Old 07-01-2005, 04:19 AM   #1  
Laura

Cool OT: Any Weekend Plans?

Those of us in the states are celebrating the 4th of July weekend - no matter where you are...are you doing anything fun this weekend??

Me: Nope. My DH works weekends so there's no fun to be had around here. He does have a partial vacation day on Saturday so he only works 6 hours, that'll be cool! But he has 2 - 12 hour days, one Friday and one Monday <sigh>. Anyhow, I'll probably drag the kiddos out for some grocery shopping tomorrow (Friday) and maybe down to Old Navy on Saturday (which means we'll be forced to go into the Barnes & Noble next door ). No other plans really...my mom lives close-by so I'll probably suck her into coming over for dinner on Monday.

Oh yes, life is exciting here at our household.

Anyhow, let me live vicariously - what are you all doing?
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:38 AM   #2  

Shhhh don't tell anyone, but we actually have a bit of money this weekend, so we're going to a big shopping centre, and I am going to get myself some treats, like new swimming goggles, and some make-up, exciting stuff.

My dh has got Sundays off now, so we're going to have a day out in the country, there is a fair on, not far from where we live, and so we're going to that and diong lots of walking.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:33 AM   #3  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Kykaree.. sounds romantic to spend a Sunday with dh. Do you have any children? I would love to spend a day with just dh! Only 18 more years to go!!

We are staying home and doing yard work.. yeah.. fun!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

My hubby, and two fur babies are traveling to my mom and dads this weekend for the holiday. That will be fun. I've got to show off my blooming belly! We'll do the cook-out thing, catch some fireworks, and my dad and hubby will go out on the boat fishing while we do some shopping or some other fun activity! It will be great! Hope you all have a fun and safe weekend!.
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:14 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

It's all going to depend on how I feel (having TOM issues). It will be great just for my partner and me to spend time together! We will probably visit his parents one day this weekend.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:29 AM   #6  

Default Miscarriage/infertility issues mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbar
Kykaree.. sounds romantic to spend a Sunday with dh. Do you have any children? I would love to spend a day with just dh! Only 18 more years to go!!

We are staying home and doing yard work.. yeah.. fun!
No Charbar, no kids unfortunately. My dh has a 20 year old from a previous marriage. I have tried a couple of times, but have miscarried both times. We've pretty much decided on life without children as hard as it is. If my dh was younger, it would be different, but with him at 54 and me at 33 I don't think it's something thats meant to be.

I'm concentrating on being a slim and happy aunty to my real and cyber nieces and nephews!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:29 AM   #7  
Crazy Canuck

We in Canada are celebrating the July 1st weekend (Canada Day, the anniversary of the signing of the Confederation making us our own country within the British Commonwealth), which means NO WORK TODAY, YEA!!

Today we're just relaxing and enjoying the fact there's no work (Mum's coming over for a backyard bbq and bringing her delicious potato salad that I must totally stay away from because I'm incapable of only eating a couple of tablespoons! ) When it gets dark we'll all go down to the waterfront and watch the firework displays. Saturday we'll visit Dad in the morning and then head out for a day at Canada's Wonderland (our "Six Flags" place - I'm an absolute rollercoaster fanatic) and Sunday we're visiting friends (I'm in charge of bringing the fruit and veggie trays ).
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:39 AM   #8  

Jill- I love Wonderland. I've been there about 10 years ago. I truly enjoyed my trip to Canada.. I remember feeling so "adult-like" because I was 18 and could buy drinks at the bar! I also remember buying cigarettes there, because they were so different that what I'd seen at home. We went into the "adult stores" too!! Shhh. Don't tell hubby or Baby Carson.. We were pretty bad back then. That was the best trip ever I think. A few of us gals also got caught by hotel management flashing some people on the highway (result of visiting the bar I think). I must sound like a criminal!! I was right out of high-school that summer. A bunch of us gals loaded up and went to Niagra Falls and Toronto. It was the best vacation ever. Maybe I should come back for a visit!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 10:47 AM   #9  
Jennifer

Gretchen, that is a great story! I love tales of wild youth, particularly because mine wasn't quite so wild (although my sophomore year of college I did get into some nice hijinks with my best friend). I always wished I had a wilder youth, though!
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:52 AM   #10  
Crazy Canuck

Oh great, Gretchen, you want to come back NOW to visit when you're a mature adult mom-to-be so we can't smoke, go out drinking or flash people - you're no fun anymore! I guess we could climb the CN Tower together - that's a feat I fully intend on repeating (I'll race ya!)
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:54 AM   #11  
Jennifer

p.s. Jill - I'd love to join you on the roller coasters! I'm a fanatic myself . When I was a kid, the second my sister was tall enough to ride the rides, I made her my rollercoaster partner. I haven't been on a ride in years, though...
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 11:08 AM   #12  

Well Jill-- I don't HAVE to be a mature adult you know.
Man do I have some stories... Ahhh... the college years jen... From what I remember of them.. were excellent! LOL just kidding.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:43 PM   #13  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Kykaree,
(((((Hugs)))))
I just wanted to tell you that I also had two miscarriages...followed by two healthy beautiful children.

I know how painful it is and I'm so very sorry for your loss
For me, I have to chalk it up to fate....not the right timing in my life.. and one was with a horrible, abusive boyfriend at 15 years old.
33 is nowhere near too old..many women are having their first babies after 30 and even after 40.

I just wanted to send you a huge (((HUG))) to let you know that I truly feel your pain...but also to say that if it is something you want in your soul...you can do it.

xoxox
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 03:17 AM   #14  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

This weekend I will be working each day but Monday the 4th. My mom may come to visit, haven't heard for sure yet. If she does thinking we will make a day of it if the weather cooperates and head to the lake for a all-American cookout then see the fireworks in town that nite.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote