UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 03:11 AM   #1  

Lightbulb July Duracell Bunnies Exercise Thread

I am a bit worried, it's the 3rd July and we don't have an exercise thread yet!!!

I went to the gym yesterday, then went shopping at the Trafford Centre. Their booklet says it is 15 000 steps around the centre, and since I did the classic look around all the shops then backtracked to buy what I wanted, I think that makes it 20000 at least!!! My pedomter isn't working.

Now off for my swim with my reinforced super goggles, to see if that helps my eyes.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:01 PM   #2  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for putting in the July exercise thread Kyk I put my pedometer on the other day, did some housework took the dogs on a short walk as Lew can't deal well with the heat at the mo...went grocery shopping and by the end of the day had clocked over 12,000, so I was pleased I was moving. Have been swimming daily, do a few lengths of my pool before lounging on the lilo...oh yes, does this count ladies? Playing water volleyball in the pool with the kids and Dave, they all laugh at me, as they're all taller than me, so when I get close to the net to hit the ball, I go under most time, but they can all reach the bottom and still have their heads above water...so I'm the delectible looking one that resembles a drowned rat the first time I get to hit the ball. It's all very good fun though
Old 07-03-2005, 06:21 PM   #3  

Well done, lazing on the lilo certainly does count, not sure how many calories you've burnt there but oh well!!! I did a lazy swim Sunday morning, on account of the pool being claimed by a flock/heard/gaggle of really annoying teenagers all from the local cadets. I growled at them a couple of times, they were very intimidating, and my swimming partners (all in their sixties) were so intimidated they left the pool, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Nasty kids. Lots of walking today, but no gym!
Old 07-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #4  

I tackled the gym yesterday, and did 30 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the bike an 20 on the cross trainer.

I nearly died when I got off the bike and thank god there weren't many people around - cause I think as I got off the bike my groans were rather... loud. Not used to riding the bike.... and now I walk like... ............well anyway.

But the good thing is, is that I've realised that I can't leave big gaps between gym visits, or the pain is too great!! I've packed my stuff and brought it to work today, so I'll be going after work. Long may my legs last....
Old 07-04-2005, 02:41 PM   #5  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Well done, gym bunnies!

I've been doing a lot of walking lately - over an hour a day. I seem to lose more weight when I walk than with any other form of exercise for some strange reason. Tonight it's an hour's bouncing though, so I should be nice and sweaty!

Janey
Old 07-05-2005, 01:27 AM   #6  

Last night after work I went to the gym and did 30 minutes cardio and then my leg weights. I was a bit slack last week coz I was off ill with my eyes, and it showed on the scales. Swimming this morning.

Where is frus and YP1?????
Old 07-05-2005, 03:17 PM   #7  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
Where is frus and YP1?????
Island hopping in the Canaries

Well, I'm not now, I'm back in sunny Leeds, but I was.

While I was there I mainly swam - three or four good 30 - 40 minute swims in Gran Canaria and one in La Palma. Also a 3km or so mountain walk in La Palma. One morning in La Palma I even got up early and ran up and down the sea front before breakfast. I didn't use the hotel gym though like I planned because it was only open stupidly short hours and I was never in the hotel for long enough when it was open. I didn't dive in the end as I didn't have enough time on GC between flights.

Anyway, I flew back overnight last night. I got home at 4.30am and went to the 24 hour tesco for healthy food to prevent the risk I'd end up getting a bacon sandwich on the way to work or takeaway tonight. I then slept for a couple of hours before going to the gym before work. 2 hours sleep. Lovely. I figured I'd feel more awake after a bit of exercise than with an extra hour in bed. I ran for 10 minutes, walked for another 20 up hills and then did some weights. I didn't want to do too much because...

TOMORROW IS RACE FOR LIFE!!! Eeek. I bought some safety pins today to prevent any last minute attaching my number panics, although I suspect I'll still have a last minute "eek, running round the park for 5k" panic. But I'm really proud of how much money I've raised, I was only expecting to get about £50 (aim low and you won't be disappointed ). If anyone feels inclined to donate, click here, otherwise check back tomorrow for an update!

Tomorrow morning I will go to the gym, but I'll just have a gentle swim so that I don't wear myself out before the run.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:43 PM   #8  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well Done YP exercising while on holiday..there must be an award for that surely

You walk like what? Kyk...John Wayne

Yaaaayy! I've just done 45 mins on my treadmill first exercise since I don't know when
Old 07-05-2005, 05:31 PM   #9  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

45 mins bouncing tonight.

Janey
Old 07-06-2005, 12:26 AM   #10  

I wanna bounce!!

(what's bouncing??)
Old 07-06-2005, 12:34 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat90
You walk like what? Kyk...John Wayne
er.... yes
Old 07-06-2005, 01:39 AM   #12  

I swum nearly a mile yesterday, the most ever lengths, and I did cardio at abs at lunch time! The duracell bunny is back!
Old 07-06-2005, 05:48 AM   #13  
In over my head

I lifted weights and walked up and down the stairs in our house for 30 minutes yesterday. Bear in mind that walking up the stairs two or three times is enough to wear me out. I have no idea how I managed 30 minutes. I was sweating and panting up a storm! The cats kept looking at me like I was mad, ears back and eyes popping out.

My calves are quite sore from the stairstepping so I'm just going to lift weights and work in the garden today.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:20 AM   #14  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Erm.. I'm here kyk.... But I haven't done any exercise apart from humping(!) boxes around in our move, then flaking out on the sofa after work (which has me walking an AMAZING zero steps every day!

I will get back to exercise! I will I will I will! I'm hoping to start weight training either tonight or kickboxing tomorrow! I just feel so pooped when I get in I can barely stand up! will try some gentle weights tonight! Will make me feel better!
Old 07-06-2005, 04:06 PM   #15  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I don't believe it.

Race for life day.

I went to the gym this morning, did some walking on the treadmill and some weights. Saving myself mainly for tonight.

You may recall from previous posts that my best time previously on the treadmill was somewhere in the region of 31-32 minutes. Nearer 32, to be honest. And that was without hills and without pouring rain.

Anyway, after a brief panic getting there (even though I live about a mile away and had arranged to go on a course instead of working this afternoon so that I knew I'd be able to get away at 5), and having a panic about what to eat before the race (not enough time to eat before, and I didn't want anything heavy, but I needed something), I got down there, and got absolutely soaked waiting for the start.

I got in a decent position at the start, I got past the start line after about 20 seconds, which wasn't too bad, but which I'll clearly be deducting from my overall time, just to make me feel better.

I'd never run a proper 5k race before, even though I've done the distance. And other people weaving in and out and those hills (plus running on wet grass for a fair part of the way) threatened to put me off my stride. Indeed there were times when I thought I was running fairly slowly compared to my usual pace.

So I was expecting to finish in maybe 33 - 35 minutes. So imagine my shock when I ran round the last corner and saw the clock. 28 minutes. 28!!! I sprinted to the finish, believe me, and clocked a somewhat amazing 28 minutes 37 seconds

And then to compound my delight the goodie bag included a huge bag of white chocolate maltesers. I wouldn't normally buy them, but as they're free, I'll use the "I've earned them" excuse.

But the best bit is my fantastic sponsors. As I said yesterday I was hoping for about £50. Last time I looked I was closing in on £350

fantastic.

10k next!
Closed Thread