South Beach Diet - Phase 1 Start - Tuesday July 5th

View Full Version : Phase 1 Start - Tuesday July 5th

1day@atime
07-04-2005, 12:13 PM
Here we go again! I'm recommiting to start phase 1 again. I know I can do it, i've done it before but always quite when I start to see results. I've been reading all your forum's and I"m ready to lose this weight. I need all the support I can get.

gelasia
07-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Happy 4th ! I will be starting phase one tomorrow aswell! Good Luck! :)

GettinFit
07-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Hi Patty,

I just started Phase 1 yesterday and like you, I'm ready to get this extra weight off. You're right, if we put our minds to it we can do it. Let's just stay focused and take it one day at a time.

TexasPixiStix
07-04-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm staring phase 1 tomorrow for the second time also! Good luck guys, We can do this! :)

Liliann
07-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Good luck! You can do it!

Sheba's Mom
07-04-2005, 01:22 PM
:wave: Hi everyone starting P1 again. :lucky: Good luck to all of you!!

1day@atime
07-04-2005, 06:14 PM
I am ready to start ph1 tomorrow. Just got back from grocery store, getting ready to cut up some veggies, so I'll be all set.

Are you all going to do any type of exercise? I'm getting on the treadmill for 20 minutes each day. That's my committment for the first week.

CA85
07-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Best of luck!

TexasPixiStix
07-04-2005, 07:24 PM
My commitment is to get on the elliptical machine for at least 20 mins and do some strength training at least twice this week. It is so hard to start working out but once you do it for a couple of weeks you begin to look forward to it.

I have not been able to go to the grocery store yet but I plan on doing that tomorrow morning since I havenít been able to make a grocery list.

CA85
07-04-2005, 07:36 PM
It definately is hard to start working out consistantly...I'm addicted to the treadmill now, which is great.:) I just have to start strength training...it's boring to me, so I have to learn to just enjoy it.

GettinFit
07-04-2005, 07:43 PM
I plan to do the WATP videos. I'll start out with the 1 mile this week and move up to the 2 mile video next week. I'm aiming for 3 days this week.

joe anne
07-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Hi Ladies
I am ready to start tomorrow also :cb:
So far I've been consistant with exercising at 25 minutes or more, so now I need to work on the food part.

Good luck and I'll check on you lighter ;)

1day@atime
07-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Wow, we have got a great group of ladies here. I know we can do it. Let's try and post each day to give support, encouragement or whatever else we need. Looking forward to getting to know you all as we venture on this new WOL (way of life). I know we can do it, we just have to take it one day at a time!

K@t
07-05-2005, 04:10 AM
Morning every one,

I guess it must be the middle of the night for most of you though. (9am here) It sounds like a lot of people are going back to phase 1. I never got off of it, but never really stayed on. I'm doing phase 1.5 I have a little fruit here and there, but no carbs for the most part. I know I should stay to phase 1 better for a few weeks, :nono: but work makes it hard. I did start excerising though thanks to the July exercise challenge. :cb: If I hadn't posted there I doubt I would be making myself do any thing.

Well, hope every one is having a great day, its another sunny day here in the Lisbon area, :flow2: maybe me and hubby will make it out to the beach some time this week. :beach: My new car is already dirty, only 4 days old...geezz.. :yikes: I'm going to go wash it after lunch.

Schatzi
07-05-2005, 07:03 AM
Just wanted to pop by to welcome all you Newbies and Cheer all you Phase Oners and 1.5ers ;) on!!!!!!

YOU CAN DO THIS !!!!GET HEALTHIER ONE DAY AT A TIME LADIES!!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

little chick
07-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Welcome Chicks. I too am doing a modified phase 1 as I have done the regular one atleast a dozen times. I just can't give up my fruit. :^:
There could be worse things in life to eat. I am also trying to make sure that I eat atleast 25 grams a fiber a day. I have bowl trouble in my family and I don't want to end up down the same road as my mom, uncle and know my sister is starting to have troubles as well. We have a great bunch on chicks here so you will get lots of support. :D

Ruthxxx
07-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Rah! Rah! for the ONEers. Remember that you may feel a bit wobbly the first few days on Phase I and may have to take it easier on the exercise.
Go, GIRLS, and welcome to the first time posters.
Be sure to read the Phase I handbook in this Forum as well as the FAQ Section.

kyemom
07-05-2005, 10:00 AM
I felt weird this morning when I woke up. I got out of the shower and felt very lightheaded and queazy. (Like being preg...but that is not it!!lol) I am on day 6 of Phase 1 and been very good. I think the lack og carbs is catching up with me...Def no strenuous excercise today.

Schatzi
07-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Hi Kyemom, yep, you'll feel a bit wonky the first week... it gets better ..I decided no exercise during phase 1--except for leisure paced walks , just to allow my body to detox and get use to South beachin...I added it right back in when I went to phase 2. Try not to do tooo much on PH1 okay?

Barb0522
07-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Make sure you are drinking enough water and that you are getting enough healthy carbs - lots of vegetables and things like beans/legumes. And I agree that taking it easy on the exercise is smart in phase 1.

kyemom
07-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Thanks girls, now I know I am not just a wimp..lol

1day@atime
07-05-2005, 01:14 PM
Hello Ladies,

So far so good, trying to drink lots of water. I've done this before and I know the key for me is being prepared with approved foods, otherwise I eat whatever is available. Also eating my veggies.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

jenne1017
07-05-2005, 01:45 PM
YAY for being prepared!!!

TexasPixiStix
07-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Hey girls! First day has been going alright so far even though i miss my Dr Pepper for lunch, but i have discovered sugar-free kool-aid and it rocks! :o
Dinner tonight should be interesting. I plan on making Tilapia with some veggies with a chocolate shake for dessert (found the receipe on this we site). I bought the ingredients for the breakfast cheese cake receipe i found on here and may try to make that for tomorrow!

Good Luck to everyone!

Gitterdone
07-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Hey everyone!! And good luck to you all!!

I started phase one again today and plan on being VERY strict on it as I have to be in a swimsuit by 7/16/05. My problem tends not to be the food part, but the exercise and beer! ;) I am going to try cooking more of the recipees too as ff hotdogs are getting OLD!!!

joe anne
07-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Ok Ladies
I think I am gonna do phase 1.5 since the diabetes thing is still a big issue. I'll do 1 fruit and some nuts to make it work.
So far things are good on my stretch of the Beach :wave:

1day@atime
07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies,

Got through day 1 with no problems. Last night I got on the treadmill for 20 minutes. My goal tonight is 25 minutes. One of my problems is my meals. I tend to eat the same thing over and over then I get tired and go off. One of my short term goals is to try something new. So i'm going to look at the recipes and find something to make.

JoAnne - You do what works for you. You definitely don't want to mess around with diabetes. Even with a modifed version you will still lose weight.

Gitterdone - I too have the problem with exercise, and I also tend to eat the same stuff. I haven't tried the ff hot dogs, that actually sounds good.

TexasPixieStix - How was the tilapia? Did you grill it or bake it? That chocholate shake sounds good.

We'll I need to run, getting ready to eat my luch. I have a large green salad, with tomatos and cucumbers, some turkey breast, hard boiled egg white and moz cheese, for dessert ff jello.

Hope you all are having a great day!

TexasPixiStix
07-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey Girls! Hope everyone's "day 2" is going well. I was a little upset this morning when i weighed myself with my new scale. It said i was 4 lbs more than my other one! Well i checked with 2 other scales and sadly the new scale was right. :yikes: Anyhow, today at work was my first challenge when i had to watch the other girls eat what i normally would have but i sticked to my leftovers. Ever notice that when you first go on a diet everyone offers you what you can't have but what you really want? What i really miss is my starbucks! For me, coffee just does not taest the same without sugar (splenda and other artifical sweetners do nothing for me). :coffee2:

1 day--The Tilapia was pretty good grilled. :hungry: It is one of the only fish i will eat since it doesn't have a "fishy" taest. The chocholate shake was alright too!

kyemom
07-07-2005, 09:36 AM
I miss Starbucks too...I went there yesterday and orderes a SF, FF 3 equal vanilla latte.....YUCK...not quite a white chocolate mocha with Whipped cream.....that sugar alcohol in the SF syrup made it taste so weird.....I wish I could have a real starbucks!!

TexasPixiStix
07-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Hey ladies! Hope everyone is doing well today. Well i lost 3 lbs since Tuesay, but i just had Dannon light and fit/carb control yogurt for breakfast. It has 3 grams of carbs, one of which is 1 gram of sugar. :(
I know i am not supposed to have sugar and am dissapointed. I looked in the SB book to see if it said how may grams of carbs i can have daily but could not find it. Its been a while since i read to book cover to cover so i probably was not looking in the right place. Do yall have an idea? :?:

Thanks!

**for what its worth, it taested pretty good :devil: **

Barb0522
07-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Melinda - The book doesn't tell you how many carbs you may have because South Beach is not a low carb diet - it is a good carb one. For yogurt in phase 1, you want a no sugar added, fat free plain yogurt such as Dannon Plain. In phase 2, I eat Blue Bunny Light yogurt. Most of the low carb ones have stuff added that is not allowed on South Beach. Kroger has a store brand of light yogurt that is great for phase 2 as well - and I love their apple flavor.

GettinFit
07-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Hello All :wave:

I have been on the Beach now for 5 days and I'm lovin it. I have lost 8 pounds so far and have not had any cravings for junk food. It is amazing how my cravings have disappeared! I am so glad that I decided to give this a try. I know I can reach my goal following this plan. I hope everyone else is doing okay.

TexasPixiStix
07-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Good job gettinfit! Keep up the good work!! :D

1day@atime
07-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Hello Ladies,

Last night got on the treadmill again for 25 minutes and i'm suppose to get on it again tonight, but I just don't feel like it. Work has been real stressful and I have the blabs. I made the commitment to exercise 4 days this week, I have two down and two more to go. Food wise i'm not really hungary. It's wierd the way you lose your cravings and your appetite. Having a hard time with my water today too.

Texaspixistix - When you grilled your tilapia. How long did you grill it? Did you put any seasoning on it? WTG on your 3 lb loss.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

1day@atime
07-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Hello ladies,

just a quick hello. Eating my veggies for lunch and drinking my water. I did not exercise last night, so it's on my schedule for tonight.

going to print off some recipes and try something new this weekend.

GettinFit
07-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Hello All,

I hope everyone had a good day. I did okay today but I missed my afternoon snack and started to feel a bit tired in the late afternoon. I've had dinner now and am feeling much better. I won't let that happen again. I see how important it is to eat every meal and every snack. Since this was my first week on the Beach, I didn't do any exercise but next week my goal is to start out slow with Walk Away the Pounds 3-4 times.

1day@atime: Let us know what yummy recipes you make.

TexasPixiStix
07-09-2005, 01:59 PM
I have not been able to jump on the eliptical these past couple of days because i have felt so "blah". Maybe it is the withdrawl of carbs from my diet. :dz:

My plan is to get on the eliptical tomorrow for at least 20 mins and go at a slow pace. I just need to get my butt in gear and get into the habit of doing it or else i never will!

Also yesterday i had a major break though i would like to share. I was at a friend house playing cards and was SURROUNDED by junkfood. In fact, all the junkfood i loved. It was so so hard to not cheat but some how, some way, i did it! Go me!

silas32303
07-09-2005, 02:08 PM
I too am recommitting to this phase.I started today and have done well.I have 10 lbs to lose by July 28th for my vacation and I know this diet works if I stick to it.I am having stomach growls constantly today but no hunger pains yet.Good.I need some re-enforcement from everyone.I have goofed off for a month now and need to get back on the diet wagon.

GettinFit
07-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Way to go TexaxPixiStix on resisting the junkfood! I know how hard that can be. Keep up the good work.

1day@atime
07-09-2005, 04:52 PM
Hello Ladies,

PixieStix - WTG on passing up all that artery clog junk food. YOU GO GIRL! Now get off you hiney and get on that eplitical.

Silas - No need for stomach growls. Get some food in there. Have some cucumbers, tomatos, a cheese stick, ff jello. Don't let yourself get hungary.

As for me not doing good today. I had a blind date and off course didn't want him to know i'm watching my weight so I ate a burger. Yep with fries. After I ate it I was thinking it really wasn't worth it. But i did it and now I have to move on. So i'm jumping back on track. Oh, and to top it off this morning It looks like I weight 4 lbs lighter.

Hope everyone is having a great saturday!

GettinFit
07-10-2005, 04:08 PM
1day@atime you're right. Just forget about what happened yesterday and start anew today. Congratulations on your 4 pound loss. Hope your blind date went well :D

1day@atime
07-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Hello Ladies,

Still haven't got on the treadmill and i need to get 40 minutes in to meet my goal. Went grocery shopping so I should be set for a few days with fresh veggies.

Gettinfit - We'll I thought i went well, but I haven't heard from him today. One of my friends said not to be so anxious so i haven't called him. MEN!

Hope everyone is having a great day today!

GettinFit
07-10-2005, 07:54 PM
1day@atime: I know what you mean but hang in there and hopefully he'll call soon.

Is anyone else addicted to the scale? First thing every morning I hop out of bed and go straight to the scale. My goal this week is not to weigh until my official W/I day which is Sunday (that's a whole week :eek: ) It's going to be tough but I am going to give it a try. I want to focus on eating and exercise and not pounds.

pearshape
07-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Gettingfit, I so understand what you are saying. I'm gonna weigh in the morning then put it up for a week. It's weird but I'll weigh at night and be 3 or 4 lbs heavier than the next morning! Needless to say I don't weigh at night anymore lol! This is the TOM when I bloat up and seems I can't lose no matter what so since I've been good the last few days and most of the last week, I'm not gonna beat myself up no matter what it says. I'll just kiss it goodbye until next Monday!

GettinFit
07-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Good Morning Pearshape. Boy was it tough this morning not to hop on the scale. I forget to move it from the bathroom and when I saw it, I was so tempted to weigh but I made it without doing so. When I get home today the first thing I will do is move it so that it is not visable. Hopefully when I weigh on Sunday, I'll have a pleasant surprise. I hope when you weigh today, it's good news!

hereicome
07-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Rejoined on my own July 5th. Will join this group. Glad I refound this website. Guess I need to spen time and make a pretty posting.

1day@atime
07-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Hello ladies,

Gettinfit - I do the same thing, hop on the scale before I go to the bathroom and then after. I think when I see the loss it encourages me to stay focus. Of course when it's not a good reading and i'm thinking i've done well then I have to remind myself it's the scale.

hereicome - glad you found us.

Pearshape - one thing i noticed when i'm on SB and it's my TOM. I don't have any of the chocolate cravings that I use to have. I know that is what SB is about no cravings but I figured when I"m TOM they would be there.

What are you all eating for breakfast? I have been eating scramble eggs for breakfast, getting tired of that.

GettinFit
07-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Hello Ladies,

Welcome to the group hereicome.

1day@atime: I don't like eggs so I've been eating canadian bacon, V8 juice, skim milk and a cup of coffee w/sf hazelnut coffeemate. I can't wait to have a slice of whole grain toast w/ peanutbutter!

Hope everyone had a good Monday. So far I've had a good day. I FINALLY got started exercising today. I did a Walk Away the Pounds Video and it felt so good. My goal is 3-4 times this week.

TexasPixiStix
07-12-2005, 07:33 AM
Hello ladies! I hope everyone is doing well. I finally got off my butt this morning and jumped on the eliptical for 20 mins. Now i just have to keep it up! ;)

Gettenfit/Pearshaped: I've decided not to look at the scale until after the end of phase one or longer. This morning i weighted myself and i didn't loose anything when i know i have been real good with my diet. I don't get hungrey anymore at night and i don't eat as much at meal time. Plus this my TOM also so i doubt i would loose any weight during it. I hope the added exercise will help also.

Hereicome: Welcome!!! :D

GettinFit
07-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Good Morning Ladies and Happy Tuesday :wave:

Way to go TexasPixiStix with the exercise :bravo: I finally got off my butt yesterday and did the Walk Away The Pounds 1 Mile Super Challenge video. I felt really good afterwards. Hopefully it will help the fat come off faster :lol:

This morning when I got up my first inclination was to get on the scale but thankfully I've moved it out of the bathroom so it takes effort to go get it. I am NOT going to weigh until Sunday :nono:

Hope all you beach chicks have a great Tuesday!

hereicome
07-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Good evening, I work 12 hr. shifts, so I don't get on the computer till now.I think I might try to resist the scale tomorrow, maybe even longer !! I resisted free chinese food at lunch, so that sure saved tons of calories. I was quite proud of myself for it. Got the 1 oz bag of nuts for an evening snack and I didn't even finish tham. Eating salad, all all the other stuff I am suppose to do. Looking forward to some legal fruit and sandwhich bread. HEREICOME

GettinFit
07-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Congratulations hereicome on resisting the FREE Chinese food. I'm proud of you too! Keep up the good work and you'll be at your goal before you know it. I am looking forward to having fruit again too. I've already decided that when I start Phase 2 on Sunday, I'm having some cherries :eating2:

pearshape
07-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Good Job sticking with it, ladies! Stay OP!!!!

TexasPixiStix
07-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Hereicome: Resisting chinese food would be very difficult for myself as well. I used to eat it at least once a week. I am also looking forward to phase 2. I miss my fruit!

I didn't exercise this morning :( . I have to leave for work at around 8 and i am not a morning person. It is so hard to get up a hour earlier to exercise and then by the time i fright traffic to get home, its time to eat dinner. So by the time i let my food settle it is too late to work out. These sound like excuses but i have to figure something out. Is exercising at night bad? (around 7pm?) I heard it keeps your metabolism up and you can't fall asleep.

1day@atime
07-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Hello ladies,

Texaspixistix - I never heard that exercising at night is bad. I'm kinda of in the same boat, EXCEPT I say i'm too tired at night. I leave work at 7:15am and don't get back in the house til 6:45 - 7:00pm. by the time i eat, put a load of laundry in, or something it's like 8:45-9:00..i'm just too tired by then, but I know I should. I thinking why not try and see if it does mess up your sleeping. It doesn't hurt to try.

Hereicome - WTG on passing up Chinese food. YOU GO GIRL

I need to get back on track with my exercise. I did it twice last week and have not this week.

TexasPixiStix
07-13-2005, 04:02 PM
I asked this same question to the girls in the fitness forum and most of them exercise at night also, so there! I don't have an excuse! :tread:

GettinFit
07-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Hello ladies, I hope everyone had a good day.

TexasPixiStix: I usually exercise in the evening and I don't have a problem sleeping. In fact, I think I sleep better :yawn:

Today I did Walk Away The Pounds 2 mi video :tread: I'm trying to get back in the habit of doing it 4 times a week.

pearshape
07-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Good for you ladies! I can't seem to get my butt up and exercise consistently! I've got to but once the rain quits and I can get out to the woods exercise it might be easier. I've been good on the diet part so I'm crossing my fingers that my lack of activity won't show up on the scale on Monday!!!!

hereicome
07-13-2005, 08:57 PM
I haven't worked on the excercising yet. Right now, I am happy with myself just to stay on track with the food. I am begining to get some mental feeling of well being because I am actually sticking to this way of life with my food. I did this last year and stayed on it 10 months until my husband was diagnosed with cancer, then everything changed. I didn't gain all the weight back, but it was a 15 pound gain. I know I can do it and this works.Husband is through surgery and treatment and is now cancer free. I certainly want to be a healthy person myself and losing the weight is something I have control over.I still can't figure out how to make my ruler. I have to go back to read. I keep trying and I'm missing something.

GettinFit
07-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Hereicome: I'm glad your husband is doing better. I also want to lose weight not just to look good but to be healthy. It's encouraging to know that you stayed on SB for 10 months. I really like this way of eating and I plan to stick with it for life. My SIS and BIL started SB on Monday and I am so happy because they both need to lose weight. My sister and I are very close and I want her to be healthy too.

You guys are all such an inspiration to me. Keep up the good work!

pearshape
07-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Mornin'!! Hope everyone is having an OP day! I've only cheated once since the 5th (even though I was stupid and start P1 2 days b4 a July 4th camping trip....yeah right lol) but I plan to stay on P1 through the end of the month, then I'll slowly be adding fruit and grains, etc. I can't wait to weigh on Monday, hopefully most of my TOM water weight will be gone. I made a new version of the milkshake that is sooooo good, I'll post it in the recipe section! Stay good ladies and have a fabulous day at the beach :) !

GettinFit
07-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Hello all,

Hope everyone had a lovely day. So far so good for me. I've made it through day 12 of Phase 1. I am so looking forward to starting Phase 2 on Sunday. I want some cherries so bad :dizzy: I haven't had any this year and I love them.

1day@atime
07-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Hello Ladies,

just a quick hello. Doing good on my food. This weekend will be hard, I"m having a barbeque at my house. All the good stuff will be there, chips,dips, potato salad, pasta salad.

will post more tomorrow...

GettinFit
07-15-2005, 06:34 AM
Morning 1day@atime, Hope your Bar B Q goes well :) . Just do your best to stay on program. Fix some things you can eat, drinks lots of water and send the leftovers home with your guests. Have a great day!

1day@atime
07-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Hello Ladies,

Barbeque went great, but unfortunately my eating did not. And boy am i'm paying for it today. I have been so sluggish. Guess its from all the carbs I ate yesterday. I'm not prepared with foods, but thinking I will restart phase 1.

pearshape
07-18-2005, 07:11 AM
Don't worry 1day@atime, just get back on P1. You can do it!

Ruthxxx
07-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Last day of the Phase I - July 5th starters is today. I'll close this tomorrow
Is everyone going to post their losses?

GettinFit
07-18-2005, 09:15 PM
My total loss for Phase 1 was 12 pounds :cb: I started on 7/3. Today was my 2nd day on Phase 2 and so far so good. I hope everyone is doing okay. I'll be cheering for you all during Phase 2 :cheer:

1day@atime
07-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Gettinfit - WTG on you 12 loss :cp: :cp:

I didn't do as well, the bbq and stresses at work got to me (i know not a good excuse) but i was down 3 lbs.