South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 06:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF on The Beach - July 1

Good sultry morning, all! I can't stay long because I keep losing my connection. We have t-storms in the area and I'm starting to worry about a fried modem.

Happy 138th Birthday, Canada! You are looking good!
I plan to be at the Fairgrounds this morning for 9 when we crank up the birthday celebrations with all kinds of free kiddie activities, a BBQ and big birthday cake. It should be fun and all the things can be moved into the Hall if it rains.

Last night I was way off program. I went to the BBQ at Alison's last night. Talk about a carb-fest! She served lasagna, garlic bread, bean salad, my cake and ice cream! Oy! Impossible to stay OP on that except for the bean salad which had sugar in it! Anyhow it was a fun evening aside from the stupid food. Why serve such heavy stuff on a hot night?

I'll take Hershey to visit Harry this afternoon and need to decorate her collar with Canada Day ribbons. Tonight I will go to Joan's for dinner and then will be out on Big Rideau to watch the Canada Day fireworks weather permitting. If it rains, the fireworks will be cancelled but we'll get cooler weather as compensation and they'll do the fireworks on Saturday.

Have a wonderful Holiday Weekend, chickies, and stay safe!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:37 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Ruth: Sounds like you have a fun day planned. Me.....going into work at 7am because my boss can not handle 24 feet of denim to merchandise...IDIOT!! It's denim, fold it & call it a day!
Well I gotta get some breakfast & get my butt out the door! Have a great day ladies!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:40 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ruth "HAPPY CANADA DAY" your day sounds like it will be lots of fun. We are off for the family camping week end. We too have rain. But we are going anyway.
I hope everyone has a wonderful long week end. I will check in Sunday when I get back.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:41 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Soon we were posting at the same time. Have fun folding the denmin.
Have a great week end
Old 07-01-2005, 06:49 AM   #5  

A big Happy Birthday to our CANUCKS! Ah , no one has better neighbors !
As always Ruth, you have a FAB FILLED day planned.. and the h*ll with OP once in awhile... the food sounds 2 DIE for... I bet Hershey will look Spiffy in her collar and Harry will love to see you both... ENJOY the celebrations!

FAB:AACK! Too Funnie Girl!

Me: No great shakes today.. Going for my power walk, and then settling in to read Wizard and Glass, the 4th book in Stephen Kings Dark Tower Series since major T storms are predicted (love it ,hope there's lots a boomers!)
Old 07-01-2005, 06:51 AM   #6  

Have a great time Little Chick and roast a marshmellow for us!
Old 07-01-2005, 07:26 AM   #7  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Morning ladies
I havent posted on a daily thread here, but I am a lurker who thought I might join in if its ok Been on South beach since the 11th of June and love it...had a bump in the road but all is back to normal now and I am sticking to phase 2 and man did I ever miss my ww totillas

Ruth- Have fun today...sounds like a great day to me
Well I just looked at the clock....its time to take the girls to summer school for their last day and go buy some more OP grocerys before the stores fill up...Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:06 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi Christie Welcome to our little stretch of the beach.

Ruth, Ellis , LC and all Canucks~Happy birthday!! Enjoy the day

Soon~Sorry that you have such a useless boss.

LC~Have a wonderful time camping, rain or shine

Schatzi~I think that I have read everything by SK except The Towers. I might have to read it .

All to come~ I hope you have a peaceful and sunny day on the beach.

Me~Gotta run to Sam's Club for some groceries before it get's too hot. Then I plan to relax by the pool. Yesterday it was 90 + the high humidity and today should be the same. No plans for the weekend except work~yuck.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:12 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! I finally figured out how to make a yummy iced coffee! Double strength Java over ice, some splenda, skim milk and SF Irish Cream syrup! Yum! Now I just need to make some crushed ice to have on hand because bashing it in a tea towel with a hammer is work!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:22 AM   #10  

Hi everyone! Well TGIF this week has been long enough if you ask me!

I am getting REALLY REALLY sick of the scale not moving... it has not gone UP but it has not gone down either I am STUCK STUCK STUCK....so instead of giving up..I am making sure I am working out every day for at least 30 min (yesterday I worked out for an hour)...and I am drinking water instead of crystal light...I have added weights into the mix...and thankfully my elbow feels much stronger!

This weekend we are going to Hampton beach for the day and laying in the sun..then catching the fireworks at some point i adore fireworks..!!

Tonight I am going home and lounging around with J and then prob laying in bed and catching up on some FUN reading...instead of horrible class reading!

Good news is that I finished my paper.. so that frees up my weekend!

So anyways hope all of you enjoy your holiday weekend!!! cant wait to hear all about it!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:27 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning Chickies-

And Happy, HAPPY morning to my Canadian Friends!

Me? Not so happy. ON my way to work. Planning a camping trip indoors I suppose.

Just bummed...

talk to you all later. Happy Friday
Old 07-01-2005, 09:10 AM   #12  
Addicted to Reading

Happy Canada Day all.

I'm getting ready to go to work and praying that, since my boss is Canadian, he'll have mercy on us all and shut the place down early. I'd like to get my long weekend started as soon as possible!

Today is day 5 of phase 1 for me and I am really feeling great. The first couple of days all I could think about was bread and chocolate...it was taking real willpower to stay the course. Now I'm not thinking about it at all...I feel great!

Now to survive our 4th of July BBQ without attacking the potato salad. I can do it!
Old 07-01-2005, 09:26 AM   #13  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Good Morning and Happy Canda Day!

I finally got off my excuse making butt and walked this morning with a walk away the pounds DVD. We moved a month ago and I misplaced my others so I "couldn't" exercise, right? Wrong! but that is the excuse I was using to myself. I went to the library and checked out one of theirs until I can find mine or go buy new ones. I think I will have to go buy them though, I think they may have been thrown out by accident

I took some measurements last night, got naked and stood in front of the mirror to make it clear to myself that I need to stop splurging and get with the program. Nothing like a huge naked butt in the mirror to help your resolve LOL

Anyway, I am feeling good, have had lots of energy the past few days. We still don't have plans for this weekend, we will see what comes I guess. You all have fun with your fireworks and OP cookouts!!
Old 07-01-2005, 09:37 AM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Chicks

Was MIA for a couple of days my upper back was out. I have a deterating disc in my neck and it hits the nerves in my arms & fingers.Nothing can be done,except taking meds. The hot humidity doesn't help either.

W-I yesterday and the ticker is stuck at 150 ,no matter what I try. Was on Phase 1 for a couple of weeks,but it didn't help either.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADIAN FRIENDS, ENJOY YOUR DAY ON THE BEACH OF COURSE .

Ruth-take care with those storms they can be wicked I afarid of T-storms(a mother thing) Enjoy your day at the fairgrounds.

Soon-have a good day even if your boss is a Idiot.Its Friday and its the weekend don't stress

Little chick-Have a great time camping with your family

Schatzi-I'm a big Stephan King Fan Myself.Read most of the Early Dark Tower Series. Now I have to Catch up to the others.

Christain-Welcome to the beach Enjoy those tortilla

Angel- We're in the same boat I'm STUCK also. The stupid scale doesn't move.Dr A. Says that if your blood chemsity is healthy the scale won't move. Have fun at your Hampton Beach Weekend and let the fireworks brighten your day. The scale will have to move some time.

Jenn- Sending some Happy vibes: your way.Don't be down on this long weekend. Enjoy. Yourself Sending Hugs

Klibrarian & Fl-Mom we posted at the same time.

Klibrarian-Hope you get off early

Fl- Mom-I like the WATP's tapes doing them instead of walking in this hot weather.

Have a nice day ALL , & Have Independence Day Weekend Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 07-01-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:04 AM   #15  

Morning.....

Ahhhhh... DH is taking DD to preschool for me this morning. Just a quick post and I am crawling back into bed for a nap while the baby sleeps.

Have a super day.... I will post individually when I am a bit more coherent! (In five years maybe, with the way I have been feeling!!)

Closed Thread