Support Groups - Gettin' Together -- July 2005

View Full Version : Gettin' Together -- July 2005

kykaree
07-01-2005, 10:49 AM
:dizzy: Here I am!!!! I've been around just flying in and out when I get the chance. My poor eyes have been really sore, not sure if it's hayfever, reaction to chlorine at the pool or an infection, the first available doctors appointment is a fortnight away!!! :?: :shrug:

Sorry to hear about Howies grandma. I miss mine sooooooooo much, she's been gone 14 years, but it still hurts like mad. I was very lucky, as she was my best friend, and we very very close, and I know that she knew how I felt about her when she died. Her sister is still alive, the last of the family, she is 89 now, and just about to sell her home, where she has lived for over 60 years, and move to a rest home.

We're in for a nice quiet weekend, some shopping, and lots of walking and hopefully not too much eating. Colin has started getting Saturday AND Sunday off, so we have the whole weekend together, which is fantastic, but the temptation to over eat, and drink, is stronger than ever, so the moral of the story is.........keep busy!!!!! :p

treefrogtoes
07-01-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm here! I'm here!!

So darn busy in the summer... I'm taking 20 mins out of packing right now just to catch up with you all! We leave for camping right after Sam gets home, the 'fun' part is I get to go pick up her little sister (13 yo) who is coming with us! Needless to say I'm a little bit scared, being that I'm an only child, I have only ever had fur-babies, and we are going to MY great aunts farm, whom have never met Gina before... Yikes.

Kimberly - so sorry to hear about Howie's Grandma. And to go during such a busy weekend! (just kidding - ha ha) I have one remaining Great-Grandma, she's 103 yo, she's been out of it for several years though, the last time I saw her, she thought I was my dad's older sister home from college... ok, that was so 30 years ago!!! I can only hope that I am gone before I lose my mind.

Jill - Holy Cow!! I can only dream of that many numbers on my paycheck! What a great deal for you! I'm very impressed and a little jealous!

Kykaree - have a fabulous weekend, and I'll be keeping up with you, drink-to-drink! CHEERS!

Aimee - So glad you found a suit you like! I finally look good in the one I bought in March, several sizes smaller than what I was wearing at the time!

I'm out for the weekend ladies! Have a superb holiday weekend! ( in the US anyway, sorry Canada and England!)

SwimGirl
07-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Hey! We have a long weekend too! It's Canada Day today! July 1st :) For me it means I get paid time and a half for 8 hours, plus I have a shorter day. Also today is my last day at work before my vacation, AND I'm working with my FAV employee :) It'll be a fun day!

Nice to see you all made it back for a reply! :)

Kimberley - I'm sorry to hear about Howie's Grandma :(

Alrighty, thats all the time I've got! Have a great one gals :)

-Aimee

DianaLS
07-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey allll ;) ...lol...been MIA for over a week...hope all is going good...been soooo busy, have had very little time for anything :hyper: ...Still OP gonna weigh and measure this weekend...I started walking in the mornings b4 curves, but the last few days, whew, way toooooo hot for that really...tomorrow morning will give it another go...Not much else going on...Went out for lunch at a fave Ice-cream place the other day, and was finally able to enjoy a great meal, when this 5 year old kid takes a hand-ful of rocks and whips them at my Dh and me :tantrum: ...All over the table and food...His mother was about 50 yards away from us, at another table, and she acted like it was no big deal ... :rolleyes: nice, eh? Now, if he was sitting with his mother like he sould have been.....GRRRR!!!
On a sadder note. Heather's dad had a Heart-attack yesterday, I have no idea what is happeneing with her and him, but, when I know I will let you all know...HAG1...Diana

SwimGirl
07-02-2005, 12:34 AM
Hey ladies!

Kimberley - congrats on that weigh in! :)

Diana - send that warm weather my way please.. I'm starting my vacation tomorrow, and it's cloudy and cold out! So sorry to hear about Heather's dad, hope he's alright, I'm sure I speak for all of us, let her know we are thinking of her and keeping her father (and her of course) in our thoughts.

As for me! I had a crazy day at work, I'm SO tired, and just have a little more packing to do and I'm ALLL ready to go! I will try and get on here in my spare time while I'm away, take care, stay on plan and I'll talk to you soon!

-Aimee

DianaLS
07-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Awww...here is to hopeing you have wonderful weather on your vacations, trips, etc...Heather's dad is home, he had to have a stint put in yesterday, and is home today...So, all is looking up there...HAG weekend all!!!

kykaree
07-03-2005, 03:24 AM
Hi everyone. I went shopping yesterday, bought some sandals, a juicy tubes lip gloss, a dvd (Kath & Kim, Australian comedy series), a pull buoy for swimming, and some goggles (my eyes have been very sore, wondering if I picked up an infection at the pool) And then we went to see Batman begins at the cinema, which was very good, despite me not wanting overly to see it. I am celebrating being 100 kilos, the lowest I have been in 10 years!!!!!

The next big shopping trip will be in early September, I really want to be a size 18 UK (which is 14 in US) by then, I am hovering between a 22 and a 20 at the moment, so not impossible, and my dress that I want is at Monsoon, which is generous in their sizing, so fingers crossed!!! I have a friends wedding to attend, and will be doing a reading.

Well good people, I am off to try out the new goggles!

jillybean720
07-05-2005, 06:55 AM
Diana--Thanks for posting over in the June thread. I didn't know we'd made a July one! I only link to this through my User CP as a subscribed thread, so I didn't know anyone had started July! So, thanks to my blonde moment, here's an abbreviation of what I just posted in the June thread (I deleted some of it since it no longer applies :p ):

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th! :)

Well, Tuesday morning (though it feels like Monday) brings me good news--my scale read 294.5 this morning, so those 4 pounds I gained at last week's TOPS meeting are gone (for now). I think part of it may be because it's been much less humid here this weekend, so I'm probably getting rid of some of that water retention (yay!). I know I shouldn't weigh during the week and it could change again by Thursday, but it was still pretty encouraging, and it keeps me motivated to eat well and drink all my water in order to keep that water weight from coming back!

I'm already starting this week off better than last week--I went grocery shopping on Saturday, so I actually have food in my house :o Which means I was able to pack all of my food for the day instead of having lunch from the cafeteria downstairs (salad and soup) and dinner at Ruby's (Asian steamed dumplings and peanut sauce). Rather, I have some baked ham and fruit (canned pineapple, sliced apple, sliced fresh peaches, sliced kiwi, and grapes) for lunch, boneless skinless chicken for dinner, and some egg salad for in between (made with ff mayo, mustard, onion powder, and paprika). Now I just need to keep packing my food for the rest of the week!

Well, off to do some actual work. Hope everyone is doing well--have a healthy week!

Gardenwife
07-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Heather, thinking of your family and praying for your dad!

I'm just catching up after what was indeed a long weekend. This girl's not had such a busy four days in years...I'm pooped. LOL

After we got back from the funeral Saturday afternoon, we headed over to our friends' house for the big camp out. They'd already pitched their tent, and we put ours up next to it. The kids had a blast with with snaps, smoke bombs and little cardboard guns that shoot off clumps of paper streamers. Saturday night, we had grilled chicken, corn on the cob, fruit, bread and s'mores. Yeah, treat night...Though the whole weekend ended up being a treat weekend. We didn't stuff ourselves, but we were not OP, either. We're back OP now and I plan to eat less calories daily this week to make up for the weekend.

Sunday we went swimming at the YMCA's outdoor pool and then went to the OSU-Newark campus for a concert and fireworks display. We do that every year with our friends, and it's such a good time. We spent the night again, and just loitered a bit on Monday before going home.

I have to tell you, I love their kids. But I also have to tell you, I am so glad we don't have kids. ;)

This is the funny story of the weekend...Amy held out some of the snaps and asked me what I thought they looked like. At first, I didn't want to be too ribald, so I said, "Hershy's Kisses?". She said that wasn't what SHE thought. I said, "Oh, well, they do look like sperm....Hey, wait! They're Howie's ghost sperm!" We cracked up and couldn't wait for him to come back outside so we could tease him. He just shook his head and grinned. Poor guy, never gets a break.

But take a gander...Don't you think they look like ghost sperm? :ROTF: The other pictures are of our friend and her daughter (hates having her poofs done, LOL) and our friend's nephew.

SwimGirl
07-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey All!! I found a spare minute to get online, and I tell yah, this is the life! I am in bed, sitting in the sun, with a breeze on me... it's so sunny and hot, I'm thinking it's time to hit the beach! The drive here was uneventful, which is a good thing, lots of visiting, some napping in the car... on our first full day here we hiked up to Pulpit rock which is a 1.3km hike up a mountain to view the entire town of Nelson, which is where I am.. where I spent ages 14-21. Well, it SAYS it's an easy hike, but wowsers, it was scarily hard! We had to come down backwards it was so steep, good workout though! I like this vacation stuff, lots of time to do nothing but hang out :)

Jill - congrats on that weigh in! I knew you'd recover!

Kimberley - kids ARe completely exhausting, I'm not too sure I'm up for that task either.

kykaree- you are doing So well, keep up that good work :) It's fun seeing you say pullbuoy, I spent quite a few years in the pool.. I miss it... I wish it was more convenient for me to get there.

Well, I should get back to the rest of my group (my brother, his gf and my bf). We are trying to decide what to do with our day.. I hope to get some time in that sun! Take care gals and I'll talk to you soon!

-Aimee

jillybean720
07-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Aww, Aimee, next time you go on a vacation, I think you need to take me with you! :D It sounds like you're having a great time--glad to hear from you!

LOL--ghost sperm :lol3: nuff said :p

I snuck on my scale again this morning (I know, I'm catching the Aimee scale syndrome!). I was surprised. I won't tell ya'll what it said, though. I will wait until tomorrow morning for my "official" weekly weigh-in :)

Gardenwife
07-06-2005, 11:47 AM
We're going to weigh-in tomorrow morning and make it our treat day. It's time for our friends' third adopted child's adoption finalization hearing! This will be the third hearing we've gone to with them, and it's such a happy time witnessing the child's "official" entry into their family. We head over to the Spaghetti Warehouse for lunch together afterward (thus the treat day tomorrow, LOL). We're going to split an order of lasagna and get an extra salad.

SwimGirl
07-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Jill - I suspect you ARE catching my scale thing! I have no scale here to weigh myself! Can you imagine? 13 days with no weighing myself? The HORROR!! ;) Vacation is great, it's raining today and I'm okay with that. It's so hot here that the rain is a welcome thing, I am sitting at my mom's writing table which overlooks the firestation (which is next door, and is VERY quiet!), and in the distance is a mountain, there is a slight breeze. I tell yah, if my mom ever moves out of this place I sure do want to move in! Tomorrow I'm thinking is a DEFINTE beach day, I'll throw some of my tan your way!

Kimberley - Spaghetti Warehouse eh? I love love pasta and lasagna with all my heart!! heh Which I guess explains my round belly! I couldn't help but notice your next mini goal, your drivers license weight, I totally did that on my license too. It's definitely not the right weight. I bet most people lie on it though, guys wanting to weigh more, women wanting to be smaller..

Today I'm trying to not eat ANY wheat, so far... it's hard! My brother and his gf have this habit of sleeping in, so Josh and I got up at 8 am and headed out for some coffee and a little stroll around town. But you can't really get anything to eat at a coffee shop without wheat.. so I came home STARVING! I've been getting into having smoothies for breakfast, so I had a strawberry banana smoothie with orange juice in it. All of that organic of course, I mean, when you are in a hippy/new agey town, everything is organic! Heck even the coffee was organic! There is a bakery here where you can get sweets with no wheat, no processed sugar, no eggs, pretty much every option you can think of. It's amazing. If it was a bit bigger I think I'd move back here, it's such an amazing place to live.

Well I am babbling away, my group is barely awake (I've been sleeping less and feeling MORE energized, odd!). Take care gals!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I think I'll be all about the lasagna tomorrow. ;) Tummy's feeling better today, and I had a big salad with some low-fat turkey sausage on it...So far so good. Tomorrow morning's going to roll around mighty soon, but I don't want to go to bed!

Aimee, why no wheat? Whole wheat products are really good for you, with lots of fiber. I love me some wheat! LOL

jillybean720
07-07-2005, 06:47 AM
GOOOOOOOD morning! And after my encounter with the scale today, is certainly is a GREAT morning! Now mind you, I was up 4.5 pounds at last week's TOPS meting, so I was around 297.5-298 on my home scale. As of this morning (drumroll please)...290.5! :D Who knew water could weigh so much :p I am really excited about this, but I don't want to get too excited in case it's a fluke--we'll see what the TOPS scale says tonight and then see how it goes for next week as verification. Maybe by next week, I'll even hit the 280s :)

So the weigh-in went great. Work is going great. things with Jeff are going great. OH, I do have some Jeff news. He told me last week that he had something to tell me, but he wouldn't tell me if it was good news or bad news, and he refused to say anything more about it till he saw me on Friday (he makes me wait because he KNOWS it drives me crazy!). Well, apparently, the owner of the company he works for sat him down and said that the company has had their worst 6 months ever, so they were going to have to make some changes and let some people go. Purchasing was no longer going to be a full-time position (Jeff is their purchasing agent). So of course Jeff (and ME while he was telling the story) was freaking out that he was losing his job, or that he was being cut down to part-time. Instead, the boss says, "so I'd like for you to learn how to run the shop." That's a management position! Plus he asked Jeff how much he was making per hour and then gave him a $1.25/hour raise! So last week, we both got confirmation of raises and promotions (well, at least in my case more responsibility and client contact without an official title change). It was a great week for Jeff and Jill :D

Well, I'll stop patting myself on the back. I'm just soooo glad that things are all going well. I'm still tired and broke, but I have come to terms with the fact that that will probably always be the case :p As long as I'm happy like I am right now, the tiredness and poverty are worth it ;)

SwimGirl
07-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Goodmorning!! The sun is out and I'm looking forward to some baking (with SPF 40 of course!).

Jill - GREAT few weeks for you! Don't you love it when everything falls into place? :) Congrats on that weigh in, thats AWESOME! You will be out of those 290's in no time. Thats good news about Jeff as well, 1.25 makes such a huge difference eh? You wouldn't always think so, but I'd kill for that kinda raise!

Kimberley - unfortunately I have an allergy to wheat, it causes me to bloat up and have a sore tummy. And it's all kinds of wheat, I've tried whole wheat, spelt seems to be a little less, but I still get puffy tummy symptoms. After a while it's just not worth the sore tummy for me, I just can't function properly when I've got it in my system. I feel sluggish, very lazy, and can't go too far from home, because I'm always having to go to the bathroom. Eventually its just not worth it, especially on my vacation where I want to have fun and do lots of things.

Well my gang is swarming me and trying to convince me to go for a 10km hike, eek! I'm in vacation mode.. less hiking more beach time! Have a great one!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Jill, as I read your post, I went on a mental roller coaster; can't imagine what Jeff thought as he sat in his manager's office, or how you felt as he related the events to you! Glad it ended on an up note! And the weigh in...Wow! :D :D

Mine wasn't so good, but I expected that. I am up 2 pounds, back to 216. Dagnabbit blargh. Ah well, it'll come off again. We have the annual Jazz & Ribs Fest downtown this weekend, so we'll have to watch the calories at that!

Aimee, so you react to gluten? I have a friend who is allergic to gluten and she says she really has a time because it hides in so many foods.

Well, 6:45am rolled around way too early (way, way too early), but sharing Quin's adoption day with our friends was worth every bleary-eyed yawn. I for one am ready for a nap; I need to fortify myself before a visit with mom, because I'm a little grumpy right now and a grumpy Kimberley is not a friend o' the world. ;)

Gardenwife
07-08-2005, 01:42 AM
Hey, y'all - it's been a long day (but a good one). I'm ready to snooze and am going to keep this short. Please keep Howie and me in your thoughts, will you? See this thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61013).

jillybean720
07-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Oh, Kimberely, my thoughts are certainly with you. I have had scares in the past as well, so I know how it feels to be so uncertain at this point. I have had numerous ultrasounds on my breasts because I apparently have fibrous breasts, so they can never tell if something is a lump to be concerned about or if it's just a dense section of my breast. I've also had numerous ovarian cysts that luckily turned out to be merely benign cysts and not cancerous tumors. What a roller coaster--but oddly enough, I guess if it hurts, there's a better chance he's okay! Not that I'm happy he's in any pain, but you know what I mean :)

Well, TOPS scale was just about right on with mine--put me at an 8-pound loss for the week, which certainly made me the top loser in the group for last night's meeting :D Thank GOD all that water weight is gone--my ankles looked better, so I knew that's mostly what it was. Now the hard part is continuing to lose after such a huge loss, ya know? It's like there's this pressure or something. But, I'm babbling. Time for work. Have a GREAT start to the weekend, ladies (though I know it's a super-extended weekend for you, Aimee ;) ), and good luck with Howie at the Dr's! :goodluck:

SwimGirl
07-08-2005, 04:23 PM
Kimberley - my thoughts are definitely with you and Howie, sounds like you two have things under control... so many people let things hurt without getting them checked out. It's that imagining all the possibilities which gets to me.

Jill - have you ever taken measurements? While at first it's COMPLETELY depressing, it's such a good thing to have. I've taken measurements of every possible place that I can think of, and was suprised when I had lost 1/2 an inch off my neck (which made normal necklaces fit again!), I also did my ankles and wrists, it's amazing where the weight comes off! I'd be curious to see where your inches are coming off, sounds like your ankles might be an interesting place to watch. Anywho, I'm just sorta weird!

Today is another lazy day, My mom, brother and his gf are outside talking to a neighbour while Josh and I are on mac laptops (both my brother and my mom have them). The sun isn't out, and it's HARD trying to figure out what to do when there are 5 people with VERY different ideas of fun. When my brother and I were growing up I was always the moody one, so it's weird dynamics having my brothers gf be the extremely moody one. It's slowly driving me insane. She doesn't like my mom I don't think, just from how she treats her, and her body language.. thats hard for me when I feel such a loyalty to my mom. She was the perfect mother for me, and is growing to be a really good friend. Last night we tried on her clothes, which is funny because I'm a size 18 and she's a 22, luckily our clothes have stretch! Well I guess it's my turn to babble.. Have a good weekend!! Kimberley, I just want to give you and Howie a hug.. because thats scarey stuff to hear in this day and age. Stay strong!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-08-2005, 04:39 PM
There was a cancellation in ultrasound, so they went ahead and did one today, too. The radiology tech (un)officially said she didn't see anything in the ultrasound. Good news on the H-Man front! :D

treefrogtoes
07-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Hi ladies... just catching up after a few days...

I'm so glad Howie's okay! And Jill, OMG!!!! way to go girl!

I'm just so busy at work, that I have little time to get online lately. Had a great day at the consignment shop I like to go to, pulled 4 items off the rack , tried them all on, each one fit wonderfully! So I got an Old Navy XXL top, a Tommy Hilfiger sz18 top, a Ralph Lauren denim skirt sz20, and Lane Bryant jeans sz20; all for $35!!! Great buys for me! Woo-hoo.

just about done with work for the day. I'm hoping that they will be interviewing me next week for the position I applied for. I don't think it's gonna be more money but the hours are WAY better than what I've got now.

I'll try to stop in more often... I promise!

jillybean720
07-11-2005, 06:45 AM
Oooh, quiet over the weekend! But alas, here it is, 6:30am on Monday morning, and I am at work (obviously not working, but hey, I'm here ;) ).

I had a nice lazy weekend--lots of napping and watching movies and watching Jeff play video games while I occasionally fell asleep and drooled on his pillow--I should be well-rested for my week :D We were supposed to go to a wedding for Jeff's friend on Saturday. The church's name and address were on the invitation, so we looked up the address on Mapquest. The address was simpley "5 Second Ave," but when we looked it up, apparently there is a 5 Second Ave North and a 5 Second Ave South. Well, we didn't know which one it was, so we Googled and found the church's website, which had a link to direction, so we clicked on that link and followed those directions (they were the "south" ones). So off we went, all nice and dressed up for a wedding, and we get to this address, and it's a house in the middle of a very residential area--definitely not a church. We drove up and down the entire street like 3 times thinking we'd missed something--after all, we had gotten the directions from the church's website! After looking like idiots driving back and forth for a while, I got out the cell phone and called Jeff's house, and we had his cousin give us the Mapquest directions to the other 5 Second Ave (the "north" one). So we headed there, and we found it--well, we found a house located at 5 Second Ave, but certainly, again, not a church. We drove back and forth between the 2 locations (now definitely past 1pm, the time of the ceremony), but we never found the church. We still don't know where the church is located! :dunno: And when Jeff got the invitation, it only had the info for the ceremony, so until earlier that day, we though there was no reception. WRONG--Jeff talked to another friend who said the guy who was getting married had told him there was a reception at a hotel afterwards, but no one knew what hotel, since it wasn't in the invitation! What a mess...we ended up spending the day at Jeff's house doing our usual lazy routine of movies, naps, and video games. I even tried calling the church on the off chance that someone might be working in the office during a wedding, but no such luck--I got an answering machine. We tried, we really did! What a little mess :dizzy:

Well, enough about my pretty much uneventful weekend. How was everyone else's? I'm sure Aimee is vacationing it up having a great time, and it's great to see a post from Sara here :wave: And certainly glad to hear good news on the Howie front, Kimberley! I'm so glad they didn't find anything alarming :)

SwimGirl
07-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Hey! It was a pretty quiet weekend on here! I had a somewhat busy one with celebrating my mom's bday and spending some last minutes with my brother and his gf. They are gone now, and its VERY quiet! The sun isn't being too agreeable, and it's been raining on and off for 3 days now. ick! How is a girl supposed to get a tan and beach time with no sun!?!

On some scary news, Josh got worse, and so I finally convinced him to go to the doctor here, he sent in some samples to get tested and we'll likely find out forsure what it is on Wednesday or Thursday. For now it looks like its a bleeding ulcer. Not a nice way to spend your vacation! So now I'm busy taking care of him, making 90% of his meals, making sure he takes tons of different vitamins, and making sure he drinks enough water. It's like being a personal nurse but without the money. We figured this out on Saturday, and today he's feeling better... less blood in the stool. TMI eh?

Jill - sounds like quite the adventure finding that wedding! I went to a wedding of a friend of Josh's a few years ago, and due to the planning there was an 8 hour "break" between the ceremony and the reception, and since we had to drive there from out of town we just couldn't kill that many hours and ended up skipping the reception. But tell me, I'm going to a wedding on Saturday, what are people wearing these days? I honestly have NO idea!!

Sara - great bargain shopping! I love to find things on sale :)

Well I think the sun is showing itself, so I'm going to go sit in it before it disappears! Take care!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Looking for an address and not being able to find it is crazy-making material...And for their website to be wrong, too!

We went to the jazz and ribs fest at our town's courthouse square on Saturday. It was a great time of relaxing, grooving to some great jazz, and doing some people-watching. Sunday, we had no plans other than my having to water my folks' plants while they were out of town. Howie and I ended up driving back roads for several hours, stopping and taking pictures as scenes interested us. It was a nice, kicked back day in which we were beholden to no one's schedule but our own. Heavenly!

The tree pollen's been outrageous and my eyes have felt like someone pumped 'em full of air, then glued sandpaper on the insides of my eyelids. :tired: Can I get a witness, anyone? LOL Howie got up and went to the YMCA today, but I didn't. I had a headache and was sore from several days' worth of working in the yard and squatting to get pictures from various angles at the rib fest and while out on our drive. Ouch!

Aimee, I would think any nice pants outfit, casual dress, or skirt would be fine for most weddings. I've given up on being too fashion-conscious.

Did buy a cute little skirt at Wal-Mart last night, though! ;) It's the shortest one I've worn since I was a kid; this one hits just above the knee on me. The scandal!

jillybean720
07-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Woohoo, people are alive on here! :D Glad to hear ya'll had a good weekend, Kimberley. Rock the skirt, girl--as they say on Ricki Lake and Jenny Jones, if ya got it, flaunt it ;)

Aimee--I am SO glad Josh finally went to a doctor! Blood in the stool is no laughing matter--it can be a sign of one of many serious conditions. It can also be nothing major (like a hemorrhoid or something), but it's definitely better to have checked out. I hope the find out what's wrong, and he gets better soon!

I have been doing pretty well with my food lately, and yesterday at the gym, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical after doing a 5-minute warm-up on the recumbent bike and then used the weight machines to work my thighs (fronts, back, inner, and outer), glutes, abs, triceps, and calves. I need to find a machine for my biceps, too, but I think that machine is further down near the freeweights, which is where all the big intimidating men are all working out. I sure do miss my all-women's gym in Virginia Beach :( But hey, less than a year till my current gym membership runs out. Today and tomorrow I will do just my 30-40 minutes on the elliptical, and then I'll work the weight machines again on Thursday (I'll do them on the 2 days a week when I don't have to rush to get to job #2).

Like I said, I have been doing pretty well with my food--except for the cake! I stick to plan for everything--my 4 smaller meals every day--but when I get to work early in the morning, I always have cake! There's always cake inthe kitchen leftover from some office party, and this is the third work day in a row that I have had some. I think the reason I keep doing it even though I know it's bad for me is that when I peek at the scale in the morning, I'm still losing, so eating cake and still losing weight isn't much of a deterrent from eating the cake in the first place :p I know I need to stop, though, cuz I bet I could lose even more without it! I've just got to keep that picture of the roller coaster in my mind...

Gardenwife
07-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Cake -- any goodie like that -- is a big temptation for me. Howie's not particularly enamored with sweets, but I sure am. He tried the eliptical today at the YMCA and made it for 5 minutes. He really likes it!

It's clouding up here and a heavy breeze is kicking up; so far it's just spitting, no heavy rain. Looks like Dennis is making his way through our neck of the woods. We really need the rain badly, so bring it on, Dennis! I have the soaker hose going on one section of the flower beds, because I never know whether a rain will just pound through and run off or if we'll get a good soak. Better safe than sorry.

Gardenwife
07-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Well, that storm blew right through. Glad I had the soaker hose going!

jillybean720
07-13-2005, 06:45 AM
I have good news--there's no cake in the kitchen this morning! :p The easiest way to avoid a temptation is not to have it around!

Still kickin' butt with my new diet--peeked at the scale and am down about 2 pounds for the week so far, so as long as I stay on-plan for today and tomorrow, I should have no trouble posting a loss for the week at TOPS tomorrow night (we're running a contest, so I need to lose every week to get more points!--can you tell I'm slightly competitive? :devil: ).

SwimGirl
07-13-2005, 12:54 PM
I had an entire post and it wouldn't let me post! So now it's disappeared into cyberspace. Thats annoying! Here is a much shorter version of that one..

Jill - Whats the new diet? Cake is evil...not usually my thing. I prefer to drink my calories away.. in the form of coffee and pop. Bad! I am going to Weigh myself on Saturday morning when I'm back, I'm scared to see what it's going to say, I suspect I've gained some weight, we'll see I guess. I've been pretty good with cutting out sugar drinks, and bread. We've had a few dinners out for my mom's bday which I suspect was my downfall. But you never know I guess!

Kimberley - those ellipticals are amazing, I have quite the knee issues and they don't seem to bother me on it. I'd love to get one for my house, but a good one can run you in the thousands! i think even a bike would be nice at home, something I can do when I'm watching cheesy tv shows! heh.

Well I'm feeling like my time here is running out, we have 2 full days left... wow that happened FAST! I better go get some beach time in before I have none left! It feels easier to be at the Beach here (partly because we go to a beach which doesnt have a lot of people), so I'm trying to pack in as much as I can. But I tell yah, a Glacier Fed lake is VERY VERY cold! Take care!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Sometimes I think I'd like an exercise bike for home, but I just don't want to have to LOOK at it all the time. We have a tiny 2-bedroom house (750sq' in the upstairs) and our basement is maxed out with the MIL suite and what little space is left down there for the laundry room/storage area. No place to conveniently tuck away equipment, I'm afraid.

Have any of you had fluttery feelings in your ears, like a quick pressure? The last two days, I've felt like I'm jazzed on caffeine, pulse seems high and I have that caffeine-y feeling in my chest, plus I have that fluttery feeling. It's so weird. :?: Guess I'd better get my BP checked again. I hate it when weird stuff surfaces in the bod. It makes you feel other stuff which may or may not really be there -- might be imagined, might not be. Blah!

jillybean720
07-14-2005, 06:38 AM
Ugh, I hate unexplained weird feelings! Sometimes my heart starts beating really fast for no apparent reason--it can happen while I'm just sitting at my desk. It hasn't happened in a long time, but when it did happen, it's creepy cuz it's like, what did I do to cause this?! But I'd check it out if I were you, especially since it's not a one-time thing for a few minutes, it's been happening for a couple days. It could be something as simple as overworking yourself in the heat, maybe, but definitely better to play it safe.

Aimee--the new diet is something I got suckered into online. Curiosity killed the credit card, in my case :p I just saw all these ads for "lose 9 pounds in 11 days," and I didn't think it would be anything legitimate (I figured it was some sort of pill or shake or something I would never use, ya know?), but in order to have access to the site, you have to pay $27 for a 90-day membership. So I did it out of curiosity. It's called the Idiot Proof Diet (which 3FC is not a fan or supporter of by any means). It's basically a low-carb plan except that you can eat fruits and veggies regardless of carbs. Lots of lean meats (chicken, ground turkey, ham, etc.) and eggs and fruits and veggies. You stay on the diet for 11 days, then take 3 days off to eat whatever you want. The idea is that your body doesn't get used to any certain amount or types (carb, protein, or fat) of intake for too long, so it keeps your metabolism on its toes. It actually gives you a menu of 4 "meals" to eat each day (I put meals in quotes because they refer to them as meals, but one is usually just like "mixed nuts" or "fresh grapes," so it's really more like 3 meals and a snack). Before it gives you a menu, it gives you all these choices of 3 food items, and you pick the one you prefer out of each group of 3. I like this because cottage cheese can be included in the diet, but I HATE cottage cheese, so I never pick it, so it's never in my plan :) But anyway, no, I don't think I am going to lose 9 pounds every 11 days, but I do think it contributed to my 8-pound loss last week (I started this last Monday), even though I know a good part of that was water as well. What I DO like about it is that I don't have to think, which is worth the $27 to me :p It tells me exactly what to eat each meal, each day, so unlike Atkin's or South Beach or whatever, there's no guessing about what I am allowed to have, and unlike other plans, you don't have to count ANYTHING. I still log my foods into fitday.com, though, just to check out the calories and stuff. It's also very low in dairy, so I went to Target yesterday and bought a liquid multivitamin (Centrum) for some vitamins that I noticed I was missing when I logged into fitday (Vitamins A and D), and I got some calcium supplements since my calcium was pretty low, too (and there was no calcium in the multivitamin, which I thought was weird). It says I am also low in Folate and Vitamin K, but I don't know what those are and couldn't find anything about them on any of the supplement bottles, so I think I'll survive :p Anyway, I know it's not a plan I can stick to forever, but it's easy for me to stick to for now, so why not give it a shot? I know the basics of nutrition, so I have no doubt that if I use this plan to lose my weight, I will still be able to eat sensibly to maintain once I go off the diet (unlike people who go crazy with carbs after losing weight on Atkins and gain it all back, ya know?). So, how's that for a long-winded explanation? :lol:

SwimGirl
07-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Kimberley - definitely get that checked out, just for peace of mind, I get tons of weird feelings in my body. Mostly it happens when I'm tired, I usually panic (I've had an insane amount of "sicknesses"), now I'm just learning out body does weird things from time to time. But if it doesn't reoccur I usually try to forget it happened. My house I'm living in now is pretty tiny as well, when I'm looking for a new place I'm going to look into a larger, brighter space... hopefully cheaper so I can afford a bike!

Jill - I like long winded answers! I think anything is worth trying once, even if it doesn't work for you, its good to try something new and learn something about your body. In my year of dieting and not being hugely sucessful I've learnt very important things.. I can't STAND counting calories, it drives me insane, infact, I'd rather NOT diet than do it... odd huh? I also know I can't have wheat/gluten, fortunately while being in Nelson I've been able to find really great stuff without it in it! Cookies which are gluten FREE? There is a bakery in town that does stuff like that, gluten free, yeast free, egg free... it's interesting. I think everyone should take a calcium suppliment, the way milk is SO processed its not possible to get all the benefits from it... IMO anyways. Also, calcium and essential fatty acids are great for PMS!

I am off to drink my smoothie.. I'm seriously addicted. Organic Strawberries, organic banana's, oj and flax seeds... yummy AND good for you! Have a great day!

-Aimee

jillybean720
07-15-2005, 06:26 AM
Aimee--that smoothie sounds awesome! Enjoy the remainder of your vacationing days!

As for me, I'm down another 2.5 pounds at TOPS last night. I think I am going to change my tickers to my TOPS scale weight. I have been using my home scale, by it has been really inconsistent lately, so I think the TOPS scale will give me a more accurate and consistent record of my progress. Mind you, my numbers will change quite a bit, as the TOPS scale is a good 4 pounds or so lowetr than my home scale, but it's not really another 4 pounds lost. I'll have to find my TOPS weight recording book and change my starting weight to my first TOPS weigh-in weight, too, so it's an accurate count of how many pounds I have lost since I started TOPS (back in March, I think).

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

SwimGirl
07-15-2005, 05:23 PM
Hey! I got a one day extention on my vacation, unfortunately its because Josh got his some of his test results back. The doctor says it's NOT an ulcer, and told me it could be Crohn's disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome or Colon Cancer... both his grandparents died from Cancer, so did his Uncle. So we really need to get him all tested and see whats going on. In the mean time he's sleeping on the couch, and I plan to let him rest until he's feeling somewhat better. I've been waking him up every couple hours to force some food down... I really worry I don't have the strength to deal with cancer. Death scares me more than I could ever put into words. I'd rather run away than deal with this. I know worst case I could come home, and bring Josh with me. This is a wonderful place to beat cancer, surounded by people who care (yet barely know him!). But man, my whole life would change. I am hoping it's IBS, which you can control thru diet and vitamins.. I have a book called Prescription for Nutritional Healing, which I totally believe in..I am babbling.

Jill - congrats on the weight loss! You are doing SO well, I'm so happy for you :)

I'm going to go enjoy another day in the Kootenays (area where Nelson is), while the sun isn't shining it's still pretty beautiful. Hopefully I can write a post from home tomorrow, until then.. take care!!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Jill, WOW! Good for you! I had a loss this week, too. I'm not missing those three pounds, nosiree! :D

Shoot, Aimee, I hear your worries! My heart sank when Howie had to get that mammogram ~ Scary stuff when someone we love has something going on like that. We're definitely thinking of you guys and Josh's in our prayers. You'll have the strength to deal with whatever comes; it's not until we're tested that our true strength shows. Is he going to have a scope done? It's likely it could be IBS, and like you say, that is treatable. We're thinking of you both!

Here are some pictures to cheer you...Cool green to calm you, roses to show you how we care, and a goofy dog to make you smile. :)

Gardenwife
07-17-2005, 01:17 AM
Just popping in to say g'night. See you tomorrow! :)

SwimGirl
07-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Kimberley - thank you. Sometimes I don't know what I'd do without you all! Now we are just waiting for Josh to be able to drive us home, it was supposed to be today, but it doesn't look like it. If he's not well by tomorrow I might have to rent a car and drive it home, and Josh will have to make his way back when he's better. It's that or take the bus, and I suspect renting a car is cheaper. We'll see what'll happen. In the mean time, I'm actually going to the beach.. might as well enjoy this weather until he's better! I'll update you all again... and thanks :)

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Did the doctor happen to mention diverticulitis as a possibility also?

jillybean720
07-18-2005, 06:13 AM
Aimee--I hate that Josh is feeling so crappy, but I'm glad it got to a point where he would finally go see a doctor! Now they can figure out what it is and work on making him better rather than just leaving him to suffer all the time. I definitely have my fingers crossed for you guys...keep us posted!!

Kimberley--those pictures are so good! I am absolutely jealous of your photographic abilities. I especially love the goofy dog one :D

Well, weekend was, well, typical. I went to Jeff's because all of his cousins were supposed to go visit his mother, so we were going to have the whole house to ourselves and stay there to watch the dog. Well, what ended up actually happening was the parents went for the day on Saturday and left the two oldest boys (who are 17 and 14, I think) home, so they watched the dog, and the parents were home by 10pm. so basically, there was no real reason for me to have gone to his house, and he very well could have come to mine. I'm going there AGAIN this coming weekend because his cousin is having one of those candle parties and invited me. I don't really want to go (you know how you always feel obligated to buy stuff at those things?), especially since it's my birthday weekend, but I couldn't come up with a good enough excuse not to go, so I'll just shut my trap and have fun :p

I had my 3 "off plan" day this past weekend that my diet calls for, and was happy enough with what the scale said this morning (I know I shouldn't have weighed after an entire off-plan weekend, but you know I couldn't resist). My weekend eating habits are horrible not only in WHAT I eat, but also becaus ewe tend to just have 2 semi-big meals each day and that's it. I'm back on my plan today--and for the next 11 days--and those couple of pounds should come back off in no time (hopefully even for a little loss at this Thursday's TOPS meeting). I also started my liquid Centrum multivitamin and Calcium supplements today, so maybe my body will be a bit happier (and more awake?).

Alright, chickies, off to work. I got in way early this morning, so I don't feel bad about being on here at all ;) Have a Marvelous Monday, andI 'll catch ya'll later!

SwimGirl
07-19-2005, 01:18 AM
I am home!! Who knew it would happen!! Josh woke up this morning and was feeling well enough to drive... thankfully he didn't know how bad he'd feel tonight... otherwise I'd be scrambling right now! The drive home was good, it was hot and sunny, we both got a little red spots (even WITH sunscreen!). It was about 38degrees Celcius along our trip, so we are glad to be back to the coolness of our place. Josh is now in bed with a dose of cough suppressant (the stuff that won't bother his liver), and I'm going to go join him in bed. I'm SO tired, and not sure how this re-entry into real life will go.

Jill - I think you should hook me up with your diet.. I'm going to start a clean eating plan for myself and Josh (including a morning smoothie, those things were addicting!), and can only hope I lose some of my vacation weight. I got on the scale when we got home, at night, after a shower, with a towel on my head, and with my period just starting today.. bad circumstances, possibly the worst actually.. it says I'm up 6 pounds from when I left, and 8 pounds from my ticker. eek! Josh weighed himself before his shower, and he lost 10 pounds (which I'm sure will be more like 12-15 when he weighs in the morning). I don't think his diet of throwing up and being sick for 3 weeks is so great...

Alrighty, I'm tired and am typing anything thats coming to my head.. so I'm going to go get some sleep and wake up to a NEW BETTER day tomorrow :)

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-19-2005, 09:33 AM
Glad you're home safe and sound. Snuggle up in bed and get some rest, you. By the way, I read that flax seeds don't do the body any good unless they're ground up with a mortar and pestle (or a coffee grinder) or in the form of flax seed oil. If you eat them whole, they go the way of sesame seeds and such: straight through ya. ;)

We're up early, heading out to Howie's MRI appointment. We called yesterday to make sure the insurance covered it, and it does. This morning, I had the thought that we should call and make sure they cover THIS facility. They don't cover it. :devil: BUT...The lady at the facility said they will make a notation on the bill that they'll submit the claim to our insurance, and if it's rejected, they'll just write it off. Evidently they've been trying to become an approved provider for a couple of years, and this is how they do things. I've never heard of such a thing; I guess they want to get as many referrals as they can, and if they have to write off a few, they do. Who knows...

One odd thing happened this morning as Howie stood in the doorway and let the dogs out back. He heard this *plop* and looked down to see a squirrel laying on the patio. It had fallen off the roof! Emma was as startled as Howie was. The squirrel jumped back up and climbed the brick wall to the roof again, ran a ways down the roof, and fell off the house again. LOL! I bet it got into some fermented corn or something. Drunk rodents, just what the world needs. ;)

Crazy morning, ladies.

jillybean720
07-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Aimee--so glad you guys still got to go home together! And no, I don't think you could have possibly weighed yourself under worse conditions. Just wait a few days and think about how amazed you'll be to see you dropped like 4 pounds in no time (i.e., no towel on head, no pms bloating, no wet hair...) ;)

Kimberley--good LORD that drunken squirrel storry almost got me laughing out loud in my cubicle! :lol: I could just picture this clumsy little squirrel wobbling around, falling off the roof, then doing it again...:dizzy: I haven encountered some unusually smart rodents in my day, but no drunk ones! :p My cat (who lives with my parents) catches rodents and garter snakes and grasshoppers for us all the time and meows until someone comes outside to see what it is. Well, one time, she caught a chipmunk (which she has done before, the good little hunter). She had it in her mouth and dropped it when we went outside to see what she had. There it was, poor little chipmunk laying on the front step. My dad picked it up and carried it over to the woods at the edge of our yard (as he did with all of her prey), but when he put it on the ground, the darn thing jumped up and ran away! Some people think it was stunned, but I think it knew all along and was playing dead!

Well, peeking at the scale, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have a loss this week, but I'm hoping to stay the same. I wouldn't call my diet a failure, though, because even if I gain 1.5 pounds this week (which I highly doubt I will), I'll still average 3 pounds lost each week for the past 3 weks (since I have lost 10.5 in the past 2 weeks). That's good enough results for me :)

SwimGirl
07-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Kimberley - I have a coffee grinder ONLY for flax seeds (golden flax, kept in the freezer!).. I am prepared :) My mom uses flax seed oil instead of regular oil in salad dressings.. she's all about getting the right kinds of fat. We both take essential fatty acids, I take mine to reduce that monthly bloating. Healthy eating is so complex I tell yah! Your squirrel sounds freaky! I can't imagine how I'd react if I saw all of that, scream, laugh and then possibly scream again. heh.

Jill - tell me a typical day of meals for you on your new diet plan! You must be happy to see that scale moving quicker, I know I would be ! :) I gotonmy scale this morning, and it said 259.9, down 2.5 from last night with my wet hair and towels. I was still super bloated, so my real weigh in won't be until Monday once this pesky TOM is gone!

I think I lost some weight today, I got into work and the girl who was supposed to be working with me called in sick. She apparently fell down some stairs, I say apparently because she also got hit by a car last week... now all of this considered, shouldn't she be in a full body cast by now? I dunno, either way I worked alone from 9:30am until 6:30pm with no breaks, no potty breaks, nothing! And I hadn't brought anything to eat with me, so no snacking or ANYTHING! I am alive though, and the day went pretty quickly... I'm content with my life, so this didn't phase me. It's nice to be happy to be alive! The bf and I are going to have to do some major thinking, we live in a crappy area... it's time for us to move on. We'll see what'll happen, I would enjoy moving to a smaller town on the lake, Kelowna I think. I'm just thinking out loud.. I'm going to go drink some water.. talk to you gals later!!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-20-2005, 01:23 AM
Hey, ya'll. Howie's MRI went well, aside from him being really sore from having to lie still on the table for 45 minutes.

Jill, we peeked at the scale, too. On our way home, we dropped Howie's films off at the doctor's office, so I got my blood pressure checked (166/70, yeah!) and we both weighed in so we could go straight home and check his mom's scale against the doctor's. Both said 218....bah!! We'd had coffee and eaten lunch just before that, though.

What would it be like to be some skinny person who never gives a thought to the scale? I tell ya, sometimes I really hate having to obsess about every little morsel, every pound...And it's discouraging to think that's going to be a fact of life until the day I die. I mean, it's worth it -- I would never want to go back to where I was -- but it's still frustrating sometimes.

Aimee, looks like you're not the only one doing some introspection today. ;)

SwimGirl
07-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Kimberley - glad to hear Howie's tests went good. Bad scale peeking, BAD!! *slap* heh. I know really skinny girls who are MORE obsessed with the scale than I am... I wonder if it ever goes away?

So the doctor felt the need to call here at 9:45 with test results.. Josh's liver enzymes are HIGHER now. We are going into the doctors tomorrow morning EARLY, I figure we'll either sleep REALLY good or really bad. I will be tested tomorrow as well, they suspect it's either mono or Hepititis A (or maybe even that toxic hepititis). Hep A means someone didn't wash their hands and prepared food.. ick, if thats it i'm never eating out again! I better sleep.. I'm alive.. gotta remind myself that.. nite gals!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Sleep well, and take good care. We'll be there with you guys in spirit!

jillybean720
07-20-2005, 06:49 AM
Aimee--here's hoping for mono! I know it sucks, but it's also not as serious as hepatitis! I remember when my sister had mono--she like locked herself in her room for a week and then just came out feeling better one day :p They say rest is the best medicine, that being tired is what makes your body more susceptible (sp?) to mono. I really do hope it turns out to be nothing too serious (and nothing too gross, like unwashed restaurant kitchen hands!).

Kimberley--glad to hear Howie's MRI went well. Did you guys get the results right then or do you have to wait a few days?

I know I will obsess over food and the scale for forever. I think after a while, though, my clothes fitting tighter will be the better indicator than the number on the scale. Guess I won't know till I get to my goal, which I am SO determined to do!

A typical day on my diet: today my 4 meals are fish, chicken, scrambled eggs, and egg salad. Now, rarely are there 2 egg meals in one day (this is the first time that has happened), and there's usually a meal that includes fruit. They also say you can have veggies with the meals (like with the fish or chicken), so I put salsa and spinach in my eggs for breakfast this morning. Yesterday, my meal plan was: banana shake (banana, milk, vanilla, and optional peanut butter), chicken, ham and pineapple, and fish. When you make your plan, you pick the foods you prefer out of groupings of 3 (for example, it will make you pick your favorite out of chicken, fish, or ham). Whatever foods you don't pick won't be on the list. That's why my menus never include tuna, cottage cheese, or mixed veggies (which are foods I have seen on the list, but are never on my menus). Of course, it also says to make sure you drink at least 10 servings of water a day and try to go for 2 30-minute walks each day. Now, the second week I did it, I only lost 2.5 pounds, but I cheated and had cake on like 3 or 4 of those days (darn office parties!). Also, you stay on the diet for 11 days, then take 3 days off. It says eat whatever you want, but I still plug my foods into fitday on those days to keep myself sane and make sure I don't go too crazy. The menu gets somewhat monotonous sometimes (I have ham and pineapple almost every day--good thing I love ham!), but there are ways to mix it up, like I do veggie fajitas with lettuce wraps on my fruit/veggie day (oh yeah, there is one day in each 11-day cycle where you eat 3 meals: one of only fruits and 2 of only veggies), I eat different kinds of fruits for my "mixed fruit" meals, and I use different kinds of seasoning/sauces for my chicken (it allows bbq sauce on your chicken, so I just try to stick to sauces that have about the same or fewer calories than bbq). If you want to give the diet a try, don't pay the $27--I'm sure we can find a way for me to get you a menu through my membership ;) I would say you could make your own menu of just mostly protein with some fruits and veggies, but I like to use the generated menus because there are days when you can have pasta with your chicken and days where you can have a burger or hotdog or sandwich, and I know if I mad emy own menus, I would have those things every day :p

Well, that's certainly enough babbling for now! Guess I should go do some work, even though it is my brithday :D My gift to myself--I don't have to work job #2 tonight, so I get to stay at the gym as long as I want, then go home and take a nap :dizzy: Have a great day, ladies!!

SwimGirl
07-20-2005, 12:09 PM
Happy birthday Jill!! Working on your birthday? You ARE hardcore! I prefer to have the day off, the week off... perhaps the MONTH off.. I'm addicted to birthdays, hope yours is GREAT!! :)

I am off to the doctors (and I slept in until 9am!), bbl!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-20-2005, 11:41 PM
How'd it go at the doctor's, Aimee?

Jill, what diet plan is that? It sounds interesting. Howie and I are happy with what we're doing, but my mother-in-law's still struggling. I'd like to learn more about what you're doing so I can see if Nancy would be interested.

I've been photographing and measuring oodles of our "fat clothes" for a big old series of eBay listings. I worked on them for about four hours and only have 48 pieces of clothing photographed and measured! I've learned that clothes for better prices when I include measurements and good photos, so it's worth the time. But, OH, the time....And I got a sore back from standing in one place so much. Don't even ask about the wrist. LOL But it'll be worth it when we can buy some new duds with the proceeds, right?

Still have all the jeans to catalog. Bleah. Tomorrow.

SwimGirl
07-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Kimberley - I need to sell clothes on Ebay, you should teach me... I have enough clothes to clothe a family! I gave away a 250 dollar down jacket because it was too big.. I also have another down jacket with a huge hood with a fur trim.. cute, worth money.. also too big. The doctor went alright, there was a wait to see the doctor, so we went back at 11:30am, and he talked to us about the symptoms, what tests he was ordering, talked about the type of diet Josh should be following (bland foods mainly), and how Josh shouldn't be working. I was able to ask the doctor a TON of questions (I love it!), so it was very good I went along. The doctor also said I don't need to worry about getting tested until they discover whats really going on in Josh's body. I'm relieved for myself... I feel bad for feeling that. But I love Josh, and take good care of him, and he takes good care of me..

Jill - your diet does sound interesting.. I'm going to try this other one.. I'll see if I can find the web site.. but my mom had a photocopy from some magazine. Basically it talks about your liver, and xenoestrogens, which comes from the pesticides on our food, preservatives, processed foods, all of that stuff. The idea is that those almost clog up your liver and it's unable to process things properly which causes it to turn more food into fat. There is 3 steps, the first one is where you eat certain foods (it lists groups of foods), and to take a 20 minute sweat producing walk everyday. The second step is to follow a 24 hour cleanse of a certain drink, and the third step includes more foods along with that first group. It's very interesting, and the logic really makes sense.. I've always liked the idea of cleaning your liver (I take ibuprofen every TOM and know I need to clean up my act), so I'm thinking I'll give 'er a go. I need to do some more grocery shopping before I get on it. I'll keep you guys updated on that, and how it works. And Kimberley, you should suggest it to your MIL, it might help.. you never know!

So I had a big shopping day today, my old neighbour took me to the mall, and we wandered around.. hit up some of those side walk sales going on. I got a really cute t-shirt from Old NAvy, it says "bahama mama", very cute.. trust me! And it was only 7.99 WITH tax!

Kimberley - http://www.spafreshmag.com/fresh_ideas_articles.php?id=50_0_4_0_C
Thats the website.. read it!

Alrighty, I am off to drink some tea! Have a great night!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-21-2005, 01:26 AM
Glad you didn't have to undergo tests just yet. Still keeping everything crossable crossed for Josh (even my eyes!).

I love Old Navy's commercials, and have checked out their website. They have some really cute clothes! I will have to check out their store in Columbus and see what trouble I can get into. ;)

SwimGirl
07-21-2005, 01:42 AM
Kimberley - I'm picturing you with your eyes crossed, makes me giggle! heh. Old Navy is good for certain things, their clothes are the best quality, but thats alright for cheap seasonal clothes. Did you read that site?

-Aimee

jillybean720
07-21-2005, 06:33 AM
My diet is called the Idiot Proof Diet (it's available online--if you search for it, you'll mostly just come up with advertisements for it and the $27 fee for their website). Like I said when I started it, I just got suckered into the gimmick (all of their ads say lose 9 pounds every 11 days!--I figured it was some kind of pill or drink or something, but it turns out its this actual FOOD diet :dizzy: ). I paid for it more out of curiosity than anything else.

When I tried to talk about it here on 3FC in the Support forum (I put it there cuz I was wondering if anyone else had tried it or anything), it got moved to the Buyer Beware forum (which has recently been changed to "Does it Work?") and the thread got locked because 3FC does not support it or endorse it, and I guess the Idiot Proof Diet website has an affiliate program, so they have had trouble with people trying to recruit on these boards and trying to use the 3FC name in their advertising! It sucks that it got so commercially out of hand because it has really actually been working for me.

I had my 3 days off plan from Friday-Sunday (went out to eat every meal, had french fries and burgers and even shared a banana split with Jeff), and I got right back on for my next 11 days on Monday. It's easier for me to stick strictly to it during the 11 days because I know another 3-day free-for-all is coming :p After peeking at the scale this morning, it looks like I might even be able to squeak out a bit of a loss for this week at tonight's TOPS meeting, too, which would make it 3 weeks in a row of losing and 3 weeks in a row on the diet :D

I don't suggest it for everyone--like I said, it can get repetitive, and if you're not super-strict with yourself, it can be hard to stick to, since you only eat 4 times a day, your meals have to be at least 2.5 hours apart, and you have to eat what they tell you (so I sometimes end up having something like fish for a snack :dizzy: ).

My menu for today is: ham and pineapple (which I had for breakfast), fruit (I have apples, grapes, and peaches for my mid-morning snack), salad (veggies and dressing--I don't put any cheese or egg or anything like that anymore), and chicken (though I think I might cheat bigtime tonight and have my Subway sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub--bread is not allowed for me today, but I think I might splurge). I would love to eat less processed foods like Aimee is suggesting, but with my schedule, I don't always have that option (turkey burgers at Ruby's, fruits and veggies from the work cafeteria that probably have pesticides, etc.).

Some people have said it's just calorie cycling (which is varying your calories from day to day and just having a normal average number of calories at the end of the week or 11 days or whatever time period). However, I have been logging my food into fitday every day, both on and off the diet, and my calories are pretty consistent (usually between 1750-2050, and a 300-calorie range isn't drastic enough for calorie cycling according to what I have read on the subject), so that's not it. I think it's just the elimination of bad carbs for 11 out of every 14 days, the increase in protein, and the increase in veggies (for me, since I hardly ate any before). The 3 off-plan days are supposed to sort of trick your body so your metabolism doesn't get used to being on the diet all the time and keeps it in high gear. The website has an online book, too, but it's not very helpful, IMO. Plus, there are grammatical mistakes and such, which always makes me think it's not a very high-quality site. I just use the menu generator so I get new menus for each 11-day cycle.

See now, that's what ya'll get for askin' me questions--a novel!! :p

So, I resisted the birthday cake yesterday in the office. They even got angelfood cake and fruit instead of regular frosted cake because they knew I was dieting, but I didn't eat any. It was actually easier to resist than a regular cake would have been (I LOVE frosting, but I get to eat fruit all the time ;) ). I suppose it was worth it since I was a pound lower this morning than I was yesterday morning (normal fluctuations, I know, but I have my weigh-in tonight, so I'm happy to be down). I didn't do anything last night to celebrate--I'm too far for Jeff to come visit during the week, and I don't really have many other friends around here. So, I went to the gym (about 22 minutes on the elliptical and then 2 sets of 10 reps on 3 different upper body machines). Then I watched some Judge Judy and Gilmore Girls, then fell asleep in the living room till about 9, then got up and moved to my bed and slept like a baby all night :^: I will celebrate with Jeff this weekend--can't wait to see what he got me!!

SwimGirl
07-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Jill - sounds like a relaxing birthday, its hard to have those bdays in the middle of the week. I'm sure you'll have a great celebration this weekend :)

I did it, got on my scale for that pesky weekly weigh in! The first one after my vacation, I am up! The day I left I was 257, and was already up 3 pounds, and so I added 3 more pounds to that. It's amazing how fast those pounds add up when you are on vacation! I'll weigh in again on Monday, but ONLY because then TOM will be gone, and I'll have a real idea of how much I gained. shh I know.. I know.. but I've got an addiction!

I am off to find something for lunch, I'm STARVING!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks for explaining that. Does it have much room for grains at all? Man, the dieting world is so hard to navigate. You've got people saying carbs are the antichrist, others touting supplements, us going by the AHA...All of them give compelling evidence as to why their system works well. But then there's just as many naysayers for every method. It's craziness! :dizzy:

jillybean720
07-21-2005, 04:43 PM
In this 11-day cycle, I get to have a hamburger on 2 days and pasta on one (tomorrow!), but that's it for grains. Like I said, it's basically high-protein with lots of fruits and veggies. Also, there's not much dairy at all (an occasional banana shake or oatmeal made with milk is about it--oh and cheese allowed with scrambled eggs). Since I know I'm missing out on some stuff, I started taking a multivitamin plus a calcium supplement (though according to fitday, I'm still very low on folates and Vitamin K--hope those deficiencies won't kill me!).On a different note, I just got home from the mall, where I went right after the gym (just so you know I didn't sacrifice my workout ;) ). While at the mall, I went and got my hair cut!!! This is a HUGE deal for me, since it was almost down to my waist, and I have had long hair pretty much my whole life. Now it is just above my shoulders--I feel so nekkid :p But I think I like it :)

Gardenwife
07-21-2005, 06:32 PM
I want to see pictures! Let's see this new 'do!

The doctor's office called with the results of his Tuesday MRI, and it's not good news. There are some vertebrae with nothing between them, a herniated disk, arthritis, and his curve is bad. It was just the nurse we spoke to, so we won't know more until he can see the doctor. He was so afraid it would be something requiring surgery, and this looks like it is. He's said he's not having surgery again, but where will all this lead if he doesn't?

It's so ironic that he could lose 140 pounds and be hit with this now. Doggone it. Where DID I put that darned magic wand of mine? :?: He's my heart, and I can't stand that he's going through this.

SwimGirl
07-21-2005, 07:03 PM
Oh my goodness Kimberley, I am so sorry to hear whats happening. Has he had surgery before? Sounds as though he might have had a bad experience, I hope you can convince him to do it if he REALLY needs it. I can definitely feel where you are coming from, and hope everything turns out in the end. Cuddle lots!

Jill - I want to see pictures as well!

I'm dying over here, Josh hasn't been able to eat and now is only able to eat certain foods.. so he's just happy to EAT. Meanwhile I'm trying to support him with what he's allowed to eat, so we only have certain fruits and veggies in the house.. I'm STARVING! I've had a smoothie for breakfast with 2 pieces of toast, carrot and celery sticks with dip for a snack. And I had 10 almonds.. lordy lordy lordy, I just want some pizza! lol..

-Aimee

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Yes, his back's seen a lot of trauma. He fell out of a lumber loft at work in 1994 and broke his back (L3-L4) and eight ribs. He went through physical therapy and was able to return to work in 1995. But, while helping with a load of shingles that fall, he reinjured the area, herniated a disk. He had fusion surgery in 1996, where they took bone from his hip and laminated around the two vertebrae, fusing them together.

I want pizza, too.

No! No! NO!

jillybean720
07-22-2005, 06:43 AM
It's so ironic that he could lose 140 pounds and be hit with this now. Doggone it.

I once read about a woman who had lost over 200 pounds. She didn't have surgery--she was doing the good ol' healthy diet and exercise. She was still overweight, but she was doing everything right. She had a perfect nutritionist-approved diet and was exercising nearly every day, both cardio and weights. She knew she was in the best shape of her life. Then she had a heart attack.

When I read that story, I was so infuriated! I was like, what's the point of doing everything right if you're just gonna get screwed anyway?! I talked to my mother and sister about it, and they felt the same way. It was so depressing to think that we can change and do everything "right" and still end up hurt.

Then, I talked to my boss at my old job about it. Her first reaction was, "wow, she's so lucky." Lucky?! I didn't understand how this poor woman who had worked so hard only to end up in the hospital could be lucky. My boss explained: "Well, if she were still as overweight and unhealthy, she probably wouldn't have survived the heart attack at all." What an amazing way of looking at it. I had never even thought about it from that side. She was right--the woman was lucky.

I guess my point is that maybe now that Howie has lost that 140 pounds, medical treatments will be easier for his body to handle, ya know? Maybe the surgery won't be as bad as it was the first time around because, even if he was lighter when he had surgery last time, this time his body is so healthy. He's got such a great diet and exercise routine that has helped him lose 140 pounds so far--I bet that super-healthy body of his could withstand surgery much better this time around. I hope he does what he needs to do to fix it before it gets worse :(

And my goodness, Aimee! How long will it be till they find out exactly what is wrong with your Josh? I really hope Howie and Josh both get fixed (well, we all know Howie's already been "fixed," but you know what I mean ;) )!!

As for pictures, my computer is all kinds of messed up since Jeff put Windows XP on it (to replace Windows ME--Mistake Edition--that I'd always had on it). Well, actually, my computer isn't messed up at all--it's running much better. However, programs that I had on it before are no longer available (since I got the computer back in 2000 and have no idea where any of my discs are). Included in the long list of programs that have since fallen by the wayside is my photo editing program. I can take pictures and upload them to my computer from my camera, but I can't resize them, so they are HUGE! There's probably a way to do it, but I haven't had the time to sit and figure it out.

Anyway, it doesn't much matter because I HATE my hair! Now I remember why I always kept it long--I could just brush it and leave it down or throw it up in a ponytail no problem. Now I remember how when it's short, the left side always looks perfect, and the right side always looks like sh!t. The left side does this thing where it just naturally flips out at the bottom, and it looks REALLY cute--I love it. However, the right side is completely ******ed. It doesn't really flip just out or under...it kinda does both, and the end result is horrible. I hate having to use a blow dryer or curling iron to fix it, and even when I do get it the way I want it, then I have to use hair wax to keep it there, and then it does its own thing after like an hour or so anyway, so my efforts were fruitless. It's just so frustrating. I SO don't have time for high-maintenance hair! :mad:

Oh, I was down 1/4 pound at TOPS last night. I'm pretty sure I would have stayed the same if I hadn't cut over 8 inches of hair off, but I'll take it anyway :p

Gardenwife
07-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Hey, hair has weight, but not that much. ;) Go for it.

Your post touched me, Jill, thank you. I sent the part about Howie to him in an e-mail. He's got so much going on in that back of his, he's really worried. I don't even want to think about it.

I hear you about the short hair. I look, umm, very interesting each day I get up. The best thing I did was get a little metal-barreled bristle brush. I twirl my hair around it as I dry it, curling it toward he front. When it's dry, I spray it lightly with hairspray (just a mist), wait a moment, and run my fingers through it toward the back. Then I give it a good "helmet of hairspray" covering. I do miss throwing it into a ponytail, and I miss not needing hairspray...But I love having it short.

Software-wise, check out these options. They're free and they work great, especially for someone who wants to do basic photo editing:

Google's Picasa2 (http://picasa.google.com) catalogs your photos and makes them quickly searcheable. Its effects work pretty well, too. To resize a photo, you crop it and tweak the color as you wish, then click the export button. There, you tell it what size you want the image to be. One big plus is that you can crop images to the ratio needed for various print sizes (4x6, 5x7, 8x10).

Irfanview (http://irfanview.com) (be sure to download the plug-in's file, one of which lets you rotate and save your JPG files with no loss of quality). It's a marvelous little program!

A little more complicated, but very fun, is Photofiltre (http://www.photofiltre.com). You can do more with color correction, cloning to cover blemishes, etc.

I'm a complete photo junky, so I try just about every free photo editor I see mentioned. Irfanview I always keep on my PC because it lets me arrow through an entire directory of photos full-sized (rather than having to open one at a time) and quickly cull those that don't make the grade. It's also not a memory hog.

SwimGirl
07-23-2005, 09:47 PM
A whole day without me posting.. whats this world coming to?!?! Yesterday before work I managed to pull a muscle up my entire back and neck.. ouchies! I was pretty much paralyzed last night, and got on the couch and didn't move. This morning was a bit better.. but I had to work.. I arrived to work and my district manager showed up at 9:10 (I arrived at 8:30), the district manager from the interior of BC arrived around 9:25, and the regional manager and HER boss arrived at 9:35. They rearranged the store, moved the sterio, put one some peppy dance music, and started selling. They really did boost our sales for the day, it was impressived really... but at the same time unknown to me... it was a working interview for me. Which I wasn't prepared for, mostly because I had no idea. It was all over a stressful morning, and then a staff member didn't show up for work... I tell yah, I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with this crap.. I'd have fired this girl MONTHS ago!

Well enough venting from me! I could go on for hours/days/weeks! Some news came back on Josh, he tested positive for Mono. They are still waiting for some test results, and are worried about his liver, so more tests are being done on Monday.. I tell yah, that body is going to have NO blood left soon! Keep those fingers crossed that I don't have mono too!

Well gals! Hope you are having a GREAT weekend!!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-24-2005, 02:17 AM
Oh, mono...Lovely mono. I had that in high school, during my freshman year. I failed a class and had to take it again my sophomore year. Ready for the class? Health. Yeah, I had to sit through HEALTH class again due to mono. Blargh! Keeping you and Josh in my prayers. :)

I had a great afternoon and night. From 3-7:30pm I worked in the yard, planting a newly-cleared flowerbed. My MIL went with us to Caribou for coffee, then after we dropped her off, we headed over to Wal-Mart and did a little clothes shopping. Howie was on-call last weekend, so he has extra money coming in this next paycheck; he said we both needed clothes, so happy birthday to me (it's Monday, the big three-eight).

It gets better. I bought a clearanced pair of Levi bootcut stretch denim jeans....In size 16. OMG, size 16! They're just tight, but they'll loosen up when I've worn them an hour, and they'll fit for a while yet even when they get a little looser. But 16! And I got a couple of 18/20 button-up, fitted shirts. I have a little left in the clothes budget, so I'm going to cruise eBay.

And HOWIE? Are you ready for this? He bought XL shirts and size 42 jeans! This man was in a 4x at the beginning of the year! Some XL's fit him fine in the chest, but are too snug around his belly still, but some fit well.

Gee, it's nice to look forward to clothes shopping.

SwimGirl
07-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Kimberley - it's amazing the transformation Howie is undergoing... going from an 4X to an XL is VERY impressive!! And you in a 16! Good going :) I can't wait to start to enjoy shopping again too! I'm addicted to deal shopping, and there are MUCH more skinnier stores with sales!
HAPPY EARLY BDAY! We all have bday's pretty close to eachother, eh? Well mine isn't until the middle of August.. but I'm already preparing for it. I hope you have a GREAT day, don't eat too much cake! :)

I'm starting to feel a little under the weather, my neck and back are INSANELY sore, and wow, I'm tired. I am keeping my fingers crossed it's not from Josh, which I doubt because we've been making sure not to drink from the same glasses, or kiss (it's been 3 weeks with no kisses!). I've been thinking about the whole dieting thing, along with exercise, and I'm thinking combining a bunch of different things will work the best for me, I was thinking about the "8 Minutes in the Morning" guy, he has a diet where you eat every 3 hours. I'm sure it's just combining the same types of foods are most diets, but I like the eating every 3 hours idea. And the 8 minutes in the morning weight program is an interesting idea as well... I'm just babbling.. thinking out loud I guess. Anyways! Have a great Monday!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-25-2005, 02:25 AM
Hope you feel better soon. Is your neck gland-sore or muscle sore?

I eat about every three hours, and it keeps me from being ravenous and overeating when I do eat.

We just got done watching the "Double Crossed" episode of "What Not to Wear" and "While You Were Out". Did you see that one? Great fun! I used to want to be on WNTW, but now I have a clue about what I should wear. Still, it'd sure be nice to have my new goal wardrobe funded by TLC. Can you imagine?? :D

jillybean720
07-25-2005, 07:01 AM
Ahh, Monday morning--struggling to keep my eyes open, as per usual :p

Aimee--I hate that Josh (and possibly you!) have mono, but at least they found out what it is so they can treat it and make everything all better! I've got my fingers crossed that YOU haven't caught it :crossed:

Kimberley--I can't WAIT to be excited for clothes shopping, too! A size 16--ooh, it seems SO far away! How awesome, though, to be able to buy things in the "misses" section instead of PLUS sizes all the time. You guys are doing splendidly!!

My weekend was a bust food-wise. Well, I stayed on-plan for Friday (except for the soup and breadstick I had at Olive Garden..."pasta" was my meal for that night, so I didn't give myself any grief for the cheese ravioli I ate ;) ). Saturday, I was perfectly on-plan (except that I didn't wait the full 2.5 hours between my first two "meals"...I had my mixed nuts about an hour after my fruit, but I still stuck to my menu). Then yesterday, all H-E-double-hockey-sticks broke loose! Jeff's older cousin had one of those PartyLite parties (where they come to your house and sell candles and stuff), and she made so much awesome food! She made a pina colada cake (yellow cake with rum in it and icing with shredded coconut) and Toquitos and home-made bread and fruit with AWESOME dip and this croissant roll thingy with chicken and cheese...ooh, I am drooling just thinking about half this stuff! And yes, I ate it all. And yes, I had more than one piece of each (except the cake--luckily, I am not a huge fan of coconut :p ). And according to my diet, yesterday was supposed to be my all fruits and veggies day. So much for that!

So of course, I came home expecting to weigh at least 2 more pounds than when I'd left on Friday, especially since I also hadn't been drinking enough water all weekend (oh, and did I mention the jr. bacon cheeseburger, fries, and small frosty I had in the car on the way home from Jeff's last night?! I was so out of control!!). Lo and behold, I peeked at the scale this morning (so what else is new?), and was pleasantly surprised. Just to make sure, I stepped off, let it turn off (it's a digital scale), and turned it back on, and stepped on again. Down by 1.5 pounds. I swear, I will NEVER understand my body! If I ate like that every day, I would be 500 pounds by now, but I guess my body was happy with it this one time. Who knows...but I certainly am NOT complaining and will be strictly on-plan all this week, since my parents are coming down from Connecticut and my sister is coming up from Va Beach to visit me this weekend, and we are having dinner at PF Changs (AWESOME Chinese bistro) Friday night and Maggiano's (AMAZING family-style Italian food) on Saturday night. I'll be sure to eat lots of yummies but try to stick to much smaller portions to limit the damage.

I spent $73 at the candle party. For that amount, I got this REALLY cool purple lantern thingy (called the Zen Lantern) that holds 3 tea lights and a set of votive holders that can actually be 2 little glass votive holders and 2 ball candle holders. I also got a 12-pack of votives (since they were on sale for $3 a dozen!). I LOVE candles, and they had so many awesome things in that catalog, so I am considering hosting my own party in order to get the discount on stuff I want. I also spoke to the woman about possibly becoming a consultant (so I could kiss Ruby Tuesday good-bye!), and she seemed very excited and encouraging, saying that there was SO much opportunity in this area and so few consultants. I am thinking about it--there is no financial obligation (as long as you hold a party that takes in at least $350, you get the kit for free, and Jeff's cousin took in over $450 in sales at her party, so I think I could do it), and if you don't like it, you can just stop doing it, so there's no real commitment. My sister did something similar with pearl jewelery and didn't have much success, but she enjoyed the parties she did do, plus she got to keep all the sample jewelery ;) I will have to think it over a bit more and talk to some people here to make sure I could have a successful party to start it off, but the consultant at this party said she made about $38,000 her first year (that was doing it part-time for 5 months, then quitting her full-time job and doing this full-time for the rest of the year), and that she made over $137,000 last year (not that I would EVER expect to reach that point, but it's good to know some people can be so successful with it). She was so nice and not at ALL pushy, so I think I might be able to do it. We'll see...

Well, I have successfully babbled entirely too long. Thanks for not strangling me for these long-winded posts :D Hope your weeks start off on the right foot (and stay that way!)!!

SwimGirl
07-25-2005, 11:45 AM
FIRST! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMBERLEY!!!!! :) :hb: :hat:

Kimberley - my muscles are sore, and last night my ARM was all tingly (the right one), it went away.. but SO very weird feeling! I'm falling apart, I'm hoping that I'm just tired from all this working stuff. I LOVED that double crossed episode, I got all hyper watching it.. lol. I'd like to be on the show because I have issues finding clothes that fit my body properly.. and would LOVE input on that! I think I'm also boring with what I wear and how I do my hair... wouldn't it be fun to spend 5000 on new clothes?

Jill - don't hurt me please :sorry: I heard from a WW counsellor that it takes up for 3 days for a binge on bad food to appear on your scale. I had that experience at Christmas too.. it was very un-nice... mostly because mine resulted in a 5 pound gain! (over 3 days.. scary!) Just get back on plan and I'm sure you will be fine though ! :) I have heard of Partylite as well, and definitely if you know a group of people who enjoy those things it can be profitable! Do research! I feel like a bag today, you canslap me now! :lol: There is only one Olive Garden in the lower mainland (span of 12 cities), I went to it, and it SUCKED. I remember going to the Olive Garden when I lived WAY East of here, and it was soooo soooo good.. I guess in a way it's good that it sucks here.. pasta is always my downfall!

Well I work today, but then get Tuesday and Wednesday off, I am looking forward to that, hoping my back muscles can heal! I am planning to hit the beach tomorrow with a friend, its about an hour away by car, but it's SO worth the drive :) Now if that sun will stay hot... ! Have a GREAT Monday :)

-Aimee

jillybean720
07-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I have heard that overeating can take a few days to show up on the scale, too, but I am usually up on Mondays from eating too much over the weekend, and I was down, so even if it goes back up a little, I think I will be okay for my weigh-in at TOPS on Thursday night.

I checked a little online this morning about PartyLite stuff, and the only negative comments I found were from 2002 about orders taking too long to come in or something (and then this dumb lady who b!tched about how her check bounced because her bank hadn't cleared other checks she deposited--SO not PartyLite's fault!). I will, of course, research a bit more. I also have to book 6 parties in my first 2 weeks, so I need to make sure I have friends who will be willing to have parties if I decide to try this. Worst case scenario, I don't like it or don't get enough bookings, and I quit doing it and stay at Ruby Tuesday. No harm done (cept maybe a few more hours without sleep for that week :p ). I'm really not expecting to make my first million through PartyLite ;)

And, of course,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIMBERLEY!!! :D :balloons:

SwimGirl
07-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Jill - I felt like such a downer with that post to you.. take it as caring! It's great that you can get out of Partylite if you want to... although.. you should do the sex toys parties! ;) teehee

Kimberley - how's your day going?? I hope you are out having TOO much fun to come in and post on your bday!

It looks like I'm going to the beach tomorrow! I bought some beach snacks today, some 100% juice boxes, and some mini rice cakes. They have this place on the beach that makes the BEST hot dogs and hamburgers... a little splurge on day 3 of my re-dieting.. oh well! heh.

-Aimee

SwimGirl
07-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Goodmorning! I keep waking up with these headaches, we are trying to keep drugs out of the house so Josh won't take any. I also got up early this morning for the beach, however my friend is nowhere to be found... meaning I can't get ahold of her. So I get a few minutes to myself this morning, not always a bad thing :)

Have a GREAT day gals.. I'm going to go read my book curled up on my bed!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-26-2005, 11:45 PM
For some reason, I didn't get any notifications for the posts here; wonder what's wonky with the watched threads this time. I got some notifications, just none for this thread. Sorry I missed your birthday greetings -- Thanks so much! :)

Aimee, if you wanted sun and heat THIS was the place to be. It got to 97 yesterday, and the heat index was 111. Today was cooler, only 95. A rainstorm that blew through here yesterday really hammered my veggie garden, blowing stuff around. If you can picture it, my cucumber vines were blown so they stretched out in the opposite direction than they had before. They started out stretching across the ground toward our driveway, but ended up trailing into my neighbor's yard. LOL!

I overslept and missed a hair appointment today --- geez, I felt badly about that. The guy's been doing my hair since the late 1980's and we consider him a friend. Bless his heart, he got me in late this afternoon. After that, my MIL and I lounged at Caribou Coffee for a while. By the time we got home, it was dark, so I set up my spotlight and tied up the tomato plants by lamp light. Boy, those tomatoes are getting big, and so are a few of the peppers. Won't be long now...*yum*.

SwimGirl
07-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Kimberley - Wow, 111 is 42 degrees C! Thats crazy hot! While it definitely gets that hot where my mom lives, its never that hot here. We are too close to the ocean I suppose, it's also a different kind of heat here... anything over 28 degrees C and you are melting! Sounds like you had a nice day, and a nice sleep in :) I absolutely love birthdays and try my hardest to get everyone as into them as I am... it doesn't always work though. This year however, I totally got my mom into the birthday spirit. I even got her making a list of everything she wanted, some of them we couldn't get, because they were pretty out there... but making the list is the fun part! :)

So I ended up going to the beach after all! And you can all slap me... I got ANOTHER stupid sun burn. Now, I'm SO careful, I got a sunburn on my arm this year in May, and since then I put on sunscreen even if I'm only going out in the sun for half an hour. I always wear stuff on my face, ugh! And so yesterday when we arrived at the beach the kids immediately wanted to go into the water (my friends son, and the kid she babysits), so they wanted me to come along. I quickly got my arms, legs, chest, reapplied on my face, but missed my back. Grr! It was QUITE the adventure going to the beach with an 18 month old boy, and a 3 year old boy. I was in charge of the 18 month old, so I chased him all over the beach, got down and dirty with him playing in the sand, splashed water with both of them... and today my back is aching, my arms want to fall off, and my thighs.. oh my thighs! Lets just say I'm not ready for children!

Today I was called into work, but I just can't work 6 days in a week, my body just won't let me. Instead I slept in, and might go to the beach this afternoon.... but I will apply sunscreen to my back BEFORE I leave the house!

Where is Jill?!?! It's the middle of the week!!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-27-2005, 02:15 PM
We've got to rally the ladies -- this is getting ridiculous, LOL! Oooooh, sorry about your sunburn.

Last night, we got the MOST encouraging e-mail from someone we know from another site. This lady had a neurological problem last year and was very sick. She ended up being treated at Johns Hopkins Hospital and received excellent care and shared with us the toll-free referral line for their neurology department. She said she knows a couple who has been very blessed financially this year and, if it comes to Howie needing surgery and being accepted at JH, our travel and hotel expenses will be covered -- no questions, for as long as needed.

THAT, friends, is a God thing.

SwimGirl
07-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Kimberley - thats great news! I hope it all works out :) My brother's gf fell ill a week after their vacation to Nelson, and had to go to the hospital and get TONS of testing done. Well, since her medical doesn't cover everything 100%, it's going to cost her a few bucks.. It often shocks me that people have to pay for health care, I wish I could adopt you and Howie and then he could come get better for free. But since I don't think thats possible.. I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed that everything works out!

We really DO need to get all these chicks back here..it's FAR too lonely eh?

-Aimee

jillybean720
07-27-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm here, I'm here!

Kimberley--that is awesome! Not that Howie needs surgery, of course, but that there will be help if/when you need it. My best wishes to you both!!

Aimee--I hear ya on the 6 days a week of retail. Good for you on saying NO--I always had a hard time with that :dizzy:

I have been busy at work this week because I have Thursday and Friday off. My parents and sister and Jeff are all staying with me this weekend, so I took Thursday off to clean my disaster of an apartment. Of course, taking days off means more work in the days prior to make sure nothing falls behind while I am out of the office. I also had to work all 3 days in a row at Ruby's, so I am SOOO tired!
Hopefully, I can get going on PartyLite stuff and completely quit Ruby Tuesday. It just makes me so tired to deal with these people and their picky food needs and their screaming messy children and their need to have 27 drink refills and their nerve to leave me a 10% (or less) tip when I have smiled through it all and done everything they asked...ugh!!

Whew, enough ranting. I need to get some sleep--and I don't even have to get up before the sun tomorrow!!! I can sleep half the day and clean the other half, then do my grocery shopping on Friday (since my parents shouldn't be here till about 2pm at the earliest).

We are definitely missing lots of people around here...

Gardenwife
07-28-2005, 03:58 AM
Aimee, we are so thankful Johns Hopkins accepts our insurance. I guess there's plusses and minuses to any healthcare system. Back in the early 1990's I heard all the talk radio pundits ranting about how socialized medicine as in Canada was not a good system, but then I look at ours and see how bad it is for the "working poor" who don't have insurance, and I wonder. I've not compared the two systems much in the last few years to see the main differences and the pros and cons of each.

Keep those adoption papers handy. ;)

I really like Ruby Tuesday's - nice salad bar. Mmmmm. Dang, I'm out of calories, but try to tell my appetite that -- I've stayed up too late! Waitressing is definitely not an easy job by any stretch, and when you're already working full-time, I just can't imagine! Hope the PartyLite or some other more flexible arrangement works out for you.

I fooled around with Paint Shop Pro tonight and made some new avatars, just for fun. Whatcha think? I was in a silly mood!

jillybean720
07-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Ha, those are awesome! How fun!

I slept until almost 8:30 this morning--it was AWESOME! Those 4 extra hours rocked my world! Then I got up and headed out to my car to go grocery shopping--what a difference in the weather! From the humidity and heat indexes of up to 110 (I know you know what I mean, Kimberley!), it is now MUCH less humid and only in the 80s today (haha, since when did 80s become an "only" :dizzy: ). It feels awesome, though, so I may have to take a walk later, even if only to the rental office to drop off my rent check :)

Well, tis the day of cleaning. I have sooooo much to do! And then my TOPS meeting tonight, which I am looking forward to because I know I have lost this week :D

Hopes and wishes to Josh and Howie :^:

SwimGirl
07-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Goodmorning!! Phew, all this sun is making is hard to sleep in, I might have to go to bed earlier... probably not though. I am closing these next two nights, and since Josh is staying at his parents house (they are away and need someone to take care of their dog), I'm hiking home! I'm still hoping a friend might come pick me up, because I don't need that kind of exercise.. heh..

Kimberley - I like the middle picture the best!! As for the pro's and con's of each medical system.. I haven't really gone over them, I once read an article in Glamour where 2 women had the exact same cancer, only one of them was going to die because she couldn't afford the expenses. When it comes to that, I think everyone deserves a fair chance. We are fortunate with Josh's employer, they cover the basic fee for MSP (Medical Servies Plan) for both of us, which is waved if you make under a certain amount. They also offer a great plan with all prescriptions covered, dental up to 1,500 a year each, and alternative medicine is covered as well. We pay 26 dollars a month for that.

Jill - I never say no, and I know my manager will hold it against me.. but 6 days in retail is just not right. 4 extra hours, you must be all perky and energized! I haven't slept in for REAL for a while, at least 2-3 weeks... my body feels like it's on autopilot. I woke up this morning with Josh at 8am, he turned on the blender for the morning smoothie, I did go back to sleep, but I hate interrupted sleep.

You know when you feel like something is off in your body? It's so weird, I can't pinpoint it. I would suspect I was pregnant, but with Josh being sick its been over a month since anything like that occured. Anywho, I'm just babbling.. procrastinating I suppose, today is my weigh in day! Alright.. off I go!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
07-28-2005, 02:39 PM
I skipped my weigh in because I recieved a piece of mail... a little late. It was the results of Josh's x-ray that he got done in Nelson (almost 2 weeks ago now). They noticed there was something going on with his spleen, it's enlarged or something, I'd like to say better late than never... but that would have been noticeable when it was done! An enlarged spleen is something associated with mono, but if it gets enlgarged sometimes it ruptures. Ugh, I hate this crap.

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-28-2005, 04:01 PM
I kind of like the middle one better, too. The grass one is fun, but kind of cluttered and too sharp. But, I was bleary-eyed when I made 'em. :D

Jill, you go, girl! Can't wait to hear how the weight-in at TOPS goes. I'm kinda scared of weigh-in tomorrow. We caved to the stress and got a large pizza Monday night. Best-case- scenario, I've maintained this week, I bet.

I don't remember mono making me sick to my stomach so much as just exhausted. Hope you both get some answers soon. The waiting stinks, I know!

Howie has an appointment with a neurologsurgeon on August 23. He called and asked to be put on the cancellation list in case anything opens up sooner. Once he sees that doctor, he'll ask that he call the physican referral line at Johns Hopkins. We're just playing it by ear - not much more to do than that!

jillybean720
07-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Woohoo--officially down 3.75 pounds for the week! I knew I had lost, but that was more than I expected. Not complaining, though!!

Gardenwife
07-28-2005, 11:27 PM
That is wonderful! I'm still apprehensive about weighing tomorrow. Still, if I've learned nothing else I've learned that I'll keep going nomatter what it says.

I'm making a nice dinner for Howie tonight. Usually we don't eat our main meal when he gets home, but he's had some kind of a stressful week and think he needs some pampering. I splurged and bought a package of the fancy spinach birdsnest pasta, so I'm making a nice salad, serving the pasta with some stewed zucchini and tomatoes on top, plus grilling some salmon. Guess I'd better rustle up a marinade pretty quickly.

I'd set the table outside, but I don't particularly feel like spraying myself with bug spray now that I'm inside from gardening and cleaned up! Oh, my, it's late -- I'd better find that marinade!

SwimGirl
07-29-2005, 01:35 AM
Jill - Thats SO great!! Congrats!! :)

Kimberley - awww, sounds like a nice dinner.. you got any left overs??

I made it thru work today, my manager left over an hour early so I was alone at work from 5:15 until 9pm, I sold a LOT of clothes.. and then my friend who works with me came to pick me up and drive me home :) She showed up at 8:45, and we chatted while I closed the store.. I love her!! Well I am super tired, so I'm going to hit the sack! Talk to yah'll in the morning!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-29-2005, 02:16 AM
Good friends are worth their weight in gold. On Monday, after Howie spoke to me on the phone about the doctor's report, I was sitting there snuffling and generally trying to keep it together (not very successfully). My best friend Amy called me because she'd gotten Howie's e-mail about it, and she asked if I was crying. I told her I was, and talked with her a bit.

We said goodbye and I tried to distract my mind with some surfing. The next thing I knew, there she was at the door. She said she couldn't just leave me like that, and gave me a big hug. How precious to have a friend just come over for that. :)

SwimGirl
07-30-2005, 01:58 AM
Kimberley - Its great to have friends like that.... not everyone does.. it's sad. I only recently found someone who can cheer me up... I've had issues with friends recently. Today I had a rough day at work, I visited a doctor about mono, who proceeded to tell me that I'm overweight and could be at risk for diabetes, which DUH, I KNOW!, I wanted to punch him out. Anywho, my friend at work cheered me up again.. she's going to start charging me soon! People are just getting to be too busy for that kinda stuff... which only leads to being more stressed.. you get my point. I'd glad to hear you have a friend like that :)

My day at work was insanely busy again, the hotter weather has JUST hit us in Vancouver, so people are just starting to shop.. but all of our summer clothes were shipped east because they are selling faster... talk about discouraging sales! I did 25 boxes of stock, including heavy lifting (bad for mono.. oops!), we've got some nice new clothes coming in for the fall.. but I'm not ready for the fall! I am SO tired I think I'm typing for the sake of typing.. so I'll stop! I am getting tested tomorrow for mono among other things.. I hope everything comes back negative!! I'll let you gals know!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
07-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Hey, you. Try to rest as much as you can - your body needs it.

I gained 2 pounds this week; guess I'd better face the music and change my ticker!

SwimGirl
07-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Kimberley - can you come here and tell that to my manager? She had me working my ARSE off today at work while she did things that didn't need to be done. It was aggrivating!! I have been sleeping lots, watching what I'm eating, and keeping my fingers crossed that I'm not ill! I'm sorry you gained 2 pounds, but I know you and it'll be off next week! Plus, it was your birthday! You get 5 pounds for birthdays and christmas! hehe.

So I don't know why this makes me mad, but my friend got home late last night and her mom told her not to give me a ride home anymore, like in a rude way. I guess I can sorta understand it, but I'm the one who is getting her daughter LOTS more hours at work.. she should be kissing my butt! lol.. Well I am off to stay at Josh's parents house for the night, I will talk to you guys tomorrow night! Be good!

-Aimee

jillybean720
08-01-2005, 06:52 AM
Good morning, everyone, and Happy Monday (hey, we can pretend, right? :p )!

Whew, I survived the weekend with my parents and sister and boyfriend all staying in my little 1-bedroom apartment. My parents and sister got me a 40-gig iPod for my birthday :D I'm actually listening to it right now, though I have only loaded about one-twentieth of my songs onto it so far. My parents also got me a real vacuum cleaner (the one I had was one of those "electric sweepers" and wouldn't pick up really heavy things like, umm, the feathers from my feather pillows :dizzy: ) and this thing called a Magic Bullet (it's like a food processor/blender/chopper thing). My sister also got me an indoor grill (not a George Foreman brand, but it has the removable grill plates so I can throw them in the dishwasher--yay!), so I made out like a bandit! Plus we went out to eat at PF Changs on Friday night (SO good!) and Maggiano's on Saturday night (even better!). Maggiano's was very expensive (the bill for the 5 of us came to about $170, plus I left a $30 tip, so about an even $200), but my sister and I covered the bill since my mother's birthday was July 26. However, after my parents left, I discovered $100 in cash that they left for me on my kitchen counter. Jeez, can't they just let us do something nice for them?! I split the cash with my sister since we had split the dinner.

All in all, a great weekend. Great food, great gifts, no fighting with my family, and still a little alone time with Jeff yesterday after my family all left :) As far as dieting, HA! I obviously overate (how could you NOT at such great restaurants?!), but at least on Saturday, we spent about 5 hours walking around a big mall plus another hour at another mall waiting for our reservation at Maggiano's, so lots of walking. I also had water with every meal at the restaurants instead of soda (well, I had soda once, but I also had water with it, so less soda than usual). I hopped on the scale this morning to find myself up 2 pounds, but that should be flushed out with plenty of water and getting back on my normal exercise and eating routine. We'll see if it had any lasting effects at my official weigh-in on Thursday, but I think I'll be okay by then.

Aimee--what were your test results?? I sure hope you're not sick, but at the same time, I hope they do find something wrong with you so they can fix it and you can feel all better, ya know? :^:

Kimberley--2 pounds considering both your birthday and all of the stress you've been dealing with ain't nothin'! It'll be gone in no time ;)

SwimGirl
08-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Goodmorning!

Jill - I don't hear until tomorrow probably, it's a Holiday here in BC!! It's, get this... "BC Day" hehe. We look for any excuse for a holiday :) So everything is closed, except my work of course! You and Kimberley, lordy women! You are ALLOWED to put on weight around your birthday! I sure plan to put on at least 2, hehe... we are going to this GREAT Pasta restaurant, seriously, best pasta, great price, HUGE servings, enough for 2! Mmmmm.... I'm drooling! You did hit the big one with all those birthday presents! :) I love presents... heh...

I am home! I spent the night at Josh's parents Saturday night, and I just couldn't sleep! So I literally did NOT sleep all night long, and then worked all day yesterday. I now realize I love sleep, love love sleep. I slept 12 hours last night, I feel like I could sleep more, but I was developing a headache from laying down for so long. I plan to sleep in tomorrow as well. The good thing about being at their place is that I found out that my scale is WRONG, in the higher end direction. I weighed myself at the end of the day, and it said 251, so it's about 10-15 pounds off!! :) Woohoo! I'll still stick to my scale because it's here.. but it's nice to know! :) Well I better run off to work, I get paid 12.45/hr (time and a half), and get paid a 7 hour stat as well. I am racking that cash in! Hehe, Have a good one!!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
08-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Hi, ladies. I just got up and am still feeling kind of muddle-headed. I've a headache that started last night and just seemed to hang round to greet me when I got up. Other than that...I'm semi-ready to face life. ;)

Jill, your weekend sounds like it was really nice. Gotta love sitting around a restaurant table and enjoying conversation with the family. And when they buy you goodies, WELL! ;)

Aimee, hope you're having a good day raking in those bucks. We popped into Value City (a local discount chain, kind of like TJ Maxx or Marshall's, if you have those). I found a pair of nice Gloria Vanderbilt jeans on sale. They're 16's, still, so yay.

We went to Target after having coffee. Boy, they have NICE clothes! They all ran a little smaller than the brands at Wal-Mart and VC, but I should be able to wear them in a couple months. They were closing in a half hour, so I just tried the 16's and 18's I'd grabbed initially - didn't want to take the time to try larger sizes.

I am going to be a dangerous woman when I reach goal and can begin building a permanent wardrobe!

SwimGirl
08-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Wow, slow day!!

Kimberley - we did rake in some serious coin for the company yesterday! We did 172% of our daily budget, and were run off our feet in the process! I'd say we earned every penny of the time and a half they paid us. It's good shopping though, 99% of the things on the sales floor in my store are 40% off the sale price, people are buying shorts for 10 bucks and tank tops for 9. And considering our summer weather is just arriving, it's good all around! I love target! Everytime we go to the states, I insist on going there, my fav pj's are from target, they also have cheap shaving cream! heh.

I have the day off today, and plan on enjoying it! I have to do some icky banking business.. but otherwise I have an empty day, and it's VERY sunny out ! :) Well I better go make my appointment! I'll be back later!

-Aimee

jillybean720
08-02-2005, 01:20 PM
I got a fish! My manager from Ruby's is moving to California, so I have adopted her blueish-purplish-reddish beta in a Megarita glass. His name is Pinch, and he is my new cubicle buddy at the office :) They say they can go up to 3-4 days without food, so I hope he will be okay on weekends assuming I feed him right before I leave on Friday and first thing on Monday morning. Of course, he's already 2 and 1/2 years old, so I don't expect he'll be my buddy for very long, but he will be my buddy nonetheless :D

Gardenwife
08-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm still getting listings ready for eBay. I tell ya, I can't look at the time it's taking to get them ready, or the actual monetary profit will be depressing, LOL.

Hope you're enjoying your sunny day, Aimee. It's sunny here, too, and HOT. I'm holed up inside working on the eBay stuff. I'd rather be gardening...Or even, dare I say it, cleaning. :fr:

Congrats on Pinch (what a funny name!). Bettas are easy to care for. You can read a good bit about them at this link (http://www.bettatalk.com/housing.htm). It's pretty entertaining reading, too.

SwimGirl
08-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Holy Cow!! No one was alive on here today!! Whats going on? This is SO out of control!!

Well, thats all I've got.. I am very sleepy... come back girls!!

-Aimee

Gardenwife
08-04-2005, 12:52 AM
I was out this evening running errands, then went and had coffee...not much going on! I wish our buddies hadn't dwindled away like they have. :( We'll tough it out, and maybe they'll return after summer wraps up.

jillybean720
08-04-2005, 06:03 AM
Yes, definitely quiet on here--my apologies for not posting at 6am yesterday as per usual ;) Well, TOPS tonight--I don't think I lost anything. When I weighed on my home scale this morning, it was the same as my home scale last Thursday morning, so I think I really stayed the same. However, last week, all I had to eat all day Thursday was a few small handfuls of trail mix before my TOPS meeting (because I was so busy cleaning and preparing for my family's arrival!), whereas today, I will eat and drink like normal, so I will probably be a bit higher according to the TOPS scale. Oooh well--c'est la vie. I will lose again next week!

My darling Pinch is doing well--he's very intrigued by the glass rocks at the bottom of his bowl. I think maybe he see's his reflection in them and thinks there's something down there. I know that you shouldn't keep reflective surfaces near a betta's tank too much because it stresses them out, so I would think maybe the shiny beads are a bad idea, but he doesn't get all puffed up and agitated--he just kinda pokes around in the rocks. Besides, he's already 2 and 1/2 years old and has been in the same bowl with the same rocks the whole time, so it's obviously not been to harmful in the past. He's much perkier now that he is acclimated to his new home, too. He was quite sedentary (thought to be dead on multiple occasions) the first day I got him, but now he's used to his new water and is quite feisty--he'll even nip at my finger if I stick it in the top of the water :p

Gardenwife
08-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Last time I did a partial water change in my aquarium, using the siphon tube to clean the gravel, I had a particularly curious tiger barb pecking away at a freckle on my arm. Either he thought it was food or it was a good target for his aggression. :D Bettas are such gorgeous fish with their irridescent scales and long fins. If I didn't have fin-nipping tiger barbs, I'd get a betta for our tank. Hmmmm...I have a little 5-gallon setup with a built-in pump still. Maybe our office needs one. ;)

Here's Hattie and a betta we had a few years ago. He got a terrible case of ich right after we got him, and he went kaput. One evening he was fine, next afternoon he was covered thick with ich cysts and gasping at the bottom of the bowl. Never even got him into his permanent home -- What a bummer that was!

SwimGirl
08-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Hey! Phew, it's HOT here! I've been missing the heat because I've been working so much, but today I got off a little early and got to witness it all! Today would have been better spent at the beach I tell yah!

We are getting ready to do a fall setup in my store, and it's pretty stressful for all the stores, we are suffering from a lack of employee's. Why would people bother with working a hard retail job while making 8 bucks an hour when they could be making 9 bucks an hour as a cashier at a grocery store. I'd prefer a higher wage, but I just don't have the time to look for another job, I'm too busy surviving!

What should I have for dinner? I'm feeling pretty lazy, does someone want to come cook for me ;) heh.

Jill - Goodluck with your weigh in, let us know how it goes!

Kimberley - Tomorrow is your weigh in! I am looking forward to hearing about you losing that pesky birthday weight...

I shall talk to you ladies tomorrow :)

-Aimee

Gardenwife
08-05-2005, 02:18 AM
I started an AUGUST thread. Can't believe we all kept jabbering and missed it. LOL! Let's head over to the new thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62891).

(Maybe we can get people to start posting again if it's fresh, kinda like my cat when she's got a newly-changed litterbox...Ooooh, a fresh canvas!)