WW Clubs and Groups - FAB 40'S & FIT 50'S #174

View Full Version : FAB 40'S & FIT 50'S #174

Jenny523
07-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Thought it was time to begin a new thread...the other was too long.

Es, good luck at the dr.

HI :wave: Terri, Dianne, Sandy, Zoe, Ruth, LJ, Leeann, Mscat :wave:

dpadro
07-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Whoops, I think Jen and I were posting at the same time and I didn't realize we moved to #174 - so I copied my post below. :wave:

Good morning my buddies:

Feel's like I haven't been here in ages.......oh, wait.......I haven't I started vacation last Friday too and on Saturday we went to Philadelphia to pick up my DIL and the kids. They spent a few days with us, barbecues, pool, fireworks, etc. We then dropped the kids off at their other grandparents and they will stay with them for a week in NY while my DIL comes back to Philly - we just brought her back last night and we stayed over. This is the first time in a long time that she will be without the kids for a whole week - she really needs a break. She's going to school to reinstate her nursing degree - R.N. Its been rough on her since she and my son split up, but she's doing really well now - I'm very proud of her (and not so proud of him!) Willie's sleeping and I'm on line to check out some sites to see - we'll spend the day here. I'm on vacation until July 19th - we'll just take some day trips into Jersey (beaches), Manhattan and most of all the backyard

Es, amiga, so glad to hear you're doing so well after the surgery I'm glad you're not in a lot of pain. Is Pete home with you this week?

Jen - congrats on your loss 15 lbs is fantastic and you lost it so quickly You're doing a great job! to Matthew - I bet he will be riding that bike without the training wheels by summer's end - kids these days learn quicker that we did

ZoeGirl - Enjoy your LV trip - hope you have a ball. Congrats on your loss too Glad to hear Jenna's birthday went so well. How is the little mommy-to-be feeling?

MsCat - Glad you decided to join us - we are a WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING group of women And also very modest No, but seriously, we are all here for each other to support, congratulate and talk about whatever, so you've come to the right place!

Terri - what was that about bear butt chicken??? I kinda missed that post! Glad to hear the kids are having a good summer. Is Britts still working?

LeeAnn - Hi there - sounds like you had a great time at the Sheltie reunion - I don't know what a sheltie looks like, but I do know its a dog Sounds like you're gonna have a beautiful garden. Willie is really getting into that - we have flower pots on the steps of the house, hanging in various places, etc. Really pretty. We have some small trees in the backyard but the guy who lived here before us made sure he cut them in various places so they are kind of half standing, half laying down - what a jerk! Oh, walking my zipcode turned out to be people going out in groups of 3 or 4 and each group was given a 10 block radious to walk and talk to people about the church, etc. I didn't know that was what we were doing - I was under the impression that a whole huge group was gonna walk together and walk much further. But it was some exercise anyway.

L.J. - I know you're struggling, but at least you haven't given up. Just keep taking one day at a time - don't look at the BIG picture. Sometimes we have to take baby steps. Hang in there girl!

Hi Sandy, how are you doing? Is Greg going to a theatre camp? Hard to believe he's going off to college in the fall isn't it? Time goes so fast. I still can't believe my baby girl Alana has graduated College - unreal!

Well, let me get some breakfast while willie's still sleeping. I love my "quiet time" - I have been going out on the deck and having my coffee and reading my paper and thanking God everyday for bringing me there. Sometimes we really do have to stop and realize the blessings we have. I count all of you as one of my many.......!

Hope everyone on vacation enjoys their time off! I'll talk to you's when I get back to Staten Island.

Hugs,
Dianne

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by dpadro : Today at 01:09 PM.

Rios426
07-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Me again,

All went well at the dr. Stitches are out. He said it'll be a couple of weeks before I'm pain free. I still have to keep it elevated. I'm feeling some discomfort so I have to make this short.

Till tomorrow:wave:
Es

Jen,
Enjoy your week. All right!!!!
Hope it stays dry.
:hb :woo: Happy Birthday to Matthew. 5 already. WOW!!!!! He was like 1 when I "met" you.
Congrats on the new car. FUN!!!!

Zoe,
Congrats on the loss. A loss is a loss. 2 sticks of butter.

Es,
I can't wait til the pain is all gone for you. You are so sweet.

Dianne,
Yes, Brittany is still working and loving it. She met a guy (early twenties). They are supposed to go out this weekend or when we get back from Ohio. His name is Paul. I like when I know them first but oh well. He is a counselor at the Spacer and Rocket center while he goes to school for Aero Engineering. Just like her daddy.
Beer butt chicken or for the less rednecky people Beer can chicken :lol:
You take a half can of beer and sit the chicken on the can and grill it. It makes it tender and juicy. It was sooo good. You can also use pop or soda for those that aren't from the midwest.
Sounds like you had a great 4th.

Our 4th was nice. It rained most of the day but quit around 5:00.
We went out and flew the radio controlled plane for about an hour and went over to our city's 4th celebration. They had lots of concessions and blow up jumpinmg things for the little ones. We took the truck and set up chairs in the back and we right under the fireworks. They were the best I have ever seen. There were like 5 finales. We only had Bradley. Britts had to work and Brandon was staying at a friend's (Tyler) house and went with them.
They looked for us but since there were so many people they couldn't find us. Another close friend of their's (Justin) was dropped off by his mom and he was searching for Brandon and Tyler and he kept coming by asking if we saw them and we invited him to stay with us and he ate and drank and watched the fireworks so we still had 2 kids. I love those boys they are so funny and fun to be around.
We are going to Ohio next Tuesday. We have a wedding to attend. I love weddings.

Hope you are all doing well.
Terri

Jenny523
07-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Dianne,
I'm so happy for you when I hear about how much you're enjoying your new home. You've got a nice long vacation, have fun.

Terri,
When I read of Britts meeting a guy I got a very protective "mother bear" reaction :lol: I'm sure he's nice or she wouldn't be attracted to him, right? Great choice in occupations for him, he sounds focused.

Es,
Take care of yourself. Each day will be better. Hoping you're not rushing back to work?

We're having the boys over tonight for a sleep-over. Aren't getting hot weather, as I had hoped for our week off...of course they're predicting 95 degrees for next Monday when we return to work :rolleyes: But we're having a very nice week off so far.

Hi to all,
~Jen

Rios426
07-07-2005, 07:41 AM
There go the tourists again! Geesshhh!!! It never ends.

Terri, what a minute...boyfriend? I think Titi(aunt)Essie is going to have to give Britts a call.(kidding) Sounds like your 4th of July was fun. We didn't see any fireworks. My Susie is so scared of them I hate leaving her home alone. They stopped after midnight.:tired:

Jen, we're going to get lots of rain tomorrow. I hope the weekend will be nice for all of us. Back to work on Monday. :(

I forgot the last time I counted points. I'm starting new tomorrow. With the surgery & all it was hard since I couldn't cook. We ordered alot of takeout. Will weigh myself tomorrow morning & will plan my weekend menu.

Well, ladies, enjoy your evening.

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
07-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Es,
what did you mean about the tourists? ?
I have had way too much fun this week in terms of being on program/counting points..or should I say NOT counting?? :eek: No gain, which is good, but no loss either....whew!!!
I know you must be relieved to have the surgery behind you. When I don't cook for a period of time, I miss it.

Took the boys today to Wisconsin and toured the Jelly Belly plant they have there. It's simply a distribution center, not a manufacturing plant, but they put on a cute tour and have a shop where you can purchase everything they make. I give Joe an assortment box of them each Christmas, and it's been a special tradition for him and Brandon to share them, naming each flavor, etc. Brandon loved the place! When we returned home we all swam; we'll be outside tonight having a fire. It's fun to have them here for some one-on-one, without the parents!

Hi to all,
~Jen

Rios426
07-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Jen, this is what I was talking about:

LONDON - Police raised the death toll from the four rush-hour bombings in London to more than 50 people on Friday, and said each of the bombs contained less than 10 pounds of high explosives.

Sir Ian Blair, commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said officials were working to establish the precise death toll. He said 100 victims were hospitalized overnight and that 22 were in critical condition.

Blair said no evidence suggested that the attacks involved suicide bombers but that officials hadn't ruled out the possibility.

Commuters in London reluctantly descended into the Underground Friday morning, but buses and subways carried fewer riders than normal the day after the attacks.

Assistant Police Commissioner Andy Hayman said that officials still hadn't gotten near the subway cars of the Russell Square station, fearing that the tunnel is unsafe. Twenty-one dead were confirmed in that blast.

He said officials believe the bombs were placed on the floors of the three subway cars that were hit. He said the initial investigation suggests that each bomb had less than 10 pounds of explosives.

He appealed for patience as the investigation proceeds. "Our people are working under the most extreme circumstances."

E-mail this article Printer-friendly version

Copyright © 2005
All rights reserved.
This material may not be published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Legal Disclaimer

Search the Web

Make Us Your Homepage

Customer Support | About Us | Other Cablevision Sites | Get Optimum Online
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Registered Copyright Agent | Careers
Join Our Customer Panel

© Copyright 2005 CSC Holdings, Inc.

Jen,
The boys look sooooo cute. What a cute picture. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce loves those too. I give them to as well.
Britts loves the protective feelings you and Es give. :lol:
She is excited.

Es,
I am so glad that you are getting back to normal. Britts just loves you.
She was happy to hear you were doing better.
That was horrible in London yesterday. I wonder if we will ever see an end to this in our lifetime?

We are getting ready to go to Ohio on Tuesday. Can't wait.
Luv y'all,
Terri

Rios426
07-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi Girls:wave:

Terri, I love Brittany. I feel like she's my niece. I will always be her #1 fan. ;)

Jen, the boys are so cute. They look so much alike! It must be fun having them over.

It's pouring rain today. After I sign off I'm going to curl up on the couch with Sammy. He's always next to me.

Have a nice evening everybody! :grouphug:

Es

Es,
What a great way to spend a rainy day.
Luv ya,
Terri and Britts

Jenny523
07-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Es,
now I understand what you meant. What a horrible event in London. I hate to think of what can happen to innocent people.

Terri,
I'm glad Britts understands the feelings we have about her. We are family.
The boys are, as you know, the light of my life.

I found out today that my sister Kathie has breast cancer. She had a mass in her breast, along with a mass under her armpit, removed on Wednesday; received the pathology report today, verifying that is cancer, and it is also in the lymph nodes. Kathie told me about this 4 weeks ago, but was hoping it was a cyst, the type she had removed a few years go. She just had a mammogram last September and everything was fine.

We are focusing on the fact that there are many survivors of breast cancer, have to be strong and be supportive of her.
After losing our brother just 7 months ago, it is almost too much. Please pray for her.
~Jen

Rios426
07-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Jen, I will pray for your sister. With strong faith you have hope. Power of prayer heals. {{{{Hugs}}} The important thing is that they caught it early. I know how much you love the boys. They are lucky to have you.

Terri, are you still going to Florida in October? We're leaving Oct. 14th. I can't wait. My cousin said admission for Universal is $80.:yikes:

Dianne, when we rented a house we loved it. We were always in the back yard. How much is the rent? Rents are so high right now. So many people are leaving LI because of that. Hope you're enjoying your vacation. ;)

I will be back later or tomorrow.

Have a great day my friends.

Luv u's
Es

Jen,
I am so sorry about your sister. She will be in our prayers. Give her a big :grouphug: from us.
Brittany thinks y'all are wonderful too. I love my kids so much and miss them when they aren't around so I can only imagine grandchildren. I am starting to see why grandparents are the way the are with the grandkids. I couldn't see it when my kids were little.

Es,
We have decided to go to Williamsburgh, Va. instead. :( I am sad cause I can't meet you. You will love it. We have a timeshare and we got a great cottage and the kids love that kind of stuff. We also want to see the leaves change. We get some color here but not as much as up north.

We are supposed to get some of the brunt of Hurricane Dennis. Think of us.

Luv y'all,
Terri

Rios426
07-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Terri, I was already thinking of you. I heard this mroning that it was hitting Alabama. I will be praying for all of you. :angel: It must be so nice to have a timeshare. Maybe we can meet another time. ;)

My sister treated us to the chinese buffet. I love it but it makes me retain a lot of water. I will do better tomorrow. I'm afraid to step on the scale but I will tomorrow morning. Like they say, you play you pay.

Hasta manana:wave:
Es

Thanks Es,
That Chinese will put a lot of water on the scale so don't beat yourself up
if it shows. I always save my Chinese til day of weigh-in or 2 days after.
I love it.

Terri

Rios426
07-10-2005, 07:43 AM
Happy Sunday :)

Terri, I haven't weighed myself since the week before surgery. I'm up 2 lbs. but I'm sure it's from the chinese food. Chinese food is my favorite.:T

Back to work tomorrow. I got a few emails that they can't wait for me to come back. I'll mostly be on the phones.

Today is supposed to be in the 90's! David is coming by. He wants to go in the pool. I'll lay out for a bit.

Have a great day everybody.

Love,
Es

Hi guys. I amy talk to you from Ohio.
Have a good week.
Luv ya,
Terri

Jenny523
07-13-2005, 05:55 PM
I lost .6 this week. I was relieved to hear it was a loss, no matter what amount. Next week will be better.

Terri,
have fun!

Es,
hope work is ok. Don't overdo it.

HI to all :wave:
~Jen

Rios426
07-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Jen, :cp: :bravo: WTG! I can't believe tomorrow is Friday already. This week went by very fast. I'm doing pretty good. Monday, when I got home, my wrist was hurting then Tuesday it really hurt. Yesterday & today were good days.

Till tomorrow:wave: TGIF!!

Hugs,
Es

Sandancy
07-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Hi Friends,

Es, :) I am so glad that your surgery went well and you are getting better day by day. Are you really already back at work?

Jen, My thoughts are with you and your sister Kathie, that is very difficult news and lots to contend with. I know so many survivors, besides treatment family support will mean so much. :grouphug: She will be in my prayers too.
BTW, congrats, you are doing so well with WW! That is terrific you have had a loss every week since you got started.

We have been so busy since we got back from Maine that I haven't really been on line to visit, I just read. We had a huge family graduation party this past Sunday to celebrate Dave's college grad and Greg's high school grad. The house and yard needed a lot of catching up since we had been away for 10 days. The party went really well, and you can imagine how happy and relieved everyone in the family was after the rough year Greg had last year.

Hello to all, I hope everyone is having a great summer.

Luv ya's
Sandy

Jenny523
07-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Sandy,
It was good to see your post. What a celebrations! Congratulations to both of your guys. It's good to hear that Greg is doing well. I know what you mean about the yard..it never ends, does it?
Oh, shoot, niece just called, I'll be back.
~Jen

Rios426
07-15-2005, 07:17 PM

Sandy, you must be very proud of the boys. Congratulations to both of them. :bravo: :balloons: I went back to work. I was out 2 weeks. I could have used another week but I didn't have any sick time left. They are very thoughtful at work. They are waiting on me hand & foot. :)

Now I can focus on WW. I'm really thinking about going back to the meetings. If I decide to rejoin I will go back Sunday. I would like to lose 15 lbs. by October.

Terri, I hope you & the family are having a great time.

Zoe, hope you come back soon. If you hit the jackpot you can fly all of us out to stay at your house. :D

It's been so hot! :sunny: Too hot!!! I have to go to a barbecue tomorrow. :T :sumo:

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Hugs:grouphug:
Es

Jenny523
07-16-2005, 08:54 PM
We're also having a very HOT weekend; you know I love it :sunny:
Just the 2 of us, we're swimming, gardening, relaxing. This is definitely summer at its best!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

~Jen

Jenny523
07-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Posted a 2 pound loss at today's weigh-in, which brings my total to 17.6 :D Slow, but sure progress. My leader had a very effective anchoring session, in which we each received a glass "smoothie" stone to use as an anchor to bring us back to a point in our lives when we used inner strengths to achieve a goal. I chose the victory I had over cigarettes, back in 1991. We are to focus on those strengths, which we possess and are still in us, to pursue our weight loss goals. It reminded me that after quitting smoking, I can do anything. It was a good meeting.

My sister begins chemotherapy on Friday. After a 2nd surgery, no more cancerous tissue was found in her breast; 9 or 10 additional cancerous lymphnodes were removed from under her arm, however. She will undergo both chemo and radiation therapy.

Es, I hope your hand is better each day.
Terri, how was/is Ohio?
Dianne, thank you for the e-card! It was so nice of you!
Sandy, hope you're enjoying your summer and relaxing after the graduation celebrations.

take care, :wave: HI to everyone
~Jen

Sandancy
07-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Hi Friends,

All of a sudden I am really shook up. Mike was laid off after 20 years at the same company. They were bought in April, and I kept wondering if this was it.
He has a good severance package, but I may not have the luxury of being a part time consultant any more. We are both trying to take a breath before plunging into a job search. This is the first time in 30 years of working full time that Mike has ever been downsized. I hope he and all of us can cope with the changes well.

Jen, Congrats on your progress. :high: I bet you are feeling a big difference in how your clothes feel and your energy level.
I will be keeping your sister in my prayers, I hope she will be well soon and the chemo is not too tough on her.

Es, take care of your wrist, I hope they are still being kind to you at work.

Hi Dianne, Terri, Zoe, Leann, L.J. and the rest of the gang.

Hugs,
Sandy

Jenny523
07-22-2005, 06:53 AM
Sandy,
I'm so sorry to hear about Mike's job. After that many years with a company, one would hope that they could feel secure. We went through Joe being laid off last year; it can be demoralizing for men, not playing the "provider" role. It can be quite unsettling. Good luck, you'll be in my prayers.

We're in another heat wave. The weather service has issued warnings for Sunday...heat indexes up to 110° :yikes: The kids will be here, but in spite of having a pool, it may end up looking like a Sunday in January, with everyone inside watching a movie! The sun was unbearable last week, Joe and I couldn't stay in the water for long.

Have a great weekend!
~Jen

Sandancy
07-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi Jen,
I kept thinking of the recent losses in your family. You and your sister have been on my mind. Is she the mother of the niece that you lost to cancer less than 2 years ago? How close is she to you geographically and have you been able to talk with her? She is in my prayers for a good recovery.
Thanks for your kind thoughts about Mike. He seems as if he is in shock for the moment, and I think that I need to give him some time before he begins a job search. There is an outplacement service that helps the laid off employees and some have had success at finding new positions through them.
One piece of good news came in the mail yesterday. Greg had taken an advanced placement course in history his senior year and the test results came back with the highest rating which means 6 college credits, 2 courses before he even starts!

On a lighter note how are you coping with the heat. Are the boys there for the whole weekend? We have been having some 90 and above days too, but not a stretch in a row. My garden is doing well. We have already used lots of zucchini, a few eggplant and some hot peppers. Next week I should start picking cucumbers and tomatoes too. What are you growing and how is it doing in the heat?

Many hugs to you and yours Jen,
Sandy

Zoe
07-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Hello my friends :wave:

Sorry I haven't been around since my Vegas trip. No, I didn't win big (or yes Es, I would have flown you's guys out here....:lol:....) Life just got in the way lately and to be honest, I didn't get back on track right after vacation. It took me a few weeks but today, I am starting week #2 of being okay. I do know that I cannot be without you's guys. Also, my WW leader, who has become a really great friend, has been a rock of support for me and at last weeks meeting, when I went with my head hanging down, she hugged me and talked to me some about my stuggle. She told me that I should think it through and email her why this is so important to me. Well, Greg was out of town so I really did some soul searching and heart searching. It's amazing how much can change with just giving yourself a small amount of time. Anyway, I emailed her last Sunday night, long, serious and a bit heavy (but she did ask for it...haha) and her response was amazing! She was positive and supportive and just was her usual "friend". I know that you all would appreciate it too......why *IS* this so important? Why *DO* we fall off the wagon? My point was, why is it important AND what has changed from the beginning......the start, when I was so good and lost 43.4 lbs..... I feel great now and will give you a progress report next Saturday when I weigh in again.

Anyway, Just wanted to say hi to y'all and will go back and try to read all I missed. I do want to tell you Sandy, you and your family are in my prayers.

Talk to you's tomorrow....have a wonderfully blessed Sunday.

Me <><

Rios426
07-24-2005, 07:35 AM

Zoe, welcome back. You have never totally given up & I admire you for that. Thru all the struggles you pick yourself up. I know you're going to have a good week. :strong: Sounds like you have a great leader.

Sandy, so sorry to hear about Mike. :( This has been happening to so many people. Lots of prayers going out to you & your family. :angel: :bravo:
to Greg.

Jen, 110! That's way too hot. Congrats on your loss. Our leader gave us a rock for our anchor. I miss WW at work. You are doing so well. I haven't gone back yet but I will.

I'm doing good. My wrist is healing. It's a slow process. I have to go but I'll be back later.

Have a nice day.

Love you all,
Es

Jenny523
07-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Sandy,
Yes, it is my sister Kathie who lost her daughter JoAnne 19 months ago; she lives in Arkansas, so we're about 11 hours away. She has 5 other daughters who all live here in the Chicago area. Bubba, the niece I'm close with, drove down to Arkansas yesterday to spend a week with her mom.
For some reason they did not begin her chemo on Friday; something about doing scans, which had not yet been done. I hope to speak with her today to find out what's going on.
All we can do is pray. When I speak with Kath I am shocked to hear how normal she sounds. I am inspired by her grace and courage. I have been very weepy, but she doesn't know that, and never will.
I hope Mike is doing a bit better. After the shock wears off, perhaps he'll be able to relax and enjoy this unexpected "vacation". It's good that you recognize his need for a breather in between jobs.
Very cool about Greg's score on the history exam. It's hard to believe he'll be starting college. Will he stay involved with theatre?
Our garden is not suffering from the heat; this year's drought is more of a concern. We water very well and very often :lol: am not looking forward to the next water bill. Joe built raised beds a couple of years ago, so the garden is nice looking and less backbreaking for him to maintain. We've had cherry tomatoes, peas and cucumbers so far. We should have peppers and tomatoes soon.
Thank you, Sandy, for your prayers and kindness.

Zoe,
The important thing is that you are trying. We all are rooting for you. Good going on the new resolve, you can do this.

Es,
Hope that each day your hand is a bit better. It does take a while.

Have a good Sunday.
~Jen

Jen,
I pray your sister gets better. How much can one family take?
Great losses too. Congrats.

Sandy,
I am so sorry about Mike's job. Keep us posted.

We came back a day early because we found out a good friend of ours died suddenly from a heart attack. She was only 43 years old and left 2 boys, 19 and 16. She was a NASA engineer and worked with Bruce. She was about 5’10” and was very thin but health conscience. She wasn’t one to eat bad things because she could. She had no indication of a bad heart or anything. That is the scary part. We came home for her funeral.
Then 1 day after we got back from Ohio my mom had to be rushed to the hospital and her left side went numb. They discovered a mass on the base of her brain. They could not do a MRI because she has a pacemaker so they did CAT SCANS and then sent her to Morgantown W.Va. My sister is with her. They will do a biopsy this week and see where they will go from there. This has been a terrible 60 hours.
She is talking well but she is on steroids to stop swelling in the brain and they have to wait until all the blood thinners are out of her system to do anything.
Please keep her in your prayers. She just had such a rough 2.5 years with my dad before he died and now this.
Today is our 23rd anniversary and we had tickets to the Grand Ole' Oprey but we didn't feel like going so they were gracious enough to take the price off the credit card for us. They were very understanding. We will go out to dinner tonight. We sent pizza to the nurses desk on my mom's floor. My sister said they are so sweet. I will fly up (unless something goes very bad)
after the kids are back in school and the the registrations and everything are done.
Missed y’all.
Terri

Sandancy
07-25-2005, 12:15 AM
Hi Terri,

I will echo your thought, how much can one family take?
I am so sorry to hear that you are also in the midst of a crisis. Sometimes at our stage of life it feels like there is hardly a pause in between.
The loss of your friend is a tragedy at such a young age. Know that I will keep your mom and family in my prayers too.

Take care of yourself, we are here for you too.

Hugs,
Sandy

Jenny523
07-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Terri,
Stay positive. Your Mom and all of you are in my prayers. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Sometimes it's difficult to understand what life tosses us.
love,
Jen

dpadro
07-26-2005, 09:37 AM
Good morning friends:

There seems to be so much sadness going on right now. I feel for all of you going through these crises with your family members.

Jen - I'm sorry to hear about your sister's illness. How difficult it must be for all of you to go through this again after your niece's illness. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Terri - I can only say I'm sorry to hear about your mom being ill - also so soon after your dad's passing. The passing of your friend at such a young age must be such a shock. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well.

Sandy - I'm sorry to hear about Mike's job and hope he finds something quickly. I know some companies do give training to their employees when they are forced to downsize. I hope they are able to help Mike.

Es, amiga - How is your hand? How is it being back at work? I hope you continue to have less pain and stress each day.

ZoeGirl - Hang in there - you'll be back on track soon. Your leader sounds like a keeper!

I've been busy at work and at home. We are planning Willie's 60th (holy Moly!) birthday party. We were going to have it at home, but we would have had to cut people from the list and we didn't want to do that. So, we found a small hall, sort of like a VFW hall - it holds 120 people and its a nice, bright, clean, cheery room with a bar and a kitchen, etc. We will have a dj and Justin and a few of his friends will play as well. That was one of Willie's biggest wishes, for Justin to play live at his birthday party :smug: His birthday is August 13th which falls on a saturday, so that worked out well. Anyway, I've been busy with the invitations (I made them myself) and the planning for food, decorations, etc. My son Steven will come in from Florida for the party as well - I wasn't sure he could make it but he's making a special effort - he thinks of willie as his Dad and said he wouldn't miss such an important occasion. In fact, his birthday gift to Willie, besides his presence, is to pay for the hall, which is very generous. Darren and the other kids are all chipping in for the D.J., so we're very lucky. It should be great fun.

Weight wise I'm not doing too great - but I will get back on track and when that happens, look out! :lol: I usually come back with a vengence :devil:

Well, I've gotta get back to work. My love, thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Hi to everyone I've not mentioned. I feel I haven't been here in so long, I'm not sure who all is still with us but hi to Lj, Leeann, Ruthie and anyone else I missed.

Hugs,
Dianne

Thanks Jen, Sandy and Dianne,
We are still waiting. If only she could take the MRI. It would be much simpler. They may do the biopsy tomorrow. We are waiting for the results of
the Petscan. I think that is how you spell it. It tells if there are cancer cells that are active in the body. The insurances won't pay for this because it is new and it is $3300. My sister will have to fight for them to pay for it. The technicians have to , by law, tell the patient about the insurance and they have to sign a paper saying they will pay it right before they go in the machine (have to stay in there an hour). Can you imagine her thoughts while she is in there? That stinks. It isn't a luxury test. They said she needs it. My sister's MIL fought her insurance when they wouldn't pay hers and she won. So hopefully. My brother said he will pay it if they won't. Can't tell my mom though. :lol:

Thanks for all of your prayers.

Dianne,
That is so cool about Willie's party. I know you will all have a great time.

TTYL,
Terri

Jenny523
07-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Terri,
Thinking of you and your Mom. What a hassle about health care, when it's the patient who suffers. It's a shame that it has to be that way. I'm hoping that they can give a positive prognosis.

Dianne,
What an awesome celebration for Willie that you'll have! It makes so much more sense to have it outside the home. You can all get down and party :dance:
And, yes, it was good to hear from you ;)

Stayed home from work today...called in sick...but just really needed a "mental health" day.

We have our annual Family Picnic this Saturday. I've been working on a family cookbook that my Aunt Ginny has been talking about for years. I realized that this should come to fruition before any more years go by. I contacted my cousins, etc., and collected 68 recipes. I've printed a fairly simple book in a binder to give her on Saturday. It's a surprise for her, I can't wait to see her reaction.

Our heat wave has ended...and we've had rain for the last two hours! No more drought?

Spoke with Kathie today. She sounds great; enjoying her visit with Bubba and the girls. Is waiting to hear from the dr. She has no ins., so it will all be covered by Medicaid. When she presented the dr's. office with her card, they postpoined the chemo and said the scans were necessary. I'm wondering if it's the same scan Terri's Mom just had? and now they know they can collect the $$? I know that sounds jaded, but can't help it.

HI :wave: Es! (how's your hand?) Zoe, Ruth, LJ, Leeann, JANIE WHERE ARE YOU?

~Jen

Hi all,
They got the results of the scan and there were no cancer cells or tumors detected. The mass is either a blood clot or anuerism. She had a stroke. They did an angiogram today and they will decide treatment and then she will need physical therapy. Her left side was damaged. She is happy about there being no cancer but she wants her mobility back. She is scared about that. She is also scared it willl happen again.

Jen,
Glad some relief is in the air. We will get relief Thursday, hopefully.

TTYL,
Terri

Sandancy
07-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Hi Everyone,:wave:

Terri, That must be a relief to find out that your mom is not ill with cancer. It seems as if that is the first thing that we all imagined. However, I bet she is very frustated at the loss of mobility. I can understand her fears of another event, all we can do sometimes is say another prayer. My aunt had a stroke last summer and is still having therapy, most of her abilities came back except for some weakness on one side and a little loss of fine motor skills. The sooner your mom can start the therapy, the more that comes back.

Jen, We are still in the middle of a heat wave, it is supposed to break tonight. We haven't had a drop of rain since July 8th, so I am watering my garden regularly. I am starting to work on a family cookbook too. I took out my card file and gathered all of the most stained cards (recipes my mom typed for me when I first moved out on my own) and then I input them to Mastercook. I brought my mom a disk last week, I figured we could continue to collect everyone's favorites to create our own cookbook.

Dianne, it is good to see you back, I was hoping that you were just away on vacation, but I could not remember. That is so cool that you will have a big celebration for Willie's birthday! Especially with all the family and friends getting together. Will you fill the place to capacity?

Thanks for the good wishes and prayers for Mike to find a new job. He seems to be treating it as a vacation for the time being, because he has the severance pay. I have applied for a permanent position at one of my database client's offices. I am concerned about not having health benefits when the severance runs out. The other factor that I am trying not to think about is that I would not even earn half of what Mike was making, but I don't want to pressure him to go back into the same thing (software development) if he wants to do something else. Two of our in-laws went back to school to become teachers, we could get by with that if both of us work.

Hi Es, Zoe, Leann, L.J. and any of our MIA's

:grouphug:
Sandy

Jenny523
07-28-2005, 08:36 PM
Terri,
A good friend of mine has helped me through difficult times with a phrase she is fond of... "A life lived in fear is a life half-lived."
While it may sound simplistic, it has helped me tremendously.
We have to forge ahead and hope for the best.
I know it must be difficult for your Mom; I hope she can focus on the positive and regaining her mobility. Medicine has made great strides in rehabilitating stroke patients. Does she live alone? I've forgotten, sorry.

Where has the summer gone???? I know I lose the month of June due to the busy madness at work, but it seems way to early for it to be August next week!
Looking forward to the picnic on Saturday; our kids, as well as my niece and her kids, come back here afterward to swim and spend the night. I love the traditions we've established. They bring a sense of normalcy when I feel things are spinning out of my control.
I can't wait to give the cookbook to my aunt. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

HI :wave: ES, DIANNE,SANDY, ZOE, RUTHIE, LJ, LEEANN!!!!!!!

Yesterday at work I was surprised with an award for Exceptional Service; our office was nominated by our supervisor for going above and beyond during our busy season. The village mgr., along with other officials, came in with balloons, certificates and pizzas to celebrate with us. Needless to say, it made a particularily difficult week even worse, in terms of staying OP. I'm keeping my :crossed: that I can pop in for a weigh in tomorrow and have a maintain!

~Jen

Jen,
CONGRATS on the award. That is awesome! Traditions are wonderful.
I just hate when there are MAJOR changes. I am not good with them.
I was just so happy to have my mom relaxing to the point where we could go a little. We got to go to 2 lunches since my dad died. Doesn't seem fair. She does live alone with my brother next door but she will be in Bellaire Hospital in rehab and then she will most likely go to my sister's in Columbus if she still needs help. I'll send stuff. My sister doesn't have kids and she works in the office that is connected to her home. Works out great. I know my mom though. She loves her home. She loves her independence. It will be a struggle emotionally as well.
Thanks so much for the saying. It is comforting.
Good luck at weigh in.

Sandy,
I hope everything works out with Mike and your benefits etc... Keep us posted.
My mom starts rehab tomorrow. She can move her left side a tiny bit.

I am starting to relax a little more now. I hate when that phone rings late.
The kids are ready for school, physically at least, not emotionally.
They start Aug. 8th.

TTYL,
Terri

Sandancy
07-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Hi Everyone,:wave:

I just wanted to take a break and visit with my buddies. I hope the summer weather is being good to everyone as time whizzes along.

Terri, I am keeping your mom and family in my thoughts, hope she is improving each day. It seems amazing that school starts so soon, here in New England we usually start the Wednesday after Labor Day. We have to bring Greg to move in day at school on the Sunday of that weekend.

Jen, Keep us posted about your sister too. I was glad to hear that you took that mental health day last week. I think we all need to pay attention to when we need those breaks so we can keep going. Congrats on the award at work. :bravo: I am sure that you are amazing with all of the residents/customers and their quirks. That pizza celebration was just a blip in the WW plan, we all have those! Enjoy your family cookout today.

Es and Zoe, Where are you? I know it hasn't been long but I miss seeing you here.

Dianne, I bet you are really busy with planning the bash for Willie. Aug 13th is coming up fast!:balloons:

We will be really busy with friend and family stuff today. Mike and I are going to a wedding at noon. A friend of mine since 1987, who is a widow, is getting remarried today. It should be a really special celebration. Later today we are going to Mike's brother's house for a family cookout and to meet our new niece. They are adopting a 14 year old girl. It seems like quite a gift and a challenge for them to do this.
Yesterday I worked a full day in Boston and when I got home Mike suggested we drive out to the beach for fried clams :devil: I couldn't resist, but we got a salad as a side instead of the usual fries. The clam stand we go to is on a causeway, so with water on both sides it was really refreshing to watch the sunset over the water.
I got up early today to make a peach and blueberry cake to bring to the cookout. Needless to say my WW efforts are slacking for the moment, but I am really motivated to get back on track. I have been wearing some white summer slacks that had been in a box in the attic for 10 years, and I don't want my slacking to send my slacks back into the box.:lol:

Much Love and a big :grouphug: to the whole gang,
Sandy

Zoe
07-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well and had a great week. I'm so happy to see this weekend arrive!

Well, I went to WW today and I lost 2 lbs!! I was SO good, SO 100% but my scale wasn't moving much. When I got there, I figured I would have lost half a pound or so ~ so when she said 2 lbs, I was floored! And happy! :dance: I'm finally back!!!!!!!! I'm once again, close to my 10% which I hope to make next week, only 1.2 lbs so I just know I can do that.

Yes, my leader is wonderful. She is so energetic and positive, a big help to everyone in the meeting. I've been blessed to have become closer to her than just having a member/leader relationship with her so that's even more of a plus, a help.

Terri ~ I'm so sorry that I never addressed you until now. My thoughts and prayers are with your mom, you and your family. I hope she is improving with each passing day. Also, I'm so sorry about your friend that worked with Bruce. So young.......Hope you can have a Happy Anniversary.

Sandy ~ Have fun at the wedding. How wonderful that she has found love again. And congrats on the good choice of a salad instead of fries. Every little change like that, that we make, is a help. Hope Mike's job search is going well.

Jen ~ Congratulations on your award! What a wonderful surprise to come to work and find. I am praying that your sister is doing better.

Dianne ~ How you doin' kiddo?!?! Hope your birthday party plans are going well. Greg turns 60 (Holy Moly is right!!) next June and I'm already trying to think of the BIG SURPRISE party I'm going to have. I'll take any pointers you can throw my way. :)

Es ~ How's your hand doing? Come say hi if you can.

HI to our MIA's......come back

Talk to you's all later, maybe Monday. Have a wonderfully blessed weekend

ME <><

Jenny523
08-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Zoe,
Congrats on the good loss! :cp: You are sooo close to your 10%, that's very cool. It's nice that you have such a good relationship with your leader...talk about support!

Sandy,
The waterfrong setting you described sounded beautiful. Way to go on those white slacks!

Terri,
It's good that your Mom has the option of staying with your sister. Having your brother next door will bring you peace of mind, knowing she's not alone. I hope she's doing better, and will progress in her recovery.

We had a wonderful weekend. The picnic was great; Aunt Ginny LOVED the cookbook, as did the rest of the family. The boys spent the night, we swam yesterday, and went then out to dinner at Sweet Tomatoes with our kids. Have been off program, today is a new day.

~Jen

Wow, this is a slow time of year I guess. So much to do.
I have been staying uplate watching my Big Brother feed Bruce go signed on for me. It is fun.
My mom's attitude sucks but they are trying to improve that. She started rehab yesterday.

Zoe,
Congrats on the loss. Love when things turn around.

Jen,
I am so glad you guys had a great picnic. That is what I miss about living around family. There are a lot of plusses not to though :lol: I will want to when my kids get married I am sure. What kind of restaurant is Sweet Tomatoes? Is it a chain or a local place?

Sandy,
The water description sounds wonderful. How is Mike doing?
That is great that your friend found love again. What kind of wedding did she have?

We went to Carrabas for our Anniversary. We didn't want to do anything real fancy because of my mom and not knowing then and on the way over Bruce asked what we did for his birthday cause he couldn't remeber anything special
he was drawing a blank and I was like "I can't rememeber either." Then it hit me. We did nothing because my dad had just died. Bruce is scared for another milestone to come up.
We are almost ready for school. New shoes and backpacks and we are set.

Hi to everyone.

Luv y'all,
Terri

Jenny523
08-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Terri,
I know what you mean..living with bated breath hoping something doesn't happen. Happy Anniversary to you and Bruce :love:
Can't believe your kids are going back to school already! Hope they have a good year. I took the boys out on Sunday and bought them their shoes and backpacks.
Sweet Tomatoes is a chain, I think. It's a HUGE salad bar of mostly veggies! not the premade salads with tons of mayo. Every veggie you can imagine.. plus there's a pasta bar :nono: soup bar, bread bar, dessert station...Jess suggested it cause the boys eat really well when they go there. It was fun, Joey and Ili joined us also.
Hope your Mom sees the plus side of rehab and gets to feeling more positive about it all. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

My sister is ok. She's got Stage III infiltrating ductal carcinoma. I've been researching as much as I can to get a better understanding of it all. She is preparing to begin chemo now that the scan is done. It showed no cancer anywhere else, which is good.

I've realized how much of an emotional eater I am...after all these years!
The last two weeks (I didn't weigh in last week :o ) I kind of had a "scr*w it" attitude...and ate everything I saw.....which resulted in a gain today of 1.2 pounds. But that's ok, cause I knew it was coming, and actually thought it would be more of a gain.

So...I'm back on program, 100%. After all, I've got so much to look forward to...primarily Joey's wedding in May.....have to get out of plus sizes! Wish me luck.

HI HI HI HI :wave: TO ES, SANDY, DIANNE, ZOE, RUTH, LEEANN, LJ, MSCAT

~Jen

Rios426
08-05-2005, 07:00 PM
Hello my friends, remember me:wave:

I'm doing much better. I've been working later & harder since we're short staffed so by the time I get home I'm pooped.

Jen, I've always been an emotional eater. Doesn't matter if I'm happy or sad. I'm glad to hear your sister is okay. Hearing the word "cancer" is scary. My prayers go out to you & your family. :angel: I wish we had a Sweet Tomatoes. I never heard of it till now.

Terri, Happy Anniversary! Can't believe it's that time already(school). Time sure does fly. Soon we'll be talking about the holidays.:yikes: Hope Mom is feeling better.

Zoe, congrats on your loss :bravo: :dancer:

Sandy, woohoo :cb: :cp: I bet you look like a hottie in those white pants.

Amiga, Willie turning 60 is just a number. His birthday sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun! That's so cool :cool:renting a place. You are going to party harty:D

Well, I just stopped in to let you know I'm alive & well. I'll stop in daily.

Love you guys,
Es

Zoe
08-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi there y'all ~

Just got home from WW and a haircut. We have a semi formal function to go to tonight. I really don't want to go but then, I always feel that way BEFORE. It's the getting ready and getting out the door that I hate I guess. It's not a sit down dinner ~ just appy's being walked around, a carving station and deserts. Oh great!! desserts!!! :yikes: Anway, that's out night planned.

I lost another 1.5 lbs today at weigh in. That makes me at 19.3 and yippee, I got my 10% keychain!! :dance: Finally!! At least I did it and didn't go the other way. so, only another 30 lbs and I'm good. :lol:

Can't stay but just know that my thoughts and prayers are will all of you and your families. Hope the sick are healed and the sad are made new. Talk to you's soon.

Love ya,
Me <><

Jenny523
08-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Zoe,
Whooo hooo! :cp: Good going on reaching your 10% :cb: that's awesome :D

Hope everyone is enjoying these dog days of summer. It's been beautiful here...sunny and upper 80's.

~Jen

Rios426
08-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Hi Girls,

Zoe, I'm so proud of you. Are you on Core or Flex?

Jen, I hope you're enjoying the pool.

I'm off program but what else is new. I hope by reading all the posts something will click.

Have a great day.

Hugs,
Es

Zope,
Great job on the 10%. :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Hope the dinner was fun.

Jen,
Yes, I hope you are loving the pool. This summer is going so fast.
The kids had their first day today. Bradley likes it so far.
You will look lovely at Joey's wedding. You can do it!!!!!

Es,
Good luck! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!

My mom had an infection in her blood. That is why she felt so bad.
They are clearing that now.
Well, off to exercise.

TTYL,
Terri

Jenny523
08-09-2005, 08:37 PM
I'm doing the happy dance! :cb: Posted a 2.8 lb. loss at today's meeting. :dancer: It seems I have a good week/not so good week routine going on here. That's ok. Only have .8 to go to reach the 20 pound mark. Oh, how I wish I would have done this at a much younger age, when it came off more quickly. But...no regrets, right?

Terri,
At least they know what to do for your Mom now. Good wishes and thoughts for her improvement.
Hope the kids have a great school year! Good luck to them all.

Es,
How is your hand? I've been wondering, how is your brother's gym going? And are you still exercising? I have always admired how you made the effort and just did it! This couch potato hasn't changed much; I know I've got to begin some type of exercise.

I've got to tell you all how proud I am of my sister-in-law. She has reached the 50 pound mark! :cp: I am in awe of how focused she is....exercising and really sticking with it. She works very hard at it, and it's paying off for her.

HI :wave: to everyone.
~Jenny

Rios426
08-10-2005, 07:23 PM

Way to go Jen:bravo: You seem so motivated. I haven't exercised in a while. I'm going back to Curves in Sept. It's on hold because of my wrist. My brother's doing very well. How's your sister doing?

Terri, How's your Mom?

My phone keeps ringing.:rolleyes: I'll be back tomorrow.

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
08-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Es,
Duh, of course your wrist would keep you from exercising...I didn't think that through!
Kathie had surgery today: the port for administering chemo was implanted in her chest and she had her first chemo treatment. She's resting at home, but in a lot of pain from the implant. Please keep her in your prayers.

Hi to all
~Jen

Sandancy
08-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Hi My Buddies:wave:

I am doing the happy dance too :dancer: for Zoe and Jen to celebrate your successes this week at WW. Keep up the great work! :high:

Es, Let's start together again, I bet Dianne will be ready too soon after Willie's birthday bash.

I seem to have lost my click for the time being, but I am trying to be as conscientious as I can. I hope to get it back together once I get back into more of a routine. Mike has been home full time since his layoff which is now 3 weeks. I am telling myself it is practice for his eventual retirement, someday... In the meantime I feel kind of disrupted. I am still doing projects for my client and waiting for an interview about going full time as a permanent employee. We have to take Greg to have his wisdom teeth out next week, and then help him get ready to move into the dorm. The summer really vanishes once August gets started. My garden has been great this year, and is my major source of relaxation.

Jen, I will be keeping your sister Kathie in my prayers.
Terri, Your mom is there too, I hope she is on the mend and feeling more optimistic.

Hugs to all, miss you Ruth, Leann, L.J.,and anyone I skipped,
:grouphug:
Sandy

CONGRATS JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancer: :dancer:
I will keep your sister in my prayers. This prayer card is getting full. Can't wait til I don't need to add anymore.

Sandy,
Hope you hear the click soo. I know how hard it is when routines get broken.

ES,
I hope the wrist is getting better. I think of you often. Britts just asked about you. She just got her braces off after 5 yrs. Her teeth are beautiful.
She is so happy.

My mom is working hard at rehab. She is still pesimistic. Thay is the way she is. Even when things are going well. :lol:
Brandon got Brittany's favorite teacher for Biology this year. His name is Mr. Mitchell. Mr. M. told the class that he was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer
last spring. He wanted to tell them so they'd know why he has to get subs this year. His wife is having their first baby next month. He is in his 30's.
The drs. have given him some hope. There is only like a 4% survival rate with this kind of cancer. Brittany cried and cried when I told her. She said he is so inspirational as a teacher. She sent him a note.
Well, gotta go.
Good luck to y'all.
Terri

Zoe
08-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi there, me again.........

It seems like I am only here on Saturday's lately. I guess time just gets away from me during the week. I went to WW today and I am in shock....I mean, I lost 3 lbs this week!!!!!!!! Total (this time, head hanging) of 22.3. Only about 28 or so to go. :lol: Crazy how sometimes 3 lbs will go at this point in the game. I feel really great.

Jen ~ You are doing great! Keep it up girl, you're gonna be looking so wonderful. And you'd better enjoy that pool as much as you can. Your "summer" is shorter than ours. I haven't used the pool in about 2 weeks and it's been upper 90's to 100 lately. I think today is a good day to jump in. And congrats to your SIL. You BOTH are doing great!

Es ~ I'm doing FLEX. I have tried CORE a few times but just can't get into it. This coming from an old time ATKIN's person. But FLEX has been working wonderfully for me. You'll do it.....like Terri said .....click, click, click. :D Hope your wrist is doing well.

Sandy ~ some click, click, clicks to you too! (Terri, I loved that..haha)

Es and Sandy ~ I know first hand what it's like to get off track and not able to get back on. What put me back in line was really sitting down and re-thinking my life and what I was doing for my weight loss. Of course, I wouldn't have done that if my WW leader wasn't so wonderful and a great friend to me, forcing me to reflect. You'd be surprised how much insight and help you receive FROM YOURSELF by doing this. Her question was "why is this so important to you?" Of course, I added to it..........."and what has changed from the start when I did so well?"..........You'll both get there. We're all :cheer: you on.

Terri ~ I'm glad to hear that your Mom is working hard at her rehab. I know it can be frustrating and all but keep building her up so that her mental state stays high. That is so much a part of rehab. :)

Dianne ~ when's that party? Come let me know all your plans and secrets to a great SURPRISE. I'm going to have to start planning Greg's some time after the holidays so I'm ready. (he turn's 60 6/1).....whew, thank goodness he's 10 years older than me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, hi to all the MIA's. I'll try not to disappear for the week. Thank you all for being such great friends here. I still think we need to set up a get together. I will be more than happy to come to the north east. I miss NYC. :D

later,
Me <><

Jenny523
08-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Congrats, Zoe! :cp: You're doing great.

Click Click Click (love it too, Terri!) to Es and Sandy. It'll happen.

Terri, so sorry to hear about that teacher. Life just stinks sometimes...and him with a baby on the way. Prayers for your Mom.

Dianne, Happy Birthday to Willie! :hb: Hope you have a wonderful celebration for him. Can't wait to hear how the party went.

We've got the boys here for the weekend;it's Jess and Michael's anniversary tomorrow so I offered to watch them. I've got pizza dough in the bread machine and they're excited about making their own pizzas. I have to be careful, pizza is sooooo easy to go overboard on!

Have to run, just wanted to say hi and I'm thinking of you all.
hugs,
~Jen

Rios426
08-14-2005, 09:32 AM

Jen, the boys must love staying over. You always do fun things with them. It is so hot here it's unbearable.:flame: How is it out by you? How is your knee?

Zoe, please post more often. Your losses are awesome.:bravo: Hearing about them makes me realize this program works if you give it your all. How long did it take to lose 22 lbs.? Keep up the good work. ;) It would be so cool if we could all meet one day.

Terri, so sorry about Brandon's teacher. That is so sad. Give Brittany a hug for me. Mom seems to be doing well. She sounds like one tough cookie. :strong:

Sandy, I'm ready to give it another go. Let's start tomorrow. With my busy schedule I can't get to a meeting. I'm thinking of doing it online.

Dianne, Happy Birthday to Willie. :balloons: :woo: Hope the party was a blast.

My wrist is much better. Some days I feel some pain, when I do too much.

I have to get ready to go food shopping.

Have a great day my friends.

Love you all!
Es

Zoe,
Congrats on the 3 pounds. That is awesome. :bravo:

Jen,
Happy Anniversary to Jess and Michael. I am sure you and the boys had a good time.

Es,
I am so happy that your wrist is healing well. We worry about you.

We are going to go and see Brooks and Dunn and Big and Rich in Birmingham next Thursday. Can't wait.

I love Big and Rich.

TTYL,
Terri

I want to see if I can put a picture of my family up.
This is at Christmas last year.
Terri

I made a mistake

Jenny523
08-16-2005, 07:38 PM
C'mon, Terri, now you're teasing us! :lol: Can't wait to see the photo of your family. The kids have grown so much since we "met".

Due to getting out of work late today, I didn't make my meeting. Now I don't want to attend any other leader's meeting other than my own...which means that I'll go on Saturday morning. Thank goodness she does more than one day at the center! :crossed: for my 20 lb. mark. I should make it.

Dianne,
how was Willie's party?

Hope all is well with everyone,
~Jen

Rios426
08-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Hello my friends:wave:

Terri, I hope we can get to see the picture. Please please please try.

Jen, your WI day is Tuesday? I would like to go Saturdays but then I have to get up too early on my day off. Have you tried the WW carrot cake? OMG it is so good! :T

Dianne, we're dying to hear about Willie's bash. Stop in & let us know how it went.

I will be back manana.

Luv u's,
Es

Rios426
08-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Where are all my friends?

The weekend is here & I'm planning to focus on WW & start some light workouts. I'm going to plan a weeks menu. It's getting harder doing it day by day. Planning ahead should work.

Jen, hope your weigh in goes well.

Terri, let's see the picture. I don't know how to do that. I am not a computer savvy person. :nono:

I went to the Dr. yesterday. He said it'll take another 8 weeks for my wrist to heal. It's still swollen but he said that's normal. He also suggested putting vitamin e right on the scar.

Just wanted to stop in & say hi. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Es

Jenny523
08-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Today was a huge milestone for me.....I reached my 10% ! :dancer:
And my 25 pound magnet at the same time! :cb:
I knew I'd have a loss, but was very happy to have it be 6.8 pounds, which brought me to both of those milestones.
Yep...I'm embarrassed to say I began at 251 pounds :eek: but am tickled pink to say I'm now at 225.
So...the journey continues; right now I feel I can do anything! My goal is to reach "onderland" by Thanksgiving. I haven't been under 200 pounds since 2000.

Es,
The only way I can lose is to plan, you are so right. If I don't do that, and journal, I don't lose. Good luck!

HI :wave: to everyone!
~Jen
(who is on :cloud9: )

Zoe
08-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Hello my buds! :wave:

Been rushing around today, have a wedding to go to tonight and some things to get done before that. I just got in from WW and can you believe, I lost 3 lbs AGAIN this week!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: I'm shocked!! That's 2 weeks in a row that I lost 3lbs. Amazing. I also got my 25 lb magnet today. Like Jen, I'm walking on :cloud9: Oh, and now I have to go down in my points allowance by 2. Kinda sad and happy at the same time. :lol:

Jen ~ :cb: :flow1: :cb: Way to go!!!!!!! You are doing so great. Keep up the good work. I was so shocked today cuz I figured that, if I stayed on track, I'd probably get my 25 lb magnet next week.....so when I got it today, I was floored. Feels great, doesn't it?? :D

Es ~ Sorry that it's going to take that many more weeks but I hope that you're feeling ok. And I'm rooting for ya on the weekly planning. I do that. Most of the time, I just try to eat only half of my daily points before dinner. Whatever I have during my work day, I make sure that I have half left for dinner. This allows me to have a nice dinner and a snack later. There are times, like on Friday or Saturday nights, I use 3 or 4 points for a glass of wine. It's never a problem since I have so many points left by dinner time. Good luck, we know you can do it!

Dianne ~ come chat with us about the birthday bash. Can't wait to hear about it.

Terri ~ how's that photo coming along? :)

Hi to everyone. Gotta run, wrap a gift, finish a card and picture frame. Have a wonderful weekend you's guys.

Me <><
(only 24 lbs to go till goal!!)

Rios426
08-21-2005, 07:32 AM
Jen & Zoe!!!!!!!!!!! You go girls! Woohoo! :jig: :cb: :bravo: :cp: :dance: :dancer: :cheer: Please share some tips. Since I'm having such a hard time I need to hear what motivates you & your menus. I would love to lose 10 lbs. before I go to Florida.

Jen, you once said you eat pretty much the same thing everyday. Like what? I blow it every evening.

Zoe, how tall are you? I'm up to 200:yikes: & my goal is 150. It's funny cause no matter how much I struggle I won't give up. :nono:

Dianne is everything okay?

Hi Terri & Britt:wave:

Luv u's!
Es

Jenny523
08-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Es,
I make sure I have a treat every evening..ff pudding, 2 Oreos, or a 2 point ice cream treat. I will never go without my dessert!
We've been having chicken quite often, as I don't eat seafood, well, except shrimp, which is awesome (and quick!) on the grill. I'm happy with a small grilled burger, or a small Italian beef sandwich....then I don't feel I'm missing out on anything. For me, it's all about portion control. I'm learning to drink water or fill up with veggies instead of huge or second helpings of favorite foods. Plus...I'm not getting any younger...don't need to eat like a horse!
Lots of veggies, yogurt, water. I usually have a Lean Cuisine or WW Smart Ones for lunch. It's easy and portion controlled.

It's amazing, isn't it, how long it takes for our bodies to fully recover from a surgery? I know it can be frustrating. When I had the surgery on my foot, my dr. said it could be swollen for a year! Hang in there, it will be better.

HI :wave: to everyone.

~Jen

Jenny523
08-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Zoe!!!!! :cp: :cp: Awesome job! :cb:
And...having to go down to the next point range is actually a good thing when you think about it. Means you're smaller and need less!
I realized today that after I lose the next pound, I'll be changing also.
I'm very happy for your success...keep it up!
~Jen

Zoe
08-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Es, I think the trick is in how you think about it. I mean, I've been in the "struggle" stage many times but then, I've been in the "doin' great" stage often too. I know this doesn't sound very positive but for me, struggling through the first 3 or 4 weeks puts me in the "doin' great" state like I'm in now. Like Jen, I ALWAYS save points for dessert. Many nights I have one of those 1 pt WW giant fudge bars. I leave it out to soften, take the stick out and put 2 or 3 tablespoons of fat free cool whip in it and mix/whip it up. It takes like a rich chocolate mousse for only 2 pts. Now that I can only have 22 pts, it may not happen as often but sometimes, when I have 5 pts left at night, I'll have 1 packet of swoops. Do you know what they are? Chocolate in the shape of a potato chip. There are 5 in a carton and they are 1 pt each. I eat them/suck on them sloooooooowly. Now that I only have 22 pts, we'll see how often I get to have that. :) Like I said before, my main target is to have half my points left when dinner time comes. Until this week, that was having 12 for breakfast, lunch and snack and the other 12 for dinner and dessert. Now it's 11. Gee, saying it like that doesn't sound so bad, huh? :lol: Good luck, you can do it. If you want to know some of my menu's, just ask. Oh, and I'm 5'7". I started at 200. I was 199.8 when I started (this time :rolleyes: ) When I'm 150, I wear a size 10 ~ some 8's but mostly 10. Right now, I'm 174 and wear mostly 12's, a few 14's still. How tall are you?

Jen ~ I'll get you'll be changing your point range on your next weigh day. It's exciting, isn't it...... :D How tall are you? Do you have a goal weight yet?

Hi to the rest of you's...

Me <><

Jenny523
08-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Zoe,
My regular leader was on vacation Saturday when I reached my 10%...so I think this week we'll set my goal weight. I'm 5'5", and I think I read that my range is 120 to 150.
You're right, it is exciting! Having a loss is sooo motivating...I'm beginning to understand just a teensy bit the phrase "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"...mind you, I've a long way to go, but have already had some major victories over food cravings by thinking about how much better I feel at this lower weight.

Have to run to work...have a great day, everyone!
~Jen

Rios426
08-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Jen, thanks for the tips. Every little bit helps. Carrying all this weight around feels very uncomfortable. I really can't take it anymore. I know you're on :cloud9: :bravo:

Zoe, at least there were a few times you were successful. I never was. Now it's more about health for me than looking good. You're doing great. ;) BTW I'm 5' 2". I tried those big fudge bars but they were from Skinny Cows. Very satisfying for 2 pts. I've been dying to try the swoops but I'm afraid I'll like them too much. Thanks for your support & ideas. I couldn't do it without you all. :grouphug:

Have a nice evening everybody:wave:

Hugs,
Es

Sandancy
08-23-2005, 07:59 AM
Hi Buddies, :wave:

Sorry to go missing so much. Greg had all 4 of his wisdom teeth out last week and I was job interviewing and working too. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately, but things are calming down again.

Jen and Zoe, :cheer: :dancer: :cheer: the two of you are doing so great, I love to see your posts, they are positively inspiring.

I am gradually feeling my click come back. I still am staying in the same 2 lb up and down range, so I still have 52 lbs to lose. I am like you Es, barely 5'3" which I will claim so that I don't have to go below 140. The past few days I have been choosing more of the core foods again. With Mike at home and insisting on helping with the shopping, we are having some foods that I do not usually keep in the house. He is so sweet I can't quite figure out how to handle it yet.

Dianne, we miss you and want to hear about Willie's big bash, hope all is well

Terri, I would love to see that pic of your family.

Hi to all the other MIA's like me, we can comeback!

Hugs,
Sandy

Hi Guys,
It says the picture is too big to post. :( That makes me sad.
Bruce sent all of our digital pics to the pc. They were on his mac.
I want to send it bit don't know what to do.

CONGRATS to Jen and Zoe. 25 pounds. Woo Hoo!!!! :dancer: :cb:
That is really great! Keep it up. Never get discouraged.

Es,
I am sorry it will take a little longer. By Christmas it will be a distant memory. I hope.

Sandy,
I hope Greg feels better. That sounds so painful. Neither Brice nor I ever got our Wisdom teeth. Good luck on the job hunt.

I hope everyone is doing well. My mom is coming along. She is getting movement, even in her fingers. They say they are the last to come back.
Shje doesn't like to think about becoming dependent after all these years. She is working hard. That would be so hard to feel out of control.
Britts started school this week. :( So today she works from 9:00-4:00 and goes to school from 4:30- 9:45. There is a 1.5 hr. break in between classes. Thursday we are going to go see Brooks and Dunn and Big and Rich. They play "Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy." We love them.

TTYL,
Terri

dpadro
08-23-2005, 02:13 PM
Hello my buddies! Sorry I've been MIA, but things have been hectic.

Willie's party was great, we all had a wonderful time. Unfortunately, I must have already been getting sick that night, as I didn't eat a thing at the party and all I did was drink water all night. I chalked that up to being hostess and too busy to eat, etc., but the next day I was sick. I had off until this past Thursday but was so sick I couldn't return to work. I went to the doctor and found out I have pharengitis (infection - throat) and rhinitis (kind of like sinusitis). Anyway, I've been taking antibiotics and today's my first day back at work, although I still feel lousy. But, the party went really well, lots of dancing and speech making. For once, all of our kids were at the same place at the same time and so we got a nice photo of them with willie. Being so busy, though, I forgot entirely that I wanted to take a picture of him, me, all the kids and grandkids, oh well.

My son Steven came in from Florida and he picked up his kids and they spent most of the week with us and even though I wasn't feeling well I went on outings with them. We went bowling, to an amusement park and on Wednesday night Steven took us all out to a nice restaurant. He took them back to Philly and left for Florida on Thursday.

Jen and ZoeGirl - WOW!! You guys are doing amazing, big congrats on the 25 lbs. and 10% :bravo: :cheers: that is so wonderful :cp: :dance: Jen, it seems like it wasn't so long ago when you were really down about the weight and your problems with your knees and look at you now! I'm so thrilled for both of you!!!

Es, amiga (you hot tomato you, :lol: ) - I hope the swelling goes down sooner then the doctor predicted. I give congrats to you too, no matter what you face, you never quit! That's a major accomplishment and one you should be proud of. You will do this, mi amiga! :strong:

Sandy, sorry to hear about Greg's tooth, sounds painful. Have your son's started High School/College yet? How is your mom doing?

Terri - I wish we were able to see that photo. Britts sounds like she has a rough schedule with work and school so late. Please give her my congrats on starting college. Alana starts Grad School next Monday - I can't believe I'm saying that :lol: Her school is like 3 blocks from the house - how :cool: is that? She still has to drive though, cause there are so many buildings on campus so her classes will be far apart from each other. I'm so proud of her!

Well, as far as the weight loss is going for me - it isn't. But once I'm feeling better, I will get back on track. I know how to do this and certainly have done it before - I can do it again, I have no doubt. Okay........... here it comes........ get ready for it............ "life gets in the way sometimes" and it has been in my way for a few weeks now :lol:

Okay, gotta get back to work - so good to come back in and chat with you guys. Will talk to you's soon.

Hi to everyone I haven't mentioned. I'm not sure who all is still with us.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/tulip-bar/slider-but2/lb/160/135/145/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Jenny523
08-25-2005, 06:24 PM
Dianne,
Glad to hear that Willie's party was a success. How nice to have everyone together! Kudos to Alana for going to grad school...what is she studying, I've forgotten? You really had a fun-filled vist with your son. Hope you're feeling better after being ill.

Terri,
Can you go back on the picture and resize it smaller? That usually works for me. Britts really has a full day, with work and school! Good for her, it builds character...not that she needs it, but my Joey did the same thing, and it worked out well. Do you still use Netflix? We just subscribed and I love it! So easy and we always have a movie to watch when there's junk on tv. Hope you have fun tonight.

Es,
Hang in there. It will happen, I believe that. None of us are ever out of the woods, we all struggle every day.

I've had a good week so far...but snuck a peek at the scale this a.m. and it showed a 2 lb. gain. I'm not doing that again! Will wait to see what Saturday brings.

HI :wave: to everyone
~Jen

Rios426
08-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Hi:wave:

Jen, about the scale, I did that all the time & when I saw a gain I wouldn't go. Silly right? Are you doing online too?

Mi Amiga, sorry you weren't feeling well. :( That must be going around. 2 of my coworkers had something like what you had. Is it contagious? Glad to hear Willie's party was a turnout.

Terri, I am so proud of Britt. But, she must be so tired. :( I hope someday we can see those pictures. I wouldn't know how to do it either.

I don't have plans for this weekend. Labor Day weekend I'll probably stay home. I'll barbecue if the weather is nice.

How about that hurricane Katrina! :yikes: I have to call my nephew & see if they got some of it. He lives in Orlando.

I hope everybody is enjoying the weekend.

Love you guys:grouphug:
Es

Jenny523
08-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Well, I did, in fact, have a gain this week: .8 pounds.
I will have to pay more attention to my sodium, and I didn't eat a variety of veggies and fruits. On the plus side...went shopping today and tried on some clothes. I was able to fit into a 20, which is 2 sizes smaller than what I've been wearing! :cb:
That was a major motivator, since I've been so disgusted with the way I look lately.
Sooo, since I felt so good, I bought two pairs of capris and a shirt :lol: It was all on clearance, too, so I didn't spend alot of $$ on things that will be good for only one season!

Es,
I cannot give up this time, it's my last chance. If I don't lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle now, I hate to think what will happen.
There will be times when "life gets in the way" (@ DIANNE) but for the most part, it is becoming less difficult. I realize now that I was using too many excuses/event/occasions to go overboard. I can still enjoy myself without overindulging.
Today's meeting was about attempting something that you once thought to be impossible. After working at it, it becomes difficult, and you're making progress. It was a good meeting. And no, I'm not doing online. I figure WW gets enough of my $ every week as it is! :lol:

:wave: to Terri, Dianne, Zoe, Sandy, Ruth, LeeAnn, LJ

~Jen

Rios426
08-28-2005, 07:28 AM
Jen WTG!!!! 2 sizes!! That is awesome girl! :cp: :bravo: I'm up to a size 18 & I have to get down to at least 12 but would love to be a 10. Have you seen the new WW commercial? Everybody is talking about it. I haven't seen it yet. Whatever you're doing keep doing. ;)

Talked to the Dr. the other day & he wants me to go for pain management. I'll see. I have to look it up to see what it is.

My sister is treating us to the chinese buffet. She goes twice a week & she's thin! I don't want to go but I feel bad saying no. I'll make good choices.

Have a great day my friends;wave:
Es

Jenny523
08-30-2005, 06:21 AM
See you on #175!!!