South Beach Diet - question re thai delight

View Full Version : question re thai delight

nefarious_wytch
07-03-2005, 08:57 PM
one of my favourite side dishes is extremely simple but i don't know if it would be ok for phase 2. the worry is that it is deep fried. if anyone can tell me what they thing, please let me know (i really miss this side dish and would absolutely be in heaven if i could have it again).

deep-fried spinach

spinach
peanut oil

only deep-fry a handful of spinach for 30 seconds.

simple and delicious. any thoughts? can i have it again?

Schatzi
07-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Hi Nef, I'm on the fence on this one... Peanut oil and Spinach are both healthy items... I just can't seem to get past that "Deep Fried" part of the recipe :^:
Seems like the peanut oil would be absorbed into the spinach, and that sounds like toooo much of a healthy thing! I also count my calories staying between 1200 and 1400 a day...the calories in that much oil alone would sink me for the day! Just my 2 cents ;)

ellis
07-04-2005, 08:02 AM
I would definitely avoid that. :yes:
This is a "way of life" we're learning, and deep frying doesn't come into it. ;)

Ruthxxx
07-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Yup, deep fried anything is very caloric no matter what healthy oil it's fried in. I just stir-fry my spinach in olive oil and a bit of garlic and add some toasted pine nuts.

2BFIT1
07-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Sounds like way too much oil per serving. Why take a food that is healthy and low in carbs and turn it into a high-calorie item?

Islander
07-04-2005, 03:06 PM
I agree with the stir-fry. Much better for you.