Support Groups - Looking for someone who weighs 206

70poundloser
07-06-2005, 03:14 PM
I would like to buddy with someone who weighs the same as I do. I weigh 206 pounds and I would like to get down to 130. I would like to do a weekly weigh in on Mondays to chart our progress. Anybody out there who is willing to buddy with me?

mamamoore4
07-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi 70...I weigh 205 give or take a pound. And I would like to be at 130 to 140. I have had four kids so I'm not sure if my body can be 130. Tell me alittle about yourself.
I'm Crystal, almost 28 years old. Been married almost 10 years and stay home with my four kids. I live in Texas where I homeschool. My kids are daughter 6 1/2, daughter 4 , son 2 1/2 and daughter 5 months.
I'm still trying to get in the frame of mind to do what I need to do to lose weight. I'll exercise as I can and watch what I eat. The only method to losing weight for me is Common Sense and God.
Are you ready?

70poundloser
07-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi MommaMoore4! I am so glad that you responded. My name is Cheryl. I am 34 years old, single with no children. I would love to be married with 4 children. I want 2 girls and 2 boys. I am a teacher. I teach middle school students. When I chat, I sometimes throw the rules of grammar out of the window. I see a personal trainer Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. She says that I need to increase my intensitiy in order to see results. It is very hard. I am so glad that you are a Christian. I am as well. I am new to the board. My starting weight is 206. I don't know how to post my chart that shows where I started and where I'd like to end. I will try to figure that out. I hope to keep in touch. Let's weigh in every Monday. I need motivation.

mamamoore4
07-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Hi Cheryl, I too am glad you are a Christian. My last group was full of non christians although they claimed to be, they weren't like me.
I think it's great that you are a teacher. Not sure how you feel about homeschooling, but that is where I stand.
Because I stay home, I don't have a personal trainer or time for that matter or even money for that matter. Husband is unemployed and has been since October. He completed a fire academy and has one week left of EMT school. Then hopefully he'll get a job. Therefore, I have an exercise bike that I'm trying to find time to use. I'd also like to go walking outside from time to time.
I am right at 206 and only 5'3". I haven't always been overweight, it just kept coming as years of marriage passed and having four kids. My kids are great and they come first that's why I don't always have time. I'm old fashioned in so many ways meaning, when dh is home I spend time with him and the family unless I'm in the kitchen or doing other chores. I try to have a good dinner cooked and I serve him his plate and am at a close side when he needs refills and such. It used to get to me that I was like that, but now I'm glad I am. I think that's one way God uses me. As a housewife to care for the members of my family.
I don't diet by following any plans at all. It doesn't work, someone else telling me what to eat and not to eat. I LOVE sweets and I can't break that. I love to cook and bake. I can't always afford to buy nutritious items. I simply do the best I can.
Let's exchange email addresses and/or im names so we can be at a hands reach to one another. I don't know about you but to me 3fat chicks site is sometimes slow.
You may need to private message me, don't expose your email on this site, you never know who's lurking.
Let's do this!!!
Okay go to your control panel and there is an example of a ticker for weight, click on it and just simply follow step by step until you get it posted in your signature under control panel. Hope that helps.

Vicki in Okinawa
07-07-2005, 12:45 AM
Hi Ladies,
I am at 205 and trying to get down to 135. I am 37 and have been married for 19 yrs this August 2nd. I also weigh in on Mondays. I started this four weeks ago. I am execising allot and watching what I eat. I am a mother of two boys 13 and 16. We recently moved to Okinawa Japan because hubby is in the navy.I am also a christian and have a personal relationship with God.I would love to join the group. :D
Vicki

mamamoore4
07-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Vicki, I am very excited to have you here. I'm glad that Cheryl asked for people like us. If you read my previous message you'll know that I don't have a "plan", but I do what I can with common sense and God's help. Lots of prayer.
I think it finally hit last night as I looked at myself in the mirror in disgust. My motivation is this; first I have my 10 year high school reunion in October. Still not sure if I'm going but like to lose some weight just in case. And secondly, my husband is about to become a firefighter and I know so many women attracted to men in uniform especially firefighter, I'm one of them. I know my hubby loves me JUST the way I am, but I want to look better for him. Anyways, let's start chatting.

70poundloser
07-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Hi Vikki and Crystal,
I am glad that you guys responded. It's about 9:45 where I am so I am posting late this evening. I like the computer, so I will probably chat frequetly. I am going to try to send you both my personal e-mail.

70poundloser
07-07-2005, 11:10 PM
I have sent you both a private message with my e-mail address. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that you got it.
I have already charted my weight and target. I just don't know how to make it show when I type my message. I'll keep trying maybe I'll figure it out.

mamamoore4
07-07-2005, 11:16 PM
I got your pm Cheryl and have emailed you. Hope to hear from you soon.
Make your signature and on the bottom of the post pages, you can check where it says ALWAYS SHOW SIGNATURE.
Hope that helps.
I'm getting close to brushing teeth and reading before bed. I'll check in in the morning. Have a great night.

Vicki in Okinawa
07-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Hey you two. I will check and see if I got the email. Today has been a good day. Remember I am 13 hrs ahead. So I will post while ya'll are sleeping. I talk to my friends in the states late at night or early in the morning. Mama I can totally relate with the hubby thing. He has never said a word about my weight but he is concerned about my health as am I. I think he deserves and I deserve to look and feel my best. I have always been someone who the weight bothers me 24/7.

mamamoore4
07-08-2005, 07:51 AM
Good morning Vicki and Cheryl. Hi to both of you. Vicki you'll have to keep me updated that your time is far more than ours, I'll forget. Glad you've gotten a good start today. Of course now that I know you're 13 hours ahead of us then it's like almost 8 pm tonight for you. That is so hard to grasp. ANyway, way to go. I slept an hour later than I like to, didn't mean to, just did. So I'll try to work something in today for exercise. Yesterday I played tag with my kids around the house. We came from a 850 sq ft. home to a 2100 sq ft. home not very long ago and we're sure taking advantage of it.
Have a great day Cheryl.

Vicki in Okinawa
07-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey all,
70, I sent you an email. Please ,let me know if you got it.Things are going great this weekend so far. I had tennis lessons yesterday. Today is not a busy day. We are so busy in the week that I have to catch up on everything.
I will go to the gym tonight.
Have a great day,
Vicki

mamamoore4
07-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Sounds great Vicki. Keep it up. I haven't done well today. Been much more active with kids and such so that counts I think. I'm a little blue this evening, but I'll get it together.
Talk later.

Vicki in Okinawa
07-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Mama,
I hear ya' I am alittle blue today too. I think it is because I have such a bad sinus headache. I will work out tonight because it helps my headache.
Vicki

mamamoore4
07-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Good morning ladies. Hope your headache gets better Vicki. I guess I slept okay, but I'll need a nap later, didn't sleep that good. Anyway, I'm not so blue, dh and I had a little argument last night, nothing major just words, but all came out okay. He's gone til tomorrow staying with his friend and the fire station. He has to get 3 ride outs on the ambulance before he can take the national registry. I love him very much, but I love when he's gone all night too. And I don't want that to sound bad, but I can run things my way. Plus it'll make me more than ready to see him tomorrow.
I think I'm staying home today unless something comes up. Hope all is well.

Vicki in Okinawa
07-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Mama,
Went to the gym tonight. :tread: :ebike: It always feels so good afterward.I told hubby I never thought we would spend our Sat. nights at the gym.
I know what you mean about when hubby is gone for the night. Mine is on shore duty now but when he used to out to sea, I tried to find the positive which was I always got more done when he was away.
Well, I am going to read my book before bed. I am reading Dee Henderson books. She has a christian series about military families. She also has The O'malleys series but I haven't read those.
Talk to you tomorrow,
Vicki
?? Where is 70???

mamamoore4
07-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Not sure where 70 is. The weekend keeps people busy most of the time. Glad you made it to the gym. That's always good.
It's funny you talk about the book you're reading. I've never been a big reader, but just started one when we moved in this new, BIG home, so I have time and space to read. It's The Guardian from Dee Henderson. He's the O'Malley, first one I've read, but I seem to like it.
Talk later.

Vicki in Okinawa
07-10-2005, 01:18 AM
I am reading the Uncommon Heroes Series.I am about finished with book two. It takes me a while because I never get a chance to read because we are so busy.My hubby is cooking lunch for all the guys at his work for tomorrow. The house smells so good. He is making three different pasta dishes. I think he has about 30 people who work for him. He is the better cook in the family. He got his talent from his mother. I bought him a low fat cookbook for father's day. He has made a few dishes but I am usually the one who cooks.
Vicki

mamamoore4
07-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Hi Vicki, it's nice to hear you're doing good. I slept okay last night. I had watched Ladder 49, had been dying to see it. I LOVE John Travolta. I knew what happened and still cried. And it made it worse with my husband about to go work as a fireman.
He'll be home shortly from being gone all night at the fire station and he has to go help his grandparents. I think we'll go with him so we can see them and him and I can do some laundry. I have to do laundry until my water situation is fixed.
But dh has been off this weekend from school but it's like we haven't seen him. So I'll check in later.
Hope all is well.

mamamoore4
07-11-2005, 06:52 AM
Okay where is Cheryl?
Good morning or afternoon to you Vicki. Hope you're doing well.
I slept pretty good, have errands to run after breakfast and then school this afternoon. I'm hoping to fit in exercise BEFORE the kids get up. We'll see.
I'll check in later. Wanted to drop and say hi. Hope your day is well.

Vicki in Okinawa
07-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Down 2 more this week. :cb: :cp: :cheer: :goodscale
I'll post more later.
Vicki

70poundloser
07-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Hello you two,
I did not post this weekend because I was preparing for a role in a play that we performed at a church banquet this past weekend. We had a lot of fun. Sorry, I was under the impression that we were going to e-mail each other, but this forum is fine. I need to figure out how to get my bar underneath my post. I have already set it up. I just need to figure out how it gets to the bottom. I'll play around and figure it out. Vicki you've inspired me! I am looking forward to 199 as well. I am looking forward to Monday. Friday is my last day with my personal trainer. I have some things to do around the house and I am going to use that money to get new carpet for my living room. I have a gym membership. I will use that more and I will also stay inspired by my fatchick buddies! Have a great day!

70poundloser
07-12-2005, 11:30 PM
:D I did it! I did it! I figured out how to show the tracker! Now I just need to make the pounds go down! :lol:

Vicki in Okinawa
07-13-2005, 01:01 AM
You go girl. :bravo: :cp: :cb:

mamamoore4
07-13-2005, 06:56 AM
Hey Ladies. Good morning. Glad to see your tracker Cheryl.
Well, I did great yesterday until dinner time. I do good with all the other meals, even with cutting out snacking ALOT and the snacks that I do have are healthy or lowfat, low low fat. Just dinner gets me.
Not sure when I'll get to exercise today. Dh is home today and will sleep until after the kids and that's where my exercise stuff is. Then after breakfast we have to go to town again. I'll figure it out.
Hope you ladies are doing okay. Talk later.

70poundloser
07-14-2005, 03:13 PM
I can't believe tomorrow is Friday. It will be Monday soon, and I have not done anything significant in the eating department. I need to change soon. I would like a decrease in the scales. Chat with you later.

urbancowgyrl66
07-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Dianna and I too am in the 200 lb range and would like to get down to about 130. I could use ALL the help I can get! I am having such a hard time getting started. I'm hoping you will let me join the three of you to lend and receive support in losing this weight.
My biggest struggle is after working a full day (at a sit down job), commuting an hour each way, going home to my 3 teenage children (who have metabolism's thru the roof), cooking and cleaning.... I just can't get motivated to exercise. Also, even though I'm only 38, I am in full menopause (due to breast cancer) and it makes the weight loss effort even harder and in fact has caused a 30 lb weight gain the past year. I am hoping that if I feel that I am held accountable to others then that will get me moving.
So, OK girls, I am starting today on this weight loss journey and hope that I can share my progress with you.

Vicki in Okinawa
07-15-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey everyone.Welcome urban, Sorry I haven't posted lately, I had a Dentist appt yesterday and They gave me something for the anxiety. I slept till this morning.I hope everyone is eating good and going to the gym. I had tennis today. I did not do any exercise yesterday. I have had a hard week this week. I think it was all the anxiety about the dentist. I think I was wanting comfort food.
Vicki

70poundloser
07-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Welcome UrbanCowgirl! Hello Vicki and Crystal. I cannot believe how many attacks I have encountered lately. Within the last week or so I have been offended by at least 5 people. Whenever I am emotionally upset, I reach for the comfort food that makes it all better. To combat this notion to overeat during hearbreak, I imagined myself sucking a bottle to make all of the pain go away. (Kinda like what babies do). I tell myself that when I look to food for comfort, I may as well go suck a bottle because that is infantile behavior. Well that's my spill for today. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend. I'll see you later.

Vicki in Okinawa
07-17-2005, 06:42 PM
I hear ya' about the emotional eating. I was just talking about that with my hubby. I am having to teach myself how to deal with things instead of eating. I had a day like that yesterday.
Well, today is Monday for me and I am down three more. :cb: :cp: :goodscale
I can taste 199.
Vicki

urbancowgyrl66
07-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Happy Monday everyone! Started on a walking routine with my daughter this Saturday. We went down to the Chicago lakefront and walked the 8 mile trail. Got home to find out my central air unit wasn't working and the part I need won't be in till tomorrow. It was 100 degrees here on Sunday, so I didn't accomplish much in the workout department but the heat did prevent me from having an appetite. I'll be doing my first official weigh in on Friday. I'm hoping I see some results.

70poundloser
07-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Hello Everyone,
OK I did not lose anything this week. I did not gain either. Though the digital scale kept reading 205-206. I want to scream!!!!!!!!! Ok Ok. I did not gain anything. I will start on my tomorrow today!
Congratulations Vicki!! Are you on some kind of program or are you just watching what you eat? Chat with you guys later.

urbancowgyrl66
07-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Last night I recognized how much of an emotional eater that I am. After having an argument with my ex-husband, I mindlessly proceeded to eat about 25 potato chips before I realized what I was doing. Have any of you ever done this? How do you control the trigger before you actually consume the food? I'm just glad I stopped before I ate the whole 4 oz bag. :shrug:

Vicki in Okinawa
07-19-2005, 06:56 PM
Hey Urban,
I hear ya' I am an emotional eater. I won't let myself near the kitchen when I am angry or sad. Planning times to eat and what can avoid this also. Go do something that you could not eat doing. These usually are temporary. You feel so good after it passed and you did not binge. Sometimes I feel that way and have to ask myself what is bothering you today and try not to avoid working through it. You know that ex-hubby is not worth being fat. Don't give him your power.
Vicki

mamamoore4
07-20-2005, 07:49 AM
Hello ladies. So sorry I haven't been around. Just kept busy with homeschool and a dh...his schedule is off since he's not working and when his schedule is off, so is mine.
Anyway, WELCOME Dianna. So glad you've joined us. We'll keep you motivated.
I'm Crystal, almost 28 years old, married almost 10 years and have 4 kids. Alisa will be 7 in Oxtober, Ally is 4, Andrew is 2 1/2 and Allison is almost 6 months. I live in Texas where we homeschool.
WAY TO GO Vicki. Woohoo.
Not gaining is just as good as not losing to me, Cheryl.
Well, I'm down 4 pounds. When I made my ticker I didn't weigh I just put it at 205 or 206 because I had maitained that for a very long time, but now I'm actually down to 205.
Well, I'm not an emotional eater, I eat when I get bored. I feel like I have to snack ALL day long. That's what I've been working so hard on. I'm eating LOTS more fruits and veggies, have cut out snacking almost altogether except for fruit. Maybe a handful of nuts or a boiled egg but for the most part, I've cut it out. And I started eating lots more veggies. I've cut back calories big time. Although I'm not counting, I know in my head what I can eat or not. I still haven't fit exercise in there yet.
Let's see...night times are out. Day times are hard because of housework, breakfast, lunch, dinner, cleaning in between, laundry, homeschool, refereeing fights, mending booboos, etc., etc., etc. Mornings are okay except I'd have to get up at 5:00 and I don't go to bed until around 11:00 and still get interrupted from 2 to 4 times a night. So I'm working on fitting that exercising in there.
I'll check in later.

urbancowgyrl66
07-20-2005, 01:20 PM
Vicki - Your encouragement is greatly appreciated. You are so very right about not giving "the ex" power over me.

Crystal - Thanks for the Welcome and the introduction. WOW! Your hands are full with 4 children still so small. My children are teenagers now and more independent, but I remember how hard it was to find "ME" time when they were younger.

I feel like I'm back on track now. Yesterday was a good day. I have found a meal replacement bar that I actually like to eat for breakfast (Luna) since my mornings are so hectic, for lunch I've been eating garden salads w/fruit & yogurt and for dinner I basically try to prepare a healthy meal (that resembles a not so healthy meal or else my kids won't eat it) and eat sensible portions. It's too hot & humid here to go for long walks so I've been working out on the Gazelle (25 minutes) and using hand weights. Now I just need to keep it up. Watching all of your tickers go down definitely gives me inspiration.

Vicki in Okinawa
07-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Hey Ladies,
Well, I survived the dentist again yesterday. One more appt and I am done. I didn't survive pms yesterday. I ate to much yesterday. I feel better today and I haven't had any pms this morning. I am not letting the guilt of yesterday effect me today. I have told myself that is why some people are successful at losing weight. Well.It is Frday for me and I can't wait to go to the gym tonight. Ya'll stay strong through the weekend.
Vicki

70poundloser
07-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Hello Everyone!!! Sorry I didn't get an opportunity to post yesterday, but I have good news to share. I lost a pound this week!! Finally, I lose a pound. What happened to everyone else? Do share. We all have ups and downs. I can attest to that. Let's hear it. Have a great week!

70poundloser
07-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Oh NO!!! I didn't do my signature right. I've got to figure this thing out!

urbancowgyrl66
07-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Congratulations 70!!!!! :cp:

I'm happy to say that I've lost 2 lbs last week. I'm really looking forward to watching the numbers on the scale go down, but more importantly for my clothes to fit better. I got off to a bit of a bad start this week. It was my youngest son's 14th birthday yesterday and I just couldn't pass on the cake. But I've promised myself that I would make up for it with exercise this week.

How did everyone else do last week?

Vicki in Okinawa
07-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Hey all,
I am down one this past week. It was a milestone to 199. Never to be 200 again. I am going to the gym everynight. I can't believe how much I love it. I can't believe how good I feel.Way to go 70.Way to go Urban. TTYL,
Vicki

70poundloser
08-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Hi Crystal, Diana, and Vicki,
Guess What! I lost four more pounds!!!! I am so happy!
I do have a secret. I met a very nice guy and he is quite fit. That motivates me to eat less and work out because he is so fit and gorgeous. I am also in a competition with my best friend. We are competing to see who will lose the most weight by homecoming which is in October. I am so happy I have my online buddies to motivate me as well. I thank God for all my supportive friends. I hope to hear from you today or tomorrow.
Cheryl

Vicki in Okinawa
08-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Congratulations :bravo: :cb: :cp: :woo:
I am also down four pds this week. It is so nice to have all this support. Glad to hear you met someone. keep up the good work. Hope everyone else is doing great.
Vicki

urbancowgyrl66
08-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Congratulations Cheryl & Vicki on 4 lbs each!!!! :goodscale

Cheryl- Also, it's good to hear you've met someone that motivates you.

I didn't lose any last week. I kind of overdid it over the weekend when I went on a camping trip with some friends. But, I also didn't gain anything, so I'm happy about that.

70poundloser
08-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Good Job Urban!!! I take not losing as a plus just as I would a loss. It beats gaining any time! Have a great week. Don't forget to exercise.
Cheryl

urbancowgyrl66
08-09-2005, 04:11 PM
First of all, I'm happy to say that the scale is down another 2 lbs.

Secondly, like Cheryl, I have met a man. He's great (so far). The problem is that he has invited me to go swimming this coming weekend. Till now he's only seen me in skirts [knee length to cover full thighs & chubby knees] or jeans. I've concealed other areas with control top panties, three quarter length sleeves to hide the flabby upper arms...... OH NO!!!!! How am I going to be able to wear a bathing suit. I'm stressing. :dizzy:

I'm totally not into misrepresentation, but I really thought that before it came to "baring" more of me, I would have lost a few more pounds.