Support Groups - Weighty Issues #29

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #29

PhotogirlTX
07-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Welcome to the July edition of our Weighty Issues thread. We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life (try saying that 3X fast! ) , spread out across the U.S. from the east coast to the west. We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, come on in, grab chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.

PhotogirlTX
07-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Happy Fourth to everyone... a day late! :-) It feels like a Monday.

I had a nice weekend with my girls. We spent most of it together, hanging out by the pool or cleaning our apartment! :-) Sunday, they went to spend the evening and night with their dad, the first time since sometime in May. He isn't doing well at all, and I had to plead for him to keep them. They really need to spend some time with him, even if he isn't feeling well. At the rate things are going for him, he needs to be spending all the time he can spare with them. Things are not looking good at all.

I went out with Alan and some of his friends Sunday night to the final hours of a dog show they were having here, and then we went to dinner and saw the movie, War of the Worlds. I didn't like the movie. It was very intense, and I just don't like feeling like that for two hours straight. I'll stick with the cheesy si-fi version they made back in the '50s. It didn't help much that night, we had a really nasty storm here, winds up to 90 miles an hour, lightning and thunder, and then the rain came. All night long I was up. Concerned about the girls, hoping they were not too scared, and just still keyed up from watching the movie. :-)

Yesterday, I got the girls back and we had a really relaxing afternoon. Last night, we ended up going to the local college to watch the fireworks display. Alan met me out there, and considering what has been going on this past week, this was a really major step for him regarding the kids and I. I've had a pretty emotional week where he has been concerned, growing pains I guess, but he did make the effort to come out with me and the girls last night, so I am happy about that.

This past month was a hectic one. Work, Alan, my ex's health, the girls and them being in Texas, more work, and me slowly getting depressed again. Just a number of things, but I am working on it.

I think the girls and I are going to move here in the next month. That has been weighing heavily on my mind. I'll be moving away from Alan, and the girls dad, but it's not like I am moving across the state. Right now, I have about a 45 minute commute to work every day. My work has offered to help me relocate so I would be here closer, and I am considering taking them up on that. Lots of pros and cons regarding the move and staying where I currently am. But after weighing the options, I think moving will be the better choice. That does mean totally relocating, finding a new home, new schools and daycare for the girls, getting to know a new area... but it will get me out of a third story apartment into a duplex or something that has the potiental of feeling more like a home. The major drawback is we will be losing access to a swimming pool, and that is something we use EVERY DAY.

OK.. well, work is calling me again.... I am going to make an effort to get in here everyday. I have to get over my depressive tendencies and quit hiding my head. I do have alot on my plate, but I will make it here!

Talk to you all later.. hope you don't mind me starting the July thread! Talk soon!

cherie

jbbm
07-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Oh Cherie, you do have a lot on your plate right now. I wish I could just give you a big hug and tell you everything will work out. I am sorry your ex is not doing well with his health. It must be hard on the girls and you. That commute must be draining everyday. I did not know you drove that long to work. You are correct, there are pros and cons about everything. I am sure you come to the right choice. You are a very strong woman....and that quality you have will get you through this tough time you are going through. Keep your chin up sweetheart. I am glad you and Alan and the girls got together. Thanks for starting the new thread!! Hugs girl and anything we can do just ask. Don't worry about bringing us down or anything like that, we want to be able to vent your frustrations and whatever you are feeling, that is what friends are for.

Noelle, glad you had a great time at the bike rally. Sounds like fun, how cool about the hat!!

Angie, I am happy you and Cal got to meet. You are right we all have to get together someday. It would be a blast. Like sister who never met before ;).

Dips glad you had a nice 4th.

Kempy and Cal I hope your holiday was special too.

We watched fireworks in the neighborhood, lit some off in the front yard and I ate like a pig all weekend. To top it off dd got up and was soaked at 3 am. Oh well little accidents happen. And now ds has a rash over his body. He had the chicken pox shot so I don't know if it is just an allergic reaction or what. I might try some calamine lotion, I really don't want to bring him in if it is nothing because they have physicals this week. Never stops :dizzy:. Oh well end of rant about that. Everyone have a good Tuesday. Feels like Monday!! Check back later on.

PhotogirlTX
07-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks Julie.... I have an appointment to go see a duplex that I like at 4:15. It's close to work, one story, three bedrooms 2 baths (Hannah wants her own room so bad, even though Megan doesn't) one car garage. Small back yard, but only 2 years old, so it should be relatively nice. It's $85 dollars more a month than what I am spending now, and I would be adding an extra utility (gas) but I think I will save enough on my commute and I am supposed to be getting a raise this week (I am still waiting to get the spreadsheet to get the increases in by next payroll), keep your fingers crossed on that one! Now if I can only qualify for it. My credit has been shot to **** these past three years since Steven got cancer and quit working. There was no way I could keep up with all our bills from our marriage. So, I've kept my American Express up to date, I've got great rental and work history. I hope that gets me there.

I never told you all about my trip to Indianapolis. It was great.. I had a wonderful time, but the actual race sucked. Only 3 of the 10 teams (6 of 20 cars) actually raced on that Sunday. It was due to a tire failure on Michelin's side, totally sucked.. but it made me want to go back. You can go see a few pictures of the cars (none of me, I was taking some of the pictures) here at Alan's site: www.alanchavis.com/motorsports scroll down to where you see his entry on the United States Grand Prix.

Angie.. that is so great you got to meet Cal. I would love to meet you guys in person... you have given me so much support, true friend for sure.

Julie.. I hope your kiddo is feeling better today. And awww about DD.. accidents suck... I am sure she will do better tonight. Poor thing. With mom's hugs, I hope she feels better too!

OK.. well, I need to get busy and do some more work. I've been getting distracted... nothing new! :-) Talk to you all soon!

Cherie

Kempyd
07-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Hey guys. I am still tryign to recover from this weekend. I took Noelle's advice and lived it up all weekend long. Be it food or drink or fun. We had a blast though. They threw me a surprise dinner Friday night. I had no idea at all. I used to say that I never thought that I would like to have a surprise party but I had a great time. I really think that this was the best b-day that I have ever had. We went down the river Sat. & Sun. and Joe and I were so sore from riding in the boat all day that yesterday we stayed on the sofa pretty much all day. I feel like I had an all over body workout. Of course I ate so much that I counteracted whatever good the boat ride did. :D

Angie it is good to hear that you had a good b-day too. Your family always does fun stuff for each other. I still think about what you did to your moms car last year. I think that is so cool that you got to meet Cal. I swear b4 too long she will have traveled to meet all of us. She seems to be the one to get out more than I do. I am so glad that your shop did good. I know that you will do great there. Whatever happened with the funeral home? (god that still sounds funny)

Julie it seems like nothing is illegal down here. I think if they said that we couldn't shoot fireworks poeple would shoot their shotguns. I know it is stupid but we are in the south and some of these poeple are crazy. We saws some fireworks out of our window last night and those poeple must have sent a ton of money b/c they were the good ones.

Cherie I know that things will work out for you. You are such a great person and good things come to good people. I think sometimes we just get everything thrown at us at once. Do you really think that moving will put a strain on you and Alan? You guys have been together for a long time.

Noelle I am the same way with my camera. I will have it in the car for no reason at all but the first day that I take it out I need it. It sounds like it was a pretty cool day. Did Michael enjoy himself too?

Dips I love having July 1st as a b-day. It feels like everyone is celebrating for me. A girl at work's duaghter was born on July 4th too. What a good month. Are you guys still hot up there? We are just waiting on the rain from TS Cindy right now. It moved a little to the east so I don't think we will get the weather that they thought we would.

I wanted to know if I could get all of your b-day's. If you don't want to post them you can PM me with it. I want to make a non dated calander for all of our family and friends. If it isn't dated I can just carry it over each year. I am tired of not remembering until the last minute. Ok, one of my fav. shows is on. I'll check back later.

melekalikimaka
07-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Hey girls, just checking in. Our 4th of July was pretty tame. We didn't drive out and see any shows or displays but we did burn a few of our own. Michael had a karate class despite the holiday since in 2 weeks the white belts will be testing for their next level. I don't know if he's ready yet, but there's still 4 more classes to get a handle on what's needed to pass.

Cherie, nice to have you back! Sorry the races sucked for ya but you had a great time right? I'm crossing my fingers for you on getting that duplex you want :crossed: andc that raise you deserve! I'm w/Julie on giving you hugs and a shoulder to cry on or lean on...wish we all lived closer so we could have built in sitters for those needed nights out. I know everything will work according to plan. :grouphug:

Kempy, how ya hangin' from your b-day weekend? I know i could've used an extra day to sleep :lol: How do your dogs do w/the fireworks and stuff? My mom's dog is such a freak, she shivers and shakes if you even clap your hands loud. She was a nervous wreck last night. My pup on the other hand was a champ, not even a flinch when the smoke and noise started.

Dips, you sound like you had a great time with your family. Your family numbers sound like our get togethers. The more the merrier, eh? But nice to get away and have some peace and quiet too.

Cal, hope you're enjoying your vacation. Doesn't Alberto's nephew come in soon? Drive and travel safe.

Hi to Angie and everyone...gotta run for now, dinner's starting to smoke on the stove :fire:

Kempyd
07-06-2005, 11:04 AM
Well, it is the morning after the storm and of course it is beautiful outisde. We really didn't get much in the way of wind last night but it rained a good bit. Right now it is bright blue skies and it is nice and breezy. I bet thought by 12 it will be hot as heck again. Plus, the humidity will be back with all of this water around. Now we just have to look out for Denise. They think that will be next Monday but I have no idea exactly where it is going.

Noelle the dogs don't mind the fireworks. Afterall they are hunting dogs so they hear the gun fire a good bit.

I really should be celaning the house today but I wanted to let you guys know that we are all safe and sound.

I hope to see all of us post today. I'll be back later to chat more.

PhotogirlTX
07-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Good Morning...

Kempy.. I am glad to hear you are OK from that storm.. I was watching it a little. Isn't there another one coming that way? Or is it on it's way to Florida? Your birthday weekend sounds like a great weekend. Glad you had a great time... as for my birthday.. I will turn 38 this month on the 23rd. I can't believe another year has gone by so quickly. Tomorrow I will be at this new job for a year now... guess I can't say it's new anymore can I?

Noelle.. thanks... I wish we all lived closer too. I need girls friends to hang out with.

Well, I am still waiting to hear about my application I turned in yesterday. He said I should know something by noon on Friday. The waiting is stressing me out... I'm still not sure if I am doing the right thing, mainly stressed I guess that I won't have enough to cover the relocation. My company is giving me $1500 however, 400 of that is going for the deposit, and to get people to move me from my 3rd floor apartment from OKC to Norman is going to cost an arm and a leg... and I will have gas and water deposits too, and new daycare costs AND.. I realized, I am going to have to find a used fridge because the duplex doesn't come with one... so all that is stressing me out, not to mention knowing I will have to do all the school stuff for the girls all over again, and that is going to take time... so.. I am worrying and stressing and I get really emotional.. so I am not doing too good today. I know it will be FINE once it is all over with, but its that time in the middle that always gets me.

OK.. well, I am going to go finish up my journal entries.... then I have to bug my HR director to see when I will get the salary increases, then I'll start working on payroll that I have to run on Tuesday... and then.. and then and then :D

talk soon.... Cherie

jbbm
07-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Hi Girls

Kempy glad you are all right. Enjoy those blue skies. Right now it is cool here but later this week we are going to be hot and humid. That is awesome about the surprise party. I am glad it was your best birthday ever. My day is on the 12th of September. The big thirty!! For my kids birthday when I was in a party store doing some shopping I saw some really funny gifts for my mom I might have to pick up for her 50th birthday this fall. Among them were a bra that had the number 50 on each cup and the bra cups hung like a pair of socks. I am going to have to go back there,LOL.

Cherie, you poor thing. Your little mind must be working on over time non-stop. Hang in there. Your girls will adjust with the new school. It is easier on them when they are younger. More easy with change when they are young. You know me, I am a constant worrier, I mean bad. So when I feel myself getting worked up I think back to a saying I read...."Worry is like a rocking chair, it will give you something to do, but will not get you anywhere."
You are soooo right once it is over everything will calm down and be just fine.

Noelle, Angie, Dips, and Cal all of you have a great day. I am going to go try and get some cleaning done too. I am making a promise to myself and I want you guys to hold me to it!! I do not want to snack after dinner anymore. That is when I totally lose it. Last night I made a huge pan of homemade lasanga and green beans. So I was full, BUT then I made a little pan of pineapple crisp with a tiny scoop of ice cream. I had such bad heartburn before bed I was feeling yuck. You know the yuck when you drink too much and say I am never going to do that again :lol:?? Okay I will check later.

angieME
07-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Hey guys. I just wanted to check in...this is the first chance I havent been working today so I wanted to say hi before I go to bed. This week at the bakery has been just as busy as this weekend so that is good but on the other hand I havent had a day off from work for 2 weeks so I am very tired. :lol: But the money is helping alot since my washer decided to die on me this week. haha

I am dreading tomorrow because I have to make 20 pies again. :yikes: I hope I can find the time to get the pastries done. I have a cake on order that I did tonight and tomorrow I have to do another one.

Well, I am off to bed but I wanted to say hi. I will try to do individual posts tomorrow

Cherie, I am thinking of you. Good luck with your apartment.

Kempyd
07-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Hey guys. Off to work but I wanted to bump us up. I'll be back later today.

jbbm
07-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Good Morning Kempy and to all, thanks for bumping us up. Check back later.

PhotogirlTX
07-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Good Morning....

Angie... You sound so busy.. good luck with those pies today! Wow..

I'm doing ok... which is not as good as OK. Still stressed, still don't know about the duplex and things got a little worse yesterday, after talking to my ex.

He went to his cancer doctor on Tuesday. He has been through some really bad pain in his hip, not able to walk very well, using a cane. Well, from the MRI he had, he has a tumor growing in his hip bone... and the tumor on his spine is back, and growing again, back up to the size of a quarter. They can do radiation on his hip, to help with the pain, however, they can't do anything more for his spine. He has had his limit of radiation for that part of his body. He has said that he isn't going to go through the pain he went through when the tumor on his spine first started growing, and that he wasn't going to go through what his mom went through either... I am so sad... the doctors have pretty much said there is nothing more we can do. Here take these drugs to help with the pain. That's it. So my kids are going to be left without a father. Honestly, if he is around at Christmas, they will be very very lucky.

So.... I'll be here .. right now, I am just trying not to get swallowed up by the depression that I am feeling ..... Sorry guys... I hate feeling this whiny.

I'll check back in later.

Cherie

jbbm
07-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Oh Cherie, I am crying right now with ya after reading your post. I am so sorry and sad for you and the girls. I can't imagine the feelings you are having right now. We can be here for some support for you during this difficult time. Please don't feel like you are being whiny, you are not. If talking about it helps you, that is what you should do. I will say some prayers for your family. Remember you are a strong woman and your girls are so lucky to have a wonderful caring mother like you. Hang in there sweetheart.

Angie you are so busy right now. I am happy for you, but I hope you don't to overwhelmed. Wow. 20 pies. Hope you pick out a nice new washer. I would love one of those ones that hold like a king size comforter. Just to do bigger loads, you know??

Have a great day everyone. Hi also to Noelle, Kempy, Dips and Cal.
Check back later on.

melekalikimaka
07-07-2005, 06:15 PM
:grouphug: Cherie, that is just terrible news. I am so sorry. We are here if you need to talk, PM or email or whatever. Just know that you are definitely not being whiny. I can only imagine the feelings you are going through. Ex or not, you have a history together and 2 beautiful girls" . You have so much on your plate right now, but as you've shown us before you are a strong woman and a great mother. You will get through this. Hang in there and just know that we are thinking of you and sending prayers for strength and healing for everyone.

Hey Angie, don't wear yourself out if you can help it. Is it the season? Because I'm needing a new washing machine too... ;) So did you make it through the pies and cakes yet? :hun: I'm getting hungry

Hi to Julie, Kempy, Dips and everyone...gotta get back to work for now.

Kempyd
07-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Julie you are so great!!! Can you inmagine my surprise when I opened the door to some flowers. Much less the fact that you got the from the place I used to work.That is just so cool. What is funny too is that I needed one more Daylilly for my flowerbed. I hear that you talked to Melba (the lady at the shop) about Green Bay. That's funny.

Kempyd
07-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Cherie I can't tell you enough that we all love you and we are here if and when you need to talk. Afterall we are a support group. We say so at the begining of each thread that we start. I know how hard it is to deal with someone close having cancer. I was still pretty young when dad found out that he had it. I was only 10. I wish I could fly over there and just have a good cry with you. Sometimes that is all that will help. You are a strong woman though and I know that you will be able to do whatever is right. :grouphug:

Angie did you back yourself into one of your pies? :D What did Jay get you for your b-day? I meant to ask you that the other day. I am still waiting on my in-laws and my brothers gift. I swear this family kills me. Don't let me forget about theirs. Heaven forbid.

Noelle what is on the list of things to do this weekend? We are waiting to see what Denise is going to do. This is the only thing I hate about living down here.

Dips are you still trying to recover?

jbbm
07-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Kempy I JUST couldn't wait for you to come on tonight and post!! I just about fell on the floor when Melba said she knew you, first of all I looked up your town and picked out a plant place on AOL yellow pages and it happened to be one of your old employers!! I was shocked. Melba and I talked for a long time about Brett and the Packers and brats and cheese!! It was so funny. Sorry it was belated but I am glad you like it. What a small world :lol:.

Hi to all the girls out there.

jbbm
07-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Good Night Girls....I wish you all a nice Friday.

Cherie, I am thinking of you and praying for you. Hugs

angieME
07-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Julie, Thank you so much for the candle. I love it!!! You are such a great friend.
I have to get to work because we couldnt get people out of the bakery today so we could close and we have lots of donuts on order for tonight but I wanted to say thank you.

I will try to post tonight if I can

Kempyd
07-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Angie you rock too!!! That is so nice of you girl. I love all of the stuff from Maine.

We are getting ready for Dennis. I just wish the weather channel would pick a local so that we can get ready if we need to. I mean board the windows and all. Joe got all the necessary stuff, beer and brownies. :lol: We have plenty of food though.

I don't have time to chat b/c I have to go clean an appartment for my mom. I'll check back in leter.

jbbm
07-08-2005, 03:36 PM
Angie you are so welcome....you guys are my close friends and love to you all. That store from the website looks very nice. Light it when you get time to relax and enjoy. Sorry your gift was also belated.

PhotogirlTX
07-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Oh Julie.... (((((((((HUGS)))))))))) I am so sorry. I don't know what to say... You and your son are in my prayers.. and he will grow up and be a great person.. he already is. You being his mom is the best thing in his life because you really love him and really care about him.. He will be fine. I am so sorry for how your doctor treated it. I'm thinking about you!

Kempy.. I hope you stay safe this weekend and that the hurricane misses you. Be careful and take care.. I'll be watching the weather.

Angie, don't work too hard tonight.. Hope you get all your pies baked.

Noelle.. thanks... Why can't we all just live close so we can just hang out?? :D

Well... this is the first time I've had a chance to get online today. I got my annual raise today, and well, I was dissapointed. It was a 3.5% raise, and yes, 85% of the people got a 3%, but then there others who got alot more... so I was just expecting more, you know. Oh well.. suck it up. I FINALLY got my answer on my duplex, and everything is a go.. so on August 5th, the girls and I will be moving. Still having mixed feelings, but I'm committed now, no turning back. I just have to find a fridge now, a cheap one, in view of my not so big raise.

I had lunch with Alan... that was nice.. but I haven't had a chance to talk to him about the move. He doesn't know its final now. Not that he will care. Yeah.. I'm whining.. sorry. :-)

No word from Steven today about his radiation treatment.. I called and left a message.. maybe he will call. I also asked him to keep the girls on Sunday.. but that probably won't happen. Besides, Hannah wants to spend it with me... little does she know how bad her dad's health is ... how do you tell a 7 yr old their dad is dying.. I mean, she knows some about the cancer.. but she really doesn't know.. you know?

OK.. well, I guess I better get off here... I'll talk to you soon....

Hugs,
Cherie

PhotogirlTX
07-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Julie.. how are you feeling today?? I've been thinking about you all day.

My weekend was pretty uneventful. I saw Alan late Friday night... he spent the night, but was up and gone by 8:00 AM before the girls got up.

We spent the weekend at the pool, the girls and I. Hannah came down with a fever Saturday night.. so she didn't feel very well yesterday either. I am hoping she is fine today. She woke up feeling fine and with no fever, so keep your fingers crossed.

Steven finally called last night to talk to the girls. He isn't feeling well, and he won't be keeping the girls any time soon. I feel really sorry for him and what he is going through, but I am selfish wishing that he could keep the girls every now and then.

Other than the pool.. nothing else exciting happened to us. It was a nice relaxing weekend.

Tomorrow payroll runs, so I better get busy now and finish everything up. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Talk to you guys soon!

Cherie

Kempyd
07-11-2005, 02:58 PM
We are all safe over here after Dennis. We didn't even get any rain. The wind blew a good bit but it just made it really nice outside. My brother and his wife stopped by with my really late b-day present. They bought me a few really nice bottles of wine. My sister got my a big wine rack so these helped to fill it up. It wont be full for long. I love wine! We went to a pool party for adults Saturday night. It was so much fun. I never really thought I would have had such a good time but we stayed there until around 2:30AM.

Cherie Julie is right you should not feel selfish. You need some time too. I mean you are only human and you need time to do adults things on your own. I wish we had a pool to hang out by. Being at the party the other night really made me want a pool. I will settle for my neightbors getting one instead. :D She said that she doens't want one b/c she will be at work and we (Joe, her hubby, and I) will be hangin out by the pool. I told her that I will just keep the clorine moving around in the water. I wouldn't just be hanging out. I don't think she is buying that. :lol:

Julie I still can't believe that doc said that. It may be a struggle for your boy but I think he can do whatever it is that he puts his mind to. I mean the wordl is full of people that have to really work but they do well in life and I know that he will too. I think once you start to tell kids that they are going to struggle they do. At least that is what happened with my nephew. He hard them saying that he wasn't good in school and now he really isn't. Maybe you should get a second opinon. Are you close to the Great Lakes? I bet you could go to the beaches there. I heard those were nice. It would be closer that the East Coast. Of course i love Destin, FL but that is really far from you guys.

I am going to run pay some bills. I hope to see that rest of us, Noelle, Angie and Dips soon. When does CAL get back home?

jbbm
07-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Good Night Girls

I hope everyone had a good Monday. Mondays are Mondays....but tomorrow is closer to Friday. Tonight I got the funniest phone call, I said hello and someone on the other line said "is your mom or dad there". LOL. That happens to me all the time. I must sound like I am 12!! I said "this is the mother of the house". Just to funny. Bye for now girls....

melekalikimaka
07-12-2005, 04:42 AM
Hey girls, just a late night for me. Michael had his karate lesson today and they are gearing up for taking their next level belt exams next week...he had to do push-ups three times for moving around or scratching or fixing his gi when he wasn't supposed to. I swear that boy has ants in his pants (or is just behaving like a six year old :lol: )

Julie, I can't believe that doc said what he said about your boy, I mean, he could've been more tactful about it. What you described was just the behavior of a 6 y.o.--I should know, i have one! But anyway, I totally agree w/Kempy about the labeling thing, kids that age don't know their limitations yet, so why put a ceiling on their development at their age? I know your boy will become whatever he sets his sights on, he's got a very loving family behind him. You don't cry anymore about it. :grouphug: **Hey, that thing on the phone would never happen to me, I guess i sound like an old lady :rolleyes:. One of my co-workers had a wife that was really petite and she had a little girl voice. She was pushing her 2 year old in the shopping cart and the 6 y.o. was walking alongside. When the 2 y.o. had a tantrum some lady walked up to all three of them and asked the girl (the kids' mom), where's your mommy? Like they were all lost in the store w/out their mom :rofl:

Cherie, hope your payroll goes very smoothly and stress free. Sorry to hear about Steven not being able to take the girls to give you a little break, you are not selfish at all. Hope he's able to rally around for everyone's sake. Give those cutie pie girls a hug for me.

Kempy, glad you guys were not that affected by the hurricane. Cool beans about the b-day gifts from sis and brother....speaking of really late, I have yours and Angie's stuff but the post office didn't have those shipping boxes that i wanted. I will bust my butt to get them in the mail tomorrow--I hope to get the stuff to you within the month of july :^: ....

Angie, how ya doing girl?

Dips, you too...

Cal, did you come back from your vacation yet? I can't believe Michael will be back to school next Tuesday already...that much closer to my next vacation though :lol:
Have a good night everyone, I'll try and post more tomorrow--I've got pics of the dog wearing all kinds of outfits :rolleyes:

melekalikimaka
07-12-2005, 04:44 AM
Julie, almost forgot, hold your DH to that vacation plan! Sounds like fun wherever you decide to go....cherries, yum!

jbbm
07-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Good morning girls

Kempy I forgot last night to answer your question, yup we are close to the great lakes. I don't know if you have ever heard of Door County on the travel channel?? Well my sil is renting a cottage on the lake side so we might go there. Would be nice. If you love wine, Door County makes a great cherry wine. It is wonderful. I don't drink wine very much. I really don't know much about it....but I would like to know more!!

Noelle I can't believe Michael starts school already. Wow that time went by fast. That is just too funny about the lady in the store. And I have talked to you before and you do not sound like an old lady. You are a hot mama girl!!

Thanks Noelle and Kempy and everyone about my worries. I am just not going to think about twenty years from now and fear it. You can't live life that way :nono:. I guess just live life :).

Well check back later on.

jbbm
07-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Hi girls just doing a test post....darn power went out and our fire alarms starting sounding. No fire, LOL, just because they run on the electric with battery backups :dizzy:. Okay computer is acting up so I am going to see if this will post. Have a great day everyone.

Kempyd
07-12-2005, 03:40 PM
I just came in from work and I got on the internet to check the rain. I need to cut grass but I didn't want to get started and have it rain when I was halfway through. The salon got bought by one of the girls that works with me and she is starting to redecorate tonight. I told her that I would go back up there later on this evening to help. I think she is going to do really well. I am already much happier b/c she doens't pressure me like the other lady did. And, the weird things is now that I am not under that pressure I am really busy. Weird.

Noelle that sounds weird that they make such young kids do pushups when they move. I guess that is the whole things behind karate. I am sure Michael is having fun though. I don't think he would keep going if he hated it. I can't believe they are starting school so soon. I saw supplies in Wally world the other day. It seems like they just got out.

Julie that is pretty cool that you already have a place to go. Noelle is right, don't let your hubby back out now. You guys need to take a break. I mean you guys live in such a cold place you should enjoy the nice temps for as long as you can.

Speaking of nice temp. I need to head out into the swelting heat to cut the grass. I think the heat index is 110. Don't worry, I have plenty of water and I take lots of breaks. If I can't chat tongiht I will check in in the morning.

melekalikimaka
07-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey girls, just bumping this up and saying good morning :sunny:

My computers are out to get me. The one at home got an overhaul but started to make this weird whirring/clicking noise. I think it's the fan or something but I'm not taking any chances. Bringing that one back to the repair guy.

The work one must've picked up some weird@ss trojan or nasty other little bad quirks that I can't think of the name of, but I can't even get on the net w/out those stupid pop ups and error messages and it's all a pain in the butt. Yesterday I just unplugged the modem so I could get some work done, but that also means i can't get online. So, thru all this rambling, I just really wanted to say hi :wave: Have a great hump day, I'll try and get back here later.

Dips'n'twists
07-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Ciao Babies,

I've been out all week, I know but life is kinda hectic right now. I am enjoying my last few months of peace before I go back to school. But I won't bore you guys with all my blah blah. So...

J- What a week you've been having! I often feel as though I don't hve much to offer in the parenting department because I don't have any kids. What I can tell you is that there are lots of things doctors, teachers and other "experts" will tell yo about your babies and will be wrong. Anything can happen with your child's future and remember that many of our most accomplished citizens have overcome difficult medical conditions. I have faith that your child will excell at whatever he chooses. He's only 6 so give him time to develop. Now fast forward to the present and your computer is acting up. Darn PCs. Well your post made it up here so hopefully you'll be able to continue gracing us with your presence.

Noelle- You Too with the PC Problems!!?? What gives :( I hope it all works out for you. Well at least your kid starts school soon. I would imagine this summer has Talk to you soon, Love.

Kempy- Thank goodness Dennis didn't pound you. I saw some horrible pictures of the damage caused to people's homes. At any rate, please stay hydrated in that heat (110 Dayum!) I'm melting just thinking about it!

It's about 75 degrees out right now so I was thinking that I would go out and get a few pairs of Capris and maybe some new shoes. I can't fit anything anymore. (I'm down to 136 pounds WOO HOO!) The bad thing is, I really can't afford to get a whole new wardrobe. I can't even afford to get my clothes taken in. I guess I could invest in some good safety pins. Anyways, Since Ive been good I'm going to treat myself to something really sweet. I'm thinking apple pie. Anyways, I gotta hit the stores before they get crowded. I'll check back in tonight.

jbbm
07-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Good Morning Girls

Dips you are doing so well. I hope you enjoyed that apple pie, everyone deserves a treat. I am hoping you found some good deals on some clothes. And thank you so much for the kind words. You girls are great.

Kempy that is great about the new owner of the salon. I know she was on your back. I hope those customers keep coming in. Everything seems much better when there less stress in ones life. I use to go to this salon that was so beautiful that had an antique fireplace. They sold painting from a gallery. Great lighting, bright but still soft and relaxing. The had big puffy couches and it had a french kind of feel to it.

Noelle I hope your computer is behaving for you.

Angie, thinking of you. Hoping you are so busy that is why have not popped in ;).

You too, Cherie, I am wishing the best for you. Do you have any plans for your birthday coming up??

Cal are you still vacationing??

Check back later. It has been really hot here. Not complaining though ;).
I am starving right now so I am going to find something to eat in the kitchen. Bye for now....

angieME
07-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Here is the pic of me and Cal. We have Corey,Brit and me and Cal and Ashley. See how damn fat I am now. yuck.

I will try to get back later to update you all on how things are going but lets just say not good. I am so stressed that I am getting headaches every day and my stomach is in knots all the time. I hate that damn bakery. We have dropped right back down and I had to pay sales tax this week so I had to figure up our income and it turns out that after paying all the bills associated with it I am still $500 in the hole so I am quite depressed right now.

angieME
07-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks Julie. I am just a very emotional person and I dwell on things. Lately I could cry at the drop of a hat and that is just because I feel so defeated and sick that I have to spend any time at the bakery. I will get over it once we can close up shop though. I think I will worry about money when and if the accounts actually dump us. They never actually did I am assuming because the machine donuts they had didnt sell. I know the accounts we gave up to do the front want us back...I guess the customers are complaining like crazy because all they are selling are frozen donuts from a distributor so now it is just trying to figure out how to close down and sell off everything to pay MIL back.

I am so sorry for what the doc said to you. That was extremely rude and very presumptuous(sp) of him to assume anything about your son. What a jerk! I bet your boy will grow up and become whatever he sets his little heart too. I know that with you and your husband standing behind him he will.

I didnt color my hair dark. This is how it is naturally...I usually get it highlighted blonder but I have been feeling so ugly lately that I havent bothered to do anything with it.

I am on a pee break so I will be back later

jbbm
07-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Btw I wanted to say, I would take one of your fresh doughnuts rather than a frozen one in a heartbeat!! I didn't know you could even freeze them. I bet your doughnuts taste 100% better than that company's.

melekalikimaka
07-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Hey girls, Happy(?) Friday? I am home doing laundry so I don't have to be doing that all weekend. I have a nail appt. @ 2 p.m. so i can make myself feel pretty again. :p I will be at Sam's Club tomorrow morning @ 7 a.m. to get the new Harry Potter book (i know i'm a geek), then it's off to Michael's 1st grade orientation and to drop off school supplies. I guess it's PMS and job stress, but I feel like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I feel like a need a good cry, but it just won't come. It's really frustrating. And these Advil just aren't kicking these darn migraines I'm getting. :ouch:

Angie, you do not look gross. You're smiling and you look great. I think it's so great that you got to meet Cal and Ashley. Sorry you're having so much stress w/the bakery. But everything happens for a reason eh? I wish you the best of luck with whatever happens. How are your dogs and kitties? How much longer until you can get that new kitten? I bet it will be so beautiful when it's full coloring comes in. We brought Lucky the pupy to the vet yesterday, in one month, she put on 3.4 lbs. I was a bit worried that it was too much but the vet said she was fine, just a growing girl. I hope she doesn't get bigger than 20 lbs though. I will try and post more pics when I get into the office next week. **BTW, be on the lookout for a box from me sometime early next week.

Cal, you're looking good woman! :) And Ashley looks a lot more grownup than when I saw her last year. How was your trip? Did you take anymore pictures? How much more of summer vacation do ya have?

Dips, wow girlfriend--you are doing so amazing on that South Beach diet. You go girl! Oh to be in your predicament of having clothes that are too big :rolleyes:. hehe, I'm just a little envious ;) You deserve every pound lost, you work your butt off at it. :dancer:

Cherie, how are ya doing today? Hanging in there? Well, hope you enjoy your weekend. Thinking about you.

Kempy, glad to hear you are having less stress w/the new owner of the salon. Being pressured out sucks. **ditto for you on expecting a box sometime early next week :)

Well, gotta get my butt moving and outta here. Check back later. Love ya girls.

Dips'n'twists
07-15-2005, 08:54 PM
So I'm here on a friday night with no plans because my boyfriend is working late. That bumb! :mad: I told him I wanted to see "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and he's like "Aaw Man you really want to see that?" so I'm like Fine let's go see "wedding Crashers tomorrow night and he's like "No not tomorrow night I wanted to watch the fight on PPV" (I swear he's only with me for my big screen tv) Men and thier sports, I swear! :rolleyes: So by the time he gets here tonight, he'll probably just want to crash. I should set up the blankets on the couch right now :devil: But that wouldn't be right. Okay enough venting...

Angie- I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS of you and CAL. I always wantedx to me at least one of you girls and you guys actually got to do it. How Exciting !! BTW I prefer you as a blonde ;) I know you feel self conscious these days and we all are at one point or another but just remember how fabulous you are inside and the outside will soon follow. And also remember that your girls (us) are all here to support you.

J- You have such a wonderful attitude about everything. I knew you would get back you your good spirits. :D. BTW The same cucumber thing happened to me like 3 weeks ago EEEEWWWW :barf: I hate finding spoiled food. I'm grossed out and I feel like money was wasted. I try to buy food in small quantities to prevent all that. Hope cleaning the fridge wasn't too painful otherwise.

Noelle- Ya know when Advil doesn't come through, time for Motrin!! Thats the good stuff :dizzy: 7am for the potter book WOW, Kinda glad I didn't get sucked into that series. I'll probably read the books like ten years from now just to see what all the hype is about. I hear it's worth it. Just sucks that they can't keep those kids young enough to keep kicking out the movies. Darn puberty :lol:

Hey Kempy- What's cookin' good lookin'. Hope all is well with you. I know you're one busy chick these days.

You too Cherie- I know it's incredibly busy for you but I hope to hear from you soon.
Okay, ladies, I'n going to get a bite to eat now. I'm only cooking for myself, though. No food for the boyfriend. He can find his own damn food on the way home. :snooty:

jbbm
07-15-2005, 09:57 PM
Hi girls just posting this evening.

Dips you are sweet. I hope you and the boyfriend have a good night. To bad you have to work tomorrow. Hopefully you will be in air conditioning though. Have fun watching the PPV tomorrow night. I know when food spoils it feel like I wasted money. Even when my kids don't finish something, like tonight :o, I eat their leftovers....it was the way I was brought up....never waste food. But I would rather have a pound off here and there than eating a tablespoon to cups of this and that of their food. Don't work to hard this weekend!!

Oh Noelle you poor thing, I wish I could come over and have a good cry with ya. I hope your stresses are reduced and you feel pampered after getting your nails done. It sounds like you have a busy day tomorrow. Try to get a good nights sleep. Sometimes when I have pms I will take a pain reliever with a strong cup of coffee to knock my migraines out. Hope this helps but don't do that before bed :tired:. Unless caffeine does not make you stay awake. You know it seems like alot of us girls on this thread are going through some kind of stress in our lives right now....I will say some prayers for all of u and wish that we were all together having some "girl time".

Well girls going to get going....kids need to get rounded up for bathtime. Dd is coloring with markers this late!! Gotta go. Past their bedtime. They have always been night owls though!! Hi Cal, Kempy, Angie, and Cherie, and anyone I missed. Have a great safe weekend.

jbbm
07-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Night Girls, kids are in the tub, dh is giving them their bath. He is so good about that, I am lucky. I am going to watch 20/20, it is about summer myths. I like these myth shows they have on now that Barbara is off the show. Interesting stuff. Okay I am pretty boring, huh??

jbbm
07-15-2005, 10:24 PM
They just said try oysters for a better love life. To bad I can't stand the things :lol:, okay I am going to shut this thing off.

Thinking of you all who are under stress or under pressure of some sort now. I may go to church this Sunday without the kids and just pray and I will include all of you. I have not been to church alone in a while. I think it would help me. Okay Good Night for the last time :).

calnative
07-16-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm back!!!!

We actually got back on Tuesday night, but there's been so much to do. I've spent the last couple of days visiting my sister who moved here from Texas while we were gone.

We had a wonderful time. I think we stayed just ahead of the high humidity because the weather was perfect, even the few days of heavy rain we had. We saw so much: Gettysburg (sobering), Hershey Chocolate World, The Crayola Factory, Mystic Seaport, The Vermont Teddy Bear Factory (Ashley kept asking when we'd be there as she had saved her allowance to buy a bear), Acadia National Park in Maine, Montreal, Niagara Falls. We even watched some time tests of Nascar cars at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. While in Indianapolis, we visited several places that we remembered from when we lived there; in fact, we used to live just a few blocks from the Speedway. We also visited my mom's 2 sisters who live just north of Indy.

We had a wonderful visit with Angie. I hated to leave; I so wish we could've had more time. Angie, you are a delight to be around and you are such a beautiful person. We have got to get everyone together some time. I've met 2 of you and I cherish those meeting so much.

I still have 2 1/2 weeks before I have to be back to school and 3 weeks before the kiddos come back. They start Aug 8. We are already starting to plan our vacation for next summer: Europe. :D

Now we are sweltering. 116 is the high forecast for today. :yikes: :faint:

Have a great weekend ladies.

Cal

Dips'n'twists
07-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Hey Cal, good to see ya. In the picture you look just as bubbly qand pleasant as I imagined you. I soooo wish I could have been around to meet you and Angie. And it seems you got a chance to really enjoy your vacation. Good for you! And good for your sister for moving closer to you.

J- One could only hope to have a dh so attentive. Taking care of the kiddies at bath time so you can enjoy prime time tv, you go girl! BTW no I did not have a good night with my boyfriend. Just as I predicted he came home tired and ready to sleep. Tonight we're watching the fight on ppv. (well more like he's watching and I'm tolerating. He promised that he'd make it up to me tomorrow with dinner and a movie. He also wanted me to pick up junk food for the fight but I need to get something I don't like otherwise I'll eat it. He wanted Doritoes but those things are freakin' addictive. So I have until 8:30 to come up with something.:shrug: what to do what to do. Anyway, I have to figure out how to order the fight with my remote. Never done it before. I'm such a girl.

Check back soon...

angieME
07-17-2005, 01:08 PM
HEY GIRLS!!!! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Cal, I had fun meeting you too. I wished I could have had the day off to show you around and stuff and do something fun with ya. I agree we defiantely have to ALl meet up somewhere ...anywhere. :lol:

Well, Our timeframe for closing the bakery is by the end of August. We have to pay rent for the month anyways and this way noone can say we didnt give it the summer. I CANT WAIT!!!! I want to have time to work out. My sis is seriously thinking about getting her stomach stapled. Medicaid covers it and she really is thinking about it. I wished I had guts to get it done with her but I am so scared. But I know I cant control my weight under my own powers. so I dont know what to do.

Noelle, I am actually getting 2 of the kittens. :lol: I am a SUCKER!!! :lol: My dad is so fun to watch with them...he is like a little kid. He wants them all I think. He tried to get Mom to let him bring them into the livingroom to play but she wouldnt let him. He lays on the floor with them and watches them play. He built them a little condo and says he cant wait for them to play in it. He is a softie in his old age. :lol: We used to have a cat named cocoa who was a snowshoe while I was growing up. He died when he was 19.He was my parents baby. They always said that if they ever got divorced they wouldnt care who got the kids but they would fight over Cocoa. haha

I am going to post a pic of them .

In the first pic mine is the dopey one staring at the camera. Arent they cute??

the second pic is of my big white one hitting his mom. He is going to be a flamepoint.

Funny story...the big white one we thought was a girl but Mom got looking at them this week and noticed something extra. haha. I was going to name him Buttercup (because of the orange coloring) but I may have to name him Butternut now. :lol: :rofl:

jbbm
07-17-2005, 01:51 PM
LOL....Angie, ButterNut!! Very funny.

Angie, Good luck with the bakery girl whatever happens, I stand behind you whatever you do.

Dips I can hardly set our VCR!! I am like that too. Hope you ended having a great night.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We went visiting all day yesterday. And went to eat out. And the grocery store thing. It is hot as he** here, but that is okay we are going to be in the upper 90's. Nice and warm. Dh is at the store with the kids and I got the music playing while I am cleaning so I am going to scoot. Check back in later.

Have a great weekend everyone. Hi girls!!

Dips'n'twists
07-18-2005, 06:02 AM
J- You are terrible! That is funny though. Old people say the darndest things. :lol:. I figured out how to order the fight on ppv. Too bad it was a waste of my precious time and money. The guy my baby was rooting for lost and needless to say his mood was ff for the rest of the night...the rest of the week for that matter. Men and thier sports.

jbbm
07-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Good Monday Morning Girls

I had an overall nice weekend. Kept busy. Yesterday we worked around the yard, water, water and some more watering just to keep my flowers alive in this heat. I was bad last night and made our all time favorite dessert. Turtle bars. Yum need I say more?? I told dh last night our problem is we just down right love to cook. Even when we first started dating we would just want to cook and try new foods rather than go out to eat, how romantic :), now it is food fights and trying to get the kiddos to stay at the table :lol:. But we made a healthy dinner last night anyway, grilled chicken tacos with peppers and onions and homemade salsa. I think I am going to chug tons of lemon water today.
Dips, yeah I know, but my mind was fried by the end of the visit between keeping the kids behaving, trying to get my ds to visit with them, they both can't hear a darn thing (grandparents), and it was so hot alomost 100 degrees and my mom would not turn her air-conditioning on. Grrrr.... So my mind was gone!! I need humor or I was going to melt!!

jbbm
07-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi girls just checking back in for second :)

Noelle how are you feeling sweetheart?? I hope those headaches went away along with pms and you got some relaxing in this weekend. Did you little guy start school today?? I hope you got your book. Have a good day.

Angie, I forgot to say those cats are beautiful. And you are getting two now. Thats great.

Cherie, I have been thinking of you alot lately. I hope you are and you and the girls had a nice weekend. Hugs to you.

Kempy how did the decorating go?? I am sure it will look nice, from the pics I have seen of your house you have a great sense of style.

Cal when do you go back to school? I am so happy you and Angie got to meet. And your vacation sounds wonderful. You deserved every bit of it.

Dips you have a great day today also. Don't work to hard if you are there today. When do you start school? What are you going for?

Okay bye for now. LuchTime!

angieME
07-18-2005, 02:37 PM
THANK YOU NOELLE !!!!

I got your package today. Did you know I love Macadamia nuts and garlic...when you put them both together YUM!!! Not good for the breath though. :lol: The toffee ones are awesome!! My lunch and dessert consisted of nuts. haha Me and Brit looked up the company on the internet because she likes them too and wanted to order some but they are out of stock for now. The clock is so cute. I cant wait to try the dressing either..or the tea. we opened it up and it smells so good. Thank you so much but ya know you didnt have to get me anything. Just being such a great friend is gift enough.

I gottsta get back to work but I wanted to say thank you.

Julie, That is such a funny story about your step grandma. I would have lost it. :lol: :rofl:

Hi Dips. :wave:

angieME
07-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Julie, Did you see the little runt of the litter on the left hand side of the first pic. He looks funny there but he is really cute. My Mom is keeping him and she named him Pinky. Mine will be the other dopey looking one on the right hand side staring into space with the gray ears.

calnative
07-19-2005, 12:44 AM
:hot: :hot: :hot:
We have been breaking records here. Of course, today we were 2 degrees away from the record of 115 set in 1989; it was 113 today. We did have a thunderstorm blow through yesterday and dropped the temp down to 92. Beginning Friday we're supposed to be below 110. I told my sister that we'd better get the sweaters out. :lol:

Julie: I go back to school Aug 4; that's when the teachers go back. The heathens....l mean students :D , come back Aug 8. Right now I am just enjoying being home, even with the heat. My sis went back to CA yesterday and she's complaining because it's hot there too.

I am enjoying my yard and Ashley started swimming lessons today. They practiced prone and back floating. She really loves the water. I have to get her a new pool though because Tucker (the pooch) chewed on the one she had. Silly pooch.

Cherie: I thought about you when we were in Indianapolis. We went to the Speedway and watched test runs of Nascar cars. Ashley loved them. I told her that her grandpa was happy in heaven because she loves the race cars.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Cal

melekalikimaka
07-19-2005, 03:13 AM
Hey girls, all of you should be sleeping right now. I'm just winding down my day, getting everything ready for Michael's first, 1st grade day of school tomorrow. All the school supplies went into the classroom on Saturday and they do not allow the parents into the classroom when school starts. It's flag raising, morning prayers then off to class--bye bye parents. I guess it's a smart thing to do so the parent or the kids doesn't break down and make the separation harder :lol: I cried last year when he entered Kindergarten for the first time, I think my hide is tougher this year ;) He finally got his ok for his karate exam, so it's exam time for his yellow belt on Wednesday. Wish him luck!

Cal, OMG that is so hot. And here I am complaining that we're hitting 90's. But ya know, it's mighty humid here, so I bet it's a lot more uncomfortable. It's great Ashley loves the water. I couldn't make Mikey take swimming lessons again this summer, he refused. I will get him back in the water for the fall session though. I think that elementary backstroke is a hoot---the way they teach the positions here are "monkey, airplane, soldier", if you can imagine what that looks like in the water :lol:
Did you take any pics of the beautiful scenery on your trip?

Angie, you're very welcome. Glad it reached you safely. Sorry it was late but my head's been going in all different directions lately. I know you and Jay have worked really hard w/the storefront, it's a rough business when you have to rely on seasonal flow. I wouldn't say you were giving up. You need to do what is right for you and your family. I know it's selfish of me but if the upside of closing your store is that we get to have you around here more. I just love your sense of humor *butternut* :devil: :rofl:

Julie, you too--your vibrator story was funny as heck :lol: I wouldn't have been able to hold the laugh in, i know my eyebrows would've been raised so high, my eyes so big and I would've been rolling on the floor. :lol: Glad you enjoyed your weekend. I must admit you do cook up some amazing sounding dinners and desserts :hun:. Turtles, yum! As for me, the weekend was relaxing, caught a couple of movies (Willy Wonka and then War of the Worlds). Got rid of those nasty headaches, but no TOM either.... :chin: guess I'll take advantage... sorry, TMI :devil:

Cherie, how are you doing these days? Thinking of you.

Kempy, are you getting really busy w/clients? have you had any men clients? I think back hair is really nasty. I don't like my men hairy at all. I knew this guy in Rick's Nat'l Guard unit that looked like he had padding under his t-shirt, it was his really scary hairy back--yikes!!! It kinda connected up to the hairline at the back of his neck. :dizzy: It makes me cringe just thinking of it :lol: Sorry, didn't mean to scare anyone :)

Well, i guess im getting tired. Off to bed. Chat w/y'all tomorrow.

PhotogirlTX
07-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Just a quick check in.... Steven, my ex, was admitted to the hospital last night.. he was having trouble breathing, so he went to the emergency room. His right lung has filled with fluid, so today, they are going to take a needle through his back and try to drain it. They are also going to put him under, put a scope down his throat and see what is causing this in his lung. Oh.. and they may finally start on the damn radiation on his hip that should have been started two weeks ago. I am not sure how long he will be in the hospital, but as of this morning, he wasn't looking very well.

Last Wednesday, he called me, he had blacked out again. Three times in a week, and he had fallen and hurt himself. He asked me if I could pick up his dad on Friday from the airport, if he couldn't, and of course I said I would. So, Friday, I picked up Wayne, my ex father-in-law... went over to Steven's... he was in bed, hurting... I ended up taking home four loads of his laundry and doing them Friday night/Saturday morning. I brought the girls over on Saturday to see Papa and their dad, but he was still in bed the whole time we were there.. same with Sunday when we came to pick up Wayne to take back to the airport.

I've been busy getting the new payroll system transistioned over... that has been alot of work, and I've been getting organized for my move.... I'm tired... not motivated... anyway... I don't have a lot of time, I just wanted to check in with you guys.... if you need to get ahold of me... email me, I don't seem to be able to check in here daily like I used to. My email is: cocogl@yahoo.com. And if you have Yahoo messenger, then cocogl is my user ID on that as well.

Talk to you all soon....

Cherie

PhotogirlTX
07-20-2005, 10:34 AM
Oh.. I did take the girls out Friday night for some fun, went and saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It was good, I haven't read the book, so I am not sure how close it is to the book, however, the girls and I all agreed, the Gene Wilder version is the one we prefer. :-) I swear they watch that movie at least once every two weeks.

This weekend is my birthday, and they are "taking me out" for lunch/dinner, and they place THEY chose is Incredible Pizza. (kinda like Chuck E Cheeses, but has a bowling alley, go carts and the games all inside). It's not the place I would chose, however, they will have fun, and that is what matters. So, I am taking some time out for myself... I also got the new Harry Potter Book.. and I've started reading it. Now if I would only get up and exercise....

Talk to you guys later.... for the next few days, I will be visiting the hospital alot.. I still have to see if they will let kids up on his floor. I gotta go by his place today and pick up some things he needs... guess, I will ask the nurses then.

Back to work.

Cherie

angieME
07-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Hey girls!! Saturday is our last day. I am pretty happy about it. Life is too short to waste it doing something that doesnt make you happy. I will be back later to explain everything.

Cherie, {{{Hugs}}}}} I am praying for your family right now.

jbbm
07-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Hi girls checking in on how everybody is doing today :)

Cherie, my dear, I wish like I said so many times before we were closer so I could take care of your girls for you. I just want to say what a strong, loyal and loving person you are. You're going through so much right now. I am praying and thinking of you and the girls and Steven. Have fun at your birthday dinner. And I understand if you can't get here that often right now. Just know we your friends, are thinking of you hugs and love ya girl.

Angie, you said it all. Life is to short to waste time. I am glad you are happy about it and good luck!!

Noelle, how was Michael's first day of school? I hope you got your yellow belt today buddy. Good Luck little guy.

Cal you stay cool!! I heard on the news about heat related deaths in your town, scary. Weather has more power than we do. Enjoy your time before you go back to school.

Kempy and Dips hi to you too!!

Well off to make dinner. I have a had a non-stop busy day today, but it was a good one. Dh had off from work so we took the kids to the zoo and then McD's and then to my mom's so she could watch them while dh and I went out for pizza at my favorite place, ate like a pig :o. I even ordered a beer, it was so relaxing, dh and I have not been out to eat alone in years, can you believe that? We agreed to go out more often. Just to keep in the right frame of mind, ya know? Oh and also went shopping, wow, I am tired. Check back later on.

jbbm
07-20-2005, 10:11 PM
Good Night Girls.

Cherie, you are in my thoughts.

Have a good Thursday everyone :) :).

melekalikimaka
07-21-2005, 02:57 AM
Hey girls, busy day here. We just got back from Michael's karate exam, I think he did well. They examined approx. 20+ kids, i think most of them passed. We'll find out on Monday with the belt ceremony. :crossed: I finished w/Harry Potter (don't worry Cherie, I won't spill the beans)

Cherie, you are a great, selfless person. I just want to hug ya and help ease some of your burdens now. I'm glad you got to spend some time relaxing and doing something enjoyable. We saw Charlie and the Choc. Factory on Friday night as well. It was fun but a bit strange--I agree, I think I like the Gene Wilder version better...am I old fashioned? :lol: But an entertaining flick anyways.

Julie, woo-hoo, all adults need some time away from the kiddos, just to reconnect ya know? Gotta keep that spark in the marriage :flame: When does your boy start kindergarten? I bet he's looking forward to that. Michael had a really short first day (7:45--11:00) but I think he's proud not to be in the youngest class anymore. Today he had a visit to the health room already. he and another boy were playing at recess and the other kid accidently hit my boy in the face--i think they were playing chase master. But anyway, alls well that ends well.

I've got gremlins hanging over my shoulder. I guess it's past their bedtimes :lol:

Angie, congrats on your life getting a little easier and happier. Can't wait to hear the scoop.
Have a good night all, gotta run. :wave:

Dips'n'twists
07-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Happy thursday girls!!

Cherie- Good to hear from you and what a wonderful person you are for being there for your family when they need you the most. I know this week must have been draining for you. I thing your kids see that which is why they want o take their mommy someplace fun for her B-day. Have fun, you've definately earned it.

Noelle- How's your little karate man? He must be so excited going for his new belt and starting a new grade. I know you have to be into something other than Harry Potter- all this time I'm thinking yo bought it for your kid. You bookworm you. I want to see charlie and the chocolate factory. I read the book and saw the original movie. My BF is not interested one way or the other. Tonight he's taking me to see wedding crashers. I heard it was good but I still want to see Charlie. I'll probably see it by myself tomorrow.

J- Haven't eaten alone together in YEARS?!! That just won't do. You definately need to do that more often. Glad you had a good time, though.

Hi Angie- Glad you're happy with your decision. Let us know how everything goes from here on.

Well, I have to go to work in a little bit. I've been eyeing this pizza place for weeks now but I wanted to wait until my BF and I could eat there together. I think tonight is the night! I haven't had pizza in forever. I haven't been to the gym in the last few days becasue it's just rediculously hot here. I can't get up the motivation. It's hard enough just walking down the street. But I know I have to get back to it before the pounds begin creeping back up on me. In the meantime I guess I have to be extra good inmy diet but nothing is gonna keep mefrom my pizza tonight.

TTYL Girlies!!

calnative
07-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

Angie: Could you PM me with your address? I've lost it. I found a postcard with a picture of a roadrunner. I said I'd send one to you. Good luck with your decision about the bakery. I look forward to having you around more. Does that sound selfish?? I hope you can come out to Arizona sometime. Be sure to make it in the winter!! The Grand Canyon is beautiful after it snows. Unfortunately, it's not very clear while it's snowing. Too much fog.

Julie: I am familiar with aspergers. I've never had any students with it, at least I was never told, but I did have an autistic child about 5 or 6 years ago when I taught 5th grade. He had an aide who helped him with everything. He rarely spoke, but he bonded with me, even smiled at me a few times, and by the end of the year he was saying hello to me. I believe if the teacher is sensitive, there should be no problems. Your son will be successful in whatever he decides to do; he has you as his Mom.

Noelle: Are the schools there year-round? Most year-round schools here started this week also. We still have just over 2 weeks before the kiddos come back. Ashley's school has a short fall break this year, only 2 days on Oct 13 and 14. We will probably go to Disney again. Alberto's nephew is not coming this summer because he failed his classes and has to repeat the year. Maybe next year.

Dips: Take care in that heat. I know that the humidity can be cruel. We're starting to get some here, but it's not that bad because it's taking the daytime highs down as well. Today is supposed to be 109 and tomorrow should be around 105. So far very little rain. When we were back east it seemed that we were just missing all the humidity; we were either just ahead of it or missed it by a couple of days. Needless to say, we really did enjoy our trip and the weather. My sister thought she'd get out of the heat when she went back to Calif, but it's nearly just as hot there. Redlands, where she lives, is usually about 10 degrees cooler than here in Phoenix.
By the way, enjoy the pizza tonight.

Cherie: Hugs and prayers for you and your family. Enjoy your birthday outing with the girls. It sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck on your move.

Kempy: I hope everything is going well with you. Drop by when you can.

Have a great day.

Cal

jbbm
07-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Did anyone see the spin-off show of AI? But it is a dance competition, last night? I did not care for it to much. I miss all of the shows from fall and winter. Not to much on. I have been watching the show BlowOut about a hairstylist Jonathan Anton in Hollywood. He is great looking and straight!! LOL....and I have been tuning into Queer Eye a couple of times this summer, they had a straight nudist guy they were trying to help out. It was so funny.

Noelle did you hear about your favorite actor Jude Law, the affair with his nanny? I read the article on-line in People Mag. Pretty steamy the way the mistress described it :s:. Gossip, gossip :lol:.

Well enough computer time for me....going to go back to cleaning. Have a good afternoon.

Hi Angie, Noelle, Cherie, Kempy, Cal, and Dips.

melekalikimaka
07-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Hey girls, gosh...I'm wishing it was the weekend already! But anyway, just plugging along.

Julie, you and I have a lot in common when it comes to worrying about the kids :lol: You are not overdoing it, in my eyes. You are after all, entrusting your child into the care of another. Have you ever heard that song "I Wish I Could", I heard it recorded by Jim Brickman/sung by Anne Cochran.... but the lyrics are something like, "I Wish I could save these moments and put them in a jar, I wish I could stop the world from turning, keep things just the way they are, I wish I could shelter you from everything not pure, not sweet and good, I know I can't, I know I can't, but I wish I could..." it makes me tear up every time :lol: I know you would relate to that song--it's especially for little boys. **and as for Jude Law, I don't know why his new wife is surprised to hear he fooled around, after all, didn't he fool around on his first wife? He's still handsome as heck though, those blue eyes! :D Oh almost forgot that your DD was entering preschool. So what will you do with your new found freedom?

Cal, most of the public schools are year round but some are on the "old" schedule w/the 2-3 month break in between. I think they passed a law here mandating that all schools will be year-round within the next few years so all public schools are on the same schedule. We will be going to Disney again this year, but probably in late September. The kids go back school after fall break on 10/10 so we probably won't be able to meet up w/you guys again. Maybe some other time and another destination? :crossed:

Dips, let me know how you like Wedding Crashers, like is it worth $8 or should i just wait until I can rent it at Blockbusters? :lol: Enjoy your movie and the pizza.

Angie, Kempy and Cherie, don't work too hard today.

Hi-ho, hi-ho it's off to work I go...

Kempyd
07-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Wow, has is been that long since I have last been here? We got all of the painting done in the salon and Joe was able to build some partitions. Now it looks like a real salon. The girls used to say that it looked like a beauty school. I still need to paint my room but I have to prime the walls first and that is just too much time for me right now.

Cal we are hot down here too plus we have the humidity. Yesterday was 97 with the heat index of 111 and the humidity was 65% and guess who was outside cutting grass at 1 in the afternoon. I know it was dumb but we got a new mower and I had to try it out. I took lots of breaks though. Are you ready for school yet?

Angie girl you better hop on and spill it. I am curious to know why you are closing early. I know that you will be happier though and that is all that matters.

Julie whats the word on the vacation? I agree you two need some alone time. I mean Joe and I do that and we don't have kids yet. It really does make a difference.

Noelle thank you soooooooo much for the b-day gift. I have already brewed a big pitcher of tea. I love tea. My MIL sent me some from CA and it tastes almost that same so it will not go to waste. You and Angie came up with the cutest stuff this year. I really need to read those Harry Potter books. My mom reads them and loves them.

Dips I have been making pizza at home. I have a pizza stone and Joe and I dress it the way that we each want it. In fact I was thinking about having that tonight. That is my number one weakness in food.

I hate to run but I need ot walk the dog. Echo is with Joe and I have Rhea. She seems to be pretty bored right now so I am going to go play with her. I'll jump back on later.

PhotogirlTX
07-21-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey everyone.. just checking in.. and I'm not doing well... I am going to paste what I wrote to my mom's group.

I'm having a hard time keeping it together in front of the girls... I just snapped at them and sent them to their room... right now I am in such a black mood, I feel so bad and upset. Wondering why God is doing this to all of us.

It was confirmed today, he does have cancer back in his lung. He has it there, in his hip, in his spine and it's in his bloodstream. His aunt called me today after she went to visit him. She had a chance to talk to his doctor outside in the hallway.

Steven is under the impression that he will get out of the hospital next week and go back to work. Doctor told Betty, no, he was really sick, and she didn't know when he would get out. He needs chemotherapy, but regardless, Steven is dying. He is dying. I am sitting her in tears... I mean, yeah, I knew things didn't look good, but to actually be told that is so devastating. Of course, they haven't told him that, and I won't be the one talking to him about it. The doctor told Betty that he needs chemo... it might extend his life for another year, possibly two... but the quality of life while on chemo might not be worth it.

Steven knows that without chemo, the possibility of dying is much greater... but he has been through chemo before without it helping, and making him sick as a dog... and well, he is on the fence right now about it. He is also not eating, which is concerning the nutritionalist, giving them another reason to keep him in the hospital.

I took the girls this evening to go see him. He had some supplimental oxygen going through his nose.. and he looked really tired. We didn't stay long, because the girls were really stressing him out. Hannah got really upset asking if he was going to be OK. She kept saying she doesn't want her daddy to die.

I feel like I've just been hit in the stomach.. and I don't know how to get past this feeling. I can't do this alone.. I can't raise these girls alone... I am so scared.

This cancer he has is called Ewings Sarcoma. It is normally a pediatric cancer. However, it is more prominate in white boys than anyone else. With his age, and that it is in more than one spot, the 5 year survival rate is only 30%. He has had this for 4 years now, starting on his 5th.

I'm sorry... I feel like I don't have anything positive to offer to this group.. I guess that's why I haven't been posting. Everything has just fallen around my feet these past 4 years.

Anyway... I need to compose myself... and go back in and apoligize to the girls for snapping at them. Keep them and Steven in your prayers please.

Cherie

Needless to say, I am being an emotional eater right now... I need to go make up with the girls... I'll try to check in tomorrow.

jbbm
07-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Cherie, oh my god....I feel so bad for you and the girls and Steven. I am so so sorry about the bad news. I wish I could find the right words to say to you....I just wish I could hug you and let you cry on my shoulder. I will be praying to god that he gives you the power to get through this horrible time. I will also pray for your girls and that Steven does not have to suffer anymore than he is now. Sweetheart take it one day at a time. If you need anything at all let me know. Even like school supplies for the girls or anything. Love ya girl, Julie

jbbm
07-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Cherie one more thing, please don't feel like you don't have anything to offer to the group....we are all friends and we want to offer our support to you. I understand life is not all great and cheerful all the time. Its life. Sometimes it is bad and sometimes it is better or good. Praying and thinking about you all.

calnative
07-22-2005, 12:58 AM
I finally got some pictures from vacation posted on photobucket. Use the following link to see them. http://photobucket.com/albums/v429/calnative/

Thanks for the reminder, Noelle; I'd forgotten to post them.

Angie: Don't worry, I didn't include the pictures of us. Everyone already saw that one.

Have a good evening everyone. I'll come back later to read the posts I've missed from today.

Cal

calnative
07-22-2005, 01:02 AM
I almost forgot, I added a couple of before and after pictures of our backyard. Some have Ashley and her dad and one has our dog, Tucker.

Cal

jbbm
07-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Cal what wonderful and beautiful pictures. Now you can have memories of that great vacation forever. Your yard looks really nice and green!! Thanks for sharing them.

Hope everyone is doing well today.

jbbm
07-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Hi girls....just checking to see if anyone popped in yet.

Thinking about you Cherie, I hope you have a nice birthday weekend.

Angie, how are you? I wish that everything is going smoothly for you closing the shop up.

Noelle that song sounds really nice. I will try and listen to it. Have a relaxing weekend.

Kempy YES you have been away to long!! Sounds like the salon is shaping up. No definate plans on the vacation yet. Things are kind of up in the air. I will get somewhere though, hey going out to eat alone was a treat.

Dips how was the new pizza place?

Cal Ashley looks like she is growing up. Where does the time go? She is a cute little girl.

Well going to get going. Dh wants to go out for dinner tonight for a fish fry but I really don't feel like eating all that fried food. My stomach just has not been right lately. We will see. No plans for the weekend yet. Sunday it is going to be 97 and humid. Probally a water day or doing something inside with air conditioning. There is this small town here that has a weekend party called Polka Days. I am polish (if you did not notice :lol:) maybe I should put on my dancing shoes and head over there. Not, I am not dancing in this heat!! Bye for now ladies, will check back.

angieME
07-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Hi everyone!!

Cherie, I am so sorry hon. I wished I could help out. We all need to live closer to each other so we can get together when one of us is having problems. I wished I could give you a hug through the puter. How is Steven handling all of this? Our neighbors son in law had cancer and he totally withdrew from his whole family before his death. I hope Steven doesnt do that for everyones sake but I can sympathise with why it could happen too. Please, Please, Please let me know if there is anything you need. I will do my best to help you if possible.{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Noelle, WOW, school started already? I have never heard of year round school. We do the August 26-June 16 schedule up here. Did he enjoy his first day? I bet. They love to get away from us for a while. :wink:

Julie, I love to hear that you and your hubby are spending quality alone time with each other. That is great. It sounds like you two are working hard to keep your marriage fresh. :devil: :o . It sounds hot out your way. It has been miserably hot here too. It isnt so much the heat but the humidty is a pain. :lol: I am sick of feeling sticky all the time.

Kempy, That is great that business is taking off for ya. I am so happy for you. What color are you going to paint your walls? Did you ever come up with a name?

Cal, I love the pics. Is the lake the one in Dexter? Did you like the pie? Wow, You guys made some ground on your trip. You went to so many different places. You know how to spend your time off. The lawn looks great too.

Well, Tomorrow is our last day. We had one awesome week this summer. The week of the fourth was so busy but then it went back to nothing when the tourists left from the holiday. I had to pay my sales tax the week after and when I figured up our expense versus income for the time we have been open we had actually lost $500 so I said "to **** with this!!" :lol: I am so tired all the time and I never have time to go grocery shopping or exercise or cook a meal(we have lived on take out and pizzas...so needless to say I have gained more weight and am freaking huge again) It just wasnt worth the trouble to me. I mean we live in a small area so if we arent making money than it isnt going to get better because they all know we are there and just dont come in. I already know we couldnt make it through the winter on the income we were making. Luckily Jay dropped one towns worth of accounts when we opened and my Mom is friends with the manager of one. Well, They sold frozen donuts and the customers hate them so they want us back BAD! so after we get settled in we will just go back to that so no loss. If I ever lose my accounts then I guess I will get a mill job or something at least then I would have weekends off,paid vacations and health care. :lol:

Sorry to ramble on about it.

I am bidding on a big cat condo on ebay for the kitties. That is my birthday gift from Jay. It is HUGE!! They should all like it. haha. I am such a freak.

jbbm
07-23-2005, 11:13 AM
:hb: :hb: Happy Birthday Cherie, I hope you are still going out to eat and get to have a little fun today. :grouphug:

jbbm
07-23-2005, 11:18 AM
Oh Angie, So glad you are happy with the choice to clos up. Maybe you can now have more time for yourself and daily things like you said. And we get to see more of you too ;). Hope the last day goes well. And good Luck on the kitty condo.

Hi Noelle, Cherie, Cal, Kempy, and Dips. Have a good weekend.

angieME
07-24-2005, 09:28 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERIE!!! :gift: :woo: :balloons: :hb:

I hope you and the girls had a fun day out.

Well, The bakery is CLOSED!!! :cb: :dancer: :cheer: We just have a bunch of equipment to move out but we are never opening it again. Like I said if I do ever lose my accounts then I will work in the mill by my house if I have to. At least that way I will have weekends off, paid vacations, affordable health insurance,affordable life insurance, 401K, etc. All things that no self employed person can afford around here. :lol: All of our regulars (all 5 of them :lol: ) came in yesterday to get their last load of stuff and to say goodbye and that they were sorry to see us go.

We left but we had to come back and close the back window so Jay parked out front and these 3 old *****es were walking down the street(tourists I assume) and one starts laughing and says gone out of business...well I guess they didnt last long. I wanted to jump out of the car and choke her so bad. :lol: I never saw her come in! I know we closed up quick but when it is obvious from the beginning that it isnt going to make it there is there really a reason to waste any more of my life there? I mean I am not making any money there...except for that one good week. Yesterday morning we didnt cook anything so we sat out front and waited for customers so I got to look up the street at the two other businesses that do breakfast and guess what they were full to capacity and we were sitting there twiddling out thumbs. That says alot to me. Anyways sorry to rant.

I just wanted to warn you all that I AM BACK!!! :lol: :comp:

Have a great weekend everybody.

Dips'n'twists
07-25-2005, 07:58 AM
Good Morning ladies!!

Cherie- sorry I couldn't pop in yesterday and wish you a happy B-day allow me to do so no [ahem] HHAAAAAPPPPY BIIRRRRTHDAY!!! :hb: :cb: I realize these days you don't feel you have much to celebrate but trust me, you do. You have your girls and the support of friends and family. Best wishes, I'm thinking about you.

Angie- it is so good to see you in good spirits again! Good for you on making peace with your decision to close. And you're better than me because I would have beat those heiffers down! It will be so cool to have you back with us more often.

J- You're like a little ray of sunshine. You're always so positive, I love that about you. Hope your weekend was good. Min was okay. I finally got to see Charlie and the Choc Factory. It was entertaining. BTW I never did get to my pizza. My plans fell through that night.

Noelle- How's your kid's school thing going? I know you're relieved to get that quality time to yourself. How's the weather in hula town?!

Kempy- Hope you're staying out of that heat. I know it's blazing down there. You too Cal.

Well ladies, I'm patting myself on the back :strong: :cb: :dancer: . I lost another pound this past week so I'm down to 135. Just 10 pounds away from my goal. The last ten are always the hardest. I was here once before only to go back up to 165. I hope I learned my lesson this time around because losing weight is so f*cking hard! :ebike: :wl: :tread: The rest of the summer should be good for me becasue my appetitie deminishes in the heat. It's winter I'm worried about. ANyways, off to work now. Have a good monday, girls.

PhotogirlTX
07-25-2005, 10:24 AM
Good Morning everyone.. and thanks for all the birthday wishes.... I had a really nice birthday considering everything that is going on, so I am thankful for it. I went and posted about my weekend on the journals, so I won't take up space and repost everything.

Angie.. congrats on closing. I know that sounds wrong, but life is too short to be struggling with something that isn't making you happy. I hope you get all your old clients back and can relax some, and come back here more often. You have been missed.

Dips... congrats on the pound lost! You are doing an awesome job. I've let myself go this summer and today, I think I am ready to get some control back... so to be where you are currently is a dream of mine, but I am going to get there.

Julie... did you get my email reply to your picture... I can't believe how adorable you look! :-) I hope you had a great weekend.

Cal.. the pictures looked great... your vacation looked like a wonderful one. You got to see so many cool things. And that pool is the one the girls want me to get since we are losing the apartment pool. Sometimes I think it would be cool to have.. but we will see. I need to spend my money on other things. :-)

OK.. well, I need to get to work. I have to run payroll tomorrow, so needless to say, today and tomorrow are going to be hectic.

I'll talk to you all soon. Oh.. no new news yet on Steven. I didn't even go by yesterday or call, I guess I will try today.

Cherie

jbbm
07-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Good Morning Girls

Cherie, hi there, glad you had a nice birthday weekend. I did get your e-mail and thank you so much. Sorry I didn't reply to it :o. My mind must have been gone at the time!! I hope Steven is doing okay today.

Dips congrats on the pound. You are doing so well. I know how hard you struggled to get below 140. Go girl.

Angie, thanks for the warning, just kidding.... :lol: I am so happy we are going to see more of you.

Well girls going to get running here sorry so short but dd is hanging on me for something to eat so I better go. I am fasting today. I had a horrible stomach ache this weekend. So I think I will just let my tummy settle. It is a combination of things probally bad eating and stress, my mom found some breast lumps and cancer runs in the family terribly so she is going to get checked today at the doctor and have mammogram. I wanted to go with her but I don't have anyone to watch the kids. But anyway ladies I will check back soon.

jbbm
07-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Cherie, almost forgot when are you moving? I need your new address, can you pm it to me?

Hi out there everyone else.

jbbm
07-25-2005, 02:07 PM
Is anyone else having problems with posting messages? My darn computer is acting up.

calnative
07-25-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm not feeling well tonight, but I wanted to just say hello.

Angie: I believe you're right about the lake. I think it was near Dexter. The pie was great. That evening, when we got back to the hotel, Bert found that the pie had slid right down the side of her clean clothes. I thought she'd be angry, but she just grabbed a handful of pie and started to eat it right there in the parking lot. :lol: I so wished I'd had a camera; it was so funny. We were able to salvage about 1/2 of the pie. We had some that evening then the next day we went to Wally World and bought 4 small storage bowls for the remainder. Bert washed out the clothes that had pie juice on them (it really wasn't that much) and we just laughed about it. Of course, I still tease her about it. I actually wanted to call you that evening and tell you, but I figured you were tired and I know we were. I was even able to bring one of the bowls of pie home and Alberto had it and he loved it. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.

Cherie: Your girls would love a pool like that. I bought that one at Target last year at the end of the season and only paid $30 for it. Watch for the sales. ;) A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Hello to everyone else. I'll try to post again tomorrow.

Cal

angieME
07-26-2005, 08:21 AM
Good Morning Ladies!! Sorry I didnt get on yesterday, I was cleaning out my closet all day until I had to go to work. :yikes: I have so much stuff to throw away from that. I shredded all my old documents(You know the ones you keep forever because you dont know when to shred them. :lol: ) and threw away anything I havent used in a while. It looks nice now. Now I get to move onto the kitchen cupboards next. OUCH! :lol:

We should have all the equipment out of the bakery by tomorrow so that will be nice. I am going to take my big $500.00 sign that I had painted for the bakery and hang it on my kitchen at home. No reason a wholesale business cant have a sign is there? :lol:

I got outbid on yet another one of the kitty condos. They went high last night too. Jeepers. I hope I can get one.

I am going to get back to dieting and working out regularly when I get a chance to go grocery shopping and get some food in the house. I swear I have no food here so we are eating pizza most of the time. I am so sick of pizza now.

Well, I had better get some more cleaning done.

Kempyd
07-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Hey guys. I am going to stay home today. I don't have any poeple to work on so I am not going to waste my day sitting there looking at the walls.

Angie you are doing the same things that I am doing. I have finally made up my mind that our kitchen is not set up right. I don't really like the way the cabinets are set up so I am going to move them around today. I just did all of the shredding a few weeks ago and man did that feel good. i can't beleive I had that much junk. I am glad to see you happy again. I bet you don't miss the drive into work.

Cal I love the pics of your yard. That is such a good idea you have about your pool. I always thought it was stupid to put those things staight on the grass. I see people do it down here all of the time and then in the fall they have a hugh ugly patch in the yard. I really don't think they ever get the grass back either. That is a really good price for it too. It almost makes me want to have one. It is so hot right now I have to use the hose to cool off when I am outside. You know I can't stay inside, I have to fidle with the yard all year round.

Cherie sorry I didn't post on Sat. but I am glad that you had a good b-day. I am with Julie we are going to need your new address when you move. Are you still going to move?

Dips I need you to come down here and help me with the weight lose. I am still sitting at a spot that I don't want to be. I told Joe is was from all of those damn brownines he keeps making. He has been on a kick latly and they are so good. He puts frosting and nuts on top so they are really hard to stay out of. I guess I won't be tight for vacation but I did it to myself.

Noelle what's going on over there in that beautiful place you live? I am starting to see the commericials for Office Depot and the rubberband man over here and I can't believe kids will be going back to school soon. It makes me want to go buy supplies and I don't even need them. Now that is good marketing. :D

I need to go cancel our order of sand for the yard. We have to add more and Joe isn't going to be home to help spread it. I swear we are sinking back into the swamp. :lol: I'll jump on a little later.

Kempyd
07-26-2005, 12:32 PM
:hyper: helloooo I am sitting here trying avoid the kitchen. Now I know why I shoudl go to work. :crazy: I am going crazy just sitting here. It is so weird to me that I will sit at work and think about all of the things I want to do at home and now that I am here I don't want to do any of them. Plus, I am trying not to run the AC as much b/c we just got in a $200 electric bill. What makes it so bad is that we has natural gas too so we don't use the electricity to cook with. So, it is kind of hot in the house unless I am just sitting on the sofa being still.

I hope someone pops on soon.

Kempyd
07-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Just bumping us up to the first page. Chat later.

angieME
07-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey Kempy!!! I am just unpacking some more crap from the bakery. I will be back later after work.

calnative
07-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Hey Ladies,

Only one more week before I return to school. The kiddos don't come back until Aug 8, but teachers have to go on Aug 3.

I am so lazy right now. It's hard to get anything done because I just want to rest and enjoy being home. Also, it's soooooo hot out that I don't want to do anything.

We're getting thunderstorms almost every night right now. I don't mind because it's saving me money on the water bill for the yard. :lol:

I have been out getting school supplies for Ashley and uniforms. She's excited to start 2nd grade.

I hope everyone is having a great day. Chat later.

Cal

angieME
07-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi. Well, it is pouring outside right now. The pool is filled to the top. :lol: I dont mind though because it has been so hot and muggy lately that it is hard to breathe...you know what I mean? I hate it when it gets like that.

The bakery is almost empty. all we have to do is get the pie case out and my landlord bought the shelves from me so I can get a good chunk of money back from him tomorrow which I will give to My in laws to help pay off my debt to them.

melekalikimaka
07-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi Ladies, just checking in to say HI. We are crazy busy right now, don't have enough hands to do the work as usual...i am pulling my hair out with all the customers who want service NOW! I did get to have breakfast w/my girlfriend this morning so we sat for a while, de-stressing. Her boy just started kindergarten and while he's adjusted great so far, she's the one having problems letting him go :lol:

Michael passed his karate exam on Monday so he is now the proud wearer of a 10th Kyu yellow belt :) . I'm so proud :lol: He's enjoying the first grade so far I haven't gotten any notes home from the teacher yet about misbehavior :crossed:

Cherie, I'm so sorry...I'm a slacker, I didn't get to wish you a happy b-day. Ask Angie and Kempy, I was VERY late with their b-day wishes ;) But I know you had a wonderful time w/your girls :hb: :gift: :hat: :grouphug: :lucky: How are you hanging in there today?

Cal, enjoy your solitude for the time being and stay cool! Whew, this weather across the nation is just getting crazier every year. Is Ashley at the same school as she was last year? or was it you that was changing? I forget. Anyway, loved the pics of your vacation and your yard looks just beautiful. Your dog looks pretty big, a cutie though. I can't get over how much Ashley has grown, she looks so much more mature :)

Kempy, I know how you feel–dreaming about what you could be doing at home while at work :lol: I stayed home yesterday just to do laundry, forwarded the phones to my cell and just pretended to "be" in the office. Oh man, Joe's the brownie man, huh? That's just plain evil. So when's the next vacation?

Dips, girlfriend, you are just shrinking away before our eyes. You are so AWESOME! :dancer: So close to that goal, I just know you'll get there too. Are you still following that South Beach? I have to look into that, so many people around have said that's the one that worked for them. How's the heat in NYC? Feel like knocking over a fire hydrant and just letting the geyser cool everyone off? (That was one of my little kid fantasies :lol: )

Julie, how are your little ones doing? Have they started school yet? How's the heat up in WI? I watched Dog the Bounty Hunter last night, they had to capture "Ili", one of the gals that worked with them before. I hope I or any member of my family never appears on that show for jumping bond :lol:

Angie, are you guys hooking back up w/all the other accounts you weren't servicing while you did the storefront? I bet those accounts will be glad to be rid of those crappy frozen donuts :lol: Enjoy the rain while it's here.

Anyways, I guess I should get back to work for now. The boy gets out of school @ 1 pm so I'm sneaking off after that.

Dips'n'twists
07-27-2005, 08:31 PM
NYC if soooooo HOT :hot: !! I'm melting away. My appetite is completely deminished. These days I only eat soup because I just don't get hungry when I'm hot.Instead I'm thirsty as ****. The SBD requires you to eat quite a bit of food to keep your metabolism going so I eat what is required but I'm not enjoying it because I'm just not hungry these days. IMAGINE THAT!! :?: :shrug: I guess I'll use it to my advantage for now because I know my appetite will return with a vengance this winter.

Noelle- You proud-mom-of-a-yellow-belt, you. Good for your son on his accomplishments. As previously mentioned it's hot over here. I would say hot as **** but we need to be about 10 degrees cooler to be **** :devil: Boy oh boy can the customers drive you nuts! I feel your pain, babe.

Cal- Hey girl. Back to school soon,huh. Me too! I'm kinda nervous, though. It's been a little while since I've been in a classroom but I am sooooo ready! I'll probably be picking your brain real soon. What subjects do you teach again ? ;)

Angie- Things seem to be moving along smoothly for you. It is so good to see yo here more often. You're like our rock. Enjoy the rain. I'm enjoying mine.

Kempy- Joe is evil and should be destroyed :devil: But if the brownies are really tasty then send me a couple :lol:

J- How ya been. What's up with the little ones, are they hittin' the books yet?

Okay, I'm going to call my BF who is at work as always. He's been so busy that the other nigh he almost spent the night at work but then thought better of it and came to my place. He's so tired these days but hopefully he'll have normal hours after thursday. We'll see. Later, girls!

calnative
07-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Dips: I had to answer your question. I am certified to teach all subjects; I'm qualified to teach Reading, Writing, Science, and Social Studies; I teach 7th grade Reading and Writing. Funny, my assistant principal said that nearly all the 7th graders last year scored above 80% on the writing test last spring. I told her that they sure hid that ability from me. :lol: I used to proof read papers in college and my sister still sends me papers to proofread. If you need any proofreading let me know.

Noelle: Congrats for your boy!! That's great. Ashley went with a couple of friends to their karate class and now she's hooked. I'm not sure if it's something that she would stay with, but I've been thinking about letting her try. I'm staying at the same school this year, but Ashley is going back to the one nearest our house because I want her to meet more kids in our neighborhood. We'll see how it goes.

Angie: It is so good to see you here more often. Enjoy the rain while it lasts. We've been getting some rain most evenings, but, unfortunately, it does not cool off any. Well...maybe it does a little...from 108 to 102 last night. :lol:

Hello to Kempy, Cherie, and Julie. Stay cool!!

Cal

jbbm
07-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi girls

Noelle, congrats to little Michael. That is something to be proud of. That Dog episode sounds good, I am bummed I missed it. You know his wife is staring to grow on me. I like her. My kiddos go back to school in Sept.

Dips that is the one positive thing about really really hot weather, I don't feel like eating much either. I know what you mean about the "winter appetite" I get it every year ;). We need a little extra food to keep us warm,lol.

Kempy your husband loves brownies too? Mine does that is for sure. Last week I toasted some pecans in the oven while the brownies were a baking and topped them with the roasted nuts, carmel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream....turtle brownies. We love brownies here!

Angie how are you feeling with the shop closed up? That is great that the landlord bought some shelves. Great about idea hanging the shelves at home!

Cal I wish my kids wore uniforms to school. It would cut down the cost for clothes and such. Stay cool girl.

Cherie, how are you doing? I hope everything is okay. I still need your new address when you get the time. Miss ya.

Well I am going to chug a huge glass of water to try and get my "bloatation" under control. I have a pms headache and just feeling bloated. But I am not going to let that stop me from getting on with the day. Sorry I have not been on the last couple of days, just have been busy and my mind has been out there. Okay check back later!! Have a great day everyone!!

jbbm
07-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Noelle, since you are such a big Tommy Lee fan :lol:, I saw he has a reality show coming up with him going back to college. Dh wants to watch it. Should be interesting. I miss the fall line up of shows.

Just wanted to mention that. Dd just wanted to eat lunch so I warmed up three pieces of frozen pizza and she ate almost the entire three pieces. She is such a tiny thing, she must be having a growth spurt....if I ate three pieces of pizza the scale would probally be up four pounds tomorrow. LOL
Gotta, run my dd lost one of her dolls....Emergency :lol:. And the phone will not stop ringing, okay time for lunch.... :blah:.

jbbm
07-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Good Night Girls

I hope everyone had a good Thursday....tomorrow is Friday!! I actually did stay OP today and controlled portions even though it is my "craving" time. So I feel good. I have not had an OP day in a longggg time. Well I am going to go finish watching House Hunters. Love that show, even the repeats. I was trying to make a grocery list tonight of some healthy things. Angie did you get to the store yet or are you still calling the pizza man? LOL.

Hi Everyone :).

Kempyd
07-29-2005, 09:30 AM
BUMP UP!

I am out the door to work and then we are going to New Orleans for a Ducks Unlimited convention. I'll chat Sunday when we get back.

jbbm
07-29-2005, 11:54 AM
Good Morning Girls

Bye Kempy :wave:have a great time this weekend.

What up for the weekend everyone?

Angie I am sure you will be enjoying your time at home not having to drive to the shop, that is if you are all done there. Hope so!

The weather here is beautiful. But we are going to get very muggy and hot again. Hopefully we will get some rain, it is so dry. Mosquitos are still out though, poor ds woke up and is got some mosquito bites. I am going to have to put some cream on them. My "little" brother is turning eighteen. He is not so little anymore, he is like six foot four. Hard to believe, I remember changing his diapers and picking him up from daycare. It was like he was one of my kids. LOL. I am going to try and find him some kind of funny gift.

Well off of here for now and enough babbling from me.

Hi Noelle, Cherie, Angie, Kempy, Cal and Dips. Have a great weekend. :) :)

jbbm
07-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Hey girls the weekend is coming to a close. I hope you all had a good one. The weather here is so hot. But great sunshine. I had a nice family weekend.

Good Night All!!

jbbm
07-31-2005, 10:28 PM
I hope to see more of you girls this week. I will try and pop in too more this week, I might be busy a couple a days though. Miss you guys. :) :)

angieME
08-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Good Morning. We had a pretty nice weekend here too. I went and played with the kittens for a while. This Saturday is my Moms best friends birthday so I am going to make a peepee cake and they are going to come over and we are gonna surprise her with a little party. :lol: I hope the cake comes out good. :lol: Jay made a donut shaped like a big dick once for a girl who worked with us and it came out so good. Hahaha She loved it.

Well, we are officially out of the bakery. I hung the sign on my bakery out here. It is big.

Me and Brit were looking through pics last night and I came across all of the ones I took when I lost my weight last time. It makes me want to cry that I have gained ALL of my weight back within the last 2 years time. I have so much work ahead of me again.

Well, I am off to find some breakfast but I will check back in a while to see if anyone has posted.

jbbm
08-01-2005, 11:01 AM
Good Morning Girls

Angie to funny about the cake. She will be surpised that is for sure. Now that you are done in the bakery, you will have more time to focus on yourself. I remember all the healthy suppers you made and you always ate your cereal for breakfast and you had time to take your walks. You will find your way. Don't ever give up on yourself! I was looking at old pictures last night too with dh. It was so funny seeing his old party days college pictures. I am glad he has calmed down with age. I noticed how much I have aged! Only if we could look eighteen forever!

Kempy did you have a nice trip?

Cherie, how are you? Thinking about you and hoping everything is going all
right.

Dips are you surviving the heat? It is hotter than you know what here.

Noelle I hope you had a relaxing weekend. And got to de-stress some more.

Cal stay nice and cool if you can. I bet you are busy getting ready to go back to school.

Check back later girls.

jbbm
08-01-2005, 11:06 AM
I wanted to mention if you don't hear from me, it might be because of our "new" computer. It is just been trouble since we got it a couple of months ago. First the monitor needed to be sent back and then it eats a computer game in the dvd drive and shreds it to pieces inside. That was a total mess, sharp pieces. So they are sending parts. What a mess. Oh well.

melekalikimaka
08-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Hey girls, happy Monday. I'm up bright and early as I need to grab a shower before work. It's been so muggy here at night, yuck! The weekend was fun, we went to a big beach party for all of the karate dojos on Saturday. They had the kids do all kinds of relay games and even had mock sumo wrestling rings :lol:. Michael and Rick hit the beach after lunch and I ambled across the street to Borders and browsed for a long time enjoying the A/C. Yesterday we didn't do too much except maybe drive around town. Took some pics of the new rims/tires we got on the car though, I'll try to post some if I can resize them Ok. Rick and I were looking at real estate listings online. The housing prices are so ridiculously high here--remember a few years ago when I used to grumble about a 3 bedroom house going for $380K? Well its well over $580K now. Gosh. We have been looking for just vacant land parcels that we could buy to put a house on. Not many of those to go around since this is a small island. But if we did find something, we have a gen. contractor friend who could put up a really nice 2 story custom house for about $150K. Of course, ideally, if my parents would seriously consider selling their house to me....well, that would be nice and sweet.

Angie, you guys are too funny w/your cakes and do"nuts" :lol: We have a candy shop out here that makes lollipops and stuff for wedding showers like that. Have fun at the surprise party, sounds like a hilarious time. Hey girl, I've been feeling kinda depressed w/myself as well how I let myself gain the weight back. It's up to us ain't it? To get up the mojo and work it off again. I know we can do it. Don't forget, we're all beautiful women here no matter the size. :)

Julie, that computer sounds scary. That's a bummer when you drop money on a pricey item like a computer and you have mechanical problems so early on. Hope you get it fixed Ok. Without you, this thread may have long disappeared! :eek: Wow, I didn't know you had another brother that young. 18 huh? So what kind of funny gift did you find him? If you were closer to Angie maybe she could've made you a some kind of girlie cake :lol: Just kidding!

I gotta get a move on. Have a great day everyone, be back later.

angieME
08-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Julie, Good luck with your puter. I know what a pain in the *** they can be but can you imagine never having one again? :yikes: I dont think I could do it. :lol: Mine has been funky lately and some days I want to throw it out the window. haha. I hope you can get it fixed without leaving us.

Noelle, I know it is sup to us. I just cant figure out why food is so important to me. I mean I know it will be the death of me but yet I still overeat. I can barely walk in the mornings now but let me tell you when I am hungry fruit is not my first choice. :lol: I am like a big baby when it comes to limiting my food. :lol:

Wow, You guys live on a gold mine. Damn. I hope you and Rick can find something you like. Houses here are so cheap. We complain if something is over $125,000.00

I am off to eat lunch. Subway. Big surprise, huh?

Be back later

jbbm
08-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Noelle nice to see you. You are up early there sunshine :). Your weekend sounds really nice. Michael must have loved it. We went to a church picnic where my dd will be attending pre-school. Can't wait to see the pics. That would be sweet if your parents let you buy the house. Maybe it will happen someday, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. That would be so awesome if you and Rick could build too. It was alot of fun building this house, minus the morning sickness I had at the time :lol:. I would love to build another one. I don't think dh would want to move though. When the kids are grown he just might though. But anyway the cost of a home is just out of this world. My brother who lives in the San Fran area with his wife can't believe the prices out there either. Of course he is from here though, and the cost of living is cheaper but still everytime you turn around I see prices going up. It sucks. We can't go to the grocery store and just spend twenty dollars anymore for just milk and this and that.
Anyway that is a good idea about the cake, to bad I can't get a cake from Angie for him. He would just about fall over, he is so shy. I thought about getting him something but I went for giving him cash. What more can an eighteen year old want? I was twelve when he was born. My mom had it great because I took care of him non-stop!! But I loved it.

Angie computers are a complete pain but I don't know how I would live without one. Talking to you girls, looking up recipes and talking to my brother through it. Subway sounds really good, I have a craving now.

Off to make lunch. I ate a big huge bowl of oatmeal this morning. It was good. I love oatmeal even in the summer because you can make it so many different ways. Okay enough chatter from me. Check back later!!

Kempyd
08-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Hey guys. I have a few minutes before I have to take Echo to the vet. She just has to get her yearly shots but it is a pain to get there. This weekend was fun but I over did it Friday night so I stayed in the bed ALL day Saturday until around 4. That is when I finally started to feel like a human being again. They asked Joe to be one of the Co-chairmen for the state convention in two years and then be the chairman in three. (they have to get them in order a few years in a row) They also want me to be a part of it too. What can I say, those guys love me. :lol: I am glad to be home but I am still kind of tired.

Angie I know that now that you are at home you will fall right back into your routine. You are one of the strongest people I know and I have all of the faith in the world that you will do whatever you set your mind to.

Julie Joe's little sister just turned 18 this year and it really does seem weird to me. He says that I treat her like a little kid but sometimes I can't help it. She still seems like the little girl I met 10 years ago.

Noelle if your parents did sell where in the world would they move to? I thought our pirces where growing here but you guys have us beat. The house across the street from us sold last year for $205,000 and that to me is pretty darn high. I know you guys have been looking for something as long as I have been chatting with you so I hope things work out.

Cherie I hope all is ok with you. Did you get anything from me in the mail?

Cal have you melted over there yet?

Dips what's going on in the big apple?

Ok, I am going out ot let the dogs out and run around with them for a bit. I'll check back later.

jbbm
08-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Kempy that is the kind of Saturday I want staying in bed until 4! But I hope you were not :barf:!! I would just love to sleep all day. Good luck at the vet. I remember bringing my lab there and she just hated it.

jbbm
08-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Hi girls, I am totally tempted right now to eat a dessert to cure some indegetion. We grilled out tonight and I ate to many raw onions with my dinner....ice cream sundaes or tums?? I know which one sounds better :^:.

jbbm
08-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Good Night All

I did not give into the ice cream. So that is good. Not to much else to report. Just wanted to see if anyone was here tonight.

I hope we all have a great day tomorrow. Hi Angie, Noelle, Kempy, Cherie, Cal and Dips.

angieME
08-02-2005, 07:45 AM
Good Morning everyone. Well, I did it...yesterday was a totally OP day. My first one in forever it seems. It was really by mistake I think. Me and Brit were busy looking up jeans for her on ebay so I was too busy to go eat anything that I shouldnt. I dont know what I will do tonight for distraction.

Well, I just wanted to check in. I will be back later.

angieME
08-03-2005, 10:30 AM
New link to a new month. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=921344#post921344