Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 10:02 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Smile July chat

Hope everyone had a good weekend and Happy 4th of July to all of you

I had a pretty good weekend and stayed the same weight wise despite the birthday thing and a bbq I got some gift certificates to about 5 different stores so I will be doing my birthday shopping this week.

I am off to a good start today, drank lots of water today and dusted off my DVDs and set everything up to exercise tomorrow am
Old 07-04-2005, 07:38 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Happy Birthday again, Mauvais!!
Sounds like you had a great day!!
Old 07-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Happy Belated Birthday Mauvais! Have fun shopping!

Tiki
Old 07-04-2005, 11:41 AM   #4  

Thanks Tiki and ellis!
Old 07-04-2005, 02:55 PM   #5  
Pending Email Confirmation

Happy belated birthday from me too, Mauv.

It's going to be an ineresting month for me, so I'll probably be slacking a bit more than usual, I'm not even going to try a challenge this month. I'm moving end of this month, actually moving on my birthday, but that's okay. I guess I'll be getting pleanty of exercise by packing, and with the nice weather I'm going to try to go swimming more but I'm not going to put any more pressure on myself. *L*

Hubby and I are planning a weight loss challenge for each other in August though. Anyone ever tried doing on? I'd love some input. I like what they do on Weighing In on the Food network. Though of couse we don't have the luxury of a personal trainer or nutritionist. *L*
Old 07-04-2005, 03:28 PM   #6  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Happy Belated Birthday Mauvais mmmmm shopping

I'm enjoying my extra day off this weekend. Got some yard work and knitting in, and a couple of movies. Still have to put in a little time on work work today at some point, heh. I only have a three day work week as next Friday I'm off for more pagan camping. That reminds me, I need to get my camping supplies ready to go today, as I won't have much time once the work week starts.

I did a good job at the last event food wise, so hopefully this one will go as well. Luckily it's fairly easy to burn off a few extra calories when you're running around all day and into the night. & Speaking of extra calories, I'd better go get that homemade margarita bucket mixed and put in the freezer
Old 07-06-2005, 11:00 AM   #7  

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

It is still really hot and humid here so I am not getting outdoors as much. I am however managing to exercise indoors in the AC so that's been going okay.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #8  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Happy very belated birthday Mauvais! I am glad it was a good time.

Hi everyone! I am home.

I had a wonderful time! Happy to be home, but part of me would like to be back there. Unpacked, but not put away yet. Laundry is done at least. Work for the first time in 2 weeks tomorrow. Yuck.

Add my favorite pic from Vegas - that would be Teller from Penn & Teller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2064_sm.JPG (31.0 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by squeaker; 07-10-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:13 AM   #9  

Welcome back Squeaker - glad you had a good trip!

I would love to go to Vegas someday!
Old 07-18-2005, 10:46 AM   #10  

On Saturday I decided it was time to get my tush in gear. I have been waffling about lately and it has been to hot to exercise.

I need to lose at least 5lbs before mid -August so this morning I put the ac on in the livingroom and forced myself to do a pilates DVD - I actually feel better this morning and am more alert. Now I just have to do this everyday this week and stick to my eating plan

It's another scorching day here - 42c with the humidity! But DH and I have promised each other to go for a walk in the evening after supper.

BTW- one of the newscasters this morning said that during days this hot we needed to need to up our 8 glasses of water to 15 glasses - geeze- my teeth will be floating at that rate!
Old 07-24-2005, 08:38 AM   #11  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Missed this group too - geez

Happy belated birthday to Mauv and early wishes to Lizz!

Hope you both are NOT acting your age

I do most my chatting over at 30 somethings but I really like this group too!

Hope to chat with all of you regularly.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:55 AM   #12  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Squeaker - You are too darn cute.

Hi guys,

I'm two pounds away from my 10 pound goal for the month (which will get me back to the counter at the bottom of my signature - sigh). I bought a new bike - which I adore.

I'm stressed at work again - I started to have the heart palps again. What is up with that? The new guy we hired is not working out. He can't take direction well. He makes excuses a lot and when I actually write out directions for him, he follows the first instruction and ignores the rest. My boss and I sat down with him and went over the goals of the company and his faults to try to get him on the right track. He did it again that afternoon! I think my boss has finally had it with him. The only thing holding me back from saying, "Fire him." is that I spent 5 weeks training this guy! I so don't want to start this over again. But if things don't improve...

Sigh. I don't particularly like being the boss.

In other news, I'm brewing beer at an alarming rate. The Cute Boyfriend and I pulled out the old home brew stuff and started again. We bottled a Hefeweizen last night. I"m going to call it Hefebikin' in honor of the new wheels. It smelled wonderful. When you bottle, there's this moment where you're crossing your fingers because if it went bad, you would smell it. But it smelled just like it was suppose to. Woo! Tonight we've started an English Bitter.

How are you guys doing?
Old 07-26-2005, 09:29 AM   #13  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Cool Morning Chics!

Hope everyone had a good Monday - I woke up all stuffed up this am - stupid allergies.

And to make matters worse our dippy state of Oregon is once again trying to make laws to protect us from ourselves.

I understand there is a meth problem - but the solution now is to make pseudophed (the OTC that meth cooks use) a Rx product. Can you imagine having to go to the DR for a Rx for Nyquil? Only in Oregon. I love the state - it is pretty and we dont have sales tax but we do come up with some loo-loos every once in a while. So I have been stocking up on my Alavert-D - and when I run out I will just suffer until they invent something better.

It wouldnt be so bad if I had insurance and could afford to pop in to the Dr and pay for the exam that will be required before he writes the Rx.

Whatever - This was a rant - sorry.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:44 AM   #14  

pj- I hear you- I was reading the paper here this morning and they are doing a study at a cost of $135,000.00 of the tax payers money to determine whether or not the city needs a to set up a clinic to help drug users safely inject their drugs - WTF?!?!

Okay - so part of me thinks "yeah, we should help people get off drugs" but then the other part of me thinks "okay, so now we are helping people to do drugs?" I just don't know what to think anymore -

On another note - about 7 women in Kingston - not far from here- were ordained as priests yesterday Not my religion but good for them for challenging a patriachal system, especially when they keep complaining there is a shortage of men wanting to enter the priesthood these days. Apparently the new pope has excommunicated several women in Europe that were ordained this week - tch! I think women would make excellent priests - they have better listening skills and empathy than men do!

Maybe they are afraid that if women are priests we will take back the power we had when there were pagans and preistesses

Just my humble opinion
Old 07-26-2005, 10:31 AM   #15  

Just had the biggest laugh at the office this morning - we were discussing the women who were ordained as priests in Canada and I said "Gee, the world must think we are either the most open country or the most subversive/rebellious country - we break all the rules."

"First we are talking about decriminalizing marijuana, then we legalize gay marriages and then we ordain women ministers. I'm just waiting for the pot smoking woman priest to perform a gay marriage!"

The rest of the girls in the office were killing themselves laughing!
Closed Thread