of the day:

"Do you people can foretell the future?"

Just made some Sleepy Time...

Which reminds me, I have a blackberry bush in the backyard... wonder if I could use the leaves for tea.... or do I dry the fruit??

anyway...

Kettle is on!

wsw
07-15-2005, 08:51 PM
finished yesterday with 1550, and today with 1590 cals; did my regular exercise both days. even in this brutal heat, i don't seem to have lost my appetite. ah well! hope everyone is having a good evening. take care.

Kaylets
07-16-2005, 06:42 AM
Hello all....

HERE WE GO SATURDAY !! HERE WE GO!!!

OK...

Did I mention I had a little party w/ Garlic flavored Triscuits this week??
Not too dangerous but very salty and again.... probably full of things I 'd rather not know about......
Didnt eat them all in one sitting but did have more than one serving.....
And then, two days later, while tired and under stress, I started looking longlingly at a bag of chips that had been sitting opened on the counter for nearly 2 weeks....
AND that's when I knew it was just the chips talking and not any kind of "hunger" of mine....
Although the Triscuits had me thinking I was eating "whole grains" my guess is that there was enough salt/fat/etc to make me think those stale chips would be a "treat" yesterday afternoon....
I resisted .... had SF hot choc instead ...

A reminder lesson for sure....

anyway...

A definite reminder lesson about what can happen when I'm trying to do to much.... as a client asked me on the phone yesterday..." Ever think maybe you needed to slow down?"

hmmmm

Yes, WSW.... isnt it something how the appetite may dim but manages to find its way back ?? yes, sure can relate!!!

I am going to work for a few hours.... the extra work/hours are nearly at an end and I am taking advantage.

I did ask about a change in position whose schedule would've allowed me to leave early enough to take on Weight Watchers meetings and was told in about 10 seconds flat that the position " was not open"..... I politely said, "I understand, please keep me in mind if things change"..... as I happen to know the person temporarily covering it has no intentions of keeping it. She was working a 5 hr day and is now required to work 7.5.... she is only a temp and told me even one week of the extra hours is creating domestic drama....
They may offer her the stars and the moon to change her mind as she would deserve that (I worked w/ her previously and can attest to her abilities).
No matter what she decides, I am not going to assume the position will be mine if she turns it down.
I am seriously and w/ great motivation researching other options...

Anyway...

Hope everyone is doing well this morning....

KETTLE IS ON!

aria2000
07-16-2005, 08:54 AM
July 14

Calories: 1970
Walking: 15 minutes
Decluttering: no

July 15

Calories: 1980
Walking: 45 minutes
Decluttering: yes

Today I plan to eat much less and do a lot of decluttering since I am leaving on Monday.

Have a great day everyone! :)

Arabella
07-16-2005, 09:51 AM
Fly-by hastie postie: Have humungoid party on for ce soir. 50-75 people. Not stressing, though, will happen as it happens and will be fun! :yes: Nevertheless, I'm a busy girl with things to do. With MIL here and parties & etc. going on all over the place I kind of let the checklist slide the last couple of days, but am back to it, realizing that I'm not going to do everything but will do what I can and be the better for it.

I did a little run in the woods today :cb: :cb:

Kaylets, your message really resonated with me today. Wow -- stress and overwork are deadly for so many reasons. And I know that fatigue and stress are my two worst enemies as far as weight loss go.

K -- must fling self through shower. Love to all! Have a fantastic weekend!

Wildfire
07-16-2005, 11:39 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ARABELLA!!! :hat: :gift: :woo: Enjoy your party!

Kaylets
07-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Yes WoodNymph.... have a wonderful celebration!

Ah well...

Midday....

Here's a grin..

And remember, I technically am blonde too....

The blonde and the chimipanzees.....

A blonde lady motorist was about two hours from SanDiego when she was
flagged down by a man whose truck had broken down.

The man walked up to her car and asked, "Are you going to San Diego?"

"Sure," answered the blonde, "do you need a lift?"

"Not for me. I'll be spending the next three hours fixing my truck. My
problem is I've got two chimpanzees in the back which has to be taken to the
San Diego Zoo. They're a bit stressed already so I don't want to keep them
on the road all day. Could you possibly take them to the zoo for me? I'll
give you $100 for your trouble."

"I'd be happy to," said the blonde.

So the two chimpanzees were ushered into the back seat of the blonde's car
and carefully strapped into their seat belts. Off they went.

Five hours later, the truck driver was driving through the heart of San
Diego when suddenly he was horrified!

There was the blonde walking down the street and holding hands with the two
chimps, much to the amusement of a crowd.

With a screech of brakes he pulled off the road and ran over to the blonde.
"What the heck are you doing here?" he demanded, "I gave you $100 to take
these chimpanzees to the zoo."

"Yes, I know you did," said the blonde, "but we had money left over--so now
we're going to Sea World."

aria2000
07-16-2005, 04:02 PM
:hb: Happy Birthday Arabella!

Amarantha2
07-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Ibid, Wood Nymph!!! :hb:

Hi, Aria!!! :wave:

K, I like the chimp story. :)

wsw
07-16-2005, 04:30 PM
arabella-have a wonderful birthday party celebration this evening!!!!

hi kaylets, aria, amarantha!

it is the usual hot, hot, hot here. need to get out and do a quick errand and then come back and enjoy the 'ole a/c. just wanted to say howdy to the summer palace dwellers.

avwoolf
07-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Happy Birthday Arabella, good tidings of great joy!

wsw--I don't know about the appetit, but you are doing a great job recording and staying within a very sane calorie range.

Kaylets, I don't know all the protocol here yet, but if jealousy is at all tolerated, I will admit to it here and now. Your cyber joke-telling ability, puts my admitted suckiness at it to shame.

I have already said this on the Body for LIfe thread, but please allow me to say it again.....I LOST TWO POUNDS!!!!

I honestly believe that I owe it all to this place and this space in which you make me so welcome. I know that there are people actually reading about what I am eating everyday, and giving me the thumbs up.

This is me doing a very deep curtsey.

avwoolf
07-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Aria, I am not sure I have had a chance to say hello to you.

So...hello! and have a great weekend.

anagram
07-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Ah, Royals - I find the sun beginning to peak over the horizon. DH has been weaned from the respirator and the world seems a bit brighter. Though he still cannot speak because of the trach, he is communicating better daily. Several varieties of sutures and staples have been removed and other things are moving ahead slowly. Hopefully in a day or two the tube inserted when his lung collapsed will be history. "one step at a time" the doctors keep telling us.

Five and a half weeks of this horror story have done in any semblance of a fit life I may have been enjoying. But I will restart, I will, I will. For now though I am focusing on the small steps dh must continue to make.

The royal prince is here again this weekend. What a strong presence he has been in supporting his parentals. I'll miss him next weekend when business pressures require him to be travelling (sob). DD will also not be here next weekend so HRH and I will have to muddle on.

My hearty congratulations to the Royal Crewe for maintaining their sense of goals and determination. And my hearty welcome to the Royals most recently added to our Royal Census. We are not at all strange (to our way of thinking) and strive only to manifest royal qualities in our search for a most fitting way of life. As well, we strive to be royal in all areas of living as it seems an apt way of "making it" through the many crossroads and strifes that beset even the most stalwart of us. Only occasionally do our royal mantillas slip and our tiaras ride askew and then our fellow court give us the inspiration to straighten up our sorry selves and leave off jousting with the windmills of false promise and return to the tried and true roads to health and happiness.

I ride with y'all in spirit though not personally on a health challenge at the moment.

deleted2
07-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Happy Birthday, dear Arabella! Can't wait to hear about your celebration!

And Anagram! You sound so good--I'm so happy that you're seeing more and more progress with your dear one.

Avwoolfe, congrats on releasing those 2 pounds. More to follow, I'm sure, when they see you're a force to be reckoned with!

Have to go to work today. The sooner I leave the sooner I'll be back!

aria2000
07-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Calories: 1600
Walking: 10 minutes
Decluttering: yes

Not too bad, but I can do better.
When I am away, I will have to rely only on calories. :(
I better make sure I keep to 1200-1600.
I am bringing one pair of strechy jeans, but everything else is sooo tight! :lol:

avwoolf ~ Nice to meet you :)

Have a great day everyone!

Amarantha2
07-17-2005, 09:37 AM
A me-me postie as am in throes o' work!

Lost .6 this week and will be postin' some more goals/challenges for the week in my journal in the land far far away! :)

I'll be back! (Arnold voice)!!!

aria2000
07-17-2005, 09:40 AM
God job on the loss, Athletea!
You too, avwoolf!

aria2000
07-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Anyone else's kid disappeared with the new Harry Potter book? :lol:

Amarantha2
07-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Ha, no, Aria, my kid's Old Dog and she can't read! :)

:queen: s, I'm gonna post a silly excerpt from my journal to explain to ya where I am challenge wise, will henceforth only put these things on there as I realize it confuseth people:

'Eeeeny, meanie, chile beanie, the (diet) spirits are about to speak!' ...

A... doth not mean to steal, er, cite the words o' the late, great Bullwinkle J. Moose (a cartoon character from long before the era o' anybody lurkin' on this journal, of course, and LONG before the highly youthful A...'s time ... she only read about it in books, obviously), but today A..., Maisie, Evil Exercise Crone, Evil Diet Nanny and the Exercise Fairy went into Diet Town Village to consult the Weight Management Oracle who liveth in a cave at the edge o' town. Consulting his crystal ball, the WMO found the following:

Although she did not lose a whole pound this week, A...'s average weekly calorie target as prescribed by the diet software is essentially correct to allow her to reach her Silly September goal. Therefore, it should remain in place as it is a healthy and comfortable amount of calories to live on.

However, A should do just a TAD more exercise, not only for weight management but for general health and sanity purposes, as when she is exercising, she is not obsessing over things that make her crazy, noticeably work issues.

As A doth not WANT to exercise at all, everyone present at the meeting agreed that this is a problem. A request was made by the UDLC (Universal Dietary Law Consortium) spy, er, official, lurkin' in the cavern's shadows that A commit to a MERE 10 more minutes of exercise this week AND a challenge was made to A to do this. If she meeteth the challenge, she will receive the retroactive title o' :queen: of the Silly Sunday the 17th Festival. If she doth not meet the challenge, she will suffer DIRE CONSEQUENCES.

The UDLC representative did not have the authority to explain the DIRE CONSEQUENCES in detail. "You'll find out," smirked the UDLC actionary!

"Oh, shut up," said A... "If you report me to the UDLC, I'll hafta tell 'em what I know about YOU!!! I SAW you last night eatin' CAKE down in the White Flour District. Ye were wearin' a disguise, but ye were'na foolin' anybody!"

Nevertheless, A accepted the challenge on the stipulation that she not be given any more :rose: s! She wanteth a Porsche instead.

The WMO recorded the challenge in his magickal ledger book, where all broken vows to exercise more STAY FOREVER and continue to compile karmic debt until discharged.

Everyone had some grapes and agreed it was an interesting morning and they could all be friends in the future.

Arabella
07-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks to all for the birthday wishes! The party went very well, lots of love and laughter. The highlight of the evening was a "this is your life" slideshow my husband put together with music and lots of young, gorgeous, skinny pics in it :rolleyes: (but claiming I was still gorgeous, which is kind of sweet). Culminated in a shot of me in the hot tub at cottage circa hiking trip, in which there's the general impression that I'm naked but you can't really see details. A little embarrassing, it was, but I was laughing too hard to get the words out: "move to the next slide!!!" and could only gesture.

My mom made the most fantastic chocolate cake with raspberry filling and icing made from melted chocolate mixed with sour cream. That's two days in a row that I ate sugar. So far today, none though. As long as I don't succumb to a G&T on the deck later I might make it through the day...

Anagram, so glad to hear your news! That's wonderful. Seems like you've been given the gift of more time with your beloved consort.

Amarantha, have you ever tried writing fantasy literature? It just seems to me that's what you should be doing. Maybe that could be your new job?

Must go away. Love to all, mentioned or un.

Amarantha2
07-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Yup, Arabella, I've written a number o' crazy books, none of 'em saleable, I'm afraid! :)

Don't think I'll be writin' for a livin' much longer!!!

The diet fantasies are just for fun 'n dietary motivation ... except they AREN'T fantasies ... don't you believe in the Exercise Fairy? ... :)

Arabella
07-17-2005, 06:15 PM
I wish I believed in the Skinny Fairy! My son was just telling me about a video game he plays where you work out and the results are almost instantaneous: muscle built, body fat decreased to the extent that you might increase your strength by a third and decrease your body fat by the same amount in a single work out. Waaaaa! I want that in real life -- I'd be perfect in short order!

Amarantha2
07-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Forget real life, I want that game! :cb:

avwoolf
07-17-2005, 09:30 PM
It has been so hot here, that I am finding it difficult to feel fully awake and aware all day. It fact I have gone through this day in something of a haze.

My kids are at that age where they are not old enough to make their own plans and carry them out, so I have been driving to the mall, to the video store, to the movies. I am having one of those whiny, when-do-I-have-time-for-me days. And, please forgive me, it is just whining. I do have time for me, and I have definitely been known to take it. It is just hot, and I am kind of...out of sorts in that respect today.

Aria, I wish my kids would get lost in Harry Potter (see above).

Arabella, I sounds like a wonderful birthday!! Thanks for letting us in on it.

Anagram, thanks for your welcome. It is great to hear such good news about your husband.

Amarantha, I must say, I really enjoy your colorful, fanciful prose. It is one of the things that drew me to up to the gates (by the way, is there a moat??) of the palace.

Hi to Cacmsc, kaylets, wsw, frogger, and anyone I missed.

Wildfire
07-17-2005, 11:14 PM
Hallelujah, dear Anagram! So happy to hear your beloved is is improving! :dancer: Very happy to see your Royal self in the palace, as well. You have been missed.

Arabella, sounds like you had a great birthday celebration! Any chance of you sharing some of that slide show with us?

Congrats to our losers! :cb:

Had great plans to accomplish all sorts today...got maybe halfway through when neighbors arrived. I had been cat/house sitting for the last week, and they came home this morning. Arrived to tell us about their vacation, and stayed for dinner...left around 10pm. This is my biker neighbor and his wife who is very much into spirituality and holistic healing...happens to be a Reiki Master...great couple, and boy do we have some interesting and thought provoking conversations! Bought me a beautiful potted Gerbera daisy to say thank you from the cat. :) Had a much nicer time than I would have had vacuuming the rec room. Tried out their BowFlex while they were away, and have a standing invitation to use it anytime. I might just take them up on it.

The weekend went WAAAAY too quickly...back to the salt mines in the morning.

Hello to all our :queen:s! My own kitties are staring me down, telling me it is bedtime. I'm outnumbered, so I better sign off...

Kaylets
07-18-2005, 09:21 PM
Hello all!!

ANAGRAM!! I am so excited for you! SOOO GLAD! When I read the news and turned aournd to dh , he too nodded his head and said " this is good news"....

Very warm our way.... in fact... its unbearable....

We are now experiencing the "amnesia" DS is so good at getting about why he needed to live here again... how much things have changed... etc.... In fact, even admitted that he used this weekend and get this.... has decided to take tomorrow off from his job to " spend time w/ his gf" ... Hasnt even worked a week but can afford to take at day off....

amazing....

But why am I suprised...

so....
on ward...

for ward...

I am tired, need to just stop and rest.....

goodnight to the kingdom....

Amarantha2
07-19-2005, 08:24 AM
Hmmm, well it must be a virus goin' around, Arabella, 'cause I had my monthly piece of cake yesterday (not that I'm PLANNING on doing it monthly, it's just been happening) ... details on journal ... I've gotta go to the store before the heat arrives so sorry about no responses ... just saying hi!

frogger
07-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Well, I guess I missed it but...Happy Birthday Arabella!!!!

I've been home sick 3 days last week. Then to training at my home office yesterday. But that's ok because in 4 weeks, Dh, baby and I are GOING ON VACATION!!! Wooohooo!!!!! :cb: Going to the beach for a whole week. I'm so excited!

And guess what!!! I lost weight! I'm down to 230. Goal for this week is 3 lbs.

I'll be back on later to check in. I'm going to scan the job listings for my company whilst my cube roomie is not breathing down my neck.

wsw
07-19-2005, 08:34 PM
congrats to avwoolf, amarantha, frogger, and to all the other weight losers!

anagram-i am so happy to hear dh is doing better!!! what great news! and to see you back in the palace.

arabella-glad to hear your birthday celebration was so much fun!

hi wildfire, aria, kaylets, and to all our regal dwellers.

i never want to wish away time because it passes much too quickly, but this heat has got to go! it is definitely getting to me even more this summer than usual, ms-wise. i am a constant "wet rag look- a -like" these days. well, i wish everyone a pleasant evening. take care, all.

Kaylets
07-20-2005, 06:05 AM
Hello alll.....

The cookies were in the coffee room yesterday..... I didnt expect to se them.....the knew me the second I showed up.... by 11 am I was eating cookies. by 1pm, was sick to my stomach......

Already this morning, am hearing the sugar screaming for back up......

later!

Kettle is on!

frogger
07-20-2005, 01:02 PM
Wow, where is everyone? :dunno:

I finally have some peace and quite now that boss is gone and so is my cube-mate. They had a meeting across town and won't be back. YEAH!!!!!!

Went to see war of the worlds last night. It was good. I'm a sucker for Tom Cruise :dizzy: and that Dakota Fanning is a fanominal actress for such a little girl!

Nothing too new here. Just checking in.

Arabella
07-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Hello, Lovelies!

I'm still entertaining my MIL, which has ups and downs (I will say, it's difficult to work from home while she's here :rolleyes: ). Coping. Haven't really gone off the deep end, diet-wise, but have had the occasional treats. Ah well, am exercising regularly, doing tai chi, getting in some meditation (almost wrote "medication" -- Freudian slip, perhaps?). And she leaves early tomorrow morning, so life will return to normal until I go to Boston a week from Saturday. Life seems very busy! And I MUST get to the beach :yes: Have it on my list. I'm looking at the possibility of renting a cottage w/my mom (who's easy peasy, as my dear boyfriend Jamie Oliver says) for a week of R&R in September. Plus my husband's scheduled to go to a conference in September, too. So that's probably close to 2 weeks vacation for me :lol:

Wildfire, I was gifted with a gerbera daisy, too. I think I'll plunk it in the garden. What do you think of the BowFlex? Is it the cross-trainer type machine or the weights one? DH and I were actually looking at it, thinking it might be a good substitute for the gym. I'm going to try to round up the slide show photos and post online.

Amarantha, hmmm... a piece of cake a month sounds pretty good. Especially if it was my mom's new recipe. I think I can handle a bit of sugar, once I've been off a while, but if I get in too much the whole dang horrible saga starts all over.

Kaylets, I'm so sorry about the ongoing DS problems. Wow -- sounds like time to give him a solid nudge again. You really don't need to be subject to that. It's just too much stress. Damn those cookies and their persistence! I'm sure they did know you the second you showed up, and also sang you their soothing carb siren song. I'm trying to get off sugar again, not helped much by the box of Godiva that a good friend gave me for my birthday.

wsw, I so appreciate the way you keep those important concepts in mind -- not wishing away time, etc. Your wisdom really helps inspire me to remember them too. I'm trying to think of the warm, damp air as being good for the complexion ;)

avwoolf, good for you, taking time for yourself! That's something that I'm not that great at. Must offically work at it. Reminding self right this second that chocolate is not "taking care of self."

Frogger, a week at the beach is exactly my ideal vacation -- only thing better would be two weeks < three weeks < living there. Some day! :yes:

K -- Must work before MIL returns from trip with my mom. Love to all, mentioned or un-

Punkinseed
07-20-2005, 06:19 PM
Ahoy maties!

I have not left!!!! We now have wireless internet :cb: and getting online and getting this site to load now looks like it won't be the pain in the butt it used to be!

Anagram, never underestimate the power of positive thought and prayer huh? I'm beyond thrilled to hear hubby is doing better. Sending gentle hugs your way, you can share it if you'd like. ;)

Arabella, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! :hb: :hat:

Hello to everyone that materialized while I was busy kicking my computer and cursing my old dial up network! :wave:

Well, I shall return now to my post as the heralder of Fridays and will start keeping on top of everything. :wizard:

I missed you guys!!!

Terri

Arabella
07-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Punkin's back! Wooooo-hooooo!!!! We missed you, too, especially on Fridays. I'm trying to talk DH into getting a new lightweight wireless laptop, which would be fantastic for travelling (and for working 'neath the shade of my favorite tree). He has a deal at work where they buy computers and employees just pay them off with deductions from their checks, like $30 every couple of weeks, no interest. But I have not been successful to date. Will have to come home from Boston limping and dragging our old brute of a laptop behind me.

Kaylets
07-21-2005, 06:10 AM
Hello all!

Good to see you Q Punkin! And yes, its great to know Friday is upon us!

Thanks WoodNymph for reminding me that domestic stress IS stressing me and could be the real reason behind that cookie serenade.......hmmmmmm......when am I going to GET this concept b/4 the swallowing......

AH well, as someone very wise said to me yesterday......

Thought of the day :

"We 're all learning........."

Question of the day:

"What's your most recent lesson?"

GREETINGS TO ALL! I will do my best to look in later.... please know I am thinking of you all!

KETTLE IS IN THE FREEZER!!!

Amarantha2
07-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Ibid on the yay that heralds Punkin's return and acquisition o' wireless internet. Does this mean it's Friday?

Today is a very complex day for me. I started to type an explanation of that but realized it makes me recognizable to anyone reading this who lives on my beat, so ... it's just complex ... :)

frogger
07-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Hey girls!!!!

Is it possible to gain 5lbs in a day? I weighed this morning and I weigh 235 now. DANG IT!!!! :mad: I have 3 weeks to lose some weight to look somewhat less lumpy in a swim suit in public. I'm shooting for a 10lb loss. (I really want 15, but let's be real here) :^:
Booked our hotel last night. I highly recommend calling the hotels directly. I looked at the various "deal" websites and the hotel's website as well. They have specials that aren't even on the net if you just call them. We got a better price deal by calling the hotel I chose. Since we're staying a whole week, we got 10% off our entire stay. AND we're getting a $50 gc for staying a week redemable at any hotel in the chain on our next visit. Efficiancy King room!!! WHOO HOO!! :cb:

Punkinseed
07-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Happy Friday eve one and all!

Hoping for a quiet day in the neighborhood... yesterday was so stressful I had palpitations last night and couldn't sleep. Wishing the heat would break so I can exercise for more than 5 minutes because I know that would help the stress and anxiety. Also going to brush off my meditation books and work on exercises of another sort too.

Arabella, ooooh I'm so lovin' the wireless internet! With our old dial-up I was lucky to get a 28800 connection - now it's sooooo zippy I don't even have a chance to try to multi-task while pages loaded like I used to! It's kinda funny though, we're so rural that we almost couldn't get it because of the TREES! No clear shots to one company's antena, but the other company's is on a 8,000 ft. high mountain. Done! Would love to try wireless on a laptop too!

Kaylets, I don't know when we'll get it. Sometimes a cookie serenade is just so much more comforting than punching a pillow when you're stressed and "un-learning" the habit is hard because darn it, it just seems to work! Thankfully, while you may still have that old concept in mind, at least you have learned how to brush off and get back on track! That's progress isn't it!?!?!?!? :cheer:

Amarantha, hope your complex day clarifies.... stay cool down there! :sunny: Wish I could send you some of the 45 degree mornings we have - even when it's 98 during the day...

Yo Frogger! Have a blast on vaca! No, I don't think it's physically possible to gain that much actual weight overnight. Water retention? Yes, but actual "gotta burn it off" fat? No. Not unless you sat down and ate about 25,000 calories yesterday! Worry not, drink a lot of water today... I have a feeling the nation-wide heat might have something to do with it too.

Lovin' the new smilies - this is probably as close as I'll be able to get to a smilie of me on the tractor - :scooter: or :moped:

Q o' the day -
Last lessoned learned was yesterday - to SLOW DOWN. I made a horrible, embarrasing, no, humiliating mistake at work yesterday all because I was tired, didn't pay attention to what I was doing, frustrated and impatient. You see, I left a not-so-nice message about someone on the wrong person's voicemail and said person called me back to say I'd left it on THEIR voicemail. Ooooooh God..... what an idiot. :o :^: :faint: :foot: :yikes: Sometimes the Powers That Be just have to seriously smack you down to make you realize what you're doing to yourself I guess. Today is the first day of project: Take A Breath. No more spinning like the Tazmanian Devil at work - while 99% of the time I get a lot more done with that method, the 1% that it backfires is nothing short of painful.
Of course I appologized profusely, attempted to explain it wasn't him, but my foul mood, my horrible morning and said I was sorry he had to be on the receiving end of my bad day. He seemed fine, very forgiving. I still feel like a schmuck. :dunno:

Today: Some work, some reading of my "Get Fuzzy" cartoon collection book (finished Harry Potter #6 Tuesday) and getting ready for the weekend when I'll be puppy-sitting a 14 week old English Bull Dog. :cb:

Later gators!
Terri

aria2000
07-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Hello everyone! :balloons:
I have finally arrived at my vacation destination (where I have access to a computer :) ), so I will be posting again, starting tomorrow.

Kaylets
07-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Hello all....

Empress.... Seeing your fair kingdom on the news nearly every night...
I am imagining you filling the tub for Old Dog and then fanning him gently....
I know how awful the heat feels here.... I know its affecting my mood....
We are thinking of you!

Sorry to be just posting personally to one you today but again, I am rushing out the door.... Had some work related dreams and just want to go and attack the desk so I can feel some closure....

I have noticed the past few days going thru this sugar hangover plus the job/home stress I am craving white carbs ..... those nearly 3 week old chips still sit in the office kitchen and everytime I see them the urge gets stronger...
Mayhaps I should just throw them away! You know they must be a greasy mess by now anyway!

Thought of the day :

"If the flower is to be beautiful, it must be cultivated."
---Japanese proverb

Question of the day :

"Do you agree w/ Today's Thought of the Day" ?

Thanks for being here ALL, my Royals... Its very hard to believe its been 3 yrs since I found this thread....
Its very special to realize how important your support is to me....

KETTLE STILL ON ICE....

deleted2
07-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Sorry I haven't been on much this week. I've been rather preoccupied this week at work. They're in the process of hiring a new director and that can be stressful. Are they going to change everything or will they irritate by doing nothing? You know how that goes. I've barely been able to keep up with my BFL thread--have only been posting food and exercise there-no time for anything else. Only one more interview next week. Ohh, the suspense!

Lovely to see Terri here again and so flattering that Aria would keep in contact even on vacation! :)

Kaylets, have you been able to hit the weights anymore?

Seeing Willy Wonka today----ironic since I don't eat sugar. :lol:

Amarantha2
07-22-2005, 09:37 AM
K, you and all the royals are very special to me, too.

I've been quite preoccupied also ... work stress eatin' into me brain.

Aria!!! Have a wonderful vac!!!

Had an eatin' fiesta yesterday ... details on journal! No cake, though.

Yep, I agree with QOD!

Sorry for brevity mode. Have massive headache from the wildfires that are ragin' at the very edge o' the town I cover.

Punkinseed
07-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Happy Friday!!!!!

Need to make the declaration and celebration brief, thunder is rumbling and we've already lost power once this morning!

Wishing you all a little relief from the :flame: :hot: :sunny: this weekend!

Terri

Kaylets
07-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Hello all

Full moon week in force.....

Just an awful day at the job.... I was asked for a file and when I opened it I realized I had thought I had finished a lot more than I really had... and had to turn it in to the auditors like that.....

short to say.... they had lots of questions.... and the entire hierarchy was made aware....

And I....

short to say.... took most of my music home, the personal phone list and all the coin from the secret place.....

Ugly time for the auditors to see something...

.... you are the first ones I have told....

Eydie... I do need the gym....

and as I wonder of a good drunk would help.... that was just a joke... I know better....

Need to run the vacuum .....

aria2000
07-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Calories: 1710
Walking: 30 minutes

I will be posting only at night, so I don`t crowd the phone line, lol.
Thanks, Eydie and Amarantha!
Have a great evening, everyone!

Amarantha2
07-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Was rereading some posts I haven't responded to, been kinda blah here as the complexities are mountin' ... to survive I am going to have to make a decision soon ... a very ugly situation is takin' place in my career life and I just need to do something, but don't seem to.

Clear as mud, huh?

Ha, K, rereading your post when you are picturing Old Dog (she's a female, BTW!!! :lol: ) being bathed in a cool tub. This would not be a scenario I would care to enact!!! :cb: I bathe her with the hose, a challenge in and of itself. She's fine, though. Dogs in Arizona are acclimated to heat, but they do need lots of water and shade ... Old Dog has access to two AC rooms also, but doesn't seem to like 'em. She loves lying in front of "her" fan. She also loves her iced collar.

I'm fine with the heat, too, but the heat AND the smoke from the wildfires is gettin' to me somewhat, plus the aforementioned nasty situation.

Aria, good job on cals and walk, even on vacation. That's great.

To anyone not responded to, also sorry.

I'm just really very, very, very tired.

Have a challenge going w'meself to make the journal (land far far away) 1000 posts long ... feel that ought to be enough to attain my goal weight. If anyone's near that land, please add a postie now 'n then (or not, as it suiteth thy whim ... I KNOW, I need a life).

aria2000
07-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Calories: 1780
Walking: 20 minutes

Thanks, Amarantha! :)

anagram
07-24-2005, 04:26 AM
A homesick Anagram sneaks into the Palace for a nostalgic looksee and to catch up on her Royal Cohort. Belated HB, Wood Nymph. Kaylets, Empress - sorry for thy job woes. Ceara and wsw - hope your health is improving. Others - a Royal Hello.

DH took a turn for the worse on Tuesday, had been improving since. New developments yesterday not good. It's been such an up and down thing. He is valiant to the core but I am weakening.

However, I did brave Demon Scale yesterday and, despite a less than ideal lifestyle, have not gained any significant amount. Didn't lose any either. But right now, I'm thrilled w/not gaining.

aria2000
07-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Calories: 1820
Walking: 20 minutes

Amarantha2
07-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Anagramatic, so happy to see thy royal self within the castle keep once more!!! Thou hast been ever in our thoughts, as has DH! I am sorry for not-so-good new developments, so hard after things had been going well, but remain hopeful things will turn around again. Sendin' me best vibes thy way. FANTASTIC JOB ON THE MAINTAIN, ANAGRAM!!! It's hard to think of weight and fitness issues at such troubling moments as thou be experiencin' but it's important to stay strong in that area despite all odds and thou hast exemplified that!!! Kudos!!! :cheer:

Aria, thou remaineth steadfast to thy purpose as always. Good job on the cals and walkin'!!!

I'm inspired by both of thee to shape up my efforts as well, despite a certain feelin' o' career doom that hangeth over me at the moment. But whatever happens in my life, I have to live it in a physical bod and I intend to do so in a kick-a** bod at that!!!

Have started a week's challenge (having to do with being stranded on a fictional desert island with two busybody fitness crones, details on journal in land far far away) and AGAINST ALL ODDS, will preservere ... anyhow I get to buy an MP3 or other musical treat if I stick to my challenge. Plus the crones will consent to use their magick to get me off the desert island ... long story.

Amarantha2
07-24-2005, 05:10 PM
'N furthermore, Royal Ones, we have less than two weeks to go on this, THE SEVENTH MONTH NOW OR NEVER CHALLENGE ... so it's time to kick some royal b*tt here and see what we can accomplish in that time.

And I CAN report that my daily decluttering efforts, feeble though they be, are now a habit, so thanks be to Aria for the idea!!!

Can't hang with Flylady, though. She doth not float my boat!

Am progressin' sloooooowwwwly through Harry ... so far, enjoyin' muchly.

Punkinseed
07-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Just a quick postie,

Anagram, my thoughts are with you once again... The rollercoaster has got to be horrible. Check back when you can and tell DH that we're all thinking of him and sending thoughts your way.

Kaylets, *ouch* what a way to find a goof! I feel your pain though.... you saw what I posted late last week? Still feel like an idiot over that and dreading the next phone call with that client even though HE seemed ok. :rolleyes:

No scale change this week. My own doing, I'm sure. I've been at a plateau for 3 weeks now. Time to dust off the journal! My dad's coming in from Arizona this afternoon and he refuses to let me cook for him (doesn't want me to have to do anything for him) so that means I'll be eating out a LOT this week - and thus ordering a box for the leftovers for lunch the next day (fingers crossed that plan works!).

MAY have a stork coming to visit my bestest friend in CA. Since the last attempt ended sadly we're all holding our breath for the next few weeks - I'll keep you posted on impending auntie-hood.

Hi's and Howdy's all around!

Terri

Kaylets
07-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Hello all....

Well, the job search looks like it will last awhile....

I am trying not to dwell on it... saw some ads to send some resumes and will do that... taking a short break now to say hello...

ANAGRAM... as Punkin said, what an awful roller coaster for you to be on!
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))) )))))))) to you ....
We think of you often!

Punkin.... here's my best you your friend... and maybe Dad will cook for you??
just a thought....

ok all.... I am sticking to the chair and its wood.... guess I need to either cool down some or powder up!

HEllo to all... sorry for the short postie but I'm crabby!

Thought of the day :

" This too will pass."

Question of the day :

"Share your most recent 'deja vu' experience."

aria2000
07-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone!

Calories: 2310 :eek: :ink:
Walking: 50 minutes :cb:

wsw
07-25-2005, 09:36 PM
anagram-sending lots of good thoughts to you and dh. hoping things will once again improve for your valiant dh.

the heat has been getting to me and have had to lay low big time. lot of ms "technical difficulties." have been hanging in there with cals (averaging 1550/day)and exercise, though. need to hit the sack. thinking of all you lovely royals. take care.

Amarantha2
07-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi, all! Can't post much right now ... just wanted to say hello.

Mucho mysteriouso, huh? :)

anagram
07-26-2005, 07:46 AM
Ditto.

aria2000
07-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Calories: 1645 :cloud9:
Walking: 50 minutes :cloud9:

Will try to keep track of water today.

Amarantha2
07-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Hi, Anagramatic!!! :wave:

Ibid to thy ditto! :lol:

TO ALL, MENTIONED 'N UNMENTIONED, GOOD MORNIN' ...

deleted2
07-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Just passing thru---but wanted to say Hi and I'm thinking of you all! :) Alls' well!

Amarantha2
07-26-2005, 09:01 PM
:queen: s, just had some really bad news ... talk to ya later ...

Arabella
07-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Just a fly-by "Hi" :wave: Am hard at work and preparing for trip to Boston on Saturday. Love to all, and special thoughts for all sweet Queens with special struggles right now.

Amarantha2
07-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Hi, :queen: s ... guess I left the actual bad news off the post yesterday ... I came home to a phone call that my beloved nephew had just died ... extremely unexpectedly ... will talk to ya later ... hi, Arabella.

Arabella
07-27-2005, 03:41 PM
Oh, Amarantha, I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your nephew! Love to you -- I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

Kaylets
07-27-2005, 06:25 PM
HEllo all...

Empress.. so, so sorry to hear of your loss.... ((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))) ... My very best to you and your family....

Sorry to all that I have been gone so long... I have been going in early to make some progress on my desk and deal w/ the audit.....

The heat here the past few days is making everyone very tense and strained too.... Its far beyond just "chilling"...

Aria.... You are an inspiration to me how you continue to post your log day after day... I can't get one day in a row... I write down a few things and that's about as far as I get....

WoodNymph... Just thinking of you in Canada makes my head feel cool... I have no idea if you are feeling this tremendous heat too....

Wsw-- I know you are in this weather pattern and I'll tell you what.. if this continues, all I know for sure is, I fit in the tub and I will stay in it! bring on the ice!

Eydie... Warm your way too?? Your mountain sounds so inviting...

Punkin, can you make it Friday early?? I have had enough of this week....

Ok all....a big frosty glass of your favorite beverage....to all
mentioned and unmentioned

I must wave to eveyone ....

and email some resumes....

wsw
07-27-2005, 07:13 PM
amarantha-i am so very sorry to hear of your beloved nephew's death. i am sending you a big hug, and please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Amarantha2
07-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks be to Arabella, Kaylets 'n Wsw for the supportive posts. I am not doing as well as I previously thought I was ... sorry to be a downer, always end up here in the palace, it seems. :wave:

aria2000
07-27-2005, 10:11 PM
Dear Amarantha, I see that you have posted here as well.
Again, I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. It will take you some time to adjust to the shock of losing your nephew. :grouphug:

aria2000
07-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Average for this week: 1805 calories and 29 minutes walking.
Will add water count next week as well.

deleted2
07-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Amarantha, so sorry to hear about your nephew. And you're not a 'downer'--please come looking for me anytime, really.

anagram
07-28-2005, 07:28 AM
What a horrible shock, dear Empress. My deepest sympathy to you in your terrible loss.

I believe that the Palace is meant to be a place of solace (as well as its many other functions) and that it is just the place for you to come in a time of need for any reason.

May today be more gentle for you.

Amarantha2
07-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks, Aria, E 'n Anagramatic ... I do feel more in control today ... my family is just in a waiting mode (we need some answers as to what happened) ... I am continuing my healthy eating and exercise.

frogger
07-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Hi all! Taking a sanity day at home today. I cannot wait to go on vacation. This man in my cube is driving me absolutely bonkers.

Haven't lost a dag gone pound. IN FACT, I have gained back my 5lbs. So now at 235. WHAT IS UP???? 16 days until vacation. Vowing to get aggressive. Yeah so I can gain it all back on vacation. I feel like giving up.

I just wanted to say that dear Empress my thoughts are with you.

Kaylets
07-28-2005, 07:32 PM
HEllo all....

Empress.... You are in my thoughts.... this must be just awful for all of you...

Anagram... so glad to see you! Hope that means good news!

Frogger! Its the heat, humidity and etc.... don't let it get you down....
Lets keep trying... c'mon, I need you with me... Besides, you have lots of incentive with the Tadpole and all....

Eydie.... I'm missing the gym! Ok... I know, how about I just get there??

Wonder how Ceara is doing....

Wsw! Did you have big Tboomers your way last night??

Who am I forgetting.... Wildfire! How goes it?? Last I remember you were dealing w/ auditors too.....

Aria...how is life treating you? are you finding lots of new taste treats or are you in a rut like me??? Its so hard to get creative when its too hot to cook

Here is the thought of the day...

Thought of the day :
>
> "Usually we think that brave people have no fear. The truth is they are
> intimate with fear."
> --Pema Chodron
>
>
> Question of the day :
>
> "How would you describe 'Brave' ?"
>

Need to send a resume to a couple places... wish me luck...

KETTLE IS ON!

Kaye

aria2000
07-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Hello everyone!

Calories: 2005
Walking: 10 minutes
Water: 5 glasses

frogger
07-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Good morning ladies! Sitting here stuffing my face with oatmeal. Guess it could be worse. Could be a donut (or 2 or 3) which did cross my mind :lol: OH how I love oatmeal (with raisins and cinnamon sugar, ok cinnamon and splenda) ;)

Rethinking this dieting. Need a course of action.

Sitting in for the big boss' assistant today which gets me out of my cube and away from that man that shares it with me. YEAH! :cb:

Be on later...

aria2000
07-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Calories: 2285 :fr:
Walking: 5 minutes :snail:
Water: 4 glasses

frogger, hope you enjoy your "freedom" today! :)

Have a good day, everyone! :grouphug:

Amarantha2
07-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Thanks be to Froggie and K for their kind words re my family.

E, I pm'd thee re the FRIDAY CALORIC CONTROL CHALLENGE that's just been sort of announced on my journal ... I took the posts of you 'n Aria to mean YOU ARE WITH ME ON THIS and have SIGNED YA BOTH UP WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE ... Aria, I posted on your journal ... actually there are NO REQUIREMENTS in this challenge ... I think all three of us just wanna GET THOSE CALS TO BEHAVE TODAY!!!

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE CALORIC CONTROLLER O' AMARANTHA/ATH ..., EYDIE, ARIA: CALS, BEHAVE!!!!! :rollpin: :nono: :rollpin: :nono: :coach:

Just today, please, be good, YOU will be glad you did!!! ~ Signed, THE CALORIE POLICE

frogger
07-29-2005, 12:24 PM
aria-I *was* enjoying my freedom today until...I'm sitting all the way across the hall in another office completely, and guess who has to bother me every 10 minutes? AND to top it off, he's eaten all of the woman's candy that she has sitting here on her desk. It's help yourself, but the basket was FULL this morning. And he has been the only person besides me sitting here. She's going to think it was me!!! I'm leaving her a note.

Did I mention also that he has eaten all my microwave lunchies (the little micro cups with soup or rice/pasta dishes or whatnot in them). I was being nice once when he forgot his lunch and offered him one to tide him over, and since that time, slowly...GONE.

ARG!!!

aria2000
07-29-2005, 06:22 PM
Oh no, frogger!!!

Report: 1330 calories so far (after early dinner :) )

wsw
07-29-2005, 08:07 PM
kaylets-sure did have big thunderstorms here last night-very loud and kind of scary! it cooled things down from the brutal heat almost all week, so glad about the rain in the end. good luck with your resumes!

frogger-your cubicle-mate sounds pretty obnoxious, alright! sure must be very challenging having to deal with him all the time.

aria-you really inspire me to hang in there with calorie-counting, even when i don't want to.

hi anagram-good to "see" you!

amarantha-sending you warm thoughts and hugs. glad to hear you are taking good care of yourself during this very difficult time. this is exactly where you should be---among friends who care so much about you!

hello eydie, arabella, wildfire, and to all our regal inhabitants.

got out today, after having to lay low almost all week, and even though it was only to a (regular check-in) doc appt., it was nice to be out among 'em. mon., i have another regular check-in test (ct scan), which is no problem since used to them, but it is at 7am!!!! i am so not a morning person, but at least traffic won't be too much of a problem. (if i had a choice of times, though, 7am would most definitely not be it!) have still been averaging around 1550 cals/day, which is good for me, but i need to lower it now, since my body is not quite getting the idea it is supposed to lose weight, not stay the same. have also kept up with my regular daily exercise. well, have a good evening, royals, one and all. take care.

Amarantha2
07-29-2005, 10:10 PM
How funny, Froggie ... is this guy nuts!? He ate ALL the candy on a coworker's desk and ate ALL your lunch supplies?

E, here is a virtual ROSE (well, 3FC doesn't have a rose, but imagine it) for your participation in my Friday calorie challenge ... gonna do it again tomorrow ... I need to bring down my cals als ...

Wsw: Yes, I am takin' care o' meself and gettin' out 'n about a lot ... working on the calories helps.

Sorry you have that 7 a.m. test time ... what ARE they thinkin'?

Brought my cal average down in the 1700s again today ... lower tomorrow ... then the dreaded Demon Scale.

Gotta go.

Massive headache because I drank a diet root beer ... gotta stop that.

deleted2
07-30-2005, 08:11 AM
I'll be happy to see this week pass---I'm ready for Fresh Start Monday. [Altho I guess I could make this Fresh Start Saturday but I'm not feeling that inspired.]

This week at work: still in the throes of interviewing for the directorship and all the fussiness that goes along with that. And a few days ago my father fell at home and had to spend a couple of days at the hospital and now that he's home I feel compelled to check on him and it's almost an hour's drive away. And sooo, I haven't been taking care of myself this week, eating wayyyyy too much and not getting in my workouts and not drinking nearly enough water---not to mention all the crazy stuff my siblings still throw at me. [For Gawds sake, will I always be 5 yrs. old to them??!]

Thanks for letting me vent. It's been a bad week and it's up to me to pull it out of the fire at this point.

aria2000
07-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Final report for yesterday: 1620 calories, 45 minutes walking and 3 glasses of water

Kaylets
07-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Hello all!

Got up at usual time, let the dogs out, then went right back to bed...
Woke up nearly 8 am and started all over again.....

DH has decided to do a career reassessment for himself and was suprised at the info he found online... so our morning has been spent doing searches ....

Eydie-- I can relate.... scale is showing 2 lb increase too....I believe much of that is the "time to replenish" mode from when I had the stomach flu this past spring ... especially since the past 10 days or so I have been NOT on plan..... not downing buckets ( except that day I went through a dozen choc chip cookies).... but enough to be off track and NOT enough activity....

and water?? oh boy....was I supposed to drink water??

How quickly we forget....

YIKES!

Time to look around and see what's going on....

Arabella
07-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Here I be in what we used to call "the Boston States." Or somebody did, anyway. Anyhoo, I'm actually in Boston, or a suburb thereof. Had to get up at 4:30 this morning to get here. And then spent 2 hours dealing with tech issues to get online, but did prevail and am now safely arrived and online. Tired, though. REALLY looking forward to a good night's sleep. One of the other editors invited me to go out to dinner with her tonight, else I'd be liable to hole up here in the hotel and watch movies in bed.

However, it's a beautiful sunny day and there's a little park close by where I can go do a set of tai chi. Also a gym, which I intend to visit in the morning. All in all, everything's okay.

I had a mini-shock recently when I was doing yoga -- couldn't get into the dancer pose on one side without holding onto something for balance. I've been doing yoga since I was in my teens, although sporadically sometimes, and I think I've always been able to do that one. Seems so much like the slippery slope, the way it happens... So I WILL start doing yoga regularly again. Now is so definitely not the time to stop!!!

Amarantha, I'm so glad to see that you're keeping busy and looking after your self, even if the dreaded calories do figure largely in that :rolleyes: I'm going to start doing my checklist. Have to remember that even attending to the list counts, and helps me remember what I need to do.

Anagram, I'm keeping you and yours in my thoughts. When I think of you, I always revisit the huge patches of violets I saw in the woods in NY and get that same feeling: serenity, sanctity, beauty and positive energy. Sending the same your way!

wsw, what a lovely long post from you! :) I envy you your thunderstorms. I adore them. In my younger, less regimented days (which, god willing, I will revisit someday) I used to find a good window or doorway or verandah to sit and watch the storms. Still love them, but after dark in the summer's the best time for them and I'm usually abed. :rolleyes: Oh, i hope to make some changes!

Eydie, those sh*tty weeks happen! Just think, though, how many of those weeks it would take to really do damage. It is ver difficult to take care of self and others simultaneously, is what I find. Nevertheless, we must try! Freshest of starts to you, Lovey!

Kaylets, those 2 pounds will be gone in no time :yes: And, you know, the water might just make that difference :chin: It's amazing how much it helps -- I find it makes me feel more energetic, clearer-headed, less achy (all those things that sugar and wheat do the opposite of for me, in fact).

Frogger, how do you deal with a coworker like that! I just don't think there's any viable way to do it. Hide your lunch? I hope, at least, that this guy is a chubster? It would seriously burn my a$$ to hear that a guy was munching his way through the office like that and skinny anyway.

Sorry for the longwindedness today! Must go do something constructive, like lie around and read newspaper... Love to all!! Oh, just remembered -- on the flight I finished a wonderful book called "Sacred Time" by Ursula Hegi. No review forthcoming immediately, but highly recommended! Love to all, mentioned or un-

Wildfire
07-31-2005, 01:32 AM
Been busy, sorry...

Amarantha, I am so sorry to hear of your nephew's death. My sincere condolences to you and the family. :grouphug:

Quick hello to all...will try to catch up tomorrow.

Amarantha2
07-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks Wildfire 'n Arabella for the kind words. :)

I be doin' daily calorie/fitness challenges now in a land far away 'n all are welcome ... E I found thee there as well as Aria 'n appreciate the participation ... MY NEW MOTTO IS THAT WE CAN DO ANYTHING AT ALL FOR JUST ONE DAY!!!! I think that includes challenging ourselves to greater effort at staying healthy and managin' this fitness thang!!!

So one day at a time's the WTG, I think.

E, sorry about thy father's fall ... he's had a hard time on the health front recently but has a good daughter who careth for him ... hope he feels better soon.

Kaylets, yup, methinks you WERE supposed to drink water ... :lol: ... I always forget that, too! :) But you're doin' great, dinna worrit about any minor scale ups 'n downs ...

Gotta work today, sporadically, though.

Wildfire
07-31-2005, 10:55 AM
Well, the seventh month is over today. Time for a new goal? I've set one for myself already (tell you in a minute) but I'll go along with any others that are thrown out there.

Girls, I'm freaking out. In an excited, good way....but freaking out nonetheless. :hyper: I was talking to my Irishman last night and we've picked a date to meet! See, on New Year's we promised we would get together before the year was out. We talked about it a few times, but something always came up and one of us had other obligations. Last night we decided I'll go there on the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend (October 8-10). Ten weeks from now. Oh my gawd....ten weeks from now!

I've spent the last number of weeks just getting used to eating regularly, and now that I am used to eating during the day again, it's time to kick it up a notch. I'm setting a goal to lose 15lbs before that weekend. It's doable and I have the best incentive in the world! Hmmm...guess I need to get a scale. Mine died a painful death when it tried to tell me I was 356lbs last year. :lol:

I'm going to need all the help I can get, so I'm counting on you all to kick me in the butt when necessary!

anagram, how is DH doing? And you? I have the tiniest of violets growing among my impatiens in the front flower bed....not sure where they came from, but they are determined to remain and seem undaunted by the larger plants. I think of you every time I see them....I must take a picture and show you.

wsw, I hope those thunderstorms brought you some relief from the hot humid weather. They did in my neck of the queendom. It has been lovely here the past few days. I spent much of yesterday sitting on my back deck reading the third book in the Outlander series. Quite a perfect afternoon. My goodness, 7am is EARLY for a test!

Arabella, our travelling :queen:...as wonderful as technology is, isn't it frustrating when it doesn't work properly? Glad you got it sorted. It has been some time since I did yoga regularly...perhaps a mini-challenge to get us both back into it? :s:

Kaylets, you'll blast those 2lbs away as quickly as they snuck up on you. Is your DH looking to change career paths, or just improve on his current one?

Eydie, sorry to hear your Dad took a fall. Did he hurt himself badly? Also sorry to hear the rest of your week wasn't good either....Fresh Start Monday is tomorrow...just hang on!

Frogger...this guy sounds like a real user. What a jerk! You can't go jumping off the wagon just when I am climbing back on....I will strap you in if I have to!

Aria, your commitment is inspiring! :cheer:

Punkin, how are you?

Where is ceara lately?

Well, I am going to throw some clothes on and go out for a walk. Everything else can wait! :wave:

aria2000
07-31-2005, 11:21 AM
Calories: 1535
Walking: 45 minutes
Water: 3 glasses

Glad to be of any inspiration!

deleted2
07-31-2005, 11:34 AM
Wildfire, how exciting!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Here's the deal: I'll kick your butt if you'll kick mine. It's only fair..... ;)

Okay, what's your plan?

Amarantha2
07-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi, Wildfire!!! :wave: That IS really great news about thy proposed Irish meetin' ... also glad to hear that Demon Scale got its just deserts ... the NERVE!!! :)

I will also join in the b*tt kickin' if ye will ... I'm doin' daily challenges (land far far away) from now to mayhap October 16 with the intention o' FINALLY gettin' it in gear!!!

Time for hocus pocus focus focus :wizard:

... :)

Kaylets
07-31-2005, 08:18 PM
Hello all!

Well, got some more advice regarding my resume... this time from a family member who is in the Human Resource business for at least 20 yrs and I did some revamping.... The Summary ( in the old days we called it "Objective") needed to come out of italics as it appeared "cutesy" rather than professional and since it was the first item after my name, sure don't want the first thought to be negative....

But then again, that's what happens when you ask for another's point of view....

I started taking the Black Cohosh again the past 3 days and maybe its helping maybe not... I've gotten to the point that even if I'm disciplined for the problem the auditors found I am just ready to nod my head and say " I understand."... Naturally I would prefer it would all just go away but.... we know better don't we....

DH and I had smoothies in an Organic lunch place today. Tiny place, customers order at the counter, items are made in front of you, or you call it in and come and pick it up. Big Help wanted sign... of course, 2 highschool kids working ... Dh tried to talk me into asking about the position... I just smiled....

and did enjoy a chunky monkey make w/ chocolate soy milk and banana and peanut butter.... no idea on the calories... I just called it lunch ...

Also the dollar store we went into to kill time till the Goodwill opened wanted an Assistant Manager.... but nights and weekends... they had just opened and it seemed blissfully quiet.... but I tried to imagine it at the holidays and remebered the sign said Nights and Weekends....
Interesting how no matter where I see a help wanted sign I just want to apply...

Ah Wildfire...... my goodness gracious! What can I say... exept I have an Irishman in my past too.... have no idea where he is now... nor do I believe does he know where I am... like you, a wonderful friendhship...

Anagram... sending you all my best...

Empress...how are you?

Woodnymph.... wouldve been fun to meet you in Boston but the timing is off...
and I am sure, more yoga will bring that dancers pose back...

Wsw-- here go, they are turning the heat back up!

Aria-- Look at you... still keeping track....

Eydie-- Well, at least DH and I talked about the gym both days this weekend...

Take care all!~

Amarantha2
07-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Kaylets, I'm gettin' like that also ... whenever I see a help wanted sign, I wanna apply.

I'm hopin' to be in another career by the end o' the year ... somethin' quiet ... except I don't know if I have the option of working at a Dollar Store or any store ... been a journalis so long I doubt if I can do anything else.

Thanks for askin' how I am ... I'm ok, sorta! :)

Sorry thy work be a pain right now ... guess I'm losin' the thread o' what's happenin' with people, but I didn't see any post that said the auditors found a problem that you might be disciplined for ???? Not my biz, but I hope you are not plannin' on takin' blame for something that isn't your fault!

Never, ever do that!

Did I ever congratulate thee for makin' "Lifetime" ... if not, I do!

Arabella
08-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Arabella, reporting in from Boston. I keep forgetting how busy these meetings are -- I had to fend off two editors who wanted me to go and do things to get some work done yesterday. Had a late dinner last night with the two former editors of my site. Today I wish i had a few more hours before the meetings, which are all-day affairs, all employees assembled for presentation after presentation. I'd like to have more time to lounge around and drink coffee, do yoga, go for a walk and do tai chi. I think I'm going to end up going for a little walk to get some actual air into my system.

It was a slightly odd experience going out with this other editor Sat. night. She's a small blonde, about a size 0. I don't think she's really gorgeous (to be completely honest), but I noticed all evening that men were looking at her and I was invisible. I haven't experienced that situation quite that way before. It didn't really bother me, just was a little unsettling. Nevertheless, I'm just vain enough to think that when I lose my avoirdupois I could give her a run for her money! :rolleyes: What an embarrassing thing to admit!

Kaylets!!! I didn't realize (possibly didn't remember) that you were close to Boston! I would have started campaigning weeks ago had I known. That would have been so cool! And I met our Wild One last summer, so it could have been start of an ongoing "Meet a Queen a Year" program. Hmmmm.... still almost half the year left, and I've got to find a conference to attend somewhere...

Wildfire, how exciting about meeting your Irishman! Oh, I am SO enjoying this vicariously. Is DH understanding? Mine would not be, I fear.

Amarantha, I feel the same way sometimes, like something quiet would be an improvement. Maybe making/selling some crafty-type things? I occasionally fantasize about having a health-food store or a craft-type store where everything is made from recycled elements from nature and otherwise.

K, time is growing short here. If I don't gear up and get going, I won't get a walk in. Love to all, mentioned or un-

frogger
08-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Wildfire-EXCITING!!! I'm all kinds of giddy for you!! :D

I've hopped back on the wagon. Someone help me with my seat belt!! ;) 2 weeks until I have to slink into a bathing suit. In fact, I bought a new one. I HATE IT. Do not buy a suit off of ebay. What was I thinking? It said it was a moderate leg cut (it shows half my whoo ha on each side!!!!!! Can you believe it?) :yikes: It's from a company, so I'm going to try to exchange it for something a little more conservative down there. Moderate cut my Aunt Fanny!!! More like pole dancer cut. :lol:

On a really sad note, my cousin died this morning. He was only 38. Had a massive heart attack while out on the road (drives long haul rigs). Trying to find out when the funeral is so we can go.

Well, nosie rosie is in, so I'll go for now. Be back later on.

aria2000
08-01-2005, 10:04 AM
frogger, I am very sorry to hear about the death of your cousin.
Sending prayers to you and your family.

Wildfire
08-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Frogger, I am very sorry to hear of the death of your cousin....and only 38! So young. Hope you can exchange that suit for one you like better.

You know, with all the horrible things going on in the world, and knowing that our own time here can be up in a blink....well, it's one of the reasons I don't want to delay meeting my Irishman any longer. I fear losing him, but even moreso losing him and never having gotten to hug him. Silly and sentimental? Perhaps.

Arabella, you could give that girl a run for her money right now! You are lovely, and don't ever doubt that. Yes, my DH is understanding regarding my Irishman. Not that I really ever gave him a choice. :lol: I knew my Irishman before I met DH, and DH knows that I likely wouldn't be here if not for my Irishman, and most days he is grateful for that. ;) I was very upfront about my friendship with my Irishman when DH and I got involved, and explained that nothing or nobody was going to interfere with that friendship...and he never has. I have another close male friend here, too...it has never been an issue.

Kaylets, in all likelihood, you will not be fired over the problem the auditors found, if that is what you are thinking. You may be spoken to, but short of embezzlement or keeping duplicate books (and you aren't in finance), they would be hard pressed to dismiss you. Mistakes happen. That's what auditors are supposed to find, so the problem can be corrected.

Amarantha, you have not been happy in your job for a good long time now. I hope your search brings you a job you will enjoy, for you so deserve it. It is hard to make that kind of change...did it myself not so long ago...and the grass isn't always greener...but sometimes a different shade of green is a good thing, too.

Okay then...mutual butt-kicking all around!

My plan for this week:

~to eat at least three times a day, for if I don't keep track of it, I often skip a meal or two and that is as bad as overeating for me.

~Daily exercise in some form or another

~Increase water intake

~multi-vitamin

~start journalling again

Is there any interest in a daily log thread here, or are we all keeping separate ones in other places?

I have some sewing to do...have gotten back into making clothes with my wonderful new machine...and we are going to an auction later this afternoon.

I will check in later, have a great day!

Kaylets
08-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Hello all!

Wildfire, I appreciate your thoughts and am swinging from " F***'em if they can't take a joke to "Thank you very much for forcing my hand."... Today was wildly busy and I just kept making piles.... w/ a wonderful detachment...
Its amazing when you have disabled that Guilt switch how much simple life can be.... Thanks Wildfire.. I've never really been in this instance b/4 .... its just very unnerving still being "new" and etc....
And besides...

Did I mention that far too many of the calls make me sad and depressed??

EMPRESS< GET RIGHT BACK HERE< RIGHT NOW!!! Havent we told you mixing w. the masses?? It never works... they are just so ..... UNROYAL... :lol:

Woodnymph.... yes, the trouble w/ these stupid conventions, etc, is that they expect you to do what they have planned.....

Frogger... So sorry to hear about your cousin. My best to you and your family!

Aria.. How goes it?

And hmmm.. Eydie... which line is for the butt kicking???

Off to WW's to see what I see....

( at least its free finally !)

frogger
08-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Good Morning ladies!

Do you ever have that 1 family member that in times of sorrow, say/do the most innapropriate things? That would be my sister.... :rolleyes: She moved to Kentucky last year. Now she's trying to get to the funeral for Thursday, but she's making a mess of things. I need I want, come 3 hours out of my way to pick her up and then have her back at the airport in the middle of the afternoon. She also said something very off the cuff. A statement that has no validity or that she has no knowledge of the facts. What a ditz. :dizzy:

Be back later

aria2000
08-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Hi frogger,
Sorry to hear your sister is not "cooperating" under the circumstances.

frogger
08-02-2005, 02:08 PM
So now she's not coming. I'm sad that she won't be there, but she's really making a simple (I say simple, but really last minute) trip way to complicated. Get on a plane and get here if you really want to be here. She does this all the time.

On another note, I get my 1 year review tomorrow. Not only do I FINALLY get my review, I also get to not be at this site (going to my home office) AND I get to go there and then go home!!! YEAH!!!

wsw
08-02-2005, 08:20 PM
frogger-so sorry to hear about your cousin's death!

Wildfire
08-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Gosh Frogger...you know, if she really wanted to come she would just come without all the drama. Sometimes crisis brings out the best in people, sometimes the worst.

Amarantha, Amarantha....come back and play!

Kaylets, it might be best to just sit back and let the universe sort this one out. If it is meant to be, it will be...you might be destined for better things, who knows? I truly believe that things happen for a reason...it is more and more evident in my own life of late, and I seriously doubt it is only me!

I must go tweak our budget...seems we have been spending a little more than usual lately, and it's time to cut back. After all, I have a trip to pay for! ;)

Amarantha2
08-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, I AM back here, Kaylets, as thou knowest I never mean it when I go away from ye all and of course thou knewest I'd be back. I have deleted my nasty but heartfelt post of goodbye here and shall henceforth just, as ye say, stay away from the masses. :)

I'm doin' daily challenges in the challenge forum o' the land far far away now instead of a journal ... all welcome if ye're over there ... my challenges are going well personally, except yesterday I ate 2900 cals or thereabouts, so that wasn't so good.

NOT gonna be a good week, I'm afraid!

deleted2
08-03-2005, 07:05 AM
Frogger. so sorry to hear about your cousin, and you're right--you don't need the drama from an insensitive family member. We all have them....

Kaylets, think of it as an adventure! :D

Yay, Amarantha's back!!! Remember: do not wander beyond the castle grounds. There are hags out there in the hinterlands that confound the mind.....

Speaking of confounding the mind, I had an experience similar to yours, Arabella. I went out to dinner with a dear friend who's tiny, and her sister was visiting too. Both of them tiny like little fairy princesses--and I felt HUGE next to them even though when I left the house I thought I was looking pretty cute. A trick of the mind, my dear---but when it's happening it feels so real!

aria2000
08-03-2005, 10:08 AM
:balloons: Hello everyone!
Calories: 1720
Walking: 45 minutes :)
Water: 2 glasses

Punkinseed
08-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Happy Wednesday!

Was MIA last week because of my dad's visit from Arizona. He ended up staying a day longer than planned - which was fine - we had a great visit. I took a day off in the middle of the week to play tour guide, but had to work the rest of the week as mums was in Utah at a horse clinic.

Amarantha, I'm so sorry to hear of your nephew's passing. Your family's in my thoughts.

Frogger, and your cousin.... I'm sorry for your loss too. Hope your visit with your sister - if it happens - is a good one, even with the reason for it.

I'm almost afraid to ask how Anagram is doing.... But I do agree with her that this is a place not just of support but solace too. Sure, we get together here to gripe/share our weight issues/successes, but that's just a small part of our lives, it's inevitable that we share other life issues/successes too.

On a lighter note - Frogger, I'm afraid I'd want to spike a lunch for that food thief. When I worked in SF I actually used to have just parts of my lunch stolen (like the chicken eaten out of a cassarole - yuck!) and someone said "but maybe they can't afford their own lunch" - my response? "Well what makes ANYONE think that *I* can afford to feed them???". Start to hide your food girl!

Wildfire, meetin' the Irishman huh? :devil: Hmmm..... have "fun" just doesn't seem the appropriate thing to say!

Haven't told you all - "my guy" in LA said he wants to move to Oregon or Washington when he's done with school (specialty field). WHAT am I supposed to say to that? Didn't respond much - just said "cool, get your butt up here". Don't know what he meant by his comment! And they say women are hard to read??? :dz:

Eydie, how's your dad? Is he ok after the fall? Doesn't it bite when you have to start being the parent? My mom was thrown from her horse a week ago Friday and cracked her sacrum. I shook my finger, gave her the business, chewed her out and then shut up. I'm so tired of pointing out the obvious to my own parent! ACK!

Otherwise, all is well with bestest friend in CA. Still pregnant and counting the weeks until we can exhale and celebrate! Weight is hovering - but that's my fault for refusing to journal (really need to get back to that!).

Shall return to herald the coming of Friday!

Terri

Amarantha2
08-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Yea, E!!! Amarantha be stayin' here in the safety o' the palace, far from the uberhags! :lol: ... Aria thanks for joinin' in the daily challenge again today ... the prize committee left your trophy over there ...

Punkin, thanks for thy condolences ... I did not know how much I would grieve for my nephew until he was gone ... it is ever thus, I guess ...

Arabella, I've thought o' sellin' crafts or such, but the truth be I have never successfully sold anything in my life (unless thou countest Campfire Girl candy ... of course, I sold all my boxes to my mom and then ate all the candy, so I don't think that counts) ... I'm even fearful of sellin' somethin' on eBay ... I have a goal to try to do that this year but haven't as yet even made an attempt ... so I am hopeless.

Gotta rest before work tonight ... bye all ...

aria2000
08-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks, Amarantha!

wsw
08-03-2005, 08:38 PM
finally feeling like i'm making some consistently good food choices, and have lowered calories a bit more(last few days have averaged 1260.) stupid scale still not moving downward but will forge ahead until body catches up with noble efforts. had a visit today from my golden retriever buddy, which i thoroughly enjoyed.

punkin-good to see you.

wildfire-i smile when i think of you meeting your irishman in not too distant future.

hello eydie, amarantha, kaylets, aria, arabella, anagram, and to all our beloved royal kingdom, mentioned or -un. wishing you all a good evening.

Kaylets
08-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Hello all....
Yes, absolutely right, all of you are right... it is an adventure .... I am feeling much more like myself although I still am smarting not that I know so much more about the task the goof up was found .... but again, it was my 1st time out of the box ...
I am enjoying the ride this week and today's speech actually ROCKED....

here's the condensed version... this one was really hard to put on paper....
I think you'll see why....

My speech was about Small Change....

It started out about how we all have small change in our cups, cans,
drawers, etc. etc...and that sometimes there's talk about eliminating small
change but then folks start to defend small change and we begin to see the
value....

and then I did a group exercise... that proved a point about how trying to
do too many things in too short a time makes people get tense, defensive,
etc.( being overwhelmed).. ( Task was to change 20 things about their
appearance in 30 sec)

and then the exercise was to do w/ only 3 tasks but in 1/2 the time..... and
how when they knew they could accomplish the goal in the reduced time, the
group began to loosen up, smile, laugh and get creative....
( Task was to change 3 things in 15 sec)

then I used the first line of today's thought... ( just happened to find
that this am and it was perfect)...

A coin saved for a thousand days becomes a thousand coins....

which then led into how when I began my weight loss journey I knew what I
wanted to do but had an unrealistic time frame and then when I was initially
weighed, was overwhelmed because I weighed more than I imagined... in fact,
shared how it was
a talking scale and when I got on the scale I was so heavy the talking
scale said " ONE AT A TIME PLEASE!"

and how I knew I had to become more active but that I knew even when lycra
was in style, I still wouldn't look good in it. And that my idea of activity
at that time was walking to the fridge during a commercial... so I had make
a small change and now I walk to the dishwasher to unload or to do
laundry....

And I my idea of cooking was to push the buttons of the microwave ( an
exaggeration for dramatic effect) but with small changes I now can tell you
about daikon or tempeh....

( and then I reached into a duffel bag and pulled out my very largest jeans)
and showed them to the group.
and then as I was still talking about the jeans being the biggest size at
the store I shopped and how I was having trouble getting into them when I
began my weight loss ....

I put the jeans on over the clothes I had on and pulled them up as high as
they would go which is just about at chest level....

and my closing was " So the jeans that I was too big to get into are now too
big on me!
Small changes can make a big difference... " ( or something like
that....)....

It seemed to get everyone very motivated and I won the "sparkplug award"
but I really should've rehearsed more.. I was grabbing at my thoughts..

kept hearing myself say "So..."...

but nobody caught me on it ( we have a grammarian report) so maybe the
visual just knocked the whole speech out of the park...

Empress....I was hoping I was right about your return..... and remember that royal credo I've been saying lately....

F*****'em if they can't take a joke......

ok, so its not really royal but when you are really in the mood to say that, it really does feel good....

AND if confession is good for the soul, I'll feel better after I ask... Ok Frogger, its been a year... I still don't know what you do in you cubicle w/ your carb addicted coworker.....
thats why he cant stop... I 'd recognize that at 20 paces....
and I betcha he's hooked on the salt in that stuff too....

anyway...
I'm sending myself to the showers....

Amarantha2
08-04-2005, 02:32 AM
I always feel better when I say that word, too, Kaylets!

Said it a lot today! :)

Will say it again, tomorrow!

Glad you are feelin' better about the auditor thing ...

anagram
08-04-2005, 05:08 AM
Anagram steals quietly into the Palace of Solace and Consolation....Dear Empress and Dear Frogger - my deepest sympathies. And strength to Eydie in her parental concern. It's not just the driving - it's the caring that drains one. Once again we :queen:s appreciate the value of treasuring every moment even in the midst of difficulty. And to Arabella enjoying Boston and Aria and wsw fighting the good caloric battle and Kaylets and Amarantha fighting on the jobfront, hang tough in queenly fashion.To Punkin, fingers crossed for friend, I send best wishes for new life. One of the little joys of the hospital is that they play the "Cradle Song/Lullaby" whatever each time a new baby is born. I always stop and listen and reflect on the joy and am happy for the families affected.

And then there's our Wildfire - I shall be living vicariously for sure as we count down the days until October and her time with her dear Irishman. Gives me tingles.

I'm also trying to appreciate that I must still consider my own health - have not been very stellar in that regard but still am making some better choices than I might have done in the past. Braving scale only rarely but am seeing doctor today (more or less regular visit postponed from way back) and his scale is always higher than my own. But no matter - it could be lots worse.

DH once again has done a turnaround for the better. He is on his second day of breathing without respirator again. Future still most dicey. He is down to 150 lbs, on feeding tube w/"regular" food introduced just two days ago. Nothing left to fight with except his forceful will to live.

Aaaah - it's been so restful in the Palace with all the chat of violets - I'm seeing them right and left in my mind's eye. So peaceful. My own garden is in violent disarray. But I have gathered together my pots of impatiens and put them just off the patio of Peace and Tranquillity where they can catch some occasional rain (even managed to water sometimes). They are blooming brightly there and are a source of contentment each morning, however briefly. Another reminder of joy in small things and small moments.

My short visit with the Royals has been quiet refreshing - shall adjourn to family room sofa in search of a few more winks. Leave breadcrumbs, please, so I can follow to whatever new challenges the Royal Route takes on. I'll be back when able.

Amarantha2
08-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi, Anagramatic!!! Sending best strength vibes to thy location 'n DH's ... he sounds better, that's wonderful!

I like impatiens ... or used to ... I don't think they grow here, at least if they do, it'd be in the winter, which it definitely ain't right now ... vincas are nice here ... they look like violets ... of course, they mainly grow in the winter, too!

Well, just about everything grows in the winter here, so what am I babblin' about? Dunno! :)

Need to go to the meetin' from h*ll soon, where I will once again probably walk out as I will not take the public humiliation they heap on the paper when I cover that council ... so wish me luck, all.

Thy note about breadcrumbs reminds one that this thread was only supposed to be for the seventh month and it's now the eighth ... should we change it or just pretend it's still July ... I hated July, it was not good for me, but ...

Kaylets
08-05-2005, 05:29 AM
Hello all!

Anagram! SOOOOO Glad you had a chance to stop by! And sooooo glad to hear that DH is improving! ((((((((((((((((VIOLET HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) to both you!! And if your doctor today has anything negative to say regarding the scale just raise one Royal Eyebrow and intone : "Considering the circumstances, we ae doing the very best we can!".....

Sorry to be brief w/ everyone else but one of the dogs is acting like she's hurt both front and back paw on the same side ( yet will run and bark outside and grabbed a piece of bread from me as though she was an acrobat) so I am short on time b/4 work....

The only tiny thing I want to add is... Since I have begun taking the Black Cohosh again and in fact, doubled my intake, the dark, dark mood has lifted....

I have no idea why for sure but it makes things easier....

and did I mention the keys were finally found????

By DH of course....

Did someone mention a baby??
Is it Punkin's friend? :smug:

To a good Friday.

I will be content just to get thru it.

Yes Empress, I will look for your ideas tomorrow if you havent done so already ( OR ANYONE ELSE hint hint... !!)

Auspicious August??

Lovely Labor Day??
Yikes, that was awful!

Let's put some distance behind this 7th month w/ lessons learned.....

KETTLE IS IN THE FREEZER AGAIN!

frogger
08-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Hi All!

Funeral service was very nice. I saw many people that I have not seen since I was a little girl. Most of them hardly remember me. (it's a LONG story, maybe I'll share at another point in time).They did a very moving video pictorial which I thought was just fantastic.

Be back later on!

aria2000
08-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Anagram: so happy to hear the good news about your DH!

frogger: good to hear that your cousin's service was beautiful!

Amarantha2
08-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Brevity mode as runnin' late:

Hi, Aria!!! Just "saw" ye in the land far far away!!! :)

Froggie: Glad you were able to attend the service and that it brought some closure for thee, seemingly.

K ... MY WEIGHT GOAL IS CENTERED ON OCTOBER 16, SO SELFISHLY, I WOULD BE GLAD TO GET INTO A HALLOWEENY MODE HERE ... WHAT ABOUT A THREAD FOCUSED ON SAMHAIN/ALL HALLOW'S EVE/HALLOWEEN ... whatever name floateth the boateth ... it's on a Monday (I think) ... for me, personally, that witchy ol' Hag be really rattlin' at the bars o' my personality and needs to be let loose ... :)

I notice that since I've lived in Arizona, that "autumn" feelin' comes early to my heart ... as soon as the abatement o' the monsoon seems in sight, I start feelin' halloweeny ... it's generally hot here until Christmas or thereabouts, so that doesn't enter into it ... but as far as I'm concerned, it's autumn (except the temps are still risin' to triples, but we take what we can get) ... in August I start to notice the few decidious (sp?) trees getting ready to change (ok, so it'll be three to four months before they do that and they never drop all their leaves, but I can dream, can't I?) ... so I'd like to do a Samhain challenge ... I like that name best ... it's the Celtic New Year ... I personally need a New Year ... my nephew's death has again reinforced for me (sadly) that life is good and I will honor him by gettin' as strong and livin' as happily as I can for as long as I can ... so weight/fitness are my continuin' focus ... that ol' Hag in me ain't EVER gonna give up this great bod ...

frogger
08-05-2005, 12:41 PM
I would love a Halloweenie Challenge.

Just sitting here making a checklist for vacation. I have absolutly nothing else to do. I'm hungry, but don't want to spend money. Should have brought my lunch, but as usual, I was running late.

Punkinseed
08-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Happy Friday!!!!!!! :cp:

Not much goin' out here. It's hot, but it's hotter elsewhere in the country/world so I hesitate to complain.

If any of you have had the chance to watch Brat Camp - you're seeing my back yard essentially. Smith Rock, where the kids repelled down a cliff is 15 minutes from my house. The "God forsaken wilderness" the kids are complaining about is 45 minutes away. It's been SO funny listening to them complain about the "inhumane conditions". I LIVE in this inhumane place! :rofl:

Been busy takin' care of mums. She got thrown from one of her horses 2 weeks ago and hurt herself pretty bad - a cracked sacrum and hairline crack in a vertabrae. She's hobbling with a cane right now. :rolleyes:

Bestest friend in CA got the news that they could see a heartbeat in the little blob that will soon be my new neice or nephew. Awesome, amazing, thrilling news. I cried. Well, we both cried. :bb: :cb:

Amarantha, I know what you mean about not knowing how you'll react until a loved one's passing. I thought I'd pretty much grieved for my stepfather during all the years of watching him pretty much kill himself, but it's been a hard road. Just now, after 5 months, I'm getting to where I can watch hospital shows again without bursting into tears. You have my sympathy....

WSW, :wave: Good to see you!!!

Anagram, So good to hear DH is once again made a turnaround. That must be one amazing man - full of spunk and fight. But then he does have an equally amazing family to stick around for doesn't he? ;)
I love the idea of the hospital playing lullabyes when a baby's born! What a sweet idea - and a nice reminder that while others may be struggling, there's new life coming into the world all the time. It's really a miracle on both sides isn't it?

Kaylets, Funny how dogs are suddenly juuuuust fine when it comes to food huh? Hope the pup's paws are ok!

Frogger, glad to hear your cousin's service was nice. Have a great vacation!!!!

As for the next challenge - I'm up for a Slimmin' for Samhain since I'm of the witchy persuasion. Or Hoofin' it to Halloween? Either way, sign me up! The end of October isn't really all that far away...

Have a great weekend everyone!

Terri

wsw
08-05-2005, 08:24 PM
hi anagram-so glad that your dh is doing better! and to see you in the palace.

frogger-glad that your cousin's service was nice. hope you have a good vacation.

amarantha-a halloweeen challenge sounds good to me too. july was the pitts for me, and it is onward and downward for me in this fresh, new month. i agree-taking care of oneself is indeed an excellent way to honor a loved one's memory. i have been trying to remind myself of that of late, in fact, and seeing your words was just what i needed to hear, and at just the right time.

hi aria, arabella, kaylets, wildfire, punkin, and to all our dear royals! i am thinking of you on this blisteringly hot evening. i did well with food and exercise today. at least the heat helps even me have less of an apetite than usual--well, it did today,anyway!
have a good evening, everyone!

Amarantha2
08-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Well, it seemeth as though the Samhain/Halloween thread is gettin' a lot of votes here ... do we have a consensus? :)

Can we have a volunteer to start the thread ... hmmm? :) PUNKIN, thy screen name hath a definetely halloweeny sound to it, doth it not? Somethin' to think about ... wouldst thou consider takin' up the cudgel 'n starting us off?

At any rate, I gotta go eat before my blood sugar crashes altogether! Sorry for lack o' personal responses ... emergency food needed!

Amarantha2
08-05-2005, 09:48 PM
P.S., where did Avwoolf (sp?) go? Be she lurkin' ... ?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

deleted2
08-06-2005, 05:44 AM
Halloween/Samhain Challenge sounds good to me too. I'm longing for autumn, I can always tell when I start dreaming of how good that cold weather food is going to be. You know, soups made with winter squash and stuff like that!

I was wondering about avwoolfe too. Come back! And where's our Ceara????

Amarantha2
08-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Also sending a call to Ceara, the Sword Bearer!!! Thought she said she was on vacation, but that was awhile ago!

I gotta go back to bed for awhile ... not feelin' well but will meet trainer later.

Kaylets
08-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Hello all!

DH went to work about 7:30 am, ( both us moved really slowly this am...I even got an extra 1.5 hr sleep)... but I've managed since to get some laundry, dishes, correspondence, vacuuming, watering the garden, done while boiling eggs, some beans for a soup and chickpeas for salads,etc...
Trying get lots done while I have the house to myself and am motivated...

FINALLY we have some ripe grape and cherry tomatoes... evidently the plants growing so tall really was a what saved the tomatoes from this blistering heat as the tall plants made a "canopy" of sorts...
The cucumbers are gone though.... We didnt water enough in the heat...
Peppers look ok though and believe it not, still have blackberries....

Eydie... How is your dad?? I've been meaning to ask and am sorry I haven't...

Yes, I too have been wondering about Ceara and Q Wolf too....

So is it Halloween??

Can we do mini sprints too???

Ok...

Lets just commit to TODAY... WATER...
How did I get away from it??

I dunno...

How's your day going?

Amarantha2
08-06-2005, 11:04 AM
K, what about one long thread for Samhain/Halloween but EVERYONE must post a mini sprint for each of the months leading up to that? NO EXCEPTIONS ... everyone must participate or the towel boys will go on strike ... er, sorry, I'm coverin' a strike at the moment and that crept in!! :lol: Anyhow, doesn't matter to me ... but hopin' someone will get us off this SEVENTH month thread and into autumn!!! :lol:

Arabella
08-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi Royal Ones! :wave: I'm home, but feel very much in need of recuperation. It was a bit of an odd trip. The former site editor was extremely elusive throughout, which is not unusual for her but it was to a far greater extent than usual. Before the trip she professed to be very excited that she was going to see me, once we got there she mostly disappeared. We had dinner together the first night, but then she pretty much blew me off the rest of the time. On Wednesday, she suggested I might want to join her and the previous site editor for a touristy day in Boston and said she'd check with me before she left. So I hung around and sent her a message saying I'd like to go, to no avail. I finally realized she must have gone without contacting me. The next day, she sent me a message saying she'd been running behind schedule (without actually apologizing) and added a list of links to everything they'd done that day. Somehow thinking that would allow me to enjoy it vicariously, I guess. What it did, of course, was rub salt in the wound. I felt so much like I used to when I got left behind as a kid. It really hurt, and still does. I'll never even semi-count on her for anything again. Sadder and wiser, I guess.

My trip back worked out okay in the end, but it started out horribly -- had to get up at 3 a.m. to get to the airport for a 6:15 flight. Got there, stood in line for a half-hour before an agent even appeared, stood in line another 20 minutes to get to the agent -- who told me my flight was cancelled, that I could come back and be on standby for a flight out that evening (which would get me as far as Halifax but no farther) or repeat the whole process the next morning. She, also, didn't apologize. I guess that Air Canada was diverting planes to get people out of Toronto after the crash. Anyway, it sounded as if my choices were: A. Make probably repeated trips back to the airport over gawd knows how many days, or: B. Rent a car and drive home. So I drove. Took not quite 12 hours. I must admit I was pretty freaked out by the whole thing, trying to decide what to do and nervous about getting to the highway -- never actually had my mouth go dry from anxiety before, but it happened then. It was okay once I got out of the Boston area, just cranked the classic rock stations all the way and kept heading north. I think from here on in I'm going to drive, at least to the summer meetings. Air Canada -- ptui! I spit on them!

Anyway, I'm home, and intend to mostly just relax and recuperate this weekend. Really feel like I need it. Sorry for the me-me-meness of this. It never ceases to amaze me how this essentially petty stuff can knock me for a loop. Feeling grateful, nevertheless, that I don't have any major issues to deal with. Sending good thoughts to those who do. Love!

Kaylets
08-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Hello all!

Just found this on my WW's site and tried it...

Its interesting but I laughed when it said I should lose another 12 lbs...

Folks were telling me I was getting bony....even my WW's secretary.....

Of course, its the Navy test and for the most part, I am sure mostly for younger folks.....

I agree I am sure I have more body fat than needed ....
although was suprised that I was as high as 27%....

Which I had my measurements from when I began.....

Got to believe I must have been about 48-50%....

Ah well....

see what happens when I'm supposed to be working on my resume and doing housework 15 minutes at a time!

:lol:

aria2000
08-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone!
I will just keep a low profile until I come back from vacation, lol.

Kaylets
08-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Oh Wood Nmyph! You must be exhausted!~ And you're right about the editor...Just plain old rude... too
next time you'll meet up w/ Royalty! ;)

And I think driving was an excellent decision..... CLASSIC ROCK... yes, indeed...
sorry your trip was such a disappointment.....

Amarantha2
08-06-2005, 06:45 PM
Never apologize for the me-me's, Wood Nymph! Or for minding the "petty" stuff, 'cause it really isn't petty ... please read some of my posts about recently being hurt on this site (as well as in the town I cover) and know that I really understand how this stuff can bother one ... well, ya can't read my posts re that as I deleted 'em, but anyhow, I so understand where you are coming from.

I also would be feelin' exactly the way you do about that rude "editor" person blowin' ya off ... and not apologizin' ... d'ye know, I believe no one EVER apologizes to me for anything (definitely not any uber people on this site nor nonuber but still rude people on this site) ... I can't remember in the past few years that ANYONE has apologized to me for diddly, while I seem to apologize frequently ... hmmm ...

Anyhow, now I'M apologizin' as I'm turnin' this into a ME-ME post when I'm tryin' to say sorry thou hast had a crummy trip ... glad thou did semi-enjoy the trip back after gettin' out of Boston (that would scare the cr*p outta me) ...

Hope you feel better soon after gettin' some rest!!!

Amarantha2
08-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Hmmm. Warmin' up to this theme: WORLD, a tip: apologizin' sometimes can go a LONG way towards bringin' about a state of peace, love 'n harmony in our small universe. Sometimes we don't exactly MEAN to hurt or bother folks ... especially online, where we are talkin' to folks we don't know face-to-face ... but it just works out that way ... an apology doesn't always mean that one has erred or done something wrong ... it can be the ultimate smoother of ruffled feathers, the ultimate expression of empathy, an acknowledgement of other people's pain ...

Dunno where I'm goin' with this, so I'll just go back to work

Bah!

Amarantha2
08-07-2005, 12:52 PM
This is a cross post from my journal ... sorry if it be against anybody's rules, but wanted to share with my friends where I am at challenge wise right now (having GAINED a freakin' .4, but that's ok 'cause the Fitday PC software data indicates that's what I could have expected from the cal average I had this week). Okay, here's what I posted as to WHY I wanna do a Halloween challenge:

We at the Halloween Hut are ignorin' the .4 weight gain o' Novice Hag Athletea!!! It's a trick she's playin' on us for Halloween, no doubt. She also noteth that the Fitday PC software is alarmingly accurate ... our weekly target cals were slightly up and we gained accordingly. We really gained this .4 pound because we wanted to test the software to make sure we made a good investment!!!

We at Halloween Hut Central wish to announce that we are OFFICIALLY not changing our October 16 goal for A to reach 130!!! We feel that during this Halloween/Samhain season, the season that to us represents the beginning of the new year and the springin' forth of new life (though sometimes we do not see it in autumn because it's disguised as the END of a season, autumn is really when we, the Hag clan, starts to develop the vision that allows us to view and realize that beyond the winter ... just a heartbeat away ... a new SPRING will arise). We at Hag Central wanna be ready for that, so we're gonna work on our goal NOW and move forward into the crisp autumn air!!!

Amarantha2
08-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Happy birthday, Wildfire!!! :hb: :hat: :cheer:

aria2000
08-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Happy Birthday Wildfire! :flow1:

Wildfire
08-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Thanks Amarantha and Aria! Long day...filled with company, lovely presents, good food, really good wine, beautiful weather....and every single dish in my cupboards was dirty when they all left shortly before 10pm. :D Kitchen is back in order now, though, and I am happily heading off to bed.

My neighbor brought me the most beautiful royal blue roses, yes real ones...I had never seen blue like this before. I've seen a very pale bluish tinged rose, but nothing this vibrant! I'll take pictures tomorrow.

Amarantha2
08-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Oh, Wildfire, I love blue roses. I've only seen them a few times, never ones like you describe. Do please put a pic up for us to see!!!

Again, happy birthday.

frogger
08-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Happy Birthday Wildfire! :hb: Gee, I seem to be off a day for everything around here! LOL :p

5 more days until I blow this popstand for VACATION!!! Whoo Hoo! :cb:

Be back later...

deleted2
08-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Happy Belated Birthday, Dear Wildfire! I look forward to seeing the pics of the roses too--don't think I've ever seen blue ones.

My dad had his surgery first thing this morning and all went well. Now for the long recovery period. :)

Amarantha2
08-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Healin' vibes waftin' in the direction o' thy father, E!!!

Froggie, hope you are able to blow the popstand soon!!!!

:queen: s, I just had some more sad news re a sort of coworker ... don't want identity to slip through, but this person died ... her obesity contributed and again I am rededicating myself to this struggle ... as I could easily be where she is.

Halloween thread?

Rededication?

What say ye?

Punkin? You have the Halloween name ... :)

Punkinseed
08-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Okay, okay, yours truly will start a Halloween thread tomorrow a.m. - as I'm off and out the door to donate blood (how fitting huh?). Shall we call it "Sprint o' the Spirits?" :rofl: Ooooh, I'll think of something!

It's the last they'll get from me for the next 6 months since mums, bestest OR friend and I are all getting tattoos on 8/27. Last I heard they were considering dropping the 6 month ban on donating after tattoos/piercings, but I don't think that's happened yet....

Here's what I'm getting on my shoulder: http://www.purplemoon.com/Stickers/sun-moon-clouds-set.jpg

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY WILDFIRE!!!!!!!!!! :hb: :hat::woo:

Arabella, I'm so sorry that you had, what sounded like anyway, a trip from ****. I swear, sometimes flying's just not worth the trouble!

Well, must mosey to visit the vampires!

Terri

Kaylets
08-08-2005, 06:17 PM
HEllo all!

Happy Birthday Wildfire!
Blue roses are something I have never seen....

New thread sounds like a winner. Will look in the am.

yes, Empress, DH 's coworker passed on too.... only 62...

lots to motivate for the rededication....

Off to WW's meeting...

wsw
08-08-2005, 06:33 PM
wildfire-happy birthday!!!! have never seen blue roses, but they sound lovely.

eydie-glad your dad's surgery went well, and i'm sending good thoughts your way for his recovery period.

amarantha-sad about your coworker's death. it definitely reinforces my rededication resolve too.

arabella-hope you are recovering from thy business trip from ****!

hi kaylets, anagram, punkin, aria, frogger, and to all the royals! blasted scale still stuck at same number it has been for the past month+, despite my noble efforts. just have to redouble my efforts and figure out what needs tweaking in order to jumpstart my poor old bod in to rembering how to lose weight. even though i wanted to toss scale out the window this morning, i will stay strong! have kept up with lowered cals, daily exercise, and healthy food choices. well, have a good evening, all. take care.

Wildfire
08-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Blue roses:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/MsSherlock/bluerose.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/MsSherlock/blueroseontable.jpg

Impatiens for Amarantha:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/MsSherlock/pinkimpatiens.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/MsSherlock/CoralSwirlimpatiens.jpg

Wizard's Mix Coleus:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/MsSherlock/Coleus.jpg

Black Eyed Susans:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/MsSherlock/blackeyedsusans.jpg

Gerbera Daisy:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/MsSherlock/Gerberadaisy.jpg

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!!

Amarantha2
08-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Wildfire, the flowers are beautiful and the blue roses amazin' ... I can almost smell them ... I want some blue roses!

Punkin, thanks for offerin' to start the new thread!!! :) I love your tatoo choice.

Kaylets, my coworker was 49 ... yes, wsw, we should all redouble our dedication to this quest ... it's important!!!!

Don't worry about the scale being stuck ... mine is also!

Braindead 'n must go to sleep ...

Arabella
08-09-2005, 09:03 AM
I'm recovering, bit by bit, from my trip. It wasn't all bad, and I do feel like I got a fair amount out of it, although much of that was taught by the great teacher, Pain. I feel, still, sadder and wiser. I think that the former editor has had a great deal of loss in her life and is going through a hard time right now. No excuse for how she treated me, but maybe a partial explanation. In any case, I'll never rely on her again. She's never been very dependable, but in other instances she's really done a lot for me. I don't think I'd be editor today without the support she's given me. So -- it's a take the bad with the good kind of situation. My feeling, when you get right down to it, is that you weigh the good and bad and your awareness of all that determines your relationship.

I'm tired again today, will try not to push too hard. I took myself to the beach on Sunday -- invited DH but he said, upon reflection, that he'd prefer to stay home. I can't just let my life be constrained by his task-orientation and desire to sit around. I feel like I've got to assert myself, take care of my own needs in this relationship or I don't think I'll be able to stay in it.

Wildfire, a belated but very happy birthday to you! :balloons: I thank the Universe for bringing you here and hope this year is everything you want it to be! Ah, blue roses and a wild Irishman -- that's a pretty good start ;) And your coleus is GORGEOUS!!! I've got to try to duplicate that -- what a glorious addition to a flower bed.

Kaylets, how go the work and home battles? Has the episode with auditors blown over? DS is gone again, I think? Hope you're finding some time for JOY! BTW, where are you located? (curious, also thinking of next trip to Boston). I understand, though, if you don't want to say. Some people don't, for reasons of anonymity.

wsw, you and me both -- let's hit it! This weight loss thing, I mean. Sounds like you've been doing very well, and it's just a matter of time before the scale cooperates. I know when the weather cools off, we sometimes lose a bit. It sure feels like it, anyway ;)

Amarantha, you're right, that could have been you! (And I should beware, it could be me!) And you could have stayed at your top weight, or gone up -- but HOLY SMOKES!!! Look at where you are -- a very healthy, nice weight and a pretty healthy lifestyle! Kudos to you, Empress! :cp: :cp:

I really liked your note about apologies, too. I know, oft-times, my tendency can be to be defensive if I know I've erred, and it's so much better, cleaner, healthier and more healing to say, "Oh, I was wrong -- and I'm sorry."

Anagram, so nice to see a long postie from you and so glad to hear that your darling seems to be rebounding. What an ordeal this has been for you! We generally forget the fact that life has a number of these in store for us and just glide along oblivious until we're delivered into one. I'm so glad that the violets stayed with you -- they've certainly become an integral part of my inner world. Peace!

Punkin, I'm very excited for the challenge -- this is going to be GOOD, I can just feel it :yes: Reclaiming self, losing excess baggage. I actually quite like "Sprint O' the Spirits!" Love your tattoo image!

Beautiful Eydie! Oh, some women WILL be tiny fairy princesses :rolleyes: One supposes they can't help it. Nevertheless, I suspect there is not so much difference between you and them as you feel there is.

Ceara, dost thou lurk?

Love to all, mentioned or un- Let's take this day and do our level best with it!

ceara
08-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Yes Arabella, I dost lurk this faire morn...I had many pages to catch up on...I was outta it from page 4 on...took me a half hour!

Condolences to Amarantha and Frogger on losses of dear ones...Happy Birthdays to Arabella and Wildfire. Hugs for Anagram...I hope DH keeps spiralling upwards in his recovery!

Have been very tired....and use the "anatheasia" excuse for it and any mental memory lapses I have. I have been back at work since the 11th of July and am still cleaning up messes from being gone......six weeks is a lot of time for screw ups to multiply. However, I am lifting more things, judiciously, and starting to do more stuff...actually cut grass for a bit on the rider mower...can do the push one yet. The incision is pinchy...and I know that I'm still swollen....don't like this poochy feeling. However onwards and upwards.

I will look at the flower and tats links later...I think that DD wants the phone. We still have dial-up......:lol:

Anyway, I hope to check in a little more regularly......who's running the boot camp?

:wave: to all :queen:s!

Ceara

frogger
08-09-2005, 01:51 PM
Did we decide on a title yet for the new challenge? I think it'a about time to start don't you girls? I don't know about you, but I'm tired of looking at my lumpy, bumpy self. What do ya say??? ;)

Punkinseed
08-09-2005, 01:52 PM
See ya'll on the new thread!!!!

:cp: